[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > DL Legacy: A new beginning

Pages: [1] 2 3
Jorza
02/01/2003 10:26 PM

The sun shone down fully on to the youth’s naked back, playing over the rippling muscles. Muscular, powerful arms lifted the heavy axe easily, and brought it down on the wood. A steady pile was already growing by the ancient chopping block.

Turin Majere was eighteen years old. He was very tall and very strong with a mane of golden hair that skimmed his broad shoulders, and a face as handsome as the gods. He was a replica of his grandfather, Caramon Majere save in one respect- his soul was not plagued by a dark twin.

Throwing the axe to one side, Turin wiped a heavy hand over his sweaty brow and then reaching down for the large pie of wood, lifted the heavy load and began to climb the winding steps that lead to the Inn of the Last Home.

His mother was already awake, dusting of tables and pulling down chairs. She cast him a fond smile as he went to unload his burden at the fire.

“Sit!” she ordered, coming over to brush a kiss on his golden head. “The dwarf has already prepared your breakfast”. Turin grinned. His appetite for food was as strong as his appetite for a good fight.

Clear blue eyes followed his mother as she walked back into the kitchen. She had been proprietress of the inn ever since Caramon’s death. The years had not dispelled her easy grace and unconscious charm. To Turin’s mind, she was still one of the most beautiful women in Solace, and garnered her fair share of attention from the men folk.

Once again, he wondered abut what kind of man his father had been. However, he had learnt from a young age that such thoughts were futile. His mother knew how to keep a secret. She would take that one to the grave with her.

He sat down at the table as instructed and waited for breakfast to be served. He did not have long to wait. Very soon, a large meal was piled on to the groaning table and Turin was tucking in with gusto. His eyes wandered out the window as he ate, and took in the new day.

“Your uncle will be arriving today, do not forget to be here”, his mother reminded sternly. “He wishes to talk to you”. Turin listened with half an ear.

“Yes mother”, he said dutifully. Palin would no doubt have some noble speech prepared about how he should pursue a craft similar to his own. But Turin knew that he would never be a mage. He was born to be a fighter, like his grandfather, and perhaps- his own father.

He had questions. One day he would find the answers, but for the moment, he longed to leave Solace. He was young and like many men of his age, he had a yen to go out and seek his fortune.
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Kalia_Majere
02/02/2003 6:34 AM

OOC: okay...so when is this set? after the WOS? cuz that was when Caramon died... hmm...this could be interesting. I might use Wylin (WindRider) in this....since technically...in a way, Caramon was her Foster-Grandfather. hehe....that is if it's okay with you. Windrider is one of Glimmer's children....a greygem dragon.Man: We're going on a dragon hunt. What should I bring with me?

Mage: Marshmellows??

Jorza
02/02/2003 10:06 AM

OOC: Yes, this does take place some time after WoS. Turin's mother is supposed to be Dezra.

That’s fine with me Kalia. Go for it! Does Turin know Wylin? Or maybe he's just heard of the dragon from his mother.

My next post will be about what takes place when Uncle Palin arrives at the inn, late at night....

p.s. This is a tricky time for dragons...most poeple don't believe that they exist any more. It will be challenging for Glimmer's child.

The knights are in power but they are abusing their power like bad politicians. There is also talk of 'demon cults' rising in the north country but Palin will explain it all better than me!To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Dark_Master
02/02/2003 10:59 AM

OOC: What is the magic to be used...Wild Sorcery, or have (spolier here) the Gods returned and with them Arcane magic?

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

Jorza
02/02/2003 11:07 AM

OOC:

Krynn remains godless, (playing with the time lines here) and predictably, the people have lost faith, and hope. The magic will have to 'wild'- but it has to be powerful enough to fight the occult, so I will let the players have some leeway in their skills.
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Kalia_Majere
02/02/2003 11:44 AM

OOC: I'd say that they don' t know Wylin for what she is, only as a friend of Kalia, who would have been years ago, Dezra's foster sister.

BIC: Following the death of her father, the Black Crystal Dragon, Navare, WindRider decided to return to her Mother's home....the small town of Solace. The war had ended and now no God controlled Krynn (Still don't know how that's gonna work...:P)

Known to her foster family as Wylin, she was a pretty girl, though a little pensive, and very quiet. Clear grey-blue eyes, and long hair the color of dark ash. She wore robes of a steely-grey. Like her mother before her, she had a strong grasp on magics that most humans could only long for. Especially in this dark time.

