[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > Renegade

Pages: [1] 2
Cherizal
08/27/2003 10:59 AM

OOC: Hello everybody! I've been lurking on this forum for a while reading most of the threads and enjoying the stories. Now I would like to join in somewhere, but I've found it kind of hard. Most of the stories are getting complicated or there are already too many characters, or all the characters are somehow related to each other. So I decided to start a new thread. I haven't got a real plot, it's mostly like the beginning of a new adventure that can develop in different ways depending on the characters and the people playing them. I really hope this can work and that many of you will join the new story. And one more thing, I apologize for any grammar or spelling disasters, but English is not my mother tongue. If it's hard to understand the meaning of something I write, please let me know and I will try to explain it in some other way.

And now to the plot...
-----------

Ergoth has been conquered by a renegade wizard, probably with the help of queen Takhisis or some other powerful ally. None of the people that have tried to travel into Ergoth lately has returned. A magic shield protects the land from the eyes and the ears of the rest of the world. Noone knows what's going on, but it is important to find out before it gets too late.

The conclave of mages is reunited in the tower of high sorcery in Wayreth to discuss this matter and others.

The head of the conclave has a request.
"It is of extreme importance to find out what's going on in Ergoth in order to be prepared for the worse. These are dark times and queen Takhisis may attempt to turn the balance in her favor one more time. I'm aware that this is a dangerous mission from which there might be no return. There are a couple of warriors ready to go on this mission and I've decided to ask to conclave if there are any volounteers who wish to join them. A black robe, a red robe and a white robe. But I will understand if noone wishes to go".

OOC: I will play a red robe, so we need at least a black robe (a dark elf would be perfect), a white robe and a couple of warriors. And the renegade + maybe some of his friends/servants. I would prefer if all the characters were mortals.

Cherizal
08/27/2003 11:10 AM

Cherizal hadn't been listening so carefully to the head of the conclave, as she found his talking quite boring. But she was suddenly very interested when she heard about the situation in Ergoth.

Since she had left Silvanesti some years before, she had been travelling around without finding another place that she could call home. She had grown weary and tired and she welcomed every possibility to risk her life, to use her talents for a cause, trying in this way to ease the pain that was killing her inside.

She raised from her seat and stepped before the head of the conclave.
"I'm ready to go" The expression in her blue eyes was determined, her voice showed no emotions.

"Very well, Cherizal Sølvstjerne. Anyone else?"

QueshuWarrior
08/27/2003 11:57 AM

OOC: May I join. Im an extremely experienced RPer! But I want to be Dungeon Master!

BIC: Warrior Dave walked through the door of the tower of high sorcery in Wayreth. He opened the door to the meeting room where they were having a meeting.

Warrior Dave walked into the light.

"I am Warrior Dave! Behold Warrior Dog!" Warrior Dave shouted. A dog with scale armor on walked through the door into the meeting room.

"Prepare to die renegade mage! I am coming for you now!" Warrior Dave shouted. He walked over to the red robed mage and slapped her across the face.

"I am Warrior Dave, you will listen to my orders on this quest, do you understand!" Warrior Dave commanded.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Flandrake
08/27/2003 12:11 PM

OOC: Welcome Cherizal, you seem to be a lot better at rping than some other new people who have joined these boards. I have a few questions to ask and depending on the answers is what character I'll play.

1. Is it North and South Ergoth or just one of them?

2. Is there a certain place where you would like the dark elf from?

3. What kind of friends/servants does the renegade have?

4. Would you like the renegade's troops to be mortal as well?

5. What time period is this in?

(for Queshu)6. Do you want to control the renegade as well?

Most of the answers will probably be whatever I want but it's safe to check because I have several characters that would work. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

[Edited by Flandrake on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 12:13 PM]

Avenging_Angel
08/27/2003 12:43 PM

OOC: Welcome to the boards Cherizal!:D
I don't have any characters that are mages, but I'll come up with someone that'll fit. This thread looks interesting.Btw queshu, whoever starts the thread is the DM.
"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Flandrake
08/27/2003 12:49 PM

OOC:

Btw queshu, whoever starts the thread is the DM.


That is not true if Cherizal has no problem with it than Queshu can be the DM. The person who starts the thread has the final authority but is not always the DM. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
08/27/2003 1:21 PM

OOC: Hello again and thanks for welcoming me :)
I'll try to answer all your questions now!

Flandrake:
1. Both north and south Ergoth
2. It doesn't matter, better not from Silvanesti though, as Cherizal is a Silvanesti elf herself.
3. It's up to you and the other players
4. It doesn't matter, they can be mortal or not
5. After the war of the lance, but before the war of chaos

Avenging angel:
Your character doesn't need to be a mage, he/she can be a warrior or another kind of adventurer that join the mages.

Queshu:
Warrior Dave can't enter the tower like that. And I guess you know :)
I would like this to be a serious story and I don't think Warrior Dave and his dog fit in.

I don't mind letting another player being the DM, as long as the story doesn't become a parody.

QueshuWarrior
08/27/2003 3:29 PM

OOC: I was just playing Cherizal. Welcome to the forums. Welcome to the forums! The whole "I wanna be dungeon master!" was just a joke too.

Flan is right, your good for a new member. You really are devoted it seems since you read a lot of the other threads and it is very noticeable. :)

I would like to join this thread, if thats okay with you. Dont worry, Warrior Dave is not a real character of mine...just Warrior Dog! Hahahaha!

Also, its easy for mages to enter into this story, but for other classes, it is quite difficult. Perhaps after the three mages are gathered, they can go down to recruit fighters from cities, or they can be summoned to the Tower.


BIC: It was morning in Solace. The markets were busy as usual. Jalen Stone paced about, his odd features covered by a green hooded cloak. The occasional passerby caught a glimpse of his gray skin and would stare in horror, causing Jalen to pull his cloak tighter. Those that knew him understood his reasons.

Jalen Stone, as the name goes, has grey, rock hard skin. He does not know anything about his life before he was in Solace. He was told he was left on the door steps of a home in the vallenwood trees of Solace when he was just a baby. The women, Eralin, who cared for him lived alone, and much wanted another person in her life. She was only eighteen at the time and managed to feed and care for her new baby. Nobody else in town wanted anything to do with Jalen. They took one look into those emerald green eyes, surrounded by grey rough skin, and they would turn in disgust. Eralin, seeing the best sides of Jalen through his childhood, did not care that he was different. When Jalen was fourteen however, he started to grow an attitude and hated the world. He was cruel to Eralin, the only friend he had. Jalen was attending school at the time and would get into fist fights at least once a week. When he was sixteen, the anger subsided, or it seemed. Jalen was just too tired to hate anymore. He made some friends but did not trust but a few people. Jalen was respected for his strength. If people didnt like him or thought he was a freak from the Abyss, they wouldnt say so. Having what seemed to be skin of stone, Jalen was very hard to beat in a fight.

Jalen decided to leave home for a while at the age of twenty. He joined the Palanthas Guard and got good military training. He was top in his class since he did not have to worry about the weight of armor nor having to hold a shield. His favorite weapons to wield were a one sided hand axe in his right hand and a club (3 foot long shaft and a wooden sphere on the end) in his off hand. After fighting for five years with his off hand involved in the combat, Jalen has become almost equally strong with both arms. Jalen was also known to have a rage when fighting. This rage came from years of rejection and hate stored deep inside him. He had learned to control it. Jalen was always being transfered to better training schools because of his abilities. He entered many tournaments where any race was allowed and you could only use physical ability. He came in third in some of these. If his skin was struck hard enough, it had the tendency to get cut just let everyone elses skin. But, like everyone elses skin, it would heal with time. Because Jalen transferred to so many different schools, he got to see much of the world.

Jalen was now back in Solace after seven years. He was twenty seven. He was heading for the Inn of The Last Home. After walking up the winding stairs, Jalen opened the door. Sounds of laughter and conversation filled his ears. Jalen stepped in and there was a moment of silence as everyone stared at him. One man bearing a sword put his hand to his sword hilt. Jalen admitted he did look rather suspicious with his face concealed and all. Jalen grabbed his hood and pulled it off. The townsfolk all gasped and stared in awe. He walked over to an empty table. He heard people whispering his name and who he was. Jalen sat down and everyone got back to their normal conversation. So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 3:39 PM]

Cherizal
08/28/2003 12:41 AM

OOC:


OOC: I was just playing Cherizal. Welcome to the forums. Welcome to the forums! The whole "I wanna be dungeon master!" was just a joke too.


I thought so, but I couldn't be sure as I don't know you :)


Flan is right, your good for a new member. You really are devoted it seems since you read a lot of the other threads and it is very noticeable. :)


Thanks, both of you. I just don't want to make a fool out of myself, so I prefer to collect all the info I can before joining something!


I would like to join this thread, if thats okay with you. Dont worry, Warrior Dave is not a real character of mine...just Warrior Dog! Hahahaha!


You are very welcome!


Also, its easy for mages to enter into this story, but for other classes, it is quite difficult. Perhaps after the three mages are gathered, they can go down to recruit fighters from cities, or they can be summoned to the Tower.


Well, the head of the conclave said that there were two warriors ready to go to Ergoth, so I thought that the forest of Wayreth could just find them as soon as the three mages were found. And there could be more people who have joined the warriors (a kender is almost a "must"), it just depends on the players! Or the group can meet someone else on the way to Ergoth. I think there are a lot of possibilities :)
P.S: Is Jalen human?

QueshuWarrior
08/28/2003 6:40 AM

OOC: Yes, Jalen is human. I think I can fix this...


BIC: Jalen had finished his meal and was making his way out the door when a man wearing black robes bumped into him, slipping a letter in Jalens hands in the process.

"Today." The man whispered in his ear sharply. The mage continued through the door as if nothing happened. Jalen looked at the mage suspiciously then to the letter. He walked down the spiral staircase and was once again walking through the market. He was now walking towards Crystalmir Lake.

When he got there, Jalen opened up the letter and started reading it...

"Jalen Stone,
You have been summoned to the Tower of High Sorcery in Wayreth. You must come as soon as you recieve this letter. More will be explained when you arrive."

Jalen looked up from the piece of paper and jumped back as before him was a line of trees lurking over him. Jalen knew this was the forest of Wayreth. He entered the treeline and the open space behind him was closed by shifting trees. Before him was a path made by the trees, which seemed to be moving. Jalen slowly crept forward, constantly aware of his surroundings. The trees behind him crept forward, closing up the space he made between the two of them. Jalen began to jog down the path and it soon became a sprint. After a minute or two of running, Jalen saw a gate at the end of the treeline. The trees stopped moving behind him and it was once again a line of trees, the path was gone. Jalen couldnt go anywhere but through the gate.

Then Jalen noticed the tower. He gasped in awe. It was surrounded by the forest. Jalen walked up a set of stairs and was at the door. He knocked and waited. Nobody answered. He pulled on a handle and the door opened, much to Jalens confusion. Jalen stepped into the tower and was suddenly in a room of mages sitting in a circle. Their faces were darkened and the only light was covering a large area in the middle of the room, which the mages surrounded. Jalen turned around and opened the door behind him. The doors swung open and behind them was a dark corridor. Jalen, in wide eyed shock, turned back to the mages. He took his club and hand axe out of his belt.

"Why have you summoned me?!" Jalen asked entering the light and looking around the room, holding his weapons up, ready for anything. His green eys were illuminated in the light and his grey skin was visible, for he was not wearing his cloak anymore. Underneath his cloak he had no armor, just a green vest over a white buttoned down shirt. Covering his legs were simple brown breeches going down to his shins. He had a belt that held holdsters for his two weapons. In the belt was also a pouchSo let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Thursday, August 28, 2003 6:48 AM]

Cherizal
08/28/2003 8:52 AM

OOC: Cool description, Queshu!
I hope some more people will join soon so we can go on with the story.

I have one more question: does Jalen know about Ergoth and the mission? I had at first assumed that the warriors had decided to go to Ergoth and that the mages would be joining them a bit later, but then reading your post I couldn't be sure about what Jalen knows/wants and I need to know so the head of the conclave can give him a proper answer. Thanks.

gait_firestorm
08/28/2003 10:16 AM

Azkur, a dark elf, watched Jalen from a chair behind the mages. "Guess he doesnt know about the mission..." he whispered to himself. He had travled from Caergoth after his mission to Neraka. Apparently it didnt go to well. Azkur recieved a letter from the conclave. ( like Jalen)
Azkur watched Jalen hesitate. The mages of white and red robes came for him. He watched Jalen for one more brief moment then turned to talk to his partner. A kender.
"It looks like we have a new partner, Sitara." Sitara was a female kender that had traveled with him from Caergoth. Sitara only giggled."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
08/28/2003 10:43 AM

OOC: Hi Gait and thanks for joining! Wow, a dark elf and a kender travelling together. That's cool! Could you please write me a couple of lines about Azkur and his skills? Thank you!
I will post some more and get us out of the tower as soon as we've found a black robe and a white robe. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and if no one joins I will be playing the two other mages as well.

gait_firestorm
08/28/2003 10:54 AM

OOC: Azkur was a Silvanesti elf cast from the light, which makes him a dark elf. He wields a broad sword and a mace. He is about 6'1'' and his hair is platinum. Sitara is a look alike of most kender. Only shes a girl, i dont know how else to explain Sitara. Azkur can use some sorcery and he has a strong history of helping the people in Ergoth.
Is that it? Need anymore info? And thanks for accepting my characters into the story."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Avenging_Angel
08/28/2003 11:58 AM

OOC: Cherizal, can I join? Here's my character
Name:Shadela Kyilanaer
Race: Dargonesti-cast-out elven
Sex:female
hair:Black
Skin:slightly bluish gray, darker then most elves.
History:She was cast out from her tribe for letting a human castaway group die during the blue lady's war. The humans had been sent by Highlord Kitiara as clever spies on the dargonesti.None of the elves except her knew this, and none believed her, so she was cast out.(by the way, her mother was half-lucanesti, so she's one fourth, and because she's mixed blood, most elves would consider her, an 'abomination')

By the way, what time period is this in? WoS? "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:06 PM]

Flandrake
08/28/2003 11:59 AM

OOC: I have a really good idea for the villian and his officers.

IC: "Sir we have finished setting up the minning operation in the North," Diaz bowed.

"Good, we are moving faster that I thought. What about the rebels?"


"They are being chased to the barrier we will have them soon," Diaz was a beast of a man but feared his master, feared his power.

"Has the conclave made their move yet?"

"We will recieve word as soon as they send out anyone."

"Ash, get ready to move out," a figure nodded his head.

"I will need to prove myself to them, Fin'lar," the figure stepped out into the light his almond eyes shutting for a moment.

"Fern will be their first obstical. And remember Ash, she is expendable," Fin'lar smiled.

"As you wish, I'll leave now," Ash stepped over to a round jewl being held buy a pedestal. He rubed it and thought of Fern. The ground was swept from his feet and he felt as if he was falling. He landed in a command tent a woman eating.

"Has the conclave made their move yet?"

"No, but we need to work out our plans for the desecption," Ash sat down across from her and powered himself some wine.

OOC: I hope this is okay, if it works out I think this will be a very interesting story. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
08/28/2003 12:07 PM

OOC: Thanks for the info, Gait! Just more thing... Why was Azkur exiled? And how does he feel about being an exile? Sorry about all these questions but I would like to have a clear picture of all the characters and their personality :)



[Edited by Cherizal on Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:10 PM]

Cherizal
08/28/2003 12:19 PM

OOC: Angel, of course you can join! I just need to know which skills Shadela has got. We have to decide if we are going to join her on the way to Ergoth or if she has been summoned by the conclave. What would you prefer?
We are in the period between the war of the lance and the war of chaos.

Flandrake, I'm happy to read that you've had a good idea about the villains. Perfect! I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm getting excited about this story :)) We just need two more mages...

Avenging_Angel
08/28/2003 12:50 PM

OOC: Okay cherizal. Umm, Shadela, being part lucanesti, can see veins of opals and water,and she can breathe under water, because she's part dargonesti, and she turns into an opal colored dolphin, because she's dargonesti. She uses a crossbow and a staff and spear-pole-axe thing. Maybe she can have a lover in the tower of high sorcery, a former red-robe who's a black robe, and he can go with them, and fix it up for her to go along. I'll play them both."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
08/28/2003 1:48 PM

OOC:


Maybe she can have a lover in the tower of high sorcery, a former red-robe who's a black robe, and he can go with them, and fix it up for her to go along. I'll play them both.


Fine! Then you can introduce the black robe and make him volounteer for the mission!

gait_firestorm
08/28/2003 2:49 PM

Azkur was caught killing a few prophets of the Silvanesti kingdom. He was cast out of darkness and no one knows why... Well you do, but not in the story. Oh and i will ask if i missed something. I usually do so fill me in on stuff. I want to have tons of fun with this one."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

[Edited by gait_firestorm on Thursday, August 28, 2003 2:54 PM]

QueshuWarrior
08/28/2003 3:25 PM

OOC: No, Cherizal, Jalen does not know why he was summoned, therefore he asked. And Gait, is Azkur a mage? You said he knew some sorcery. If thats the case, then you cant wield a broadsword or a mace.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Kalia_Majere
08/28/2003 3:30 PM

OOC: I don't mean to butt in...but a person doesn't have to be a mage to know magic...look at Gilthas from the chronicles... raislin himself said that he was a dabbler, not a real mage, yet he could perform minor magics. Though you are right if the char is a mage then he cant use those type of weapons, only a dagger...and only as a last resort...

gait_firestorm
08/28/2003 4:22 PM

OOC: well lets just say that...Azkur used to be a mage. He gave up that life for a better one. He bacame a ranger, alright?"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Flandrake
08/28/2003 5:49 PM


OOC: well lets just say that...Azkur used to be a mage. He gave up that life for a better one. He bacame a ranger, alright?


He would have never taken the test then. If magic wasn't his life then the conclave would never have let him take the test. But let's say you did take the test but left to become a ranger, you would be considered a renegade mage.

Now you say that Azkur used to be a mage. I consider to be a mage you must take the test other wise you are termed a dabbler.

