Free Form RP Forums: General Roleplaying
Moderated by Kalia_Majere, Lunitari0

[ARCHIVES] [YOUR FFRP SETTINGS] [LIST FFRP FORUMS] [LIST GAME TOPICS]

Blackstone
Game ID: 300389
Posted By: Benn-Salian on Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:09 PM

Listing 51 to 73 of 73 Replies
Page of 2    OOC/RECR PAGE: (1 pg.)
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Tuesday December 11, 2012 3:26 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos walked down the port side towards the stern of the vessel. About three quarters of the way down he comes to a lever on the floor. As he pulls the lever the stern end appears to rise up off the garage floor. Davidos pushes the lever back and the vessel stops rising and he looks to Kilroy and yells "now pull on the rope."


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday December 11, 2012 11:32 PM

RE: Blackstone

The stern of the GM=L+S angled down making it easier for a gremlin to pull it out into the courtyard. But Kilroy had already decided that he wasn't going to pull. That left gravity to do the work. The chuck under the wheel gave way on its own and the GM=L+S began to come down the ramp and from the gremlin's perspective right at him.

Although it wasn't going very fast due to inertia, it was moving towards Kilroy and that made him uneasy. His thoughts began to race. It's going to destroy you. You didn't didn't bring entropy. You didn't destroy it. Now it's too late. Its going to destroy you!"

Kilroy dropped the rope and hurried outside. "Mr. Gnomeflinger!" he yelled, "Don't let it destroy me!"

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:04 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Wednesday December 12, 2012 4:49 AM

RE: Blackstone

The old gnome followed the GM=L+S as it slowly rolled to a stop just outside of the doors to the garage. He turned to Kilroy hiding behind the wall of the garage "you were never in any real danger the gimels would not have hit you. You were too far to the side. It would have rolled right past. Take a breath and calm down we are almost ready to go." Davidos said to the scared gremlin with a calm and soothing tone in his voice.

Davidos makes his way to the small latter attached to the starboard side stern section of the GM=L+S, and starts to climb aboard. "Are you coming aboard or not?" He asks the gremlin with excitement in his voice as he waits with anticipation.

[Edited by kid_14701 on Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:26 AM]


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Thursday December 13, 2012 3:21 AM

RE: Blackstone

Once Kilroy confirmed that he was not harmed and the GM=L+S was safely stopped, he proceeded after the gnome. He climbed up the ladder, back onto the GM=L+S's deck.

He noticed that Mr. Gnomeflinger was excited and that was enough to snap the gremlin out of his fear. He remembered that he, too, was excited about this trip. "That's right! We're taking the gimels out for a spin," he exclaimed delightedly, "but I forgot where we're going. Where are we going, Mr. Gnomeflinger? Is it a secret gnomish flea market that only gnomes know about and where they sell they wares?"


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Thursday December 13, 2012 8:17 AM

RE: Blackstone

"We are off to the Blackstone marketplace down by the river. Need to find a replacement parts for the HAB+H. I need to go give it a look over first though." Davidos says as he turns to move towards the ladder.

Davidos gets over to the ladder and hops off down to the ground. Walks around the back of the GM=L+S. turns back and yells to Kilroy "would you like to come with?" he asks as he waits for a response from the gremlin.

[Edited by kid_14701 on Monday, December 17, 2012 9:22 AM]


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Friday December 14, 2012 6:56 PM

RE: Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


"Well seeings as he is here, it could mean that maybe we could get along. I don't mind helping. As far as I can see he trying to do something noble. It's decided then, I will not turn him away. I did just acquire a chest that I haven't been able to open. I was going to take it to the tinker anyway. Perhaps my newly acquired chest holds the answer to the satyrs problem. I can clearly recall all of the things I have collected over the years, and this is the only thing that has me stumped."

Mal'rash smiled. "As you wish good Satyr. Follow Me"

He moved to the back of the establishment, opened a door and motioned for the satyr to exit.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Monday December 17, 2012 9:03 AM

RE: Blackstone

Deordic followed Mal'rash to the back of The Pearl. He entered the room offered by the goblin.

Now was the time to do what he planned to do. He didn't want to explain himself to this slumfolken goblin, but he knew that it was important.

"Sir, you know that I'm looking for something important. What I'm looking for is a unicorn horn," the satyr looked at the goblin's face to see if he was astonished. Of that, he couldn't be sure but it was safe to assume he was, "Obvious, you can understand why I didn't say anything earlier. It is very important that I get it back."

A Better Mousetrap


"Do you mean Audubon Square?" Kilroy asked, referring to the large scale flea market at the center of Blackstone where the citizens of the city traded random odds and ends for other random odds and ends. "I guess we can look there for another combustion plate for the HAB+H but the chances of finding one there is unlikely."

