[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > For Blood and Honor

Pages: [1] 2
Mertonius
09/18/2000 12:04 AM

"Father, get down!"

A blast of searing heat disintigrates the approaching undead Shambler into a pile of ashes.
Mertonius turns to his companion, a Dark Elf in ebony dark robes.

"Good work my son..."
Mertonius flashes a grin to his Half, Dark Elven son as he steadies himself up. Fifty years without the power of his Eternal mask has ravaged the once powerful archmage. He has felt the effect of time that was hed back by his mask and now lives as an elder Irda.

He turns to his son, Tzsiron of Tarsius, from the distant world of Mildorus, a world of elves. His gaze then passes his son as he sees someone approach.

"Halt, who goes there? Art thou friend or foe?"

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/18/2000 10:40 AM

Ghostbuster the kender cleric of Fizban/Paladine destroys an undead with his holy hoopak through its heart.
"It is just a traveler who has entered this battle against undead as he enters any combat against undead!"
Destroying yet another Shambler with the power word 'bust'' he shouts; "Isn't this fun?I love destroying undead!You might say its my calling!"

The_Hooded_One
09/18/2000 5:04 PM

*A quite cat like noise is heard. Hooded stands up and stretches. Making it apparent he's been hiding for some time. Walking over to Mertonius.*

"Mertonius. How goes it? My my, you have aged."



Dragon Peak
Where F**K Lives
Minus the *'s

Mertonius
09/18/2000 9:54 PM

Mertonius and his son dispatches the last of the Shamblers before turning to Hooded.

"I no longer wear the Eternal Mask that kept the ravages of time at bay for me. I am an elder among the Irda, and though we are long lived, we are not immortal..."

He turns to his apprentice/son and gestures to his direction.

"This is my son Tzsiron. I brought him here to Krynn to teach him the ways of this world..."

The Dark Half-Elven Tzsiron bowed in the direction of the elder Hooded and to the one called Joe respectfully (as any young elf of 30 years would do to those who are elder to him, even though they may be human or kender.)

Mertonius' gaze went to the two before him, then to his scion.

"It is time for us to continue on. We seek the Dark Labyrinth of the Minotaurs, where they keep a sacred object of blood that could either heal or destroy..."

Werejakel
09/19/2000 5:34 AM

"Did you say something about minotaurs?"Jakel says out of the shadows.A blue eyed,brown haired Half-Elf steps out.A werejackel native to Ravenloft,Jakel is a proffesinal Theif/Mage.He weilds a crossbow and cocks it,then shoots it at a shambler and the it explodes.He was using hide in shadows."I'll help you as long as I can kill minotaurs."he say angerly.Minotaurs killed his parents.A Human/Grey Elf.He looks at the crowd and waits.

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/19/2000 8:58 AM

Ghostbuster walks over to Mertonius.
"Hello, Ghostbuster Lillypad is my name, and I'm a cleric of Fizban, or Paladine as other races call him.I'm on a mission to destroy undead wherever I go!"
The kender whispers loudly."'Ghostbuster' isn't my real name, its actually 'Flower', but hush hush!"
"I'll go with you becuase it sounds like fun, but why do want this magic item?"

Mertonius
09/19/2000 9:12 PM

Mertonius takes a rest on a mound of earth near him...

"That ancient relic of the minotaurs can heal any condition, any illness. I need it to save the life of my wife and those who were stricken by a dread disease/spirit called the 'Heart Whisperer'. I also need adventurers capable of breaking into a stronghold of well over a thousand Dark Warriors of Sargonas."

He looks to his son and gestures to him to reveal a strange golden sphere. Mertonius takes the sphere and cracks it open revealing several objects of arcan power.

He raises a silver amulet, with raised runes of warding and protection. "This is the Amulet of Greater Weirds (ooc: That is Spells) and it would endow a mage greater spell and missile protection
(ooc: double your saving throws versus).

He pulls out a wicked looking gladius with a skull of a strange bat-like creature affixed to its hilt. The blade of the dagger like weapon has a row of jagged teeth and gleams with a sickly blood red light. "This is Blade of Despair, a weapon capable of severing the very life bond of a being. It can be thrown and would reappear back to its owner's side immediately."

He then removes the final object, a strange glowing orb. Mertonius smiles at the kender.
"And this is the orb of ultimate search. It can reveal hidden objects and things. It could also be used as a scrying orb and a lighting istrument."

The_Hooded_One
09/20/2000 3:00 AM

*Hooded looks at the objects of arcane power with interest. Although the irda had aged, he seemed more powerful than ever.*

"Nice baubles Irda. I will help you in your quest, but as always I have an objective of my own. My search for a shapeshifting ring powerful enough to counteract my imprisonment in this body goes on. Also, tell that half-breed to keep his distance." Hooded says looking at Tzsiron with hatred. The fact that the elven half is dark elven is lost on Hooded. An elf is an elf thinks Hooded. Wanting to maintain a certain level of civilness on the quest, Hooded bites off any further verbal barbs and stands waiting for the irda to get moving. "Where to first Irda?"


Dragon Peak
Where F**K Lives
Minus the *'s

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/20/2000 6:53 AM

Ghostbuster looks at the orb with interest."Scrying you say? Sounds interesting."
He looks at Hooded with sparkling eyes."Shapeshifting?Wow, I can shapeshift, but its very hard!"
He turns back to Mert.
"So, when do we leave?"

Furanthas
09/20/2000 3:18 PM

{A mighty roar of a dragon is heard above the small group. They all look towards the sky to see a faresized silver/gold gliding towards them. Moments before landing the massive form begins to reshape as if melting away. The huge body receids to nothing but the outline of a well built young man. Dressed in silver robes adorned with gold embrodery. The young man is around 5'8" small but very well built around the top. The stranger without breaking his stride towards the adventures, slides his hood from over his face. His hair is slicked back like dragon scales and is gold in colour. His eyes for the moment are a deep green.}

"Tis queit the quest you offer old one. And as one of the silver robes I would gladly join the journey. I'm a skilled mage and have more than enough tricks up my sleave to defeat a thousand foes."


"Power comes with Discipline."

DarkBeserker
09/20/2000 5:20 PM

"If you are planning on takig on Minotaurs, I'd say you need some help."

A man with long red hair flowing free strolls towards the others. Strapped to his back is a giant sword well over 8 feet in length. The man stands 6'5" and looks to be made of muscle. He wears doe skin pants and shirt. His riding boots are muddied.

"I am Malos and I'll take on the bullheads any day."

His emerald green eyes sparkle with life.

--The Dark Beserker

"With the Rage comes insanity"

Mertonius
09/20/2000 8:59 PM

A glint of invitation shone on Tzsiron's eyes as he measured up the Hooded One. Then he bit off the retort he was to give when his father signaled to him.

"Be that as it may Tzsiron, you need not kill him, he was always like that. Now, mae ready to prepare the transport module of your devising..."

At this, the young half-elf pulled out a small, crystalline looking device that seemed to radiate a fair aura of steeped magicks. He laid it on the ground and incanted in a strange, somnambulistic tone. Light welled from the device and its crystalline confines expanded to the size of a floating warship.

"A flying war barge. Its crystalline based structure bends light making it invisible when viewed from below as we fly in it. It has numerous accomodations including baths and beds. It is also armed with several mass disruption balistas and a main mauler device mounted upon the front gunnery rack. Fully manned by aerial servants of varying skills..." Tzsiron indicated to the mystic war machine.

"That is his own creation, and I am proud of him for that!" Mertonius exclaimed. "Now, let us board and make haste to Mithas. But I need to advise caution. The minotaurs will not hesitate to use all their resources to stop us... I give you one more chance to back away from this proposal. Once you join up with me, you will gain the enmity of all minotaurs on Krynn!!!"

At this, Mertonius and his son boarded the ship, making their way to the "bridge". Several aerial servants awaited up the gangplank for those who are willing to take up the adventure. One dronned in a whispery voice...

"The ship would depart within ten minutes, please board immediately..."

The_Hooded_One
09/21/2000 2:59 AM

*Looking around the group, Hooded boards the ship. Especially noting the shapeshifters amongst the group. Once on board, Hooded tries to track the source of the annoying dronning voice.*


Dragon Peak
Where F**K Lives
Minus the *'s

DarkBeserker
09/21/2000 4:16 AM

Malos laughed and his bright emerald eyes started to blacken. He shook his head and the returned to their Green state. He whisperd "Not yet" to himself.

"I could use a few more horns in m collection!"

He quickly boarded the strange ship.

--The Dark Beserker

"With the Rage comes insanity"

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/21/2000 8:00 AM

Ghostbuster boards the ship.
He concentrates for a few minutes, then opens his eyes with divinely granted knowledge about each of his new comapanians,but not as much as he would have wanted.
They all seemed exeptionally powerful.

Furanthas
09/21/2000 1:06 PM

{Looking over the group as they boarded the crystaline warship, He thought to himself that all of these adventure's had a boastfull approach towards the quest. Grinning quickly he walked up the plank and boarded the ship. Looking towards Malos his eye's turn a light forest green.}

"I to share the eye's of emotion's. But I was born with mine. Was thou born with it.?"
"Power comes with Discipline."

DarkBeserker
09/21/2000 4:20 PM

Malos looks at the young man before him. He then flashes a smile at the man.

"No, these are not eyes of emotion as you say. I have a powerful curse laid on me."

Malos points to his eyes. "Now lad if these ever turn black, get away from me and do so however fast those wings will carry you."

Overlooking everyone and the ship itself Malos grinned.

BATTLE! He thought. It had been to long since he'd been able to fight a prolonged battle. Crizork would be happy if he only knew..

--The Dark Beserker

"With the Rage comes insanity"

The_Hooded_One
09/21/2000 4:31 PM

*Hooded looks around the group and then to the eldar Irda. Mertonius would certainly have his hands full stopping in fighting on this quest, Hooded thinks happily. Staying out of the way for the time being, Hooded studies the growing tensions between people in order to use them to his own advantage later.*

Dragon Peak
Where F**K Lives
Minus the *'s

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/22/2000 6:28 AM

Ghostbuster goes over to Furanthus.
"Hello Furanthus.While I have seen your kind before, tell me, why do you worship the gods of magic and not Paladine as almost all other good dragons?"

Mertonius
09/22/2000 8:51 PM

A deep shudder ran through the hull of the vessel as it started lifting off from the ground. There was a peculiar feel to ship as it lifted off. Unlike other such vessels, there was no sense of queasiness that normally discomfort a passenger. There is also no feel of motion, but they can see that they were moving. It seems that the ship was designed for both comfort and ease of travel though it was also a war machine.

The ship made its way over the plains of Abysinia, unseen by those beneath him. Nevertheless, they made it in good time and are now over Sanction...

Furanthas
09/25/2000 1:39 PM

{At the mention of his kind Furanthas's eye's rushed to a deep murky green. His gaze switched instantly from the vast openess of the skys to Joe_Ghostbuster.]

"So you have seen my kind? Does thou know what my kind even is? If you believed that shapeshifted form of me to be my true form, thou is mistaken. Thou is correct about worshiping. But I worship the gods of magic because my blood is free to choose."



"Power comes with Discipline."

Mertonius
09/25/2000 7:34 PM

A sudden roar engulfs the port side of the vessel as a powerful blast takes the ship's crew by surprise. All turn to the source of the shot that rocked the ship. It was another flying vessel!