Also, are you going to say why your character killed the prophets in the story? If not please tell us in 'ooc'.

I'll play a white robe but he can always leave or something can happen if someone else wishes to play a white robe. But I'm sure they'd much rather play their own characters.

IC: Eve kept silent waited for other mages to stand forward and accept this challange. None came aside from the red robe pherhaps the mages didn't someone else to come to make them feel more comfortable about joining. But who would that person be?

As she was thinking a "rock" man appered before the conclave,'So this is the one Justaris was talking about, Jalen.' she wondered what would cause a human to have rock like skin.

"Greetings Jalen, you need not fear us," Justaris began,"I have had my eye on you for some time. I was wondering why you are the way you are. I have also brought you here to ask for your help. You see, there is a renegade mage that has enslaved both North and South Ergoth," Justaris stopped and motioned to Eve.

Eve was in deep thought and didn't see Justaris wave to her. Several moments passed. Finally another white robe sitting next to her nudged her," Eve finish explaining things to Jalen," he whispered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Eve sat upright the faced Jalen,"As Justaris said we would like to ask for your help. Fin'lar, the renegade will expect the conclave to send mages to stop him. Which we are going to do but with creating an entrance into the barrier and traveling such a distance we would need warriors who use the sword instead of magic. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them, Jalen," Eve awaited Jalen's reply.
So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

QueshuWarrior
08/28/2003 7:01 PM

Jalen took in all of the mages words. He put his axe and club back in his belt, realizing he could do nothing without being burned to ash or zapped with lightning.

"As far as my skin goes and why I am like this, I have no clue. All I can tell you is that mages have tried to dispel it and there has been no effect. I was left on a door step when I was just a couple months old. My guardian says i've been like this ever since." Jalen explained.

"As far as the mission, I want to know whats in it for me? And then I'll think about it!" Jalen said harshly with a furrowed brow, not liking being toyed around with and watched by everyone.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Avenging_Angel
08/28/2003 7:11 PM

IC: Airin was walking down the corridor slowly. His black robes fluttered about, like bat's on the wings of a storm. His brown-blonde hair was cut close to his head, and he kept running his hand through it. He was trying to decide what he should say to tell that he wanted to be part of the group going to ergoth. He had to go. And he was taking Shadela with him.Shadela. Every time he thought of her, his pulse quickened, and he flushed. He loved her passionately, but they could never be completely together. Why did he love her? They could have no life together. If he was completely human, they could.


But his secret, that no one in the conclave knew, because his gods hid it from them, was that he wasn't human. Not totally. He glanced down at his right fore-arm. the tell tale mark was there. The small patch of grey scales. Another patch his lower back. His great-grandmother had been a naga. And his other secret, hand in hand with that his great- grandfather had been a shape-shifter in the service of cursed ones. The mark on his right shoulder, a dim one, but visible. The mark was a faded picture of a jewel studded dragon, fast asleep. He couldn't shape shift, but using his magic to enhance it, he could change his face and hands. His secret, that no one ever must know.

No one had, until Shadela. she had recognized the scales and the mark for what they were. And excepted it. As he excepted her slightly opal-colored skin. Only one person before had ever known. And he would never tell. The dead of shoikan tell no secrets, for no tongue is given to the damned.

He arrived at the room. He composed his face., and knocked on the door. Justarius and the others were inside. "Enter." He walked in, and took his place.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadela had slipped out of the tower. Hidden in a garden, right beneath the window to arins rooms, was a garden with a pond. She had shed her clothes as a dargonesti, and was swimming. The moonlight shone brightly. She closed her eyes, and enjoyed how the moonlight looked opal colored through them. She dived in with a splash. She wondered hopw Airin was doing. "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Thursday, August 28, 2003 7:14 PM]

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Thursday, August 28, 2003 7:17 PM]

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 8:58 AM]

gait_firestorm
08/28/2003 7:13 PM

Azkur watched the meeting of the conclave go to session. "Very interesting..." he whispered. Sitara, playing with her topknot, giggled at Azkur again.

"Dont you think that we will get good pay out of this?" Azkur looked around at all the mages. "This isnt for money...this is the kind of mission i like."

Azkur watched patiently for the meeting to end. But then he saw something he didnt expect. A vision. There stood before him was the conclave meeting room but it was empty and burning. On one side of the table a robed wizard was holding a man up by the color of his vest.

Then a white flash exploded and Azkur screamed. Everyone looked at him."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
08/29/2003 1:02 AM

OOC: I would like people to read all the posts before coming with a new character. First of all I wrote that I only want mortals to be part of the group going to Ergoth: no dragons, no demigods. I think it's much more fun that way.

Then Angel had already said that she was going to play the black robe. So Princess, you are very welcome to join, but can't you find another character and join the group when we get out of the Tower? Thanks. (and then I don't think it's smart having 3 female mages going together, they are gonna kill each other! We have already too many woman in this story;))

Gait, can we say that Azkur has studied some magic but never taken the test? It would be easier that way.

I can see this is getting a little messy. Airin was supposed to offer his help during the meeting, not after :(

BIC:


"As far as the mission, I want to know whats in it for me? And then I'll think about it!" Jalen said harshly with a furrowed brow, not liking being toyed around with and watched by everyone.

Justarius smiled to Jalen.
"Be sure, warrior, you will be rewarded for your help. Just tell us what your heart desires! Is that money you want? Or maybe you want us to find a cure for your skin? I know you said that mages have tried to dispel it, but I believe there's still hope for you. Unless you like the skin the way it is of course."

Without waiting for an answer he turned to the three mages that were going on the mission.
"Cherizal, Eve, Airin, the conclave wishes to thank you for volounteering for this mission. There's no need to say that it's going to be a dangerous one. I have a small thing for each one of you, it could be of help in the hour of need. Make good use of it"

He gave them each a magic artefact: a small silver box to Eve, a ring with a ruby to Cherizal and a little sphere made of onyx to Airin.
"What's their use?" asked Cherizal looking at the ring.
"I can't tell you now, but you will find out soon enough. And now while we wait for Jalen to make his mind, I want to introduce you to a couple of people that have already decided to join you, Azkur and Sitara..."

But before he could ask the two to step forward, a scream filled the room.
"What happened, Azkur?" asked Justarius. His expression was concerned.

Cherizal looked at the one the head of the conclave had talked to and saw a dark elf from Silvanesti. Painful memories filled her mind. She tried to pull them away and concentrated instead on Azkur's companion.
"Blessed Lunitari! A kender!"

[Edited by Cherizal on Friday, August 29, 2003 1:11 AM]

QueshuWarrior
08/29/2003 7:29 AM

OOC: Well, maybe Angel can just play her dargonesti and then Princess can join.

BIC: Jalen looked at Justarius sharply.

"I am no warrior. I have turned from that path long ago! But if this is as big a deal as you say it is, I will do what I can to serve my people. All I ask for in return is answers. I do this for you, and you help me find out who I am and why I am like this. Deal?" Jalen asked with a stern look on his face.

The conversation was interupted by a scream. Jalen quickly turned to the direction it came from and drew his hand axe. All it happened to be was Azkur screaming for no apparent reason. Jalen spotted the kender and then drew his club.

"Should I kill it?" Jalen asked Justarius, motioning to the kender.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Avenging_Angel
08/29/2003 8:03 AM

OOC: Queshu, I'm not just playing Shadela-I've already done too much with Airin.
BIC:Airin raised a hand. When he had been a child in the palanthas thieves guild, a kender had helped him escape and practice magic, then helped him get to the tower of high sorcery when all the "Dark" guilds were looking for him. He always was fond of kender, and found them amusing."Master Justarius, I wouldn't reccommend harming the kender. It would be good to find out from it how it got in, and if there are any more.No point in killing it." He reached out a hand and grabbed the kenders topknot, and held on to it firmly."Master, may I enquire when do we leave? And will we be going to northern ergoth or southern ergoth first?""Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
08/29/2003 8:17 AM


OOC: Well, maybe Angel can just play her dargonesti and then Princess can join.


OOC: You're right about that, but we still have two problems: Karina is a demigoddess (and I really want the characters to be "normal" people - I would like to focus on their personality and not on their powers) and a female (it's not good with too many women in a story, especially when all of them are mages - it's going to end in a civil war :D)

- Princess, I hope I'm not offending you with this. It's not my meaning and it's nothing personal!


"Should I kill it?" Jalen asked Justarius, motioning to the kender.


BIC: "Noone's gonna harm the kender" answered Justarius raising his brow "She will go with you on the mission. As for the answers you seek, Jalen, we have a deal. Airin, we'll talk about the details when the meeting is over. And now we'd better hear what made Azkur scream"

[Edited by Cherizal on Friday, August 29, 2003 8:22 AM]

Avenging_Angel
08/29/2003 8:33 AM



OOC: Well, maybe Angel can just play her dargonesti and then Princess can join.


OOC: You're right about that

OOC: I already said that I'm not going to just play Shadela.
BIC:Airin reclaimed his place by the wall, still holding onto the kender's hairdo."Master Justarius, what are we waiting for to finish the council?""Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
08/29/2003 8:47 AM


OOC: I already said that I'm not going to just play Shadela.


OOC: I know and that's why Justarius is talking to Airin and not to Karina.

BIC: "Airin!" Justarius was loosing his patience "The council will end when I say so! Someone please give Azkur a glass of wine. It looks like he needs it!"

With a simple spell Cherizal materialized (OOC: Please correct me if the verb is wrong!) a glass of elven wine and gently touched Azkur on a shoulder.
"Drink this and you will feel better. Then tell us what scared you so much!"

Avenging_Angel
08/29/2003 8:52 AM

IC: (materialized is right:D) Airin frowned. Justarius shouldn't be sharp with him. Airin had things that he had to know, and were vital to him going along. He sighed. He waited for Justarius to finish briefing them.

OOC: Hey cherizal, why don't you have an avatar? If you need one I have lots."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

PrincessOfDarkness
08/29/2003 10:25 AM

OOC~ As you command, almighty DM. *bows*

You can pick up Raq when you pick up your warrior companions. *smirk*
BIC~

Raquel Aranor: Almost as bad a kender when it came to picking pockets, and better then them when it came to getting away with it.

But she knew that she was taking things and knew that it was 'bad'. But hey, wha tkind of mage would need a diamond-encrusted longsword, and what kind of giant warrior needed a diamond-hilted dagger? She only took things that people didn't need. So there.

So when she heard about lots of magi (no doubt holding pretty, useless, and expensive longswords) gathering, she decided she should head over. However, getting to the tower would be extremely difficult. That tower was always in different places. She was an avid map collector as well, and on almost all of them it was in different places. Magic people did that.

So she was hanging around Palanthas, liberating people's belongings from thier pockets. Right now she was admiring a silver (she had a certain fondness for silver) ring with a large sapphire set into it. She placed it into one of the three packs she held: One for smaller jewelry, One for daggers, and one for everything too big (it somehow compacted evertying).

She pondered where to go next. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
08/29/2003 10:49 AM

OOC: Thanks Princess! This is gonna be interesting:D Travelling with two kender! I guess Raq and Sitara are going to drive everyone completely crazy :) Will we ever reach Ergoth?!?

Angel, well, I haven't really thought of finding an avatar, but if you have some nice ones, I would love to have a look at them. You can send them to my e-mail address: morgeve@tiscali.dk

Avenging_Angel
08/29/2003 1:05 PM

OOC: Good thing I didn't introduce my kender, Jadegreen,. or else they wouldn't get anywhere. Actually, cherizal, I was thinking that since I don't know how to send images, I could change my avatar, and if I had one you wanted you just right click on it, and click 'save picture as.....'(on my old site people swapped avatars alot) Plus some of my images are to big to use as avatars. What do youwant your avatar to be?A mage, or I have a good one of an elf chick(Cherizal). And a couple of kender. "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
08/29/2003 1:18 PM

OOC: Thanks Angel, but I think I've found one now ;)

[Edited by Cherizal on Friday, August 29, 2003 2:01 PM]

gait_firestorm
08/29/2003 4:10 PM

Azkur took the drink of wine but didnt drink very much of it. "Im sorry for interupting the meeting..." Everyone stared at him and the kender. Sitara took hold of his leg. "Its just that... i have these visions of death all the time..." Sitara let out of Azkurs leg finally.

He glanced at Jalen. "No need for your axe sir. It was only a vision i had. I have these visions because...a curse was put apon me by a prophet." Azkur couldnt belive he said that, that was never supposed to come out.

He gave a sigh. "I have visions of a dark robed wizard all the time...and flashes of light end my visions and somewhat... i scream." Sitara started to giggle. Looking around everyone had not looked like they cared...except for Justarius.

Sitara, picking out a gem from her pouch, started to play wiht it.

OOC: sorry but i got to go, tornado sirens went off...ironic?"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

QueshuWarrior
08/29/2003 4:30 PM

OOC: Princess' character is not a kender.

BIC: Jalen put his hand axe and club back in his belt.

"How powerful of a mage are we dealing with Justarius? Do you think three mages and a couple of ragtags is gonna be enough?" Jalen said, looking around the conclave with distrust.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Friday, August 29, 2003 4:31 PM]

Avenging_Angel
08/29/2003 5:10 PM

OOC: I like the avatar, cheriz!
BIC:Airin frowned. Visions of death? That couldn't be good.He waited for Justarius to tell them all the details. If he didn't, he could be sending them into hell with one arm tied behind their backs.....
------------------------------------------------------
-Shadela paced. Would it be possible? She couldn't bear the thought that the man that had told her had been lying.if the Lucanesti truly HAD vanished completely... She sook her head. She wouldn't pursue that train of thought. She sat down on her bed. She began putting various items into her pack. One of them, a necklace, shaped like a scallop shell on a chain. She turned the scallop over. It shimmered with mother-of-pearl, and then the picture appeared. The woman in the picture was her grandmother, a Lucanesti who had escaped the kingpriests mines and fallen in love with a dargonesti.


She was beautiful, with translucent eyelids, and opal skin. The lucanesti had descended from the Dimernesti, and still had slight webs on their hands and feet. Shadela new that if the information proved wrong, and the lucanesti were all gone, her heart would be broken. The prospect of being able to live with elves again was a star in her sky, a sky which was made of shadows. Just like her name. Shadela;She of shadows. She placed the necklace around her neck, and then continued packing.

OOC2: Cherizal, could we have it that they try to find the lucanesti because the lucanesti have information about the mage in ergoth. The Lucanesti can live on ansalon where it straight across from southern ergoth, in a forest or something. "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Flandrake
08/29/2003 11:26 PM

OOC: Well I have many things to address first off, Eve is very light hearted and caring(white robe after all) and Airin is a guy so there are only two girl mages.

Second, Angel where was your sea elf at the time of the conclave meeting and when did the conversation between your two characters take place. At first I thought Airin left but in the next post he was still in the room.

Also Angel I have some more questions about Airin; you say a kender helped him learn magic. Well I would like to know who this kender was. You also state that the kender aided Airin in reaching the tower I would also like to know how he accomplished this. If the kender travelled with Airin after he got the invintation to come and stopped near the tower that would make more sense. And considering Palanthas is mainly controled by the Solmanic Knights at this time I would like to know where Airin studied magic.

Gait you have gotten better but you don't need to add random wierd things like visions of death to make a character interesting. He doesn't need that and it would most likely be a distraction throught the story. Or it would happen only a few times. Making this curse not even worth mentioning and wouldn't serve any point to the story.

Also Princess was comparing her character to a kender. She isn't a kender like Queshu W. said.

I'll split my 'ooc' post and 'ic' post beacuse the 'ooc' is rather long.

So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
08/30/2003 2:28 AM


OOC: Princess' character is not a kender.


OOC: Sorry about that! I read the post too quickly and focused on the word kender :)


OOC: Well I have many things to address first off, Eve is very light hearted and caring(white robe after all) and Airin is a guy so there are only two girl mages.


Princess had introduced a black robed demigoddess, but has now deleted her post about her. That's why there were three girls mages at that time.


Second, Angel where was your sea elf at the time of the conclave meeting and when did the conversation between your two characters take place. At first I thought Airin left but in the next post he was still in the room.

There has been a little mess about this part, because Angel wrote it just after Princess introduced Karina. Therefore (I think) she made Airin go to Justarius after the council to ask permission to join the mission. If we want everything to be clear, Angel should edit that post. Angel, could you do that? You can make Airin volounteer under the council and then put the piece where he and Shadela talk after the meeting about the details of the mission. When this has been taken care of, I think everything should be ok.


Gait you have gotten better but you don't need to add random wierd things like visions of death to make a character interesting. He doesn't need that and it would most likely be a distraction throught the story. Or it would happen only a few times. Making this curse not even worth mentioning and wouldn't serve any point to the story.


If Gait wants to keep the part about the visions, we could maybe do that the visions are sent by the renegade mage. The visions can get them in some trap. If it's not him sending them then they may be of some help instead telling us something about the mage and his moves. Just a suggestion!


OOC2: Cherizal, could we have it that they try to find the lucanesti because the lucanesti have information about the mage in ergoth. The Lucanesti can live on ansalon where it straight across from southern ergoth, in a forest or something.

I'm a bit at a loss here. I have never heard of the Lucanesti, they must be in some book that I haven't read. You say they descend from the Dirmenesti.. but do they live under water? I'm not sure it's a good idea go searching for them, but I want to hear what the others think about it. We could maybe meet them by chance while travelling.

Cherizal
08/30/2003 2:57 AM

Justarius sighed and shook his head, then he made a slight movement with his hands and the council was gone.
They were now in a small, comfortable room.

"Take a seat, please. I guess it's time to give you some directions about your mission. First of all I want you to undestand that you are not sent out to destroy Fin'lar. You are to go to Ergoth and find out what's happening there. I want you " and he looked at the three mages "to examine the shield and eventually try to find its weaknesses. If you can get inside without getting killed, have a look around and collect information. But please do not do try to attack him. We will deal with him when the time is right. But we need to know what kind of threat we are facing. He is a very powerful mage, one of the most powerful that has ever existed on Krynn. And if he has the help of his queen, well I guess you can figure it out by yourselves..."

