[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > Jax's Bar and Grille

Jax
08/01/2000 1:50 AM

The seediest Bar and Grille in town, but also the most rowdiest and cheapest place to buy a drink, a "escort" and get into a great fight mayhaps! How may I serve you maggots?!Jax Redwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

ingrid
08/04/2000 5:40 PM

An uppity elf strides in without a care of the dirty looks and snide remarks.

"Give me a glass of water with a slice of lemon, and do hurry."

Leana_Nightbreeze
08/05/2000 1:32 PM

Rowdy fights? I'm interested.

*Leana Nightbreeze slides into the bar and slaps the counter top.*

Hard dwarven spirits and chicken, make it fast, too, I'm only gonna be here all night.

Jax
08/06/2000 4:57 AM

Jax summons the meal up, nice and hot and fresh, then turns and summons up some drinks for the ladies. "Well hello!" He says, "What brings you fine looking ladies here?" The Jax tips over and falls asleep.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Jax
08/06/2000 4:58 AM

Jax summons up the water with the lemon in it. Then looks at the uppity elf, "Haven't we met?" he says.

Jax leans over the counter and squints to get a better look. The he falls asleep, and tips over.
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Harm
08/06/2000 12:51 PM

Harm gives Jax a swift kick to the bum. "Wake up you old dirty bastard I want a shrimp cocktail and some tea!"

Tanin
08/06/2000 2:49 PM

*strolls into the bar, his armor shinning brightly.*
"Give me your finest ale." he says as he slams some coing on the counter.


Counting Sheep Doesn't Make You Tired,
It Makes You A Shepard!! :-D

Autumn
08/06/2000 3:00 PM

*a blue dragon with glistening scales lands outside and peers thru a window, grinning at the patrons inside*

"Good boy," Autumn pats the dragon as she dismounts and stomps in heavily, her bootheels rattling the pictures on the walls and the glasses on the tables.

The dragonrider slams a bag of coins on the bar and scowls, "A champaign cocktail for me, and a bucket of raw meat for my mount," sits at the bar, removes her gloves, and begins filing her nails into razorlike points.
____________

Autumn

V.P. of the Pandemoneous Rootbeer Popsicklus and Consort to the Man for Chaos Inc.

Jax
08/06/2000 4:10 PM

Jax summons up everyone's beverages and slides them down to them. Jax looks at Harmony and says, "You!! I thought I told you!!" and chases her around the bar with a broom.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Harm
08/06/2000 7:27 PM

Harm stops running, grabs the broom and brings it down over Jax's head. "Told me what?!"

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!

ingrid
08/06/2000 8:57 PM

The uppity elf glares at Jax.

"You don't remember me? I'm not suprprised, judging by your drunken stupor."

She wipes the grime off the glass before taking a sip, then hands him a delicately carved wooden figurine of a falcon.

"Maybe this might refresh your memory."

Jax
08/07/2000 4:15 AM

Jax looks at Harmony and sighs, "Oh, I thought you were someone else. So sit your arse down and swill if you will and stay outta my way!" Jax cuffs Harmony upside the head with a pickled herring.

Jax then looks at the falcom in his hand. "Hmmm, let me think. No, forget it. That would take too long. Refresh my memory, oh holier than thou elf maiden with a nice bum bum!"

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

The_Thorn
08/07/2000 7:15 AM

The Thorn walks slowly up to the seedy looking tavern. Even the most notable of people are sometimes the most ill reputed he thinks to himself. He notices the blue dragon outside, munching on some raw meat.

"Good evening you excellency," the Thorn says in the dragon tongue to the best of his abilities. "Is your rider inside?"

He waits for the response and when the dragon nods slightly the Thorn heads inside. He quickly scans the room to find a seat. He notices a nice one occupied by a yokel in the corner. "Do ask the yokels do," he mutters to himself and he waves his hand as if swatting a fly. The man in the chai becomes airborn as if slapped by a giant hand. He flies across the room, landing on a table near the bar. "Now I have the perfect seat," he says and strolls to the newly vacated chair.

