Free Form RP Forums: General Roleplaying
Moderated by Kalia_Majere, Lunitari0

[ARCHIVES] [YOUR FFRP SETTINGS] [LIST FFRP FORUMS] [LIST GAME TOPICS]

Blackstone
Game ID: 300389
Posted By: Benn-Salian on Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:09 PM

Listing 1 to 50 of 73 Replies
Page of 2    OOC/RECR PAGE: (1 pg.)
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:09 PM

Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


Deordic found himself in a wretched tavern. The fellow at the door had called it The Pearl. Deordic wasn't convinced that he'd say the same himself. The place looked like a brothel with all the various curtains hung across the various arches.

The satyr found a seat at one of the booths and prepared to wait. He didn't know the person he was looking for but everyone in Blackstone told him that this goblin had everything you could be looking for.

The satyr watched the room. Plenty of humans but no goblins. Deordic hated cities, especially ones like Blackstone. Too many people in the same place. Each person seemed to lose something about themselves when they were so close to one another.

Deordic vowed to wait only a few moments more to see if this Mal'rash would pass through, as so many citizens had suggested he would. Any longer than that and he'd need fresh air. It stunk in here.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:41 AM]


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:12 PM

RE: Blackstone

The bed squeaked a few more times and then came to rest. Mal'rash let out a few more long breaths to steady himself. He climbed off the whore that he had been pleasuring, and pulled on his pants and shirt.

The whore got up and buttoned her blouse. As she was busy, Mal'rash pocketed the soaked panties.

"Did you see where my panties got to?"

Mal'rash shrugged off the question and continued dressing.

The woman seemed unconcerned and pulled on her skirt, then threw open the curtain that separated the small room from the main room. Mal'rash all the while kept his eyes fixed on her supple assets. Before even two steps had been taken out of the room by the woman, Mal'rash reached out and slapped her ass. She let out a giggle and continued on her way.

Mal'rash walked past a table and slid a bottle of liquor into his messenger bag before anyone noticed. He continued on without hesitation to the bar and took a seat.

[Edited by jojo on Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:53 AM]

[Edited by jojo on Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:54 AM]


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:12 PM

RE: Blackstone

The goblin was observed to exit one of the Pearl's curtained rooms. Deordic was relieved that his business in the city may soon be finished.

Deordic rose from the booth he sat at. He checked his pockets and was happy to have everything. He could never be too safe with so many slum folk afoot.

The satyr made his way to the bar, adjacent to the goblin who seemed to be eyeing a ring on the barkeep's pinky finger. "Excuse me," Deordic interjected, hoping to catch the goblin's attention, "I hear things of value often come your way. You haven't seen anything come through town, that is, um exotic, have you?"


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:13 PM

RE: Blackstone

The Goblin turned quickly to face the satyr. Without skipping a beat Mal'rash replied, "All things are of value to me. These things come my way often."

To accentuate his point, Mal'rash flashed his hand out while still eying the satyr, and slipped the ring right off the barkeep's finger and into his pocket in one fluid motion.

"As for the exotic nature of a thing, you'd have to be more clear."


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:13 PM

RE: Blackstone

"If you think ivory or saffron is exotic, then you'd be wrong," Deordic replied, studying the goblin response. "What I'm looking for is practically one of a kind and you'd know what I meant."

The satyr continued to examine Mal'rash. If he'd come across his quandary, Deordic should be able to see some sign.


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:13 PM

RE: Blackstone

"I see your only interested in the exceptionally rare. Perhaps you should follow me."

A smile crossed the face of Mal'rash as he stood up and proceeded to the entrance of The Pearl. He knew that the next thing the satyr would witness would blow his mind.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:14 PM

RE: Blackstone

The goblin came off as arrogant and boisterous. Which seemed completely unremarkable for a city dweller.

Unfortunately, that did not mean anything when it came to what the goblin did or did not have. He followed Mal'rash out of the bar.


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:14 PM

RE: Blackstone

After leaving the bar, Mal'rash walked a few blocks down the street and turned down an alley. At the end of the alley, he made yet another turn down a street, this one more deserted than the last.

