[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > The Gathering

deku99
07/06/2003 12:03 PM

The tree was ancient, and it dreamed.

Pain. The pain. I remember it, but only fleetingly. Wounds piercing flesh, blood flowing. Warmth diminishes as the pain grows.

Remember. Power slipping away. Final magic, seeing the tree in my mind. Sending them away. The five. Gone now, lost in dreams.

Hold tight to thoughts, like butterflies... Must remember. the past fading...No my thoughts lie here, like jumbled pieces... Who am I? Must remember, there is a word...

The Keeper? Yes. That is who you are. The Keeper of the Five...

The Five? The five that must be kept, the elements. Earth, Fire, Air, Water, Void. Spirits of the elements. I protect them? Once, but no longer. Lost in dreams... Return to sleep...

No! Stay awake, remember it. Remember the five. Treasures of the gods? Yes. That feels right. Sent them away, hidden. Artifacts of great power. Desperate act, moving them away.

Why did you send them away? I could keep them no longer. No longer safe in the forest. Someone desires them very much. A betrayal, perhaps? Someone close. Memories fractured, cannot remember. Don't want to know. The acolytes? Yes... the elves that protected me. They are traitors. They want to save Qualinesti. Think the Five can help them. Fools. Tried to kill me, swords and fire. Pain. Burning the grove. Must leave Qualinesti soon.

This is not Qualinesti. This is Silvanesti. Why am I here? Why did I come? You came at the door of death. Your body is lost. You are know share my body. You marked me when I was a seedling.

I am a tree? Yes. We are a tree. I was not always so? You were once mortal. Your spirit is now twined with mine. That was the plan that you crafted ages ago. Who are you? Why did I come to you? I am the spirit of this tree. You marked me, and I have waited for your spirit to come.

I don't want to remember anymore. I am so tired. You must make the call, summon them. It was always the plan. Them? The Chosen. The predestined ones. How can I call them? You know the way. Think harder. I am so weary. Perhaps sleep first? Yes, I shall sleep. No. Call them... they must be called...

There. I have sent the message, they are called. Yes. Now I can sleep and dream. Remember. The five must be found, captured... Calm yourself. All will be well. The Chosen can not fail. The evil grows closer... foul creatures. They want to find them. They want to find the Five. Patience. All that can be done is to wait.

* * *

The tree bent silently on the edge of the Silvanesti forest as a whisper of wind flowed through its branches, carrying a mysterious signal on the night currents. From Silvanesti to Balifor, to the furthest reaches of Ergoth. From Icewall to Palanthas, its luting message blew.

It called them all, it called the Chosen. Granting them the haste of the wind. It told them what their spirits had waited for centuries to hear.

Come. Come now. There is little time. Come to Silvanesti.

Edit: edited grammar from the post.

Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

[Edited by deku99 on Sunday, July 6, 2003 12:15 PM]

[Edited by deku99 on Monday, July 7, 2003 8:14 AM]

Jorza
07/06/2003 1:00 PM

Long golden hair. A waterfall of soft waves. Slim. Tall. Beautiful yet without age. Slanted almond shaped eyes. The Colour of Grey mist. A brown russet colored tunic and hood. A cloak of leaves for camouflage. Waiting. Watching. A Shagith hunts its prey.

Teona Lars waited for the man to step from the inn. She followed him as he entered the forest, and then she pounced, as quick as lightning. Her knife bit deep into the soft flesh and drew blood. She let the body fall to the ground, dead.

Her mission had ended. The Shagith had trailed the man for eight days and nights without rest. As she wiped the knife clean, and replaced it within her boot, she sighed deeply. There was no joy in her work, only duty.

As she climbed up the tree, to regain her bearing, a cold wind swept over her, and her pointed ears turned to the sound, listening intently. A voice was calling her, but to where and why, she did not know.

'Silvernesti', the voice was saying. 'Home...time to come home', the voice whispered, 'time to come come, Teona Lars'.

She drew back from the voice. It had been many years, a lifetime, since she had returned to the land of the Silvernesti Elves, and old hatreds died hard among the elves. They never forgave. Never forgot.

Did she dare to return? The voice was insistent, haunting, compelling. 'Home'. Grey eyes narrowed onto the path ahead.

It was time to lay the ancient ghost to rest. The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Sephiroth_X
07/07/2003 10:28 AM

OCC:i wanna be fire :P




Alyx woke up in a cold sweat his long silver hair sticking to his face, a wind swept across the ground were he slept his weasel laying on top of him perked his ears"You hear that to fairtes?" he said. Alyx stood up he heared a faint wisper.....Silvernesti..come......eleme....and it stopped "Hmm should i go? i haven't been to silvernsti since..Yes i will go" with that he packed what little things he had , including fairtes and started to Silvernesti.

[Edited by Sephiroth_X on Monday, July 7, 2003 3:33 PM]

deku99
07/07/2003 10:48 AM

OOC: I think I made the inital post too vague. I really don't want each person to be an element. Otherwise, new people can't join once we have five.

The idea is that there are five artifacts, and the Keeper guarded them for a very long time. Then his protectors tried to kill him to get the artifacts, but he sent them away and sent his soul to the tree. He is summoning heroes to recapture the artifacts before evil can get them.

Now, people can have affinities for particular elements if you want, but they cannot actually be one of the five. (You'll see why if this thread gets moving).

Sorry for the vagueness!Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Sephiroth_X
07/07/2003 3:31 PM

OCC: OOOHHHH OKAY i get it.....Ummm im gonna make a slight adjustment to my charecter then... wats Void??"why put your love name in a heart put it in a circle because hearts can be broken but circles go on forever"-unknown

deku99
07/08/2003 7:51 AM

OOC: Void is kind of like the space between things, or the lack of something. The idea is that everything is made up of the "four" elements, but some of the space has to exist, thus there is Void there.

The Void was called the "aether" by Aristotle and he said that it "made up the universe"


Hope that that helps.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Sephiroth_X
07/08/2003 9:34 AM

OCC: oh ok"Homer Mad, Homer Smash grrrrr"-Homer Simpson

deku99
07/09/2003 9:56 AM

OOC: Okay, I'm going to introduce a few characters here. Just to get the ball rolling a little better. Also, the heroes are granted the speed of the wind, so they can reach the tree quickly. Actually its so that the thread doesn't take forever to get started. ;)

BIC:

Nu watched as the sun set over the mountains in the west, closing the day with an awesome final display of light and color. Or at least, that was how he imagined it must look. For now, sitting high in the trees that ringed his family's fallen estate, he could not see anything, not really.

The closest thing that he had to perception was an amulet he wore, a gift from the Temple of Paladine when they had been unable to cure his blindness. It allowed him to feel shapes, to hear them, or smell them, or in some way know what was around him. He did not know how it worked. Nu only knew that it was some kind of weakness of his, and he hated the pendant because of that, and yet loved it because of what it did. All he knew about it was that it was circular, with some type of symbol etched into it. He didn't even know its color.

Now his family was gone. They had been driven to poverty in their effort to cure their son, and then they had been killed on their return from Palanthas, maybe bearing the cure with them as they died. Nu never forgave them for that, nor did he forgive himself for not forgiving them.

Nobody knew that Nu lived here, living off the frutis that grew wild in the orchard, and the occasional deer that wondered onto the grounds. He was lost, forgotten by the world. Forgotten by everyone, and everything he held dear. He wept silently, an almost nightly ritual for him in recent months.

It was during the fever pitch of these sobs that a voice came to him, singing with the luting call of the forest.

"Silvanesti... come... Silvanesti... little time... come..."

The voice was gentle and sooting, yet somehow insisting and powerful, as though the strength of the universe was behind it somehow. It called to something deep within Nu, some long empty place within his soul, now filled to the brim with destiny. He did not will it, yet he was suddenly on the ground, moving with unusual speed toward Silvanesti, answering the call of the wind...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That very night, in the northern regions of Solamnia, a young Solamnic polished his sword, preparing it for the ceremony the next morning. The blade was very old, and it reflected the light of the silver moon onto the walls, as it moved slightly as it was polished.

Cathan was honored to be part of the ceremony the next morning. Very few Knights of the Crown were ever permitted to participate in it. Mostly it was a large group of old Knights of the Rose and Sword, sitting calmly throughout the presentation, applauding at the correct moments. It was a big deal for Cathan. His father, one of the higher ranking Knights, had expressed great pride in his son after it was announced that he would be one of only four Knights of the Crown allowed to attend the Ceremony of the Gate.

Cathan had spent the last five weeks practicing with a fellow Knight of the Crown, the gestures and motions that needed to be made and at what times to make them. It was difficult, almost like a detailed dance that stretched for hours. All of this formal choreography was centered on the main gate of the High Clerist Tower, celebrating how the tower had saved Palanthas many times.

It was while polishing the sword, that Cathan heard an unusual sound. It seemed lilting, and very, very sad. The words were unclear in his ears, but his heart heard them well. They told him to depart to Silvanesti, compelled him with great strength to drop his sword and leave. Indeed, it required all of the resolve that the Knighthood had brought him to allow Cathan to avoid heeding the call.

Instead he stopped polishing his sword, and forced the voice from his mind. Kneeling down, he prayed to Habbakuk, willing this voice to be gone. The message was urgent, but his devotion to the Knighthood was far greater than his devotion to a nameless voice, regardless of its power. Still, the message entered his mind and spirit, filling every crack with its vibrating tone. Cathan did not know if the Earth itself was shaking with the intense volume of the song. He began to sweat. End... end damn you... Cathan thought as he felt his memories being opened and closed, his own thoughts being used as weapons of compulsion.

Suddenly, the voice subsided, its last echoes ringing through his mind. Cathan smiled, feeling that he had battled against the temptation to leave and emerged victorious. He resumed his task, with great relief.

Cathan felt himself twitching as he tried to resume his polishing. The voice had changed him somehow, he knew. He felt suddenly unhappy with his life, as though his destiny was much higher than the Knighthood. As though it was higher than the stars.

Knowing that he could not fight the damage that he had sustained from his resistance, he began to weep. The voice had found his secret weakness and wielded it against him more deftly than any sword ever had been. His ambition, and his hope to be great were know the only things that he could feel, the only thing he knew. His moustaches were moist with his tears, and the salty water dripped onto the floor. The silver moon shone on as the weeping Knight reached for parchment and ink, and wrote his farewell to the Knighthood with ink and tears comingled on the page.

OOC: Anyone want to play the bad guy? You can play him however you want, but he should probably hear the voice as well, and probably try and get the Five before the heroes can.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/09/2003 7:04 PM

OOC: Hey deku - since the Heros have to come to Silvanesti anyway, could my character already be somewhere in the country when he/she hears the voice in the wind? I like elves the best and I haven't played a Silvanesti Elf yet.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
07/09/2003 7:26 PM

OOC: Sure... no problem. :)Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/09/2003 7:33 PM


OOC: Sure... no problem. :)

OOC: Okay, cool. I'll try and have my character done tomorrow.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
07/09/2003 9:11 PM

OOC: Let me know if this is okay.

Name: Seela Darkmane
Race: Female Silvanesti Elf
Family Origin: Silvanesti Capital City
Age: 110 years old
Hair Color: Honey-Blonde, Long, Straight
Eye Color: Sea Green-Blue
Alignment: Lawful Good
Rank: Scribe for the Tower of Light

BIC: Seela groaned in frustration as she tossed the quill down. She had been working on the same scroll for three hours now, and still couldn't get the lettering on the fourth line proper! If she didn't get it right by tomorrow, Master Talos would reem her out. Seela pushed her chair and stood up, putting her hands on her lower back as she streched. She momentarily cringed as the cracking of her bones echoed through the silent office, then grinned mischeviously. This place could use some livening up.