(OOC: Ok, I need someone to play the bad guy who captained that vessel. So anyone willing? The bad guy is also after the ancient relic, for the explicit plan of taking over Krynn with the power.)

"Dammit, it's the 'Grim Reaper' ! (OOC: Name of the Ship)

The 'Black Nova' opened up broadside with its massive guns, raking the starboard of the 'Grim Reaper', from stern to port.

The_Thorn
09/26/2000 8:04 AM

The Black Claw grins, exposing jagged teeth. There was no way that the Nova would beat his fast ship of death to the relic. "It's mine," he shrieks into the wind.

His hood falls away from his head revealing a reptilian face. He lifts his scaly, three fingered hand to the sky. and points to the Black Nova. "Board that ship and kill them all," he orders.

Grappels and boarding planks or brought on back by Snakemen. The boarding of the Black Nova has begun.

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/26/2000 9:20 AM

Ghostbuster is about to reply to Furanthus when the 'Grim Reaper' appears amd starts boarding the 'Black Nova'.
"Hey,lets continue this later, allright?" He says, as he screws on a special tip to his studded hoopak.The tip is made of Platinium, and has a carving of a dragon on it.The dragons tail encircles a hole, in which the kender cleric insterts a silver ball.
"Let me at 'em!" He says, ready for battle.

Furanthas
09/26/2000 1:21 PM

{Nodding in agreement Furanthas speak's a quick word}

"Furan"

{Instantly his silver dragon claw staff appeared in his right hand. The crystal glowing a dull red. Turning to face the Grim reaper he raise's the staff and chants a verse that sounds clear and almost hollow. The staff flash's a brilliant red and a beam of white light streak's towards the Grim reaper's boarding side. When the beam reaches right between two boarding planks. Furanthas speaks a very loud and clear word. a blinding white light ingulfs three snakemen scurrying across. Shreaking as their eyes melt from their reptilian sockets, they lose their balance in the blindness and fall into the open sky. Lowering the staff furanthas looks over to Black claw and readys himself for more.}

"Tis a shame their weren't more of them."

"Power comes with Discipline."

DarkBeserker
09/26/2000 3:36 PM

Malos wasted little time. The use of magic to kill warriors sickened im but still..

His massive sword almost leaped into his hand. He swung it in a lowered arc slicing at the boarding lines. He began screaming at the top of his lungs. His screams were almost primal;. The brought abot the feelings of anger and hatred in all that heard them

His eyes were mostly black. Only a few gren flakes remain.

--The Dark Beserker

"With the Rage comes insanity"

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/28/2000 7:28 AM

Ghostbuster prays to Fizban for "some luck you know, I might need it", and then jumps in among the snakemen.
He hits one with the platinuim tip, and it goes down, paralyzed.He whacks another, but it seems to have more resistance and stays upright, cutting open his tunic and making a small gash on his chest.
"Ouch,that hurt!"he says, and spears the lizardman through the gut.He does the same to another one after it annoys him by trying to cut his heart out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
09/28/2000 11:04 AM

The Black Claw grins with glee. His grunts were doing well. "Shamans forward," bellows the pirate.

Two painted lizardmen come from out of the hold. They stand on deck waving their claws back and forth chanting.

The_Thorn
09/29/2000 10:53 AM

The two shamans finish their spells. A low drone can be heard and the sound increases. Suddenly there are bugs everywhere. Bees, wasps, hornets, mosquitos, and beetles. The bugs engulf the Nova. stinging all save the lizardmen. Their tough hides prevent them from being damaged.

The Black Claw snaches a bug out of the air and crunches it in his mouth. Swallowing, he cackles in amusement.

Joe_Ghostbuster
09/29/2000 2:30 PM

Mosquitos and wasps suround Ghostbuster, the most evil of the insects atracted by his good aura.
"Why hello, I'm Ghostbuster and my mission in life is-Ouch!Why did you-Ouch!Stop-Ouch!I sai-Ouch!Oh damnit-Ouch!I need some-Ouch!Help here Fizban!!"
And at that rather unusual request for help, Paladine sends a flock of birds at the insects attacking Ghostbuster.They eat most of them, and then stay, hovering around the kender.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Mertonius
09/30/2000 1:55 AM

Tzsiron, who has finished repairing the damage done by the 'Grim Reaper's guns, returned with a vengeance, his eyes blazing with a dark light.

"ATTACK MY CREW, WOULD YOU? SHOOT MY SHIP AND BLOW US TO BITS WOULD YOU? NO MORE MISTER NICE ELF!!!"

The dark elf pulls out a strange, ominous looking amulet with a strange rune upon its face. Raising it up high he started chanting in the spidery speech of magic...

"DUNAS SWEDZA KOR TUMANOS DAR!!!"

A dark globe of energy suddenly engulfed the entire ship, a dark pulsing energy unlike any have ever seen...

Then the light subsided, leaving only the crew of the 'Black Nova' alive; the attacking lizard-like creatures that threatened the Cleric and others disappeared, not even a mere memory of them were left...

"That was the Ultimate Sphere of the Void... Leave us pirate or face the dire consequences of your actions..."

Tzsiron slowly leveled the amulet towards the 'Grim Reaper'...

"I give you a minute to leave... NOW GO!!!"

Balen
09/30/2000 5:00 AM

Balen,tied to the mast of the 'Black Nova', holds a daisy in his teeth. "O, dues!" 'Man, this is hard to talk with this daisy in my mouth.'he thinks. "Peef, nod wor! Doe wordy, Be habby."

TolkaninFaznin
10/02/2000 9:54 AM

Cai'de could tell that there was a battle taking place. The rocking of the ship with each blow, the yelling. She was caught up in the excitement that she might actually be saved from the Grim Reaper, however all her hopes were destroyed when a powerful voice called out 'you have one minute to leave'.
Upon hearing that, Cai'de leapt up. 'Please! Hear me!' She pleaded loudly. Someone had to save her, she'd been here much too long. 'Please!'

The_Thorn
10/02/2000 10:06 AM

The Black Claw hear the dark elf. Knowing the threat was real the Claw thought quickly. "Stop boarding, sound retreat," he crows. The to the Nova he shouts, "You haven't seen the last of me. I will have that relic, it will be mine." With that the Reaper turns and makes it's way into a cloudbank.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/02/2000 12:44 PM

Ghostbuster turns in wonderment to Mertonius and his dark elf son."Wow!I felt powerful magic around that amulet,but that was really terrefic!"
"But what I don't understand is,what do you need that other magic item for?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

TolkaninFaznin
10/02/2000 5:33 PM

*No!* Cai'de thought, feeling movement as the Grim Reaper retreated. She ran up to the bars and screamed at the guard on duty; "Let me go, you stupid piece of amphibious waste!"

The_Thorn
10/03/2000 6:06 AM

The Black Claw descended into the bowels of his ship. His crew had suffered heavy losses, but he still had an ace. He stared at his prisoner heckling his guard. Swiftly, the lizardman captain moved out of the darkness to the cell. "Shut up whelp, or maybe I won't feed you again," sneered the Claw. "Noone will ever save you! I'm just going to keep you here until I syphon all of your life force and you are a dried hussssk."
With that the captain retreats to his quarters to try and find a way to delay his rivals.

Furanthas
10/03/2000 10:36 AM

{Wathching the Grim reaper sail off into te distance. Furanthas thinks to himself how powerful that last spell was. Ignoring the numerous stings from the bees and insect bite's.}

"I would've liked to showed off like that myself. But I must admit that was one heck of a spell. Tis a pity that coward black claw didn't stay to feel my mind shatter spell. I would've turned him into a brainless heap of flesh."

"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
10/06/2000 9:53 AM

**sorry this post is so long. I got inspired**

Cai'de sneers at the Black Claw's comments, but waits quietly for him to leave. Now was the time, she felt, to put her plans into action. She took from her shirt a sharp edged pendent, one which the captain had overlooked in his many attempted 'attacks'. She took the chain off and re-attached it so that the pendent hung off the end of it. The other end of the chain she attached to a thin rope constructed out of threads from her clothes. Then, in one swift movement, she whipped the pendent at the guard and deftly yanked it back. The guard fell over dead, his throat slit. Cai'de approached the bars and tossed the pendent at the ring of keys until the two hooked, and she was able to pull the keys into her cell. In a matter of moments, she was out and running up the stairs to the main deck. She approached with caution. All she had to do, she felt, was run to the edge and leap, and then spread the wings she had constructed from her bedsheets. If Black Claw's 'enemies' were nearby, she could beg them to help her. If not, she would either learn to use the sheets to safely land, or plummet to her death, a far more desireable end than what Black Claw had in mind. She hesitantly emerged, cautious and alert.

The_Thorn
10/10/2000 6:36 AM

After toturing his prisoner, Claw went to his chambers. He was hungry and had the cook bring him a pate of grubs and bugs. He cunched on them as they skittered around in his bowl, the whole time trying to come up with a plan to get the relic.

TolkaninFaznin
10/10/2000 8:30 AM

Cai'de could only see a few hands on deck, tending to the ship and leaving her unnoticed. Black Claw was probably stuffing his face somewhere, and she hated to think of what. Taking a deep breath, she ran up the remaining stairs and glanced around quickly, trying to find the side of the ship closest to Black Claw's enemies. She ran to the side and prepared her bedsheet-wings for flight.

The_Thorn
10/12/2000 9:21 AM

In Cai'de's haste she overlooked one of the shamans, sitting by a pile of bones and meditating. He sees the captive prepare to take flight, but just as the young lady jumps, a claw snags her hair and she is pulled back on the ship and clubbed into unconciousness.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/13/2000 7:19 AM

Ghostbuster is watching the retreating enemy ship,when he see's the womans attempt at flight.
"Hey guys!"he shouts."There's some lady on the other ship who just tried to escape!"

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Kitiara2
10/14/2000 11:33 PM

OOC: Mertonious! Hey gorgeous!

The_Thorn
10/17/2000 8:23 AM

The Claw has one of his grunts drag the unconcious female to his special room below deck. He straps her securely into a chair, binding her wrists, ankles and head. He then sat in a chair across from her. The two shamans come into the room at this point and place one hand on the captive and one hand on their captain. They were going to syphon more of the poor womans life force.

Furanthas
10/17/2000 2:39 PM

{Turning to see the lady's attemp at freedom. Furanthas reminds himself of his vow of personal honor.
'No lady of any kind or race shall be delt harm if thee can help it.'
Looking at the distance and size of the grim reaper furanthas thinks of how a rescue could be brought about.}

"I'm a man of honor and that woman is in need of assistance. Beside's I'm also a military strategist and it is more sufficient to destroy an enemy that vows to destroy you when you have the chance."

{Looking at the others with dark green eyes.}

"Does anyone else wish to destroy our opposition now or do we wait and be suprised later?"

"Power comes with Discipline."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/17/2000 5:41 PM

"Enough talking!Lets help that lady!"Ghostbuster says,almost shouting."Get me and you into that ship,and we can kick thier scrawny lizard asses!"__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Furanthas
10/18/2000 2:01 PM

{Responding to Joe by Closing his eyes and chanting a verse of magic that seemed to be only for a insant. A vortex of emptyness opened just infront of Furanthas. without opening his eye's furanthas moves to stand at the opening.}

"the vortex shall hold for as long as we need, so do not worry about time. Just make it to the prisoner and return."