He looked at each of the companions to make sure that they understood his words, then nodded.
"You will be give proviant and horses. You will leave tomorrow morning."

Cherizal had been listening to Justarius hoping that he could give them some detailed instructions, but it didn't seem that he intended to do that. She run a hand through her silver hair while she watched the other people that were to go with her. She was very disappointed. A human with skin like rock? A kender? A dark elf with visions of death? Well, if she had to be honest, she was looking forward to talking to him. She felt they had something in common, but then on the other hand she had something in common with all the other elves that somehow had been cast out of Silvanesti. Then she looked at the other two mages. She didn't know them very well, had just seen them a few times in the tower during her visits, but she wasn't impressed. She considered Eve "too good" and Airin pathetic.
Oh, Lunitari, I think this is gonna be a long, long trip

She sat back and waited. She was sure the others were going to ask Justarius lots of questions.

[Edited by Cherizal on Saturday, August 30, 2003 9:42 AM]

gait_firestorm
08/30/2003 6:48 AM

Azkur waited until Justarius finished explaining the mission. "Back to Ergoth..." he whispered. The memories of Ergoth came back to him, the last time he was there. It looked as if the whole part of northern Ergoth had been taken over by a new species.

Azkur was ready for this mission. Although, he didnt quite want Sitara with him but he couldnt just leave her behind. He glanced at Jalen for a brief moment to see if he was listening. He was of course.

He heard about getting horses. Finally not to walk on foot was his thought. Sitara had put the gem back in her pouch and started playing with her topknot.

Azkur was still embarrased about the incident earlier. It shall not happen again he thought but how can i stop the visions?"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Flandrake
08/30/2003 8:15 AM

OOC: Sorry I couldn't post my 'ic' messages last night I had to get to bed.

IC: Eve eyed the silver box given to her by Justarius. She wondered what power it could conjure up or what spell it would cast. She was feeling uneasy as well. Three mages and a hanfull of warriors. It was a good thing that they only need to observe things but still Fin'lar would would almost surely notice them if they used their magic.

"So we shall meet outside then," Eve bowed and left the room going to her chambers.
----------------------------------------

"Are the troops set up?" Ash asked Fern a few hours latter from there meeting.

"Yes, the last ones are getting into place now," Fern distrusted Ash but Fin'lar didn't want to hear her wild alegations. "Will you be taking your leave now?"

"Yes, I am ready to leave. I'll spend the night on the road, they wont leave until morning but it's good to get a headstart," Ash left the command tent and went to his horse. he swung himself onto tthe saddle and rode off into the night.

OOC: Cherizal, you use '' not this '['and that ']'. Gait I can work in the vision coming from Fin'lar or soemthing like that if you want. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
08/30/2003 8:20 AM

Everyone seemed to be thinking about Justarius' statement.
Cherizal was watching Sitara play with her topknot. Astonished she turned to Azkur and asked sarcastically:
"What have you done to your kender friend? Have you cast a spell upon her? Or have you cut her tongue? She hasn't said a word since we came here! I've never met a kender who could keep quiet for more than half a second!"

She honestly couldn't believe that the kender was meant to accompany them to Ergoth. Was Justarius trying to get them all killed?!?
Then she saw that Eve was leaving. Was the meeting already over?! Justarius must have talked to Eve.
I bet she knows more than us and I don't like it at all

[Edited by Cherizal on Saturday, August 30, 2003 9:47 AM]

QueshuWarrior
08/30/2003 9:57 AM

OOC: About going to sea the elves, Im cool with doing that. Side missions add to the thread, but sometimes they are the things that usually stop threads if they are boring.

Jalen rubbed his forehead after Justarius explained the mission. He took out his axe and started getting a feel for it.

"So, I am going to have to fight again." Jalen thought to himself. He then turned his attention to Justarius.

"So we are going to Egroth to find this powerful mage and you dont want us to fight? What am I here for then?" Jalen asked in frustration.

So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
08/30/2003 10:45 AM

Justarius looked at Jalen, sadness in his eyes.
"The road to Ergoth is long and filled with danger. I'm afraid that you will have plenty of chances to fight, my brave friend! And now if there aren't any more questions, I will retire to my chamber. I will see you all in the morning".

PrincessOfDarkness
08/30/2003 11:02 AM

OOC: No, Ra(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

QueshuWarrior
08/30/2003 11:06 AM

Jalen didnt know his way around the tower and really wasnt looking forward to looking around. Jalen took off his vest and rolled it up, making a poor looking pillow. He placed it behind his head and leaned back against one of the high backed seats in the meeting room. He had to admit he wasnt very comfortable, but in a couple of minutes, he was asleep.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
08/30/2003 11:29 AM

I'll never stop wondering about humans and their strange habits thought Cherizal seeing Jalen fall asleep in his chair. She magicked him to a guest room and then prepared to leave as none of the others seemed to be interested in discussing their mission any further.

PrincessOfDarkness
08/30/2003 12:15 PM

OOC: No, Raquel is not a kender. Raq is human. She's just a major pickpocket, and is extremely good at it. That's the likiness. She also likes to touch alot of stuff. She'll probaly have a pessismistic personality, though.

You also need to (well, not need to, but you know what I mean) pick up Raq. I'll put her on the road.
BIC~

Raq moved gracefully through the streets, quickly picking coins out of peoples pockets --- a steel here, a steel there...., when she looked up to see if she could find the Wayrenth Tower, naturally, she could not, so she went back to wandering. Deciding that she wanted to head to Ergoth (funky rumors about ruling people--maybe mages had good longswords?) she set out onto the road. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
08/30/2003 12:24 PM


You also need to (well, not need to, but you know what I mean) pick up Raq. I'll put her on the road.


OOC: Don't worry, we will (hopefully) soon pick up Raq. We have almost managed to leave the tower ;)

QueshuWarrior
08/30/2003 6:01 PM

OOC: Hope nobody minds if I pick things up a bit.

BIC: Jalen woke up and rubbed his eyes.

"Where in the Abyss am I? Am I dead? I knew I shouldnt have trusted those damn mages!" Jalen thought as he struggled to get on his feet. He looked around the room he was now in. He had slept in a bed next to a window. There were many strange artifacts in the room that Jalen did not dare to touch.

Jalen went to the door and opened it slowly, preparing himself for what might be on the other side. It was a long corridor with many doors leading off and a set of stairs going down at the end. Jalen searched his pockets. He still had everything on him. He scratched his bright blond hair then walked down the hallway.

Jalen went down the stairs and had turned a corner when he bumped into a mage.

"Im sorry." Jalen apologized. The mage lifted its face and met Jalens green eyes.

"Oh, its you." Jalen said, noticing one of the mages from the meeting.

"Can you lead me out of this place? I think everyones meeting outside." Jalen asked.

OOC: It can be any of the mages.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Avenging_Angel
08/30/2003 7:14 PM

OOC: cherizal, the lucanesti don't live underwater, they're opal elves. They have opal colored skin, and webbed hands and feet, as wel as transparent eyelids, like frogs. When they close they're eyes, they can see veins of water or opal clearly.
BIC: Airin was startled by running into the man Jalen on the stairs"Would you wait a minute?I will be along in a second, I have a few things to gather from my rooms." He continued up the stairs, and into his private room.

He opened the heavy oak door with a creak. "Love, the others are gathering outside. Here is the pendant I told you about." He placed the piece of glass with mystic symbols on it."Just say my name and you will be unseen. Go out the window, and let me know that you are following us."
He picked up his packs kissed her, and went out the door. He came down the stairs, and ran into Jalen again. "This way." He led him through the twisting corridors, to the outside, beneath the branches of Shoikan.
-----------------------------------------------


Shadela hoisted her bag onto her back, and climbed out the wndow. She went outside, and quickly found the group of peole. She waited there, until Airin arrived. She sidled up to him, and touched his arm, adn whispered "Love, I am here." She went over by the elf Azkur, and waited."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

QueshuWarrior
08/30/2003 8:30 PM

OOC: Shoikan? Angel, thats in the tower of high sorcery in Palanthas. This is the tower of hight sorcery in Wayreth. And it wouldnt have been that easy for us to waltz right through Shoikan grove anyway.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Avenging_Angel
08/30/2003 10:03 PM

OOC: Gack! I'm getting confused-some people say it's plantha, and the others say that its Wayreth. Cheriz, where the heck are we?!:P"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
08/31/2003 2:23 AM


OOC: Gack! I'm getting confused-some people say it's plantha, and the others say that its Wayreth. Cheriz, where the heck are we?!:P


OOC: We are in the tower in the forest of Wayreth. The only one that is/was in Palanthas is Raq, Princess' character that we will pick up on the way.
As for the Lucanesti, Angel, it seems that noone has anything against your idea. But I would like to know how you think we should do this and how they can help. You can drop me a mail (morgeve@tiscali.dk). Remember to edit your first post about Airin and it would be nice if you could answer Flandrake's questions about Airin.
And if I have to be honest, I've some doubts about Shadela's invisibility... How can it be possible that none of the mages in the tower have sensed her presence?

BIC: Cherizal walked out of the tower and joined the rest of the group. Looking at her companions she almost regretted her decision, but it was too late now. Then she heard Justarius' voice.
"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I hope you have slept well. I wish you good luck on your journey."

"Can't you give us any more information? You haven't told us that much" asked Cherizal coolly.
"You know what you need to know. I hope to see you all again. May the gods be with you" and then he was gone.

Angrily she walked to her horse, mounted and then shouted to the others: "What are you waiting for? We'd better get moving!"

Avenging_Angel
08/31/2003 9:08 AM

OOC: Ok flan


Second, Angel where was your sea elf at the time of the conclave meeting and when did the conversation between your two characters take place. At first I thought Airin left but in the next post he was still in the room.

Also Angel I have some more questions about Airin; you say a kender helped him learn magic. Well I would like to know who this kender was. You also state that the kender aided Airin in reaching the tower I would also like to know how he accomplished this. If the kender travelled with Airin after he got the invintation to come and stopped near the tower that would make more sense. And considering Palanthas is mainly controled by the Solmanic Knights at this time I would like to know where Airin studied magic.

that was an accident with the first post,:( I should delete it.
The kender was Greystone Fareye,a kender who had saved a mage from being killed by a storm giant. The mage in return, agreed to teach the kender magic to the third level. Airin was hurt from a fight with some goblins,hurt so he couldn't walk, or ride a horse, and the kender "found" a wagon and a horse so he could take Airin to the tower.He took Airin to Wyareth, and stayed in solace after getting Airin to the tower."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

QueshuWarrior
08/31/2003 11:04 AM

A horse was brought to Jalen. It was light grey, which Jalen thought was ironic. As he mounted the horse, it was very noticeable that his skin matched that of the horse.

"Very quaint." Jalen said with a smile. He nodded to Cherizal.

"So, we are just riding to Egroth then? I do not know the way, I'll simply follow." Jalen said to Cherizal with a shrug of his shoulders. It was a bright sunny day, and it was getting pretty hot already. Jalen unbuttoned his vest. He always wondered how he could feel the wind and the heat with stone skin.

Jalen pulled on the reigns of his horse and rode it around in a circle to get a feel for it. He hasnt ridden a horse since he was in cavalry with the Palanthas Army.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
08/31/2003 11:56 AM

"I'm not sure I know the way either. I've never been to Ergoth in my wanderings. But we can start with getting out of the forest. I don't think the qualinesti elves will let us pass through their land, so I guess we'll have to find another way and go north until we find someone that wants to sail us to Ergoth. Maybe one of the others has a good suggestion. We can stop in a couple of hours and discuss the matter."

She motioned the others to mount their horses and follow, then she turned to Jalen again, her gaze fixed upon his.
"But tell me, why are you coming on this journey? Do you really believe Justarius is gonna give you the answers you seek?"

PrincessOfDarkness
08/31/2003 12:19 PM

OOC~
Yeah, I think that most magic is constantly dispelled around the tower besides teh transporting stuffs. I also think that regardless of the forest that Shadela couldn't enter without being noticed and/or seen, and if whichver mage (I'm sorry, I cant remember who's char it is) put on special magic to hide her from them s/he coudl get in some serious deep doo-doo.

Can we stick Wayrenth near Palanthas cause it moves?(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
08/31/2003 12:45 PM


Can we stick Wayrenth near Palanthas cause it moves?


OOC: I guess we can do that otherwise we'll never find Raq, as Palanthas in not exactly close to where we are supposed to be. Maybe Justarius wanted us to find something or someone there.

PrincessOfDarkness
08/31/2003 3:13 PM

OOC: *wink wink* Yes, perhaps he did....*smirk*

Wouldn't be me....though....nah...(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
08/31/2003 4:47 PM


OOC: I guess we can do that otherwise we'll never find Raq, as Palanthas in not exactly close to where we are supposed to be. Maybe Justarius wanted us to find something or someone there.


If princess' wants I can make a little side adventure for her. So she can get to at least Caergoth or pherhaps Haven. But don't worry I can work something in.



The kender was Greystone Fareye,a kender who had saved a mage from being killed by a storm giant. The mage in return, agreed to teach the kender magic to the third level. Airin was hurt from a fight with some goblins,hurt so he couldn't walk, or ride a horse, and the kender "found" a wagon and a horse so he could take Airin to the tower.He took Airin to Wyareth, and stayed in solace after getting Airin to the tower.


Okay A. Angel, first off unless that mage had permission (and power) from the gods he could not teach that kender magic. Greygem races cannot learn magic. And how could the kender take him to the tower? He couldn't get past the forest. And the mages wouldn't care about Airin even if he knew a little magic. You must be invited or already have passed the test to enter.



I also think that regardless of the forest that Shadela couldn't enter without being noticed and/or seen, and if whichver mage (I'm sorry, I cant remember who's char it is) put on special magic to hide her from them s/he coudl get in some serious deep doo-doo.


Shadela could not enter the gates let alone the forest. Even if Airin was with her in the forest the trees would cut her off and send her back outside. The mages would notice her, it would be much more logical to have waiting at an inn near by. Like the one from Sec. Generation.

So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Flandrake
08/31/2003 4:54 PM


"I'm not sure I know the way either. I've never been to Ergoth in my wanderings. But we can start with getting out of the forest. I don't think the qualinesti elves will let us pass through their land, so I guess we'll have to find another way and go north until we find someone that wants to sail us to Ergoth.


Eve seated herself on Cloud. The mare was white with three black smuges near the back legs. "We could head Soth west from here to the Sirrion Sea but there are no docks there. I say we head North to Haven. We should be able to find someone with information on a ship."

Eve patted Cloud's side and spoke words into the animal's ears. The horse trotted forward through the forest. "Azkur, I am curious; Justarius never told me why he invited you. Do you have a history with fighting mages?"

So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

[Edited by Flandrake on Sunday, August 31, 2003 5:33 PM]

QueshuWarrior
08/31/2003 4:59 PM

Jalen turned and smirked at Cherizal.

"Your right Cherizal. I dont think he can find the answers if he tried. Im just coming because I've got no place else to go. Myswell save Ansalon from a corrupted mage." Jalen replied to Cherizal. He then turned his attention to Eve who was discussing where they should go.

"If we want answers, theres only one place we can go. I say we go see Astinus in Palanthas. But that depends where this forest located right now." Jalen suggested.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
09/01/2003 12:24 AM


If princess' wants I can make a little side adventure for her. So she can get to at least Caergoth or pherhaps Haven. But don't worry I can work something in.


OOC: Ok, then I will wait for her answer before I'll get us out of the forest. If she wants the adventure, then the forest will leave the other of us south for Qualinesti, otherwise we'll stick to Palanthas.

BIC:

"If we want answers, theres only one place we can go. I say we go see Astinus in Palanthas. But that depends where this forest located right now." Jalen suggested.


"And do you think Astinus will see us, this pathetic lot? I doubt. And then if the forest leaves us where I think, it will be a hell of a long way to Palanthas. But then I may be wrong."

QueshuWarrior
09/01/2003 7:34 AM

Jalen frowned at Cherizals words.

"Pathetic? I'll have you know mage, that I am very respected in Palanthas for my service in the military, and I've even had the honor of meeting Astinus once. And who gave you the right to lower our hopes in this mission. If we have any chance of completing our task, we are gonna have to get along, whether you like it or not!" Jalen scolded, very dissapointed in the groups low spirits, but not the group itself.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
09/01/2003 10:14 AM

"I'm sorry to anger you, warrior, but yes, that's what I think of us. That doesn't mean that we won't accomplish anything, sometimes the most pathetic looking people have unknown resources. But it's just like Justarius is sending us to die. I have this feeling, and the funny thing is that I don't care. If death comes looking for me, I will be more than pleased to lend her a hand."

Then she fell silent and got lost in her own dark thoughts.

PrincessOfDarkness
09/01/2003 12:18 PM

Raq watched the sun set and decided it was time to turn in. Using other people's steel, she paid for a room in the Forked Sword inn, walked into it and locked the door.

she unhooked her four pouches for...stuff. She then emptied out the first, which contained small weapondry such as daggers, dirks, and wands. WHile sorting through what she would pawn off tomorrow, she came across a certain weapon that particullary piqued her interest.

The hilt appeared to be carved out of a large sapphire, as it was completely and totally made out of the blue gemstone. The blade itself was solid steel, and there was one large rune on each side of it. It was comfortably cool in her hand and hadn't blown her up, so she dropped the normal dagger she usued typically and put this new one in one of her dagger-pockets. She sorted through the rest of the small blades and mini-staffs, picking one more with a large onyx set in the hilt to wield as well.

After she'd done with that, she took the rest of them and split them into piles: Those which she'd keep (which went back into her pouch) and those which she'd sell (which went in the empty forth pouch).

Then she emptied out her second pocket, which was full of rings and scrolls. She thanked the gods for her gloves which were enchanted so they didn't set off any effects that had been placed on the scrolls for protection. Since she wasn't a magi, those went into a scroll-case and were all sold. The rings (some magical and others not) however, were all looked at.

