[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > RP-The lost CItadel of the gods

Kanmeros
07/07/2000 2:05 AM

It is said that deep between a cave forgotten by time, lays a Fortress that once the gods inhabited. It s protected by countless mosnters and dark magic that not even the Dark Queen could match. Many have ventured to it, but have never come back, will you dare to risk your very soul to find this Citadel, and take hold of the many riches and fame this place would hold for thee?

You may start in the next reply, you do not need to explain your motives, just follow along...everyone here is on its own and if he or she desires, can make a friendship of the other adventurer to have a greater chance of conquering the dark fortress.

You come long the "entrance" to the maze that leads to the citadel deep below the ground. The entrance is no more than an open cave, big enough for a Dragon to fit into, guarded by two simplistic and smelly Orcs. What do you do?

GarthOne-eye
05/14/2000 3:01 PM

Sneaking up quietly, a young mage sizes up the orcs.
Should I use a sleeping spell? he asks himself. Finally he decides to dispatch them with the daggers he carries and save his spells for later.
The fight is short and silent. The young mage sets upon the orcs without a sound. With two quick slashes the orcs fall with a thud, one whose head hangs on by only a few threads, the other with a deep gash in its chest. The mage spits on the corpses and wipes his daggers free of the gore on the worty hid of one. He sets out through the entrance wondering what awaits...

Kanmeros
05/14/2000 9:14 PM

The Orcs fall limply to the floor, and die quickly. It is too dark inside the cave, there are no torches or any source of light. Five more meters and the cave is more obscure.

The_Hooded_One
05/15/2000 3:39 AM

*Hooded arrives at the entrance and notices the dead sentries.*
"Our lucky day, huh." Hooded says cheerfully to his dagger and enters into the darkness.

Tanin
05/15/2000 1:39 PM

*Tanin Majere strides up to the group, his armor glittering in
the sun. He looks around at the bodies.*
"Good. My armor will stay clean for a while."
*Tanin turns to the group. He bows respectfully then asks*
"Can ye use my assitance?"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/15/2000 2:08 PM

*the swordswoman in black leather armor and a chainmail vest stumbles into the cave, grumbling and complaining beneath her breath, she carries with her three torches blazing*

Turns a corner and runs into those gathered around, "WHAT THE!" she glares at them wide-eyed.

"You scared the HECK out of me! And what in the name of the gods are you doing standing around in the DARK?! Huh?!"

*passes out the torches and checks to be sure her red hair wasn't burnt off by the blasted things*

Looks around her and sees the dead, "EWWWWWWWWWW!! Well well, looks like the beginnings of an adventure to me. Count me in fellas!!"

Tanin
05/15/2000 7:01 PM

*Tanin walks up to Autumn and bows respectfully.*
"Thank you very much for the torches and we are glad to
have you aboard. I am honored you wished to join us."
*Leads her to the rest of the group. Looking at Autumn
the red hair brings back memories of his loving mother Tika.
Tanin turns away from the group for a minute alone with his thoughts
and memories of home.*
"I will come back mother. I must."-He says to himself in a half whisper.


Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/15/2000 7:31 PM

Well, I'm glad that we've all started off so well, but I don't suggest sitting around. We have no idea of what dangers the cave holds for us. Are we all willing to work together? We need a rear guard... any volunteers? I would like to lead along with however many others can fit across the width of the cave... Do we have a cleric in the house?

Garth One-Eye

Kanmeros
05/15/2000 8:40 PM

The torches illuminate the cave further, there is a frame made of oak wood on the far, it has no door, the inside looks as dark as night, and on the lower left side of the door, lies what it seems a crimson bag, it is crimson since the lightsource gave out its color. The smell of sulfur goes strong as you get further inside.

The_Hooded_One
05/16/2000 4:52 AM

*Hooded retrieves the crimson bag. Searching inside he finds several rubies. Knowing none of them have magical powers he throws them away in disgust. Such gems being a copper-piece a dozen in the dwarven towns, Hooded frequently raids. On second thought he takes the crimson bag. Leaving the rubies to lie on the ground.*
"Quite the gathering." Hooded observes. "So are you all here to kill that abomination that calls itself a dragon as well?" Hooded asks the crowd in general.

Autumn
05/16/2000 11:35 AM

Seeing the wistful expression on his face, she claps Tanin on his back, almost knocking him over, "Oops! Sorry Knight...didn't mean to be so rough."

"Bleh! Great smell we got goin' on here! That dragon needs a frigging breath mint!" crouches slyly, or so she thinks, and gathers up the cast away rubys and pockets them.

"I'll take up the rear, since non of you MEN volunteered!" moves to rear, staying in the torch light, and unsheathes her sword.

Tanin
05/16/2000 11:43 AM

*Tanin adjusts the crossbow slung over his back after getting
slapped by Autumn and moves farther into the cave.*
"I was going to volunteer but you responded 3 minutes earlier than me."
*Tanin notices the gems Autumn is holding and questions her about them.
After Autumn tells him about the bag, he quickly steps up to meet
The Hooded One. Tanin steps in front of his, his hand on the hilt of his sword.*
"I didn't know you had been placed in charge of the bag. In fact, I don't think anyone
else other than you has seen it's contents. I think you should show it to us and if it's
gems or money, divide it up between us. Don't you?"
*Tanin steps forward, his left hand closed over the hilt of his sword, his right hand closed over
the hilt of his dagger.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Elyssa
05/16/2000 12:44 PM

A young elven girl, or at least half-elven, runs into the cave like there's no tomorrow. She sees the dead orcs, and knows she's safe. She's not alone here. She runs as fast as she can, deep into the caves, hopes to see someone, anyone, before she reaches the first fork. She notices the shadows of the group, and through her broken breath she yells "WAIT!!!!"

_________
I'm special... Just like everybody else.

Kanmeros
05/16/2000 2:12 PM

The cave stenches of sulfur as everyone walks deep inside, there is a great hallway...this time however, torches are visible, but not ignited.

The door behind begins to close slowly, as one more adventurer gets inside. Pieces of wood are among many things on the ground. As you step further, helmets, human bones, more backpacks (containing spell books and such) are scattered everywhere...the wood seems to be spears...and pieces of silver tips are among them. No doubt, it was an army caravan that was here a long ago.

Kanmeros
05/16/2000 2:12 PM

The cave stenches of sulfur as everyone walks deep inside, there is a great hallway...this time however, torches are visible, but not ignited.

The door behind begins to close slowly, as one more adventurer gets inside. Pieces of wood are among many things on the ground. As you step further, helmets, human bones, more backpacks (containing spell books and such) are scattered everywhere...the wood seems to be spears...and pieces of silver tips are among them. No doubt, it was an army caravan that was here a long ago.

Tanin
05/16/2000 3:58 PM

*Hearing Elyssa's yell Tanin whirls around and slips away from the group.
Tanin goes a little farther into the shadows in case it wasn't Elyssa he heard.
Seeing her approach in a hurry however he steps out of the shadows and leads her back to
the rest of the group.*
"Elyssa, are you allright?" -Tanin, before Elyssa can answer, turns to Autumn.
"I'm going to take rear guard if you don't mind." He then turns back to Elyssa.

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/16/2000 5:18 PM

Smiles at Tanin, "Be my guest," then grumbles beneath her breath, "Always chivalry and honor with you knights," and moves up front, lights some of the torches and looks around.

Swallows hard at the site of an ancient masacre, then starts kicking around some skulls, "Hey, that looks like mom, oh, and over there, uncle..is that you?"

*giggles then shuts up at the disgusted glances from the others*

*stands back and slices figure eights at great speed thru the air with her blade, twirls her sword on her fingertip, flips it, then catches it deftly*

"I'll hold my own! Don't look at me that way!"

Kanmeros
05/16/2000 11:03 PM

Many treasures are on the floor. If you wander deep, you will hear sounds of water running...and the smell of sulfur grows thin.

