[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > The Amethyst Mercenary

Daos
09/24/2000 7:36 PM

At the base of the Dargaard Mountains sits a tiny hamlet, hardly worth recognizing. In that hamlet, is a small tavern called the "Hero's Nest."

Inside you'll find few patrons. The barkeeper considers having three customers in one day to be "busy." The people of this quaint town rarely have any troubles, so there is not a lot of drinking done.

A solitary man sits at the bar, probably only around 25 winters old. He is stooped over, looking into his mug of ale with bored, glazed over eyes. He is wearing a long purple cloak which sways gently in the breeze that is coming through the window. He has a long sword and a helmet sitting on the bar near him. His armor is clean and shiny, like that of a Knight of Solamnia's. Welded onto his breast plate is an oval amethyst, about as big as a person's fist.

"Are you feelin' okay, stranger?" the barkeeper asks, cleaning a mug with a rag.

The man looked up, his train of thought lost. "Huh? Oh...no, I'm fine."

"What's yer name, stranger?" the barkeep asked, trying to start a conversation in this dull atmosphere.

"I am Arkos, a simple mercenary looking for work," the stranger replied.

The barkeeper nodded and pointed to a poster nailed to the tavern wall. "A local man has been looking for some mercenaries for some expedition."

Arkos stood up and walked over to the wall. The poster read as follows:

"Mercenaries Wanted for Mountain Expedition!

Strong and brave men and women needed. Big reward involved.

See Marco for more information."

Arkos grinned. Finally, some work! "I've been broke for too long. This big reward should put some weight in my wallet."

He turned and started out the door, to look for this Marco person.

-----------------------------------------
[OOC: I'm new at this, so bare with me (not roleplaying, I'm new at posting stuff here.) Basically, if you want to join in, you can be some other mercenary who wants to join the expedition or whatever.]

Tanin
09/24/2000 7:47 PM

*Tanin strolls into the bar, his armor shinning brightly. He looks at the strange man looking at the poster and decide to investigate. He strides over and looks at the poster*
"Finally! An adventure! Where do I sign up??!"


non-flammable is not a challenge.

Daos
09/24/2000 7:58 PM

Arkos blinks, and looks up at the newcomer. Realizing he must be a mercenary like himself, he relaxes.

"Some guy in this town named Marco. He wants to explore some mountain. It'll probably be dangerous and suicidal...just the way I like it."

Realizing introductions were in order, he smiled at the new-comer and held out his hand. "I am Arkos, a traveler. And you are?"

Neo-guyver1
09/25/2000 6:10 AM

Frealis runs his fingers across his neatly trimmed goatee.
He could use some extra money and by the excited tones of
these youngsters, this could be an entertaining way to do it.

With a final sip of his glass of bloodwine, he pays the barkeep
and stands from his seat at the bar.
Straightening his cloak, his long, unkempt hair flows
over his shoulders. He is of average lenght and slightly
muscular build. About 30 years old in appearance.

'Excuse me, good sirs,' he speaks politely 'Would you mind me
joining you? I too am interested in this expidition.'





Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Tanin
09/25/2000 2:41 PM

*Tanin turns to Frealis*
"I don't see why not. I'm Tanin Majere. Knight of Solamnia but offduty and always looking for adventure!"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Daos
09/25/2000 9:02 PM

Arkos turns to Frealis and introduces himself. "Greetings and well met. I am the Ametyhst Mercenary, Arkos."

When Tanin announces he is a Knight of Solamnia, Arkos grimaces. Not a Knight, he thinks. They always find a way to ruin my fun with their "code" and "honor."

"Well, I guess we'll be traveling together then. Let's head to Marco's. According to the poster, it's in the center of town." Arkos said. He led the two other men to Marco's, kind of crestfallen to see that no women had joined the expedition.

The_Thorn
09/26/2000 7:43 AM

Marco looks up from his desk as the three enter his office. "Are you here for the expedition?" he asks. "If you are I need to know guard or work. If guard then I'll have to test your skills. Also, I need a signature or mark for my records right here."

Marco slides a piece of parchment over to the three along with a vile of ink and a quill.

The_Thorn
09/26/2000 7:44 AM

Marco looks up from his desk as the three enter his office. "Are you here for the expedition?" he asks. "If you are I need to know guard or work. If guard then I'll have to test your skills. Also, I need a signature or mark for my records right here."

Marco slides a piece of parchment over to the three along with a vile of ink and a quill.

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/26/2000 9:45 AM

A big,tough looking man walks in on Marco and his guests.
"Marco,I heard you want men for a mountian expedition!This true, and how much are you paying?"
Noticing the armour and swords on the other men, he spits on the floor.
"And don't you pay me like you pay these hired swords!I'm the best mountian climber in this part of Ansalon and you know it!"

Neo-guyver1
09/26/2000 10:46 AM

Frealis' gaze bores into the 'tough' man, disturbed by his
rudeness.

'What a disgusting man,' he mutters under his breath.

He -gladly- takes his eyes off the man and turns towards Marco.

'I want to take part in the guard,' he says 'As for my skills...'

Brushing his cloak aside, showing that he's only wearing a fine tunic
and a pair of soft leather pants. More important, though, it shows
his slender, highly decorated sword. Its hilt has the form of a silver
dragon, its wings serving as crossguards and its tail and neck curl up
, meeting with eachother to form a handguard.

'....you are welcome to test them.'

He took care to conceal the wand hanging on his other side.




Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Daos
09/26/2000 12:19 PM

Arkos smiles confidently and pushes his own purple cloak back.

"I, too, will be a guard. To waste my skills as a simple worker would be a disgrace." The amethyst in his breast plate glints, as if agreeing to his boasting.

He rests his hand on his sword hilt, awaiting his test of skills.

Haplo
09/26/2000 1:30 PM

A cloaked figure staggers into the doorway clutching at his side before keeling over and rolling onto his back to reveal the wet glisten of blood across his chest.

"marco...5 ogre in pass...ambush...help me,marco.....pain,need healing." he loses conciousness.