Finally Mal'rash stopped in front of a large building with huge double doors that looked like they hadn't been used in ages. One of these giant doors housed a smaller single door, with an old sign that read "Fenton's Train Repair".


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:14 PM

RE: Blackstone

Deordic stood in front of the large building. He could smell the rust and decay more here than anywhere in Blackstone so far. How could anyone live in a place like this?

Deordic took a moment to study Mal'rash. Could this goblin have what he needed to retrieve it was he merely bluffing and wasting his time? "Show me what you brought me to see," the satyr demanded, "If it's not what I'm looking for, I'll need to go elsewhere. Who knows where those poachers could have gone to by now?"


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:15 PM

RE: Blackstone

Mal'rash pulled out a large ring of keys and thumbed through them until he found the one he needed, he slid the key into the lock and gave it a quick twist. He swung the door open and stepped inside.

Crates made of brass, with iron straps and intricate scroll detailing carefully lined shelves with as far as the eye could see. Statues large and small dotted the rows.

Mal'rash turned to the satyr with his arms crossed, "Feel free to look for your exotic item".

Mal'rash felt a bit of pride as the satyr's face changed to a look of awe at the daunting task. "Perhaps he should have been a bit more specific with his description", he mused to himself.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:15 PM

RE: Blackstone

"I don't have time for this!" Deordic yelled, "the unicorn was slain almost six nights ago. If you had what I was looking for, you wouldn't just put in a store room!"

The satyr turned and stormed out of the building. He could be heard mumbling about murderers and thieves and people who wasted his time as he left.


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:16 PM

RE: Blackstone

Mal'rash decided that Deordic may be right. He walked out of the warehouse and headed back to The Pearl.

The goblin entered the establishment and took a seat at the bar.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:16 PM

RE: Blackstone

When Deordic left the Fenton train repair building he made way to the Lenna Theatre. It was a building that he had passed on the way into Blackstone and it looked like it could hold a few dozen citizens at any given time.

Deordic's better nature felt anxious about that number of slumfolken, but he needed someone with information, and he may just have burnt a bridge with that goblin. He didn't know anything, the satyr reminded himself. He hoped that was true. It was bad enough that the unicorn was dead, worse that his horn was taken.

He opened the doors to the Lenna building and looked into the room with its floor that sloped down. Its chairs that were empty. Its stage that was cluttered. "Hello?" the satyr called out, his voice amplified by the acoustics , "Is there anyone here?"


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:16 PM

RE: Blackstone

When Deordic investigated, he discovered an old man holding perfectly still. Apparently the old man hoped no one would see him. The satyr had a keen ability to see in the dim light so the effort was futile.

Deordic began to speak to the old man, hoping that there was anyone else who knew anything about what happened in Blackstone. The old man interrupted the satyr when he began to panic. "Don't tell the goblin that I'm squatting," he pleaded, "I'll have the money for rent as soon as that scumbag, Decker pays me."

The goblin again! There was no way around it, the satyr would have to return to the Pearl to see Mal'rash. Hopefully he was there again


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:18 PM

RE: Blackstone

Mal'rash decided to go about his life dispite the satyr and his rantings. The goblin hoped that he would never see that irritant again, "The nerve of him saying I was wasting his time. I have very important matters to attend to," he said as he waved over two girls who weren't engaged with other patrons, "Yes come to me ladies."

When the girls arrived at Mal'rash's side, he got straight to work asking about any information they may have. All the while keeping his hands firmly planted on the two girls supple bottoms.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Tuesday May 22, 2012 8:35 PM

RE: Blackstone

Deordic arrived back at The Pearl.

On the walk over he had revisited his reasoning for being in Blackstone. It was his solemn duty to protect the unicorn and barring that, to protect the power of the unicorn horn from falling into the wrong hands. When the satyr contemplated his tactics since arriving in the city, he had to admit that he had accomplished nothing. He hated being in this city and would be happier far removed from it. But the unicorn was here or at least had been. And the goblin, Mal'rash, was the most likely person to have information about it.