"Barkeep, Honeyfire Wine, and make it snappy," hollers the Thorn.

Jax
08/07/2000 1:29 PM

Jax whips up a Honeyfire Wine and slides it down to the miscreant. "There you be, now, if you're gonna start a fight, take it in the next room. I doin't need you maggots breaking my items in here!!"

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

ingrid
08/07/2000 1:41 PM

The elf glares at Jax in fury at the mention of her hot bum-bum. She rolles her eyes.

"The falcon belongs to your niece. She is never without it. The last time you Waltzed into my sisters life, you filled little Demarise full of thoughts of adventuring and seeing the world. And when you left, she went to seek you out. Now, have you seen her?"

Another seedy human makes a comment about her bum. "The name is Aliesalan, not elf-baby!" and points at the smelly human. A string of fire lashes out from it and sets them humans clothes on fire. She laughed as he screamed, running out of Jax's grille.

Jax
08/07/2000 1:55 PM

"Ah, well you know me Aliesalan, quick to lose my memory faster than that horse you have can run, and no, I haven't seen Demarise and I never promised her the world. I was young and adventurous back then, ever since the injury I took at the hands of your father....Enough! I wish to discuss this no further. No I have not seen Demarise and you can tell my niece that I have not forgotten about her!"

Jax turns and gets a boy out of the back, drags him out by the scruff of his neck, and tells him to tend bar while he goes out back to get some things done. "When I come back, I want to see evryone had paid up, or I sent Hugo out to collect!" Just then a huge creature steps out from the shadows, he is 12 feet tall and is a very, bulky individual, the only weird thing about him is, he has the facial features of an infant. Big powerful arms and legs, yellow-ish skin tone, he crushes a stone to dust in his hands and looks around the bar.

"Hugo will be more than happy to collect for me, and I hope this method will not be needed." Jax turns and walks out back.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Tanin
08/07/2000 5:22 PM

*Tanin gulps down the drink he got (i think). He then turns to Harmony.*
"Hey sis. What's the good word?"


Counting Sheep Doesn't Make You Tired,
It Makes You A Shepard!! :-D

Jax
08/07/2000 5:29 PM

The young boy, seeing Tanin's response, runs out back and grabs Jax. "Yeah, he got his damned drink you festering idiot!!" Jax slaps the boy in the head with such tremendous force, the boy goes cross-eyed.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Harm
08/07/2000 6:04 PM

"Fish are for eating, not cuffing you dirty old man!"

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!

Tanin
08/08/2000 7:42 AM

"Now Jax.. you didn't need to slap the boy. So what if I just
came back from a long and difficult journey and desperately needed something
to drink.....Actually now that I think about it....slap him again."


Counting Sheep Doesn't Make You Tired,
It Makes You A Shepard!! :-D

Jax
08/08/2000 9:46 AM

Jax looks at Tanin, then looks at the boy. "Boy, this is going to hurt you more than it is going to hurt me." Jax then rears back and throws a right cross that sends the boy flying on the floor in back of the bar. "There, now. Care for another drink anyone?"
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Leana_Nightbreeze
08/08/2000 10:42 AM

*After staring closly at Tanin for some time, Leana's eye's widen*

Uh-oh, they're on to me...

ingrid
08/08/2000 11:41 AM

Aliese slams her glass down hard on the countertop to get Jax's attention.

"I remember when you were a Ranger of renown and respect! What happened to you? Just because you and my father had an argument, you run off and leave your wife and child? How honorable is that? And don't tell me that it was a long time ago. I won't accept that excuse."

Aliese looks down at the glass and notices that it had shattered. A trickle of blood ran from her finger and mingled with the water below.

The_Thorn
08/08/2000 11:42 AM

The Thorn watches Jax hit the boy across the room. Nice cross, he thinks, but he would have left himself open for a jab. The Thorn sips his wine with mild interest and watches the bar patrons, including his pupil.