The_Thorn
09/27/2000 1:08 PM

"Great, ogres in the pass, just what I need. Fine, you want to be guards, you two, take this man to a healer and guard him umtil I come to question him. Mountain climber huh, how about you scout these ogres for me. You can take a couple of men or work alone I don't care. We just need to remedy this problem," shouts Marco, obviously upset at the delay. "Go now."

Tanin
09/27/2000 3:41 PM

"I volunteer to go scout the ogres too. I'll just get out of this bright armor."
*Tanin runs off and changes out of his armor into his green travelling suit. He slings his crossbow onto his back and tightens his sword belt.*
"Ready. I'll go alone if the mountain climber here is afraid."


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Daos
09/27/2000 6:33 PM

Although Arkos does not feel particularly motivated about fighting ogres, especially since there are no women around to impress, he decides to go anyway.

"I'll go, too. Hey, why not? Good pay and a possibly a great story for later on."

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/28/2000 6:55 AM

Rargos the mountian climber looks at the two men who want to come.
"You understand that we don't want to fight the Ogre's, just find out where they are."
"If you do, lets go.If not, goodbye and good riddance!"
Having said that, Rargos starts toward the way that the messanger had come from.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
09/28/2000 11:07 AM

Marco slams his fist down in frustration. "Fine, go. Report back to me when you have assessed the situation."

Daos
09/28/2000 3:00 PM

"So..no fighting ogres?" Arkos makes his best effort to hide his relief. "Then let's go! It is a shame that I cannot vanquish these evil monsters, but such things are beyond my control."

Having said that, Arkos follows the mountain climber out.

The_Thorn
09/29/2000 10:49 AM

After the new help had left, Marco turned to the injured messenger. He would have taken care of him sooner but he had to show his dominance over the mercs. The gruff trailblazer carefully moved the injured man to a bed in the back of building. He stripped him down and cleaned his wounds. He then did something that none save a few had ever seen. Marco drew forth the energy from his body and healed one of his soldiers. They may be hired, he thought, but the less I lose, the better for business. When he was finished he neatly arranged the mans clothes and weapons for when he arose. He then went back to his office.

Haplo
09/29/2000 11:51 AM

My eyes open and i see the inside of Marco's house the wound across my chest is gone yet there is a stiffness where the wound once was. I found my two swords at the foot of the bed. I dressed quickley and strapped my blades once more on my back just as someone knocks on the door and Marco steps in.

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/29/2000 2:20 PM

Rargos smiles at himself when he see's the obvious relief on Arkos's face as he follows him.Finally a smart sellsword!Maybe he would hire him later.
They find the ogre's camp in a cave a few miles from the village.After watching the guards on the enterance, Rargos takes out a pickaxe from his pack."I hope your not claustrophobic,fellows, becuase we're going to talk to a an ogre female."
"They almost always know more than males, and they always live in the most enclosed space they can find.And you know that means that they're in the back of that cave."
The mountain climber then starts to walk around to the other side of the cave and starts poking the rock with the pickaxe.He picks a spot and starts bashing it, and after a few minutes he makes a hole big enought for a human to enter.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Xitaa
09/29/2000 2:31 PM

Below, at the camp, the ogres are throwing a very expensive-looking staff around, while a sorceress, tied to a tree, is yelling at them. She unties the rope using telekineses, and as soon as she does, the ogres charge at her. She suddenly wishes she hadn't untied that rope so soon.
__________________________________________________

"Does anyone wonder why teenagers try to express their urge to be different by dressing exactly alike?"

Daos
09/29/2000 4:51 PM

Drawing his sword, Arkos enters the tunnel. Making sure the mountain climber is following, he walks into the darkness. The amethyst on his chest plate begins to give off a purple light, slightly illuminating the area.

"Just how are we going to talk to an ogre anyway? Something tells me they won't be very friendly to humans..."

He was cut off, however, when he heard a woman yelling in the distance. The image of a beautiful damsel held captive by ogres formed in his mind, and he quickly ran forward, toward the voice.

I sure hope she's cute...or else this won't be worth it! he thought, as he rushed toward danger head-on.

Neo-guyver1
09/30/2000 1:05 AM

((OOC: I was on camp for a few days, so excuse me for
not having posted in a while))

Frealis silently followed Arkos and the mountainclimber
up the this point. Now he stood in front of the hole the
mountainclimber had obviously made. Though it was expertly
made, he still thought it crude and dumb.

'The sound this must have made should have put the
whole group of ogres on the alert,' he shakes his head
in disbelief of the other's foolishness 'What a bunch of
amateurs....'

Pulling out his sword, he steps into the tunnel. The
sword gives of a silvery light, illuminating the area around
him.




Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Balen
09/30/2000 4:50 AM

From out of no where, a hippie-bard walks up holding a daisy. He looks at the ogres. "Yo,dudes, peace, not war!" He holds out the daisy. The biggest male ogre takes the daisy, knocks Balen out, and gives the daisy to an ogre female who takes it and skips off happily.
__________________________________________________

"Dude, that sword looks,like, sharp. It could hurt someone. Put it down and,like, be peaceful!"

Xitaa
09/30/2000 5:18 AM

By the time Arkos gets to the ogre camp, one ogre is down.The sorceress is desparately casting any old spell that comes to her mind to keep the rest of the ogres off,keeping her eyes on the staff in between spells.

Daos
09/30/2000 8:06 PM

[OOC: I am assuming Xitaa is attractive, since usually, all women in Dragonlance are attractive.]

Seeing the beautiful Xitaa in trouble, Arkos recklessly charges into the melee. The amethyst gem on his breast plate starts to glow brighter as he starts to fight.

An ogre slams his club down, trying to smash Arkos' head in, but the Amethyst Mercenary quickly rolls to the side. With a battle cry, Arkos was on his feet in an instant and cut the ogre down while it was distracted.

Arkos than ran toward Xitaa and stand in front of her protectively.

"Who else wants some?" he taunts the ogres, a mischievious grin appearing on his face.