{Opening his eyes The others notice a red ring around Furanthas's pupil. Stepping through the vortex He suddenly appears in the ships cargo hold. Eyeing the dark space for any snakemen. He waits for Joe, crouched to the side of the vortex.}
"Power comes with Discipline."

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/18/2000 6:49 PM

((OOC:*sigh*why can't anyone understand?My kender name is Ghostbuster!Not Joe!))

Ghostbuster skips happily into the vortex,hoping to be transported to some other gateway dimension.Finding to his dismay that he's just on the other ship,he sighs,then remembers that they have a damsal in distress to save.
Choosing a direction at random,he goes below decks to searcg for her."Come one,Furanthus!"
__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

The_Thorn
10/19/2000 10:19 AM

After several long minutes, the Black Claw rises from his chair. He had more energy now then ever before, and he was going to use it to find the relic. Two other guards came into the room, and removed the unconcious prisoner. They drug her like a rag doll, her limp body dangling between them as they took her back to her cell. Upon arriving they searched her, and found the item she had used to slay their brethren. Infuriated, one of them kicks the female several times.

Meanwhile the Claw and his shamans returned to the Captains quarters. Spreading out a map, the lizard captain purused it carefully, looking for where the relic might be hidden.

TolkaninFaznin
10/19/2000 8:29 PM

Cai'de awakes slowly. Each time she grows weaker, her mind grows stronger. She goes through great pains to sit up with her back against the far wall. She rolls her head weakly, then realizes with dismay that they've taken her necklace. Not only was it a weapon and stale bread cutter, it was her father's gift to her on his deathbed. She could have died happy with that around her neck, and she knew she had a new mission . . .if she could ever stand again, that was.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/20/2000 1:40 PM

Ghostbuster skips happily through the cabins of the lizard men,somewhat upset that no-one had found him and murdered him yet,but still happy.
Finally he finds a few of them looking at a map."Oh,hello!I'm Ghostbuster Lillypad,ghostbuster extra-ordanaire.Whats up?"

__________________________________________________

"I must have these dudes!"- dude vadar

Furanthas
10/23/2000 10:18 AM

{Coming into the room behind Ghostbuster, Furanthas looks towards the lizardmen and quickly puting his hands together he starts walking towards one. Once within reach he close's his eyes. Chanting a verse once he then touch's a snakeman on the shoulder as it struggles to retreat. While holding it's shoulder Furanthas says the verse again and suddenly his hands give off a bright blue light. A cold mist appears around his hand ands starts to cover the snakeman. Within seconds a frozen solid statue of the snakeman stand's freely in the room. Opening his eye's Furanthas looks towards the other snakeman with Red eye's. clenching his hand into a tight fist Furanthas throws a powerfull right jab into the statues northern plexus. Instantly the statue burst's and shatter's into nothing but a sparkling cloud of ice.}

"Chill out or We'll make you."



"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
10/23/2000 12:01 PM

Cai'de can hear something shatter, like glass almost. Was she seen by the enemy ship? Were some of the lizardmen going against Black Thorn? If that were the case they would surely be dead within a few minutes. Cai'de struggled to stand, taking no notice of the guard. He was probably laughing at her, the way she wobbled around to stand, leaning against the wall and the edge of the bed. Of course, the crash was probably created by drunkards who coulnd't hold the stein, or a uick brawl, but she had to stand, she had a feeling . . .

The_Thorn
10/24/2000 11:05 AM

The Claw and his remaining shaman retreated from the angry man and his gibbering idiot. The Black Claw hated kender, they were so annoying. "How did you get on my ship and what do you want?" demanded the captain while searching for an acceptable weapon.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/24/2000 1:46 PM

Ghostbuster ponders those deep questions.
"Well,the Gods all came together one day and made the world.I think.And well,I want world peace and candy for everybody!What do you want?"

__________________________________________________

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using a chicken.

Furanthas
10/25/2000 10:32 AM

{Hearing the kenders Story unfold Furanthas quickly realized that they might be here until their reinforcements arrive. Furanthas reached into one of his pouch's and in a cupped hand came out with a handfull of white sand.}

"Ast tasark sinuralan krynaw."

{Sprinckling the sand through the air in a arc towards black claw and the snake-shaman. A calmness filled the room as they fell into a deep sleep.}

"Ghostbuster we must find the lady and exit this decrepped ship."

"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
10/26/2000 11:46 AM

The Claw sees Furanthas move but quickly becomes tired, slumping to the floor in a deep sleep.

Joe_Ghostbuster
10/26/2000 1:54 PM

Ghostbuster,who was just going into a considered discussion with himself if feeding the children or stopping war was more important, returns from his ponderings.
"Save that woman,right.Thanks for reminding me."
"You choose where to go."

__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

TolkaninFaznin
10/30/2000 8:13 PM

Cai'de took a hesitant step forward and then crashed into the bars. Barely keeping herself up, she screamed at the guard; "You give me that look one more time and you can shove your tail up your butt!" The guard was confused, since he hadn't given her a look. Perhaps Cai'de was wrong, but things had gone too quiet. It couldn't be because Black Thorn was dead, she guessed there would be celebrating. "You touch me again, I swear I'm gonna beat you!" She yelled. The guard soon caught on and snarled at her. "Black Thorn ain't gonna like what you're doing! I'm his, remember? His source, and if you kill me, where will he be??" Where was anyone, by the way? Cai'de had expected someone to enter, anyone; Black Thorn, another lizardman, hopefully a tall, dark haired male with beauiful blue eyes, weilding a broadsword saying something to the effect of 'I'll save you' . . .perhaps she was going insane . . .

The_Thorn
10/31/2000 3:31 PM

The Black Claw finally roused from his sleep. His talisman had shortened the spell, but not stopped it. He woke his shaman with a swift kick. He faintly remembered the two saying something about his prisoner. He slipped through the back, grabbing something on the way and headed down to Cai'de.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/02/2000 11:05 AM

Ghostbuster chooses a direction at random and by happy chance finds Cai'de's prison in no time at all.
He smiles at all present."Hello.I'm Ghostbuster,kender cleric extra-ordanaire,here to rescue you!"his high pitched voice ringing through the cabin/cell.
The Lizard man looks at him,and charges.
"Oh poop."says the fearless kender,and jumps out of the way."Fizban,could you,um, do something?"
It appears Fizban was listening,for the lizard man suddenly freezes in its place.Ghostbuster skips over to Cai'de's bar thingy,and starts working on the lock.
__________________________________________________

"he is such a fuck... lol..."- Slappy

TolkaninFaznin
11/02/2000 4:29 PM

"Who are you?" Cai'de asked, confused. "You didn't defeat Black Thorn and the others by yourself, did you?" She coulnd't imagine a kender doing that much damage, then again, he was a kender. Her strength began to give out and she slipped from the bars onto the ground.

The_Thorn
11/11/2000 10:50 AM

The Claw slips into the room through a secret door. "You," he cries at Ghostbuster. He grabs the kender by the topknot and tosses him from the lock. "She's mine."

TolkaninFaznin
11/12/2000 11:28 AM

Cai'de felt a let down when Black Thorn entered. Unfortunatly, he hadn't yet been defeated. "Leave him alone, you salamander with a pig's butt for a face!"

The_Thorn
11/13/2000 9:49 AM

The Black Claw ignores Cai'de's insults. He, instead, focuses on the kender and wonders where the other breacher had went. "If you leave now, I won't kill you or the girl," hisses the lizard captain.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/13/2000 11:06 AM

Ghostbuster lands on the floor hard."Ooooohh!!!"he shouts,angry.
"If I hadn't exuasted myself,I'd kick your ass!But Furanthus will do it.Right,Furanthus?Furanthus?"

__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

The_Thorn
11/14/2000 6:46 AM

"Your friend has probably been captured or killed," hisses the Claw. "This is your last chance, leave now or die!"

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/14/2000 2:43 PM

"No!"shouts the kender defiantly.With a last burst of energy,he calls upon Fizbans power,and freezes Black Claw.
"Hey wow!I did it!Thanks,Fiz!"Ghostbuster catches the prisoners arm and runs."Hey,do you know a way out?"
__________________________________________________

"Observe the spider, how patiently he weaves his web.Then squash the sucker."-Garfield

The_Thorn
11/16/2000 11:23 AM

The remaining shaman steps out the secret entrance he had been guarding. He cast a spell at Ghostbuster and Cai'de, a simple sleep spell. With their loss of so much energy, they should fall asleep quickly.

TolkaninFaznin
12/04/2000 9:33 AM

Cai'de is out like a light.

Furanthas
12/15/2000 4:10 PM

{standing cloaked in a spell of shadow, Furanthas watched as ghostbuster froze the claw. Knowing that he could do it he hadn't interfeared with the claw and ghost. But when the shaman had cast the sleep spell Furanthas came from out of the shadows. Silently he stood right behind the creature.}

"Night,night you cold blooded fool."

{the lizard shaman tryed to turn but it was to late Furanthas had swung his staff right into the creatures gut. Winding him severly, as the shaman bent over Furanthas lowered the staffs glowing crystal flame even with it's face. It looked up with watery eyes only to see a dragons claw reach out and tear it's face off.}

"We have to leave now. I 'll cast a float spell on her."

{Saying the spell softly her body began to slowly raise off the ground. Furanthas turned and started for the storage room, and the portal.}

"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
12/18/2000 7:43 AM

Claw's ring made the hold spell wear off quickly. Quick enough for him to glimpse his captive and her rescuers disappear out of the room. The lizard captain once again slipped through the secret door and went back up to his quarters. Hanging on the wall was a horn. He removed that item and placed it to his lips. He blew two short notes and one long. The signal that his ship had been boarded and prisoners were free. Now the kender and his companion would have to deal with his crew also.

Furanthas
12/20/2000 8:42 AM

{Hearing the horns defiant signal's Furanthas knew soon many lizards would be upon them. A thought came to mind as he began thinking of the spell.}

"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
12/20/2000 10:07 AM

The Black Claw came out of his quarters sporting the horn and a very large axe (his weapon of preference). He would not let his prisoner escpae. He needed her, badly, to find the relic.

"Find the prison," hissed the Claw. "She issss with two other prisonersss. Move in groups of four," he commanded to the groups of lizard men who had collected on the deck. With that, the hunt was on.

Joe_Ghostbuster
12/22/2000 7:35 AM

Ghostbuster had not been made to fall asleep by the Black Claw's spell,but he had been, and still was, very groggy.
He follows Furanthus, half asleep on his feet."Hey,are those things real,or just figments?"he says,pointing at four lizard men incoming from a left passegway.
"My mom used to tell me about figments.They were, like, not real.Are these guys real?"he continues as one of the lizard men jumps on him,squahing him,and starts to lift Cai'de away.

__________________________________________________

'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

The_Thorn
12/22/2000 4:11 PM

The Claw, with four new hand-picked bodyguards headed back to the syphonning room. Expending this much energy would force him to recharge once they had recaptured the prisoner. He began to make his preparations.

TolkaninFaznin
01/02/2001 4:09 PM

Cai'de was lost in a dreamland of lizardmen and kenders. Somewhere through all that, a hazy figure stood. She could sense that he was on her side, whatever that side might entail, but that he had a dark soul. It confused her. She tried to approach him, yet the more she walked the farther he became. Beside her, a kender babbled on about figs that his mother gave him or something . . .then suddenly Cai'de's stupor was shaken and she groggily opened her eyes. There was a kender, squirming easily out of a lizardman's grip. Cai'de herself was hardly aware that she was being carried off by one other.

