[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > Mercanary Expeditions

Glasswalker
06/04/2001 8:56 AM

Ok, I figured it's time for me to start my second story. Let's see how it goes...

The town is Palanthas...at dark. Various bulletin boards dot the streets, all with ads for "magic herbs, super remedies, yada yada yada..." On the bulletin board outside of the "Dragon's Scale Inn and Pub", there hangs an ad for hired mercanaries.

_________________________________________________________________________________


WANTED!


MERCANARIES OF ANY AND ALL SKILL LEVELS!

FOR WORK WITH THE BLADE BRIGADE-

NOW PAYING FOR THE SERVICES OF SWORD, SHEILD, AND MAGIC



HURRY, THESE POSITIONS FILL RATHER QUICKLY! INQUIRE AT THE BAR INSIDE!

ASK TO TALK TO "RAYNOR"

_________________________________________________________________________________~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Edited by Glasswalker on Monday, June 4, 2001 11:49 AM]

Mirror
06/04/2001 11:54 AM

Mirror stopped outside the Dragon Scale Inn and looked intently at the notice board. She was between adventures at the moment, and could do with a few steel pieces, having run extremly low form the expenses of her last adventure! She had been a mercenary for a time in her past, being as skilled a war mage as any other, aswell as having skills with bow and arrow and some skill with a short sword. She saw the advert for mercenaries and immeadeately went inside.
She strolled up to the bar and spoke to the barkeep. "Um, I'd like to speak to Raynor please, is that possible?"You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

Marshal_Medan
06/04/2001 1:41 PM

Sorry, no Raynor here, only Larkin. 5 salty goldfish in the Deans office, but if a grabby claw then close up market. Larkins swordfish stab the Snapple lady, but she yells "I bring in giant cow, we bash cow over head!"Me and you are caught up in the same flow...I'm just swimming against it.
- Delita to Ramza - Final Fantasy Tactics

Glasswalker
06/05/2001 8:55 AM

OOC: Gods, I'm sick of him!

The innkeep eyes Mirror suspiciously. Slowly, he glances at the stairway, then back to Mirror, staring heavily. He taps his finger on the table four times then glances back to the stairs, the unspoken message becoming clear.

"Their ain't no Raynor here. I'm sorry, he left months ago." He says loudly. Loudly enough for others to hear. He tosses a key to Mirror, and says "Head on up to your room. I'll send diner up in a minute."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirror
06/05/2001 11:43 AM

Mirror catches the key effotlessley and walks up to stairs. She starts at the first door and counts to the fourth one along, trying the key in the lock. It turns. She pushes open the door into a dark room, the only light coming from a candleabra in the corner, next to the window that looked out over a portion of the city of Palanthas. She coughed loudly, and waited for the person she knew was sitting there with her back towards her to acknowledge her presence.You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

Glasswalker
06/05/2001 11:54 AM

"Good evening."

The man turns around, and smiles. He has short brown hair and a fair complection. He has a bright smile and dark blue eyes. He is obviously a human.

"Close and lock the door. I trust that you told noone about this? Good. Now then. I assume that you are inquiring about mercanary services. We hire for 5 steel a day, plus a bonus for succesful completion. Does this sound reasonable?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirror
06/05/2001 11:40 PM

Mirror studied the man intently and thought about the offer. 5 steel was deffinately reasonable considering her current monetary supply was down to a few coppers. She spoke to him.
"That does sound reasonable, yes, but I don't take on a job until I know what it entails. Please give me the details, if you would."You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

Glasswalker
06/06/2001 10:16 AM

"The Blade Brigade is a hire out group, merchants and the like hire us out when they need assistance. Right now I need to send off a couple to protect a small merchant train from possible bandits. Real simple. Can you handle it?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kalia_Majere
06/06/2001 10:56 AM

Kista StarBlade stood just outside of the Inn that she saw her cousin walk into. She stopped for a moment reading the sign posted there. shrugging once, figuring that she had nothing better to do, she walked in.

using her mindspeak ability, she called out to mirror. /hey cousin, you didn't plan on leaving me out did you???/ Warrl stood beside her, all 80 pounds of muscle and sinew. The Grass cat turned his Violet eyes to the Barkeep for a moment before he proptly began to clean his claws.

"So whats the deal?"With love and free will to all....
Blessed Be! ;)

[Edited by Kalia_Majere on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 10:58 AM]

Mirror
06/06/2001 3:10 PM

Mirror, at the sound of her cousin's voice, giggled inside. /no, I didn't for a moment expest I could leave you out, even if I tried. Tell the barkeep your with me and come on up if you think you can handle the mercenary life!!!/

She looked directly at the stranger. "OK, I'll take the job. There is someone else on their way up who might be of use to you aswell, if you like." She studied him intently. "Now, what is your name?" she asked.You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

Kalia_Majere
06/06/2001 11:22 PM

Kista smiled then leaned against the bar.