The_Thorn
08/10/2000 9:55 AM

Eventually, the Thorn finds his glass empty. "Another," he shouts at the unruly barkeep, and sits back to see what'll happen next.

Jax
08/10/2000 12:52 PM

Jax pours everyone a drink and tells them to drink up, he's gotta chat with an uppity elven maiden, he'll be right back.
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Jax
08/10/2000 1:01 PM

"Aliese, my dear, it is not honorable. But it had to be done, you were in danger, I was not going to leave them in the way of persons who would've killed you just to get to me. I left before my foes found out where or who you were. If I had stayed, you would of been in grave danger, I couldn't do that. I had to leave.

I had many friends in my days, but also many enemies, such as the men who were hunting me. Of the four hunters, one still remains, I do not know where he is, but I always look out over my shoulder, the other threee I killed in battle. That's where Hugo comes in, I met him while on the battlefield in the mountains while fighting the hunters, after that we became good friends.

You've got to believe me Aliese, I never meant to hurt the both of you, but I cannot risk you're lives until the fourth hunter is dead!" Jax looks at Aliese for some kind of understanding.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/11/2000 1:20 AM

Aestas appears, and slinging an arm over Leana's shoulders, she grins and chuckles.

"The eagle has landed." nudge nudge wink wink.


she then straightens and presses her hands on the bar. bopbop

"i'll just have wine, please," she winks at Jax. maybe that's just a facial twitch, but it happened all the same.

"maybe a little cinnamin." OH MAN

Jax
08/11/2000 1:28 AM

"Here you are, and I'd appreciate keeping your twitches to others besides me, thank you." Jax walks towards the back mumbling something about circus freaks in his bar.
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

The_Thorn
08/11/2000 8:19 AM

The Thorn walks up to Leana and asks his pupil,"Who is your friend?"

Tanin
08/11/2000 1:12 PM

*feels himself begin watched and turns around.*
"Hello. Is there something you would like?"


Counting Sheep Doesn't Make You Tired,
It Makes You A Shepard!! :-D

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/11/2000 9:04 PM

Aestas' eyes flicker to Tanin and lock with his.

"Yes. Can i talk to you for a minute?" she sits beside him, and out of earshot of all the ppl in the bar, says,

"You hold a terrible unjustice for me. Why can you not forgive it? I could not live because of it... are you trying to kill me again?"

ingrid
08/11/2000 10:05 PM

Aliese listens to Jax, but does not make eye contact. Pulling a napkin from the edge of the bar, she pressed on her fresh cut to stop the bleeding. She wished that it would also stop the gash in her heart.

"Yes, Jax. I understand," she whispered and sat very still in her seat. Her eyes momentarily welled up, but she forced another wall up around her emotions and eeked out a small smile. "Your other customers seem restless. Go ahead and tend to them. Oh and by the way, would you happen to have any elven wine? I'm feeling a bit homesick."

Jax
08/12/2000 4:07 AM

"Yes, hold a moment and I will fetch you some." Jax then pours a round for all the customers in his establishment. "This round is on the house, folks!!" He says, proudly.

Jax then turns and pours Aliese a glass of elven wine and hands it to her, "Aliese, please look at me. You both mean the world to me, I want you to know that. Until the fourth hunter is found, I cannot risk your lives. I want you to think of coming here to stay with me, when the last hunter is found and dispatched. I want my family back." Jax looks at Ailese and a tear forms in the corner of his eye. He stares into the elven eyes and thinks back to happier times.

"I would like the best fighter to approach me! I have a quest! Rewards will be negotiated!!" he says, loudly so the tavern patrons can hear him.
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Tanin
08/12/2000 5:03 PM

"I am sorry"
*lowers his head a little*
"It's just...it hurt. I don't hold an injustice to you...I try not to.
I can..."
*looks away, a tear running down his face*
"I cannot forgive something that was not your fault. It was my fault and I should
be apologizing to you. I am sorry."
*chokes on his words a little*
"Please just forget we met."
*gets up and walks quickly over to a dark booth in a dark corner of the inn and silently weeps*


Is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before?