A perticular one caught her eye, though. It appeared to be a solid silver band, with a single diamond and insets that looked like they once held something. The only other one she thought was nice was a wood made out of vallenwood with a silver band, and then an even thinner vallenwood band within it. She placed both of them on different fingers, proceded to split them also into to sections to sell or keep, and then hooked those two pouches back onto her belt. The third she slowly removed all of the longer weapons (yay for magical pouches that compressed size!) and looked over all them. She put them back in the pouch and hooked it on as well.

She adimired her current rings she was wearing and muttered to herself, "Well, I probaly should be off to Wayrenth or something......"

There was sharp jerk in her body...

**

A bit later she woke up, in a tree. She looked over and saw Wayrenth Forest. SHe also noticed that the last inset in the silver ring was empty. Shit, Shit, shit. It had been a teleporting ring......

She looked down and noticed a party of three mages (one of each order) and a couple of warriors. Jumping down, she looked at them.

"Um, where am I?"(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
09/01/2003 12:34 PM

OOC: Wow! Cool post, princess!

BIC: Cherizals eyes widened seeing a woman jumping down from a tree. She wasn't a mage, that was obvious. But how had she got there? She looked at the others but they seemed to be as confused as she was.

"How have you got here? This is the forest of Wayreth and noone can enter without being invited"

Avenging_Angel
09/01/2003 1:29 PM

OOC: Fine flan, screw the kender. }:| Grrrr! *glares at flan*


IC: Airin was startled by a young woman appearing out of nowhere.
----------------------------------------------
Shadela was startled. The pendant hid her, yet the world didn't look quite the same. The light was brighter, and yet the shadows were...deeper...more alive. She shook her head. It was her imagination.She slid onto Airins horse, just behind him.


OOC2: Cherizal, maybe we could have it be that they are getting near to the straights of ergoth, and they stop by a forest or river, near somewhere with a mountain, and they run into the lucanesti. I can have one of the lucanesti run off with someone or something, and then they have to go get it, and Shadelas presence is revealed. The Lucanesti can turn out to have some vital information about this renegade mage. Like he's taken some of their people, and they haven't returned. They can provide boats for the mages to go across with. I'll probably send a Lucanesti along with them. "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 9:01 AM]

Cherizal
09/01/2003 2:28 PM


OOC2: Cherizal, maybe we could have it be that they are getting near to the straights of ergoth, and they stop by a forest or river, near somewhere with a mountain, and they run into the lucanesti. I can have one of the lucanesti run off with someone or something, and then they have to go get it, and Shadelas presence is revealed. The Lucanesti can turn out to have some vital information about this renegade mage. Like he's taken some of their people, and they haven't returned. They can provide boats for the mages to go across with. I'll probably send a Lucanesti along with them.


OOC: That's fine with me, but I believe Shadelas presence will be revealed much sooner than that. I'm sure both Cherizal and Eve have sensed something. As we have said, Shadela couldn't be in the tower unnoticed and uninvited. We can choose to say that Justarius knew about her but didn't do anything about it because he thought it was a good idea to send her with the rest of the group.
And Raq is a woman and it was the ring that teleported her, not the sword.

Flandrake
09/01/2003 6:04 PM


OOC: Fine flan, screw the kender. }:| Grrrr! *glares at flan*


It's not my fault Airin's background doesn't make sense.

Also I really don't like the Lucanesti idea but that's just me. I'm controling the vilians so any information they have I would have to agree with.

IC: Eve brought the horse to a hault,"Are you okay?" She brought herself down from the saddle,"I sugest you accompany us at least until your outside of the woods. The mages inside the tower may not be very understanding. My name is Eve," Eve smiled and raised her hand.

---------------------------------------------------------

Morning came, Ash awoke and rode to a trap set by Fern. Fools, they'll all be dead before the day is out. Ash rode to a cliff outcropying so he could whatch the road and keep an eye on the trap. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

PrincessOfDarkness
09/01/2003 6:19 PM

OOC: Angel......
First of all, Raq's a girl. Second of all, it's a dagger, not a longsword. CUrrently, it's deep in a hilt and if you were looking at her then you'd think there was a sapphire set into the end of it instead of the entire hilt being so. Also, The dagger she holds is not the transporting item---it was the ring. She had a ring with a diamond and two empty insets----the two empty ones once held diamonds that were a charge. The ring had one teleportation charge left, and it went to the first place it's wearer said (which would be wayrenth). Also, I don't know what importance Raq's blade is goign to be, but I know it will be cold-enchanted and It would be nice if it had some relation to the bad guy. (WHo, I believe, Quesh is playing and hence he can decide that.)

Second of all, no offence meaned, but you shouldn't be glaring at Flan for anything, especially since we all did contribute and techincally, we were all right. There are rules that can be broken (but with alot of evidence) and rules that can't. I"m afraid and sorry (and I really am---the kender and Raq would have interacted funny-like) that the kender's location and place weren't backed up by enough evidence/facts/ideas for him to have a solid grounding in the story, and would raise alot of questioning IC (which could lead to some serious problems), if it wasn't taken care of OOC (which is was.)

However, I do congradulate you on accepting it and not flaming anyone in a really mad-like way that would of slided this thread to a screeching halt.

BIC~~

Raq was slightly taken about when the red-robe spoke.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. I picked up this ring some time ago, but just put it on a couple of minutes from now. I guess it was a ring of transportation or something---becuase I said sarcastically that I should go to Wayrenth, and...here I am. But I think it's dead now, becuase it has no more diamonds."

She loosened the ring off her finger and held it out to the Red-Robe. She also showed her the insets, "See? I think each one of these represented one chargey-thing. When I got it two of them were already empty, and when I said Wayrenth," she pointed to the newest one, "this one was used as well. "

She then looked up at the white-robe, "Thank you for your hospitality, Eve. My name is Raquel, but I am mostly called Raq." She bowed to the mage.


OOC2~
EDIT: Flan, do you have AIM/YIM/MSN? I would liek to get in touch with you. Email me at chaosprincess@hotmail.com
(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

[Edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Monday, September 1, 2003 6:31 PM]

QueshuWarrior
09/01/2003 8:54 PM

Jalen found the situation to be rather odd. They were at the edge of the forest of Wayreth, but they still had no idea what towns they were near. Raq, a women who had appeared out of nowhere, had just made things much more confusing.

"Im Jalen. Where have you come from...Raq?" Jalen asked, taking a moment to recall her name.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
09/02/2003 1:07 AM

OOC: Angel, I have a small prayer, please pay attention to what we write in other posts (both IC and OOC) and try to be a little more coherent. I don't want to be harsh, but you are making the story a mess.

Flan, I don't like the story about the Lucanesti that much either, but you hadn't said anything and Queshu said it was ok with him, and I wanted to be democratic :) Actually I don't care if we do it or not, I'm just afraid that the story will be ruined if we do. Let's say this then... If we have to do the Lucanesti thing, then Angel, you'll have to e-mail me with the details, I won't start a sidestory filled with incoherences. If I don't get any mail, we'll just drop it.

Gait hasn't posted for a while. If he doesn't get back soon, we'll have to find a couple of new characters that can join our heroes.

BIC: Cherizal examined the ring carefully. It was beautifully made and she could feel the remnants of its magic, but as the woman had said its power was gone.

"I'll keep this. It would be interesting to know how you got it by the way! But there will be time for talking later. You can ride with Eve, Raquel"

They rode a few kilometres more, than suddenly the forest was gone and they were in the middle of a large road.
"I suggest we dismount and have a small "war council". We need to find out where we are and where we go from here. But I'll have a word with Eve first".

She motioned the white robe to get closer and together they walked away from the group.
"Eve, I'm not sure about what Justarius has told you. You knew about the mission before us, so you must have talked with him about his plans! But beside this there's something else that is concerning me... There's someone else with us. Something or someone that we can't see but that have followed us since we left the tower. At first I thought it was the forest with its magic, but here there's no magic but I still feel the presence. An invisibility spell or something like that. I believe it has something to do with Airin, he's acting quite strangely. It's not an evil presence though, but I won't let him fool us. What do you think?"

[Edited by Cherizal on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 1:25 AM]

Avenging_Angel
09/02/2003 7:29 AM

OOC: Grrrrr! I just want to have a thread that I joined, where I can put in my ideas and chars without anyone BITING MY HEAD OFF! I like this thread, but Cherizal, my account is screwy and I can't e-mail to adresses that are not hotmail or msn! So no, I'm not going to e-mail you! All of you please try to be a little less hissy at me, and that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to turn this inot a flame or anything, so don't take this the wrong way. In the threads I've run, people have come up with ideas I don't lke, and I do them anyway, without saying I don't like them. So please don't take offense, but I'm just saying......"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
09/02/2003 8:47 AM

OOC: If people are always biting your head off, then there must be a reason! I think you are very creative and can write beautiful posts, but you don't pay attention to what other people write and sometimes write things that don't make sense! I have asked you several times to edit your first post so that the story wasn't so messy, but you still haven't done it. And this is why I don't feel like using your idea without knowing a bit more about it. If you can't email me, write an OOC post, we can always delete it later.

Avenging_Angel
09/02/2003 9:13 AM

OOC: Sorry cheriz.:(:(:( she-devil moment there. Flan, can I have some background on your villain? I'm sorry that you don't like the lucanesti thing, but I really want to do it. So is there anything that the lucanesti can know that wouldn't completly ruin the mysteriousness of your character?
(BTW, i edited my posts, and justarius knows about Shadela.)
IC:

She motioned the white robe to get closer and together they walked away from the group.
"Eve, I'm not sure about what Justarius has told you. You knew about the mission before us, so you must have talked with him about his plans! But beside this there's something else that is concerning me... There's someone else with us. Something or someone that we can't see but that have followed us since we left the tower. At first I thought it was the forest with its magic, but here there's no magic but I still feel the presence. An invisibility spell or something like that. I believe it has something to do with Airin, he's acting quite strangely. It's not an evil presence though, but I won't let him fool us. What do you think?"


Airin noticed Cherizal and Eve discussing somethinganimatedly. He used a minor spell to allow him to hear more..
"...........There's someone else with us since we left the tower. At first I thought it was the forest with it's magic, but here there's no magic but I still feel the prescence.An invisibility spell or something like that.I believe it has something to do with Airin, he's acting quite strangely. It's not an evil prescence, though, but I won't let him fool us. What do you think?......."



Airin sat down. He had almost forgotten that someone was bound to notice Shadelas prescence.What the hell could he do now??




"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

gait_firestorm
09/02/2003 10:11 AM

Azkur sat back on his horse with Sitara back behind them somewhat. He saw Raq up ahead. "Looks like we got a new companion..." Azkur quickly turned. Something freezing chilled his bones.

"Something isnt right...Sitara, keep an eye out for anything suspicous, other than gems." Azkur looked around a bit then sped up his horse to catch up with the group. "Anyone feel...cold?" His spined was then chilled again. He felt as if he was going to pass out. Flashes then shot in front of his eyes, blinding him, and falling off the horse.

Apparently, no one else saw the light. It was another vision he first thought, but it was hurting him affecting his body. He was paralized, he couldnt scream for help. He once again saw the black robed figure holding up a white robed mage in a lightning web of magic. Then the light dimmed and he fainted."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/02/2003 10:32 AM


(BTW, i edited my posts, and justarius knows about Shadela.)


OOC: Thank you, Angel!
Nice to see you back, Gait! Have you decided the nature of Azkur's visions? Are they a kind of warning? Or are they sent by Fin'lar?

Cherizal is talking to Eve, so I'll leave it to someone else to go help Azkur.

gait_firestorm
09/02/2003 10:40 AM

OOC: sorry guys, i wouldve been on but my computer caught a VIRUS! I am on a school computer and i have an hour and a half to do what i want. I want Azkurs visions to be of some warning to the future, of what the renegade mage is going to do. But i want to have Azkur be the enemy if thats alright. I want to have Azkur be possed in the future by the renegade mage. Its up to Cherizal, its your story!"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/02/2003 10:49 AM


OOC: sorry guys, i wouldve been on but my computer caught a VIRUS! I am on a school computer and i have an hour and a half to do what i want. I want Azkurs visions to be of some warning to the future, of what the renegade mage is going to do. But i want to have Azkur be the enemy if thats alright. I want to have Azkur be possed in the future by the renegade mage. Its up to Cherizal, its your story!


OOC: That sounds cool to me. But as it's Flan that is the bad guy, we should hear what he thinks about it :)

gait_firestorm
09/02/2003 10:58 AM

OOC: the next time i will be on will be tommorrow or thursday. I have to use the schools computer. And I will wait for Flans reply. "No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

PrincessOfDarkness
09/02/2003 11:12 AM

OOC: Angel we're not trying to bite your head off, just constructive critism. I mean, it happened to me too. (DL Legacy...^_^) Like CHerizal said, you just need to pay a little more attention to what's going on IC and OOC, and make sure you have proper backing for your characters. You don't need to have wierd quirks about them to be successful, just as long as theymake sense. I mean, Raq's just a theif. ^_^.

BIC~

"Uh, I came from Palanthas, but I was originally born in Haven," She poked Jalen once, "Your skin is...stone---y. Is it supposed to be like that? What's it like? Here, maybe one of the scrolls I have in my pack can help....," She pulled out the scrollcase from her pack, and opened it to reveal a wide variety of scrolls, "I'm not magi, but maybe Eve can tell you what they are."

[Edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 12:54 PM]

Flandrake
09/02/2003 6:21 PM


I want Azkurs visions to be of some warning to the future, of what the renegade mage is going to do. But i want to have Azkur be the enemy if thats alright. I want to have Azkur be possed in the future by the renegade mage. Its up to Cherizal, its your story!


OOC: Well it sounds good to me. As I said before you are getting better Gait.



Flan, can I have some background on your villain? I'm sorry that you don't like the lucanesti thing, but I really want to do it. So is there anything that the lucanesti can know that wouldn't completly ruin the mysteriousness of your character?


Fin'lar was around during the Nerakan campaghain(sp?). He was only a boy and his father was killed by the Solmanics. His mother ran away with him and met a white robe who took care of them for a short while. That is when Fin'lar saw true power, at least what he thought was true power. Magic! Fin'lar's mother wished to live a quite life and deined her son wishes(to learn magic).

Fin'lar ran away and wandered into a town weak and tired. He found his way to a mage shop guarded by a bouncer. The man was not that smart however and let the boy enter. The black mage owner allowed the boy to eat something only because the bouncer insisted apoun it. And it was hard to find help for a mage wear shop.

From his days on the road and in Neraka he had developed a quick wit and excallent memory. The mage needed help in her experiments and found her bouncer was of little use in the ways of magic. She began teaching him and soon the letter I Magus glowed on a paper in front of him. He was allowed to take the test and passed it.

He came out with black robes. With this he returned to his mentor who left the shop behind and they joined the army. Fin'lar was always rebellious and left his mentor after he felt he had grown stronger than him. He silently gained power and plotted.

I have to cut it short. I'll post the recent stuff later.

My AIM is Flandrake. My e-mail is davin345@hotmail.com So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

QueshuWarrior
09/02/2003 7:31 PM

Jalen smiled at the women. He gently pulled her had off his light grey skin. Jalen closed Raq's scrollcase and patted her hand that was holding it.

"This is who I am. I accept my curse, and my gift. Sure magic is powerful, but it can not change who you are." Jalen said, speaking his words slowly with meaning.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Flandrake
09/02/2003 7:41 PM

He gained several friends throught his travels for various reasons. When he felt everything was ready he made his move. He called people to him and they attack Ergoth. He created the shield and sent his troops out. The troops took over Northern and Southern Ergoth quickly taking over the major cities. He is staioned in N. Ergoth in the imperial capital. Rebels are in S. Ergoth. They are chasing them to the shield. Fin'lar also seperatly shielded the kender in Hylo not willing to deal with them just yet.

If you want battle details I can give them or anything else you ask.

IC: Eve nodded,"I have felt the presence as well. I sugest we confront Airin about it. He is a magi and wouldn't do anything to indanger this mission. And as for what else Justarius said he didn't tell me much just some of the artifacts Fin'lar had and some other working with him. But I say we confront the problem closer to us first," Eve wondered what Airin was hding from them. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/03/2003 12:57 AM


IC: Eve nodded,"I have felt the presence as well. I sugest we confront Airin about it. He is a magi and wouldn't do anything to indanger this mission. And as for what else Justarius said he didn't tell me much just some of the artifacts Fin'lar had and some other working with him. But I say we confront the problem closer to us first," Eve wondered what Airin was hding from them.


"I agree with you. Let's talk to him right away."
Cherizal was approaching Airin when she noticed a strange expression on Azkur's face. Then he just fainted.
That man is gonna ruin us! she thought, then she asked the others.
"What's wrong with him this time?"
Noone seemed to know.

Cherizal was annoyed: they had just begun their mission and they already had problems. Azkur's strange attacks and Airin trying to fool them.
She sighed, then looked at the others and said:
"I think it's best to let him rest for a while. In the meantime... Jalen, could you please find out where we are? It seems to me like we are very close to the Qualinesti forest, but I'm not sure. Raq, keep an eye on Azkur and the kender. And Airin... Eve and I have something to ask you. Please, come with us"

She gathered her robes and sat down on the ground.
"Please, come here. And now Airin, tell us. Who have you been hiding since we left the tower? And how could you believe that we wouldn't notice? You don't seem to have much respect for our skills" She tried to stay calm and speak politely, but anyone could have detected the anger in her voice.

gait_firestorm
09/03/2003 5:59 AM

Azkur awoke in a strange place. His friends were not there, no sign of life. He was dreaming for the moment. He looked around a plain of dead trees and dead grass. It was all nasty and unnatural. He looked around then he noticed something wrong. He was burning!

He shot up, almost knocking Cherizal in the face. He was sweating and breathing deeply. Sitara gave him a smirk and started to giggle. "No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/03/2003 6:15 AM


He shot up, almost knocking Cherizal in the face. He was sweating and breathing deeply. Sitara gave him a smirk and started to giggle.


Cherizal sneered:
"Azkur... what the hell... You almost scared me to death... Can't you do something about this problem of yours! I promise, if you don't find a solution, I'll find it for you and I can tell you... you won't like it!"