Deordic opened the door to the bar, letting the afternoon light creep into the otherwise desolate area. The goblin was observed at the bar, occupied with current company. The satyr let out a quiet sigh before allowing the door to slam behind him.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:36 PM]


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday October 28, 2012 6:49 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Kilroy Halifax had wondered off from the train yard. Typically, that would have made the gremlin anxious as there was a lot of work to do at the train yard. Those freight cars weren't going to dismantle themselves. But this was different, the gremlin had felt a type of urgency when he first heard the sounds of mechanical tinkering. It was a gremlin's birthright and duty to bring entropy and bring things back to a state of disorder.

That's why Kilroy was here. The mailbox read Davidos Gnomeflinger. The name didn't seem familiar to Kilroy but he wasn't much social in Blackstone. The gremlin peered into a window, curious to what he would see. His mind pictured cuckoo clocks and a printing press. Such possible wonderful inventions that he deconstruct.

What he actually saw was mounds of spare parts interlayed with half eaten meals. Shredded blueprints also littered the room. Kilroy was crestfallen. It seemed that he was not needed here. There was no further disorder he could enact. He turned about and began his return back to train yard when he saw the thing that would change his life.

A HAB+H sat behind Mr. Gnomeflinger's estate. The aircraft looked positively perfect with its balloon mounted propellers. Kilroy took a special interest in aviation, given its scarcity. The gremlin quickly got under the body of the HAB+H and began looking where to begin. He soon found what he was looking for. A canister was mounted toward the back of the ship. Kilroy grinned before he bit into the thin metal.

A loud BOOM caused some surprise to the gremlin. He had not expected such a quick effect. He quickly scurried out from under the airship and then to a nearby bush. He got himself comfortable. He expected someone to come and investigate. Hopefully it would be Mr. Gnomeflinger and he'd attempt to take his HAB+H up into the air and the resulting crash will finish Kilroy's work.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:43 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Tuesday October 30, 2012 8:55 PM

RE: Blackstone

As Davidos walked out following the loud sound he had just heard his eyes scanning his surroundings. He checks over his prized invention the HAB+H he mutters to himself "Everything seems to be in order." But he was in a rush because the time was now 3:30pm and he was due to take a tour group up at 4:00. Just then off in the distance he heard voices talking to one another and thought to himself "must be the tour group. Better go start the tour." As he walked to the forming group of people in the front of his house.
The group was small out-of-town folk that came to see the birth place of someone famous. Davidos picked up on this immediately finding himself struggling with the thoughts of charging the wrong price to make extra money.
Davidos calls the tour group back to the craft. "The tour is about to begin." He announces aloud "Please step inside and make yourself comfortable." As everyone climbs aboard davidos unties the anchor lines holding the ship to the ground. He then steps up onto the ship at that moment he hears a noise in the distance that diverts his attention.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Thursday November 8, 2012 8:28 PM

RE: Blackstone

The waiting was driving Kilroy insane. The waiting always did. Thoughts went through his head. "If this doesn't work, you're going to die." "If you want to live, you need to destroy something to create more entropy." "Do it now! Do it now! Do it now!"

Mr. Gnomeflinger took the many out-of-towners into the HAB+H but was too busy playing with anchors and start up procedures. Kilroy intervened once more. He adjusted some of the mechanics in the tail end of the HAB+H and hoped it would cause an explosion.

Click. Click. The small sounds of impending destruction eased the gremlin's anxiety as he snuck back to the bushes once more. Kilroy awaited again for the entropy to come. Crash! Kilroy watched as the tail of the HAB+H fell to the ground and ceased whirling.

Kilroy cursed to himself. "Was that it?" he thought to himself.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Friday, November 16, 2012 8:42 PM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Sunday November 11, 2012 4:21 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos watched the tail end fall to the ground. After muttering an assortment of choice words that should not be said as a tour guide he then turns to the people "Everybody off, we are experiencing some technical difficulties."

As everyone exits the now unusable HAB+H Davidos stands there shaking his head thinking to himself "everything was fine on it earlier what could have been the problem to cause this to happen? Ill worry about this later right now I need to go give the people their money back."