Walking over to the window, the young scribe closed her eyes and smiled dreamily as she percheed on the ledge. How she loved this time of day: when the Tower was empty, and the orange-purple light of the setting sun filtered through the trees making the designs on The Tower of the Stars twinkle and dance. Seela smiled again as she took a deep breathe, relishing the wonderful scents of the various gardens that floated on the breeze.

Seela sighed, completely content.

"Silvanesti... come... Silvanesti... little time... come..."

The young elfmaid's eyes snapped open as the message reached her ear. Looking around the empty room, she knew it hadn't come from inside. But a quick survey of the streets below told her nothing was out of the ordinary.

Confused, Seela muttered in her elven tongue, "What or who is that?"It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/10/2003 4:46 AM

It had been too long since the Shagith had treaded the sacred soil of her homeland. She was awash with memories.

Childhood memories of sun and laugter. Older memories of pain and anguish.

Teona Lars had learnt a long time ago to control her watward emotions, but the familiar scent of the ancient tress, and the faint hum of birdsong in the canopy reawakened old pain.

She felt afraid, alone and in danger. More so now than in any hell hole of Krynn that she had treked her prey through before.

The Shagith had come home...

"Lars!" came the angry call. She turned in surprise, her hand reaching back for an arrow automatically. The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Straea
07/10/2003 11:24 AM

OOC: Would you mind if the bad guy is actually a gal?Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
07/10/2003 11:30 AM

OOC: I don't but i'm not DM on this.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

deku99
07/10/2003 12:06 PM

OOC: I don't mind. Have fun with the character. :DEverything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/10/2003 2:41 PM

"Silvanesti... come... Silvanesti... little time... come..."

The message that she had heard while within the Tower of Light had ceased, but still Seela turned them over in her head as she blew out all yhe lanterns and left the buiilding shortly after dark later that night. She had been tired, worn out from her unsuccessful work, but since hearing that voice it was as if she had a new energy, a compulsion to keep moving. As soon as the voice had stopped, the scribe had hopped off the window ledge and packed her work away in her desk before leaving the Tower of Light.

Seela walked through the streets of the square, feeling like she was in search of something, but not quite knowing what it was. It was like a memory tugging at the corner of her mind, yet it wasn't clear enough to complete. Confused and unclear about the events of earlier, Seela was reluctant to let it go. She had the overwhelming feeling that she was meant to do something very important. Something that would change her life.

So the elfmaid continued her walking, her searching. It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

DarkDalamar20
07/10/2003 2:59 PM

Gregor bit into the rough piece of meat, wincing as the salty flavor burst into his mouth. He hated the stuff, but it was all he had to eat at the moment. Meat, cheese, bread...it seemed to Gregor that that is all he had eaten the past few weeks. His army, and army of Takhisis, had been decimated by those bothersome Knights of Solamnia. Oh, how he hated those followers of the Light.

He spat the rest of the meat onto the ground. It was too tough to chew through. "Ah, I hate that shit!" Gregor mumbled, getting up and walking over to a small stream. He bent over the water and rinsed his mouth out. He took a moment to look at his reflection in the water. His powerful jaw was streaked with dirt and blood. His salt and peppered hair was matted with the same gore. "Ah, how did I survive? How am I still alive when all my men are dead?"

The battle hadn't really been a win for the Knights of Solamnia. Most of them had died as well. The battle was really a draw, if such a thing could exist in a battle to the death. In order to stay alive, Gregor had laid among his dead soldiers until the remaining few Solamnian's had left.

After washing his hair and face as best he could, Gregor stood up and adjusted his sword at his waist. He was still wearing his dark armor, he had lost his helmet somewhere in the battle. That didn't matter though, he could easily replace it with one of the many dead the littered the field.

The Knight of Takhisis had no idea where to go. He thought about returning to the base camp, but that was out of the question. He would most likely be killed by his superiour. Men in his position weren't that hard to replace. Gregor was a brillian military leader, but there were others as good if not better than him.


Come to Silvanesti.....come........come..........come

Gregor heard the sound in his head rather than in his ears. It seemed that the voice was urgent, almost desperate.

A small smile spread across Gregor's face. This was his answer, this was what he needed. The Knight of Takhisis found a horse wandering around some trees. He grabbed the beast's reighns and pushed his spurs deep into the it's sides. The horse whinnied and started forward at a full run.

The call was desperate. The call needed him. The call was changing him....


OOC: There is a villian, Deku. I thought that maybe the call could have an effect on those of an evil heart by making them maniacal and very obsessive. Unlike those with a good heart who just hear the call and need to help. With Gregor, it is changing him, changing his beliefs and making him darker inside. I think that would make more sense as to how a villian would actually get there and want to get the five. Is this ok? If not, let me know.





The first lord of mischief is Imagination.

[Edited by DarkDalamar20 on Thursday, July 10, 2003 3:02 PM]

deku99
07/10/2003 3:20 PM

OOC: Sure... people can do pretty much whatever they want... within reasonable limits. Your character is fine.
Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/10/2003 11:39 PM

OOC: What do you think of Seela so far, Deku? Since she just works as a scribe at the Tower of Light, I'm not sure if I'm going to make her a Mage or not. I play Mages in a couple other games, and thought I would like to try something new this time around.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

[Edited by Lunitari0 on Friday, July 11, 2003 7:18 PM]

deku99
07/11/2003 12:21 PM

OOC: She seems fine thus far. Just don't make her a Thundergod, and I'll be okay with it.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Dogar_Setton
07/11/2003 1:28 PM

It was dark, and he was soaking.


Lathamier Quickstep leaned back against the mold-slicked walls of the Khurdish jail, alternately wringing water from his shirtsleeves and hugging his furred tunic close for its warmth. The storm had caught his party unawares, with no ready shelter close at hand and no gold to pay for a room at the local crumbling Inn, so, in the traditional method of his race, they went ahead and got themselves arrested. The half-ogre jailkeep had been only to happy to comply, collaring the party of kender as soon as they crossed the threshold into his town. His friends thought it was the most wondrous thing they've ever experienced, but then, they thought that everything was the most wonderful thing they've ever experienced. Vacuous little bastards.

Lath watched his companions as they tittered incessantly, telling jokes, pelting each other with handfuls of slime, stomping in the puddles that leaked down from the barred window. He curled his lip. "Idiots." They were imprisoned in a barbaric land and they didn't even care. They were perpetually happy, perpetually interested, perpetually ignorant. They were as he used to be... as he was supposed to be.

The kender grimaced and shuffled farther away as a spray of urine-streaked water flicked toward him, then frowned toward the grinning little imp that directed it. They were still the same because they hadn't seen it, they hadn't been there. He had. He had watched that great red bitch drop from the sky, watched her snatch up his friends like mice and rain flame down upon his home. He had watched, then he had run until he collapsed sobbing in a field littered with the dead, and when he awoke he was different than before. Different than them.

They were happy, they were curious, they were content; they were everything he once was and wished to be again. And he hated them for it.

"What's the matter, cousin?" a topknotted form giggled from across the room. "C'mon, have a game of PuddleStomp!!"

"I want no part of your game, Springtoe. And don't call me your cousin, we're not related."

"Sure we are. You're my great grandfathers second cousins third son on the Trapspringer side... or perhaps your my second cousing sons great grandfather..no you're not that old...maybe you're..."

Lath turned his back on his 'cousin', torn between the urge to strangle him and weep into his shirt. He walked up to the barred window and looked out to watch the world drown. The rain whispered in his ear like a lover.

" Silvanesti..the oak...return. Silvanesti...."

Lath stood with a shock, then spun to gauge the reactions of his companions. They were happily drawing pictures in the muddy floor, and seemed entirely deaf to the whisper on the wind. Could it be that only he could hear it?

It sighed again. "Silvanesti... come...return....". Quickstep made up his mind, and took a file from his pouch.

Lightning flashed into the cell, illuminating a small dark form worrying at the barred window.

Lightning flashed once more, and he was gone...


OOC: Sorry about the lengthy post, but I thought it'd be interesting to play an afflicted Kender and I had to set the mood up right so that he was noticeably different. Oh, and I'm just assuming this is set after the Dragon Overlords coming... if not I can change him...

"Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Jorza
07/11/2003 4:16 PM


OOC: She seems fine thus far. Just don't make her a Thundergod, and I'll be okay with it.


haha!

The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Jorza
07/11/2003 4:19 PM

Teona turned in time to see a figure from her past walk towards her. An old enemy.

"What brings you back to the heartland, sister" asked the other Shagith.

Teona Lars looked at her nemesis.

"I was called, brother, so I came" she said. The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Lunitari0
07/11/2003 7:53 PM


Teona turned in time to see a figure from her past walk towards her. An old enemy.

"What brings you back to the heartland, sister" asked the other Shagith.

Teona Lars looked at her nemesis.

"I was called, brother, so I came" she said.

OOC: What is a Shagith? I can't find it in any dictionary.

BIC: On her walk through the now darkened streets of Silvanost Capital, Seela smiled as she watched the busy night-life going on. Even though it was now dark, the moonlight shone bright through the trees of the elvenland giving everything a warm, peaceful glow. The Silvanesti elves love the night, and that was very evident in the events going on around Seela as she walked. Children laughing and playing, parents walking and chatting together, young couples picnicing under the trees on blankets. None seemed to have heard the urgent call of earlier, nor the agitated attitude of the fliendly young scribe.

Not having any specific plans that evening or wanting to go home, Seela made her way into the forested areas. Finding the tree she favored most, some called it ancient, she quickly climbed up and sat in the branches. She didn't understand why, but she loved this old tree, felt connected to it somehow. Whenever Seela was upset or confused, she came her to think. Sometimes when she went over her problems outloud to herself, it was almost like the tree was listening to her.

The notion of that always calmed her, let her feel not so alone.

"Why did I hear that message? Who calls me and why?" Seela asked into the night.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/12/2003 7:02 AM

Theron was meditating in front of the Great Ice Temple Of Corria in Palanthas. Before him was the beautiful enchanted ice shrine that will never melt. The sun beat down upon Theron, glistening off of his bare chest. A slight wind caught the monks black karate pants. His blue mohawk made him stand out on the green grass in front of the temple.

The wind started to pick up. Theron was interupted by a soft voice.

" Come... to Silvanesti...you must come." the voice said. It sounded urgent.

Theron was confused. The monk now walked into the shrine dedicated to his goddess. He knelt before an ice sculpture of a giant white dragon.

"Corria. It is I, Theron. Why do you wish for me to go to Silvanesti?" Theron asked.

"Me? My boy, I didnt tell you anything of that sort! What are you speaking of?" The calm voice of Corria spoke in his head.

"The wind Corria! It spoke to me! It told me to go to Silvanesti." Theron said urgently.

"Well what are you kneeling here for?" The voice asked.

"So you think I should go? What do I bring with me?" Theron asked his goddess.

"You will need your metal staff. That is all. You are a martial arts fighter, Theron, you are needed. And you better believe its important if it came from a voice in the wind. Use the powers i give you, the power of ice. But remember, you tire the more you use it." the soft voice replied.

"Yes my goddess. I will leave now. Watch over the school. I should be back soon." Theron said. He rose to his feet and took his metal staff from the wall.

The monk sprinted out of the shrine. He realized he was suddenly at the gates of Palanthas. He began to run again, he noticed everything was wooshing by him.

Theron suddenly halted, seeing before him a large tree. He began to run, but realized he was running as he usually did. He turned and stared at the tree.