The_Hooded_One
05/17/2000 3:25 AM

*Hooded stares at the knight named Tanin icily. Seeing Tanin turn to greet the new comer, Hooded quickly deposits the red bag into a secret pocket in his cloak.*
"Well if your all so keen on taking rear guard. I'll take point."
*Hooded begins walking forwards. Strange he thinks as he hears the faint sound of water and smell ofsulfer grow thin. Hooded halts and turns to discuss the develepment with the group.*
"Do you hear that?"

Autumn
05/17/2000 10:12 AM

"Why yes, Hooded One, I believe I DO hear that!" scans the ground and finds what she was hoping for.

*bends and picks up a long dagger with a jeweled grip. examines it carefully, slicing her finger in the process, then slides it in her belt*

Pushes past everyone, "Big babies! C'mon Hooded dude" takes a torch and heads further in, "Watch out, it's slippery as all get out down this way," slips several times before she gets the hang of it, "The ground seems to be sloping here."

Turns back and looks for the others, "C'mon! I don't wanna die alone, ya know!"

"Watch..I'm gonna break my ankle or something," she mumbles to herself.

Tanin
05/17/2000 1:29 PM

*Tanin watches Autumn run past everyone and slip.
He laughs slightly, then makes sure everyone goes in front of him.
He glares at The Hooded One (who returns his glare) as The Hooded One moves on.
Tanin unslings his crossbow and takes a looks behind him. He picks up a few gems and
a few other things, then moves forward, his ears open for any sound behind the group.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Kanmeros
05/17/2000 3:23 PM

The sound of water is great now. The hallway stops here, a cornered room with a crystal fountain in the middle, around it, foundations of water are everywhere. There is a small concrete way that leads to the fountain. On the fountain there's a golden statue of a Dragon holding a lance on its jaw. There seems to be no more exits or openings in this room. There seems to be something inscribed on the statuette.

Elyssa
05/17/2000 9:10 PM

Tanin, beware...
All of you...
No one would leave such a treasure unguarded... Or user friendly....
This treasure wouldn't be guarded just by two orcs...
Look around...

_________
I'm special... Just like everybody else.

Autumn
05/17/2000 10:04 PM

Glances around at the others and snickers, "I found what I want," sheathes her sword and moves forward.

*the air is moist and the torches behind her illuminate the water in a dizzying fashion as she steps upon the narrow walkway leading to the fountain*

"Oh baby," she whispers when she reaches the golden dragon statue.

*with a gloved hand, she reaches up to the shining lance and grabs at it and is thrown back by an enormous shock*

Clutching her wrist she looks back to the group, "PURE OF HEART!" slaps herself in the forehead, "Should have known!" stands and looks from Tanin to Elyssa...

"SO! Who will it be to fetch that frigging LANCE?!"

Flicks a glance at Hooded, "Yeah! Right!" she chuckles, "Take a grab at it if you want!"

The_Hooded_One
05/18/2000 4:36 AM

"Of course I won't try to grab it." Hooded says unconvincingly to Autumn.

*Greed overwhelming him, Hooded begins sprinting with lightening speed straight to the lance and reaches out a greedy hand. There is a strange hissing noise and Hooded pulls back a blistered hand. Unsheathing his dagger, Hooded waves it threateningly at the lance a few times and walks over to a wall with his arms folded.*

Tanin
05/18/2000 12:47 PM

*Tanin comes out of the back of the group and snickers as
The Hooded One get injured.*
"Evil people. Hee hee. Gotta love em."
*Tanin walks along the plank carefully then comes before the golden statue.
Tanin hesitates a moment then reaches out a grabs the lance....

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/18/2000 3:44 PM

Garth scrambles in, catching up to the others. "Miss me anyone?" Then he sees Tanin reaching for the lance. "Wait, stop! Don't touch that! It's a trap!" he yells.

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
05/18/2000 3:53 PM

Scowls at the mage, "Take it Knight!" she eggs him on, but then stops and touches his elbow to halt him.

Turns her attention to Garth, "Mage, what magic, if any, do you sense. I am blind to that hocus pocus stuff," wiggles her gloved fingers in the air.

GarthOne-eye
05/18/2000 4:02 PM

Garth scrathes his head. "It's not the lance that has the enchantment, but the dragon. I can't make out the type of enchantment that's placed on it, but there's a 50/50 chance that it's bad. And judging by the bones that we saw back there, it's probably bad. I suggest that we wait until we have studied the dragon before we attempt to take the lance. Given time, I can discover the type of enchantment placed on the dragon and therefor devise a spell to displace the enchantment. Just my opinion. Noone has to respect it or anything..."

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
05/18/2000 4:13 PM

*not normally trusting of magick users, and seeing that this one is quite young, she decides to follow her gut on this one and nods her head in agreement*

"Very well. Can anyone make anything out of the inscription on the dragon?"

*unsheathes her sword and leans against a wall and the wall begins to move back*

"Ack!" spins around and peers in the small opening created in the wall...

Tanin
05/18/2000 5:00 PM

*After hearing the suggestions from the crowd, Tanin
removes his hand from the lance and steps down. He goes back
to stand by Elyssa.*
"I agree with you Elyssa. Something's definately wrong.
Noone would leave all those gems back there."

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Kanmeros
05/18/2000 9:22 PM

The small crack is rectangular-shaped and it is a hand-wide long. Afterwards, all asorund the wall more little openings like this one appear...shortly, water starts filling the room slowly...the front entrance gets blocked and there seems to be not a single way out. The inscription, which is visible to most creatures who can read, says:

"Lo, and gaze upon me! Water is the fury that erases wrongs, and salvation comes on the form of a riddle...The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place."

The water continues flowing.

Elyssa
05/18/2000 9:30 PM

It's a bad time to say "told you", huh?
Think, Elyssa, think.....
*thinks*
Think more...
*thinks more...*
*tries to calm herself down*

We're not going to die, we're not going to die... I hope...

_________
I'm special... Just like everybody else.

The_Hooded_One
05/18/2000 9:55 PM

*Hooded leans against the wall. His hands dripping
blood from burst blisters.*
"The young mage lies. The dragon built its lair
here to stop someone from using the
lance. We cannot leave until we have the lance."

The_Hooded_One
05/18/2000 9:57 PM

*Hooded leans against the wall. His hands dripping
blood from burst blisters.*
"The young mage lies. The dragon built its lair
here to stop someone from using the
lance. We cannot leave until we have the lance."
*Hooded watches the group, his face holding a
nuetral expression.*

Autumn
05/18/2000 10:27 PM

"Awwwww SHI!!!!!!!" her words are cut by the fear-driven bile rising in her throat.

"TANIN! The lance, DAMN YOU!" grabs Hooded, "C'mon! Push!"

*throws her body against a leaking wall, finds a weakness and blocks begin to give way and tumble*

"THE LAAANNNNCE!" she hollars and motions for the others to follow thru the small opening, "Hope you all can swim!" she sheaths her sword and dives thru the hole in the wall.

*finds herself in very deep water and swims for an eternity then pops to the surface in a large cavern. catches her breath and looks around as she bobs in the FREEZING water*

"I promise, I will go on," she mutters to herself then gazes into the water waiting for the others.

Elyssa
05/19/2000 1:19 AM

Um, people.. I think that's the time I become useful...
*grabs Tanin's arm*
I think I know the answer to the riddle...
But, how the hell am I supposed to give it? Is there a submit button on the wall...?
*looks around*
*gets everyone attention*
The answer is the letter "E"... I'm sure of it.
Do you agree with me?

_________
I'm special... Just like everybody else.

Tanin
05/19/2000 12:42 PM

*Tanin runs along side Elyssa.*
"Yes! That's it! The letter 'E'! Should I get the lance?"
*Sheathes his sword as the water comes up to his knees.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/19/2000 3:38 PM

*Sputters* "Yes, you're right. The answer is the letter "E". It must stand for something, but what? If only this water wasn't coming so fast... E, E, E... Tanin, let me see your sword!"