QueshuWarrior
09/03/2003 6:31 AM

"Just leave him there if he faints again." Jalen said with a joking grin. He nodded to Cherizals orders and rode down the path on his horse, looking for clues for where they might be.

Jalen was riding down the path when he saw berries in a bush about five feet into the forest.

"Berries!" Jalen shouted in glee and jumped off his horse. He started picking some. He saw more and more bushes leading into the forest, and soon he was 20 feet from the path.

A sudden whizzing sound passed Jalens right ear and struck a tree behind him. Seconds later there was another one. An arrow struck him in the chest, chipping his stone flesh. Jalen looked up at the trees in wide eyed shock. There were elven archers in the trees shooting at him!

Jalen got up and ran back to the path, arrows bouncing off of his back. He quickly mounted his horse and rode swiftly back to the others. The arrows had ceased.

"We are near Qualinesti Cherizal. In fact, this is the forest right here. I have the arrow chippings to prove it." Jalen explained pointing to the forest along the path, on the opposite side of Wayreth Forest.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
09/03/2003 6:58 AM

"Thank you, Jalen" she said, then she looked at the red staines around his mouth and laughed for the first time since they had left the tower "I can see why the Qualinesti fired their arrows at you. You were trying to steal their berries! Shame on you!"

Her laugh died quickly and her eyes darkened again. She sounded tired.
"Eve, Airin and I have something to discuss. You can help Raq. Azkur may get dangerous, who knows. And then there's that strange giggling kender who must be watched"

Avenging_Angel
09/03/2003 11:00 AM

OOC: Good posts flan. I'll muse on it.
BIC:

And Airin... Eve and I have something to ask you. Please, come with us"

She gathered her robes and sat down on the ground.
"Please, come here. And now Airin, tell us. Who have you been hiding since we left the tower? And how could you believe that we wouldn't notice? You don't seem to have much respect for our skills" She tried to stay calm and speak politely, but anyone could have detected the anger in her voice.

Airin prided himself on being able to hide his emotions well. "Hiding someone? I don't believe I know wht your talking about.I have a great deal of respect for your skills, but I have not a clue what you are talking about."
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Shadela was walking around. She didn't know why, but she could fel something was going to happen. She looked at Cherizal's, back, and for a moment saw an angry face. Then it was gone. ~She's angry. I wonder why?~ Shadela mused. She knew she had seen the face because lucanesti are clairavoyant, and she could occasionally tell something about someone that she could not have known. She walked up to Airin. He was angry, she could tell, but he was a mask of calm and puzzlement. She saw he was talking to Cherizal. The roaring in her ears from being invisible blocked out their conversation.


Then the worst thing possible happened. She stumbled on a hidden stick,and fell. And her right foot hit Cherizal's leg. She was frozen in terror, awaiting her reaction....."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
09/03/2003 11:46 AM

"Stop this comedy, Airin! It's for your best. I know you are lying"
She couldn't understand why he wanted to make things even worse. What was he afraid of? Was his secret so horrible?
Then she felt something hit her leg, but she could see nothing. She understood what had happened and moved a hand trying to grab the invisible person. She caught hold of something soft that felt like hair and pulled hard.

She smiled a triumphant smile.
"Now Airin, I've got your friend by the hair. Explain yourself or I will cast a spell on him or her. I don't want to use my energy for this, but I'll do that if you don't act like a man for once! Speak!"

PrincessOfDarkness
09/03/2003 3:23 PM

"You're weird," She said to Azkur, "You should do something about that fainting thing. It's bad for you, I bet."

As Jalen came back and explained, she chuckled, "well if you were trying to steal MY berries I'd shoot you too! Only I can steal berries!"

Eve grabbed the invisible thing and threatened Airin, but Raq jumped to the rescue, "Wait! Don't use your magic! I bet I have something in here that lets you see invisible things. Or people. Whatever that is." SHe rumbled around her pack for a minute, pulling out ring and random objects that each had a small peice of parchment taped to them, "transportation........gaseous form......dispel.......see invisibilty! Hah! found it!" SHe slid the ring onto her finger and pointed it at Eve's captive, "Show all!" She shouted out, as the ring flashed brightly, and when it let down and everyone could see, a lucanesti elf was in white mages' hand.

"I've heard of that. Only in stories, though. I thought they were dead, or that's what i herd. I think they're called Lucanosti.......Lusaneti.....Lucanesta.......Damnit. Somthing like that." (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Avenging_Angel
09/03/2003 4:04 PM

OOC: Princess, raq can't see shadela when you posted: she was invisible.:D;)


IC; Airin jumped up. He instantly spoke the words of magic, and an energy ball hit Cherizal in the chest. He grabbed Shadela and helped her up. "Airin, I swear it was an accident!" she said swiftly. He could tell she was startled, because her words sounded high pitched and almost twittering, like the lucanesti laguage. He held onto her with one hand."First of all I'm speaking of my own free will.My friend can easily hide from you with their inborn magic.The only person that needs know of their prescence was master Justarius, and he did. This friend will be of help for us in ergoth." He lowered his voice. "Shadela, take off the amulet." She raised her hand to her neck, and took off the amulet.


Like a cloak draped around her shoulders that had come unpinned,she became quickly visible. Airin gave a grim smile. He knew that they would be startled. Shadela's black hair was shimmering blue, and her opal eyes and skin caught the dying sunlight. She was standing with her pack over one shoulder, and a seashell around her neck. The invisibility charm was in her webbed bluish hand."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

QueshuWarrior
09/03/2003 4:50 PM

OOC: Angel, do you even read other peoples posts? Princess said that Raq used a magical device to reveal the lucanesti. And I dont think your allowed to attack another PC, that goes for both of you.

BIC: "Well, they would have shot me anyway. They're closing their borders to any other race but themselves and have warned to shoot anyone who does." Jalen reminded his companions, concerning elves.

"Whats going on?!" Jalen asked in shock at the sight of Airin casting a spell against Cherizal. Jalen stood between the two mages.

"Airin, Cherizal had the right to be suspicious. Why did you hide her from us anyway?" Jalen asked suspiciously. So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

PrincessOfDarkness
09/03/2003 6:22 PM

OOC: Angel, i'm starting to get pissed. this is the second, technically third thime you've CLEARLY not read my post. You can't just skip over paragraphs, you know. I DO say important stuff within them. OBVIOUSLY Quesh saw that I used a magic item to see you. And If you posted mine right after mine and didn't see what I posted you should edit it because I POSTED FIRST.

I'm GOING to REALLY bite your head off if you don't start paying attention. Becuase you're causing me EXTREME unnesacery grief.

To defend you, PCs are allowed to attack other PCs. It's just a matter of wh at injuries are sustained that has to be judged between both attacker and victim. See, i'm not as biased as I looked.