Joe_Ghostbuster
01/06/2001 5:10 AM

Ghostbuster brightens as he evades the lizard men."I know how to know if your figments or not!If I annoy you,your real!"
And with these high and shrill words of doom,the taunting begins.
"Hey,lizard guys, do know you got a sick bevear eating your asses?Oh,thats your tails.What happened,did your noses get sticked in a clothes press?Hey,I met your momma's!They're sitting on a lillypad in a pond somewhere!And your papa's,they're getting thier teeth cleaned by birds!"
The lizard men,enraged beyond belief,forget thier mission and drop Cai'de to pursue the kender.As he runs,Ghostbuster hapilly shouts;"They aren't figments!" __________________________________________________

'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

TolkaninFaznin
01/06/2001 1:36 PM

Cai'de is wrenched from her stupor as she hits the deck of the ship. Her energy has returned some, and she carefully lifts herself, holding her head. The lizardmen were engrossed in catching the giggling kender. She looked around and saw the Dark Souled One from her visions.

"Who are you?" She asks quietly, hoping the kender can keep the lizardmen occupied for some time longer.

Furanthas
01/08/2001 11:08 AM

{seeing the lizardmen hurtling after joe, furanthas looks back towards the lady.}

"I'm one of deep secret's. If thou wish's to know these secret's thee must have an open mind. For there are more races than you may know of. And as for the darkness, yes tis true I have a dark soul. But I have learned over years of hardship that I can control and even use it to help others."

{Looking deep into her eye's she is token back as she see's his eye's change for an instant. From a deep emerald to eyes of a well know and kind. Slits of silver with gold were the white of his eyes were. She blinked and looked again to see him picking a sword from the dead guards side. Handing it to her he stair's at the blade.}

"Hold the blade still and do not be afraid."



"Power comes with Discipline."

Furanthas
01/08/2001 11:16 AM

{Holding his hand out and touching the blade furanthas speaks three soft yet deep word's. From his hand's come a blue light, the light slip's from his hands on to the blade. The blade begins to give of a deep ice blue, and mist floats from the tip down. Moving his hands away he looks again at the lady.}

"This blade is now enchanted. A little spell I call Diamond blade. The blade will cut through anything except its brother spell, The nova blade. It will last as long as I will it to. You may use it if you wish?"
"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
01/08/2001 6:43 PM

Cai'de stands slowly, trying to avoid a headrush. She smiles and nods at the Dark One, and then turns her attention to slashing the arm and mace off of a charging lizardman. The newfound power gives Cai'de a rush. She was finally in the winning hand, and her energy surges. Gripping the enchanted sword with both hands, she swung at her enemies with much zeal.

Joe_Ghostbuster
01/09/2001 6:34 AM

Ghostbuster turns anf faces the lizard men pursuing him."Hey guys,can't we let by-gones be by-gones?I mean,i'll forgive you--Ayye!"he shouts,as one of the lizards cuts into his stomach,ripping it open and revealing the guts."oh shit."the kender says in a small voice,and faints.

__________________________________________________

'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

The_Thorn
01/09/2001 6:41 AM

Claw is interrupted in his work. One of his subordinates had burst in and was rambling on about how they had found the prisoner and killed one of the two pirates who had boarded their ship.

"Fine, fine," mutters the captain. "Bring her here."

Furanthas
01/09/2001 10:55 AM

{The battle and blood shed begins to burn anger and rage in Furanthas's mind. His eye's begin to change from green to a deep red. Looking towards the lizardmen that had chased and gutted joe Furanthas says}

"Xenith, occost/mailli nashza."

{Once finished his body begin's to fade and reshape. His girth quadruples, and grow's in length. In a moment the very walls of the ship are streched and snap against the strength and size of his new shape. The cloud desapates and there crouched in the midst of the ruined hallway is a great silver/gold dragon. It's mouth open's and a roar of rage boom's forth.}

"Cai'de get on my back! now!"

{Reaching past the frozen with fear lizards Furanthas pick's the kenders limp form in one massive hand. Using his imeasurable strength he push's up with his back. The ships deck crack's and rip's open.} "Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
01/11/2001 12:37 PM

Cai'de drops her sword and swings her arms around Furanthas's neck. Finally, she was escaping! She hoped that the little kender would be all right.

The_Thorn
01/13/2001 3:42 PM

The Claw watches the horrible scene unfold. His floating ship had been destroyed, they were going down. His prisoner had escaped, riding atop a good dragon. Now all he could do was fall to his death.

OOC: As far as I'm concerned, the villian has been defeated and this thread is dead.

TolkaninFaznin
01/15/2001 4:08 PM

OOC: ::Smaks Thorn:: It's only dead if you want it yo be, you moron. Put a little more effort into it, okay?

The_Thorn
01/15/2001 5:10 PM

OOC: Wakes up from his stupidity. Thanks Tolk.

The Claw thinks of revenge, he must have it. It would come, one way or another. First, he would have to find a way out of his predicament. His shamans were dead, he had no dragon, but there must be a way.

Furanthas
01/16/2001 10:58 AM

{Looking back to see the claws ship slowly begin its decent to land far below. Furanthas fly's swiftly back to the crytsal ship. Landing on the stern of the ship, the bow raise's for a moment as his claw lowers to the deck and release's Joes body onto the deck. Feeling Cai'de jump from his neck Furanthas once agains shifts his form back to his original human one.}

"The littlest body's usually hold the most heart."

{Coming to kneel next to Joe Furanthas looks at the gory wound. Thinking only for an instant of what must be done furanthas lifts his sleeve and draws out his dagger. Closing his eye's and slowly slicing his arm to the amazment of all that watch blood begins to flow. But the blood is not a human blood, not completly. It is red of all humans but is giving of a glow of silver. As the first drop of blood drip's onto the wound his organs and gut's begin to slowly retract back into his body. After a minute or two The skin is re-sealing and a scar is soon all that remains. Standing again and wrapping his cut in a bandage Furanthas walks to the cabins to rest.}"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
01/16/2001 1:21 PM

As the Claw's ship crash and burns, the Lizardman captain is tossed from his ship. As he plummets towards the ground, he looses conciousness.

TolkaninFaznin
01/16/2001 1:49 PM

Seeing the kender healed, Cai'de approaches the side of the crystal ship, watching as her captor's ship crashes. Something twitches in the back of her mind . . .she closes her eyes and thinks of Black Claw. For everytime he took energy from her, she was somehow able to retrive something from him, and now had slight mental powers. Still, being from Black Claw, they had an attraction to Black Claw, and her mind found him as he fell and slowed his descent and softened his fall until he was not falling at all, and was set carefully and safely away from the wrekage of his ship. Cai'de was unaware of this occurance, only of the fact that she was free . . .and forever so or as she thought.

The_Thorn
01/16/2001 6:33 PM

The Black Claw awakes some time later, the one moon hanging above his head. He was alive, but he didn't know how. His left shoulder ached, was probably broken. The Lizardman captain was having trouble seeing. He must be lying on his stomach thought Black Claw.

As Claw rolled on to his back some rubble fell off of his shoulder. That must have been what broke his shoulder. As he checked he also found his shoulder slightly burned. With all his energy, the lizardman stood. He nearly fainted, his shoulder hurt so much.

He looked at the wreckage around him. His ship had been destroyed, and it looked like he was the only one who had survived, but there was a chance for revenge. First, though, he had to take care of his shoulder.

Furanthas
01/17/2001 6:09 PM

OOC: You are quiet an exceptional Poet with your words. Your little twist prior to the end was placed so well with the body sapping, and the mental affect.!!!


Furanthas.

Blood of both....

"Power comes with Discipline."

BIC:

{after sitting down below as the lost blood in his arm replenished, a thought crossed his mind. He returned to the deck without even the slightest breeze and without any of the groups ears awareness. He now just was standing on the deck and theirs eye's caught suddenly by the glint off of his silver/gold robe.}

" I would like to finish this mission as quickly as possible if that can be arranged?"

{His deep and low tone full of indescribable impatience.}
[Edited by Furanthas at Wednesday January 17, 2001 6:22 PM]

The_Thorn
01/17/2001 7:12 PM

The Claw shambled over to a tree. He slumped against it's base, resting for a moment. He scanned the area and quickly found what he needed. A nearby vine would provide a servicable sling until he could have it properly taken care of. His axe was way too heavy to use with only one hand.

After a half hour of scrounging, the Lizardman captain had found a shortsword, a serviceable backpack that he packed full of food. After all of that, he headed off in no direction in particular.

TolkaninFaznin
01/18/2001 12:35 PM

Cai'de approached Faranthas. "I want to thank you for saving me. I had been his prisoner for quite some time, and my escape attempts had been getting worse and worse. I would probably be dead by now if you and the kender hadn't intervened." She paused for a moment. "Since you are intent on finishing this mission, it does not look like you will be able to set me down anytime soon. In that case, I offer you my assistance, though I am only human, with no magical or sword wielding training." She shrugs, "I can lift a sword okay, but I tend to wing it and use what I've got. It works for me, although I lost my weapon of choice with Black Claw's ship. It had been my father's pendent, and was very round and sharp." She sighs and looks out over the countryside below them. "What, exactly, is this mission, anyway?"

ooc; thanks. I just really thought this was a cool thread and I didn't want it to die just yet.

The_Thorn
01/18/2001 2:22 PM

The Black Claw traveled for quite some time. His progress was slow, as his injury slowed him down. Eventually, he found a deer trail which made the progress easier. After traveling most of the day, the Claw slumped against a tree to rest for the night. With his good arm, he pulled some food out and settled in for the evening to get what rest he could.

Joe_Ghostbuster
01/21/2001 7:02 AM

Ghostbuster wakes,feeling strangle alive."What happened?"he aks himself."Did I somehow heal myself?"
He looks around,finding himself once again on the crystal ship,the human next to him."You lost something?"he asks,catching her last words."I found this on the ship,I think Black Claw dropped it."he takes out a strange round and sharp object from within his clothes.

__________________________________________________

'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

The_Thorn
01/21/2001 9:27 PM

The Black Claw slept the entire evening without any incidences. When he awoke, he was more stiff then before. He ate anoter meal then took off. After a half days travel, he picked up a scent, goblin. The lizardman captain began to track the goblin and other smell that was with the goblin.

Furanthas
01/22/2001 11:08 AM

OOC:I think it's a waste if a thread you've just started to be abandoned. These threads can grow to become quiet complex stories.}
BIC:

"Our mission if I remember correctly is to retreave a relic from the minotaurs. Then we go to face the horde of dark ones at Sargonas."

{Wondering to himself for a moment he turns to mertonious.}

"Is this mission going to go all the way. Or doust thou intend to let us to decide where we go?"

"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
01/22/2001 12:39 PM

"My fahter's pendent!" Cai'de exclaims to Joe, taking the necklace tenderly. Thank you so very much!" She returns it around her neck as she listens to Furanthas. "Sounds tough, but I'm in for the long haul." She smiles.

The_Thorn
01/22/2001 2:39 PM

The Black Claw finally caught up with the goblin. He caught a glimpse of the runty little thing gathering herbs. It looked as if the goblin was wearing a robe of black. Even the lizardman knew that goblins couldn't use magic.