Garth One-Eye

Tanin
05/19/2000 3:43 PM

*tosses Garth his Elven made, one handed, double egded, wonderful sword.*
"Take care of it!"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/19/2000 3:52 PM

Garth concentrates, breathing deeply. He brings out a rock and crushes it, sprinkling the powder over the sword. The sword begins to glow with an unearthly light. "Rash benine sterenka krashen" he shouts, a wind blasting out of the sword and swirling around him making his robes billow out. The wind cuts a path through the water and begins to circle the chamber and rising upward. The water, bound by the wind begins to move upward as well. With a final blast, the wind pushes the water through the ceiling and the many layers of earth above. Then, Garth cast another quick spell causing the holes in the walls to patch up as well as the ceiling. He then collapses into a pile and darkness claims him.

Garth One-Eye

Kanmeros
05/19/2000 4:21 PM

The water on every corner stops as the mages magic and the answer from the adventurer's is said. The statuette remains lifeless as ever and the spear falls from its jaw. The lance shines golden and does not gives sign of magic at all...The lost companion that went through the hole finds herself trapped in yet another room...dank and pestilent it is, that she cannot seem to see far her own nose.

There's no sign of another opening, nor anything else to get out from the fountain chamber.

Autumn
05/19/2000 4:33 PM

"ACK!" she stomps, sputters and runs around, mad as a hornet bumping into walls in the darkness, "DAMMIT! By the GODS it's DARK in here!"

*slips and falls into a pool of water and splashes around and crawls out and begins feeling along the walls*

"HELP!" she is in a panic, "What the?!" her hand touches something slimey and she whimpers, "Mommy?"

The_Hooded_One
05/20/2000 5:48 PM

*Hooded reaches out a hand and grabs Autumn's sleeve. Realeasing the sleeve, Hooded reaches out again and grabs a handful of hair and pulls harshly.*
"Just calming you." Hooded says to the annoyed hiss.
*Muttering a few words, a strange light emanates out of Hooded's dagger. Hooded waves the dagger around at the mages. Apparently pleased with the simplistic spell.*

Autumn
05/20/2000 7:12 PM

*fingering the wall for hours in the blackness, she finally finds a loose stone and pushes. crawls through and back into the room with the other companions*

*feels Hooded tugging at her*

"Oh please, calm me some more," she says dully.

Looking back at the wall thru which she just came, "NO ONE go in there!"

*shivers*

Elyssa
05/20/2000 9:23 PM

Ok, so now where do we go... There's only this small room and the place we came from...

But why would someone put such a small meaningless dark room here, with the big room full of treasures?

_________
I'm special... Just like everybody else.

Aryx
05/20/2000 9:55 PM

~The dark figure watches the group intently from above listening carefully~

Kanmeros
05/21/2000 12:42 AM

A Small trembling sound can be felt on theor feet...minutes later, a hole starts cracking on the floor and you fall down to it, the lance along with you. You find yourselves under the fountain's room...it is dark and there is no lightsource of any sort. But the floor, despite the lasrge amount of water that was on the preceding level, feels dry, like ivory. A strong wind current can be felt, but it is not known from what direction.

The_Hooded_One
05/21/2000 2:02 AM

"Hey the lance." Hooded says excitedly.
*There is a hissing sound followed by Hooded swearing harshly.*
"Someone pick that thing up. What way now? Where's that wind coming from?"

Tanin
05/21/2000 10:37 AM

*Tanin feels his way on the ground to where he heard
The Hooded One hiss. He feels for a minute then stumbles accross the
lance which he picks up. He then crawls back the same way he came and stands back up.*
"There, I have the lance! Hey... umm Garth? Can I have my sword back? And
someone get some light in here!! One of you wizard guys. We need light! We'll worry about the wind
AFTER we have light."

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/21/2000 4:46 PM

*crawls around on the floor in the dark, hair whipping around her, occasionally bumping into someone*

"Oops."

"Sorry."

"Excuse me."

*continues to crawl around*

The_Hooded_One
05/22/2000 2:31 AM

*Hooded mutters a few arcane words and a strange light emanates from the blade of his dagger.*
"Not just a pretty face are ya?" Hooded asks his dagger fondly.
*Hooded looks at the floor, a picture of dragons battling is painted in exquisite detail there.*
"Why is the picture on the floor and not the wall?" Hooded asks the gathering.

Tanin
05/22/2000 10:16 AM

*After finally getting some light, Tanin takes a look at his
surroundings.*
"Garth can I please please please have my sword back!"
*Finding Elyssa, he hands the lance over to her (seeing as she's 'pure of heart') and
goes over to where Garth is and retrieves his sword. He then goes to look at the paintings
The Hooded One is looking at. The wind hits his face and he suddenly remebers that there is a
strange wind.*
"Can someone find where that wind is coming from?"
*He goes back to inspecting the painting but always keeping an eye on The Hooded One.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/22/2000 10:44 AM

Looks impatiently at Hooded, "What ARE you talking about?! The painting IS on the wall, dumdum, you're STANDING right on it..." looks up at Hooded, "WAIT one dang minute!" nudges Tanin and goes to stand next to Hooded on the wall, "Well, this is interesting," walks up the wall and stands on the ceiling then jumps across the hole they fell thru and continues back on down to the...floor?

"The wind, the air currents, suspend you...it seems to be coming from....."

Kanmeros
05/22/2000 1:44 PM

The wind whistles strongly, as if were whispering words of the dead. Indeed, this seems to be a wal rather than a floor, on the pianitng, there are many dragons but two of them stand out of the rest, as you see to the right, there is a red dragon drawn as if it were pointing to the right side of the tunnel...with what it seems a black orb on its feet, on the far left, there is a green dragon, pointing to the left, white orb on its feet. Some of you feel as if you were watched, as another presence is near...Sound of ruffled papers accompany the many whistles that the wind provides...it sounds as pages from a book.

GarthOne-eye
05/22/2000 3:50 PM

Groaning Garth sits up and takes in his surroundings. "Wha-what're you guys looking at?" Standing up groggily, he stumbles and puts a steadying hand on the wall until his vision clears. He walks over and sees the painting on the wall. "What is it with this place and dragons? It must have something to do with the treasure. Is there a dragon guarding it or something. Is anyone else as confused as I am?"Garth One-Eye

Tanin
05/22/2000 6:01 PM

"I think this means there are two ways we can go. Maybe we should
split the group up and try both directions. Then again maybe we should all go one way.
I think we should vote."
*The wind slaps his face and for a moment, just a moment, Tanin thinks he
hears the wind talking. But it passes and Tanin just dismisses thne thought. He takes his crossbow
off his back to check if it's intact. Finding everything to be ok, he arms it and awaits the decision.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/22/2000 6:27 PM

"We would be stronger if we stayed together, but we would reach our goal sooner if we split up. I vote that we stay together."
Garth One-Eye

The_Hooded_One
05/23/2000 3:29 AM

*Hooded walks from the wall to the floor or the ceiling, he isn't sure which.*
"Hmm, maybe we should split up. Tanin, you go that way. I'll go the other way."
*Hooded thinks it over and sighs.*
"It would be best to stick together, I guess. I suggest we follow the red dragon path? What do you guys reckon?"

Tanin
05/23/2000 12:30 PM

*Tanin glares at The Hooded One, then turnes to the rest.*
"I personally suggest we take the green dragon road. It has the white orb."


Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/23/2000 1:04 PM

*grumbles*

"Red Dragon, Green Dragon, black orb, white orb! Sheesh! Pick your death for crying out loud!"

Unsheathes her sword and uses it as a pointer, "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe, catch a dragon by the toe, if it hollars let it go, eenie, meenie, minie, MOE!"

"Red Dragon wins it, AND I vote we stick together! But, that's just me."

The_Hooded_One
05/24/2000 1:59 AM

*Hooded watches amused as Autumn randomly picks a path to travel.*
"Sounds good to me." Says Hooded, heading off immediately.
"Don't worry Tanin, we'll protect you." Hooded insults skillfully, just as he turns a corner. Depriving Tanin the opportunity of a reply.