"I was called by a tree?" Theron mumbled to himself with a slight laugh.

"I must be going crazy." Theron said. He walked up to the tree and knocked a couple of times. He turned and noticed a deer behind some bushes.

"Send out freaky messages in the wind much?" Theron asked the deer.

The monk sighed and began to walk away from the clearing when suddenly he tripped and fell. The monk cursed and noticed he had tripped on a large root. He looked at the large tree with fear.

"I know that wasnt there before! Who are you? Why have you called for me?!" Theron shouted in confusion.
Detroit Pistons rock!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, July 12, 2003 7:10 AM]

Jorza
07/12/2003 9:20 AM

OOC: A shagith is a pathfinder. They are sekect group of forest warden who are expert trackers. They are used by the Speaker to track down dark elves. They have brotherhodd and call each other brother and sister.

Teona Lars is a shagith who has been banned from her group and is now an outcast. She spent much of her life wandering through krynn, using her skill at tracking people as a bounty hunter- killing for money. No she has come back to Silvernesti and is disticntly prickly about being here, and runnign into Vagin, one of her ex-shagith brother, does not help.

IC:

Teona's grey eyes misted with anger, and the hand at her arrowhead tightened.

"Speak your piece Vagin, and then be gone. I want no quarrell with you".

The shagith's eyes glittered like black diamonds.

"When I am done with you little sister, you will wish that you had never been born", he promised.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

deku99
07/12/2003 1:46 PM

The tree began to sway again, its memories still fractured, its message still flowing across the tundras and deserts. Already they were gathering. Already, they had heeded the call.

They are coming. The spirit gathers. Great lights within them. Did you expect differently, Keeper? Did you not know that they would come? The darkness on the horizons grows against them, stifling the light. They are mere mortals. They cannot resist it.

You must not think such things. The earth is eternal. We are wise beyond the comprehension of man. Our will cannot be doubted. The darkness is stronger than you can know. It is stronger than I can imagine. It dwarfs these mortals who gather here. They are nothing to it.

Our will is strong. You underestimate it. Foolish. I doubt not your will, but the darkness is not mere men. There are larger shadows looming, high above the earth. Death on black wings. Do you sense it? The plan is not yet unfurled. You yourself designed this moment. You forget your own power. I am powerless. A husk of a spirit trapped within a tree. Silence. They come. They will not fail.

With greater urgency the tree whispered once more, its message carrying acorss all of Krynn, insisting that all who heard its message come to Silvanesti, granting them haste. Forcing obstacles from their path. The voice came across as a shout on the wind, no longer asking, but insisting and pleading.

Come now. Silvanesti. You are called... you are chosen. Come to Silvanesti. Nothing is more important. Nothing.

The tree swayed and moved as its message continued to be blown across Krynn, although there was no wind to stir its branches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nu continued to run, his amulet somehow unnecessary as his feet found no resistance, his woes forgotten in the intensity of the messages that blew through his mind on occasion. Trees whipped past, entire countries. He had ran across the ocean, his feet never touching the water. He had crossed through Caergoth. His limbs new nothing of weariness.

Silvanesti... come now... nothing else matters... come to Silvanesti...

He heeded the call with his whole being. Running with the might of the wind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathan too heeded the call, but he refused to run with all of his might. Great sorrow filled his heart for all he left behind. Yet he knew somehow, that he would never return to the Knighthood as long as this voice spoke of his destiny. Its call was undeniable. His destiny and ambition were fulfilled when he listned to it, as a great fire burned in his heart, illuminating his way past the stronghold of the Dark Knights.

Even at his slow march, he had already raced past the mountains of Neraka. The shadows there could not touch him, for he was above them, beyond them. He had past Thelgaard, Vingaard, and Dargaard. Still, he walked. Solemnly moving toward his destination. Toward his destiny. Toward Silvanesti.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Jorza
07/13/2003 2:48 AM

There were few people in this world whose skill could ourank her own, and Vagin was one of those precious few. She was not afraid, yet. But she thought she might be in a moment longer.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

QueshuWarrior
07/13/2003 7:52 AM

Voices startled Theron. He looked around, but nobody was there. He stared at the tree again. Could it be talking? He walked up to the tree once more and was about to touch it when he heard quick footsteps behind him.

Theron tightened his grip around his staff and spun quickly. Before him was a kender and a dark knight.

"So you called me here? Trying to trick me eh, evil scum?!" Theron shouted at the knight.

"Corria give me power!" Theron chanted. Ice started to coat over his fists. His mohawk was also coated in thick, pointed ice. In fear and confusion, Theron didnt know what to do but attack. The monk lept into the air, straight towards the knight. His icsicles on his mohawk were pointing straight at him. Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
07/13/2003 6:13 PM

OOC: I need some clarification. If nobody picked up on it before, the tree that Seela feels "connected to, is the tree that's been calling the group together. Now, are the others already in Silvanesti - the ones that weren't already I mean? Is the tree that Theron touched the tree? Cause if so Seela should be able to see him by now....sorry for all the questions. Just want to get the facts straight so my post is right.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
07/13/2003 8:04 PM

Seela was so lost in her thoughts that at first she didn't see the monk approach the tree and touch it. But when she felt the tree begin to sway under her and she heard the words, Silvanesti... come now... nothing else matters... come to Silvanesti... on the wind, the elfmaid's eyes snapped open.

Below her, sshe saw a monk, a dark Knight, and a kender - all near the base of the large tree. Scampering down quickly, the scribe starting climbing down the trunk to the ground. She didn't know why these people were in the elvenland, and she was interested to find out.

OOC: To Jorza: thanks for the earlier defination. :)
It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

[Edited by Lunitari0 on Sunday, July 13, 2003 8:08 PM]

deku99
07/13/2003 8:05 PM

OOC: The two trees should be the same tree,unless Seela's is different for some character reason.

Well, although DD and Dogar didn't say it, Queshu placed their characters at the tree, so I'm guessing that they are all there now, except for Jorza's character, and my two.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/13/2003 8:14 PM

OOC: Okay, cool. And Seela is at the same tree that's been calling everyone. She has always felt connected to it somehow (thought that would be a neat lil twist). :)It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/13/2003 9:36 PM

OOC: I made the dark knight and the kender appear at the area because I needed something to write about. I hope this didnt mess up any plans.


Theron stuck his hands out to the ground and stopped himself in the air. The ice melted from his hands, as did the ice on his mohawk. He looked up at the knight, who was now fairly close to him.

"I apologize for my actions knight. You scared me. I acted upon instincts. After all, I am a follower of good, and you are a follower of evil. In any other situation, I would fight you, however, it would be wise to save our strength. I assume you have heard the voices in the wind and were granted speed. Am I correct?" The monk asked.

Theron was suddenly startled at the sound of rustling. He turned, facing the tree, to see an elven women climbing down. The monk shook his head in confusion.

"Are you the one who has called for me?" Theron asked the women in the tree.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
07/14/2003 1:11 PM


Theron was suddenly startled at the sound of rustling. He turned, facing the tree, to see an elven women climbing down. The monk shook his head in confusion.

"Are you the one who has called for me?" Theron asked the women in the tree.

Seela landed nimbly on the ground, and surveyed the three in front of her. The monk had asked her something, and in her rough knowledge of the common tongue, she understood that he thought she had been calling him.

Seela shook her head and in broken common replied, "Me, calling you? No sir - though I was called here as well. Is it that call that brings you here?"It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

DarkDalamar20
07/14/2003 2:33 PM

OOC: Sorry, but I am not going to be able to continue with this one. I don't have nearly enough ideas for it. Sorry for any problems this may cause. Sorry, Deku.

DalThe first lord of mischief is Imagination.

Jorza
07/14/2003 3:03 PM

Teona watched ehr adversary warily and then as the moment passed, her tension eased a little for it became clear that her brother shagith was just as reluctant to enter into combat as she was.

She realised then, that while she may be afraid- the other elf was also afraid- of her. It was an elating thought. She had built quite a reputation for herself during her years of exile and the reputation had obiously travelled.

A lieftime ago this bully would have attacked her, confident he would win. Now he was not so sure. Teona Lars straightened alittle and drew her hand away from the arrow at her shoulder tip. She was no longer a child. She no longer had to be afraid of childhood shadows.

Somehow, the realisation freed her mind, and she was no longer afraid; but amused at her own stupidity. If it weren't for their history together, she wouldn't have given a rogue like this another galnce. She would have walked on by, confident that if he attacked, she could best him.

She laughed then, outloud and freely. She shook her mane of silver-gold hair and then walked past the other shagith.

"We are done" she said- and that was all the closure she needed on her childhood. With those three words, she ahd freed her soul of all its encumberances. She was a free spirit, and her destiny was in her own hands.

As Teona walked by, she heard again the calling...but it was no longer a faint whisper in the breeze, but a sharp call. A call to battle. She walked to it, focused on nothing but the calling...and she came to the tree.

The oak was old and ancient, it branches many and mighty and at its root waited her future companions. She knew not their names or where they hailed from but she knew instincyively that they would be her comrades in a great adventure.

She smiled as she approached them, her heart open and light.
"I am glad to see that I am not the only madman to be hearing voices" she said with laughter in her voice. "Greetings freinds", she said. "I am Teona Lars, Shagith and pathfinder of Silvernesti. Tell me who you are from. I am very eager to learn about you, and about what this is all about?" she said, her manner friendly.

The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

deku99
07/14/2003 3:42 PM

OOC: Thats okay, DD. Is it alright if someone uses your character for you? Its a great idea for a villain. If not, I can always make up another one.

BIC:

Nu halted his pace suddenly, although he had not willed his limbs to do so. He opened his conciousness around the clearing, and suddenly, it was all visible to him.

In the center of the clearing there was a great tree, ancient and gnarled. Gathered around it were others, an elf climbed down from the tree. A very unusual looking man with a mohawk also stood there, and others moved closer as Nu watched.

He smiled as he looked at the tree, for at long last he felt a sense of belonging, of destiny. He walked toward the tree and called to the others gathered.

"Hello, I am Nu of Ergoth. Who are you all?" he asked cheerfully.


As he spoke, another being seemed to spring into existence on the edge of the clearing, wearing shining armor that marked him a Solamnic Knight. He walked into the clearing solemnly, taking in his surroundings with calculation.

"I am Cathan Windgard, have any of you heard the whispering call of the wind that has summoned me?" Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

QueshuWarrior
07/14/2003 3:45 PM

Theron noticed Seela's broken common.

"Yes. I have been called as well. It said ' Come to Silvanesti'." Theron explained to the elven women. The monk then noticed another figure appear in the open circle before the tree. He waited for her to explain who she was before he spoke. He walked up to the women named Teona and bowed in greeting.

"Pleased to meet you Teona Lars. I am Theron, follower of the ice goddess, Corria. I come from Palanthas. We as well do not know about the call." Theron said, motioning to Seela. "However, since we can no longer run as the wind and we wound up here, I believe that tree has something to do with it. I think I heard it talk, and I think it made me trip on a root." Theron said with a look of confusion as he pointed at the tree.Detroit Pistons rock!

DarkDalamar20
07/14/2003 4:58 PM


Thats okay, DD. Is it alright if someone uses your character for you? Its a great idea for a villain. If not, I can always make up another one.


OOC: If you are somoeone else wants to use the character, it is fine by me. Good luck.The first lord of mischief is Imagination.