Neo-guyver1
10/01/2000 3:15 AM

The biggest ogre, obviously the commander of this troupe,
accepts Arkos' challenge and steps forward.

'Yous is going to dies, little man.' the big oaf threatens,
spittle flying with every word.

With that said, the ogres start cheering for their leader
who's taking some practice swings with its huge club.

Suddenly, the laughing stops, as the big ogre freezes and
a spot of blood starts growing on the front of its shirt.

Frealis stands behind the ogre, slowly pulling his sword
out of its back. He twists and turns it around, making the
ogre scream in agony. In a last ditch effort the ogre makes
a backhand swing, but in one fluid movement, Frealis jerks his
sword out and moves it to intercept the club. Just before the
two weapons hit, Frealis realligns his blade and with another
scream, the ogre's lower arm, club still in hand, falls to the
ground. Soon followed by the rest of its dying body.

Standing straight, blood dripping off his slender blade, Fraelis
looks around at the astonished ogres.

'Who's second in command?' he smirks.

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Xitaa
10/01/2000 5:37 AM

No longer having to keep the ogres off, Xitaa flies the staff back into her hands. She smiles at Arkos, whispers "Thanks" quickly, and steps to the side to cast a spell. A huge icicle hits and freezes the nearest ogre in an ice block.

Tanin
10/01/2000 11:46 AM

OOC: I've been really busy the last few days so I haven't been able to post. I'm back now though. Blah.
*An ogre approaches Arkos and Xitaa from behind. He lumbers towards them and is about to swing his club when
a crossbow bolt slams into it's head. The ogre turns around angrily just in time to see a sword pierce it's forhead.
Tanin smiles as he pulls the sword out. He then looks at the sword and realizes it's bent, and the ogre is laughing.
Tanin kicks the ogre in the eye then swings back to the cave on the rope he swung up to the ogre with. He then runs up to Arkos and Xitaa*
"Nice scouting mission. Arkos..get the lady out of here and report to mr.boss. I'll distract the ogre until you get away"
*Without waiting for an answer, Tanin loads his crossbow and begins firing bolts at the ogres and he runs past them, leading them away from the others.*
I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Daos
10/01/2000 1:04 PM

Seeing Fraelis and Tanin join the fight, Arkos worries slightly that they may take all the credit. However, after Tanin tells him to take the lady back to Marco, Arkos grins.

"No problem, Sir Tanin." He turned to Xitaa. "Come on, let's get out of here!" He leads her toward the cave they entered from, his amethyst illuminating the way.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/01/2000 2:50 PM

(OOC:I hope you all realize that you are fighting against a whole ogre camp.You can't win.Just pointing that out.)
Rargos sighs.Why can't these sell swords ever try to think with thier brains,not thier arses! Well,they are a distraction.
He hurridly picks up the strange bard and clubs the ogress who had skipped away with the daisy.
Strange,perhaps that flower had a spell on it that stupifys enemysis his thought as he picks her up too,and starts to run.
"Run you idiots!We have what we came for!Do you want to die for your bloody testesorone fix?!"


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Neo-guyver1
10/02/2000 4:42 AM

'You're calling us idiots?' Frealis scowls at Rargos
'If you hadn't put those Ogres on the alert with your
smashing in of walls, we could have done this without
ever raising our swords. Perhaps you yourself should
think before you speak for once.'

Frealis then turns to Tanin.

'Go now, sir Tanin,' he says 'Our work is done here.
I'll cover our retreat, perhaps with a little surprise
to our big friends over there.'

He sheathes his sword with a reassuring smile and
again beckons Tanin to leave. After which he pulls out
the wand he had hidden from view earlier.

Pointing it towards the closest ogre and speaking a
few arcane words, a barrage of 3 force missiles hit
the ogre, as the missiles hit they explode in a concussive
blast. The ogre is taken off its feet by the blasts and is
dead as it hits the ground ten feet from its original position.

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
10/02/2000 10:00 AM

Marco looks at the now awake scout. "How are you feeling son?" asks the gruff trader. "You took quite a beating. It's good to see you moving again after you passed out in my office."

Haplo
10/02/2000 11:42 AM

I feel fine marco, that last ogre just got a lucky swipe before i slew it, it was the getting back that almost killed me.

Now give me task to execute.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/02/2000 12:38 PM

Rargos looks back at the battle and see's Frealis holding against the Ogres.
He drops the hippy and the ogress and runs back to help him,cursing all they way.
The mountain climber hits one of the ogres with his pickaxe and it falls,but another succeds in cutting at his leg before Rargos kills him.
"Now sellsword,you think you're bloody ready to bloody run?!"



____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Balen
10/02/2000 12:42 PM

Being dropped, Balen seems to wake up."what? where am I?" *looks over at ogres* "Hey! Be peaceful!" *Runs over to ogres and throws a boquet of daisies all around* "Be peaceful! Be happy!Peace, dude!"

Xitaa
10/02/2000 12:50 PM

Xitaa stops running and looks at Arkos. "Why are we running? I'm a sorceress, remember?" She smiles and casts a spell to teleport herself and Arkos to.....before casting the spell, she asks "Umm.. where are we going, anyway?"

Tanin
10/02/2000 7:20 PM

*As Tanin runs to go back to camp, he pulls the hippie by it's shirt out of the way. He looks over
and sees the sorceress just standing there thinking. He runs up to her.*
"I am Sir Tanin Majere, son of Caramon Majere and Tika Waylin. I am at your disposal, but if I may make one suggestion...we
hurry back to the camp before the ogres decide to start trying!"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Neo-guyver1
10/03/2000 1:34 AM

A cone of frost springs form Frealis' hands, literally
freezing a trio of ogres in their tracks. He looks
at Rargos, a bit disturbed.

'I thank you for your aid,' he says 'But are you deaf?
I told you to leave! I can hold out against these fools
for a few minutes and be back in camp before you are.'