The Claw made his way to where the goblin was. Being as quiet as he could the lizardman crept out and surprised the goblin. With his good arm, he held the sword up, the point to the goblins throat.

"I need healed, and you're going to help me," said the captain. "Do you have a potion or know a healer? Perhaps a knight-cleric?"

"Here," squeaked the goblin known as Wart. He reached into his pouch and produced a small vial and a handful of herbs. "S-s-spread this on your wound and then drink this."

"Excellent," stated the lizardman. He lowered his sword and took the supplies. "You shall know no harm from me or my crew from now on." With that, the Claw took off to find a safe place to rest and heal.

Furanthas
01/25/2001 2:29 PM

"I for one would like to finish this part of the quest so I may play a part at Sargonas. So if it would do no harm may we continue?"

{Furanthas looks on as the ship glides along the wind. Watching the sun as it dipps into the ocean. The reflection shimmering softly throughout the land.}

"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
01/25/2001 11:14 PM

"Full speed ahead!' Cai'de said confidentally.

The_Thorn
01/26/2001 12:54 PM

The Black Claw rested for quite some time. He had found a cave, probably some animal's and had stopped to heal. He had applied the herbs like the goblin had said, then drank the potion. After that, Claw had passed out, but now that he was awake he felt healthy again.

The lizardman captain left the cave in search of food. He hunted small game in the forest, prefering that to the ration he had in his pack.

That evening, the Black Claw feasted on rabbit as he plotted his revenge.

TolkaninFaznin
01/26/2001 8:09 PM

A few days after her escape, Cai'de lay in her bunk. She watched the shadows cast by the swaying lantern and thought about life, and about how it was nearly lost. She slowly became aware of the slight twitch in the back of her mind . . . she couldn't place it. . . something hazy like a lost memory, one that was almost within your grasp but not quite. She would ponder it deeply, yet come to no conclusions. She found she would have to stop thinking about it in order to sleep, to push it further into that hazy blanket of forgetfullness. She was afraid that she'd lose it, that she'd wake up one morning and wonder what she had been thinking about, shrug, and get up for the day, but as she rose the next morning, there it was, a persistant * tick * * tick * in the attic of her mind's eye.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/06/2001 12:57 AM

Ghostbuster had been bored to death.He had even found the amulet of Cai'de's father a few times and returned it.People were always dropping things around him.He finally took a position in the crowsnest.
He looks ahead boredly.Then he spies something. Birds!"Land!Land Ahoy,mateys!"he shouts down.Then giggles.He had always wanted to say that.
He rushes down from the crowsnest and goes to Cai'de."Ready to fight over a thousand of Sargonnas's Dark Warriours?Sounds like lots and lots of fun!"
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

The_Thorn
02/06/2001 9:57 PM

The Black Claw, left the cave at the beginning of dusk. The lizardman had no problem traveling by dark, and he had much time to make up if he was going to beat Cai'de and her saviors to the relic. Eventually, he would run across something that would speed up his travels.

TolkaninFaznin
02/06/2001 10:33 PM

Cai'de looked at Ghostbuster with a feigned 'I'm nearly peeing my pants in anticipation' look. "Great . . ." She managed. She felt for her father's pendant, realized something and re-lifted it from Joe's pouches, and then placed it around her neck. She could hear the kender bantering away in the background about how the warriors might look like and how they might attack, but Cai'de shut it out as she stared intently at her pendant. "Faranthas . . " She said, quietly yet with strength, "I think we're being followed."

The truth of the matter was she didn't know where that came from. After she said it, she continued to look at the pendant, and then up at Faranthas, and shrugged. "Excuse me. . ." She said sheepishly, "I'm afraid I'm still a bit shaken up from my ordeal. I have no idea where that came from. If it's all right, I think I'll return to my bunk and meditate until we arrive."

Kalia_Majere
02/07/2001 10:33 AM


She could hear the kender bantering away in the background about how the warriors might look like and how they might attack, but Cai'de shut it out as she stared intently at her pendant. "Faranthas . . " She said, quietly yet with strength, "I think we're being followed."



Far above them all a Dragon Chuckles softly in amusment. Her wings as silent as an Owls, her scales muted by the fog, with only the stars to see by the Dragon went on unoticed...behind the first was another. Wingbeats louder but even then whisper soft. They attempted to fly by the ship to reach the shore first...

The Two Dragons climbed high into the night sky to stay out of range....and the ship sailed on

The_Thorn
02/07/2001 10:40 AM

OOC: good to see someone else join this thread.

The Black Claw traveled all through the night, taking only small breaks to rest or eat. The lizardman had come across a small stream where he was able to replenish his supply of water. The captain could tell he was nearing the end of the forest, as the trees were beginning to thin.

With the first crack of daylight, he could tell he had been right. Mountains lay to the east, past the plains. They would be tough traveling, unless he could contact someone who he hadn't been in touch with for quite some time. Lets just hope he isn't dead thought the Claw.

Kalia_Majere
02/08/2001 9:37 AM

(OOC: thank you..I have yet to read all of the story to date but give me a few if I seem a bit slow.)


The first dragon made a motion to the second, pointing to the shore in the distance then to the ship that was a league behind them.

the other dragon nodded once and they started their dive to the shore below. Once there, the first dragon was clearly visible in the starlight. Bright Crystalline scales, with irridecant white feathered wings. Four pairs of crystal horns crowned her head and a wide band of silver around her serpentine neck sported a blue crystal sphere that glowed wth a life of its own.

the other Dragon was magnificant in its own right. Not as large as the other, but it sparkled in the starlight, while the other glowed. the second dragon's scales seemed to be made of Opals ranging from tiny, to some the size of a human hand.

the Cryastal Dragon cluched at the Blue orb around her neck and it flashed brightly. In seconds the Form of the Crystal Dragon was gone...in its stead, was a Beautiful young woman.

She stood maybe 5'8" slender with silvery hair and bright golden eyes. she wore a dress of a misty white of a gossamar material(Magically induced to prevent wear and tear, and to keep it clean) which reached just past her ankles. It was trimmed in a rich lilac color emboidered with silver and gold runes. In her hand she held a black wooden staff. at the top was a golden Dragons claw holding fast to the Blue Crystal Orb.

The_Thorn
02/08/2001 9:49 AM

The Black Claw headed for the base of the mountain. There was a secret entrance into the mountain somewhere around here. All he had to do was find it, then he could attempt to find that little runt of a dwarf who owed him a favor. The Claw was going to make Burl pay up on old debts.

TolkaninFaznin
02/08/2001 10:12 AM

Cai'de noticed the flash of the magnificent dragons, and alsno knowing a kender's keen eyesight, she quickly pointed them out to him;

"Look! Dragons!"

Something about them caused her to be unafraid.

The_Thorn
02/08/2001 11:10 AM

After searching for several hours, the Black Claw found the mechanism that activated the secret door into the mountain. He stepped inside and took a moment to let his eyes adjust. Finally, the lizardman took off on the ardurous journey to the dwarf city.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/08/2001 11:11 AM

Ghostbuster looks at the dragons with awe."Ooooh,pretty!!Hey there!Hi!!"he shouts,jumping and waving excitedly."Lets land!"he shouts,but evidently Furanthus doesnt here him,for the ship steers straight ahead,over and beyond the dragons.
The kender calms,depressed."Poop!I wanted to talk with them!"he pouts."Oooh,but wait,I see the citadel of Sargonas!Look!"he points at a magnificent castle of total ebony,as if made of darkness.It is manned with great minoutau warriours,champions of the Arena.Ghostbuster waves at them.
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

Kalia_Majere
02/09/2001 1:45 PM

Kalia stood on the shore staring up at the ship as it passed them by. She gazed out and over at the Citadel, black as the night around it. she motioned to the other Dragon to remain and then she assumed her own Dragon form.

nintey feet from nose to tail, with a hundred foot wingspan, the Crystal dragon was a bit larger than avreage size of her species. Her crystaline scales sparkled in the light, and her wings where of shimmering irridesant feathers instead of a leathery membrane.

She took to the air straight from the ground. Her wings bore her quickly through the air to glide effortlessly beside the ship. She kept up with it without any signs of strain

"Cia'de! how are you!?" The Dragon cried out. "May I come Aboard?"

The_Thorn
02/09/2001 3:47 PM

The lizardman slunk down the tunnel. It was deserted, for most dwarves didn't know about it. The Black Claw came to the end of the passage. Slowly, the captian move the boulder from the building basement wall it covered. He moved stealthly through the building, looking for the way out. He found the door with no trouble and began to move through the dwarf city, looking for Burl.

TolkaninFaznin
02/09/2001 3:55 PM

Cai'de smiled as Kalia called up to her. "Of course!" she called back. As an afterthought, she quickly spun to Faranthas. "Oops, I probably should have asked you first; it *is* your ship. Don't worry, she's okay . . .I hope you don't mind . . .?"

Kalia_Majere
02/09/2001 4:41 PM

Kalia glided easily in the wake of the ship waiting for the owners permission before she would step onboard.

"Don't worry" She called . "I can take on a human form!"

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/10/2001 6:10 AM

Ghostbuster takes his eyes away from the citadel and fastens them on the magnificent dragon."Oooh!" he says once more.He concentrates enough on Paladine for a small levetation spell,then floats towards Kalia.
"Hi!"he says,putting his hand forward to shake."I'm Ghostbuster Lillypad,kender cleric extra-ordanaire!Who are you?"
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

Kalia_Majere
02/10/2001 8:11 AM

Kalia Smiles at the kender, and lowers her serpentine neck to allow the Kender to climb onto her back.

"I go by the name Kalia Majere...My Dragon name is still a bit uncomfortable for me, so Kalia will do just fine. I am pleased to meet you Ghostbuster Lillypad..." She says looking back at the Kender Her golden eyes bright in the night.

"I'd shake your hand but Im afraid I may do more damage than good" she murmered raising her claw arms. Nearly 11 inches of deadly Crystal talons tip each digit.

"But it is a pleasure all the same!"

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/10/2001 11:30 AM

Ghostbuster smiles at the dragon,and gets on her back."Thanks!I've never met a dragon like you! But your good.I cam sense it.What are you?"
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

The_Thorn
02/10/2001 10:40 PM

Eventually, the Black Claw locates Burl in the dwarf city. The lizardman captain slinks up behind him. Thrusting out a claw, the dwarf is dragged into the shadows.

"Burl, it's me, Claw. Do you still have the ring I gave you?" asks the Black Claw. The dwarf nods his head yes. He reaches into a pouch and produces a jet black ring. The Claw scoops it out of the small hand and disappears into the shadows.

Kalia_Majere
02/10/2001 11:45 PM

Kalia Laughed heartily. Her golden eyes filled with amusment.

"I am a Crystal Dragon...I am the last of my kind. Amung the Gem Dragons the Crystals are the strongest. But my mother was the last to survive the Dragon Wars. when I Hatched...the eggs of my siblings remained dark and lifeless...My mother passed on just after she had laid them. using the last bit of her strength to keep her eggs safe...but over time my egg was the only one to survive."

Kalia stretched her wings out to thier full hundred feet and soared Easily on the winds. Her Feathered wings diffused the wind easily making her a clever Airialist. she could pull off Arial tricks that her cousin Ayslynn could not.

She glanced Back at the ship wondering if she was going to be alowed to board it or not.