She ran towards the huge Vallenwood that was the Inn of the Last Home. She could hear Dezra and Turin talking and heard the mention of Palin. She smiled, knowing that next to Caramon, Palin was one of her mother's favorites.

"I'm sorry Turin....I slept too late again...why didn't you wake me??" She complained, finishing the long plait of her hair with a silver ribbon.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/02/2003 3:01 PM

OOC: Do you mind if i join? I was thinking of using Karina again, except since the gods are gone, she is merely a freaky lookin girl. So, technically, she's Turins grandaunt. However, since she's half-god, (Takhisis is her mother, Tanis her father) she dosent age very fast, she's about 40.

BIC:

Karina, her eyes hooded, continued down the well-worn path to Solace. With Takhisis gone and Raistlin very well dead, she only turned back to where she had first met the twins. Solace. (OOC: I"M writing a fic about Karina, if you care to see it when its' done) Without god-given or the strength of a cleric, she had been left only as a freak. But, she reasoned, since Solace was full of freaks, she'd be ok. The trip from Neraka was long and hard, considering the fact that the dying SOlamnic KNights had harrassed her quite a bit. But, she was almost done. The Vallenwoods were in detail to her black orbs of eyes. she took more steps, and there was the sign "Welcome to Solace: City of Vallenwoods." She took the winding steps to the Inn of Last Home, and knocked politely.

"Hello?"

"Who is it?" came a female voice.

"A weary traveler, may i come in?"

There was a noise of footsteps, and she opened the door.

"Hello, Majere." Karina walked in, and sat down at a table, her hood still well over her face.

***

-OOC: You like?

Karina
Princess of Darkness

Jorza
02/02/2003 3:12 PM

OOC: To Kalia: They would be too powerful...They have to be absent for something like this to be able to happen. Let’s see how it goes? ;-)

To Karina: I like! I'm going to make Karina and Palin old adversaries who are forced to band together in this, but not before some cat fighting first- ok?

IC:

Turin turned and smiled at the girl who was staying at the Inn. His teeth flashing white against bronzed skin. She was a friend of Kalia, another one of his numerous aunts- of sorts.

“My mother said not to wake you. She warned me that you had a long journey and needed your sleep, and as always, I obeyed”, he said this with a wink. Everyone who knew her- knew of Dezra’s firm hand.

“Come join us” he invited. “You must be hungry after your long trip”.

He made a careful study of the girl as they ate their meal. She had revealed very little of her story to them but Dezra had warned him to be patient. It was not his best trait.

Palin continued to pace the floor, his mood was grim. The years had been kind to the white mage and he had lost none of his sharp intelligence, though a heart illness a few years back, had robbed him of his vitality.

“I need you, Turin”, he said, looking directly at his nephew, returning to the subject they had been discussing since his arrival. “To be honest I need all the help I can get. This is something new to me, and my magic is gone”. Turin nodded.

“I will help, Uncle. You know I will”. Palin smiled fondly at the youth. He may be young but he was as large as a mountain. A formidable force to be reckoned with. It was a pity that he would be called upon to act so soon.

He had not yet had time to gain any experience, But Palin was confident that his nephew would learn what he needed to know on the way.

“I knew I could rely on you”, he said. Dezra’s face showed her concern. But then she had marked the worry on her brother’s face.

“I suppose…” she was hesitant. “If it is important Palin”.

Palin went to lay a hand on her shoulder.

“It truly is Dez; I would not ask it of him if it were not. I am too old and I cannot”.

They all turned when the stranger came to the door. Turin did not know her but it was obvious that Palin did.

“Hello Majere!” she said. Palin’s face had revealed nothing, but his eyes glittered.

“Karina!” he said. There was no love in his voice.
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

[Edited by Jorza on Sunday, February 2, 2003 3:15 PM]

Kalia_Majere
02/02/2003 7:06 PM

Wylin studied Palin intently, She noted the coolness in his voice as he greeted the stranger.... She lay her utencil back onto the plate and cleared her throat.

"Introduce us, Master Palin." She said softly, her voice had an odd etherial quality to it, mezmerising to listen to.

Benn-Salian
02/03/2003 8:45 AM

OCC: Always need to have a villian, so here's a minotaur. I doubt he might have any connection with the demon cult, but if I could find a reason that it would suit his honor he may be.

BIC: Muthas Thor walked off the his ship that docked in North Keep. His very crew relieved that he was to stay here on land and help govern lands near Haven. The area was rather quiet and was meant to be a reward for his years of service with the Knights of Nereka.