Lunitari0
07/14/2003 8:48 PM


"Pleased to meet you Teona Lars. I am Theron, follower of the ice goddess, Corria. I come from Palanthas. We as well do not know about the call." Theron said, motioning to Seela. "However, since we can no longer run as the wind and we wound up here, I believe that tree has something to do with it. I think I heard it talk, and I think it made me trip on a root." Theron said with a look of confusion as he pointed at the tree.

As the future companions all introduced themselves and explained where they were from, Seela took up the cue as well. Smiling, she carefully formed the words in the common tongue, "My name is Seela Darrkmane. I am a scribe in the Tower of Light....My sorries. My common is not very good."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/15/2003 10:02 AM

Teona Lars smiled, and nodded encouragingly as each came forward and told their names, and their tales.

"I shall try to endeavor to remember all your names, but it will take me some time to learn them all", she said with a laugh.

The elf maid then turned her attention to the tree. She then, in turn, looked to each of her new found friends.

"What do you think it wants of us?" she asked curiously, eager to find the reason. "Does any here know the history of this tree?".The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

deku99
07/15/2003 10:45 AM

The tree rustled once, contentedly. It slowly pulled its whisers from the air, leaving but a trace of their message to be heard.

Do you see now? They have gathered. Although they would fight, they recognize the greatness of their destiny. Yes. I see the great plan unfurling. I was wrong to doubt the earth's plan. No, the plan is yours. You chose these ones long ago.

Very well, what shall I do now that most of them have answered the call? Tell them of their destiny. You know the words to speak, you hear them in your mind.

The tree came to life suddenly, moving rapidly although no wind blew through its branches.

As it did, the spirit of the earth spoke through the wind to them in the same voice that had called to their hearts.

It is I who summoned you here. You were called because of the power that rests in your blood, of the might within your spirit. You are the Chosen, chosen by forces beyond your comprehension. What I tell you now is the story of your destiny, the story of your purpose. You may not comprehend it at all. You may never understand the words I will speak to you. Only know that they are true,

Long ago, during the Age of Dreams, a wizard of great power crafted five artifacts, imbuing within them a rare combination of Divine Power and High Sorcery. Within each of them was placed a great spirit of each of the elements: Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Void. These five artifacts were unsurpassed in their power, and for that reason, they were highly coveted. Many attempts were made to steal them, and the crafter became weary of protecting them, and made secret plans along with the Qualinesti to protect them for times when Krynn was in peril.

When the creator died, the elves were given the artifacts in exchange for allowing the mage the right to be buried on their lands. However, they soon regretted their decision when the Queen of Darkness sought to claim them for her forces through deception and trickery of the Speaker himself. This record was blotted out of the histories of the elves, and the artifacts were sequestered in a grove of trees, where the elves placed one among their number to guard forever. This elf was to be known as The Keeper of the Five.

Of course, he knew that eventually the Dark Queen or another force would try to enter the grove and take what he guarded. Therefore, he made a plan in secret, travelled to Silvanesti to this very tree and communed with the earth, laying down the foundations for this day.

He then went among the populace of Krynn, as an aged man and blessed the very soul of certain people, linking them and all of their offspring to the power of this tree, binding their fate to that of the Five.

Now, you have gathered here, you have been summoned, because the powers of darkness have finally returned to steal what has been so patiently guarded for centuries. They convinced the Qualinesti that the only way to save their homeland was to take the Five away from their Keeper. They murdered the Keeper in the grove, but as his last act, the Keeper enacted his contingency. He sent the five away, and sent his spirit here.

Now, the time has come for all those gathered to fulfill their destiny. You must retrieve these artifacts before the dark ones. You have been chosen to save Krynn. The enormity of the situation is impossible to convey with mere words. You must only understand that you are chosen for this task, and it must be completed.

The Keeper's mind is fractured, and the memories are lost and tumbled like an infinite jigsaw puzzle. All that the healing of the earth was able to allow him to remember is that he sent the Amulet of the Void to the ruins of Xak Tsaroth, and the Helm of Fire to Icewall. This is all that he can remember, for the transfer of the spirit is very straining on the mind...

Now go, for time is short, for already the forces of shadow seek to claim these treasures....


With this last phrase, the tree stilled its motions and a last sigh of air escaped from its branches.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

[Edited by deku99 on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 2:39 PM]

QueshuWarrior
07/15/2003 12:06 PM

An odd silence fell upon the group. Theron wondered if everyone else was as confused as he was. He had never heard anything about this.

He turned to the others.

"So it's a race against evil. I understand the mission, but I'm just a little shocked. My goddess Corria never said anything about this. Maybe she didnt know, or she did and she didnt think I was strong enough to do anything about it. Any one person could not perform such a task. Five companions, five artifacts. It is possible, however I feel as if there will not be five of us when this is all over." Theron spoke softly in a state of bewilderment and fear.

The monk looked up at the others.

"I will go, but we dont have supplies and provisions for such an adventure." Theron said. He walked up to the tree.

"Hello! Come back! Do you have any supplies and provisions for this crazy expedition you expect us to take part of?!" Theron shouted at the unmoving large tree.Detroit Pistons rock!

Dogar_Setton
07/15/2003 1:43 PM

Lath crouched on the lower branch of a spreading oak, furtively glancing up each time another person entered the grove, then lowering his gaze as they all looked back at him. The kender did'nt know what he was doing here, and he didn't like it. During his trance-like dash down through the foothills of Khur and along the silvery banks of the Thon-thalas, he had assumed it had been something sent out from some other kender. He had heard that a group of kender, "Afflicted" like himself, had been setting up settlements all around the continent. For a moment he had dared to believe that they had sent it, that he could find acceptance among some of his kind.

That notion left as soon as he entered the grove, and almost loosed a sling stone at the dark featured man that rose to meet him. Not long after, he watched from his tree-branch as a human monk wearing strange robes attacked the armoured on. It figured. Humans were forever attacking and challenging, allying and betraying each other. Sometimes it seems that they lived off oaths and plots and exaggerated emotion... then they looked at his people as fools. Stupid beasts.

The Kender wrapped and unwrapped his sling strap around his hand as the tree spoke, hunching down into his vest whenever the others looked at him.

The Nerakan Knight grinned slightly and glanced at Lathamier when the Voice mentioned treasure hunting. Lath caught the look ad glared back at him. "Yes, I know what you're thinking, you great bloody savage. There's going to be a treasure hunt, and here you have a little lockpick to slap around and spring the traps, then you can slit his throat and ditch him afterwards." Quickstep muttered this to himself, not daring to stir the anger of the big man. "Well maybe I'll make a 'mistake' some time, and let one of those traps put another hole in that ugly face of yours. How about that, brute?"

When it seemed that the tree had spoken its last, the kender clambered up to the upper branches of his refuge and spread a blanket across his thin shoulders. With a final, nervous glance at his fellow "chosne" Quickstep gave himself up to unconciousness. "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
07/15/2003 1:49 PM


An odd silence fell upon the group. Theron wondered if everyone else was as confused as he was. He had never heard anything about this.

He turned to the others.

"So it's a race against evil. I understand the mission, but I'm just a little shocked. My goddess Corria never said anything about this. Maybe she didnt know, or she did and she didnt think I was strong enough to do anything about it. Any one person could not perform such a task. Five companions, five artifacts. It is possible, however I feel as if there will not be five of us when this is all over." Theron spoke softly in a state of bewilderment and fear.

The monk looked up at the others.

"I will go, but we dont have supplies and provisions for such an adventure." Theron said. He walked up to the tree.

"Hello! Come back! Do you have any supplies and provisions for this crazy expedition you expect us to take part of?!" Theron shouted at the unmoving large tree.

Seela stood silent as the tree did the same, it's message seemed to be over. Like the monk Theron, the elven scribe was confused by what the group had been told. But with that frar also came anticipation.

She looked at the group.

"How many of you, other than Teona speak the elven language? Common is slow for me. But I will try. If this race must be won, we stick together than. Help each other, yes?"

She looked at Theron who was yelling at the tree.

"We could get supplies in the city."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/15/2003 7:58 PM

"What city? Silvanesti? It would take a little longer than it took you to get here. Our speed is normal again. But, if everyone else wants to, I'm okay with it. We have no means of transportation so I guess we will have to settle with horses, which we can get in town. Unless someone has any dragon friends, we have a lot of work to do and it will take a while before we get there." Theron said.


Then Theron noticed the kender by the tree.

"Hey there. Didnt see you there. The names Theron, whats yours?" The monk asked kindly. Theron always had a liking for kender. They made him laugh and he didnt have any possessions to fall into a kenders pouches. So he had nothing against them. He actually thought it was funny when they stole from people, since he believes items of luxury are ridiculous and pointless.

"Will you be coming with us on this expedition?" Theron asked with a smile.Detroit Pistons rock!

Jorza
07/16/2003 12:19 PM


"What city? Silvanesti? It would take a little longer than it took you to get here. Our speed is normal again. But, if everyone else wants to, I'm okay with it. We have no means of transportation so I guess we will have to settle with horses, which we can get in town. Unless someone has any dragon friends, we have a lot of work to do and it will take a while before we get there." Theron said.



"We can acquire horses Theron- that is no problem. The task at hand is to decide in which direction we wil first embark" said Lars.

She turned to the other elfmaid. "I have spent many years abound in the world and I have never heard of these artifacts before! Have you?".The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

QueshuWarrior
07/16/2003 3:01 PM

"Well, Xak Tsaroth is closer than the Icewall. I think we should go there first, and then after we acquire the Amulet of Void, we will travel to the world of ice and retrieve the Helmet of Fire." Theron replied to Lars.Detroit Pistons rock!

Jorza
07/16/2003 4:29 PM

"Right then" said Teona Lars. "That decided I will go and procure some horses fro us. I have a friend that lives near by- a horse lord. I will borrow some horses from him. I will be gone a short while only" she said to the others.

As she walked the well-known path to the house of Etian she wondered if she had been accurate in her assessment of her old companion as a freind. They had parted with bad words and she wondered if the horse-lord was in a forgiving mod. For her sake, she hoped so.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Lunitari0
07/16/2003 5:47 PM

Seela shook her head at Teon's question about the artifacts, "No I don't know them either," she replied. Than she continued, a bit embarrassed,"actually I have never been out of the main city of Silvanost. I don't know this Xak-Tsaroth, but if you all think that is good, I agree." The young scribe smiled as she finished her stumbled speech.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/17/2003 12:33 AM


"No I don't know them either," she replied. Than she continued, a bit embarrassed,"actually I have never been out of the main city of Silvanost. I don't know this Xak-Tsaroth


Teona Lars smiled.

"Do not worry. You have a pathfinder with you. It is what I do best" said the Shagith confidently, before she went in search of the horses, with a rasied hand in farewll. "I will meet you all at the inn of the three moons by sunset. I will have our horses" she promised.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

QueshuWarrior
07/17/2003 11:10 AM

"Okay then. Shall we be off. Seela, is this inn she speaks of in Silvanost? If so, can you lead the way darling?" Theron asked the elf kindly.

The monk looked at the dark knight. "No hard feelings about before. You can walk beside Seela incase anything happens. I'll take the rear, Nu and the other kender can take the rear. Is that okay with everyone?" Theron asked the group. He motioned to the kender by the tree who had yet to speak with them.

"Come on you! We will enjoy your company. I know little kender who would pass up on an adventure like the one we are about to take. What do ya say? Whats your name anyway?" Theron asked the kender. The monk walked over and saw that his eyes were closed.

"He's unconsious! Guess i'll have to carry him then." Theron said with a shocked smile. Theron took the light kender in his arms and followed the others as they marched onward towards Silvanost.