As he walks off towards the front of his House/Shop to reimburse the tourists a loud explosion diverts everyone's attention to the HAB+H. The entire tail end engulfed in a vast ball of flames.

Davidos and the crowd take a few steps back as to prepare for anything else that may happen. "Glad we all got out and none of us were near that when it happened" Said a voice from the crowd. "If someone were near that they could get hurt badly" still another voice proclaims. "Curious" Davidos thinks to himself.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday November 16, 2012 8:41 PM

RE: Blackstone

When the tail of the HAB+H caught fire, Kilroy grinned ear to ear. Fire was promising. Fire's very nature was to cause entropy, to bring disorder to matter and information. That's what his gremlin thoughts wanted. Kilroy contemplated a moment on how to best capitalize on this event before the window of time passed.

Kilroy observed the portly gnome, Mr. Gnomeflinger, as he spoke with the out-of-towners. They seemed concerned and upset. The gnome appeared to be looking for his coin purse, possibly to reimburse these lost customers. A wicked idea occurred to Kilroy. He took out his sheep's bladder and filled it with fuel. The gremlin took a second to focus, he only had one chance at this.

He compressed the bladder and angled the nozzle first at the edge of the blaze and then led the flames to where the gnome stood, still bumbling with the gold in his coin purse. Kilroy had just enough fuel to cross the distance between gnome and machination and to douse the leather purse in fuel. The scene instantly ignited. The gremlin was elated. He watched with fascination, understanding something of the awe a pyromaniac must feel.

His thoughts quieted and that was best part of it. Hopefully they would be appeased for a while this time before they returned. They always returned.

For now, Kilroy Halifax watched on, curious how Mr. Gnomeflinger would react. Did he value more his life or would he seek to reclaim the money that he owed the out-of-towners, who were completely horrified.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Friday November 23, 2012 12:42 AM

RE: Blackstone

The gnome stood there with a steadily rising warming sensation creeping up his back. As the black smoke swirls around Davidos he turns to look at the source. "I'm on fire "he screams as he starts to run frantically around the area beside his house/workshop.

All the out-of-towners got scared seeing the gnome running around immersed in flames that they started to scream and ran away before taking back their money.

Davidos needed to put out the flames. He tried a bucket of water that had been sitting next to his house. "Splash" nothing happened the flames were still building up his back. Then he tried rolling on the ground but still did not put out the fire. Then the screaming and running stopped. Davidos had a calmness suddenly come over him as he realized that the fire was only on his coat. He then took off his coat and dropped it on the ground as it burned.

He now looked around the grassed filled area surrounding his house and the area surrounding the HAB+H. Everything was still on fire from the initial explosion and the events thereafter. Davidos ran back to his house to grab something. He came back with a contraption of his own creation with the intent to extinguish the blaze. The invention starts up with clanking and whirling noises. A couple loud bangs and a jet of water comes out about the size of a coffee stirring straw.

The fire was out of control by this point and spreading wildly. And off in the distance could be heard the sounds of the Rattle Watch signaling the building fire. People started coming from everywhere with buckets to help with the efforts to put out the fire. A growing crowd of people starts to form as bucket after bucket of water is thrown on the fire. As the flames are extinguished the bucket brigade moves along the edge line of the fire near the lining bushes as to cover the entire area. Moving closer to the gremlin hiding in the shrubbery.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday November 23, 2012 2:03 AM

RE: Blackstone

A foot from some random Blackstone citizen stepped on Kilroy's toes. It hurt the gremlin something fierce. He jumped out immediately from the bush and swore some gremlin oaths. "You dirty munchkin fucker! What the heck is your problem?"

The townsman just stared at him, surprised that there was someone there at all and completely unaware of what was said, seeing as it was said fast and in a gremlin accent. Kilroy then began to panic. He had unintentionally exposed himself. The townsman took a moment to consider what was going on and then he spoke to the gremlin. "Stop screwing off, help with the buckets." He then thrust an empty pail into the gremlin's hands and walked off.