He runs back into the tunnel, pulling out the wand
as he goes. Waiting a second for Rargos to follow him,
he speaks a command word. The wand begins to glow with energy.
Just as the group of ogres reach the tunnel, he speaks a
second word and points the wand to the ground in front of
the monsters. A shimmering wall of force forms there, the
first of the ogres bounce off it and the following futilely
try to bash it in with their clubs.

'I so love it when those blockheads do that,' he smiles,
enjoying the ogres antics.

Calmly he clips the wand back on his belt.

'Now, let's go.'

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/03/2000 5:37 AM

Rargos smiles at the ogre's entrapment,then turns to Frealis.
"I had no idea you were this powerful.You are no regualar sellsword,that is obvious,but what are you?"
"Never mind warrior, we will talk after we get this 'lady',"He picks up the ogress again,"To Marco."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/03/2000 5:53 AM

"First here is your payment," says Marco, handing 5 steel to Haplo. "As for another task, I need you to find me another way through that pass so we can get to the mines. Are you up to it?"

Neo-guyver1
10/03/2000 10:22 AM

'Powerful is a big word, friend,' Frealis tells Rargos
'I am a mage, quite skilled perhaps, but there are many
more powerful then I. The powers of my sword allow me to pose
as a warrior, which I prefer. I do not belong to any of
the mage orders, nor would I wish to be seen as a dangerous
rogue sorcerer. Therefore I only use my wizardly gifts out
of common sight.'

He looks Rargos in the eye.

'I trust you'll not tell anyone besides this group of
what you've seen.'

There is no threat in his voice, only a sincere plea.




Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Haplo
10/03/2000 12:27 PM

"I will find another way master, have no fear, no ogres will best me again no matter how many" and with that he walks out the door. And into the street.He leaves the village and heading towards the mountains he vows to himself that this Kensai will eliminate anything in his path.

Xitaa
10/03/2000 12:48 PM

At Tanin's suggestion, Xitaa shrugs. She begins to run again. "Why were you over by the camp, anyway?"

The_Thorn
10/03/2000 1:14 PM

Marco sits down at his desk and tries to figure out wages for his new recruits.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/03/2000 1:56 PM

"I will tell no one about it.My friend."Rargos's voice is soft as he says this,but it soon returns to normal.
"Come with us,you crazy buffon!!"He shouts at Balen."Do you want to stay and play with the bloody ogres?!"
After a while they arrive at Marco's place,and Rargos enters and unceremonialy dumps the ogress on the floor.
"Here's your information about the ogre's,Marco.You just need to get it out of her.If you need any help,I'm avalaible, for a small extra fee."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Tanin
10/03/2000 3:08 PM

"Well good lady, beleive it or not..we were on a scouting mission. Not the greatest stealth I've ever seen or done for that matter.
We were just going to gather information..but a few things happened. Now what exactly were you doing up here?"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Daos
10/03/2000 7:26 PM

Arkos was about to suggest to Xitaa that they teleport back to his place, when Tanin showed up.

As always, the Knights find a way to ruin everything, he thought as Tanin and Xitaa talked.

"Hey, I don't mean to barge in here, but we should really get out of here before those ogres follow us. We should report back to Marco at once." Arkos said firmly, stepping between the two. He was obviously a bit jealous Tanin holding the lady's attention, but he tried to hide it nonetheless.

The_Thorn
10/05/2000 10:44 AM

Marco looked at the unconcious heap on his floor. "I will deal with her Rargos," says the trader. "My other scouts have gone out to try to found a new route. Here is your payment for now" he says handing the mountainman a small pouch of steel. "Why don't you find a place in town to relax until I get my new reports."

With that Marco drags the ogress in back. He carefully locks the door and makes sure noone can get through. He then begins to meditate, sensing a warm surge in his body. He channels it up to his head and then sends it out towards the ogress, probing her mind. After several minutes he find what he needs and lets the spell expire. That was one of the reasons he let noone see his healers training, he had dabbled a little on the wrong side and was ashamed.

Xitaa
10/05/2000 12:26 PM

"I was watching the camp for a while before they noticed me, about half a day before they found me. I was trying to figure out how to get past them. I wanted trying to save my mana by not casting teleport, but what the heck?" She stopped and teleported the three of them to Marco just as soon as he finishes the spell.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/05/2000 12:30 PM

Rargos throws the bag of steel up in the air,liking the chinking sound it makes as it falls.He turns to Frealis with a smile.
"Come my friend,lets go visit a tavern.I'll give you your share of the payment there."


__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Haplo
10/05/2000 2:27 PM

Rengar Blade had setup camp in the mountains and waited for nightfall. He began practicing with his sword in an effort to keep warm and it seemed to be working as his two Katanas made arc after arc of whirling death as he resited the Kensai's code
"Complete mastery of the sword is your reason to live, you need no armour as your blades will take its place, all that you need is food, water, shelter and your blades, you must never be parted from you blades, you will never use your blades for evil, only for good even if it means your own life, be one with the blade, be one with the blade...."

He paused in midswing as he realized that night had descended without him realizing picking up his stuff and dousing the fire he proceded to walk along what seemed to be an old wagon track through the mountains although what it went to was unknown.

After treking through the mountains for a good few hours he came into a wooded area, the trees were evergreens laden with snow and swayed gently in the wind it was a pleasant change from the rocky mountains. He stopped dead in his tracks a great yearning chasm opened before which he decided was the entrance to the mines and a sudden feelling of being watched crept into his mind drawing the two katanas from his back he trod carefully watching the ground for traps when the forest on either side of him exploded with movement an arrow was fired to his left as a man like shape appeared from his right, ducking to avoid the arrow he slashed the humanoid on his right in the shns as he descended the arrow took him in the face, as he hit the ground and rolled a clicking sound was heard and a giant man trap sprung into action where he had been just a moment ago. rising from the foliage he saw the archer through the trees and hurled his belt knife at the his would-be killer which took him in the throat. He walked over to the body of his first attacker, "Paladine Forgive me," he muttered as the he rolled the body onto its back to reveal the face of a boy no more than 14 years old, going over to the one with a bow turned out to be a young girl of 16 barely able to pull back the strings. With this disturbing news he started jogging back toward the villiage.