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/12/2000 7:30 PM

Aestas turns her head away, sifting her golden hair through her fingers.

Her round black eyes are soft as she sits beside him. she takes his hand.

"Tanin...i didn't know you cared so much. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault!!"

00C: hehe, something just occured to me- jessamine really was betrothed to some old guy her father picked out- it wasn't something she made up right there!

also, injour and upbral are scrambled words. Someone PLEASE get them unscrambled for me! i can't DO IT.

Tanin
08/12/2000 8:10 PM

OOC Junior and Burlap
*Tanin silently weeps as he takes out his bottle of dwarf spirits.*
"It was my fault. I didn't ask you. I was too rash. I gave my heart to quickly. I'm so sorry."
*turns to a waitress*
"I need a room for the night...please hurry."


Is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before?

Leana_Nightbreeze
08/12/2000 9:11 PM

Master Thorn, this is Aestes, a companion and fellow dark mage.

*Leana stands up at the mentioning of a champion*

I'd be more than happy to assist you in anyway. (I hate seeing couples fight.)

ooc:when you read this, I think the damage will already be done. Please know that I'm sorry and I over-reacted. Who I'm speaking to is none your beeswax.

The_Thorn
08/12/2000 9:23 PM

The Thorn replies to Leana, "it's good to have friends like those." He then returns to his seat to watch a scene that has been written many times throughout history.

ingrid
08/12/2000 10:29 PM

"Well Jax, look no further. I volunteer. As you have seen, my sorcery tutoring has gone well. I am not as helpless as I once was. I have been searching for Demarise for some time now." Aliesalan grins and a small sparkling fire dances on her fingertip. "This is a wee-bity one. I have really big ones that can really hurt too. We could be a team again."


OOC: I will be gone on vacation for the next week. Again Jax, my character is yours (on loan ;) ) I'll see you guys later!

Jax
08/13/2000 2:58 AM

"Then it shall be, Leana, Aliese, and I. I will wish to speak with you both in the back, I have everything we need ready to go, I just need to let you know of what to expect and I also need to get my helper, Griffin to watch the tavern while we are gone, that's if you both wish to still accept this proposal. I also have some last minute things to do as well around here. Yes Aliese, I would like very much for us to be a team again, once more."

With that Jax turns and walks to the back to get the boy and do his last minute chores.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Tanin
08/13/2000 10:51 AM

*Tanin grabs the keys to his room and runs over to it. He throws off his Solamnic armor
revealing a light brown travelling suit. He then flops down on the bed and gazes at the ceiling.*


Is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before?

Leana_Nightbreeze
08/13/2000 7:49 PM

*Leana nods*

I will meet you in the back in few moments then.

*She starts toward Thorn, then stops, turning back to Aestas*

Thorn, is my new master of the new order of silver robes...which I have taken. Please feel free to speak with him about anything you want to...but don't mention the scene I made at that bar...ok?

*Bowing to Thorn*

I will see you in the Arena, master Thorn...

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/13/2000 11:55 PM

Aestas looks at Leana blankly.


Why should i care it doesnt' matter to me.



ooc: this is slothrop's fault. he knows how to do italics and i dont'!

Jax
08/14/2000 2:30 AM

OOC: To do italics or bold print use the with an i to begin and /i to end for italic type and the same but with b and /b for bold print. :)

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

Tanin
08/14/2000 9:31 AM

*Tanin opens his bottle of dwarf spirits and drink it
down as he looks up at the ceiling. After a while, he falls asleep and remebers
just as he falls into the dream world, he forgot to lock the door. Tanin's dreams are
of battles and dragons. He tosses and turns as he battles evil in his mind. The empty
bottle drops to the ground and smashes as he tosses again*


Is it really better to have loved and lost than to have never loved before?

The_Thorn
08/14/2000 12:23 PM

"Be sure to remeber the important events that you see, so that they may be written down later," the Thorn says to Leana. "Farewell on your journey, and I will see you in the arena as well."