Tanin
05/24/2000 3:21 PM

*Tanin turns around ready to reply to The Hooded One but
finds he's already turned the corner.*
"Ugh. I don't need your protection!"
*Tanin then turns to the rest of the group.*
"Alright everyone. Let's go. I'll take the rear again.
I would appreciate it if ,Garth, you could watch The Hooded One.
Make sure he doesn't do anything treacherous."
Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/24/2000 4:03 PM

*sheaths her sword and rushes into the corridor, almost knocking Tanin and Garth over*

"Hurry along boys! To our deaths we go!"

*skips along, hungry for a little dragon-slaying action*

GarthOne-eye
05/24/2000 6:44 PM

*nods knowingly at Tanin* "Don't worry, I've been keeping an eye on him the whole trip. He's an interesting one, but I don't think he'll cause trouble. Anyway I'll watch him."

Garth One-Eye

Tanin
05/24/2000 7:04 PM

"Thanks Garth."
*Let's EVERYONE pass before him then begins to move along.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
05/25/2000 1:03 AM

*Walking along Hooded notices the temperature gradually rising. Suddenly about 8 red spawn creatures jump out of the shadows. Small flames jump around the claws of the creatures. One of the red spawn let loose a giant fireball. With lightening speed, Hooded jumps backwards behind the young mage Garth. Using his body to shield himself from the flame.*

Autumn
05/25/2000 3:27 AM

"YEAH!"

*making sure the others are at a safe distance, she removes the bejewelled dagger she salvaged from the treasure room and hurls it at a spawn*

POOF! *the spawn screeches as it is impaled and explodes, and as the dragger makes a u-turn, another spawn goes down*

The dagger returns to it's new owner's hand, "COOL!" she looks around at the others with a big grin, "Don't ya think?"

Tanin
05/25/2000 12:29 PM

*Tanin takes the crossbow of his back and aims it. He
fires his dart and it lands directly in the neck of one of
the spawns. It explodes. He then aims the crossbow at The Hooded
One.*
"Release Garth, Hooded One. Or you will be my NEXT TARGET!"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/25/2000 4:18 PM

Gasping, more from the exilaration of the event than from Hooded's firm hold on his robes Garth says quickly, "Thank you for your concern Tanin, but Hooded was right to jump behind me. I am protected by my magic. I will deal with Hooded later. Right now we have a bigger problem." As he says this he points at a spot a little ways behind Tanin and a jet of fire shoots from his finger, taking a spawn that was creeping up behind Tanin full in the chest. The spawn let loose a piercing scream as it exploded.

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
05/25/2000 4:52 PM

"Four down, four to go! ACK!!" a spawn charges at her about to let lose with it's death weapon when she leaps in the air and flips over the dreadful thing.

"Take that!" hurls her dagger again, getting it in it's face as it turns to her.

POOF! SIZZLE!

*her dagger is back in her hand*

"Get 'em!" she is consumed by battle lust now, wheeling around at the others, fire in her eyes.

"Mwahahahahahahahaha!"

"Watch Out Elyssa!" sees a spawn ready to take the girl out, "BAM!" throws the dagger like a bommerang, slicing it's head from it's body in the nick of time.

*dagger returns yet again. looks back at the two nasties*

"Dang! I'm exhausted! Haven't done this in a while, ya know?"

Tanin
05/25/2000 8:06 PM

*Tanin reluctantely takes his aim off The Hooded One but
realizes the spawns are too close for crossbow range. He slings the crossbow
onto his back again then takes out his sword. He lets out a battle cry
then attacks the nearest spawn. He slices it in two. He then turns around only to
find two closing in fast. He raises his sword but it is knocked from is hands. They
close in.........

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Kanmeros
05/25/2000 9:05 PM

The pawsn dimish in number as they are far to weak to outstand the power of the adventurers. You hear a knocking sound on the right side of the wall, moments later, a Golem appears...destroying part of the wall completly, towering at 10 feet tall, all of his sides chunky full of rock, the golem's eyes glow red as he nears the one with the golden lance.

The_Hooded_One
05/26/2000 2:43 AM

*Hooded snaps his fingers. His dagger appears instantly into a tight grip. With a casual throw, Hooded hiffs his dagger at the last of the red spawn casually. The knife embeds itself in the red spawns necks. A small geyser of blood spurts out the spawns neck. The spawns body spasmodically twitchs for about 10 seconds and then lays still. Hooded snaps his fingers, his dagger obediantly returns.*

"Told ya we'd protect you Tanin." Hooded sneaks in, unable to resist the oppurtunity of a verbal barb.

*Seeing the golem appear, Hooded dispatches his dagger at the rock brute. The dagger hits the golem and falls ineffectually to the ground. Hooded snorts in disgust.*

Autumn
05/26/2000 7:26 AM

*starts pounding away at the golem's knees with her sword to no effect*

Backs away, "Jeepers Tanin. Sucks to be you. You, er, you do have the lance, do you not?"

*keeps her sword handy, ready to help out if needed*

Tanin
05/26/2000 12:30 PM

*Tanin runs back away from the group to the corner they turned. He had
left the lance there in order to fire his crossbow. He retrieves it and heds for them.
He resists the urge to use it on The Hooded One and turns to the golem.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/26/2000 5:43 PM

*chews on her fingernails in anticipation, and giggles*

The_Hooded_One
05/27/2000 5:34 AM

*Hooded watches Tanin charge the golem, happily retreating to a safe distance at the same time. Satisfied at being away from the immediate danger, Hooded mutters arcane words and looks up to see the golem's movements slow slightly. Hooded thinks of another spell while watching the battle unfold.*

Tanin
05/27/2000 10:03 AM

*Tanin faces the Golem. Tanin readied the lance and waits.The golem
steps toward him, shaking the ground. It's huge hand comes down at Tanin. At
the last moment, Tanin rolls to the side and the huge hand crashes into the ground. Tanin
thrusts the lance at the Golem. The lance smashes into the Golem's
hard surface. The lance pierces the rock but the Golem's giant hands slaps the lance
away before it digs in further. The lance clanks down across the room. Tanin runs for the lance
but the Golem's hand slams into Tanin. Tanin goes flying accross the room and slams into the wall
on the opposite wall. He slumps over unconsious.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/27/2000 4:14 PM

"Dang."

*reaches for the lance and a sizzling sound can be heard by all. Autumn hisses in response and runs between the golem's legs to tend to Tanin.*

Starts shaking the knight gently and muttering soothing words such as "Get up!" and "This is no time for a nap, damn you!"

Tanin
05/27/2000 9:18 PM

*blood drips from the knights mouth as he begins to stir.
Autumn shakes him gently some more and eventually he opens his eyes*
"Huh? What happened?"
*Tanin then sees the golem*
"Oh yeah. Shoot."
*Tanin jumps up and slides between the Golem's and
retrieves the lance. He then turns and faces the Golem once more*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
05/27/2000 10:21 PM

*Hooded watches irritably, not wanting to expend a powerful spell. Knowing the need however, Hooded sighs and begins chanting arcane words. The paralysis spell stops the golem from moving entirely. Hooded's face pales as the chant goes on. Draining his strength. Eventually Hooded collapses to his knees.*

"The golem will only be stilled temporarily." Hooded rasps to Tanin, hurrying him up.

Tanin
05/28/2000 11:19 AM

*Tanin sees The Hooded One collapse and the Golem stop.
He raises the lance above his head and charges forward. The
lance crashes into the Golem. The lance pierces the Golem's outer shell
and drives right through the Golem. The lance sticks out the other side and Tanin
pulls it out. The Golem stands for a minute then comes crashing down to the ground lifeless*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
05/28/2000 11:33 AM

"Tanin, are you all right? I'm sorry I couldn't help you, but most of my magic was expended on the protection spell and even then I was still drained from the last spell I cast. Well, looks like you took care of big, bad, and ugly here. Hooded, I had not sensed your power... I commend you on your ability to cast that paralysis spell. Well we'd better get moving in case he," kicks the still form of the golem, " has friends."
Garth One-Eye

Autumn
05/28/2000 12:36 PM

Helps Hooded to his feet, "Nice work big guy. You too, Tanin. WHEW! Yes...let's move on."