He found this humorsome because he felt that most of the knights were worthless. No amount of courage in some of them. He was known to slaughter men in his own ranks who showed no loyalty or courage for there commander. Perhaps this new assignment was not so much as a reward, but as a last resort to have the old minotaur in a place where he could do less damage. It matter none to the warrior.

It was here that the warrior would create a name for himself, with or without the aid of the knights.

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Jorza
02/03/2003 4:23 PM

OOC:

Karina is a villain by trait as well but (I think) she is going to join forces with Plain, because she has no choice. I was hoping to control the evil force myself. Either I can try to link you into the plot as an associate to the demons of some kind, or you can reconsider and join the ‘companions’ on their journey north.

It’s your call Ben. Let me know, either way…

IC:

Palin eyes were cold as he watched the ‘dark lady’ enter the inn. She was so calm, and confident. It sickened him to think that an ancient enemy could so easily invade his home.

“Her name is Karina,” said Palin. “And her malevolence knows no bounds! We have met before, have we not?”

He did not say it, but the others could sense that there was more to the tale than a simple age-old enmity.

It was almost as if Palin was envious of her. But why? Turin wondered. What was her secret?To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Benn-Salian
02/04/2003 10:05 AM

OOC:
Jorza, If you are giving me the choice, might I just continue the story and, to really get into the character, join with either side that is more benificial to the character. There is a good chance that it will come down to which side is better for his honor.

BIC:
Muthas Thor was escorted to the headquarters of the Knights of Nereka. It was adorned in a rediculous gaudy fashion. Gold and Silver piece replaced everything in the building that had real practical use. Rugs and tapestries were hung everywhere and were in such abundance that some were not visible.

"I want this stuff all in the burning pit!," Muthas instructed, "All tapestries, save the minataur's, Haven's and your own knight's, must go to be burned. The gold and silver shall be broken down and made into coinage. Anything else that is left that has no practical use shall be sold."

"We will begin to collect a much higher rate of taxes from the people. I want the word to go out that there is new rulership and he shall be waging war."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

PrincessOfDarkness
02/04/2003 3:47 PM

Karina is techinacally a "bad guy" however, she's....uhh....very singular, link me into the plot some other way, she's not a demonic type. She's likely to change sides when the battle switches.....she's alot a Raistlin, she craves power, and whoesever gets in the way dies, whichever side. You contrl the real "bad guy"

BIC:
She grinned. "Palin! What a suprise!" it was sarcasm, however. It was obvious she knew Palin was here. "How are the other Majeres? Good, i hope. You must be Dezra, i've heard about you from Raistlin." She ate politely, but declined most of the food. She was a demigodess, after all. "But you," she said, looking a Turin, "You are?"


Palin looked at her with a look of a cold anger.

Kalia_Majere
02/04/2003 7:16 PM

OOC: Just a side note, I do believe that Dezra and the rest of Caramon and Tika's children where born After Raistlins' Demise....

PrincessOfDarkness
02/05/2003 4:41 AM

No offence Kalia, but MUST YOU correct EVERYTHING I DO?!?!

It gets kinda annoying, and for this post i'm CHANGING IT so there!

-Karina
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/05/2003 8:14 AM


No offence Kalia, but MUST YOU correct EVERYTHING I DO?!?!

OOC: I believe she was politely correcting you. You're going to have to understand that when you make mistakes they need to be corrected, they can't be overlooked because they cause problems down the line. People will be understanding with your mistakes, but not any insulting remarks or backtalk. Not insinuating that you used either, just to note.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/05/2003 8:35 AM

OOC: Uh, is there room for a kender in here?Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/05/2003 11:54 AM

Kalia: Sorry i kinda exploded. I just failed a test. and either way, Remember Karina's a demigoddess with no goddess behind her, but Takhisis could of told her, used Raist as an excuse. Palin could comment on that one, Jorza.

Benn: I"m tempted to explode at you too, but i'm not going too, and please stay out of it. I"m actually not trying to be mean this time.

Strea: Sorry if i spelled your name wrong, i think i did. Anway, sure, but i think we have to meet somewhere. You could be related to Tas, or something of that such, i dunno. (techinally every kender is related, so you have to ACTUALLY be related.)

YAY, I'M A VAGABOND NOW!

Ok No more yelling at eachother, on with the RP!

*****

Karina put aside the bowl of soup and got up the table. She politely pushed in her chair, and the rest wondered (minus Palin) how a ex-blackrobe could be so kind.