The Thron then turns to where the solamnic knight went. He follows him into the private room and sees the shattered bottle on the floor. He slowly sweeps it out of the way with his boot. He places a hand upon the temple of the drunken knight, and extends his fingers. He slowly begins to chant, casting a simple sleep spell so the knight won't have any nightmares. He then tracks down the warriors sword and holds it in his hand. After several moments, purple runes appear along the blade of the sword. They glow intensly and then fade away. "That should do it," mumbles the wizard to himself.

He leaves the room, placing the sword where he found it. It has been sometime now, so the mage orders another drink and sits down at his table.

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/14/2000 4:10 PM

Aestas sits near Thorn and asks him,

"Where do you know him from?"

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/15/2000 10:03 AM

00C :

hello

Leana_Nightbreeze
08/15/2000 10:30 AM

Shhh, he's sleeping.

The_Thorn
08/15/2000 11:12 AM

"Know who, the knight?" ask the Thorn. "I don't know him, but I could tell he was very troubled and I read some into his mind when he was busy getting sloshed. I thought I might help him out. Do you need anything madame?"

Tanin
08/15/2000 12:46 PM

*Tanin opens his eyes slowly and looks around. His head throbing, he gets up and washes his face.
Then he looks at his solamnic armor, but leaves it on the floor. He goes and straps his sword on then goes back into the bar
and sits down at a table. He orders some warm food, then takes out a small dagger, hidden in his boot and runs his hand accross the blade.*


non-flammable is not a challenge.

The_Thorn
08/16/2000 8:06 AM

The Thorn notices the knight return to the world of the awake. He hears him order some food and not liquer and thinks the knight has made a wise choice. Maybe his new path will be easier to tread.

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/16/2000 8:48 AM

Aestas is embarrassed by his question-


"Well, ah, no...i was just concerned for him. Thank you, sir." she goes to her room.

The_Thorn
08/16/2000 10:05 AM

The Thorn watches the young woman go, thinking she must have misinterpreted his question. The young, so brashful.

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/16/2000 10:09 AM

brashful? (she is only 29.....)

The_Thorn
08/16/2000 11:12 AM

That would make her younger then the Thorn

Tanin
08/17/2000 11:20 AM

*watches her leave, sighs, then starts to slowly eat his food*



non-flammable is not a challenge.

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/17/2000 5:01 PM

make sure you eat some broccoli.



good for the soul.

Tanin
08/17/2000 5:36 PM

*picks the broccoli off his plate and sets it aside*
"I don't like broccoli. My soul..heh. I'll eat carrots for it thanks."


non-flammable is not a challenge.

Tanin
08/17/2000 5:38 PM

*picks up a small note in his jacket*
I'm leaving for a while. I don't know when or if I'll be back...


non-flammable is not a challenge.

The_Hooded_Man
08/17/2000 6:01 PM

*appears in the bar suddenly and without warning in a dark corner. He looks around for a moment then appears in front of the bar and asks in a cold voice for a drink.*


The Power Of Terror Is Great,
But The Power Of Courage Is Greater.

The_Thorn
08/18/2000 8:09 AM

The Thorn looks at the newcomer. He can feel something about this new patron but he can't pinpoint what it is. He stares for a long time at the man and then goes back to the seemingly broken knight.

Aestas_Tamwe_Jume
08/18/2000 9:32 AM

"tell him to eat a plum!" - morty seinfeld

The_Hooded_Man
08/18/2000 10:33 AM

*sits in a small booth drinking his wine.*


The Power Of Terror Is Great,
But The Power Of Courage Is Greater.

The_Thorn
08/18/2000 11:26 AM

The Thorn pulls a book out of his robe (Water Elementals: A Controler's Guide) and starts reading.

ingrid
08/21/2000 8:46 AM

OOC: Hi! I'm back. :)

Aliese walks out of the bar and looks for Jax. "Now where did he disappear off to? My goodness. I barely find him after all these years and and I misplace him almost immedately!"