TolkaninFaznin
02/11/2001 11:00 AM

"I don't want to appear like I'm impinging . . .or stepping on anyone's toes . . .I know I just sort of fell in on your mission, but I would like to vouch for Kalia. She has much good in her, and much power." Cai'de said to Faranthas. She opened her mouth to say more, but the twitch in the back of her mind suddenly seared with pain. She grabbed her head and cringed, her eyesight becomeing black with bright sparks. She gripped the rail for support, and eventually the pain subsided, but the twitch was somewhat stronger, more persistant. For a moment all she could see was white, yet gradually her sight returned [this is in tandem with Claw's finding of the ring, which i'm guessing is somehwat powerful].

The_Thorn
02/11/2001 12:19 PM

The Claw had the ring, but he was starting to tire and there wasn't much time left. He found a deserted area in the city and rested, eating a small meal before falling asleep.

The lizardman captain dreamt of his ship. He was once again flying, with a new crew this time. Cai'de and her friends were dead, the Claw having killed them personally. He had found the relic before them, managed to get a new ship, and captured a new diamond to power his ship.

The Black Claw awoke feeling refreshed and with a new sense of purpose. He had to find the relic first. Now he had the means to, he thought, as he looked at the ring.

Kalia_Majere
02/11/2001 1:53 PM

Kalia saw Cai'de stumble and at that point she didn't want or need and invitation. Mumbling a single word, Kalia transported the Kender back to the ship deck. In the next breath, She let out a Roar and a Bright searing white light enveloped her Dragon Body. The light settled down upon the ship deck to fade and Kalia re-emerged from the Ball of light.

Now in Human form Kalia dropped the staff of Magius and helped to steady Cai'de. Kalia wore a breautiful Dress of a white gossamar material, trimmed in a rich Lilac silk, embroidered with silver and gold runes. She Had Silvery hair and Bright Golden eyes.

She turned to look Cai'de over. "whats going on here? Are you alright?" She said bending over to take her staff back from the Kender, At whom she smiled at patiently "Thank you for finding that for me" she said Holding the Staff of Magius tight in her hands.

TolkaninFaznin
02/12/2001 8:51 AM

"Yes . . .I'm alright . . .thanks . . ." Cai'de said as she found her footing. ((ooc; Furanthas . . .post, come on man . . . )

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/12/2001 9:51 AM

(OOC: probably comp failure.It happens to us all)
Ghostbuster smiles at the dragon."No problem!"he says."Hey,is that the staff of Magius,wow...Hey,how weren't my arms burnt?"
The kender stares at his hands for a while,then gets bored."So are you gonna help us attack,the castle,huh?Its gonna be tons of fun!"
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

[Editted by Joe_Ghostbuster on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 3:45 AM]

Kalia_Majere
02/12/2001 10:23 AM

Kalia smiles at the kender.

"I told it not to. I knew that you would be the first to try to pick it up. Kender always find lost things right? Well lets just say that I have a much better grasp on the magic within that staff than my Great-Foster-Uncle Rastlin...he knew very little about the staff. I know plently now. Yes I do plan on helping you as soon as someone fills me in on what is going on...."

Kalia turned to Cai'de searching for an answer.

The_Thorn
02/12/2001 10:30 AM

OOC: Tolk, I could use your Cai'de character in the thread NewSurroundings2. Thanks.

The Black Claw slips the ring over his clawed finger. The ring expanded to acomidate him. The lizardman captain felt a small flow of power go through him. He closed his eyes, picturing the citadel that held the relic but also the minotaurs. He had been there once, and tried to recall the room he had stayed in. Slowly, the Claw began to chant words that he hadn't said in a long time.

Kalia_Majere
02/12/2001 10:40 AM

Kalia's head snapped up. She stared intently at the citadel. She suddenly had the disticnt impression that time was running out.

"No time for it now I guess..." she murmered "come on I can get you two to that Citadel faster than this ship."

Kalia again was enveloped in the shimmering mist to appear off of the port side of the ship. In her Dragon form she could easily accomodate two riders as long as she was carful not to upset and accidently drop them...

"Jump on! hold onto the smaller scales! just watch your hands some can be a bit sharp!"

Kalia lowered her neck so that Cai'de and the Kender could climb on.

TolkaninFaznin
02/12/2001 12:23 PM

Words formed in Caide's head, words she had never heard before, she never knew existed, were finding their way softly to her lips. The twitch in the back of her mind ticked out the rhythem of the chant, and for a moment all she could do was cradle her head and keep the words as soft as possible. In her minds eye, she was looking up at the citadel, her view bordered by trees. Then, in a flashed instant, she was looking down into Black Claw's face. After that, her mind snapped painfully and went blank. She let out a sharp, somewhat choked yell, trying to keep as silent as possible; she didn't know what was happening and didn't want to alert anyone.

The_Thorn
02/12/2001 1:12 PM

The Black Claw finished the spell, one of the few he knew. After a few moments, he was in the room at the citadel. It had changed somewhat from the last time he was there, but it was basically the same. Now, he had to find the relic before the others arrived.

Kalia_Majere
02/12/2001 10:48 PM

Kalia turned sharply to Cai'de her sharp hearing picking up Cai'des' words the chant echoed in her skull.

"NOW! We're running out of time. we have to leave now!!"

The_Thorn
02/12/2001 11:49 PM

The Black Claw made his way through the citadel, avoiding any minotaurs he came across. The lizardman captain found an empty room and went inside. He carefully locked the door behind him. Removing his pack, he took out one of the few things he had recovered from his wrecked ship. It was a case, a scroll case to be specific. It had been enchanted to be indestructible, and the crash had proven that. He removed the seal and took out his means for finding the relic.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/13/2001 3:49 AM

Ghostbuster mounts Kalia."Come on,Furanthus can follow us later,he's a dragon too,remember!"
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

TolkaninFaznin
02/13/2001 7:30 AM

Cai'de follows Ghostbuster and climbs upon Kalia's back. She suddenly felt sick with a single horrifying thought; what if Black Claw lived???

Mertonius
02/13/2001 8:34 PM

OOC: So Sorry for not being to post for a long long long time. I had problems with my user settings. Anyway.

Mertonius caughed as he turned to his son, the ancient glint in his eyes brightening the deck.

"Prepare for Marauder aspect..."

The Nova shuddered violently as the strange material that held it together started to fold upon itself rapidly. Various sparings and wing like protrusions burst from its crystaline sides.

Mertonius and his son watched in glee as the ship changed from something that can fly in air into something that can skim the void between worlds.

"This is Marauder aspect: Grand Nova"Suddenly, there was a flash of light. And then there was..........Me

The_Thorn
02/13/2001 10:11 PM

The Black Claw began to read the scroll. The magic words rolled out of his mouth, as if he had known them all along. The runes disappeared from the page as read he read them. The spell was complete and the Claw could sense the relic. The power was drawing him. He could feel minor pulls, but the relic pulled the hardest and it was time for him to go.

Kalia_Majere
02/13/2001 11:39 PM

OOC: I am planning to alter the Crystal dragon's breath weapon here...to something like a Blue/white colored flame...also the traditional breath weapon for the crystal...straight out of the Monster manual for D&D))

"Alright! Hang on tight!" Kalia roared thrusting hard with her wings propelling her forward at alarming speeds twards the Citadel. She calls forth her breath weapon, feeling the Fridgid flames in her throat. she needed something else...but what...

"Ghostbuster!! I need your help here! I need a light source As bright as you can manage!! also shield your eyes I'm gonna try to blind them on the way in! my scales and My magic will do the rest!!"

TolkaninFaznin
02/14/2001 9:30 AM

Cai'de felt sick . . . one moment she had been on a smoothly flying ship and now she was on a dragon bulleting toward a minotaur-guarded citadel, plus, she was somehow drawn towards it. Words had echoed again in her mind, and had slipped unnoticiced in a soft whisper from her lips. Where were they coming from?!?! She desperately wondered. And still, as ever, was the persistant twitch in her mind.

Hearing what the Crystal Dragon was planning, Cai'd squeezed her eyes shut.

The_Thorn
02/14/2001 10:40 AM

The Black Claw began to head towards the bowels of the citadel. He avoided the minotaurs, ducking into rooms or the shadows whenever necessary. He had his sword drawn just in case, but the lizardman captain knew he could move faster without contact. The minotaurs the Claw passed seemed preoccupied with something, and most were headed outside or up to the battlements, making his job easier.

Kalia_Majere
02/14/2001 10:45 AM

Kalia waited for Ghostbuster to do the spell that she asked, and as they neared the citadel, she let out a gout of Blue/white flame. Kalia stared down at the minotaurs that the flame had touched. some froce in place and fell to the ground without a sound, others where engulfed in the flames

"Hurry Someone!! I need that Spell!! My scales will blind those who look at me in a bright light!!" She cried as she circled around for another pass.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/15/2001 10:15 AM

"What?Oh,the spell!"realizes Ghostbuster,who had been watching the frozen minoutars with amazment."Fizzy wizy,lithzy plizzy!"he proununces.A light bright enough to be a second sun appears above the dragon.Ghostbuster goes to sleep."Wake me when we get to the exciting part..."he mumbles.
'Cry Havoc!And let slip the dogs of war.'
Shakespeare,Julius Caesar

Kalia_Majere
02/15/2001 10:20 AM

Kalia let out a cry of triumph at the sight of the light. she mumbled a spell to herself amplifying her scales reflective ability. in moments she was twice as bright as the light above her.

The minotaurs scrambled away blinded by the light, leaving Kalia a bigh enough place to land.

"I wouldn't sleep as of yet...things are about to get interesting." Kalia said as she made a sharp dive for the citadel.

The_Thorn
02/15/2001 2:54 PM

The Black Claw wound his way down toward the dungeon. He knew it wouldn't be out in the open, but there was probably a hidden compartment or room around down there that held the object of his revenge.

TolkaninFaznin
02/15/2001 10:29 PM

Cai'de was pulled with upmost emergency toward the tower. Suddenly, her father's pendant had become very heavy. Her mind twitched anxiously.

((just throwing out an idea; do not feel obliged whatsoever to use it, but what if Cai'de's father's pendant was the key to obtain the relic? just a suggestion. it's late and i'm tired))

The_Thorn
02/17/2001 2:04 PM

The lizardman captain evetually found the dungeon. Cells lined the walls, some occupied, others weren't. The Black Claw couldn't tell if any were alive or not, but it didn't matter to the Claw. He wound his way around several corners, leaving the cells behind. The pull was becoming weaker, the spell was wearing off. He had to hurry. The lizardman increased his pace.

Furanthas
02/19/2001 2:44 PM

OOC: Sorry for the inexcusable lateness. My little sister messed with my comp and she completely screwed my programs. But I'm back now and just in time..

BIC: {Furanthas's eye's burst open. Standing without thought he ran and jumped off the ship. Freefalling for an instant he focused and cast his spell. His body began to reshape, and soon his massive dragon form was slicing through the air towards the citadel. Seeing the blinding light and the crystal dragons reflection spell a smile crease's his face. His eye's lower to the fleeing minotaurs, raising himself and increasing his speed he pull's up beside the crystal.}
"Sorry i'm late
I've been memorizing a new spell. You must continue to the relic I will meet up with you in a moment right now I'm just going to cause a little bit of panic."