The sun was beggining to rise as he arrived back in the small villiage, most of the villiagers would have been still asleep, as he headed to Marco's house and preceded to bang on the door and prepare himself for the telling of his grim tale.

Tanin
10/05/2000 6:30 PM

*Tanin materializes with Arkos and Xitaa back at the camp*
"Well good lady, we are going to be finding a way past the ogres outselves, and I would be honored to bring you with us and help you in any way I can."
*Tanin puts his arm over his heart and bows to the young lady*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Neo-guyver1
10/06/2000 1:00 AM

'Thank you, Rargos,' Frealis chuckles 'I see you are
not of the greedy sort more often found in this region.

Frealis proceeds to follow the mountianclimber to a
tavern.

'If you ever need the services of a warrior, or a
mage,' he adds with a sly smile 'You know where to find
me, free of charge, of course.'



Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/06/2000 7:22 AM

Rargos smiles back at Frealis."Of course."
They sit at a table,and Rargos pours about half of the steel from the bag into another,and gives that to Frealis."Whatever else Marco is,he sure pays well,doesn't he."
Before Frealis can answer,a man walks up to the mountian-climber and warrior-mage."Well,hello there friends.Me and my friends over there,"He says and points toward another table full of ragged men,"We heard your transaction,and we want a peice of it.We really want a peice of it.So give it up,and we'll all go away happy."
Damn it!I don't need this.Rargos stands up,supressing a wince at the pain in his leg,and smiles grimly."No,you won't.How about we dont give you anything,and you go away happy?Or we could give you fatal wounds,and we go away happy.Your choice."




__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Neo-guyver1
10/06/2000 10:19 AM

Frealis looks at the man, then at his companions and
chuckles as he shakes his head in disbelief.

'So you want our steel, huh?' Frealis asks the goon, who
nods in return 'Ok, fine.....catch!'

With a flick of his wrist, Frealis sends his pouch for
the man's head. The man catches it clumsily with both
hands and smiles dumbly just in time to find Frealis' heavy boot
connect with his stomach. The thug bends over, grasping his
stomach in pain. His fellows stand from their table. Seeing
this, Frealis grabs the dagger from the thug's belt after which
he holds it to his neck while restraining him with the same hand.

'Now do you get our point?' Frealis says, raising a hand to halt
the other thugs 'Get lost or my friend over there will grab his
pick-axe and things will really get bloody...'



Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Daos
10/06/2000 11:56 PM

Arkos steps between Xitaa and Tanin. "Yes, yes, but tell, us Lady, what is your name? I'm afraid we've had no time for formalities until now."

He pushed his purple cloak back, and stood tall and proud. "I am called Arkos, the Amethyst Mercenary." The amethyst on his breast plate twinkled. Arkos then took Xitaa's hand and kissed it softly. He looked up at her and asked, "And you are?"

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/07/2000 6:51 AM

Rargos smiles at those standing at the other table.It isn't a nice smile.
Muttered comments of the 'fuck them' sort are heard,but the ruffians leave,probably seeking less skillful prey.
"All right Frealis,I think we can let our little 'friend' go now.Hw won't harm us,will he?"
At the mans hurried nod,Rargos pushes him out of the tavern door.
"We handled that pretty well,didn't we?"He chuckles,and sits down again.

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Tanin
10/07/2000 9:54 AM

*Tanin watches Arkos and stands back a little. He looks around at the strange looks the people around are giving them. He then steps up to the two and says softly*
"Let us go to the inn near the boss. We need to report back and we can get a room for this beutiful young lady. While there, she can choose whether or not to tell us about her. But I strongly suggest
we go somewhere less, public."
I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat

Neo-guyver1
10/08/2000 12:36 PM

'We sure did.' Frealis takes his seat back and sips
his wine.

'Is there anything that can oppose us?' he says with a playful
smile 'Why don't we start our own company? We could make a fortune.'

He chuckles as he orders another round from the bartender.

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
10/10/2000 6:23 AM

Marco rises from the map he is studying, having heard someone impatiently banging on his door. He opens it and sees Rengar Blade. "What can I do for you now son?" asks Marco.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/10/2000 7:38 AM

"Well,that may come later,my friend.For now,lets find Marco about that job he had for us before the Ogre's.It sounds interesting."
Rargos calls for the bill.
__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Xitaa
10/10/2000 1:56 PM

(OOC: I'm really sorry,guys, I was away for a while and I haven't been updating.But I'm back now.)

"Not to be rude, but I don't want a room. I want to go on the ogre quest also.I just have to keep an eye on my staff this time. And, about me, my name is Xitaa, and I specialize in cold and freezing spells.So where is this Marco?"

Tanin
10/10/2000 4:31 PM

"My apologizes good lady. I will take you to Marco right away. But please allow me to aide you in your quest for I am headed that way too."
*Tanin bows again and then begins to lead the way to Marco*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Xitaa
10/11/2000 12:17 PM

*smiles and follows Tanin*

Tanin
10/11/2000 2:18 PM

*Tanin leads Xitaa and their companion to Marco's and with a light, swift
knock walks inside.*
"I have returned. If you hadn't already gotten a report, we found a camp of ogres blocking the way.
There are too many to get by safely but if that is our only option I will fight. My advice is we find another route. And
I wish to have Xitaa come along with us. She wishes to go the same route and I have
promised to take her."
*Tanin motions his hand to Xitaa then awaits further insturctions*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Neo-guyver1
10/12/2000 7:08 AM

The clapping of hands is heard, you turn to see Frealis
standing in the doorway.

'Well done, lad,' he smiles 'Very sound advice, though
I think Marco came by that same conclusion ages ago.'

He walks into the room.