Kilroy breathed out in relief. That could have gone alot worse he thought to himself. He took the pail over to the HAB+H and filled it up with fuel like he had with his bladder. He walked over to Mr. Gnomeflinger who was still trying to put out the flames with a weak stream of water from his device. "Hello, how's everything coming along?" he said to the gnome who seemed too busy to reply at the moment. He then dumped the pail of fuel onto the gnome's jacket, which instantly went up in more flames. "Funny thing, that."


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Friday November 23, 2012 11:13 AM

RE: Blackstone

The fire went up in a big, bright, hot, ball of flames. So bright that Davidos had to bring his arm up in front of his face to shield his eyes witch diverted his attention from the cause of the flames. "Hurry, Hurry get some water!!!!" exclaimed the gnome. "We need to put out this fire, there is a new type of battery I've been working on that will combust in heat." As he says this aloud to the gremlin and the townsmen that were gathered near by Davidos pointed to a pocket on his coat in the middle of the flames.

The object in his pocket was about the size of a pipe in diameter and about a foot in length. Made out of glass and on the ends were corks with a copper caps on the ends. In the center were glowing blue arch's swirling around.

The copper end cap of the object was starting to get a slight red glow form the heat now. Davidos was still trying to keep the flames away from it with little success. As the towns men were handing buckets of water up the line. One person to another forming two lines. One line to give the buckets and one line to return the buckets. As the line formed it was the gremlin who was leading it and the townsmen was handing him the bucket of water to throw on the fire.

[Edited by kid_14701 on Friday, November 23, 2012 11:17 AM]


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Saturday November 24, 2012 10:58 PM

RE: Blackstone

The townsfolk handed Kilroy buckets of water and the gremlin always splashed them two feet in front of him, the only area not currently on fire. How he ended up in charge of the relief efforts eluded him but he took advantage of the situation and sabotaged it at every step.

This continued on for a time until the noisemakers that gave the Rattle Watch their names quieted down. That was a sign that the danger was over. Kilroy looked around and saw that the fire had died out, but not before it scorched everything in the area.

The gremlin also noticed that the gnome's battery was ruined, its metal caps melted.

The townsfolk soon left with the Rattle Watch, likely back to the homes. Kilroy found the gnome, Mr. Gnomeflinger.

"May I ask how this all happened in the first place?" the gremlin did his best at concealing a smirk.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Sunday November 25, 2012 1:11 AM

RE: Blackstone

"I don't know how any of this happened. Everything was all fine earlier" Said the gnome dropping to his knees on the still soaked and charred ground. "All my work is gone. All that time wasted with nothing to show. How am I going to explain this?" He muttered with a tear rolling down his cheek.

Davidos picked up the remains of his half-finished and melted invention. It was still a little warm to the touch but cool enough to handle with bare hands. Looking at it with a blank expression on his face he rose to his feet. He raises his arm holding the object and hurls the object into the air. The mangled invention flies across the yard and lands in a barrel sitting next to the house labeled "scrap".

Davidos turns to the gremlin "Well I'm off for more supplies. I thank you for all your help." He exclaims and slowly turns to walk away.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday November 25, 2012 6:55 AM

RE: Blackstone

When the gnome began to walk off, Kilroy jumped a few steps ahead of him. "Excuse me, Mr. Gnomeflinger," the gremlin began, "but if I may, my name is Kilroy Halifax. I'm new in town and I'm looking for work. Do you, by any chance, have need for an assistant?"

He watched the gnome's reaction carefully, he did not know how this would turn out.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Sunday November 25, 2012 7:49 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos abruptly stopped as to not trample the gremlin. He looked at Kilroy with a puzzling look on his face as if he were judging him. Brought his hand up and stroked his long thin beard. "Hmmm" said aloud with unsureness in his voice.

"I believe there is something here I can have you do. Come on in and we will talk about it over a drink." He said to Kilroy as he started towards the door to his house. "And don't mid the mess!"


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday November 25, 2012 7:59 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy was almost flabbergasted at this good fortune. Imagine what good he could do for his cause if he was on the inside. All he need do was hold it together a short time longer to keep the gnome unawares of his true motives.