The gremlin regretted the words as they came out of his mouth. He smiled at the gnome uneasily. He hoped it wouldn't occur to Mr. Gnomeflinger to ask how he knew the combustion plate was damaged.


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Monday December 17, 2012 9:51 AM

RE: Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


Mal'rash stepped into the thin alley and let the back door to the Pearl close behind him. The dirt path that two were now standing on, snaked behind many menacing abandoned buildings and just enough light peaked in from above to light the tiny walkway.

"I understand, and I apologize if I have slowed your progress. If you please follow me, I have something that could help in your search." Mal'rash said with a hopeful smile.

And without another word Mal'rash started off in the direction of the upper city.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Tuesday December 18, 2012 3:35 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Davidos nodded his head in agreement "The Audubon Square usually has everything I need. But if I can't find what I'm looking for I can always find someone who knows where to get what I need." The gnome walks off towards the HAB+H to investigate the damage. He looked right at the combustion plate. Most of it was gone and what was left was charred black from the fire. "How did you know we needed a new combustion plate Kilroy?" Davidos asked as he continued to look over the wreckage assessing more damages.

In addition to the combustion plate the whole tail end and the drive belt needed replaced. The front end was surprisingly untouched by the fire and in good condition. Even the balloons were untouched. Davidos wrote down all the damaged parts he needed to replace on a small notebook he kept in the front pocket of his shirt. After he was finished he placed the notebook along with the small pencil he used to write with back in the same pocket. He then started his way back to the GM=L+S.

[Edited by kid_14701 on Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:06 PM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Thursday February 14, 2013 11:25 PM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos climbs aboard and heads straight for the upper deck. He is in a rush because the wind is picking up and this would be the perfect time to get under way.

He reaches the upper deck where he stops abruptly with a puzzling look on his face. Around the area of the deck are several levers, the main wheel in the center, and 3 chairs. After a few moments the gnome walked up and pulled one of the levers next to the wheel. The noise of grinding gears and moving chains could be heard.

Down on the main deck the center mast jerks and jars a few times as it starts to rise. After fully up the side arm falls down and the sail opens up. A big gust of wind blows filling the sail. "Onward and away" Davidos yells as the GM=L+S starts to slowly move.

[Edited by kid_14701 on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:32 AM]


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Wednesday February 20, 2013 3:01 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy barely contained his excitement as the GM=L+S lurched into propulsion. The sharp, thunder sound of the sail as it unfurled and filled with wind was as pleasing a sound as the gremlin could imagine. The excitement overcame the gremlin and he ran to the bow of the GM=L+S, to watch as the craft progressed through its course towards the horizon, to the Audubon Square.

The Square and its market wouldn't be far enough away for Kilroy to get his fill of the GM=L+S but that wouldn't bother him until later. For now, he simply enjoyed being on that craft and thought to himself how the typically dank and sooty air of Blackstone almost had a crisper feel, as if the GM=L+S had magically aided in that perspective.

The GM=L+S was travelling at about eight knots down Magistrate's Way. There were very few citizens of Blackstone on the road at this time and then far fewer as the GM=L+S approached. It was fortunate that Kilroy had stayed at the forefront of the craft because he was able to recognize the impending danger and altert Davidos of what was awaiting them. "Halt the Gimels, Mr. Gnomeflinger!" he yelled behind him, trying to make his gremlin voice as loud and booming as possible to be heard over the rippling sail, "Be careful! There's a goat in the road!"


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Wednesday February 20, 2013 10:15 PM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos could hear Kilroy's screams clear as day. Looking ahead while at the wheel he could see the goat. Lining up the goat to the center of the GM=L+S Davidos reaches one arm above his head and smiles as if he knew something funny that no one else knew.

At this point he was seconds away he pulls down on a rope above his head and what can only be described as a fog horn could be heard. The noise startled and made the goat fall to the ground as if to die out of fear and the GM=L+S drove right over top.

Davidos looked towards the stern. The goat emerged out the back unharmed by the GM=L+S and jumped to his feet and walked off like nothing happened. Davidos looked to Kilroy smiled and yelled "Thank god for Fainting Goats".


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Saturday March 2, 2013 1:51 AM

RE: Blackstone

Looking back at the goat, the gremlin felt uneasy. The creature seemed hardly phased at all. It didn't seem natural in the least. Kilroy got the feeling this wasn't the last time he'd encounter such a nonchalant goat.

Gnome, gremlin and GM=L+S made their way down Magistrate's Way, the roadway being one of the two that intersected through the heart of Blackstone, the Audubon Square. Kilroy could begin to see the marketplace. He could see it with its hawkers and their wares spread out across the ground on bolts of cloth. As usual, there wasn't any organization to it all, just random people bartering whatever they happened to have found in their lodging. Rarely did anyone buy anything. No one had money to buy. Folks in Blackstone merely tried to sell their livelihoods long enough until they were too tired. Then they traded with someone else or left their wares behind for scavengers.