"I'm with the other elf here...you know, silver hair, mirror eyes...kinda hard to miss..."

She smiled and fixed her lavender eyes on the barkeep steadily. Her Platinum blonde hair framed her heart-shaped face in loose waves. she wore a short-sleved green silk tunic, and doeskin, tan breeches. the long slender sword hung from her belt, and a jewled dagger peeked out over the top of her knee-length boots.

The pendant of souls (as she liked to call it) hung around her neck. The chain was made of links of twined silver and platinum, the gem in the center slowly shifted colors.



With love and free will to all....
Blessed Be! ;)

Glasswalker
06/08/2001 11:08 AM

"The name's Raynor. Jim Raynor. I hope that your friend is the only one coming up. Are you sure that they aren't being followed?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirror
06/08/2001 12:06 PM

"Positive," Mirror replied. "Nice to meet you Raynor," she added, offering a slender hand, "My name's Mirror."You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

thistledown
06/08/2001 2:04 PM


The name's Raynor. Jim Raynor.


(OOC: LOL! Brining a dragonrider to the forums is one thing, but a starship captain? Just kidding. I wonder if the characters will be similar...)A kender born and raised in Mt. Nevermind? And it didn't blow up the mountain?!?

Kalia_Majere
06/08/2001 6:58 PM

as the barkeep continued to look at her and Warrl stupidly, she shrugged and followed the sense of her cousin...upon meeting up with the door to the room that Mirror was in Kista stopped and knocked softly....

"Um-- Mirror...is it ok for me and Warrl to come in??"With love and free will to all....
Blessed Be! ;)

Mirror
06/09/2001 12:06 AM

Mirror turned to the door. "Yeah it's OK. Hang on a moment, I've just got to unlock the door." She used the key she had been given earlier and let her cousin and he grass cat inside. She quickly locked the door behind them.You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

Kalia_Majere
06/09/2001 3:53 PM

Kista walked inside, Warrl close to her. She looked around, her bright lavender eyes taking in everything.

"so cuz, whats the deal??"With love and free will to all....
Blessed Be! ;)

Mirror
06/10/2001 11:00 PM

"Well, Kista, I think I'll let Raynor explain everything to you, seen as I am still a little hazy on the details myself!" Mirror said to her cousin as she bent down and patted Warrl, who began to purr loudly at the attention.You are the Weakest Link......Goodbye! :D

dylar
06/11/2001 1:33 PM

Raynor? This guy IS nuts!"The light at the end of the tunnel may only lead to darkness, but also at the end of that tunnel there will be...ME!"

-ME-

Glasswalker
06/19/2001 7:57 PM

OOC: I needed a good name for a leader of Mercanaries....Jim Raynor is a stud anyway.

"Well, like I said, the Blade Brigade is a hire out company of mercanaries. Right now a merchant train needes trustworthy gaurds to protect them. Their last "guards" turned out to be hired by other people. They double crossed them and almost took everything they had. I need trustworthy people. Can I trust you, or do I need to call in my men in the next room and escort you out?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colthor
06/19/2001 9:56 PM

A young serving boy with a freckled face and curly red hair of about 16 trundles up the stairs carrying a tray with a little meat and bread. The food continued to slip around on the tray unheeded for the young man was not even thining about what was in his hands, his mind was in far away worlds where magic was everywhere, valiant warriors claimed the battlefield and dragons roamed the skies.

And so he did not notice that he wasn't knocking on the right door and he called out "Hello in there! I brought your food! Open please while its hot!"

RedSteel75
06/20/2001 3:46 AM

Bolo allowed himself to melt out of the shadows (OOC: He's a psionicist not a rogue so take that statement quite literally!) and spoke softly so as not to startle those prescent. The voice of this man was rich and soothing, a well practiced tone as he was a skilled hypnotist, "Not to interrupt, though that is exactly what I'm doing. But I couldn't help but overhear, I was after all three feet away." His voice dripped with cynycism and dry humor but not a hint of a smile cracked his face.
"I too would like the chance to wrok for a mercenary company as upstanding as yours, in fact-" The dark skinned man paused as though listening and pointed to the door. A moment later the servant boy knocked. " I agree with the boy let's eat while it's hot." Ignoring any reaction of the others present Bolo went to the door and grabbed the handle. Turning back he asked, "May I?"Arthur- Camelot!
Lancelot- Camelot!
Galamere- Camelot!
Squire- It's only a model...

Glasswalker
07/01/2001 9:56 PM

Jim, as though totally expecting Bolo, turns his head and examines the man.

"We ain't got much call for illusionists.........."

He nods towards the door.