Detroit Pistons rock!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Thursday, July 17, 2003 11:14 AM]

Dogar_Setton
07/17/2003 2:49 PM

OOC:

"He's unconsious!


:D was that a subtle jab over me not posting regularly enough? blasted Queshu :D ;)

IC: Fire. The flames licked at the grassy fields like a starving hound.Smoke rose like greasy pillars supporting the skies, supporting the home of the bastard gods who had betrayed them. Lath ran, ran from whatever was behind that roiling black wall, whatever it was that had awakened this strange new feeling in him, this sickness, this Fear. Dark, vaguely familiar shapes flitted in and out of sight to either side of him. His friends and family, all running, all afraid. An elder fell to the ground before him, screaming for Lath to help him flee. Lath leaped over him, but fell to the ground as a wizened, yet still deft, hand clutched at his ankle- the elder stared at him screaming, pleading, begging. Lath coulnd't get away, he had to get loose. The kenders sun browned hand clutched a rock, he swung downward at the pleading eyes, again and again and again. He had to get away. He had to. The elders hand fell away, Lath rose to run. Then he looked into the clouds... and saw her.





Lathamier woke with a start, looking around him with sleep-rimed eyes as the weariness from his forced run wore off. He studied the surroundings, wondering what felt wrong about his treebranch perch. It seemed the branches were warm..were too short... Were arms.

With a gasp the kender twisted out of his captors grip. Chest heaving, the kender scrambled backward and tore his dagger free of the scabbard. The white robed monk stood before him, a half-confused, half tolerant smile painted across his features. The rest of the group stood staring back at them, with the Nerakan knight chuckling silently. Lath clenched a fist to clam himself down, then slid the blade away.

"Don't touch me, monk. Please, just...don't. Not while I'm sleeping."

The man leaned forward, reaching to ruffle the kenders topknot. Lath tore away, clenching his teeth. "I'm not like others you may have known, priest. Just leave me be. I'll be in the back of the column."

Lath knelt to rearrange his daggerbelt and packs, waiting until they all turned their backs on hims before he stood and followed.

"Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

QueshuWarrior
07/17/2003 4:50 PM

OOC: Theron doesnt have white robes. He is barechested and has black karate pants with blue diamond symbols at the knees.


BIC: "I understand your anger kender. If you would give me your name, I'll never refer to you as kender again." Theron said without a smile this time.

He saw the look on the kenders face and understood he was not as happy or giddy as other kenders he had met before.Detroit Pistons rock!

QueshuWarrior
07/17/2003 4:59 PM

OOC: Theron doesnt have a white robe. He is barechested and has black karate pants with blue diamond symbols at the knees.


IC: "I understand why your mad. Your obviously not like any other kender i've known. Tell me your name, and I will not refer to you as a kender ever again." Theron said, without a smile this time. He saw that this kender did not like getting smiled at. The kender must have thought they were all laughing at him, when really they were just trying to be kind.

"You shouldnt be angry. If you are coming with us, you better get used to us talking with you." Theron said, his face still serious.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
07/17/2003 5:14 PM


"Okay then. Shall we be off. Seela, is this inn she speaks of in Silvanost? If so, can you lead the way darling?" Theron asked the elf kindly.

Seela smiled at the priest's kind tones. Her parents had always warned her against Humans, but perhaps this Theron was an acception to the rule.

The scribe cocked her head to the side as she tried to recall the Inn of the Three Moons. She knew the name but couldn't recall the location. But seeing that Teona had mentioned it, it must be in Silvanost. She explained this to Theron, and suggested that perhaps one of the Mages at the Tower of Light would know where the Inn was.

"Do you want to ask Master Talos, or just look for it?"It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/17/2003 5:59 PM

"Lets just look or it. We dont want to keep Teona waiting, and i doubt she would make an unpopular inn a meeting place. It must be easy to find." Theron replied.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
07/17/2003 9:46 PM


"Lets just look or it. We dont want to keep Teona waiting, and i doubt she would make an unpopular inn a meeting place. It must be easy to find." Theron replied.

Seella smiled as she nooded in agreement. "You're right, I know," she said, "I've heard the name and if it's so popular it shouldn't be hard to find. We should keep going if we wish to meet Teona by sunset." she commented to the group, glancing at the sky. Oh how she loved this time of day in her homeland! She would miss her home, her family and friend while she eas gone, but she felt they would all understand.

As the group continued walking, Seela promised herself she would leave a parting note for her parents before leaving.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Dogar_Setton
07/18/2003 9:17 AM

OOC: Oh, sorry Que. I'll fix that "white robe" thing up later...

Ic: Lath trotted up alongside Theron, jogging to keep in step with the mans long-legged strides. "The names Lathamier Quickstep, monk.. Lath if you want. I'm sorry for my outburst but... just, I'm not used to so many people around. I like to be alone." The kender stared off into the distance for a second, then turned back to Theron. "Tell the others my name will you?.. and tell them.. I'm sorry..."

"Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Sephiroth_X
07/18/2003 12:13 PM

With all this been happen Alyx just shows up at the tree"...am i late?" aLYX ASKED"Homer Mad, Homer Smash grrrrr"-Homer Simpson

deku99
07/18/2003 12:50 PM

Nu looked around the clearing without moving his eyes, seeing the group starting to move away. He turned toward the Knight of Solamnia, questioningly gazing at the armor whose color he could never see.

"Errr.... should we follow?" Nu asked, unsure about the situation. Realizing the enormity of what had happened, he wanted nothing more than to run back to Ergoth, hide there forever.

Cathan nodded. "If I am honor-bound, or spirit-bound, to do this, then this is the thing that I shall do."

With that the two ran to catch up to the group, not wanting to get left behind.


OOC: Seph, I don't mind you joining this thread as long as you will edit your posts for grammar and spelling. If I can't read your posts, or anybody here can't, then I grant them every right to ignore you.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really want this thread to move on. Besides, you are known for leaving for a very long time, thus I don't want anything to be slowed down because you aren't here to reply.

If you agree with this, then by all means, go ahead and go with the group.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
07/18/2003 5:29 PM


Nu looked around the clearing without moving his eyes, seeing the group starting to move away. He turned toward the Knight of Solamnia, questioningly gazing at the armor whose color he could never see.

"Errr.... should we follow?" Nu asked, unsure about the situation. Realizing the enormity of what had happened, he wanted nothing more than to run back to Ergoth, hide there forever.

Cathan nodded. "If I am honor-bound, or spirit-bound, to do this, then this is the thing that I shall do."

With that the two ran to catch up to the group, not wanting to get left behind.

Keeping quietly to herself as she watched Theron talk to the Kender, the young scribe let her mind wander to thoughts of the adventure ahead. Then hearing quick footsteps behind her, Seela turned to see Nu and Cathan catch up. She was shy and unsure about the recent events and all the new people she had met today, but as always she kept a friendly smile on her face.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/20/2003 8:26 AM

Theron smiled at the kenders statement.

"Everyone is alone at some time in their life. Dont worry you'll get used to this whole companionship thing. This adventure will change a lot for you Lath. I can feel it." Theron said kindly. He then looked up at the others.

"Everyone, this is Lathamier Quickstep. You can call him Lath for short. He apologizes for his outburst." Theron said to the rest of the group.

----------------------------------------------------

Before long, the group of companions were at the great city of Silvanost. Seela got them all in safely. The only problem was the knight, who continued to get dirty looks and many crude gestures and comments in elven tongue.

"We better get to that inn fast!" Theron replied with haste. They were on what looked like a main street. Seela seemed to know her way around.

"Does anyone see it?" Theron asked.Detroit Pistons rock!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Sunday, July 20, 2003 8:32 AM]

Lunitari0
07/20/2003 11:26 AM


Before long, the group of companions were at the great city of Silvanost. Seela got them all in safely. The only problem was the knight, who continued to get dirty looks and many crude gestures and comments in elven tongue.

"We better get to that inn fast!" Theron replied with haste. They were on what looked like a main street. Seela seemed to know her way around.

"Does anyone see it?" Theron asked.

"There!" Seela said guesturing toward a bulding with a symbol of the moons on it, displaying the Innn's name. Seela herself had never been inside, but from the people in the street, the establishment looked popular. The elfmaid made her way down the street easily, leading the goup into the Inn.

The place was crowded. Standing on her tip-toes, Seela's blue-green eyes scanned the room for an apropriate place for her friends and her to sit.

"Anyone see a free table?"It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/22/2003 9:25 AM

She was furious as she had never been before! There was a saying of old- hell hath no fury like a woman scorned- but an elfmaid held that fury for a timeless age and Teona Lars knew deep in her heart that she would not forgive Etian easily.

The horse trader had asked a high price for the young geldings she was not leading back to the inn. A price too high to pay, some would ave argued; but Teona was an elf who had a chip on her shoulder; and Etian hadn't been afraid to use it. But Etian was her problem, and she owuld deal with him in her own time.

She left the geldings outside the inn of the three moons, and then went inside; a smiel lightening her mood when she saw that her companions were already there!

"Well met friends!" she hailed them all as she ventured towards their table. "I am glad to see that you all managed to find the place then", she congratulated. "I suggest we eat and rest and set out early at dawn. We have many leagues to cover".The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Lunitari0
07/22/2003 5:05 PM



"Well met friends!" she hailed them all as she ventured towards their table. "I am glad to see that you all managed to find the place then", she congratulated. "I suggest we eat and rest and set out early at dawn. We have many leagues to cover".

Seela lifted a hand in greeting as Teona walked over to the table and sat down. The girl seemed in high spirits - an attitude which no dobt meant she had gotten the horses, that and the excitment she probaly felt over the upcoming adventure. Seela understood that excitment; for even though she was on edge about leaving her homeland for the first time, that fear was equaled by the joy of treking out with her new companions, new places and experiences to be found.

Well her new friends talked, Seela wrote a quick departing note to her parents as well as Master Talos at the Tower of Light. Each note explained that her path would take her away from Silvanesti for a time, but when she returned there would be maany stories to tell.

Sealing the notes, the scribe would drop them at her parents home before sleep took her this night.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
07/23/2003 5:34 PM

Standing up quietly as to not disturb the table of companions, Seela explained that she was going to deliver the notes, and promised to be back soon. With a smile and a wave for the group, Seela slipped out of the Inn and through the streets to the family villa.

Once there, seeing that only a single lantern had been left on for the girl, Seela took her key from out of her pocket. As she heard the soft click of the tumblers, she slipped inside. Taking the small lantern from the table beside the door, the elfmaid walked down the hall to her large bedroom and went inside.

So many memories of the years,she thought with a sigh as scannned the familiar surroundings, looking at all her belongs, decorations and keepsakes that had been collected since her childhood. Be it sad or happy, everything in the room told a story about it's owner, was part of some milestone for her. It made Seela sad to think of leaving.

Shaking her head, she forced herself to think of better times. Of the future and adventure ahead. With this, the young woman removed a large backpack from her closet and gathered the needed things into it. Finally finished she shouldered her packpack and walked to the door. Looking back into the room, she sighed. Then glancing at the notes in her hand, Seela closed her bedroom door and made her way to the kitchen.

Setting the two letters in the middle of the large table, against her mothers favorite crystal vase of lily's, the girl smiled. Her parants would understand. They would see that Master Talos would get his letter.

Hefting her pack to a comfortable position, Seela left the house and relocked the door. Not looking back, the scribe made her way back to the Inn. Retakiing her seat at the table, she set her pack beside her chair as she greeted the group again.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
07/23/2003 7:45 PM

OOC: It seems that nobody is interested in continueing this thread but Me, Lunatari, and Jorza. Everybody post everyday!

