[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > Mission Improbable

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/03/2000 2:59 PM

As you are relaxing in a secluded table in the Inn of the last Home,a waitress comes up to you.
"Sir,would you want an amulet?It plays elvish music."
You accept the amulet and put it to your ear.
"Good morning agent.Your mission,should you choose to accept it, is to find the magical ruby of Canos in Palathalas.It is also being pursued by the thieves guild,the Palanthalas authorities,the knights of Solmania,and the Special Elite Spy Team of the dragonarmies, or SEST.You will have your pick of three operatives from those we send you,as usual.After that,your on your own.This amulet will self destuct in 10 seconds."
You set the amulet down and watch it sizzle.Vacations over,its time for Mission Improbable. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/05/2000 10:47 AM

The Thorn looks up from another table to see an amulet smoking on a table in front of a shadowed figure. So that was the agent he was supposed to report to, he thought. Well, maybe he'd finish his drink first.

TolkaninFaznin
10/10/2000 5:33 AM

Cai'de entered the tavern feeling vulnerable. That was probably due to the fact that taverns were usually filled with half-drunk men with roaming hands, but she was used to it. No, it was her mission that frightened her, not really the mission infront of her, but the agent heading it. Seeing smoke rise gently from a table near the back, she approached confidently.

Cai'de was a tall, lithe human female with cascading black hair that was now covered by her hooded cloak. She pulled it back as she reached the table and regarded the figure with ocean-blue eyes.

"Excuse me, kind sir, but is this seat taken by any chance?" She asks softly.

The_Thorn
10/10/2000 5:51 AM

The Thorn watches a female he's never met glide up to the informant. So, maybe this was another contact.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/10/2000 8:18 AM

((OOC:I had hoped someone else would be the agent,and I would be the guy who sends all sorts of amulets with information.Oh well,I guess I'll just send them to myself.))
Jandar ponders the new mission,and wonders who the Agency will send to help him.He is disturbed by the tall blue-eyed woman who asks to sit beside him.
He smiles,a charming smile,,a lion's smile,the smile of one who is powerful and knows it.
"No,this seat isn't taken."Before the woman seats herself,he takes out a pair of dice."Do you play with Improbabilties?If you do,do sit.If not,leave."

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/10/2000 8:20 AM

Cai'de smiles, and quietly seats herself. "What did you have in mind?" She asks.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/10/2000 8:29 AM

Jandar plays with the dice,not looking at the female agent."Capablties,skills and weaponry before I decide whether you are acceptble."



__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/10/2000 8:36 AM

"Capabilities and skills, eh?" Cai'de took off her necklace held her star-shaped pendent thoughtfully. "I can run, jump, hide . . .quick in mind and foot, sometimes even in toungue . . .weaponry?" She suddenly snapped her wrist and the pendent shot through the air, just barely skimming past Jandar's head and pinning the sleeve of a kender who was behind him at the time, the small hand still wrapped around Jandar's money pouch. "Weaponry is whatever I can find."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/10/2000 9:09 AM

"Indeed."Jandar returns his money pouch and throws the kender back to another table."Very well agent,you are accepted.Now,our mission is simple,to find the Ruby of Camos.The Agency wants it,and so do the Palantian guards,the Thieves Guild,the Knights of Solmania,and S.E.S.T. The only challenges will be S.E.S.T. and the thieves guild,of course.Now,we will wait for another agent and then be on our way."
__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/10/2000 9:38 AM

The Thorn has bidden his time and decide that he should interrupt their conversation. In the middle of Jandor's explanation, the mage walks over to the two sitting down and says, "I believe I may be of some help. It is highly IMPROBABLE" he emphasizes "that you will be able to complete your mission without me."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/10/2000 2:44 PM

"Ah,you don't say."Jandar welcomes at the newcomer.
Noticing the silver robes,he rises to shake The Thorn's hand."I am honoured that the Agency sent such a venreble agent such as yourself to the field with me,Thorn.I need no telling of your capablties."
"Now that we agents have met,please teleport us to Palantalas,Thorn.It will be easier then using the reserve charms I have."

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/12/2000 9:18 AM

With a nod to the leader of their little group, the Thorn says several arcane words and they appear in front of the old Library of Palanthas. The Thorn smiles at the queasy felling the other two have in their stomaches.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/13/2000 7:13 AM

Mastering the queasy feeling,Jandar nods."Thank you Thorn,exactly where we need to be.Wait here for a while,both of you."
With that, Jandar enters the Library.After a few minutes,he comes out again,holding a burning amulet in his hand.
"Come.Our covers are prospective members of the Thieves Guild, for their special group set to take the Ruby."