*they continue on down the corridor, ever watchful*

GarthOne-eye
05/28/2000 1:28 PM

Garth takes the rear of the party hanging his head, ever regretful of not being able to help Tanin in his time of need.

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
05/28/2000 2:17 PM

Slaps Garth on the back, nearly tipping him over, "Buck up, mage!"

Tanin
05/28/2000 2:23 PM

*Tanin walks slower than usual. Limping slightly on his left leg.
He drops back to where Garth is.*
"Don't worry Garth. I understand your situation."

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
05/29/2000 2:22 AM

*Hooded accepts Autumns help and staggers along, drinking in the gratitude gratefully.*

"Yes it was a good spell." Hooded says arrogantly. "Unfortunately, the last we'll be seeing for while. I am drained."

*Hooded walks up and takes point guard. His concentration shattered, Hooded doesn't notice a slight shift in the shadows up ahead...*

Kanmeros
05/29/2000 2:25 AM

Advancing, you come upon a closed door. This door is arc-like, and has no door knob. On the middle of it, there is a paper wit h some words saying: "I never was, am always to be,
No one ever saw me, nor ever will
And yet I am the confidence of all
To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball."

The_Hooded_One
05/29/2000 2:40 AM

*Then a walking skeleton walks out of the shadows.*

"Get away from my door." Says the skeleton.

Tanin
05/29/2000 12:27 PM

*still feeling woozy, Tanin watches the skeleton come forth.
Tanin draws his sword again and moves in front of The Hooded One.
"You'd better get out of the way. You're still to weak to fight."
*Tanin turns to face the skeleton and almost falls over as he still has trouble standing.
He sets the lance down and comes face to face with the skeleton creature.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/29/2000 4:15 PM

Concentrates on the riddle and scratches her head, "Dang! I hate these things, I can never figure them out, ya know what I mean?" looks up at the others then finally notices the sketelton.

~skeleton~ none shall passsssssssss. ifffff yoooouuuuu try yoooooouuuu shall feeeeeel my masssssster's wraaaaaaath. i am guuuaaaaardian of thiiiiissss chaaaaaaamber.

"Geez. That doesn't sound good," Autumn says, biting her lip and looking around at the others, then reaches out with her sword and smites the skeleton down.

The_Hooded_One
05/30/2000 2:21 AM

*Hooded irritably listens to advice and steps back. Knowing he was in no condition to fight the skeleton. Hearing the skeleton's wavering words.*

"Hmm, the guardian huh?.. well not anymore." Hooded says just after Autumn strikes it down.

*Hooded goes to the door to work out the riddle.*

Autumn
05/30/2000 3:50 PM

Scratches her head, "Think, think, think," goes to her thinking corner which just happens to be in this very corridor.

"Eureka! I got it! Air! Oxygen? Er, time? ummm...gravity? No, that's not right. DAMN!" paces back and forth, "Awwww...wait. The Future? Or maybe Time? Is that right?" looks around at the others excitedly.

Tanin
05/30/2000 6:18 PM

"I think it's air"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
05/30/2000 6:35 PM

*Hooded pulls out a pipe and a small pair of
spectacles. Sitting down in a rocking chair, which
just happened to be there, Hooded scratches his
chin.*

"Air." Hooded says and pushes the door.
"Time." The door doesn't budge
"Hope?" The door remains still.

*Hooded goes septic with fury and kicks the door
several times until there is a sickening cracking
sound. Hooded returns to his rocking chair and
pulls out a healing salve which he applies to his
foot.*

Tanin
05/30/2000 7:14 PM

*Tanin laughs as The Hooded One hurts himself. He then picks up the lance and charges
at the door. The lance strikes the door and there is a huge clanging sound. The lance shakes uncontrollably, throwing
Tanin off his feet. The door remains the same. Unharmed. Closed.*
Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/30/2000 9:42 PM

(OOC -- LOL...u guys funny! no ideas left in me head for riddle.)

Kanmeros
05/30/2000 11:00 PM

A booming voice thunders about "Thou had answered the riddle incorrecly! suffer the wrath of the once wandering gods of dusk!"

As the voice vanishes, the ceiling comes down about 1 feet...it would seem that according to each wrong answer, the ceiling comes down a bit further, as you look up, you notice that spikes appear, among with human skulls stuck on them.

The_Hooded_One
05/31/2000 3:42 AM

*Hooded looks up at the spikes slowly advancing downwards.*

"Okay. No more guesses until we work this out. Not time or air... 'confidence of all', what the fu** is that supposed to mean?"

*Hooded thinks for a while.*

"It's all your fault Autumn for killing that skeleton. He could've given us some clues." Hooded snaps getting progressively angrier. "AND YOU" Hooded shouts in furious disgust at Tanin. "Why didn't you charge the door with that lance a little harder? It's all your fault too."

Autumn
05/31/2000 7:53 AM

"My fault?! My fault!?" brushes a skull away irritably as she stalks over to Hooded, "Everything's always MY fault! Autumn did this, Autumn did that! Sheesh!" scowls at him.

Goes to the door and knocks on it, then leans an ear against it, "Hellooo? Anyone home in there?"

Tanin
05/31/2000 12:30 PM

*Tanin turns and faces The Hooded One. He draws his sword and approaches.*
"Listen up. I hit it as hard as I could. So Don't You DARE say that this is my fault!*
*Tanin moves even closer and raises his sword to The Hooded One's neck.*
"Got that?"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
05/31/2000 3:17 PM

*Hooded slaps the blade at his throat away irritably. A small trickle of blood oozing down his neck.*

"Yeah alright. Before we kill each other, we better work out this riddle. Hmm or maybe we could dig under the door or something."

Autumn
05/31/2000 4:41 PM

"Yes, start digging. Good idea."

"HEY!" yells to the Big Booming Voice, "A teeny weeny little hint would be in order," then cringes expecting to be struck by lightening, er something.

Sits on the floor, "Ok folks, I'm gonna try something. You better duck!" clears her throat, "Is it *gulp* Nothing?"

Tanin
05/31/2000 4:58 PM

*Tanin puts his sword away annoyed.*
"You're right. We have to work together now. But don't try me again."
*Tanin then turns his attention to Autumn.*
"Autumn! Talk to us before you declare an answer!"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
05/31/2000 5:17 PM

"OOPS! Sorry," gives him puppy dog eyes, "There's plenty of space between us and the ceiling," looks up at the ceiling, "Next time, I be good girl," makes a 'locking her mouth with a key and throwing the key away' motion.

*lays on the floor and studies the skulls impaled by the spikes, and wonders who all those skulls once belonged to, and where the other bones are*

The_Hooded_One
06/01/2000 1:41 AM

"Hmm." Hooded says and sits down, slouching comfortably against the stone wall.

*Reaching into a pocket Hooded pulls out the red bag, reaching in he pulls out a bottle of dwarf spirits, pops the cork and takes a swig.*

"Not very professional, but hah." Hooded explains, not bothering to offer the bottle around.

"Booming voice," Hooded looks to the spikes above. "How about a hint?.. A good one."

Autumn
06/01/2000 10:38 AM

*opens her mouth to say something, then snaps it shut again*

*continues to lay on the floor, staring at the ceiling. removes a small pouch and digs in. begins nosily eating roasted chestnuts, tossing the hulls on the floor*

GarthOne-eye
06/01/2000 4:45 PM

"Obviously none of our answers work. I know I've not been much help... I've never been good with riddles... Neither I nor Hooded can spell it open, even if we were in the shape to do it because it has a strong magical ward on it, stronger than even I can break. So the question is, do we continue to try to crack the riddle, or do we turn back and see what surprises the other tunnel holds for us?"

Garth One-Eye

Tanin
06/01/2000 5:35 PM

*Tanin, never one to sit around and do nothign, steps forward.*
"I vote we turn back and try the other way. Or leave some one here to try and get through here."

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/01/2000 6:20 PM

"Agreed." Hooded says, suddenly apathetic.

"The earlier tunnels are sure to have a secret
door somewhere. With a bit of luck we can bypass
this door."