IC: Theron looked over at Teona.

"Welcome back Teona. You found good horses i bet. What do you think we should do about supplies? Everyone seems to be really quiet in this group. Its as if they are afraid to come. Are you one of those people Teona?" Theron said, glaring at the elven women. He was a bit drunk and wouldnt have said this when sober.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
07/23/2003 8:03 PM



"Welcome back Teona. You found good horses i bet. What do you think we should do about supplies? Everyone seems to be really quiet in this group. Its as if they are afraid to come. Are you one of those people Teona?" Theron said, glaring at the elven women. He was a bit drunk and wouldnt have said this when sober.

Seela, who it seemed had been able to rejoin the group unnoticed, frowned at the monk's comment to Teona. "I'm sorry, Theron, I had not realized we had settled on a time to get the supplies."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
07/23/2003 9:40 PM

Nu stared around at the companions with his eyes closed. He felt them moving, but the crowded inn made it difficult to concentrate on individuals. He felt a throbbing in his mind, and tried to push it away.

Opening his eyes, with their shockingly green color, he stared at the center of the table... "I am sorry for my silence, monk," he said with a touch of anger in his voice. "I have only rarely interacted with strangers. This is alot of a burden to place on me. Perhaps it would be more clear if I explained that I am blind, and my only means of sight is through this amulet."

He lifted up the circular and perfectly smooth amulet.

With that, he tossed a sack onto the table.

"There. That is what remains of the fortune of my family. Take it, and use it for whatever shall be needed," he said the anger fading, being replaced with sadness.

"I fear I shall need them no longer."

* * *

The Knight watched this exchange in silence. He had been watching the Dark Knight with interest, feeling a sense of foreboding emanating from the black armor he wore.

"I am a Knight of Solamnia, " Cathan said with a smile. "I fear that we are not exactly widely known for being conversational."

As though suddenly waking up, the Dark Knight grinned and nodded at the Knight's comment. Only Cathan saw the flash in his eyes.

OOC: Sorry I neglected this thread. I'll post more often, I promise!Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

QueshuWarrior
07/24/2003 9:05 AM

OOC: Dalamar dropped out, so there is no dark knight anymore. Also Deku, i think it would be easier for you if you only had one chracter.

BIC: "Thank you Nu. Your sacrifice is greatly apprecitated." Theron said, patting the kender on the back. He turned to the knight.

"Cathan, you choose how you want to live, not the opinions of others. People may think knights are non-conversational, but that is only a stereotype. Just like people think monks are old. Do i look old to you?" Theron said with a grin.

"Now about supplies. We should all go to a store after we eat. After we get our supplies, we will be off to Xak Tsaroth. Is that okay with everyone?" Theron asked.

An elegant elven waitress walked by.

"Excuse me darling, can we get some bread, fruit, chicken , some cold water with lots of ice, and some ale?"Theron asked politely.

The waitress returned a little later with two full trays. Theron grabbed some bread and chicken and put it on his plate. He also poured himself a cold glass of water and gulped it down.Detroit Pistons rock!

Dogar_Setton
07/24/2003 1:55 PM

OOC: Actually DD, said when he left that we can keep the character on with us. I was thinking that, since he's already set up as the bad guy, we could "communally" control him until we decide to kill him off or someone finds the time to take over his char. But whatever you people decide is good enough for me.

Oh and sorry about my lack of posting, but my university schedule is kinda hectic lately and I spent a few days at home with a computer that probably witnessed the Korean War. IN any case, I'm going to try to keep up with the thread, but if It becomes a problem for anyone, I can drop out.

IC: Lath clambered up into a graceful stool that was carved from a single living oak tree planted in the floor, cursing the height of the furniture, which was made for the long-limbed elves. There was an advantage, though, with him sitting this high and covered with his nondescript gray cloak, most passing elves took him for simply another one of their kind. Lath, never one to miss out on exploiting his races natural abilities, set his lithe fingers to work and soon a few of the more drunk or less-cautious elven patrons had their pockets lightened.

The Nerakan, eyeing Quicksteps handiwork from across the table, grinned darkly and pushed a handful of steel across the table at him while pointing at a passing elflords dagger. The gold disappeared within a pocket of the kenders cloak, and with movements lighter than air the dagger made it's way from the elfs scabbard to the Nerakans hand.

Lath noticed the Solamnian staring at him and smiled in mock-innocence, which quickly slid into a cynically raised eyebrow. " You're not going to preach to me about my wickedness now, are you, Knight?"

The kender slipped a darting hand out and drew back a chicken leg, munching on it as he pulled his cloak around him. "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
07/24/2003 5:00 PM

OOC: What race is Nu? Just so I know.

BIC: Seela watched and listened to the intaractions of the group in polite silence. The young woman wasn't to much of a talker, and she had learned long ago that sometimes you could learn alot about people just by watching them. And this group was an interesting one: a sheltered elven scribe (herself), an elven bounty hunter, a human monk, a human dark knight, a human solumnic knight, and Nu. Five people of diferent professions and backgound, that Seela didn't know or understand, but who it seemed she was destined to travel with. The scribes sea-green eyes danced as she thought of all the new experiences that were no doubt ahead of the group.

Seela smiled as the food arrived. Pouring herself some of the cool water and choosing an apple from the various fruits on the tray, she said, "I too apologize for my silence. I am not used to being around strangers, and I guess the excitement and confusion of all this night has me a bit frazzled." Seela frowned slightly as she made sure she had phrashed that right. The common tongue sounded so foriegn to her ears!It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
07/25/2003 10:54 AM

OOC: Nu is a blind human from Ergoth. Sorry for the confusion.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Jorza
07/25/2003 1:36 PM

Teona looked to Seela.

"Will this be your first time away from the elven city?" she asked politely.Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
07/25/2003 10:14 PM

OOC: Thanks Deku

BIC: Taking a sip of her water to wash down the few bites of her apple, Seela turned to Teona. "My very fist trip out of Silvanesti actually," she replied, "I had never felt a need to leave the capital city before this. Everything I need is here - my friends, family, job."

"And now I see myself venturing not only out of the capital, but out of the country! Iam nervous about this, but also very excited! Tell me...have you ever been to this Xak-Tssaroth we are going to? What is it like?It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/26/2003 3:18 AM


Iam nervous about this, but also very excited! Tell me...have you ever been to this Xak-Tssaroth we are going to? What is it like?


Teona Lars smiled.

"I remember when I firt left the elven city. I was afraid and yet filled with a wild wanderlust that made me suspect that there was kender blood in me. The fear will pass" she said. "The wonder remains".

She paused in her conversation as she noted another elf enter the inn. He was talla nd dressed in dark robes, his face hidden by a dark hood. A scowl crossed her face and bitter smile came to her face. She took a deep drink of her wine.

"but I had my own reasons for leaving" she said. She looked at Seela again. "I have not been to Xak-Tssaroth" she said answering the question- but then she threw the question on to the table. "But I am sure that there must be atleast one among us who has?".

Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Dogar_Setton
07/26/2003 8:17 AM


"But I am sure that there must be atleast one among us who has?".




"I was. Twice. In my old life." The kender answered curtly, then continued to wrap choice morsels of food into rags and secret them in his many pockets. Looking up, he noticed the two elves looking at him in expectance. He sighed.

" The first time I went there was with my father and uncle. I was a child and so don't remember anything, except for this continual feeling of wonder and amazement at every new sight. But then, it seems like everything in my old life could make me feel like that..." Lathamier paused for a moment, a frown passing over his small features, then resumed his story and his table-clearing.

" The second time, I was in the company of about ten of my fellows. We shimmied down a crevasse that fed into a mine shaft, and came upon the city from the west. The place is a ruin now, a sprawling expanse of shattered rock and crushed mortar, with some of the original buildings still surviving among the caves. Parts of it are swamped with sea water, and other parts are actually under the sea floor." The kenders spiderlike hands lifted a wine glass to his mouth. " You can still see evidence of the draconians buildings, from when they used to live here, but now the place is overrun by hordes of Gully Dwarves, some goblins and the scattered ogre as well. There were rumours of something else down there, something which the Aghar had no word for, something which caused the goblins to light bonfires at night and the ogres to travel in groups." Lath looked off towards the fireplace blazing in the corner. " I never really found out what it was, but two of our companions never came back after a food-foraging expedition, and we left soon after, some of just forgetting and some of us expecting them to be playing a game. We all saw it as the most entertaining of mysteries, them disappearing. We were idiots."

Lath looked up from his story, saw the two still looking at him. Shifting uncomfortably in their gaze, he mumbled an apology and slipped from his chair to get more wine from the bar. "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
07/26/2003 3:32 PM


Lath looked up from his story, saw the two still looking at him. Shifting uncomfortably in their gaze, he mumbled an apology and slipped from his chair to get more wine from the bar.

Seela watched as Lath went to the bar, ordering more wine. Setting her chin within her hand as she leaned on the table, the girl thought over the Kenders story.

Mysterious creatures that sounded like they were afraid of light? That cused people to vanish? That nobody saw? None of this rang a bell with the Seela, and so she looked around the table expactantly. Perhaps one of her companions knew what Lath had been speaking of....It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/27/2003 11:39 AM

Teona Lars saw Seela's questioning gaze and shook her head.

"What was it Lath?" she asked the kender directly. "Did you ever find out?".Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
07/28/2003 10:56 PM


Teona Lars saw Seela's questioning gaze and shook her head.

"What was it Lath?" she asked the kender directly. "Did you ever find out?".

Seela then turned back to the Kender, waiting for his answer about the creature he had mentioned earlier.
It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Dogar_Setton
07/29/2003 7:53 AM

Lath laid a bottle of cheap red wine on the table "Never. We left the next day. There were bodies everywhere in the outer caverns, though, and the goblins have pictures of some long-limbed, white beings scrawled across the stone walls." The kender took a long swig of the wine, grimacing as he swallowed. " Ech, vile."

"Whatever they were, though, I want nothing to do with them. So when we finally reach Xak Tsaroth, I know where I'll be..." The kenders small hand pointed to the Nerakan. ".. behind something big, dumb, and armoured.." "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
07/29/2003 4:22 PM


Lath laid a bottle of cheap red wine on the table "Never. We left the next day. There were bodies everywhere in the outer caverns, though, and the goblins have pictures of some long-limbed, white beings scrawled across the stone walls." The kender took a long swig of the wine, grimacing as he swallowed. " Ech, vile."

"Whatever they were, though, I want nothing to do with them. So when we finally reach Xak Tsaroth, I know where I'll be..." The kenders small hand pointed to the Nerakan. ".. behind something big, dumb, and armoured.."

Following the Kender's comment about where he wanted to hide if they came across the mysterious creatures, Seela simply took another apple from the fruit tree and pored herself some more water. Not being used to the common language, the young elf wasn't sure of all the words in Lath's speech, but the last part didn't sound all that polite.
It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
07/30/2003 10:05 AM

"Where there is no danger Lath, there is no challenge" said the Shagith.
Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
07/30/2003 3:17 PM


"Where there is no danger Lath, there is no challenge" said the Shagith.


Seela had to agree with Teona's observation. And though the scribe had
always hungered for advanture and challenge, she was a bit afraid of the danger the group would no doubt encounter. Seela had always been sheltered, and though she could use a dagger and longbow and was incredibl agile and quick, the girl wondered just how well those skills would work for her in a dangerous situation.
It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

[Edited by Lunitari0 on Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:31 PM]

Lunitari0
07/31/2003 9:33 PM

OOC: I may or may not be able to post Friday or Saturday night. I might be having company - but I'm not sure yet. Hopefully I don't get to lost if I can't be here.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/01/2003 10:44 AM


OOC: I may or may not be able to post Friday or Saturday night. I might be having company - but I'm not sure yet. Hopefully I don't get to lost if I can't be here.


we'll pick up the thread on sunday.
Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
08/01/2003 7:20 PM


we'll pick up the thread on sunday.