If Audubon Square was close enough for the gremlin to see with the naked eye, he reasoned that they should begin making preparations to stop the GM=L+S. Searching around the stern of the vehicle, Kilroy noticed three levers with blue handles. Surely one of these stopped the GM=L+S. "Mr. Gnomeflinger!" he called out to the gnome, "I'm going to brake the Gimels."

He grabbed the first level and pulled. He felt the tension in the rod and heard a squealing sound of metal on metal and assumed there were clamps pinching on the wheels of the GM=L+S in an effort to slow it down. It seemed to help significantly but the GM=L+S did not stop.

Kilroy pulled the second blue level. He had a loud pop and then heard an unfurling sound as a large parachute opened up behind them. It quickly filled with air and dragged the GM=L+S down to just a knot or two.

The gremlin began to panic. Although the brakes and the parachute had brought down the speed of the GM=L+S, neither actually stopped it. He looked ahead and saw they were almost upon the marketplace. People were beginning to react to the encroaching GM=L+S. "Mr. Gnomeflinger! It's not stopping!" he yelled as he tugged the last blue lever.

Thud!

A large block of ice fell to the ground from somewhere underneath the vehicle and the block of ice was dragged by a large chain connected to an anchor that was frozen deep within the block. The block of ice dragged side to side behind the GM=L+S, the ice being scrapped and chipped by the uneven surface of the road.

The GM=L+S came to a slow stop about fifty yards short of the Audubon Square. Kilroy feel in a heap upon the deck of the GM=L+S, out of breath after scream as loud as he had.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Friday March 8, 2013 1:53 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos jumps down onto the main deck of the GM=L+S. "Well we are here, more or less. We should reset the break system before going to trade our wares." He says just before climbing off the edge of the GM=L+S.

A short time later everything is packed up as it once was and Davidos returns to the deck of the gimels. "One second and we can go, I need to go get the list." he tells Kilroy as he disappears into the cabin of the ship. Shortly after a hatch opens on the top of the cabin and out pops the gnome's head. He looks towards the market place ahead with astonishment.

He could see hundreds of people gathered in an open field. What could only be heard as a collective noise from all of them talking all at once could be heard from good distance away. Tents lining the outside edges and around the center. There was a musky smell mixed with the smell of livestock that filled the air. Davidos was familiar with the smells he had been here many times over the years. To many to count and each the same as the last. But still every time he comes is just as amazing as the first time to him.

He turns to look at Kilroy with the excitement of a child on his face and shouts "To the market " as he ducks back down and closes the hatch.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday March 10, 2013 10:26 PM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy jumped down from the deck of the GM=L+S to the ground. He was still shaken up from the vehicle's lackluster stopping ability. Perhaps there was some reason why the voices he heard mistrusted technology so much.

Taking a moment to look around, the gremlin was a bit crestfallen about the wares he saw being bartered for. From the train depot, where he had stayed prior to meeting Mr. Gnomeflinger, he could see how many people came down to the Square but only now was he close enough to see how mundane the merchandise was. Strewn about on top of blankets on the ground and under makeshift tents were likely remnants of abandoned households. Used clothing, silverware, clay pots of every size and the occasional duck or other livestock could be seen. Kilroy had hoped for artisans and craftsmen, what he got was yard sales.

The gnome then closed the hatch and made his way to the market. Kilroy followed after him.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday March 15, 2013 8:13 PM

RE: Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


"I have something that could help in your search,"the goblin's words lingered in Deordic's mind.

Something, but not the unicorn horn. The satyr hadn't meant to get his hopes up but apparently he had. Where the goblin led him wouldn't be the horn but would it truly, like he claimed, help Deordic? He certainly hoped so. He couldn't afford to lose more time than he already had.

Deordic followed Mal'rash through the back alley.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Friday, March 15, 2013 8:33 PM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Saturday March 16, 2013 9:57 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Getting to the market Davidos turns to Kilroy and says "Now to find the parts I need to fix the HAB+H." Davidos reaches into his pocket and pulls out the list and rips it in half. "We can cover more ground if we split up" he says looking at Kilroy with half the list in an outstretched hand. "Take half the list and see if you can find anything on here."

On the piece of paper Davidos handed Kilroy five things were written.
1) 5 belt pulleys assorted sizes
2) Scrap sheet metal
3) Push mower blade
4) Pipes
5) Combustion plate


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday April 14, 2013 3:30 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy began to look around the market. He saw plenty of hawkers that had nothing of use, mostly items that would have been found inside of their house but were instead strewn across their used linens for bartering purposes. The gremlin bypassed these wares and kept an eye out for what he knew he would eventually find. The shop owned by Prendergast.