{Reverting back into his human form Furanthas cast's a quick levitation spell. As the minotaurs begin to regroup he close's his eye's and begin's to visualize. As the elements and mental chant combine his eye's open suddenly. His arms tense as a deep green light flow about them. Focusing his mind harder the light begins to seap into his hands. Slowly in a barely contained yell he begins to speak aloud. As the chant fills the air like thunder, the light burst's into two semi large green globes.
The globe's are about the size of a human skull and are covered in a bright green fire. His gaze quickly flies towards the minotaurs as he brings his arm apart. once his arm's are stretched out he screams the last word of the spell and hurls his arms together palms facing the citadel. The two globes collide and burst with a light equal to the kenders flare. A beam of pure deep green screeches towards the citadels front, Furanthas struggles to control the force of the beam. The beam smash's into the courtyard were most of the minotaurs were regrouping, instanly a dome of green light about the size of a city block envolpes everything casting a green aura over all the visible citadel. Only a moment later the dome rumbles and explodes into a wave of burning green flames. everythin that was caught in it's wake dissintegrate's instantly. Relaxing his mind furanthas looks down upon the citadel, the scorched land is motionless not even skeletons can be seen. No smoke rise's only a deathly quiet like the silence after a massive storm. Feeling the drain on his power furanthas floats to the ground to catch his breath.}

"And that is what I have named the Nova beam.""Power comes with Discipline."

Furanthas
02/19/2001 3:37 PM

OOC: I've just noticed that everyone seems to have title now.
Example: Joe_ghostbuster
Guardian keeper.............

I'm wondering are these self proclaimed or are they aquired through number of posts's? What?
"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
02/20/2001 11:26 AM

ooc; Don't know about the titles . . .just that mine is wrong . . . I'm not a 'journeyman' . . .if i'm a journey-anything i'd be a Journywoman, or a journeyperson . . .jk!! I'm not that paranoid!

ig; Cai'de quivers with a mix of excitement and anticipation. The pull was not so strong now, but the chain on her father's pendant dug into her neck as they got closer to the citadel.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/20/2001 11:40 AM

OOC:Journeyman,Apprentice and those sort of title's are post acumalated.I'm a Gaurdian Keeper,becuase i'm a mod,its just a fancy name for the same thing.And I think Trade-master is Justicar,but i'm not sure.Ask Thorn.
Ghostbuster wakes up,miffed that no-one had roused him as he requested.He follows Cai'de,then runs ahead of her.After a while,he returns in a run."Hey,do you know its not a good idea to call Minoutars 'Hestor the Horn-pusher'?"he asks.
The kender doesn't wait for an answer, and runs quickly to an ajoining passage that leads down.He looks at it,then looks over his shoulder.Angry roars can be heard,though no-one is seen."Well,here goes nothing!"he shouts to Cai'de and runs down the passage.
"Fun is the purpose of life."-me

Furanthas
02/20/2001 1:52 PM

{Gazing across the now barren courtyard Furanthas runs towards the castle's main gate. Listening closely he hears nomerous minotaur's mooing and grunting, thinking quickly he Smiles and laugh's to himself. Reaching into one of his pouch's at his side he withdraws a peice of acrum gum, pulling some of his eye lash's out he mold the two ingredients together. Speaking a quick word he suddenly vanishs from veiw. Turning the corner he walks right into the open, looking around breifly he counts at least two dozen minotaurs crouched at either sides of the tall stone walls. Walking right past all of them he softly say's.}

"Furan!"

{Instantly he feel's the cold metal of his silver dragon staff. Pointing the crystal towards the hallway full of minotaurs he speaks again.}

"Kalith!"

{Suddenly the end of the staff release's a massive wave of fire that ingulfs all of the minotaurs. Hoar's screams and moans can be heard as the scared little cows scatter out, trampling the bodys of their fallen comrades.}
"I like my beef medium rare!"

{ A smug smile crease's his face as he turns and begin's his decent into the bowels of the castle.}

"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
02/20/2001 2:03 PM

OOC: All I know is that your title will change with the amount of posts you have.

The Black Claw discovers a hidden door. Finally, he thinks, I will have my revenge. He finds access to the portal only to discover that it only lead further into the keep, or maybe under. The lizardman enters, closing the door behind him.

Furanthas
02/20/2001 2:10 PM

{Standing at a four way intersection, Furanthas begins to wonder in which direction to go. Thinking quickly he Close's his eye's and begins to focus on his heart beat. The rythm slow's and a picture forms in his mind's eye. He can see Joe running down a dimly lit corridor. Opening his eye's he stay's focused on his heart beat, a pull to the right tells him where Joe is. Without a second thought he begin's to sprint in that direction.} "Power comes with Discipline."

Kalia_Majere
02/20/2001 9:39 PM

Kalia stays in her Dragon form long enough to ensure that the others had made it inside safely.

With a bright flash, she stood again in her human forml, Golden eyes searching, Silvery hair flowing in the wind.

She nodded once to herself then turned to enter the Citadel.

TolkaninFaznin
02/21/2001 12:05 AM

Cai'de watches Ghostbuster as he runs past . . .Kender! Her thoughts are broken, however, by a charging white minotaur. Cai'de is suddenly paralyzed with fear, however as the minotaur was ready to swing his blade she brought her arms up defensively . . .and the minotuar was thrown against the wall. Unsure of what had happened but taking advantage of the situation, Cai'de grabbed up the blade, hefting it awkwardly, and pointed the tip at the Minotuar. "Ghostbuster . . it's safe!"

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/21/2001 11:20 AM

Ghostbuster doesn't hear Cai'de shout to him.He continues running,until he enters a chamber filled with cages,cells."Hey,what are you people doing here?"he asks the prisoners.Getting no response,he shrugs and starts unlocking the cells.The inmates don't stop to thank him and run away."Guess they really need to pee."the kender ponders.
He continues, walking now,guided by his curiosity,and a strange feeling that something really interesting lies ahead.He heads down a circling stairway,goes through countless hidden and locked doors with no problem,and then finally see's something interesting.Footsteps!Clawed footsteps...
Ghostbuster summons a small light to shine his path,and follows them.
"Fun is the purpose of life."-me

The_Thorn
02/21/2001 11:36 AM

The Claw's spell had run out, but he heard someone following now. no doubt it was Cai'de. He would kill her, or maybe capture her again. The lizardman slunk around a crner and waited, ready to bash the person over the head with the hilt of his sword.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/21/2001 12:59 PM

Ghostbuster walks forward,towards a corner."Wait,the tracks have stopped,what happened?"he ponders to himself.He realizes just in time to say "Oh oh." before he is knocked out by The Claw's sword butt.
"Fun is the purpose of life."-me

Furanthas
02/21/2001 1:55 PM

{Furanthas turns a corner and almost runs into Cai'de. Seeing the minotaur unconcous up against the wall a look of disbelief cover's his face.}
"Well, well looks like you'r full of suprises. Come now we must hurry!"

{Suddenly the link between him and joe is severed. A wave of cold chills cover's his body, almost blacking out Furanthas shakes his head and holds onto conciousness. Knowing that the kender must of been knocked out Furanthas begins to run in the direction he last felt the kender was.}
"Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
02/21/2001 5:23 PM

Cai'de staggers behind, dragging the immense blade, then gives up and drops it, lifting her skirt and running swiftly after Furanthas. Something in the back of her mind started almost bubbling in excitement, like a ship that is finally reaching the shore of its christening. or a small trinket that has been carted around by kender for years but is finally on its way home to its former master.

The_Thorn
02/21/2001 9:13 PM

The Black Claw decided to change tactics. He had a hostage, a bargaining chip. He had the kender and he would trade his life for the relic, after the others found it for him. He grabbed the unconcious kender by his topnot and drug him off to a dark corner, attempting to hide from the rest of the following party.

TolkaninFaznin
02/22/2001 9:41 AM

ooc; Furanthas, I'm going to minimmally auto your chara here. Usually I try not to, but since you said you had been cut off from Ghostbuster and was guessing as to the direction of his dissapeareance, I feel this won't mess things up too badly. If it does, I appolozie, and will edit this post accordingly.

ic; Furanthas and Cai'de follow on Ghostbuster's trail, however the Mage passes right by the dark corner. Cai'de's mind was nearly shouting as she looked into the shadows, Furanthas already far up ahead. There was something there . . .something important. The Black Claw part of her mind, the same part which had levitated the lizardman from death, was the same part that worked now, drawing her near him.

"Ghostbuster?" She said tentively, though it wasn't the kender that her mind sought.

The_Thorn
02/22/2001 11:15 AM

The liardman kept a claw over the unconcious kenders mouth. He didn't respond, instead he waited for Cai'de to come closer.

[Edited by The_Thorn on Thursday, February 22, 2001 11:16 AM]

Furanthas
02/22/2001 2:31 PM

{ Suddenly feeling like a trapped rat Furanthas stop's at a two way hall. Looking behind him he is startled to see that Cai'de was not there. Quickly retracing his step's he eventually returns to within sight of Cai'de. Watching from a distance he notice's that she is intently stairing down a rather dark corridor.}
"Cai'de? Have you found something?"

{Moving closer Furanthas stands next to her and gazes down the hallway.}

"Do you feel something?"

{Seeing the look she flash's him, Furanthas diside's to best be on the safe side. Reaching into one of his secret pockets he slowly take's out a glow red orb. The orb is about the size of an orange and give off a dim red light, but when one looks directly into the orb the light gets brighter.}

"If there is something down there, I hope for it's sake it has sun glass's."

{Switching the orb from his left to his right he grab's Cai'de by the arm and bring's her up against the wall. Covering her face with the fold's of his silver robe he toss's the orb backwards down the dark hallway.}

"Sular!" He speaks quickly.

{Instantly everything within eye sight is ingulfed in the brightest red light. The flash blinds all that layed eyes upon the light, covering their eyes with a screen of bright white and red. After only a moment the light subsides and darkness returns to the halls. Removing his hood and releasing Cai'de from his grip, Furanthas turns and looks down the hall as if expecting some horrible creature to come flying out at them. But after a moment all that is heard is the faint scratching of claws on the stone floor.}

"It's OK to look now. I've had that crystal flare ball for age's, finally it come's in handy."A bit of sarcasum filled his tone.

"I hear the claw!"

"You don't think?"

{Seeing the possibilty click in Cai'de's face they both slowly creeped down the hall. Feeling the walls for guidence. Finally the darkness receded as they entered a well lit room. Looking about for only a moment his eye is caught by two huge golden doors.}

"I think we're here?" His voice deep and solem.

OOC: It's quiet alright to take control when it can help the quest. Do not feel bad what's done is done eh!.

"Power comes with Discipline."

[Edited by Furanthas on Thursday, February 22, 2001 2:39 PM]

The_Thorn
02/22/2001 7:44 PM

The Black Claw had seen the man that bested him last time reach into his pocket and the lizardman hadn't waited around to see what would happen. He drug the kender around a corner. Taking further precautions, the lizardman gagged Ghostbuster, then bound his hands. The Claw looked back around the corner but the two weren't there. He proceded to Drag the kender down the hall in the direction of the voices.