OOC: Okay, see you Sunday then. :)It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
08/02/2003 5:14 PM

OOC: *bump*It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/05/2003 7:16 AM


OOC: *bump*


Sorry...

BIC: Teona let her gaze wander tot he fire, her mind full of private thoughst and then she returned her attention to the companions as the silence at the table stretched.

"I think we should rest for now. We can set out tommorow at first light" she suggested.Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Dogar_Setton
08/05/2003 8:38 AM

"Fine by me," Lath stretched, stepping down from his overtall stool, "I'm not here by choice, anyhow. I'd put this expedition off as long as posssible if I could."

The kender snatched up another round of food and, wrapping it in wax paper to secret away in the pockets of his cloak, padded towards the door and his room.

OOC: I gots me an idear. Lets send a bounty hunter out after Queshu, Deku, and whoever else we're missing, and kill off that septhiroth fellow in a horrible fashion. ;) "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
08/05/2003 5:24 PM

OOC: Don't know where Deku is, but isn't Queshu away for another week or so?

BIC Rest sounds like an excellent idea," Seela agreed supressing a yawn. Reaching down to retrieve her pack from under her chair, she stood up.

"See you in the morning everyone." With a wave, Seela made her way to her room.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/07/2003 1:49 AM

Teona nodded to the others and went to her own room for the night. As she entered the room with a torch in her head, the light was cast onto the bedside table, where a scroll could be seen. Teona Lars went to her bed, lit the bedside candle with and then dousing the torch, opened and read the message. Her heart stilled. The words were clear and written in bold elven.

Remember Our Bargain.

There was no name. But she knew from whom the message was from. She did not sleep well that night and in the morning her eyes were red rimmed with anger.Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
08/07/2003 3:16 PM

Seela was rather chipper the next morning as she made her way downstairs, packs slung over her shoulder. The night before had not been easy on the elfmaid as she tossed and turned, alternating between excitment over the upcoming journey, fear over any danger the group might face, and concern over how her parents would deal with her sudden departure. But as the rays of the sun broke through her window, Seela had quickly washed, dressed, and packed. Today was the day!

As Seela set her pack down by a table, she orderd a light breakfast as she sat down. Grumbling with slight annoyance as the the sheath of her boot-dagger rubbed on her ankle, the woman new her travelling clothes would take some getting used too. More accustomed to femine skirts and dress, not to mention her white robe she wore while working in the Tower of Light, the black pants and tan shirt Seela now wore were quite a change. She wore black boots with a boot-dagger tucked into the right one. Her long Honey-Blonde hair, instead of colied in it's usual conservative bun at the back of her neck, this day hung loose and flowing down her back. As the young scribe sat eating her breakfast, her sea blue-green eyes danced with a sparkle that had never been seen in them before.

She was a woman that would soon set out on a dangerous quest, but no matter the circumstances or clothing, her beauty still shone through.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/08/2003 7:14 AM

Teona Lars rolled out of bed, grabbed her back and then stomped down the stair. She saw Seela tucking into breakfast and joined her with a small smile. Perhaps a hot meal would soothe her frayed nerves.

Hre eyes were still bloodshot and her head hung a little from lack of sleep. She saw the curious look in Seela's eyes, but the elf maid simply shook her head and continued picking at her meal.

The meesga estill haunted her. She finally pushed away the breakfast bowl, realizing that she had no apetite and then sat back.

"Where is he?" she asked impatiently, refereing to their other companion. She was eager to be off. Eager to put as much space between her and the elven city- and her dark adversary. Once on the road, the Shagith knew that her mood would improve, once the spirit of the hunt and the tracking took root and sent her blood singing. Once she was on the trail again- she woudl feel better. Cities were not meant for Shagiths.Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
08/08/2003 1:45 PM


"Where is he?" she asked impatiently, refereing to their other companion. She was eager to be off. Eager to put as much space between her and the elven city- and her dark adversary. Once on the road, the Shagith knew that her mood would improve, once the spirit of the hunt and the tracking took root and sent her blood singing. Once she was on the trail again- she woudl feel better. Cities were not meant for Shagiths.

Seela looked up from her half-eaten breakfast, glancing at Teona's read eyes with concern. She kept silent however, feeling like she shouldn't ask what was bothering her.

"I was the firest one up this morning," she said instead. Glancing up the stairs at the other closed door of the rooms, she then looked back at Teona. "None of the others have come down yet."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/10/2003 5:24 AM


"I was the firest one up this morning," she said instead. Glancing up the stairs at the other closed door of the rooms, she then looked back at Teona. "None of the others have come down yet."


Teona made a concerted effort to chill out.
"Okay" she said, in a more relaxed tone. She leaned back in her chair and mentally planned the route they would take.

She noted Seela's expression and smiled.
"I'm not a morning person" she admitted ruefully. "Sorry Seela, my temper will improve". She thought the elf maid looked very young.

"What brings you on this journey?" she asked. Teona Lars thought that now would be a good time to get to know her companion better. When danger struck it was always wise to know the strengths and weaknesses of the people who fought beside you, so that you worked better as a team.
Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Dogar_Setton
08/10/2003 11:00 AM

Lath stretched as he sat up on the bed, grinning as he heard vertebrae pop. It had been a long time since he'd slept in a real bed, tents and jail cells being his usual lodgings, that he'd almost forgotten how it felt. He hadn't even been troubled by dreams last night, a rarity for the last few years. This bed was paradise. Maybe, he thought as he lay his head back down on the pillow, maybe he shouldnt get up at all. May be should just spend a few minutes more lying here... he wouldn't go... back to... sleep...


The kender woke once more as he heard a stomping sound descend the stairwell. He nodded. That would be the elf-maid, the hunter. Rising reluctantly from the feathered matress Lath pulled on his dark green leggings and tunic, and shrugged into his brown vest. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and frowned. Green and brown, with a black cloak.
" Even kender funerals aren't this accursed dreary.." BUt then, he hadn't felt comfortable in the bright motley of his rave since Malys' razing...

Lath shook the thought from his head and, gathering his daggers and sling with an artful sweep of his hand, headed downstairs towards the smells of toast and boiled eggs. "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
08/10/2003 3:49 PM


"What brings you on this journey?" she asked. Teona Lars thought that now would be a good time to get to know her companion better. When danger struck it was always wise to know the strengths and weaknesses of the people who fought beside you, so that you worked better as a team.

Seela smiled at the question.

"A few nights ago I was in the Tower of Light, where I work as a scribe. I've always been good with languages, so I was taught the magical toungue and hired to help record spell onto scrolls and such.

Anyway, a few nights ago, I was having difficulty with my latest assignment, so I decided to take a break and clear my head. While sitting on one of the window ledges to watch the sunset, I heard the call to come to Silvanesti. Since I was of course already in Silvanesti, I automaticaly went to this beautiful old tree that has been my favorite spot since I was little.

While sitting in the branches, I heard the call again. I climbed down to see the rest of the group gathered," Seela continued indicating the rooms upstairs, than Teona herself, "and the rest is history."

Seela looked at Teona.

"I'm no Mage, nobody of great power or experience, but I'm brave. I know how to fight, and I have always been able to move incredibly fast. My parents used to say that I'm as quick as the wind. I know I'm young at only 110 years, but I have always felt I was bound for some great adventure. I won't let the group down."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
08/10/2003 7:16 PM

OOC: *bump*It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Lunitari0
08/12/2003 2:19 PM

OOC: *bump*It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
08/12/2003 3:00 PM

OOC: Whoa... that'll teach me to go on vacation. This page is taking forever to load, and I only loaded the last page, so I'll write something tomorrow... when I actually have a decent computer and am not too tired to create a good post.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
08/12/2003 3:04 PM


OOC: Whoa... that'll teach me to go on vacation. This page is taking forever to load, and I only loaded the last page, so I'll write something tomorrow... when I actually have a decent computer and am not too tired to create a good post.

OOC: Glad to have you back Deku. We need you! :DIt's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
08/13/2003 7:11 AM

OOC: Hey everyone. Im in florida and am ung MSN on a tv. Its kinda wierd. Can someone tell me whats happened in the story since I left? Also, I think we should leave for xak tsaroth NOW!Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
08/13/2003 3:30 PM


OOC: Hey everyone. Im in florida and am ung MSN on a tv. Its kinda wierd. Can someone tell me whats happened in the story since I left? Also, I think we should leave for xak tsaroth NOW!

OOC: Nothing much has happened. The companions are still in the Inn. It's the morning of the departure to Xak-Tsaroth, and Seela, Teona, and Lath are waiting for the others to join them downstairs. ;)It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
08/13/2003 5:38 PM

"Good morning girls. Good morning Lath." Theron said cheerfully as hecame downstairs. He sat himself across from Lath.

"We should really be heading off soon. We want to get as far as possible this day. Tomorrow we could be arriving at Xak Tsaroth, if all goes well." Theron explained to the three. He took a break to munch on some waffles. He then took a sip of a glass of orange juice.

"So, who are we waiting for now?" Theron asked impatiently. He had his small pouch and retractable staff at his belt and was all ready to go.

"I'll go bring the horses to the front of the inn. Come on everyone, this will be fun." Theron said positively. He stepped out of the inn and walked over to a stable where the horses awaited. He held them all by the harnesses and brought them to the front of the inn. He tied them up to a sign post then waited for the others to come out.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
08/13/2003 11:01 PM

"Good morning Theron," Seela replied with a friendly smile, "actually we were going to leave soon. We're just waiting on the two knights and Nu."

As the elfmaid finished her explanation, she saw the monk head out to get the horses ready. Pushing her plate away and paying for her meal, Seela picked up her packs and told asked Teona if she was coming outside.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
08/15/2003 8:58 AM

Nu hated waking up. Without sight, he never knew when it was morning, o always tended to be a little late. Indeed he would've been even more late, had he not heard the clanging of armor outside his door, indicating the passing of the Solamnic... or perhaps the Nerakan, perhaps both.

Sighing, he reached onto the nearby table and felt for the amulet, pulling it over his head as he washed his face and dressed himself clumsily. Once he looked presentable (he hoped) he headed downstairs, seeing the Solamnic a few steps ahead.

The Solamnic looked troubled again, and was muttering to himself and twirling his moustaches as though lost in thought.

Nu smiled sleepily at the Knight, and moved downstairs into the main room, as Cathan sighed and walked down right behind him, apparently resolving the issue for the moment.

Nu looked for the figure of Seela and smiled. "Morning. I hope you slept well!"

Cathan muttered something sounding like an agreement, remaining as quiet as the Solamnics ever are.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
08/15/2003 2:56 PM


Nu looked for the figure of Seela and smiled. "Morning. I hope you slept well!"

Cathan muttered something sounding like an agreement, remaining as quiet as the Solamnics ever are.

As Seela stood up to head outside to the horses, she waved good morning to Cathan and Nu.

OOC: If the group leaves for Xak-Tsaroth before I can get back online, Seela will just follow the group. :)It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Jorza
08/21/2003 4:38 PM

Teona Lars mounted her horse and then turned to face the others. Further out she would abandon the horse and simply skip from tree to tree- another from of travel for a Shagith.

"We are ready then?".