'If there is no ther option you will fight,' he states
'And you will die a fool. A brave fool perhaps, but still
no more then a fool. And for what? It is honorable to die
in saving a friend or loved one, but to die for no reason,
like impressing a lady, fair or not, is mere foolery. I
suggest we find another way and if there is none, we'll make
it.'





Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
10/12/2000 8:52 AM

Marco looks at the three, amused by the attempts of the two men to upstage one-another. "Thank you for that report Tanin, but this is not new information. I currently have someone else trying to find us a way around. As for the ogres, the information I got from the female tells me we won't be able to clear them out, so we'll just steer clear," explains the trader. Marco turns to Xitaa, "If you wish to join I will need your signiture here," and he points to a sheet where the others have signed. "In the meantime, you may all take a break in town if you like until I have the information I need," he says, tossing two small pouches of silver to Tanin and Frealis.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/13/2000 6:48 AM

Rargos meets Tanin and Frealis as they leave Marco's house.Noticing the pouches of silver,he lifts his eyebrows.
"This Marco doesn't seem to notice how much money he throws around,does he.So,what did he say?"

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Xitaa
10/13/2000 12:49 PM

Xitaa looks at a pen on the table. It rises, and signs her name on the paper. She then turns around, and follows Tanin and Frealis outside.

Haplo
10/13/2000 5:16 PM

Frowning at This new arrival, who happens to posess very little manners, and calmly waits for him to shut up. And leave before he continues.

"As i was saying Marco i found you mines yet they were guarded by a very disturbing garisson, at least to children and a series of nasty traps, there must be evil at work here after having a boy try to take off my head with a broadsword and a girl stick arrows in me i am positive, yet when i first saw them i am sure they did not have the look of cildren, although at was dark and i had to move fast i cannot help but think that i would have noticed."

Neo-guyver1
10/14/2000 8:33 AM

Frealis stops for a moment as he walks by the Kensai.

'I get frowned upon by one who just slew two children?'
he says 'How amusing.'

He then continues his walk outside, where he meets up
with Rargos.

'Our employer said we could have another break,' he
says in answer to his question 'And he gave me some
silver.'

Emptying the bag, he handws over half of it to Rargos.




Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Tanin
10/14/2000 9:45 AM

*Tanin looks around for a minute*
Where did Arkos get to? We may need his help in the coming journey
*After looking for a few moments, he looks at his bag of silver and smiles. He then turns to Xitaa.*
We have some time before our next departure. Would you care for a drink?" -Tanin asks as he motions to the
tavern with his hand.


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Xitaa
10/14/2000 9:58 AM

"Sure." Xitaa follows Tanin inside wondering a little herself where Arkos DID go to..

Tanin
10/14/2000 11:37 AM

*Tanin leads Xitaa to the tavern and goes over to a table. Pulling a chair out for her to sit, he gets the attention of a passing waitress, turning back to Xitaa quickly he says*
"Order anything you like. Hopefully Arkos will show up sooner or later."


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Haplo
10/14/2000 12:04 PM

OOC:You had already, left Tanin, what you did, did not make sense.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/14/2000 3:51 PM

Rargos smiles at the money and Frealis."Thank you my friend.Share and share alike,eh?"
"So,where to now?"

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Daos
10/14/2000 6:15 PM

Arkos emerges from the tavern bathroom, and zips up his pants. "Ahhh, that's better," he says. "Hey, what did I miss?"

Tanin
10/14/2000 7:44 PM

(OOC LOL. Man, you're right. *slaps his head* I should pay more attention! Lol thanks for pointing it out.)
*Tanin sees Arkos emerge and pulls a chair up for him*
"Sit down comrade. We have a new journey ahead of us soon, so we should rest and relax now while we have time."
*Tanin tosses Arkos the bag of silver Arkos was supposed to receive but wasn't there to get.*
"That's your pay. I picked it up for you on the way out."

I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
10/17/2000 8:36 AM

Marco mulls over the situation. Possessed zombie children, ogres in the pass, his scout still hadn't returned yet about an alternate route, what else could go wrong? Well, they did have a mage now. Perhaps she could help with the zombie kids. Also, they had a mountain climber. He could blaze a new trail for them. And if his scout didn't show up, he would have to find a new scout. Marco left his desk and headed to the bar where his employees frequented. Sticking his head inside he says loudly, "Rargos, we have business to discuss. Hurry back to my place." With that, the trader headed to wait for Rargos's arrival.

Haplo
10/17/2000 1:14 PM

(OOC: I just did return with a way to the mines!)

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/17/2000 5:16 PM

Rargos,who had arrived at the tavern a few minutes before Marco anounced his wish to see him so loudly,sighs,pays his bill,and leaves for his employers cabin.
He arrives and enters."Yes Marco,what do you want?Is that mountain still there to climb,or more importantly, do you still want to pay me to climb it?"

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/19/2000 10:27 AM

OOC: Thanks Haplo, I didn't get your post.

Marco turns to Rargos, "My scout has returned. He has found an alternate route to the mines. I would like you to take a small group and clear the way. Make sure you take the wizardess, I'm pretty sure you'll need her. Also talk to my scout for directions. I want you to Lead this, and I'll make it worth your while."

Haplo
10/19/2000 11:27 AM

"then may are blades be one Friend as we descend into the bowels of evil. I shall rest, as i have been up all night then we shall begin our journey." says Rengar then walks out the door end heads towards the tavern in search of a place to sleep.

Daos
10/19/2000 5:27 PM

Even though most people would take a knight's world for it, Arkos pours out the money and starts counting each piece to make sure each one was accounted for.

Neo-guyver1
10/20/2000 1:32 AM

Silently he watches the three youngsters from his seat
at the bar. Pensively he strokes his goatee.

'Maybe I'm being to hard on them,' he thinks to himself
'They seem capable enough, maybe a bit too confident of their
own skills....'

'....and not in control of their hormones,' Frealis adds, seeing
the two falling over themselves to get at Xitaa.

'Maybe those heavy armors prevent their braincells from working,' he
chuckles to himself 'Either way, I've seen to many of their sort die
foolishly, they will not follow, I'll make sure of that.'



Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
10/20/2000 10:34 AM

Marco hands Rargos a slip of parchment. On it there is an address: warehouse 2, grain road. "This is my supply hold," says Marco. "You may take what you feel you need out of there while Rengar rests. You may want to take the others with you, but that's up to you." With that, Marco turns away and heads back to his desk, where he is studying a book. "Oh, Rargos, send me Xitaa also."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/20/2000 1:29 PM

"All right,Marco.Goodbye."
Rargos loosly salutes his boss and walks to the tavern.Once inside,he walks up to the entranced soldier-boys and the oblivious sorceress."Xitiaa,the boss wants you.After he's finished,rest,becuase you'll be coming with me to help clear the way to the mines in the morning."
As Arkos and Tanin start to follow her,he stops them."Soldier-boys,wait a second,I want to talk to you."
As they sit back at the table,he takes up a fatherly tone and starts to speak."Listen,Arkos,Tanin,you have to settle who gets the lady now.If you don't,it might bother you when you fight,and that means you endanger her and everybody else."Now his voice is hard."So decide,because if you don't I won't take either of you.She's much more valuable to me than you."
That said,he walks over to where Frealis is watching the show."Do you have enough equipment?Marco has a wharehouse of equipment.I'm going there next."
__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Tanin
10/20/2000 7:03 PM

*Tanin looks directly into Rargos' eyes*
"If you are implying that my feelings will get in the way
of my fight, I assure you they will not. I am a trained Solamnic Knight.
My feelings are nothing during the battle."
*Tanin then straigten's himself*
"I do not think it is between us to decide. We don't even know wheter or not
she likes us. I give the decision, if any, upon the young lady."


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/21/2000 10:25 AM

"Who probably doesn't even know that either of you likes her!!"Rargos roars."Decide,or you don't go.That is bloody final!"

__________________________________________________

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using a chicken.

Neo-guyver1
10/21/2000 10:29 AM

Frealis has to hide a chuckle.

'So young, so confident,' he whispers 'so foolish.'

He turns to Rargos and shrugs.

'I have everything I need,' he says motioning towards
his blade 'No need for armor.....'

'It would hamper my skills,' he adds with a sly wink 'I'll
come with you, though.'

He stands from his chair, laying his payment down on the
bar.

'What did Marco want with Xitaa?' as he says it, he already
knows the answer 'He wants a spellcaster, not knowing that he
already has one.'

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/21/2000 11:08 AM

"Maybe not.He has to take her if he wants those youngsters to come at all!Ach,never mind,here we are."
They had arrived at the wharehouse.As Rargos enters with Frealis,he wonders where Marco had gotten all this."Now,I need something to fight with better then my pick.What do you recomend,Frealis?A sword, a spear,whatever."

__________________________________________________

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using a chicken.

Neo-guyver1
10/21/2000 3:31 PM

'Well, I prefer the sword,' Frealis says 'But someone
of your um..... build, could be better off using an axe,
maybe two.'

He grabs an axe and takes a few practice swings, before
laying it down again, the heavy weapon proving to much
for his sleek muscles.

'Are you proficient at using two weapons at once?
I'd like to see our enemies' faces when you come barging in,
chopping around two bloodied axes.'

Frealis takes a pensive stance, as if his words brought an idea
into his head. He notices a bunch of daggers.

'He said we could take whatever we wanted, yes? Well then...'

Grabbing two smaller daggers, balanced for throwing and putting
one in each boot, then taking a larger dagger and spins it around in
his left hand a few times. With his right hand he pulls out his sword.
Nodding in approval as he weighs the compatibility of the two weapons,
after which he slips both of them under his belt.

'Two weapons are better then one,' he smirks 'Have you decided yet?'

Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
10/24/2000 11:18 AM

Marco sits patiently waiting for Xitaa. He needed her skills against the zombie children. Also, he had to tell her about something else, but where the blazes was she?

Xitaa
10/24/2000 12:43 PM

Xitaa walks into... where ever Marco is right now. "Yes?" she asks for instructions. Seeing the look on Marco's face, she shrugs. "I decided to walk."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/24/2000 1:36 PM

Rargos smiles at Frealis's suggestion that he fight with two axe's.He lifts a large double
edged one,giving it a few practice swings.
"Yes,this is good.All it needs is one chop to cut a man in two.I'll take some leather armour too."
Rargos searches until he finds some light armour,and then exits the wharehouse.The sun had almost risen."Hmph.My friend,we have no time to sleep.Let us go to the tavern and wait for the others to wake up."
__________________________________________________

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using a chicken.

Tanin
10/24/2000 3:13 PM

*Tanin walks out of the tavern and down to a small inn he had gotten a room at upon entering the town. He enters the inn and goes into
his small, cheap room and looks at his bed. His crossbow, dagger, sheild and elven sword lay on the bed. He straps his sword on, slips the dagger into
it's small sheath and slings his crossbow onto his back. Then, he picks up his shield and slings it to over back, covering his crossbow
from sight. He then walks out of the inn and heads for Marcos.*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
10/26/2000 11:51 AM

"I have Rargos leading an expedition and he will need your help. There is some kind of zombie children that my scouts have reported and I believe they are magical in nature," says Marco to Xitaa. "I would like you to be his advisor. Also, Rargos has brought to my attention that to of my soldiers are warring for your affection. You need to get them to stop, if not, they could put you all in danger. Do you have any questions. If not, your can meet Rargos back at the tavern."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/26/2000 1:51 PM

Rargos arrives at the tavern.He slips the barkeep a few steel,and waits.
The barkeep shouts into the doors of the clients Rargos had paid him to wake,Tanin, Arkos and Ranger."People!Some Rargos guy wants you down pronto!Wake up!"