And Angel, i've been in your shoes. I got bitched at by Kalia, but I corrected mehself. And you should too. READ MY POSTS.

~~~~\/ I really wanted to write this but that would be OOC for Raq. But I typed it up anyway. But it's still OOC,

OOC: "You stupid magi!" Raq muttered and threw up her hands and sighed, "Always casting stuff! The world would just be so much easier if you just STABBED each other and got on with it. Instead you have to do the magical thing," SHe waved her fingers in a mock-spellcast, "And spout some gibberish," she shouted some gibberish, "and throw magic bolts at eachother! Just STAB eachother!"

(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Avenging_Angel
09/03/2003 6:38 PM

OOC: Sorry princess:(:(:(:(:(:(:(. I should have read it more thoroughly. I deserve it, because you now have the extreme right to bitch at me. I was in a hurry, and I wanted to get my post up, so I didn't read it thoroughly. My bad totally. *Hangs head in shame* You have the express right to bitch at me for a month. (BTW: princess, even if I had noticed, it wouldn't have worked with raqs ring. Shadela was using her magic too. Only the person who owned the amulet or the one who was wearing it could reveal themselves.I should have said that before)"Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 6:40 PM]

Cherizal
09/04/2003 1:01 AM


Eve grabbed the invisible thing and threatened Airin


OOC: Actually it's Cherizal not Eve.


Lucanosti.......Lusaneti.....Lucanesta.......Damnit. Somthing like that


OOC: Shadela is only 1/4 Lucanesti, so I believe she looks more like a Dargonesti.

BIC: Cherizal was taken by surprise. She hadn't thought Airin capable of attacking her like that and she didn't have time to cast a protection spell.
She lay now on the ground, her eyes were closed and her face ashen. It felt like her chest was burning and the pain was almost too much to bear.
It would be so easy to let go... but she couldn't. The anger inside her wouldn't allow it. It was so strong that it gave her strength to open her eyes and point a trembling finger at Airin:
"Bastard... I swear... you will pay for this!" then she choked, but managed somehow to say in a feeble voice: "Healer... I need a healer..."

Avenging_Angel
09/04/2003 9:04 AM

IC: Airin was alarmed by how devastating the spell had been. That was the trick of it: It fooled the person who had been attacked with it into believing they were injured horribly, when in reality they were just under an illusion. spel. He waved his hand and chanted. The spell lifted, and the illusory wounds and burns dissappeared. He turned to face Jalen. " Since there was no real reason for any of you to know of her prescence, I did not deem it necessary. and I knew tht there would be questions that I didn't want to deal with." He glanced at cherizal. "A very useful illusion.""Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
09/04/2003 9:49 AM

Cherizal felt the pain vanish and her strength return. She was still dizzy but she could fully comprehend Airin's words.
She rose to her feet trying to control her emotions. She wanted so badly to cast a real fireball at Airin... Oh, yes, so badly. But she knew she would just get in big trouble if she did.

She took a big breath and looked at him with hatred.
"This is not over, Airin. You will regret your impudence sooner or later, I promise".
Then she walked away needing to be alone for a while.

gait_firestorm
09/04/2003 9:50 AM

Azkur watched on his horse, holding his bow in hand. They were all talking to the lunecesti(however you say it). Sitara was quite this instant. Niether of them understood what was going on.

Sitara eyed Azkur. He was staring ahead in an akward silence, and she saw something different about the elven eyes. They were much darker than before. He was never this calm before. Azkur had seen this forest from somewhere around, like a memory that was lost.

Sitara walked up to join the crowd, leaving Azkur behind. He slowly jumped off his horse, pulled out his sword and silently scouted off into the woods."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

gait_firestorm
09/04/2003 10:36 AM

Azkur was now keeping a steady pace through the forest. He had been ahead of them by a couple hundred yards when he almost reached qualinost. A flurry of arrows suddenly flew at him. He was found!

He was soon surrounded by elves. He had his sword drawn, ready for action. He would protect himself from this danger. "Pardon, young ranger ." "Ranger?"he thought.Azkur turned to see an elf, cloaked in the finest leather and had the figure of a skull on his vest," but you are trespassing on our land."

He had never seen anything like this from any elf, the cloths were mysterious. Before he knew it, he was knocked by a hard club in the back of his head."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

PrincessOfDarkness
09/04/2003 1:48 PM

OOC: Gait, new lines when new people talk. Can you also explain who these elves are?

BIC~

Raq glared at Airian and Cherizal, "You two should cut it out. Airin, you should have told us this elfy thing was coming, and Cherizal, you should calm your anger. It's good for you. Go take it out on a tree. And...." she looked around, "Where did Azkur go?"(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/04/2003 8:45 PM

Eve first concerned smiled at Jalen after seeing he was uninjured.

Eve gasped, Airin had attacked Cherizal. Even if it was an illusion, Airin could not be trusted. He had hiden the elven women from them and refused to give in,"Airin, this isn't going to work. Go back to the tower, we wont be able to work like this," Eve was mad. She hated untrust worthy people.



"You two should cut it out. Airin, you should have told us this elfy thing was coming, and Cherizal, you should calm your anger. It's good for you. Go take it out on a tree. And...." she looked around, "Where did Azkur go?"


"I agree with Raq, Cherizal save your anger when it is needed," Eve looked around only seeing the kender but not her partner Azuk,"He must have gone on ahead, no one would be stupid enough to enter thoughs woods knowing what they held."

OOC: Gait if thoughs are villians working for Fin'lar then um....change the post. I was going to move forward with Fern's troops and introduce Ash as soon as Angel's other character was revealed. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/05/2003 2:06 AM


"I agree with Raq, Cherizal save your anger when it is needed,"


Cherizal thought that her anger was more than justified. It was her who had been attacked! What was she supposed to do?!? Ask to be hit one more time?

She shook her head and went to sit by a tree. She rested hear forehead on her knees, closed her eyes and tried to empty her mind from all the negative thoughts and emotions. She felt exhausted both physically and emotionally. Her head was acheing, and so was her heart.

No matter where I am, no matter what I do, I am alway a cast out. Even among these people that I don't know, I get pushed away and punished for something that is not my fault. I can't take it anymore, but what can I do?

She gave herself ten minutes of needed solitude, then went back to the others. Her face was now a pale and unreadable mask. Noone would ever again get close enough to hurt her. She didn't say anything. The others could take the decisions, she didn't care anymore.

Avenging_Angel
09/05/2003 8:19 AM

IC: airin was irritated. "Eve, I fully intended to let her make her prescence known, but until she was comfortable with having you know, she had no reason to let you know. Tha she revealed herself at all shows that we both have trust in you. Justarius knew Shadela was coming with us. He gave me the magical invisibility pendant. If he did not tell, as i thought he would, then it was for some purpose. I was not about to compromise the will of the Conclave. I will be going to Ergoth, because I was sent. Shadela ha buisiness there, so she is staying as well. And I was right in a way. I show trust in you, and you simply yell at me for not revealing her in the first place. Did it occur to you that perhaps it was for a purpose? Maybe I believed you would act like this? And you have shown no evidence to prove me or Justarius wrong."

He sat down and Shadela remained standing, nervously leaning against the tree. He knew cherizal was angry, but the illusion he had cast had been out of concern for his friend. And the spell had done no harm, unlike what Cherizals spells would have done to Shadela, if he hadn't cast it.

He turned to Cherizal. "I shouldn't have cast such a hard spell on you, but you had attached my friend. If you hadn't threatened her, then I would have told the truth." "Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Cherizal
09/05/2003 9:15 AM


He turned to Cherizal. "I shouldn't have cast such a hard spell on you, but you had attached my friend. If you hadn't threatened her, then I would have told the truth."


"I wasn't going to harm her, Airin. Do you believe I'm such a fool? I just wanted to see who or what you were hiding, as you refused to answer our questions" Her tone was calm and polite, but cold as ice. She turned her back on him and went to see to her horse.

gait_firestorm
09/05/2003 10:20 AM

Azkur woke up from his unconciousness. He rubbed his eyes, looked around for a moment and then shook his head. These elves thought he was something else. They gave him strange looks everytime an elf passed the door to the room he was in.

Azkur knew who these elves were finally as the leader came in. "I am Gilthas, young master." Theres that word again. "Why do you keep call-" but he was cut off. "We have been wanting someone like you to help us in war."

There was a war going on with the Qualinesi forest! "I am sorry but i cant, i have another war to settle." Gilthas looked at him. "There is only one war going on and it involves you, your being looked for." He was caught in suprise. "Why am i being searched for?" Gilthas laid a hand on Azkurs shoulder. "You caused this war...that is why, master wizard..." He glared at Gilthas for a moment, then he closed his eyes.

OOC: Ok heres the deal on me. I wont be on until monday so i will have a lot to read by then. Just dont leave me out of this!

"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

[Edited by gait_firestorm on Friday, September 5, 2003 10:22 AM]

Cherizal
09/05/2003 10:36 AM

OOC: We won't let you out, but it would be nice to know what you have in mind! Are you going to escape? Or should we try to rescue you? Well, if we don't get any answer, I guess we'll try to sort it out somehow.

Flandrake
09/05/2003 8:19 PM


I will be going to Ergoth, because I was sent. Shadela ha buisiness there, so she is staying as well.


"You wanted to come. You were not sent. We all had are reasons for coming but that is beside the point. If you must go to Ergoth then you go alone," Eve mounted her horse,"Come, Jalen, Raq, Cherizal. We must not waste any more time."
-------------------------------------------

"Sir our scouts report the group is along the border off Qualinesti. They should reach us by mid-day."

"Good, make sure the men are ready to move out," Christopher ordered.

OOC: Gait, I would also like to know what your doing. I posted that an ambush was waiting for the party. If you wanted to expand the story that wasn't the time to do it. The characters aren't developed yet, we have barely left the Tower of High Sorcery.

Also Angel I would like to know why Shadela was invisable in the first place. At first it was for her to hide from the mages but that doesn't work because they would know she is there. Justariuas may have known but that was only after we kept telling you to change your post.
So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/06/2003 1:59 AM

"Azkur is missing. Shall we just leave him behind? I think he's just giving us trouble fainting all the time, but Justarius wanted him to join us for some reason. What about the kender? And Raq doesn't even know what we are supposed to do!"

Cherizal bit her lip, she had decided to let the others take the command without asking questions, but it was not so simple and she felt very frustrated because of all the problems they had already had in the few hours that have passed since leaving the tower.

PrincessOfDarkness
09/06/2003 8:05 AM

"Well, I was GOING to head to Ergoth before I got magicked off them. Heard some strange rumors, ya know? Wacked-out mages taking over people. And cause you're all strict, that doesn't happen to much. Were you heading there as well? If so, we may have probaly ran into eachother somewhere along the way."

She looked up to Cherizal and then back to the kender, "Leave 'em here, really. I mean, his visions of death are doing nothing but causing us stress and loosing time, which is something that shouldn't be lost, becuase you can't find it in my pockets. I problay have SOMETHING that could find or warp us. Maybe you can appraise all my stuff that i don't know what it does already and tell me what is does. How does that sound?"(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/07/2003 7:36 PM


Maybe you can appraise all my stuff that i don't know what it does already and tell me what is does. How does that sound?"


"I would be happy to, though I would need to take some of the dangerous items away. We should do that next rest stop. But we have already wasted too much time. Come, get on Cloud's back," Eve wanted to leave and get on with the mission as soon as possible.

OOC: BTW Cloud is her horse. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Avenging_Angel
09/07/2003 7:49 PM

OOC: Flandrake, Shadela was invisible because Airin gave her a pendant to make her invisible. He hadn't thought of the fact that another mage would notice it.And flan, your having Eve act pretty nasty for a white robe, in my opinion.....(Or I could be crazy) And all of you, please stop trying to leave Airin behind. Cherizal asked for a black robe, and I made a black robe. They can't just abandon him, because Justarius specified that a black robe was supposed to go with them. Cherizal, if I have Airin apologize and such, can you please have the others lay off with leaving him behind??? (you ARE the DM)


BIC: Airin, for the first time in his life, hung his head in shame. "I should have trusted you more then I did. And for that I apologize sincerely. But we need to go to Ergoth, and in my opinion, the fate of High Sorcery Magic lays in how much we can find out about the sorcerer there.I have not been trusting, but I hope that you can see that I am trustworthy.The fate of magic and the dealing with of a renegade wizard is the affairs of all three orders, and I have been not acting appropriately as the representative of the black robes. However, I realize my fault, and I'm going to be more trusting, and worthy in the future." He rose and Shadela glided over to his horse, and beganorganizing the packs on it.

He knew that was just an outlet of nervous energy one her part. She appeared especially intimidated by Jalen, even though she was unusual looking herself."Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

Flandrake
09/07/2003 9:13 PM

OOC:

And flan, your having Eve act pretty nasty for a white robe, in my opinion.


Only to Airin, who is a black robe and he did attack Cherizal. Eve is acting fine to everyone else aside from Airin(and Shadela but she hasn't even spoken to her). And it was your choice to have Airin act that way. I don't want to leave a character behind but that is what Eve's character would do. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/08/2003 3:30 AM

Cherizal was ready to go but hesitated.
"Eve, I really hate to say this, but... Justarius wanted 3 mages, one of every order, to go on this mission. That must mean that we will need to work white, red and black magic together sometime. We can't really leave Airin behind, unless you, Jalen or Raq know another black robe who is willing to join us."

Then she looked at Sitara.
"Sitara, you should stay here and wait for you friend Azkur. When he gets back, tell him that we are going to Haven and see if you can catch up with us. I guess you can, if you ride fast!"

Avenging_Angel
09/08/2003 7:13 AM

OOC: i guess your right flan....
BIC: Airin got on the horse. Shadela got on behind him. "I hope that Azkur is safe and not lost. I doubt that he's lost, he's a ranger, after all. Is this the road to Haven?""Every revolution carries within it the seeds of it's own destruction"-Frank Herbert's "Children Of Dune"

gait_firestorm
09/08/2003 9:41 AM

OOC: ok im back. I am planning on Azkur being gone for the while. I will take Sitara for awhile and take charge of her. I will mention Azkur every once in awhile until we get to a good part of the story. Sitara will be a main to this story.

BIC: Sitara pondered a moment. She didnt want to be alone and she didnt want to take time for Azkur to get back. "Could i stay will you all? This adventure is quite exciting. Azkur...can take care of himself." What was she saying. She liked being with her travel buddy.

She watched the others think for a moment. "And i never been to Haven!""No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/08/2003 10:00 AM

OOC:Ok, Gait!

BIC: Cherizal looked at the kendermaid and shrugged.
"Justarius wanted you to come with us for some unknown reason, so yes, I guess you can stay with us. But... I will personally go through your pouches every night and if I find out you have "borrowed" any of our things, I will turn you into a frog!"
Cherizal tried to look frightening, but then shook her head. The kender would surely love to be turned into a frog, finding it an interesting experience.

gait_firestorm
09/08/2003 10:45 AM

Sitara giggled about thinking about being a frog. She then searched her pouch and pulled out a spoon. "Hey Cherizal, this is the kender spoon of turning. This is the exact one of Tasslehoff Burrfoot." She glanced at Cherizal who was not listening. She was in her own world or something.



"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/08/2003 11:09 AM


Sitara giggled about thinking about being a frog. She then searched her pouch and pulled out a spoon. "Hey Cherizal, this is the kender spoon of turning. This is the exact one of Tasslehoff Burrfoot." She glanced at Cherizal who was not listening. She was in her own world or something.


Cherizal had been listening to Sitara and her words had brought memories of the past to her mind. She sighed and managed to smile to the kender.
"Let me see it, Sitara, so I can tell you if it's the real thing. Because you see, I met Tas once years ago before he became a hero of the lance. He was quite useful to us in that occasion, so who knows, maybe you'll be able to help as well."

Flandrake
09/08/2003 4:01 PM

Eve sighed she new Cherizal was right,"Fine, Airin I hope you will not make any more untrustworthy decesions." Eve waited for Raq to get on behind her then they continued on the road to Haven finally staring their journey on a rather untastfull note. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

QueshuWarrior
09/08/2003 4:51 PM

Jalen came up behind Sitara and lifted her up in the air and onto the grey horse. Jalen then mounted in front of her.

"Hold on." Jalen warned before galloping down the path behind Eve and Raq.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

PrincessOfDarkness
09/08/2003 6:06 PM

Raq nodded to Even and swung herself onto the horse behind the white robe. SHe checked that all her random pockets were secured and smiled to herself. Adventures were good.

"The next time we stop, I can show you some of my weapons that I've snatched from who's know where," She said to Jalen, "Maybe you can use one of them. Magical pouches.......gods' greatest creations. Gotta love 'em for storing your broadswords," She winked and chuckled. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
09/09/2003 3:16 AM

Cherizal followed the others. She couldn't believe they actually had managed to leave after all the starting problems they had had. She thought of Azkur for a moment wondering what had happened to him and hoping he was allright. Unfortunately they couldn't waste anymore time to wait for him. She had a weird feeling... She knew somehow they had to hurry or everything would be lost.

OOC: Flan, is it time for your ambush now?

gait_firestorm
09/10/2003 9:56 AM

Azkur was being dragged to a place in Qualinost. "Young Master, " Gilthas spoke, "you started this war...i am going to end it." "I dont know what your talking about! I didnt start a war!" Azkur looked ahead and saw something he didnt like seeing.

A "gullitine"(how ever the heck you spell it.) was waiting for him.

He struggled to free himself but he couldnt. He was pulled up onto the thing and was latched down. He prayed his last moment. Then he heard teh blade swing down.

**********************************
OOC: ok, Azkur is not dead, someone is going to save him alrighty?

IC: Sitara rode behind Jalen. They were some distance away from Qualinesti forest now. She thought about Azkur. "Will we come back and get him?" She spoke."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/10/2003 10:42 AM


IC: Sitara rode behind Jalen. They were some distance away from Qualinesti forest now. She thought about Azkur. "Will we come back and get him?" She spoke.


Cherizal smiled a sad smile.
"It's hard to say, Sitara. I guess the only thing we have to worry about right now is staying alive. If we manage to do that and accomplish what we are sent to do, well then we will certainly come back and get your friend".

I am actually having a conversation with a kender! I must be going completely mad!

[Edited by Cherizal on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 10:42 AM]

PrincessOfDarkness
09/10/2003 12:11 PM

OOC: Gait, we can't just save you.None of us are over there, we're still on the path, and even if we could then we've already deciding basically against it. You got yourself in, you have get yourself out."(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

DarkNuitari
09/11/2003 4:24 PM

OOC: Hi! I was wondering if anyone here could give me a quick overview of the current situation in the thread. I've read the first couple of posts, but find it an overwhelming task to read all 130+ so far.
I was thinking of joining maybe as a dragon ally to the renegade wizard who has taken over Ergoth? He could be aiding him/her with his magic or such, and that would explain his/her quick invasion of Ergoth seemingly by his/herself. He could be in the background until he is discovered? I'm sorry if this is too late maybe to join, but I would appreciate it if I could. :)

PrincessOfDarkness
09/11/2003 7:11 PM

OOC: You'll have to ask Flan about joining as the bad guy's ally, as he IS the bad guy. But i'm Ok with it...

Basically, we have three wizards, Eve, white (Queshu), Cherizal, red (herself) and i think Angel was Airin, black but she left (thank god!). Along the way Ra Azkur (Gait) going to Ergoth. Jalen ( Azkur got himself caugh by Qualinesti dark knights or something(http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

PrincessOfDarkness
09/11/2003 7:13 PM

OOC: You'll have to ask Flan about joining as the bad guy's ally, as he IS the bad guy. But i'm Ok with it...

Basically, we have three wizards, Eve, white (Flan), Cherizal, red (herself) and i think Angel was Airin, black but she left (thank god!). Along the way Raq (My theify char) accidently magiked herself there, Jalen (a warrior with stone skin- Flan), and Azkur (Gait) going to Ergoth. Azkur got himself caugh by Qualinesti dark knights or something. His kender companion (Sitiara-gait) is worried for him but they're off to Ergoth now. So feel free. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/11/2003 8:52 PM

OOC: Sure you can join DN. Just give me the info about your dragon and I can start up the story line in Ergoth.

Currently the group just left the Tower of High Sorcery. Nothing else really happened. Fin'lar(the renegade) sent Ash(elf) to join them as a spy. Nothing really Angel really made the thread drag on with her little invisable character.

BIC: The group continued on down the road. Everything seemed rather peacefull the kender chatting away the horses moving at an even pace. The silence was broken when an arrow was fired hitting Jalen in the shoulder breaking against his stone skin.

"We are under attack!" Eve shouted. She halted the horse and dismounted knowing she wouldn't be able to perform all of her spells while mounted.
----------------------------------

Ash smiled,"Finally," Ashe kicked his horse forward the black horse ran down the hillside charging into his expendable "allies". He had his curved sword drawn and would connect with the enemy in a matter of moments.

OOC: Did Angel really leave? If so we should think up a replacement for her or something. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/12/2003 3:44 AM

OOC: Hello Dark Nuitar! You are very welcome to join the thread!
I don't know if Angel has left or not, but she hasn't posted since monday, so I guess she's out. We could make Airin and Shadela disappear during the attack, so the problem is solved.

Then we'll need to find another black robed wizard on the way. Nuitari, you could also play the mage if you want, otherwise the dragon will be fine. Anyone who wants to play the black robe? If not, I guess I'll do it. I just have to think of something. Ideas are welcome!

BIC: Cherizal was startled by the sudden attack. After a short moment of hesitation, she dismounted, the words of a spell already on her lips.
She looked around trying to see who was attacking them and from where.

gait_firestorm
09/12/2003 10:00 AM

OOC: Does anyone think we are going to save these boards? I just wnat to know.
"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/12/2003 11:15 AM

OOC: Yes, if you read the other forums, you'll see that Chung has decided to keep the boards. So I don't think we need to worry ;)

PrincessOfDarkness
09/12/2003 2:13 PM

As soon as Raq saw the arrow, she jumped and pulled a dagger out of her boot. It as thrown with expert accuacy, and hit the nearest on in the head, "Elves!" SHe shouted, "Elven arrow!"