*Standing up, Hooded stabs the door with his
dagger making a small dent in the woodwork. Pulling
the dagger out hopefully, only to notice the dent
repair itself.*

"Let's go, one of you can stay if ya want. I'm outta
here."

Tanin
06/01/2000 7:05 PM

"As much as I distrust The Hooded One, I too am leaving.
Decide among yourselves who stays."
*Tanin follows The Hooded One down the hall.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
06/01/2000 9:32 PM

Jumps up, "This spikey ceiling makes me nervous. I'm outa here too!" hurries down the hall.

Autumn
06/02/2000 5:38 PM

(OOC -- He didn't ask me to do so, but I am speaking on Kan's behalf. (hope you don't mind, Kanmeros) He is gone from his computer till probably next week due to little comp 'prob'...hopefully he'll be back sooner. So, don't dump this thread, we'll continue. Oh, and I did ask him for hint with riddle, and he's no help at all! *winks at the Dungeon Master* He is not talkin! Damn!)

Tanin
06/02/2000 6:07 PM

*Tanin runs down the hall way until he reaches the main hall
they came from. He then turns to The Hooded One*
"I TOLD you we should have taken the OTHER route right from the begining. But nooooo, mister evil here
had to choose THAT path!"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/03/2000 7:04 PM

"It was the right direction." Snaps Hooded.

"There's probably another of these riddle doors on the other path anyway. Hey, wait a minute."

*Hooded stops in his tracks and examines an inconsistancy in the stone wall. Pushing a stone causes a secret door to open.*

"Now we're cooking." Hooded says walking into the secret entrance.

Autumn
06/03/2000 8:19 PM

Follows along, tugging on Hooded's robes, "Where we goin? Huh huh?"

Looks around," Ohhhhh...look at that..."

Tanin
06/04/2000 6:23 PM

*Tanin looks cautiosly at the door but then shrugs and goes through, after
carefully leaving a note for the others to follow.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/04/2000 10:21 PM

"Stop touching me for the gods sake." Hooded snaps at Autumn spinning around, dagger in hand.

"I don't know where this secret tunnel leads. Hopefully somewhere secret. With secret treasure and secret magical artifacts."

*Hooded turns to Tanin.*

"What's with the note. We found this place, they should be able to as well. I'll go and take that note down now... you don't think so? Okay then. Let's move on."

*Hooded continues down the tunnel, suddenly a painful cry is heard down the tunnel.*

Tanin
06/05/2000 12:52 PM

*Tanin hears the cry and begins to run but is quickly brought to his knees
by the wrenching pain in his chest from his wound. He clutches his chest in pain. The cry comes again and this time, Tanin
tries to bea his pain and help whoever it is. Tanin rises and, still in pain, trudges along as fast as he can.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/05/2000 3:57 PM

*Hooded sees the knight stoically moving forward, despite the pain.*

"Stop looking for sympathy yellow belly. It's nothing more than a scratch."

*Hooded sneaks a pleasurable glance at the massive wound.*

"Can't you take a little pain. Ye gods, it doesn't even qualify to be called 'Wound'."

*Hooded moves on, listening happily to the occasional grunt of pain behind him.*

Tanin
06/05/2000 5:52 PM

*Tanin glares at The Hooded One as they move through the tunnel. Tanin falls a few more times but
still keeps walking. After a while, Tanin is forced to sit and rest, the wound weaking him by the minute.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
06/06/2000 1:06 AM

*having listened silently to Tanin's complaining and Hooded's taunting, she finally decides to speak. but...should she taunt along with Hooded, or should she comfort Tanin? taunt or comfort, taunt or comfort, taunt or comfort*

"OUCH!" grabs her head, "Thinking hurts me," plops down next to Tanin.

The_Hooded_One
06/06/2000 2:46 AM

*Hooded spins around.*

"Ohh, poor Autumn. Let me help you." Hooded says peering at Tanin out the corner of his eye.

*Seeing the knight remain stubbornly silent, Hooded pulls out the red bag he nabbed earlier.*

"I suppose I could spare you one of these healing potions."

*Hooded throws the healing potion to Tanin, slightly out of reach so he'll have to painfully move to pick it up.*

"As for you-" Hooded says to Autumn in disgust and waves a furious hand, stalking off to gain control over his temper, muttering something about headaches and chest wounds.

Kanmeros
06/06/2000 11:47 AM

(OOC: Blah, What made u think I was gonna give out hints *evil laugh*Ok, I am back now...)

*Ahem*

You hear a strange sound, more like a screech, on the far distance of the tunnel, again, drops of water can be heard everyewhere and the floor is damp. It sounds like a mixed sound of both rooster and a serpent's hiss.

Tanin
06/06/2000 12:47 PM

*Tanin glares at The Hooded One for a moment then looks at the healing potion on the
floor next to him. He stuggles to his feet and limps to the potion. He inspects it for
a long moment then open the top and smells it. Recognizing the healing potion smell he had
smelled so often in his younger brother, Palin's room, Tanin drinks the potion. After a few
moments Tanin feels a wave of strength and energy flow through him. He gets back onto his feet
and hurries down the tunnel after The Hooded One and Autumn. He then hearss the screech and
comes to a stop. Tanin unsheathes his sword and continues to move down the tunnel, but much more
cautiously.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Kanmeros
06/06/2000 7:14 PM

The sounds greater as the young warrior walks about. But it gets confusing as it seems to come from various parts of the obscure path, what could it mean?

Tanin
06/06/2000 7:42 PM

*Tanin Majere listens closely as he walks down the hall but
is thouroughly stumped.*
"Hey Hooded One! What do you make of this?"
Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Autumn
06/06/2000 8:39 PM

"Oh I don't like this," she shakes her head, "That sound makes my skin crawl. It sounds...undead, or not at all normal. Nope." creeps along the wall, sword in hand.

The_Hooded_One
06/07/2000 2:57 AM

"Ohhhh shit." Hooded says snapping his fingers at the same time. His dagger appears immediately into a tight grip.

"Undead is right. You forgot the dragon part however."

*As if on cue. A small red dragon appears. The flesh and scales rotting. A hole in the side of the undead dragon's throat being the cause of the strange noise it emits.

"These guys are real hard to kill. I guess kill is the wrong word, but you know what I mean."

Tanin
06/07/2000 11:11 AM

*Tanin quickly raises the lance he had been draggin along seeing as
his two companions are evil and can't touch it. He watches as The Hooded One readies his small dagger.*
I must get in front of The Hooded One and Autumn but the tunnel is too small, I can't get by the both.-He thinks to himself

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/07/2000 3:59 PM

*Not wanting to fight the undead dragon. Hooded shapeshifts into a small black mouse. The mouse scuttles behind Tanin and goes into a small hole in the wall.*

"Hurry up and fight him, Coward." A squeeking voice is heard from the ground.

GarthOne-eye
06/07/2000 4:06 PM

Stepping from the shadows where he has been watching Hooded for signs of hostility towards Tanin, Garth mutters a quick spell and a wall of fire appears between them and the undead dragon. "We'd better think of something quick!" he shouts. "That won't hold it for long!"

Garth One-Eye

Kanmeros
06/07/2000 7:15 PM

The undead dragon hisses away from the flames a bit and starts flying on top of them. But before you go any further away, a red man-scorpion blocks the path.

Autumn
06/07/2000 10:57 PM

Eyes the red man-scorpion's long tail-stinger and thinks fast, "We need bate!" turns and smiles down the hole where Hooded is twitching, "Naw...he's too helpful at times."