__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/13/2000 9:00 AM

Cai'de nods slowly, still a little dizzy and quesy from their teleportation.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/14/2000 4:53 PM

As they walk toward the slums of Palanthalas,Jandar briefs his agents.
"All right.I am Jandar half-elven to the thieves guild,an adventurer gone bad,and one who knows a little magic but not enough to be branded a renagade."Now he speaks to Cai'de."You are Co're, a barbarian from a distant land.You don't speack Common,and only I know your toungue.What we will speack is the Agency's Code,so don't worry."
"You,"he says to The Thorn."Are an unknown mage,a renegade from the silver mages who works for me for your own mysterious reasons."
As he fastens false pointed ears to his ears,he smiles at his team."Understood?" __________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/16/2000 5:11 AM

Co're cocked her head as if she didn't understand and grunted.

The_Thorn
10/17/2000 8:14 AM

The Thorn also nods, not saying anything.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/17/2000 5:07 PM

"Good.Pay no attention to trackers,we are now entering thieves guild teritorry."
Jandar walks nonchalantly to the door of what appears to be an extremly large wrecked boathouse and knocks."Jandar Half-Elven and group."A slit opens in the door."So what?"a voice says."Very well.'Thieves catch no fish'.Stasfied?"Jandar says acidly.
The door opens.A stick thin man stands at the doorway."Yes,very satasfied.Come with me to meet the people you'll be working with to find the Ruby."
Jandar smiles and motions to the unknown silver robe,and grunts some gibberish at Co're.They follow the man into the depths of the thieves guild,and there they meet the thieves who are thier 'team'.
((OOC:I'm just to tired right now to describe these people.You guys do it.))

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/19/2000 10:34 AM

The Thorn puruses the other "members" of their team. One is a short, heavyset balding male. He appears to be in his late thirties, and the Thorn wonders what he could contribute to their group. The second is a tall, thin female. Much of her appearance is shadowed by the cloak that she is wearing. The third is a dwarf. He is gruff looking, and appears to have been crawling through the sewers lately. The Thorn thought, I would definately not be talking to him soon.

TolkaninFaznin
10/19/2000 8:23 PM

Co're hears something behind her and almost turns her head out of habit. She covers it, though, which a quick glance to the dwarf behind her. She turns to their leader. "Ach hapiel mai?" She questions.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/20/2000 1:55 PM

"Orph toyu dni retil."Answers Jandar,and barely moves his eyebrow in a tiny wink.
"So,who are these people?"He asks the man who had led them here.
"'These people',as you call them,are some of the best thieves in our guild.Kor,"he says as the balding man nods,"Is one of our prime warriors.Do not think him middle aged,but experienced.Sneaker Axehead,though he may be stinky, is your guide and scout.He is also an 'undercover' operative of the Palanthalas guards,but he is really a double agent.Noma,the lady,"he bows,"Is the best sneak thief the guild has.She is also next in position to the guild leader.She is your leader of this expedition."
"Happy?You leave now."He bows out,and Noma takes charge."All right,we go to the abandened ruins of the Tower of Palanthalas,where the ruby is hidden.I hope you mages are good,becuase we will face great magical danger.Lets go."
Jandar 'translates' this in gibberesh to Co're,and they move.

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/22/2000 7:59 AM

"Ah, ha 'potal!" Co're laughs, giving Jandar a smack on the butt. She's enjoying this a little too much.

The_Thorn
10/24/2000 11:11 AM

The Thorn looks at Jandar, he did not want to have to use to much of his magic. If he cast to many spells, he could become weak and be an easy target for a theif looking to slip a dagger in his back. The Thorn pulls his hood up and over his head, so his face becomes cloaked in shadows.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/26/2000 1:58 PM

"Well,lets follow our 'esteemed companians'."says Jandar,grumpy as 'always'.
"Co're!Rotaer!"he adds,and glowers.


__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

The_Thorn
10/27/2000 12:02 PM

The Thorn follows Jandar outside.

The_Thorn
11/13/2000 9:59 AM

Noone had said anything for quite some time. The more the Thorn thought about it, the more it felt like this mission was a bust. He had a bad feeling about it, but Jandar was a friend of a friend, and loyalty was important to the silver robed wizard.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/13/2000 10:46 AM

Jandar too felt strangely that the mission had been comprimised.But who knew anything about mission Improbable?

__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

The_Thorn
11/14/2000 6:48 AM

The Thorn pulls Jandar to the side and whispers in his ear, "Does it seem like this mission is going nowhere?"

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/14/2000 2:46 PM

"Yes, it does seem that way,doesn't it.Perhaps we should abandon the mission?You are an experienced Agent,do you think we should?"says Jandar out of the side of his mouth.

__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

The_Thorn
11/16/2000 11:21 AM

"We don't have any losses yet, I say we just cut and run," whispers the mage.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/17/2000 1:19 PM

"Agreed.Lets see,I'll tell them I have to go to the bathroom,and can you teleport yourself and Ca'ide out of here?"says Jandar,and before he can be answered,excuses himself from the group to go pee.

__________________________________________________

The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering.
He who dies with the most toys,wins.

The_Thorn
11/21/2000 11:19 AM

The Thorn chants a little and teleports himself and Ca'ide back to The Inn of the Last Home.

TolkaninFaznin
02/09/2001 4:38 PM

ooc; humina? sorry i didn't post?

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com