Prendergast was a man who Kilroy had seen pilfering from the train graveyard that he often stayed in. Few people ever entered the train graveyard. They believed it to be haunted. Even Prendergast only scurried around the outer edges before he lost nerve. Kilroy was confident that the man had never seen the gremlin, which he hoped was true right now.

Sure enough, Kilroy found the shop. A makeshift canopy kept Prendergast and his ill gotten scavangings out of the sun. Kilroy could smell the spent oil and cast iron pieces. He eyed the spread and found something he was interested in. He picked up a steam intake piping and noticed it was still joined to another piece he did not have need for.

He lifted the piece to examine it. The intake pipe was as tall as he was and half again. It was very heavy but this was not a concern for the gremlin who lifted up with ease and rotated it above his head to get a better look at where it was joined. When Kilroy was satisfied he snapped the cast iron where the two pieces met like it was a wishbone on a fowl.

"How dare you ruin my goods!" Prendergast shouted irritably at the gremlin.

"It's alright. I can offer - " Kilroy began to explain before being interrupted.

"Guards!" Prendergast bellowed across Audubon Square.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Friday May 17, 2013 3:11 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos heard all the commotion in the distance. He looked over and noticed Mr. Prendergast yelling for the guards next to him holding a pipe was Kilroy. Davidos started to make his way through the crowd. Swerving in and out of people all pushing against him to see the escalating tension between the gremlin and Mr. Prendergast.

"Mr. Prendergast." Yelled Davidos trying to make his voice heard over the crowd. "Mr. Prendergast let me pay for that." Saying as he gave a look to Kilroy. "How much do I owe you?"

Davidos reached into his pocket and pulled out two coins he had tossing them to Mr. Prendergast "This should cover the cost." Mr. Prendergast caught the coins opened his hand to look at them and shook his head yes and walked away.

Davidos looked at Kilroy "You can't do that, if the guards come we will be taken away and jailed. Well come on lets head back I have nothing left to offer for trade." As he turned and started to walk to the GM=L+S.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday September 27, 2013 9:42 PM

RE: Blackstone

As the gnome began to walk away, the wind picked up and a loud clatter occurred. Prendergast began yelling and scurried after his tent that was blowing across the market and dragging many of the man's wares with it. Kilroy watched on, amused, as he pocketed the steel tie downs that had originally kept the tent in place.

"Look, Mr. Gnomeflinger!" the gremlin called out, gesturing towards where the man was before running off after his shop. There, in his wake, were the two coins that the gnome had used as payment for Kilroy's transgressions.

Another Man's Treasure


Deordic noticed the goblin was heading north of the city. He had noticed that many of citizens of Blackstone avoided that area. He wasn't entirely sure why but they were cautious of being noticed when they were was any proximity. "Mal'rash," the satyr called out, "why is everyone afraid of this area?"

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Friday, September 27, 2013 9:43 PM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Wednesday October 16, 2013 2:35 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Davidos turns to look at Kilroy then looked down at the 2 coins on the ground. "Grab them quick before someone else sees them and picks them up!!" Davidos Exclaims in a low voice. "People around here are vultures."

"Now let's get outta here before he comes looking for the money." Davidos turns and starts to walk away looking back and signaling for Kilroy to follow.


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Monday February 3, 2014 3:56 AM

RE: Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


"Not afraid." Mal'rash replied. "They just don't know about the outside world."

Mal'rash continued on until he reached a wide open area.

The meadow before Mal'rash, was a glorious expanse of the brightest and most verdant green. The long grass, rough and shaggy like uncombed hair rustle in the breeze. In the distance on either side, the grass disappears to make room for gigantic trees that line the horizon like foot soldiers ready for battle.

The sky holds the sun, radiant, the rays tumbling down on strands of grass, which gleamed with remains of the morning dew.

Wisps of white clouds, so thin they appear to be traces of powdered sugar on a blue counter top stand unmoving.

[Edited by jojo on Monday, February 3, 2014 3:57 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Monday March 3, 2014 8:08 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Walking ahead the winds start to pick up throwing lots of dust in the air. It is getting increasingly harder to see and the towns people are starting to close up shop. Davidos turns to look for Kilroy only to see a cloud of dust.

"Kilroy! Kilroy!" Davidos yells out. "Killroy where are you."

The wind is picking up and Davidos sees a tent next to him. It looks empty he goes in and starts to close it up to wait out the winds when he turns to look and sees Kilroy in the distance almost out of sight.

Screams out as loud as he can. "Killroy, over here come Quick!"


 
Listing 51 to 73 of 73 Replies
Page of 2    OOC/RECR PAGE: (1 pg.)