*quick as lightening she reaches for and wags in the air her jewel-encrusted boomerang boot knife, momentarily catching the man-scorpion's attention. she uses this opportunity to slice off it's stinger with her sword. the creature howls in pain and anguish*

The_Hooded_One
06/08/2000 3:33 AM

*Hooded in his rodent mouse form, runs up the side of the man-scorpion, who tries to shake off the mouse to no avail. The mouse quickly bites into both eyeballs blinding the man-scorpion. An excited squeeking noise is heard as the mouse jumps off the man-scorpion back to the relative safety of the hole in the wall.*

Tanin
06/08/2000 1:47 PM

*Siezing the opportunity The Hooded One created, Tanin grabs the lance and
thrusts it through the man-scorpion. As it falls to the ground, Tanin watches
the dragon leap over the flame. Tanin tries to pull the lance out but it seems stuck.
So Tanin leaves the lance and draws his sword.*
Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/08/2000 6:46 PM

*Still in mouse form, Hooded stands on his hind
two legs. The tiny paws move in complicated
motions and an arcane squeeking noise is heard.
A small rift opens and a giant hand reaches out,
ripping a wing off the dragon and withdrawing
back into the rift. The undead dragon screams
furiously, but is otherwise unaffected.*

Autumn
06/09/2000 4:11 PM

ooc: LOL

Picks Hooded up by his tail and dangles him infront of her face, "Nicely played my good man...er mouse," drops him back to the floor.

*turns and starts hacking away around the lance, trying to free it. finally, the scorpian-man falls apart and the lance is free. she backs away from it and taps Tanin on the shoulder*

"Ehem," sideways nods her head in direction of the lance, then keeps steady eye and sword on the undead dragon.

Tanin
06/09/2000 5:17 PM

*Tanin runs over to the newly-freed lance and picks it up.*
"Thanks Autumn."
*Tanin turns to the dragon who was forced to land from lack of two wings. Tanin raises the lance
and attacks. The first stab from the lance is deflected away by the dragon, momentarily jolting
Tanin's balance. After recovering his balance Tanin strikes again. This time the lance strikes the dragon directly. The dragon
stumbles backward then lets out a terrible roar and swipes with it's tail. Tanin's armor weighs him down so he can't jump high enough and the
tail slams into him. Tanin goes crashing into the opposite wall. Tanin slowly gets up and focuses his vision again. He then watches the dragon
swipe the lance accross the room. Unsheathing his sword, Tanin cautiously moves accross the room. The dragon slashes downward with it's tail and Tanin
barely rolls out of the way. He jumps back up and moves inward on the dragon to try and get into sword range. The dragon slashes with it's huge, clawed hand and
Tanin raises his sword to block it. The hand comes crashing down right onto the blade on Tanin's sword. As the hand is raised back up, Tanin
is lifted up too since he's holding onto his sword which is stuck in the dragon's hand. While rising, Tanin unslings his crossbow from his back with his one free hand and aims at the dragons
eye.*
Better make this shot count. I can't reach anymore darts while suspended in air.-Tanin thinks
*Tanin whispers a quiet prayer to Paladine then fires....*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

GarthOne-eye
06/09/2000 5:52 PM

Drained from the firewall spell, Garth can do nothing but cast a feeble spell of protection around Tanin. A ball of light appears around Tanin, but Garth is afraid that it won't hold long under the devastating attacks of the undead dragon.

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
06/09/2000 8:05 PM

"Damn he's fearless!" she says to herself about Tanin, casting an amused glance at Hooded the Mouse.

"Quickly KNIGHT!" hoping he does more damage so that they can at least escape from this chamber.

Tanin
06/09/2000 8:26 PM

*The small dart zooms off of Tanin's crossbow and flies through the air.
It glistens in the little light there is in the tunnel as it whistles through the air. The dart
finds a home in the undead dragon's left eye. The dragon screeches out in pain and drops Tanin.
Tanin runs over to tha lance and lifts it high above his head. Yelling a Solamnic War Cry, Tanin drives the lance through the dragon's chest and into the far wall.*
Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/10/2000 12:21 AM

*Seeing the dragon pinned to the wall. Hooded shapeshifts back into human form, clothed in his usual hooded cloak. Snapping his fingers, his dagger appears immediately into a tight grip. Hooded throws it at the undead dragon, the dagger hitting the wounded portion of the dragon's neck. Annoying the undead dragon more than hurting it. The undead dragon goes into a beserker rage while still pinned to wall.*

Kanmeros
06/10/2000 1:15 PM

The ubdead dragon let's out a greeinsh vapor out of its jaw, touching the ground, the land rottens and five zombies stand awake, hungry for fresh human flesh. As the zombies see you, the walk onto you without a second thought.

Tanin
06/10/2000 2:15 PM

*Tanin quickly reloads his crossbow and fires at the first zombie's head. The zombie
drops to the ground but the others are too close for crossbow so Tanin runs over to his sword
which is on the ground, having been flung from the dragons hand.*

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

The_Hooded_One
06/10/2000 7:12 PM

*Hooded stabs a zombie in the throat who responds with a vicious backhander to his head. Hooded crawls backwards, trying to clear his head from the pain. Standing up, Hooded picks up a rock, locates the zombie who backhanded him and crashes the rock onto the zombie's skull. The brains ooze onto the floor and the zombie falters and then falls.*

Autumn
06/11/2000 11:42 AM

"Oh icky! Icky! Icky!" lashes out with her sword and chops and slices and chops and slices until a third zombie is nothing more than a mound of oozy rotted flesh and bone.

Kanmeros~Souflame
06/11/2000 4:58 PM

The undead dragon is free and starts circling around as he is no longer under attack. The remining zombies still go against you, their mouths agap.

Kanmeros Soulflame
~*Dragon Scholar of Krynn*~

Kanmeros.com (http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/kansgallery)

Tanin
06/11/2000 6:05 PM

*Tanin watches the dragon circle above but the zombies are a much more
pressing matter. Tanin unleashes a deadly slash at an approaching zombie and watches as it
falls to the ground, decapitated.*
"They just keep coming! What should we do about it?"

Est Solarus Oth Mithas

Jay
06/13/2000 1:01 PM

"I know!" exclaims a female's voice, who seems roughly 18. A silvery glimmer appears about 3 feet above the ground.It turns reddish, then back to silvery. "Gosh! Am I EVER gonna get this right?!" it asks rheotorically. It turns into Jay.She starts to dust off her clothes from the fall. Then she looks at everyone."Let's hope this works..." she says. She chants a few words, and the zombies get bigger. "Ooops, wrong spell." she says blushing. She chants some more words, and the zombies turn into chickens. "That better?" she asks the group.

Tanin
06/13/2000 1:38 PM

*Tanin turns around quickly and raises his sword.*
"Who are you? Where did you come from? What are you doing here? hy are you helping us?"

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Autumn
06/13/2000 4:03 PM

*eyes the girl suspiciously, then her face softens*

"Yes, where you come from?"

*starts to step further down the corridor, eyes on the undead dragon*

"This certainly is exhausting."

Tanin
06/13/2000 7:19 PM

*While awaiting the answer, Tanin suddenly feels the exhaustion, hunger and pain
hit him. He stagers back a few paces then leans against the wall. He then pulls out the rest of the potion
The Hooded One gave him. Swallowing it in one fell swoop, he feels the pain fly out of him.
He sighs in relief but still leans on the wall from exhaustion.*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

GarthOne-eye
06/13/2000 8:37 PM

Momentarily revived of the exaustion brought on by spell casting, Garth eyes the newcomer warily.
"I don't care who she is as long as she's helping not hurting. At the moment I'm more worried about the dragon."
Garth One-Eye

Kanmeros~Souflame
06/14/2000 12:02 AM

The newcomer is abroad the old, the undead dragon charges at full at her, getting attention from her magic.

Kanmeros Soulflame
~*Dragon Scholar of Krynn*~

Kanmeros.com (http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/kansgallery)

The_Hooded_One
06/14/2000 1:41 AM

"Not so fast yall. She looks untrustworthy to me." Hooded says and steps towards the newcomer, his dagger held threateningly.