"Create more chaos, you must. Destroy the order before it destroys you!" the intruding thoughts came back. The gremlin shook them out of his head. "Absolutely. After you, of course," hr said to the gnome and followed him.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Sunday November 25, 2012 10:09 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos opened the door to his house and walked in weaving around piles of discarded and half-finished gadgets lying on the floor. From the look of things it was like a small scrap recycling place. The gnome runs ahead and there is a loud crashing noise. "Don't worry just clearing a spot off on the table. I rarely have guests here just normally costumers needing to buy or fix something."

The table was big enough to fit six but he had only cleared off enough room for two. "Sit, sit, sit!" exclaimed the gnome as he started to walk away. "Would you like tea, coffee, beer, or water?" he asked in a cheerfully tone.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday November 25, 2012 10:21 AM

RE: Blackstone

Water. Even the word upset Kilroy. "No! Not water," he blurted out, "I mean, anything else you have will be fine."

The gremln walked over to the spot the gnome had cleared. He was required to meander back and forth through some of the failed inventions and discarded pieces laying about. He took the opportunity to step on and break a few of these things, mostly ones containing glass.

Kilroy sat at the table and waited for Mr. Gnomeflinger.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Sunday November 25, 2012 11:25 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos came back in the room holding two big mugs filled to the brim with beer. He places the glasses on the table and looked the gremlin. "So, are you good at straitening up and organizing things? As you can tell I'm not the best at it." As he said with a shamefulness in his voice.

He picks up his beer and takes a big gulp out of it and says "The pays not to good, sometimes it rather sucks. But I can offer you a room rent free if you need it."


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Sunday November 25, 2012 11:34 AM

RE: Blackstone

"Yes, I can do that," Kilroy lied. He drank deep the beer, anything to avoid giving up the farce.

The gremlin looked around the shop. It would be difficult to find anything in particular in the place. "What would you say is your most spectacular invention?" he asked the gnome.

Before an answer could be given, the entire table, where sat gnome and gremlin, came crashing to the ground in three distinct pieces. Kilroy put on a look of surprised and with sleight of hand, pocketed the carriage bolts he had removed unconsciously.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Monday November 26, 2012 2:29 AM

RE: Blackstone

"WHAT THEā€¦" The gnome exclaimed as he slid his chair back surprisingly at the fall of the table. "Why is everything happening to me today?" While looking to the ceiling as if to talk to someone who isn't there.

"Well I apologize for everything today, Kilroy is it? But normally its quiet here." He said.

"My most spectacular invention used to be my HAB+H outside. But now that's in rubbles. It would take a lot of work to fix that. But I am working on something that could change the world. I'll show you follow me." He calls Kilroy while getting up to walk out of the room.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Monday November 26, 2012 3:31 AM

RE: Blackstone

"Change the world? That sounds important," the gremlin acknowledged.

He eagerly followed Mr. Gnomeflinger. Find out what it is and DESTROY it! The thoughts in his head began again. Do it or you'll die! Kilroy knew he wouldn't die. He never did. The thoughts on his head were in his own voice and knew no more than he did. They were terribly unbearable to live with and he'd do what he needed to make them go away. Maybe he'd dismantle the device Mr. Gnomeflinger was about to show him, but first he needed to know what it was.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Monday November 26, 2012 11:35 PM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos walked through a door at the edge of the room. The door opened up into a large garage. It was surprisingly clean and organized compared to the rest of the house. Just a little dusty like no one has set foot in there in years. Everything thing in here was hung neatly on the wall and put in its place. And in the middle of the room was a big object covered over with a canvas.

Davidos turns to a crank on the wall next to the door. He begins to turn it struggling at first but getting easier the more it moves. The crank controls several ropes strung across the ceiling and at the other end attached to the center and four corners of the canvas.