She pulled out the sapphire-hilt dagger, and a random one out of her pocket, which was fairly normal minus the runes on the blade, and fell into a fighting stance. A stance which was nothing short of a practiced, hard-lessons-learned, fighter. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

QueshuWarrior
09/12/2003 5:47 PM

OOC: PoD, Im playing Jalen, Flans playing Eve. Dont pull an Angel. And gait, your attempts to be noticed are very unrealistic. Just stick with the group, or let the guillatine do its work. :) And I said Sitara was on the same horse as Jalen. Kenders dont deserve their own ride.

BIC: Jalen was thrown back a bit by the impact of the arrow. He staggered then fell off his moving horse. The horse halted when it realized it was not being ridden anymore.

Jalen pushed himself up off the dirt rode. He turned and saw a man charging at him. Jalen instinctively drew his hand axe. He blocked the mans curved sword with his stone arm, causing a small chip, which was a rare thing for a sword to do to him. Jalen winced in pain, but managed to swing the handaxe in his other hand. The man skillfully moved back, avoiding the swing, then twisted Jalens wrist, causing him to drop the handaxe. The man smashed the unarmed Jalen in the face with the hilt of his sword, making a loud clank. Jalen staggered back. The man then skillfully swept Jalens legs from underneath him, causing him to land with a heavy thud on the dirt path.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Flandrake
09/12/2003 5:58 PM

OOC: I guess it's my fault for not being clear. Ash wasn't charging at us he was charging at the guys attacking us. Not all of them are elves, though I'm sure they would have some good stuff.

IC: Ash loped off the head of an archer and rode toward the mounted rider who attack the warrior with the stone skin. He came up behind and slashed straight through the neck.

"It appears you could use some help!" He flashed a smile and rode toward the archers. Several of whom had dropped their bow's in exchange for swords. They were very confused by Ash who had attacked them. The elader was unaware concentrating on killing the mages.

Eve brought up a protection barrier as several arrows flew at them. She brought it down to have Cherizal fire several energy blasts causing many men to leave there squad. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

QueshuWarrior
09/12/2003 6:18 PM

Jalen quickly got up, he would thank the person who helped him later.

Jalen saw a line of six elven archers coming forward from the treeline. He began to walk steadily towards them, drawing his wooden club. (OOC: Reminder, its a wooden shaft with wood knob at the end, like a golf club)

The archers strung their bows and released. Six arrows flew at Jalen, each bouncing off his chest. Jalen winced a little at each arrow, but moved forward at the same pace with a look of hatred in his eyes. The archers became nervous and drew their longswords from their hilts. They charged at Jalen. Numerous swings struck Jalen, who did not feel anything but uncomort from the hits. Jalen swung his club into the side of an elfs face. The head snapped back and the elf fell to the floor, the blow causing the cheek to become raw and mutalated. Jalen swung at another elfs gut, all the while being stabbed at and sliced at. One of the four remaining elves lept onto Jalens back, a dagger in his hands. The elf roared and brought the dagger point down as hard as he could onto Jalens shoulder. There was a clank and Jalen roared in pain. A crack formed on his shoulder and blood began to trickle out. Jalen furiously elbowed the man on his back in the face. He then made a final swing at the grounded elf, killing him. Jalen grabbed one of the remaining three by the collar of its leather armor and headbutted the elf in the face. The elf staggered back, clutching its bleeding nose, and fell to the ground moaning in pain. Both of Jalens weapons had been dropped. The stone-man was trained in boxing while with military and wasnt new to these situations.

The other two elves surrounded Jalen. One swung its sword at Jalens neck with as much force as he could. Jalen jabbed the elf in the mouth at the same time the sword met his neck. The elf spun to the floor, and Jalen stood unharmed. The final elf attacking Jalen had gotten Jalen in a choke hold from behind. Jalen hiptossed him, throwing him to the ground in front of him. He then pounced on him, smashing his stone knee into the elfs gut. Mounted over the elf, Jalen swung his fists furiously, until the elfs face was a bloody pulp. Jalens famous battle rage was returning to him. And he liked it!

OOC: I was just explaining the remaining elves attacking Jalen. There are still many elves for y'all to fight, if you want.So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
09/13/2003 4:03 AM

Cherizal nodded grateful to Eve for bringing a protection barrier up, then she shut everything out and dropped into herself concentrating on her magic. She felt it run through her veins and she enjoyed the powerful feeling for a second, then she made a quick gesture toward Eve. The white robe brought the barrier down and Cherizal let the magic leave her body through her fingertips transforming into energy blasts that stroke several enemies.

Seeing the men die, she felt a sting of pain in her heart. She was an elf and she hated it when life was wasted like that. But she knew that they would take her life, if she didn't take theirs, so she hadn't much of a choice. But still... she hated it.

She allowed herself to rest a few seconds while she looked around in order to see how the others were doing. Jalen and Raq were fighting skillfully and an elf had joined them and was helping them. But there were still a enemies charging. She realized she had enough strength for one more spell, so she made ready and sent a blue lightning toward two men that were closing on her. After this she fell on her knees hoping that Eve had enough energy to keep the barrier up until the attack was over.

Cherizal
09/14/2003 9:31 AM

OOC: If any of you wants more fighting here, then please write it now, otherwise I will just say that there were no more enemies. After this I guess Ash should introduce himself to the group and then we'll move on and try to find a black robe, as Airin is somehow disappeared during the fight. Hope this is fine for all of you.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

PrincessOfDarkness
09/14/2003 10:38 AM

Raq was light on her feet, pressing a button as one two of her pouches dropped, leeting her be even more agile. She dodged a slash of another elven blade, then shoved the sapphire dagger into the elf's knee, sending him to the ground and leavind a crystalline line where she'd punctured his skin. The hilt got a little colder, but nothing to bad. The second one nicked her arm, but she tripped him, stabbed him in the throat, as again she felt her new toy decrease temperature. The open wound also crystalized, leaving an icy filling to the gash she'd made.

She pulled out another dagger and threw it at a third elf, it missing him slightly as he charged. She parried his first, second, and third slash, dodged the fourth, and impaled the top of his head and dragged the blade down the back, making a large gash in his cranium and half-waiting for his brains to fall out. Her hand numbed at the extreme frigity of her blade now, it was getting impossible to hold. Only one more, thank gods. He punched in her in gut, sending her tumbling, but she got back up and kicked him in the head and then tore open him from top of rib-cage to bottom. He fell to the ground as she dropped the icy dagger and rubbed her hands furious together in effort to warm her freezing hand.

"damnit magical blades!" She whispered and pulled one of her boot, throwing it at the back of one of the men that was approching Cherizal, it was off on it's aim but hit his tailbone nevertheless, sending him also down. Her hand was still completely numbed. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
09/15/2003 1:39 AM

Suddenly the screams and the clinging of the blades were gone. Cherizal opened her eyes and rose a little unstable to her feet. A great number of dead bodies lay on the road, there were no enemies left, the battle was over. She sighed in relief and looked around to make sure all her companions were unharmed.

"Where are Airin and his Dargonesti friend?" They didn't seem to be among the dead. And their horse was gone too. Had they fled?
"And who are you?" she added talking to the elf that had helped them in the fight.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

gait_firestorm
09/16/2003 10:02 AM

OOC: ok, i am back. ANd who is the elf who helped in the battle?
"No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/16/2003 10:26 AM

OOC: Nice to see you back! The elf is one of Flan's bad guys. He's a spy.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Flandrake
09/17/2003 4:26 PM


"And who are you?" she added talking to the elf that had helped them in the fight.


"My name is Ash. You don't see mages of different orders traveling together; not to mention the company you keep. If you don't my asking what was this whole thing all about. Thoughs humans and elves didn't seem like regular bandits to me."

OOC: Sry it took so long for me to post. I've been busy with school and try to get to all the threads but can't always do it. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

PrincessOfDarkness
09/17/2003 6:05 PM

"Hi, Ash!" Raq said, testing the blade to make sure it wouldnt re-numb her fingers. She picked it up and wrapped a cloth aroudn the blade and stuck it back in her sheath, "My name is Raquel, but call me Raq. It's nice to meet you. I think."

She bowed with a grin. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Cherizal
09/18/2003 11:13 AM

OOC: It's ok, Flan. I just wanted to be sure that you had not left the thread.

BIC: "Yes, we are a strange pack, but these are strange times. I don't know who those people were. They just attacked us. Maybe we should have kept one alive and questioned him, but it's too late for that now."

Cherizal shrugged and looked intensely at Ash. Who was he? And was he to be trusted? Trust had to be earned, she decided. It was too dangerous to believe in people. But they had already lost Airin and Azkur and needed some skilled people with them if they wanted to have chance to get to Ergoth alive.

"We are going to Haven. You can ride with us, if you are going in that direction, and on the way you can tell us how come you showed up at the right moment"
Cherizal mounted and got ready to ride off. She was exhausted, but she knew they could not waste time to let her rest. She hoped they would make camp before the sun set.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Flandrake
09/18/2003 6:08 PM

"I'll gladly ride with you to Haven," Ash would have to whatch his moves he couldn't seem to out of the ordinary. "And as for me being in the right place at the right time I was following some hunting tracks. I saw thoughs guys and wanted to see who they were obviously going to attack."

Ash nodded to the others and greeted them. The group formed up and they continued on their way to Haven.

--------------------------------

"Captain Fern! Our abush party was killed."

"What!"

"And Ash is no where to be found."

Could he have betrayed us?!? No Ash wouldn't do that. He wouldn't do that to Fin'lar

"Get the remaining troops together. This time I'll get them personally!" Fern stood and clenched her fist. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

[Edited by Flandrake on Sunday, September 21, 2003 10:02 PM]

Cherizal
09/20/2003 11:37 AM


"I'll gladly ride with you to Haven," Ash would have to whatch his moves he couldn't seem to out of the ordinary. "And as for me being in the right place at the right time I was following some hunting tracks. I saw thoughs guys and wanted to see who they were obviously going to attack."


Cherizal raised a brow hearing Ash's explanation, but she was too tired to question him further and decided to accept his statement for the time being.

During the next two days they continued their travel without inconveniencies. They rode at a fast pace, stopping only to let the horses rest from time to time. At the end of the third day they made camp in a small clearing not far from the main road.

They had killed a couple of rabbits and where now preparing their evening meal. They were all tired and there was not much talk around the fire.
Cherizal was studying her spellbook, when she heard the sound of hoves.
"Someone is coming"

A lonely rider appeared from the shadows a few moments later. Cherizal rose to her feet ready to cast a spell if necessary.
"Who are you? ... Airin?" she asked the figure in black robes that had just dismounted.

"No, I am not Airin" said the man in a soft voice. When he got closer, Cherizal saw that he didn't look like Airin at all. He was very tall, his hair was quite long and black with a few white streaks and his eyes gray. He was quite handsom, but the look in his eyes was hard and cold.

"My name's Zander and I am here to talk to Cherizal and Eve, this is quite important" He motioned the two mages to get closer.
Cherizal was puzzled and looked at him with suspicion. But she was curious as well. How could he know her name? She didn't remember to have met him before.

Zander waited until the two mages had got closer, then said:
"I don't know if the rest of your party is to be trusted, that's why I wanted to talk to you first before revealing more. I've been sent by Dalamar to join you on your mission."

"Dalamar?" Cherizal was surprised. Dalamar had attended the conclave as he was supposed to do as Head of the black robes, but he hadn't said anything when Justarius had spoken about Ergoth.

"Yes. I am one of his apprentices and he wasn't pleased that Airin would represent the black robes on this mission as he doesn't trust him. So he asked me if I was interested and I said yes. Then he persuaded Airin to leave the party."

"So that's why Airin disappeared... But what's happened to him? And why did Dalamar send you instead of coming himself?"
"Don't worry Airin's not dead. My master offered him something that he couldn't refuse. He sent me because he and the heads of the other orders will have to fight Fin'lar when and if we are successfull and they need to prepare themselves."

Cherizal didn't really know if she had to believe him or not, but the fact was that they needed a black robe. She looked at Eve wondering what she thought about Zander and his explanation.


I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

[Edited by Cherizal on Saturday, September 20, 2003 11:54 AM]

PrincessOfDarkness
09/20/2003 3:55 PM

OOC: Flan, missed a bracket. ^^

BIC~

Raq looked at the black robed mage with a raised eyebrow, "Are you replacing Airin or something?" She asked suspiciously, "You are.......Zander. I am called Raquel."

It was clear that the theif did not trust the magi, as she moved away from him silkily. Her eyes still appraised his belongings, but she made no move to pocket them, "We should continue.....we've barely gotten anywhere." (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/21/2003 10:10 PM


OOC: Flan, missed a bracket. ^^


My bad, thanks for tellin me.

IC: Ash's ears twitched. He listened quietlyDalamar sent him?!? Well then I guess Fern will die quicker than I thought

Eve nodded,"It would be good to have another mage and Justarius did say one from each other. I understand why Dalamr was not happy Airin came with us. I'm glad we have another mage to complete this mission."

---------

Fern rode leading her group of thirty troops. "Ash, damn him. I wont let him get awat with his betrayal." So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/22/2003 1:01 AM

Cherizal shrugged.
"Very well, Zander. Come and sit with us by the fire. Dinner will soon be ready."

Zander nodded and studied the rest of the company.
And these people should help save the world? What was Justarius thinking about? Well, he wasn't been sent to question the work of the head of the conclave. He would save the world by himself if necessary. But he had to be sure nothing happened to the other two mages. Without them he could not complete his mission. The others were on their own though, he wouldn't waste any of his energy for their sake.

Cherizal gave Zander a bowl of rabbit stew and asked.
"You have been sent by Dalamar. What has he told you about this mission? Have you got any useful information?"

Zander looked at her coldly.
"No, I don't know more than you."
The truth was that he had some very important information he had got from his master, but he had decided not to share it with the rest of the group. Cherizal and Eve would learn about it eventually, but he didn't trust the others and didn't wish to jeopardize the mission telling too much.

Cherizal was very disappointed by Zander's answer. It all seemed so hopeless to her.
I guess I must have faith in the gods and be patient
She finished her stew in silence.

OOC: Flan, will Fern attack before we get to Haven?


I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

[Edited by Cherizal on Monday, September 22, 2003 5:27 AM]

Arandur
09/22/2003 3:25 AM

OOC: Sorry to but in, just wanted to say you have a great story going here Cherizal :)

Cherizal
09/22/2003 5:30 AM

OOC: Thanks, Arandur ;) You are very welcome to join if you feel like. A few people have left the thread, and it would be nice with some new input!
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

gait_firestorm
09/22/2003 9:48 AM

OOC: I havent left the thread! ahh! I am so busy lately with school.

IC: Azkur walked outside the forest of Qualinesti. He was scared up from lashes he had earned. He had torn clothes and a dirty face. His hair was messed up and he was hungry. He was lucky he had escaped.
He glanced back at the forest as he kept getting farther and farther away. Then he fainted. His head was throbbing badly. He looked around at the sky then heard footsteps near him..."No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/22/2003 12:58 PM


OOC: I havent left the thread! ahh! I am so busy lately with school.

IC: Azkur walked outside the forest of Qualinesti. He was scared up from lashes he had earned. He had torn clothes and a dirty face. His hair was messed up and he was hungry. He was lucky he had escaped.
He glanced back at the forest as he kept getting farther and farther away. Then he fainted. His head was throbbing badly. He looked around at the sky then heard footsteps near him...


OOC: Ehm... Gait, that was a cryptic post. Where the hell is Azkur? How did he escape the guillotine. Never mind. Whose footsteps are those?!? If you want one of us to find him, please say so OOC, we don't read minds, not yet at least ;)
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Arandur
09/22/2003 4:12 PM

OOC: Definitely would like to join this post, if it's OK with the other players that is (Is players the right term?). Would be my first thread on the RPGC :) Just let me know what you need in terms of a character and I'll come up with something that'll fit in...

Cherizal
09/23/2003 12:31 AM

OOC: That's great, Arandur, and I don't think anyone has anything against you joining. As I said with need new people to keep this going. As for a character, if you want you can take over Zander, the black robe, and shape him as you want. I had to create him because Angel left the thread after messing everything up :( Otherwise it's up to you. Maybe some kind of warrior, as Queshu hasn't posted for a while.

I'll make Cherizal find Azkur, so we can be all together again.

BIC: Cherizal felt uncomfortable. There was tension in the air, well, there had been tension since they had left the tower, but it had got suddenly worse since the arrival of Zander. Her companions obviously didn't trust him and she couldn't blame them for that.

She decided that a short time alone would help her feel better. She collected all the bowls and left the camp to wash the dishes. When she was finished, she closed her eyes and tried to relax and connect with the nature around her. She let the breeze cool her skin and the smell of the forest filled her nostrils. She was now filled with new strength and a sense of peace. She sighed delighted and was going to walk back to the camp when she heard something.

She hid behind a big tree and waited to see who was coming. She was very surprised to recognize Azkur in the figure that was approaching. She saw him faint and hurried to help him.
"Azkur... Can you hear me? Are you allright?"
He didn't seem able to talk, so she took a quick decision and cast a levitation spell on him, then lead him to the camp.


I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

[Edited by Cherizal on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:02 AM]

Arandur
09/23/2003 3:57 PM

OOC: Zander it is then :).

IC: ...Zander rose as Cherizal entered the camp, trailing the comatose figure in the air behind her. His dark brow rose in surprise and a slight smile of amusement spread across his lips. He rose from his place by the fire and walked swiftly across the shadowed camp to inspect the hovering figure.

"And what do we have here? An intruder perhaps..." he asked, his grey eyes searching Azkur and noticing the steady rise and fall of the chest. He looked to Cherizal, his face as hard as steel.

"I hope that when we come to Ergoth, my noble companion, that you can rid yourself of this sentiment. It would be...tedious to carry every vanquished foe in our wake." He added, his voice reeked of sarcasm and his eyes searched the camp for something more interesting to amuse him. The black robed Wizard looked back to the figure and a dark grin spread across his face as he leant over Azkur...

[Edited by Arandur on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 4:34 PM]

Cherizal
09/24/2003 12:20 AM

OOC: Cool, Arandur ;)


"I hope that when we come to Ergoth, my noble companion, that you can rid yourself of this sentiment. It would be...tedious to carry every vanquished foe in our wake." He added, his voice reeked of sarcasm and his eyes searched the camp for something more interesting to amuse him. The black robed Wizard looked back to the figure and a dark grin spread across his face as he leant over Azkur...


Cherizal's eyes narrowed hearing Zander's words.
"Don't worry, I'm not that noble and you will surely find out by yourself when you will be needing my help." She sneered.

"This is Azkur, one of the people the conclave sent on the mission. He disappeared just before we got attacked. I don't know what's happened to him, but it looks like he's hurt. Why don't you make yourself useful and boil some water? I'll make a poultice for his wounds"

She turned her back on the black robe and with a few words she made Azkur gently land on the ground, then she opened a couple of her pouches and found the herbs she needed to cure him.
"Azkur... Can you hear me?"
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

gait_firestorm
09/24/2003 9:48 AM

Azkur woke up suddenly at the sound of her voice. "Where....where..." his voice trailed off. "Hungry ...water..." Azkur fainted again. Sitara ran up to him, pulled out a dead rat and held it in front of his nose. "No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

Cherizal
09/24/2003 1:41 PM


Azkur woke up suddenly at the sound of her voice. "Where....where..." his voice trailed off. "Hungry ...water..." Azkur fainted again. Sitara ran up to him, pulled out a dead rat and held it in front of his nose.


"Quick! Someone bring me some water!" shouted Cherizal. "Azkur... stay with us..." She saw him faint again and sighed frustrated. "What's wrong with this man? Why does he keep fainting all the time?! There must be a reason.."
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Flandrake
09/24/2003 9:21 PM

OOC: First off, welcome Arandur. You seem like a very talented rper. I'm glad new people like you and Cherizal join the rpgc every now and then.

Second, Gait I really hope your going to explain what happened to Azkur. But you can do it later so I wont jump down your throat.

Third, Fern can attack at any time. She can even attack Haven. I think that would make for the best battle sequence but I'm very flexible.

IC: Ash rose looking at the wounded figure,Hmmmm another one. I wonder if any more of these people will be coming out of the woodwork.

Eve wondered what happened to Azkur. Much mystery seemed to surroned the group from Jalen's stone skin, Airin's dissaperance, Ash's being in the right place at the right time, Zander being sent by Dalamar, and now Azkur coming out of the woods with wounded.

She wondered if they could all be trusted. Ash tapped her shoulder, he was holding a pot of water. Without saying anything eve heated the pot and Ash went over to Cherizal giving her the water. Eve went over to aid Cherizal. Even if Azkur wasn't the most trustworth person he had done nothing wrong and Justarius must of had a reason for sending him with the mages.

So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Arandur
09/25/2003 4:15 PM

IC: ...Zander stepped back away from the limp form of Azkur, his face full of unchecked derision for the wounded figure. He stalked a few steps and leant against a tree, folding his hands within his voluminous black robes while sweeping his gaze across the campfire, noting the odd collection of individuals that had joined this quest.

“Perhaps after you’ve finished wetting down the help, we could lash him to his horse. At least that way you’d be certain of not…misplacing any of the others.” He drolled sarcastically, a wry grin upon his lips.

After a moment he shook his head to himself, This is the best that Justarius could muster? he thought. I wonder what exactly my Shalafi Dalamar is planning...

OOC: Just a quick question, how do you use italics in this forum? It's probably right in fornt of me. And secondly who exactly is left in the thread? (Just a quick run-through or e-mail me on zealmore@bigpond.com)...