If the group leaves for Xak-Tsaroth before I can get back online, Seela will just follow the group. :)


Ditto!Something was different. This time it was as if the game was playing him.

Lunitari0
08/21/2003 6:02 PM


"We are ready then?".


Seela secured her packs to one of the remaining horses, a beautiful little pony who was all white, save for her black mane and black star on heer forhead. While tying one of the last straps, the horse nuzzled Seela shoulder. The elven scribe smiled and stroked the horse's neck.

Mounting up, Seela nodded to Teona.

"I'm ready!"
It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

deku99
08/21/2003 9:32 PM

Nu wasn't quite sure how to get on the horse, but wanting to appear confident among the group, he mounted the apparently colorless horse anyway.

A few laughs later, the Nerakan calmly told Nu that he was mounted backward. Nu blushed furiously, and tried again, this time getting the orientation correct. His unfocused eyes looked skyward, and he fumed as he heard the Nerakan continue to chuckle.

Cathan frowned disapprovingly at the Nerakan, and mounted a pure white steed of his own, getting on with expert ease.

"I'm ready as well," he said solemnly, feeling the sudden weight of the task once more.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
08/21/2003 9:59 PM

From atop her black and white pony (whom she had decided to call Stargazer), Seela surveyed the group. Only the Monk and Kender were missing.

"I wonder where Theron and Lath are..."It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

QueshuWarrior
08/22/2003 1:30 PM

"Im here, im here!" Theron responded, standing next to the door. He hopped on a completely black horse.

"Well, i guess ill take this one. Hmmm, ill call him...uh... Black Horse! Yes thats it!" Theron said, proud of himself, rubbing the horses neck. He sighed and thought to himself. It has been a long time since his last adventure, abut thirty years ago. He was much older now and it was notiable. His blue mohawk was beginning to gray at the roots. His eyes were wrinkled underneath. Being 54, he could still hold his own with his martial arts and he always had the power of ice given to him by his goddess Corria.

He thought about his last adventure. It was a mission to solve the murder of the Lord of Palanthas. He sighed again and turned to the others, tears forming in his eyes. He sucked them in and wiped his eyes.

"Im ready." Theron said, the excitement of adventure returning to him.Detroit Pistons rock!

Lunitari0
08/22/2003 2:00 PM


He thought about his last adventure. It was a mission to solve the murder of the Lord of Palanthas. He sighed again and turned to the others, tears forming in his eyes. He sucked them in and wiped his eyes.

OOC: That was the adventure Brooke was/is in, right? :D


BIC: Seela smiled at the monk and inclined her head in greeting.It's not how much magic you have, it's how you use the magic you have.

Dogar_Setton
08/24/2003 3:24 PM

Lath stepped outside, eyeing the line of tall horses and gazing wryly at the shaggy brown Pony stood at the end. "I wonder which one's meant for me.You know," the kender mused, winking at Seela. "someday I'm going to be the first kender to choose to ride a horse, and leave one of you long-legged folk to hunker on the runt over there." He sidled alongside a chestnut roan, then nimbly skipped backward as the large animal nearly stepped on him. "Perhaps not today, though."

The kender vaulted atop the calmy chewing Pony, adopting a cross-legged pose on the saddle. "Well, I'm as ready as I need to be."


OOC: Sorry for not posting very regularly, but I'm at my parents house right now and their internet connection's about as fast as a tortoise on Valium. Seriously, I clocked the transition from the sign in page to here at about 5 minutes. I wopn't be on the internet much for the next week, but I'll try to keep up with the thread. Oh, and nice to see you back Deku, Queshu and Luni. "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

deku99
08/28/2003 2:50 PM

OOC: Well, I suppose we can just go, unless there's something else that anyone wants to add?Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
08/30/2003 12:05 AM

OOC: Sorry for my unexplained exit. On Sunday, my modem broke. I'm getting it replaced on TUesday, and until then I'm using my boyfriend's computer at night.

If I get stuck again though Seela and Stargazer will just follow the group until I can post again.

:DI Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

Lunitari0
08/31/2003 4:56 PM

OOC: Seela and Stargazer are ready to go when everyone is ready.I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/02/2003 12:49 PM

OOC: Well, I suspect its my responsibility to take some initiative here, as I did start the thread and all. Sorry, everyone. Started my high school and college classes recently and its a pain to focus on here while still doing homework. If I disappear again, anyone can take initiative if they would like. Sorry again.

BIC:

Once everyone was mounted on their respective horses, Cathan looked at Seela and Teona, "Ladies, I know not the way from here, or which paths will expediate our travel. Therefore, I must bow before your superior knowledge of the road ahead, and will follow where you may lead." He spoke slowly, as though hesitant to concede his faults. Facing the road ahead, the Solamnic prepared to set out on his way.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/04/2003 10:46 PM


Once everyone was mounted on their respective horses, Cathan looked at Seela and Teona, "Ladies, I know not the way from here, or which paths will expediate our travel. Therefore, I must bow before your superior knowledge of the road ahead, and will follow where you may lead." He spoke slowly, as though hesitant to concede his faults. Facing the road ahead, the Solamnic prepared to set out on his way.

Sella pulled Stargazer in and rode to the head of the group. With only a short glance back into the city towards her family villa, she led the way out of Silvanost.I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

Lunitari0
09/07/2003 4:40 PM

Seela led the group out of the Silvanesti territory just before nightfall. Riegning Stargazer to as top, she turned to the rest of the group and spoke in rough common.

"We either camp or go on. My knowledge now of the land is limited. Someone else will have to guide us to Xak-Tsaroth"I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/07/2003 7:41 PM

Cathan shook his head gravely. "I am not familiar with this region either. My whole life has been spent in Northern Solamnia." He looked around, hoping that someone else would know the area.

Catching the Solamnic's gaze, Nu shook his head sadly. "Even if I knew the region, I would not be an able guide."

The wind whipped around the group, as though whispering some soft senseless words to them. This time, however, there was no sound, only a sense of urgency, and of a need for haste.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/07/2003 9:01 PM


Cathan shook his head gravely. "I am not familiar with this region either. My whole life has been spent in Northern Solamnia." He looked around, hoping that someone else would know the area.

Catching the Solamnic's gaze, Nu shook his head sadly. "Even if I knew the region, I would not be an able guide."

The wind whipped around the group, as though whispering some soft senseless words to them. This time, however, there was no sound, only a sense of urgency, and of a need for haste.

The wind blew Seela's long honey-blonde hair around her shoulders. She could feel the message in the air and frowned.

"So what do we do now?"I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/08/2003 11:32 AM

"Obviously, we would not have been sent if we did not possess the tools to continue," Nu said, his brow creased in thought. "Surely one among us must know the way. If not, then we'll just have to head in the general direc..."

He fell silent, as though realizing he was speaking loufly to the entire group. His voice trailed off, and he looked away in order to hide the sudden redness in his cheeks.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/08/2003 1:58 PM


"Obviously, we would not have been sent if we did not possess the tools to continue," Nu said, his brow creased in thought. "Surely one among us must know the way. If not, then we'll just have to head in the general direc..."

He fell silent, as though realizing he was speaking loufly to the entire group. His voice trailed off, and he looked away in order to hide the sudden redness in his cheeks.

Seela smied encouragingly at Nu.

"Your right, Nu," she agreed, "there must be away to get us to Xak-Tsaroth. Perhaps we should head in that direction, at least until another idea strikes us. "

She looked at the whole group now.

"Is everyone fine with that idea? If so, should we continue on now or rest first?"I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/08/2003 2:58 PM

Cathan nodded. "I am ready to follow wherever this quest may lead, Lady," he said with flourish. "Even if it takes me to the very depths of the Abyss."



Seela smied encouragingly at Nu.

"Your right, Nu," she agreed, "there must be away to get us to Xak-Tsaroth. Perhaps we should head in that direction, at least until another idea strikes us. "


Nu nodded in agreement. "I'll go wherever you go," he smiled at Seela, as his blush faded.Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/08/2003 3:26 PM


Nu nodded in agreement. "I'll go wherever you go," he smiled at Seela, as his blush faded.

Sella smiled and cleared her throat nervously. Not being used to the politeness of humans, she blushed slightly.

"Alright then," she commented to the group, "I wish to move on too. Let us be off again then."

Brushing the oft waves of her blonde hair out of her face, she clicked her tongue gently as she turned Stargazer around again. Together, the group began their trek in the direction of Xak-Tsaroth.

OOC: I hope you don't mind me taking the lead of sorts, Deku.I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/08/2003 8:53 PM


OOC: I hope you don't mind me taking the lead of sorts, Deku.


OOC: I have no problem at all, Luni. Just don't kill everyone off or something... ;) Now if only someone else would reply. If they don't soon, I suppose we can just continue this one until they do.
Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/08/2003 10:50 PM


OOC: I have no problem at all, Luni. Just don't kill everyone off or something... ;) Now if only someone else would reply. If they don't soon, I suppose we can just continue this one until they do.

,b>OOC: Sounds good to me.I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

deku99
09/15/2003 1:10 PM

OOC: Okay, I really like this story, so I'll give the rest a couple more days to post. If not, we can continue it, keeping character control to a minimum, until we reach a point where we can get some new people to join? Sound good, Luni?Everything you've learned in school as obvious becomes less and less obvious as you begin to study the universe. For example, there are no solids in the universe. There's not even a suggestion of a solid. There are no absolute continuums. There are no surfaces. There are no straight lines -B. Fuller

Lunitari0
09/15/2003 9:12 PM


OOC: Okay, I really like this story, so I'll give the rest a couple more days to post. If not, we can continue it, keeping character control to a minimum, until we reach a point where we can get some new people to join? Sound good, Luni?

OOC: Sounds great! :DI Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

Dogar_Setton
09/16/2003 10:28 AM

OOC: sorry for not posting much, but I've been busy with starting school again. Student loan troubles and all. I'll try to post more regularly, so please do not flog me, kind masters. :D

IC: Lath urged his pony into a trot, following Seela into the forest paths. He chewed his lower lip in shame for a moment, watching the inexperienced elven girl riding confidently into the unknown. "She's so brave." Lath whispered to himself. "And I'm huddling here like the coward I am." The kender looked back towards the safety of the city lights once more, then looked forward where a smiling elven-maiden was silhouetted against a harsh and alien landscape. Gritting his teeth and gripping his dagger for courage, Lathamie rode up to catch up with Seela.

" I'll ride point with you, Seela. As much as I want to forget it, I know the way..." "Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-."
- Gen. Sedgewicks last words, U.S Civil War

"Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization."
- some e-mail

Lunitari0
09/16/2003 9:49 PM


Lath urged his pony into a trot, following Seela into the forest paths. He chewed his lower lip in shame for a moment, watching the inexperienced elven girl riding confidently into the unknown. "She's so brave." Lath whispered to himself. "And I'm huddling here like the coward I am." The kender looked back towards the safety of the city lights once more, then looked forward where a smiling elven-maiden was silhouetted against a harsh and alien landscape. Gritting his teeth and gripping his dagger for courage, Lathamie rode up to catch up with Seela.

" I'll ride point with you, Seela. As much as I want to forget it, I know the way..."

As the voice of the quiet Kender caught her ear, Seela turned her head to him. She had only known him a very short time, but she could see that he had been through much in his life.

It lessened the fear in her own heart as the watched the Kender visibly push his own fears aside to help her and the group. She gave him an encouranging smile as she spoke in heavily accented Common.

"I thank you, Lath for your help. The language isn't the only thing unknown to me. It seems travelling the land is much different than just reading about it."I Serve my Goddess of Magic First, The Conclave Second

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com