She sits under a nice shade tree and pulls out a small pan flute and begins playing a sweet melancholy melody.

The_Thorn
08/22/2000 10:46 AM

The Thorn hears the beautiful, haunting music coming from outside. He puts away his book and heads outside to see the player. We he reaches the source of the music he pulls a small vial out and says sveral words of magic. The tunes now float over to the vial and start collecting in the bottom of the vial.

Jax
08/22/2000 11:28 AM

Jax hears the melody being played and instantly walks out and says,"Ah, Aliese you are back, I had wondered if you would be back or not? I have decided to go alone on this quest for the fourth hunter, I do not want to put anyone in danger. As well as I must be the only one to face him, for it is I he wants. Alone." Jax motions the young boy to keep the drinks coming, he will be back as soon as possible.

Jax walks over to Aliese...

"I hope you will be here when I return. I hope I can make amends with you and start anew. I must finish what had begun a long time ago. When I return, if i do. Then we shall talk more." Jax looks at Aliese for a few moments then turns and walks out the door, pack in hand weapon in the other. As he turns to look back, Jax gives Hugo a look as if to say, the bar is yours, keep 'em in line......and he is gone.
JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

The_Thorn
08/24/2000 8:35 AM

The Thorn corks the bottle and says, "what an interesting addition." He bows to Aliese who seems distracted anyway and disappears.

The_Hooded_Man
08/24/2000 9:30 AM

*THM blocks out the music and continues eating. He then goes down the hall and finds an empty room and lies down*


The Power Of Terror Is Great,
But The Power Of Courage Is Greater.

ingrid
08/25/2000 4:16 PM

Aliese stares at Jax as he hoofs it into the forrest. 'He's gonna need help,' she thought to herself. 'The hunter is a deadly foe.' She sees Thorn nearby and calls to him, "Are you in the mood for an adventure? I'm following Jax. I have a feeling he may need our help.

Walking back into the bar, she could have sworn she had seen a hooded fellow eating at the grill. She especially wanted to find him for this trek as well, if he was willing to come.

Jax
08/26/2000 10:32 AM

After days of tracking, Jax finally gets to the last spot he slew the three Hunters, now he wanted the fourth. After a moment of listening around, tracking, and looking for any signs, Jax senses something odd in the air.

There is a air of danger, something is not right, there are no birds, no animals in the area. It is a deadly quiet, almost as if something or someone lie in wait.

Then a shriek and a heavy object blindsided Jax, throwing him to the ground and trying to beat him mercilessly, it was the fourth Hunter!!

Jax threw him off and jumped up from the ground, he now had the last piece of the puzzle in front of him, now it was time to complete it. many things ran through his mind, his family, friends, bar and grill, a 67 mustang, and 4 cups of coffee.

The battle was fierce and bloody, the two combatants trading blows left and right with their swords. When finally, the Hunter tried a lunging overhand sweep with his sword, Jax caught him in the stomach with his small boot dagger, ripping a gaping hole in the hunters stomach, ripping and tearing the flesh and organs.

The hunter looked at Jax, Jax looked at the hunter, then spit at him and kicked him to the ground, he was finally free. After all these years, maybe, he could have his life back again....

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

The_Hooded_Man
08/26/2000 12:37 PM

*THM appears behind Jax in the shadows. He gazes out at the battle and watches Jax land the final blow on the hunter. THM hears the approach of those who followed Jax and decides it's best
to leave. He disapears leaving nothing but a Black Lily in his place*


The Power Of Terror Is Great,
But The Power Of Courage Is Greater.

Jax
08/29/2000 3:20 AM

Jax turns wearily and hears the crunching of underbrush but does not see the maker of the footsteps, but does notice the black lily, laying on the ground, he picks it up, and starts to track the person who left the flower.

JaxRedwizards.com (http://www.redwizards.com)

HiddenEvil
08/31/2000 10:30 AM

(OOC i am the Hooded Man with a new name)
*reapears inside the bar in a dark and quiet booth*

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com