*Seeing the undead dragon re-new its attack, Hooded forgets about the newcomer and falls into a fighting stance.*

Tanin
06/14/2000 12:39 PM

"SHE LOOKS SUSPICIOUS? WHAT ABOUT YOU!!!!!!"
*Tanin sees the dragon come closer and immediately goes in front of Garth.*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Autumn
06/14/2000 4:27 PM

*waits for the newcomer girl to magic something up to save their arses*

*sees the dragon come closer and immediately goes behind Hooded*

The_Hooded_One
06/15/2000 2:03 AM

*Seeing Autumn dart behind him with elusive speed, Hooded curses to himself but has no time to turn around. Speaking arcane words, Hooded causes a few slabs of rock to fall off the ceiling and land on the undead dragon. Causing a few minor injuries to the dragon.*

Tanin
06/15/2000 1:33 PM

*Tanin covers his head as the rocks fall on the dragon
and around him. While the dragon is distracted, Tanin grabs Garth and pulls
him away from the battle. Tanin then hurries back to the front lines and this time
stands in front of The Hooded One who is undoubtley tired by now.*Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

The_Hooded_One
06/16/2000 5:52 AM

*Hooded leans against a wall lethargically. Still recovering from the spell Hooded grips his dagger, knowing the undead dragon will take a lot to destroy.*

Tanin
06/16/2000 6:29 AM

*Tanin quickly pulls his crossbow off his back and begins
firing darts as fast as he can. The darts whistle through the air, but other
than annoy the dragon, do mostly nothing.*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

The_Hooded_One
06/16/2000 11:12 PM

*Hooded pulls out his throwing stars and hurls them at the dragon. Like Tanin's darts. The throwing stars only seem to irritate the dragon. Turning to Autumn.*

"Are you gonna do something or what?"

Autumn
06/16/2000 11:53 PM

"Huh?" comes out of her daze and looks around groggily, "What's that?" sees a giant mace lying in a corner, "You drop this?" asks Hooded then shrugs and walks casually to a pillar and climbs up it.

*stands on the pillar and starts bashing the undead dragon in the head and back, breaking many bones*

"OH!" looks at the others, "I just remembered! Draco Lich...see, break it's body, man, then it's spirit will vacate and search for another host. Duh!" keeps bashing away at the undead thing, crushing and crunching bones and undead flesh, "BUT, don't you dare die cause it's spirit might use you!"

*keeps bashing and bashing with the mace, and the dragon hollars and screeches and begins to slump*

Tanin
06/17/2000 8:51 AM

*Seizing the opportunity Autumn created, Tanin runs under the dragon to the lance which
lies on the floor across the room. He picks up the lance and thrusts with all his might at the dragon's head.*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

The_Hooded_One
06/17/2000 5:00 PM

*Seeing the undead dragon scream. Not a scream of annoyance, but a scream of fear. Hooded picks up a slab of rock and moves in. Autumn and Tanin's rapid attack hitting vital places on the undead dragon. After a few more crushing blows, the undead dragon's spirit flees its host body, the rotting flesh of the undead dragon slumps to the ground, lifeless and unlifeless.*

"Hoorah." Hooded says with an expressionless voice. "That bastard was damn hard to destroy."

Autumn
06/17/2000 5:55 PM

*jumps up and down*

"We work together like people who work well together!" she grins ignorant of other more clever expressions to convey the same sentiment.

Tanin
06/17/2000 7:57 PM

*Tanin fights the urge to strike Hooded with the lance, and sets it down.*
"Come on. We have no time for celebrations. Let's continue on our path."

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

Kanmeros~Souflame
06/19/2000 1:28 AM

Nothing else can be heard but the sounds of water drops around, the path seems safe enough, and now an exit stands where the undeaddragon once guarded it.

Kanmeros Soulflame
~*Dragon Scholar of Krynn*~

Kanmeros.com (http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/kansgallery)

The_Hooded_One
06/19/2000 2:00 AM

"Hmm, I can't hear anything but water dripping. Look over there everyone, an exit where the dragon was guarding. Let's go."

GarthOne-eye
06/19/2000 6:06 PM

"What about the new person? Aren't we going to find out more about her before we go charging off to our certain doom?"

Garth One-Eye

Autumn
06/20/2000 6:28 AM

Looks around for the newcomer, "Where'd she go?" shrugs and heads thru the passageway toward the sound of dripping water, "Thirsty..."

Tanin
06/20/2000 11:06 AM

"I don't think we should drink the water once we find it. But
I agree that we must continue. Let's go."
*Tanin rushes off through the door*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

Kanmeros~Souflame
06/20/2000 1:20 PM

You come out of the cave's exit and stop. You hear water running fircely down below you, as you go closer, there is a chasm where the water is running from. On the further distance, is a wodden brisge hold togheter by ropes. It doesn't seem safe to cross, but at the end of it , there is yet another entrance that glows like gold from the inside.

Kanmeros Soulflame
~*Dragon Scholar of Krynn*~

Kanmeros.com (http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/kansgallery)

Tanin
06/20/2000 3:49 PM

"Wow. That light sure is nice.Hooded should transform to something lighter and maybe Garth can teleport. Autumn and I will have to cross.
I'll go first."
*Tanin sheathes his sword and slings his crossbow on his back again. He then
throws the lance accross and it lands on the other side with a big clang. Tanin then approaches the bridge*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

The_Hooded_One
06/21/2000 3:24 AM

*Hooded shapeshifts back into a mouse. His clothes and dagger change into fur on the mouses back. Scurrying across the bridge quickly. Hooded in mouse form reaches the other side and runs around in circles squeeking excitedly. Apparently a lot more fun loving in mouse form.*

Autumn
06/21/2000 12:26 PM

"Watch Out!" she yells and follows Tanin's motions and tosses her sword over to the otherside to make herself lighter.

*then, removes her boots and tosses them across as well, then her heavy jacket, then her belt, then a really big and completely worthless ring*

"Hurry along, Tanin!" gets on her hands and knees crawls past Tanin and begins to crawl across the bridge which sags and creeks.

*ropes begin to unravel. she crawls faster*

Tanin
06/21/2000 3:46 PM

"Oh nuts. The bridge is cracking!"
*Tanin decides that there is no point in being carefull since
the bridge is breaking and makes a mad dash for the other side.
On the way he picks up Autumn and keeps running. As he nears the end,
the ropes snap and he makes a desperate jump. He lands with a big clang as his armor
his the ground. He rolls to one side then sets Autumn down.*
"Whew. We made it. Garth! Hurry over!"
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

The_Hooded_One
06/21/2000 3:55 PM

*The small black mouse regards Autumn and Tanin in disgust. The whiskers on the mouse twitch in a close apprximation of a human sneer.*

"That was stupid. Lightening your load and then crossing at the same time. You should've come over one at a time." The mouse squeeks critically and then looks at Garth on the other side.

Tanin
06/21/2000 6:19 PM

*Tanin 'accidentaly' kicks the mouse accross the ground. Then
looks at Garth waiting again.*

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

The_Hooded_One
06/21/2000 6:42 PM

*A high pitched squeek is heard as the mouse flies
into a wall with a soft thud and falls onto the floor.*

Autumn
06/21/2000 7:11 PM

"Well, thank ya Tanin!" collects her things and puts them on, then gazes into the golden light, "Wooooowwwwwwww...."

Tanin
06/21/2000 8:04 PM

"Yeah, don't mention it. We need to hurry. Do you think Garth is
strong enough to get back accross? If not, we're gonna have to think of
some way to get him over here."

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

Tanin
06/26/2000 7:48 PM

*Tanin is waiting for Garth when he feels the earht spin beneath him.
In a flash of lighting, he is carried far away.... very far away. On the way, Tanin blacks
out from the weirdness. When he awakes he finds himself surrounded by gnomes. Oh crap! He thinks to himself.*
~I'm going away for July. Cya then!~

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;

Autumn
07/06/2000 9:13 AM

*waves buh-bye to Tanin*

Bends over and picks Hooded up by his mouse tail and holds him into the lighted tunnel, "So Squeeky, wanna check the joint out, er what?"

The_Hooded_One
07/07/2000 2:05 AM

"Hmm, sounds like a plan." The mouse squeeks and wriggles out of Autumn's hand.

*Hooded shapeshifts back into human guise. Already cloaked and hooded as his human shape takes form.*

"Let us explore thou art, charpy charp, surroundings." Hooded says imitating a silvanesti accent.

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com