[Edited by Arandur on Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:18 PM]

[Edited by Arandur on Thursday, September 25, 2003 7:03 PM]

Cherizal
09/26/2003 5:33 AM

OOC: I have answered to Arandur's question in a mail.
Flan, I think it's fine if Fern attacks Haven. We can just move on quickly when we are finished with this sequence.


“Perhaps after you’ve finished wetting down the help, we could lash him to his horse. At least that way you’d be certain of not…misplacing any of the others.” He drolled sarcastically, a wry grin upon his lips.


Airin was a pain in the ass, but Zander doesn't seem to be better thought Cherizal while she prepared a poultice for Azkur's wounds I wonder why all the black robes have to behave like that. Do they really enjoy being hated by people? She shrugged.

"Eve, could you please try to make Azkur drink some water? He looks very dehydrated to me. I'll fix his wounds."
When she was finished with her task, Cherizal approached Zander and whispered.

"I think you should try to keep your sarcasm for yourself in the future. We are meant to work together on this mission and your attitude will just make things worse than they already are. Unless of course you've been sent here to put obstacles in our way"
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

gait_firestorm
09/26/2003 10:18 AM

OOC: Ok, Azkur was captured by the Elves in Qualinesti. He was then tortured for being the "cause of war." He was lashed many times and was left without food and water. He barley escaped becasue a friend had helped him. To alot of the elves, they see the renegade wizard, but to other people, like Cherizal and the mages, they see him regularly. He doesnt even know it either. "No one can control me as a slave, and sure as heck not my life!"
Gait Firestorm

PrincessOfDarkness
09/26/2003 6:34 PM

OOC: I didn't understand tha teither...

BIC~

As Raq raised a skeptic eyebrow at Azkur, she also again rummaged through her scrollcase, looking for something. Afet a couple of minutes, she sighed and handed teh entire case to CHerizal, "See if there's a healy thing in here." (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/27/2003 1:18 PM


OOC: I didn't understand tha teither...


Uh ya same here. I thought Gait was about ready to be killed. And what war were the elves talking about? Fin'lar just attacked Ergoth. Also I don't agree with him being seen as Fin'lar. It just doesn't make sense. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
09/27/2003 4:38 PM


Uh ya same here. I thought Gait was about ready to be killed. And what war were the elves talking about? Fin'lar just attacked Ergoth. Also I don't agree with him being seen as Fin'lar. It just doesn't make sense.


OOC: I remember he said something about Azkur being possessed by Fin'lar, that must be the reason why some people believe he's the renegade mage. I think it's best if we just move on without expecting further explanation!
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Avenging_Angel
09/29/2003 8:43 AM

OOC: Erm, I'm going to try and rejoin...where the heck is the party? Cherizal, you still with me in "Shadowknight"?We all are faced with choices: choices that we regret, choices that we hate, and choices that we fear. But somehow we make these choices, and life moves on, because in truth, the choices make us.

Cherizal
09/29/2003 10:12 AM


OOC: Erm, I'm going to try and rejoin...where the heck is the party? Cherizal, you still with me in "Shadowknight"?


OOC: Angel, the party is somewhere on the road to Haven and Airin and Shadela are not with them anymore. We've got a new black robe in the story. And no, I'm sorry, but I've left "Shadowknight". Kind of hard having a mortal character when the others are a werewolf and Takhisis' daughter!
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

QueshuWarrior
09/29/2003 6:31 PM

OOC: I want to return because I love Jalen Stone, and I think after this thread gets rid of some members, it could be a lasting thread. Gait a.k.a "BLITZLIGHTNING" should never return. Make your own threads to
f-up. Angel, do the same. So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Avenging_Angel
09/29/2003 7:32 PM

OOC: Darn. Well Cherizal, can I introduce a new char? *Glares at Que-shu*I am a great believer in eswiftfires policy: one person cannot "ruin a thread", because the other members should be good enough to cover for that person's errors.I believe in a thread this size, the same should count for two. Que, I don't know what your problem is with me, but if it weren't for the fact that you are such a good Rp'er, then I would go completely ballistic on you.



OOC: I want to return because I love Jalen Stone, and I think after this thread gets rid of some members, it could be a lasting thread. Gait a.k.a "BLITZLIGHTNING" should never return. Make your own threads to
f-up. Angel, do the same.


And BE NICE to gait! He's a good rp'er, he just needs practice, which he's not going to get if people that can be as stinging as you are constantly attcking him, and riding on every little error he makes. That happened to me, and that's why I was bad at RP'ing when I came here. but some good people, like gait, krackah, cherizal, and Kalia joined myh threads, and I got better. All i'm saying, is patience, Que.:)We all are faced with choices: choices that we regret, choices that we hate, and choices that we fear. But somehow we make these choices, and life moves on, because in truth, the choices make us.

Cherizal
09/30/2003 12:30 AM

OOC: That's cool, Queshu. I thought it was such a pity you had left!
And Angel, please, don't introduce any new characters. Maybe Swifty is right when he says that one person cannot ruin a thread, but I don't want to spend all my time trying to cover your mistakes and I guess the others feel the same. I think we've had enough problems so far.
And now, let's try to stop writing OOC's. We need the story to get going.

BIC: Zander didn't seem eager to answer, so Cherizal made an irritated gesture and left him alone.


As Raq raised a skeptic eyebrow at Azkur, she also again rummaged through her scrollcase, looking for something. Afet a couple of minutes, she sighed and handed teh entire case to CHerizal, "See if there's a healy thing in here."


"That's a nice collection of magical things in here. How come you own all these artefacts?" asked Cherizal with a raised brow. "And by the way I think Azkur only needs to rest. And I guess we should rest too. It's late and we need to start early in the morning. We have already lost too much time! Jalen, could you please take the first watch?"

She yawned, took her bedroll and got ready to go to sleep.

OOC: If it's ok with all of you, I'll speed things up after we've left the camp in the morning, so we can get to Haven quickly and when we are there, Flan's bad guys can attack the city.

I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Arandur
09/30/2003 1:49 AM

OOC: Sorry about the late post, have been sick the last 3 days...

IC: ...Zander watched Cherizal walk away, his mind in turmoil from her chidings and his feelings in question despite the wry smile set upon his face. It was better for her and the white robe Eve not to get too attached to people, attachment brought distraction from the Magic. Magic was everything. His shalafi Dalamar taught this as the first rule, and Zander knew better than to question his master.

Though he knew better than to question Dalamar, Zander knew that his master had a greater part in this somewhere, he would not risk his apprentice on this quest unless there was some personal gain for himself, some way the dark elf could expand upon his sorceries. Zander struggled to figure out what his Shalafi was up to.

Still thinking to himself, the dark robed wizard paced over to the fire and sat staring idly into the flames, his hand stretched slightly towards them and marvelling in the sensation of flame warming his cold skin. He glanced around the camp at the others and wondered to where they fit in his master's plan...

Avenging_Angel
09/30/2003 8:55 AM

OOC: MY MISTAKES!!!!!!!!???? MY MISTAKES!!?? I expected alot better of you cherizal!! Your usually an excellent DM, and a great RP"er, but your lettig Que back in and saying that I CAN"T REJOIN!! WHat the hell happened to "forgive and forget"??????? And what do you mean "i'm tired of covering for your mistakes"?? I can see now that my onle mistake was EVER joining this thread!!!

And your ONLY "problem", is your feeling a need for exclusiveness, because you think that I ruined a thread!!!

OOC: That's cool, Queshu. I thought it was such a pity you had left!
And Angel, please, don't introduce any new characters. Maybe Swifty is right when he says that one person cannot ruin a thread, but I don't want to spend all my time trying to cover your mistakes and I guess the others feel the same. I think we've had enough problems so far.
And now, let's try to stop writing OOC's. We need the story to get going


SO now you think que-shu is a better enough RP'er, that you will let him rejoin, and not me????If your ALWAYS this strict of a DM, then don't you ever DARE show your face in one of my threads EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I'm letting you off lightly this time, but if you keep this up................ We all are faced with choices: choices that we regret, choices that we hate, and choices that we fear. But somehow we make these choices, and life moves on, because in truth, the choices make us.

Cherizal
09/30/2003 10:03 AM

OOC: Angel.. Yes, I've always thought that Queshu is a better roleplayer than you. He reads and understands what other people write.
I don't need exclusiveness, I just want this thread to continue. If you have any more things to tell me, then please write me an e-mail. People are here to roleplay not to read your insults. I won't answer to any other OOC's from you.

And don't worry, I will never join one of your threads. I must have been very bored the day I joined Shadowknight.

To all the others: I'm very sorry about this! It should have been discussed in a better place, but I don't have Angel's email address.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Kalia_Majere
09/30/2003 11:28 AM

OOC: Just a little heads up all, I've contacted Cherizal via email and gave her a character I want to start using... for those who have joined my "Thicker than blood" thread, this char will mirror Hitomi a bit. I'm unsure as of yet wether he will meet up with you on the road or in Haven itself.

PrincessOfDarkness
09/30/2003 6:31 PM


Angel.. Yes, I've always thought that Queshu is a better roleplayer than you. He reads and understands what other people write.


Agreed.

Angel already knows my thoughts about her. For those of you who don't, look at the thread "Past Lives Eternal." I'm not sure where it is, but there is my thoughts summed up.

Angel, you're supporting Gait becuase he's just as good as you. Or just as bad as you. Depnding on how you look on it. (http://images.quizilla.com/T/trinitykills/1053662988_z3thetwins.jpg" border="0)want it.

WWW.Quizilla.com

Flandrake
09/30/2003 7:47 PM

Jalen was taking first whatch. Cherizal and Eve were settling in for sleep and chatting with Raq. Azkur was being whatched over by his kender friend. However, Zander sat near the fire. Ash wasn't worried about the others. They seemed like honest people doing the job they set out to do but this Zander. Something wasn't right, he wasn't like the others.

He knew he couldn't get much out of him in converstaion if anything. He sighed and walked over to Jalen,"I'll take the next whatch." Ash lay down and starred at the night sky. His master, Fin'lar didn't want Ash to simply kill them. He wanted something from the mages and for now Ash was one of them whether he liked it or not.

--------------------

Fern continued her hard ride North. Ash would pay and so would the others sent by the conclave. Fin'lar couldn't be reached, she was very concerned about this. But the glory would be even greater when she delivered the mages and Ash to Fin'lar. It didn't matter who or what got in her way.

OOC: The group can reach Haven later. We can skip over the night and say nothing happened.

On a side note, I beileve most people understand my position reguarding Angel and Gait. I have been in several arguments and have become very tired of it. I agree with Queshu, PoD, Cherizal, and Arandur. That's all I have to say on that. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Cherizal
10/01/2003 1:29 AM

Cherizal's sleep was disturbed by different noises. Growling in displeasure she opened her eyes and noticed that all the others were already up. She stretched her arms and legs and packed her belongings, then she joined the others around the fire for a cup of tea and some breakfast.

Azkur was up and looked much better. Cherizal hoped he could ride.
He must. We can't waste any more time

When everybody seemed to be ready, Cherizal mounted her horse and they rode off.
The following days passed without incidents. They rode from dusk til dawn and when they made camp in the evening, they were so tired that they went to sleep after sharing a silent meal. The weather was getting colder and it often rained and this didn't help to improve the companion's mood. Noone felt like chatting or joking.

It was midmorning when the contour of a city appeared on the horizon.
"That's Haven! We should be able to reach it before nightfall. We will sleep in a comfortable bed and eat a decent meal tonight" stated Cherizal with a dreaming expression in her blue eyes and a smile on her lips.

OOC: Sorry for manipulating Azkur a little bit, but it was necessary.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Arandur
10/01/2003 4:35 PM

...Zander touched his heels to his horse's dark flanks, bringing the stallion alongside Cherizal's. He stood high in the stirrups and peered at the city in the horizon for a moment before lowering himself back into the saddle.

"I wonder if this is the safest course?" he added quietly in the ancient tongue of Magus as he stared toward Haven with narrowed emerald eyes.

"Perhaps this Renegade has eyes and ears within the Tower, I can't imagine it would be hard to find a vagrant willing to slit our sleeping throats for a few coppers in a city such as this." he added with a grim smile.

"Best to be cautious, a fly never sees the web before its caught Cherizal." he whispered cryptically as he sighed and ran a hand through his grey-streaked hair. Though still young, his ordeal during the Test had prematurely greyed his ebony hair and left him with a single long strand of silver which he tucked behind his ear.

"Just an observation." he added dryly in common as the sardonic smile returned...

[Edited by Arandur on Wednesday, October 1, 2003 6:45 PM]

QueshuWarrior
10/01/2003 9:14 PM

OOC: I've been through hell the past week. I am performing in a highschool play. My theater arts programs is one of the largest in the US. We do 8 shows a year. I only had a week to learn my lines and tomorrow is the performance, and then friday we do another. Ive been at my school till 11 or even sometimes 12, so bear with me for a few more days.


IC: Jalen sighed at the sight of Haven. Though he had learned to respect his companions a bit more since the beginning of their journey, he still didnt know if he could trust them. Especially the one wearing the black robes, Zander. Jalen respected the young man greatly for his cleverness, however, he was not yet comfortable to put his lives in any of these peoples hands.

Jalen was dissapointed as they entered Haven. The streets were busy, and everyone sort of bunched together and created a giant mass of noise and movement in the market place. The companions rode their horses through the market. Jalen got a lot of attention because of his odd skin color, he turned to Cherizal and Zander who rode behind him.

"Well Zander, if anyone was looking for us, I believe they have now seen us." Jalen commented. Their horses made them stand high above the crowd. That on top of the fact that they were such an odd travelling company, made them stand out like a sore thumb.

So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Cherizal
10/02/2003 12:53 AM

OOC: Don't worry Queshu, it's perfectly fine. It's just nice to have you back.


"Perhaps this Renegade has eyes and ears within the Tower, I can't imagine it would be hard to find a vagrant willing to slit our sleeping throats for a few coppers in a city such as this." he added with a grim smile.


"If Fin'lar knows about us, then it doesn't really matter where we are and which course we take. He will find us, if that's what he wants. I think we should just stick together and watch our back." answered Cherizal in the same tongue. She understood Zander's concern very well, but they had no time to waste trying to find a way to get into the city without being seen.
"We must have faith in the gods"

They kept following the main road and reached Haven earlier than expected. Cherizal regretted that they hadn't waited a couple of hours before entering the city. All those people in the streets made it a little difficult to stick together and notice if someone was going to attack them.


"Well Zander, if anyone was looking for us, I believe they have now seen us." Jalen commented. Their horses made them stand high above the crowd. That on top of the fact that they were such an odd travelling company, made them stand out like a sore thumb.


Cherizal sighed. Jalen was right.
"We'd better find an Inn quickly. I don't feel safe in the streets with all these people around. What about that one? The silver lion. It looks fine to me. Or maybe you know of a better one?"
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Kalia_Majere
10/02/2003 4:59 PM

In the Inn of the Silver Lion, a lone human sat in a corner near the hearth. His features half hidden in shadow and firelight. A pommel of a sword could easily be seen slung against his back, and another, shorter, sword rested on his hip.

His hazel-blue eyes caught the firelight and gleamed as he watched the noisy patrons of the Tavern. His dark hair falling into his vision, but he made no move to brush the locks away. His clothing was clean, but well worn, the leather armor repaired many times. as he moved, a soft clink of chain mail could be heard, muffled by the leather jerkin over it.

His left hand curled around a mug of what seemed to be ale, but what was actually only water. He felt as though something major was going to happen, he felt it on the wind, could almost taste it... and he wanted his senses to be sharp, his mind un-fuddled by ale.

Flandrake
10/02/2003 5:07 PM

"That inn looks fine," Eve hadn't said much about Fin'lar finding them. Cherizal seemed to express her opinion. Ash nodded his head in agreement.
-------------------------------------

"M'lady, we will reach Haven soon," a scout said to Fern.

"Good, we attack at nightfall killing the mages and the warriors sent by the conclave. And Fin'lar will have a new city, Haven will be a good addition once fortified." Fern smiled an evil smile and began thinking of future plans.

----------------------------------------

Fin'lar sat in his oaken chair calmly sipping his wine. Giant mirrors stood in front of him. In the mirrors he saw Fern riding towards Haven and the group sent by the conclave. There were other mirrors as well but Fin'lar only payed atention to thoughs two.

"This will be very interesting." So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

QueshuWarrior
10/02/2003 9:32 PM

OOC: Are their six companions now? Also, since I was gone shortly, I was just wondering...do they know about Fin'lar now? And what other important details should I know?


Jalen stopped his horse in front of the inn with the others. He dismounted and pulled his cloak tightly around him. His hood now concealed his odd skin color. Designing the inn door was a silver, lions head. Jalen pushed it open and entered first.

It was a generally quiet inn. It was half full of people, who kept to their own conversations in a quiet matter. The fireplace shed little light across the main room. Jalen stepped further in, towards the bar, where many gangly men slumped over their mugs, keeping to themselves. A young red haired women holding a tray and wearing an apron approached Jalen and was about to speak. Jalen interrupted her.

"Table for six please. We'll have potatoes and some ale as well please."So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud
You dont know how it feels
You dont know how it feels, to be me
-Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Arandur
10/02/2003 10:09 PM

OOC: The party consists of Cherizal the Red Robe (Cherizal), Eve the White Robe (Flandrake), Zander the Black Robe (Arandur), Ash (Flandrake), Azkur the Dark Elf (Gait), Sitara the gully dwarf?-I think (Gait), Raq the thief (PoD), Jalen (played by yourself) and soon another played by Kalia. Help that helps...

IC: ...Zander watched as Jalen entered the Inn, his dark hood swept from left to right as he searched the crowded street before entering the common room and making his way to the others...

Cherizal
10/03/2003 1:24 AM

OOC: Queshu, no, we don't know anything new about Fin'lar. We don't even know that Ash is a spy sent by him.

Sitara is a kender, even if she doesn't act like one at all.

BIC: After leaving her horse to the care of the stableboy, Cherizal entered the inn and scanned the room looking for possible dangers. She felt nervous but didn't really know why. Maybe it was just because she hadn't been in a crowded place for a long time.

She saw the others be shown to a table near the window, but she didn't join them right away. She waited for Zander to enter the inn and stopped him before he reached the table. Something had been nagging her lately.
"Zander, did Dalamar or Airin give you something they thought you should have with you on this mission?" she asked him thinking of the onyx sphere Justarius had given Airin when he had volounteered for the mission.

She knew they were supposed to use the items received from Justarius sometime during the mission, maybe their power had to be combined, maybe they could help to bring down the barrier or maybe they could protect them. There were lots of possibilities, but she hadn't figured out the right one yet.
I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

Flandrake
10/03/2003 6:12 PM

Eve and Ash both joined Jalen and Raq at a table. The waited for their food. Eve tried to ask Ash some questions but Ash only replied with dead end answers. She didn't know who this warrior was but she didn't know much of the others either. Ash seemed honorable and brave, that would have to do for now. So many questions so much edge of your seat action! What will happen next?!? Stick around to see if the war will turn as last hopes and final alliances prove to be all that's left.....

-Me, talking about The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Arandur
10/04/2003 2:17 AM

The black robed wizard looked at Cherizal for a moment, his eyes searching her own as his own mind calculated something behind those cool gray eyes.

"Besides the words of heartfelt encouragement dear Cherizal?" he asked sarcastically as his wry smile crept across his face. His hand slid into his dark robes as he searched the internal pockets for something.

"Just this little bauble" he added as his sardonic smile widened and his pale hand withdrew from the shadowed robes, holding the onyx sphere given to Airin. Zander held it aloft and peered into it's inky depths before turning to look into Cherizal's eyes.

"I wonder indeed, what lies in the centre of its dark heart don't you?" he said in soft tones, full of self-mocking as he began to replace the orb in the pockets of his robe.

"Seh-nehvarith Ke-sarlai" he intoned, his tongue thick with the ancient words of magick. He looked back at Cherizal, his smile now gone and replaced with a cold expression.

"A little precaution my dear. Just in case the kender or some other vagabond decides to take an interest in the item. I suggest that you do the same, trust only carries so far." he warned before stepping across the room towards the table that held the other companions, disdain for the tavern folk plain upon his handsome face as the dark cowl swung anxiously from left to right, scanning the crowd with his pale charcoal eyes...

[Edited by Arandur on Saturday, October 4, 2003 2:22 AM]

Cherizal
10/04/2003 12:05 PM


"Just this little bauble" he added as his sardonic smile widened and his pale hand withdrew from the shadowed robes, holding the onyx sphere given to Airin. Zander held it aloft and peered into it's inky depths before turning to look into Cherizal's eyes.

"I wonder indeed, what lies in the centre of its dark heart don't you?" he said in soft tones, full of self-mocking as he began to replace the orb in the pockets of his robe.


Cherizal nodded and sighed.
"Yes, that's the thing I was concerned about. I guess you don't know how to use it, and I believe Eve and I have the same problem with the objects we have received".


"Seh-nehvarith Ke-sarlai" he intoned, his tongue thick with the ancient words of magick. He looked back at Cherizal, his smile now gone and replaced with a cold expression.

"A little precaution my dear. Just in case the kender or some other vagabond decides to take an interest in the item. I suggest that you do the same, trust only carries so far." he warned before stepping across the room towards the table that held the other companions, disdain for the tavern folk plain upon his handsome face as the dark cowl swung anxiously from left to right, scanning the crowd with his pale charcoal eyes...


"Do you think I'm a fool? I guess you do" she asked softly with a hint of sadness in her voice and shaking her head she followed him to the table.
"Does any of you have any acquaintancies here in Haven? We must find someone who will sail us to Ergoth. I suppose it won't be an easy task"

I'm pale and bitter like the moon - Malaise

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com