"This is my prized work, but it is not done yet. It's called the Gnome Mover on Land and Sea or GM=L+S for short. " He said with a look of pride in his eyes as he looks at the gremlin waiting for a reaction.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday November 30, 2012 7:42 PM

RE: Blackstone

The canvas lifted away from the GM=L+S. Kilroy looked at what he thought was the portside and then ran over to what would then be the starboard side. The gremlin touched the mechanism, it was very cold to the touch. It likely had not run in some time. Though it shared some concept in common with the HAB+H, he had not seen anything else like it before. "Excuse me, Mr. Gnomeflinger," the gremlin said as he walked back to the gnome, "but what am I looking at?"


 
jojo


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 28


Member Since:
March 2009


Sunday December 2, 2012 5:04 AM

RE: Blackstone

Another Man's Treasure


Mal'rash looked to the slamming door. He felt a slight amusement knowing that he was the reason the Deordic had returned.

"What may we do for you on this fine day?" Mal'rash called as he slipped off his seat.

[Edited by jojo on Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:04 AM]

[Edited by jojo on Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:54 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Wednesday December 5, 2012 5:54 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Davidos looks at Kilroy and says "you're looking at the future. People will no longer have to tire themselves out when going great distances. It can also move lots of heavy things with ease. It also can travel across water."

The GM=L+S looks to be a flat surface held up by two steel cylinders with an enclosed structure built in the center of the deck on the starboard side of the ship towards the stern end. Towards the bow end on the port side, sits the mast with one triangle shaped sail that includes a crow's nest at the top. The mast can be folded down the length of the vessel. All of this sits on three wheels so as to travel across land.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Wednesday December 5, 2012 8:32 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy hopped up on the deck of the GM=L+S and sat near the bow in the front. "Can we take it for a spin?" the gremlin begged in earnest, "I never rode in a... what did you call it... a Gimels?"

The gremlin subconsciously picked at some of nails holding the deck down. He was glad he wasn't close enough to the mast or anything else that was important. He was honest when he said he wanted a ride. This was a once in a lifetime experience!

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:36 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Wednesday December 5, 2012 8:03 PM

RE: Blackstone

"I guess a ride wouldn't hurt. We can kill two birds with one stone. I need supplies to fix my HAB+H and the battery that went up in the fire." The gnome stated as he climbed aboard. He turns to look at Kilroy "But I will need your help." Davidos said with a grin on his face as he turns and walks towards the structures on-deck.

He makes his way to the top, pulls a lever and the roof of the smaller stacked building folds down to expose what looks like a mini control room. Davidos then reaches for a line of rope above his head and gives it a hard tug. Just then it seems as if a whole wall begins to move. Light shines in through the ever growing crack in the center of the wall shining right at Davidos as he has a confident look of pride on his face.

Just then the gnome calls out "Kilroy, would you come here?"


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Thursday December 6, 2012 7:57 AM

RE: Blackstone

"Yes sir, Mr. Gnomeflinger," Kilroy agreed to the old gnome's request.

The gremlin watched on wall opened up and fell away, revealing the light from outside. This was a device that was designed to break apart. He fancied that it truly had been taken apart and it helped ease the intruding thoughts in his head.

"Where are we going?" he asked, "some sort of gnome engineer surplus store that only gnomes know about?" Kilroy knew that idea was preposterous but a gremlin can dream.


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Thursday December 6, 2012 9:46 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos looks at Kilroy with a half smirk on his face as he reaches for a small lever on the control panel. He pulls the lever and off to one side of the control room the floor, two doors drop down. Just then what looks like an exercise bike rises up out of the floor. A chain attached to the pedals goes right into the floor.

"Get on and start pedaling, we don't have any wind power till we get outside and put the sail up." The gnome exclaimed as he looks to Kilroy.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Thursday December 6, 2012 10:13 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy looked at the exercise bike and then at the old gnome. It took a while before the gremlin could figure out what the gnome wanted exactly. The idea of riding out in the GM=L+S, or the Gimels as Kilroy thought of it, was still motivating but he was unsure about becoming its sole power source.

Placing his feet on the pedals, Kilroy began spinning his feet. He continued this action as best he could until he heard a metallic pop and then rattling. He looked down and discovered that the pedals had unscrewed themselves and the chain had wrapped itself around various other components and endangered further destruction. Yes! Yes! Keep going, deconstruct the mobile and save your life. Kilroy shook his head and pushed the intruding thoughts away. He thought the GM=L+S truly wonderful and he wanted to enjoy it a while longer.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gnomeflinger," he called while gesturing to the mishap.