"Someone let the poor boy in."

Turning back to Bolo, he squints weerily.

"How'd you get in anyway?"

OOC:Calm, cool, collected, but not the quickest in every situation....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RedSteel75
07/02/2001 5:11 PM

Bolo opened the door and ushered the boy in. A frown almost cracked his stone like expression. "Not an illusionist sir. I am a-" The words slipped from his mind. "This is not magic. This is a power entirely of myself. And I got in by slipping in underneath the door." Bolo pointed to the 1 inch crack as if it explained anything. Turning to Mirror he said, " Pleasure to meet you Mirror, I don't believe we've had the honor..."Arthur- Camelot!
Lancelot- Camelot!
Galamere- Camelot!
Patsy- It's only a model...

Kalia_Majere
07/02/2001 10:10 PM

Kista stared with interest at the newcomer, and Warrl purred. She watched as he introduced himself to her cousin.Everybody dies, but only a precious few truely LIVE....

Goddess Bless! ;)

Glasswalker
07/03/2001 3:55 PM

"You slid under the door..........right. Well, Let's get back to the matter at hand. Who wants to join the company?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kalia_Majere
07/03/2001 4:51 PM

Kista smiled and nodded once. "Count me in...its not like i have anything better to do..."Everybody dies, but only a precious few truely LIVE....

Goddess Bless! ;)

Colthor
07/03/2001 10:00 PM

"Uhmm...company?" The young man asked the group. "I must have come to the wrong door...but," he said hesitantly ,"I think I can be of use to you.
I can walk real quiet like when I need to and, well," he stammered a little trying to think of how to best phrase this ," I just want to leave this place and...see the world." Sighing in relief that he had gotten it all out the young man leaned back against the door hands in his pockets waiting for a response.

RedSteel75
07/05/2001 9:13 AM

Bolo closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, thinking. Opening his eyes he said, "Indeed, I'm in."Arthur- Camelot!
Lancelot- Camelot!
Galamere- Camelot!
Patsy- It's only a model...

Glasswalker
07/05/2001 7:13 PM

"Boy, how old are you? 15? 16? I'll hire the others, but you? What skills do you think you have that make you worthwhile? Don't get me wrong, I'll consider it, but what's it gonna cost us? Training? What?"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the forces of evil become lost on the way to your house
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RedSteel75
07/06/2001 7:26 PM

Bolo stared into the young one's eyes... through the kid's eyes. He let himself fall into the young man's mind. Neat, organized, but fresh. The kid was sharp, and a bit wise for his age. Bolo receded from the mind,

"Sir, if I may speak on the child's behalf, I must say that though he is a bit lacking in age and probably couldn't swing much of a sword, I would place my bets on his judgements. Sharp as drake's claw this one."

As he spoke, another part of Bolo's mind was busy making contact with the kid. Establishing a link Bolo spoke to the boy's mind

{ Speak up for yourself young one, make yourself seem like an offer he can't refuse. If you present yourself as a winner, he'll believe you }Arthur- Camelot!
Lancelot- Camelot!
Galamere- Camelot!
Patsy- It's only a model...

Colthor
07/07/2001 2:58 PM

"Hmmm...Ahem, yes I could be of use to you. Maybe not swing to well with a sword but I'm real quick and skilled with smaller weapons, like a dagger." Stopping he thought for a moment, then smiling he looked at the rest he said,"Besides not everything can be won through brute force. You might need someone with the skills of a thi-rogue."

Kalia_Majere
07/07/2001 9:37 PM

"well we seem to have quite the assortment here, a silver Mage, a Psi....whatever...a thi-rogue, and me...you have a very balanced group here...each of us can do what the other cannot...It may be best to keep us all in the same group." Kista smiled as she looked over the group, her Lavender eyes bright, and peircing.

"I mean, look at me and mirror here...She is a tower mage, the ability to draw upon all three moons. all magic save one kind lays at her fingertips...I can call upon that last magic, the magic of the earth and spirits themselves. from healing, to air, to light, I can call upon them all. now take this one here" she said pointing to the boy.

"I mean, where are you gonna find a better scout, besides Warrl here.. That boy and My Grass cat, could be the best scout or spy team you could ever find." she smiled, then turned to the the fourth, the PSI-whatever, and frowned at a sudden loss for words.

"and um...well...I mean..HE came from under the DOOR!!! what else do you need?!?!"Everybody dies, but only a precious few truely LIVE....

Goddess Bless! ;)

RedSteel75
07/08/2001 10:12 AM

Bolo raised his eyebrows and a hint of a smile broke his face, "Well captain, I think she has a point, but it's your ship. Do we set sail or walk... the plank?"Arthur- Camelot!
Lancelot- Camelot!
Galamere- Camelot!
Patsy- It's only a model...

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com