__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

Tanin
10/27/2000 10:13 AM

*The barkeep shouts at Tanin's door but no response is heard. He taps on the door and shouts again
but again, no response. Finally, he fumbles through his keys until he comes upon the right one and then
opens Tanin's door. When he comes in, all Tanin's weapons are gone, and the window open. He looks out the window to find
the young knight just reaching Marco's building. Tha barkeep smiles slightly then hurries down the stairs to tell Rargos.*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
10/27/2000 11:35 AM

Marco sits at his desk. A sigh escapes his lips. Maybe he show go along this time to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/01/2000 12:53 PM

As the barkeep tells Rargos where Tanin was,he sighs.
"All right.Wake up the others and tell them to meet me next to Marco's house."At the others expectant expression,Rargos tosses him a few coins."here.Now go wake them."
He then walks toward Marco's house,grumbling all the way.

__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

The_Thorn
11/02/2000 10:45 AM

Marco started to place various items in a backpack while sitting at his desk.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/02/2000 11:49 AM

Rargos reaches Marco's place and knocks on the door.
"Hello!Marco,is the solmanic in there?"

__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

Tanin
11/04/2000 10:35 AM

*Tanin walks out from beside the building and looks at Rargos knocking at the door. He smiles
then taps Rargos on the shoulder*
"Looking for someone?"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
11/11/2000 10:43 AM

Marco opens the door. He decked out in gear to travel. "I will be accompanying you also," he states.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/13/2000 11:21 AM

Rargos opens his mouth to haraunge Tanin,and Marco anounces that he is coming with them.He quickly recovers.
"Wait,its not sure if solmanic boy over here is coming or not."Rargos turns to Tanin."So,have you and Arkos decided about the sorceress?Will one of you give up,at least until the job is over?"


__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

Tanin
11/13/2000 1:43 PM

*Tanin's wide grin goes quickly back to the cold solamnic face*
"It does not matter which one of us she chooses, if she chooses either of us at all.
I have vowed to accompany her and protect her and I will do it. Even if it means I go along without pay, or any supplies of yours."

I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/14/2000 2:09 AM

Rargos's face turns grim."All right,I like you, so I'll tell you one more time.She does not need your protection.The reason she's coming at all is to protect us!Get that through your thick head,and then stop thinking of her as a girl to be courted,she's not.She's our companion."
Rargos takes a deep breath."Ah,that was quite a speech!"he slaps Tanin on the back."I hope you understand that,becuase I really do like you,and it'd be a shame locking you in the wharehouse until we get back."__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

Neo-guyver1
11/14/2000 2:13 AM

Frealis blows out a forlorn sigh, suddenly appearing out
of nothing, it seems, leaning comfortably against a wall.

'I admire your persistence, knight,' he admits 'As for the
rest.....'

He leaves the sentence unspoken, but you guess by the look
in his eyes that it wouldn't have been a compliment.

He frowns a bit as he sees Marco in full adventuring gear.

'Does this mean that we're finally going?'



Jordie, Master of Fire and Lightning

Paperweight of discord and bodyguard of The Man for Chaos Inc.

The_Thorn
11/14/2000 6:34 AM

"If everyone has their gear then we are ready to leave," replies Marco. "Rargos knows the way and he's leading this expedition, not me. You'll be taking your orders from him, so whenever he's ready we can go but I suggest we move out soon."

Tanin
11/14/2000 12:55 PM

*Tanin's grin returns as the mention of leaving on the adventure and he quickly
makes sure his sword is on tightly and his crossbow is slung across his back. He then slides
a small bag of rations onto his belt and looks up, his eyes filled with a yearning for adventure. As he
awaits the others, he slowly goes over Rargos' speech in his head.*
I know she can defend herself...I'm not the kind of person who thinks
of women like that...am I? Do I do it without realizing it?
*Tanin's thoughts are broken by Marcos telling them to follow Rargos' orders. He quickly puts his thoughts aside
and focus' on the matter at hand.*
"Is everyone that's going, here and accounted for?"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/14/2000 3:10 PM

Rargos looks the solmanic in the face, and see's thoughts germinating.He nods to himself.That was all he needed.
At the young knight's question,he wakes from his ponderings."Oh,right!The sorceress and Arkos.Where are they?Marco,didn't you send for the sorceress?"

__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

The_Thorn
11/16/2000 11:19 AM

"She stopped by, I gave her instructions, and told her to go see you," explains Marco. "She's a smart girl, I bet if we take off she'll catch up eventually."

Tanin
11/16/2000 3:02 PM

"Leave without her? No we.."
*Tanin suddenly stops and closes his mouth*
Is this what he means? What am i doing? She's a sorceress..
she can look out for herself...I have to ignore my own impulse to stay and
wait for her...I have to show the group I'm not like that!
"You're right. Let's go."
*With that, Tanin takes one last hopeful look around for her,
then sighs and waits for the order to head out*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/17/2000 1:04 PM

"Wait a minute,I don't know the route!Its the Ranger guy who does."says Rargos.
"Marco,with the money you pay,I have no idea why you have so much problems."

__________________________________________________

The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering.
He who dies with the most toys,wins.

The_Thorn
11/21/2000 11:33 AM

"Good, loyal help is hard to find," says the trader. Marco quickly explains the route he wants to take to get to the mine to Rargos, so the mountain man can lead. The only reason he was along was to see that the job got finished.

Tanin
11/22/2000 7:22 AM

*Tanin catches himself staring down the road hoping to see the sorceress
and quickly turns his attention back to the group, hoping that noone noticed.*
"So, are we off?"


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
12/18/2000 7:59 AM

The party collected their gear and headed off, the trailblazer in the lead. Marco brought up the rear, not expecting many problems until they neared the mine.

Tanin
12/22/2000 3:58 PM

*as they walk Tanin whistles a solamnic travelling tune and catches
himself looking back down the road a few times*


I am going to give you the choice I never had.
-Lestat
The power of terror is vast and great,
But the power of courage is immesurable.

The_Thorn
12/22/2000 4:03 PM

Marco catches the glances that Rargos keeps tossing Tanin. It is obvious that the mountainman is troubled by the young fighters actions. The trader watches the whole thing with amusement, knowing that when there was trouble, both of them would come around.

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com