Another Man's Treasure


Deordic looked at the goblin, Mal'rash. To the satyr, he appeared smug. The last thing he wanted to do was ask for his help, but that was exactly what he had come to The Pearl to do.

"I need to speak to you," he began, working very hard to be as humble as possible and succeeding only slightly, "but can we do that it private?"

A quick look around at the establishment and its many curtained off alcoves made the satyr add, "somewhere not meant for patrons. I think I know what transpires there."


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Thursday December 6, 2012 11:09 AM

RE: Blackstone

A Better Mousetrap


Davidos looks down following the course of the chain around the gears. He stairs for a minute, turns and walks to a small box in the other corner of the room. Comes back to Kilroy still on the bike "wait here I'll be right back." He then disappears down below deck.

A few seconds pass then there were a couple of loud bangs. The bike began to shake and rock violently. Then suddenly it stopped and Davidos yelled "Ok, try it now."


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Friday December 7, 2012 5:52 AM

RE: Blackstone

Kilroy looked down at the pedals but nothing else. While he was very interested in riding the GM=L+S, he was not motivated enough to kinetically jump start it. "Just a minute," he yelled down to the gnomish engineer.

The gremlin reached down and pinched one of the links on the chain until it broke under stress. For good measure, he also bit one of the handle bars off. "I'm sorry, Mr. Gnomeflinger. I don't think the Gimels is going to work this way. Can't we just raise the mast to catch some wind?"


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Saturday December 8, 2012 6:45 AM

RE: Blackstone

"The mast won't go up in here the ceiling is too low." Sighs Davidos scratching his head wondering why the GM=L+S broke down. "I just don't get what has happened, it used to work just fine. But there is still a way." He exclaimed as he ran out on deck and off on to the floor of the garage.

Davidos makes his way over to the wall. Grabs what looks to be an oddly shaped wooden block attached to the end of a long rope and starts to make his way back to the GM=L+S. He stops on the port side of the ship and hells to the gremlin "Kilroy, can you come down here I could use your help."


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Monday December 10, 2012 6:33 AM

RE: Blackstone

"What does he want now?" Kilroy thought to himself irratablely. An introducing thought also came. "Kill him! Bring entropy to his life force." The gremlin quickly dismissed that as absurd. He had no intention of hurting Mr. Gnomeflinger, he was only being impatient.

"What do you need, Mr. Gnomeflinger?" he called as he hopped off the vehicle and made his way to the portside. "What do we need to make this Gimels operational?"

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Monday, December 10, 2012 6:35 AM]


 
kid_14701


Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 27


Member Since:
October 2012


Monday December 10, 2012 7:01 AM

RE: Blackstone

Davidos places the wooden block under the front wheel and stretches the rope out to the port side of the bow. "In short of pushing the GM=L+H out this is the only other way I got to get it outside. I need you to take this rope and hold it till I tell you to pull." The gnome reaches his arm out towards Kilroy with rope in hand as to give it to the gremlin.


 
Benn-Salian


Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,952


Member Since:
December 2002


Monday December 10, 2012 10:25 AM

RE: Blackstone

The gremlin took the offered rope and held it gingerly. "So... your best idea is for me to pull so you don't have to push?" the gremlin asked the gnome. Kilroy didn't hear any response so he figured that Mr. Gnomeflinger hadn't heard him.

Kilroy decided that he would hold the rope but he was not about to pull it when asked. He figured that the gnome had some other idea in mind, perhaps even pushing as he thought Kilroy pulled. Let the gnome take out his own Gimels, it's not like he was the boss of Kilroy. For a moment, he remembered that he was, in fact, Mr. Gnomeflinger's assistant but he quickly pushed that away from his mind.

Instead, he simply waited for Mr. Gnomeflinger's call to pull which he would respond by doing no such thing.

[Edited by Benn-Salian on Monday, December 10, 2012 10:28 AM]


 
Listing 1 to 50 of 73 Replies
Page of 2    OOC/RECR PAGE: (1 pg.)