Joe_Ghostbuster
02/23/2001 3:49 PM

The unconcious Ghostbuster dreams...
Paladine stands before him."Fizzy!"the kender shouts,and runs to hug the god.The god of good accepts the hug with a long suffering expression and then lowers himself to his knee's to get eye to eye with the kender.
"Ghostbuster Lillypad,I must entrust upon you now a great mission.If you do this,i'll..."the cleric looks expectantly at the god.He sighs,and mutters something about 'even gods shouldn't mess with kenders'."I'll teach you a new spell."the god finishes.
At Ghostbusters joyful expression,Paladine smiles at last."All right,this is what you have to do.First you wake up..."
OOC:I know this is hard,but somone has to describe the magic relic thingy.Just Remember,it has something to do with blood.Ooh,and now I have a plot!
"Fun is the purpose of life."-me

Mertonius
02/25/2001 9:31 PM

OOC: Does any one here remmember the whole point of this story? Find the freaking treasure to save another world. The one who finds the treasure gets an amazing title as "World Savior" and all that stuff. Just find the treasure before time runs out and an entire world perish! And oh yeah, keep the Black Claw from getting the treasure for he would surely use it to conquer the whole world and bring devastation to all... Have a Nice day :)

OOC: Oh my, Joe what are you doing with that knife? Joe this isn't funny. Keep that knife away from me.. Joe... Joe... Keep that knife away from me... No.. No... Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!! (the sound from the movie Psycho.)Suddenly, there was a flash of light. And then there was..........Me

Furanthas
02/26/2001 12:27 PM

{Sensing the power of the relic, Furanthas begins reciting the mission to himself.}

"I have a feeling that the Claw is going to try a I'll give you mine if I get your's trick. Be ready for anything!"

{Looking warily at Cai'de.}"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
02/28/2001 12:34 PM

The Claw sat in the shadows, waiting. Cai'de and Furanthas seemed to be just standing in front of the door. What was taking those two idiots so long? The lizardman was becoming impatient. He wanted his revenge and he wanted it soon.

Kalia_Majere
03/01/2001 11:06 AM

Kalia stepped out of the shadows to step close to Cai'de. Her Golden eyes luminus in the dim light. She held the Staff of Magius Tightly in her hand, the Crystal at the top giving out a steady pale glow.

She leans close to Furanthas, whispering so very softly in the language of the Dragons of light.

"What I think is my friend, The Claw is going to try to kill you both, here and now....don't turn around, for he is right behind you both."

She looked pleadingly at Cai'de, knowing fully that she could not understand her.

Furanthas
03/01/2001 12:46 PM

{Nodding sligtly to show that he understood. Furanthas began to walk slowly into the room, waving the others to follow. At the same time Begining a telepathy spell. Closing his eyes, he begins speaking through his mind.}

"Cai'de and Kalia I have a plan. But neither of you must give any sign of knowing about it. Cai'de you will lead me into the room with the relic. Kalia you guard the golden doors. Once inside and Cai'de has the relic I'll put a rather interesting illusion spell on this orb."

{Retrieving a small green orb that looks like a ball of jelly, Furanthas holds it infront of him so only they can see.}

{Once again speaking in telepathic messages}

"He will think he has won, but as he leave's I'll activate the orb and it will knock him out. We will then take the relic and the Claw and return quickly to the ship. Do both of you understand?"
"Power comes with Discipline."

The_Thorn
03/01/2001 2:11 PM

The Claw watched, they were finally entering the room. Well, all of them except one. The lizardman could deal with that problem.

TolkaninFaznin
03/02/2001 9:01 AM

Cai'de enters cautiously, hesitantly. Her 'Black Claw' Instincts tried to pull her back, but she fought against the strange feelings and continues further into the room. Her heart beats heavily in her head.

Kalia_Majere
03/02/2001 6:59 PM

Kalia nods slightly, then proceeds to stand near the doors, a Pale, misty aura began to spread slowly from her hands to engulf her entire body. Although the aura was pale the power was strong.

The_Thorn
03/02/2001 7:13 PM

The Claw continues to wait, making sure the kender was still unconcious. He would make his move after he was sure the others had found the relic for him.

TolkaninFaznin
03/04/2001 5:49 PM

Cai'de looked around the room, then at Furanthas. ((ooc; what's the room look like? Is the relic on a pedestal or is it hidden? What exactly does it LOOK like??))~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

Furanthas
03/06/2001 12:51 PM

OOC:I think I have a pretty good idea.

BIC:
{Furanthas quickly scans the dimly lit room. Its shape looks spherical, but it points near the top. Almost resembling a tear. Focusing his eyes into the middle of the room he notices the shimmering blood red stand.}

"I belive that would be the relic."

{Moving closer, Furanthas is astonished to see that the stand is ornately carved into the form of an out streched hand. And in the middle of the open hand, Buryed deep into the palm sat the Relic. Its Crystalyine form giving of a shimmering red light. Relic resembles a drop of blood, its pointed end stuck inside the palm of the stand. Looking closely one can see a redish blue liquid swirling inside of the relic.}

" I think now would be the time to summon as much courage as you can! Do not fear though. We are right behind you.""Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
03/07/2001 12:46 PM

Cai'de hesitantly follows Furanthas, then looks at the Relic. How'd this end up as my job? She thought. She took a deep breath and stepped as closely as she dared. "Do I just pick it up or what?" She asked, almost jokingly, though still slightly strained. She was afraid. The Black Claw instincts pulled ever more furiously at her mind.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

Kalia_Majere
03/07/2001 10:26 PM

Kalia watched as calmly as she could, trying to keep an eye out for anything outside the chamber. As she glanced back at the corridor, she noticed a darker shadow amung the shadows.

'hey' she whipsered in Cia'de and Furanthas's minds 'I think we have company'

she turned her attent back and forth between the corridor, sweeping it with her golden eyes first then glancing back into the room, betraying nothing that she had seen.

Furanthas
03/09/2001 2:09 PM

{Seeing Cai'des hesitation, and hearing the warning from Kalia. Furanthas urges Cai'de on softly.}

"Do not fear the relic. I believe you have the will to posses it."

"Just take it from the stand then hold it infront of me.""Power comes with Discipline."

TolkaninFaznin
03/09/2001 3:24 PM

Cai'de nods, slightly, then approaches the stand. Taking a deep breath, she reaches over and pulls the Relic out of its resting place and lets it sit gentally in her hand. She carefully turns to Furanthas. "Now what???" She whisperes, perhaps somewhat desperately.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

The_Thorn
03/09/2001 3:51 PM

The Claw decided to make his move. He materialized out of the shadows, dragging Ghostbuster by his topknot. "I know the relic is in there," he hisses at the one he's never seen. "If you don't let me have it, this one dies. Or, perhaps we can come up with a different arrangement." Having formulated a new plan on the spot.

Kalia_Majere
03/09/2001 4:47 PM

Kalia glared at The Claw, her Golden eyes gleaming in the dim light. Although she liked the Kender, Kalia shook her head.

"As much as I like Ghostbuster, the fate of this world is more important than the life of a single kender."

She struck her staff sharply on the stone floor, the sound echoed throughout the chamber.

TolkaninFaznin
03/10/2001 8:24 AM

Cai'de's Black Claw instincts suddenly surged, and she looked bewildered to the door. "Kalia?!" She called, suddenly no longer aware of the need to whisper. Clasping the relic tightly, she siftly approached the door and looked in on Kalia.

"Kalia, I think . . .oh . . ." She looked at Black Claw and Ghostbuster. "You let go of him!!" She wanted to attack, but for the first time in her life, she didn't know how.

Outside a storm had begun to form.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

Furanthas
03/10/2001 1:08 PM

{Hearing the boom of Kalias staff. and feeling the surge of oncoming power Furanthas mind raced of possibility's. Seeing Cai'de begining to stride towards the door he reacts instantly. Without movement he is standing next to Cai'de. Watching as the claws eyes focus on the relic, anger fillshis mind.}

"Now that you see it what is your proposal?"

{Raising one of his brows in question.}

"Furan"He softly says.

{The silver dragon staff appears out of thin air infront of him. Floating softly into his grasp. The crystal flame at the top giving off a bright red light.}
"Power comes with Discipline."

Joe_Ghostbuster
03/11/2001 3:21 PM

Ghostbuster wakes up."Hey everybody!Whats happening?"he looks at the Claw,twisitng his head."Hey,you look famaliar.I'm Ghostbuster Lillypad kender cleric extra-ordinaire,who are you?"
"Fun is the purpose of life."-me

The_Thorn
03/11/2001 6:51 PM

The Claw stares at them, ignoring Ghostbuster. "Fine," says the lizardman. "I don't want the relic anymore. I just want her," he says pointing ant Cai'de. "Her for the kender. She was mine to begin with, before you stole her."

TolkaninFaznin
03/12/2001 2:22 AM

Cai'de looks at the Black Claw with confusion and disguts. Mostly confused. In fact, she's so confused she doesn't have any extra emotion left over to look disgusted. She cocks her head; "huh? Why on earth would you want me? cant you find any other pathetic life forms to suck essence from???"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

The_Thorn
03/13/2001 3:14 PM

The Claw looked at Cai'de. "Your soul will be mine. Always. I already have part of it. What do you think was running my ship?" he asks, holding up a green spiral amulet that radiated power. "So will you trade your life for a friends?"

TolkaninFaznin
03/13/2001 11:27 PM

Cai'de looked at Black Claw, hate and disgust in her eyes, but she turns to Furanthas and hands him the Relic.

"what else am I to do?" She whispers to him.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

Furanthas
03/14/2001 11:32 AM

{Taking the relic from the confused Cai'de Furanthas lays his stare flat on black claw.}

"You say you want her soul? just to power your raggedy old ship. That is quiet pathetic really."

{Furanthas begins to pace back and forth. Placeing the relic into one of his pockets, he then remove's a glowing green orb from the other.}

"All that you want is a power source. Correct? Then I propose a more reasonable trade. I will give you this orb of eternal. For you to return the kender, and to realease Cai'des soul. You need not worry about energy as long as you belive you have it."

{Holding the orb out in his hand. Furanthas focuse's and wills the glob to grow brighter.}

"The more energy you beleive it has it will create. This is no little trinket. In fact I retrieved that from a quiet powerful renegade mage. Although I had to dismember him before he would stop struggling, it was well worth it."

{Looking once again directly into Claws snakelike eyes. Furanthas hold out the orb.}

"Once and only once will I offer.""Power comes with Discipline."

Kalia_Majere
03/14/2001 11:57 AM

Kalia stood in the middle between The Claw and Furanthas. Her golden eyes glanced back and forth between the two her gaze lingering on Ghostbuster, Her heart ached from the harsh words that she had spoken, but her mind knew her words rang true.

She stood there wondering what part that she had in this rampant adventure, and athough she had no true Idea as to what was going on, she knew that fate had brought her here.

The_Thorn
03/14/2001 5:47 PM

"No deal," hisses the Claw. "With the girl I get a sure thing. Yours could be a trick. I will back track through the castle with her. Once we are outside, I'll release this," he says, shaking the kender.

Kalia_Majere
03/14/2001 10:17 PM

Kalia glared at The Claw.

(He's Lying) she sent silently to Furanthas, her golden eyes glowing softly from the light of her staff. The amythyst crystal pulsed slowly, like itself was a living crwature.

(He has no intention of letting the Kender Cleric go.)

she stood silent, and still, keeping her eyes on The Claw, wondering franticaly what she could do, hoping that Furanthas had a plan....

TolkaninFaznin
03/14/2001 11:04 PM

Cai'de liked kenders. She had known a couple, once, and somehow Ghostbuster seemed slightly familiar. She hesitatnly approached Black Claw.

"It shall be so." She said, not hearing any other suggestions.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The biggest difference between you and God is that God doesn't think he's you."

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com