"If you dont mind, i shall excuse myself for the table?" she left anyway, and quietly walked out the of Inn of the Last Home. There was a soft thud, as if she had leaned against one of the walls. A soft sigh came from outside, and her words carried into the Inn. "Why did you leave me? Paladine may be gone, but you did not have to go." There was a pause. "I dont care about the balance." Pause "Why?" Pause. "I see, well, Palin approaches."

Benn-Salian
02/05/2003 12:14 PM

Muthas Thor eased into his stone chair that sat behind a desk that had several maps and journals laying accross it. "There isn't any way that I'll have enough troops to conquer a gully dwarf hole!" the minotaur exclaimed in great anger.

One of the Knights of Nereka stood in front of his desk watching his commander explode periodically. "Perhaps sir, if you hadn't killed the one thorn knight and sent thg others away," the knight known as Jafter ust Venta replied daring the commander's anger.

"Damned be the Magic users. I have no need but to be rid of them," Muthas retorted.

"We have weapons and armor enough for an army three times what we have," Jafter offered.

"That is slightly promising," the minotaur thought reflectively, "Then it is decided, we shall go through the neighboring towns and force recruitments."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Kalia_Majere
02/05/2003 1:25 PM

OOC: Fine...I'll no longer help Anyone here....I was only commenting on it....no need to hypothetically bite my head off. Never again will I give friendly advice.


BIC: Catching the dark inflections in the woman's voice, Wylin turned her cobalt blue eyes to palin, curious as to what he would do. She still thought it strange that he didn't even acknowledge her presence, He and Mother where always close.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/05/2003 6:43 PM

OOC; Damn, now she hates me, damn. There goes me and my big mouth.

BIC: She quietly put the Orb away, and walked back into the Inn. Finally taking notice of the other two people (seeing Palin for the first time in three years) she grinned and nodded. "Greetings. How goes yourselves?"

Jorza
02/06/2003 9:09 AM

OOC: Sorry folks! me is back! A Kender would be great! Just walk into the inn and say Hi!

BIC:

Turin watched the firewlaks with a quiet smile. Atleast it could be said that Palin was never boring!

Palin himself was eyeing the two women, one with suspicion and one with fondness.

Dezra skirted between them all, handing out food and drink, doing her best to soothe the situation.

'We have a problem and we need to work together on this' he said. He turned to the girl. 'I remember you' he said. 'Kalia talked of you'.

His eyes were dark when they looked at te dark lady. 'You will respect the rules on my father's house' he said. 'I may be weak but I am not without some power' he said. To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/06/2003 12:24 PM

OOC: S'ok Jorza!

BIC~

Karina gave a small laugh. "I didnt intend mess up your house. Considering the fact it took two generations to get a fighter without a mage twin, i dont think i would like to lose that. After all, Raistlin did take some life out of Caramon, did he not?"

Straea
02/07/2003 8:52 AM

A small childlike figure entered Solace, a smile as bright as her clothing upon her face. Many people gave this person a wide berth, and clutched their belongings when they saw her. Talia Burrfoot did not mind, and ignored them all. She was finally here, and that was good enough for her.
She rearranged her various pouches and dusted off her purple leggings. Her lime green blouse and red and blue striped vest were fine. She patted her head once, just to make sure her topknot was in place, and continued on her way. She wandered around, looking at everything her eyes could take in, as she slowly but surely made her way to the Inn of the Last Home.
The same place her Uncle Tas used to eat at years ago. She stopped just outside the Inn and looked up. Yes, this was the place.
She made her way inside and stopped in the doorway. She seemed to have stumbled in on a fight or something, because the people there were very tense. She shrugged, and went over to a table. She wanted something to eat, and also wanted to see if she could get anyone out of trouble, so she found herself a nice table not too far from where everyone else was, and waited for the excitement to commence.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Dark_Master
02/07/2003 11:19 AM

Silver wings sliced through fluffy white clouds, keen silvery/grey eyes roamed the lands below, searching. Nostrils flared as the creature banked to the left, lowering in lazy circles until finally landing on two booted feet, knees bending slightly. She stretched her wings slightly, and then folded them close to her-self, slashing the slender, long, muscular tail aswell. Elena Silver-Born.......half dragon, half elf.

Dusting herself off, and shaking the mass of silver hair that fell to her waist, she turned and gazed upon Solace. Elena was often known as the Silver-Sorceress....her powers had faded little with the departure of the gods, her dragon half sustaining the power with its innate gift of the arcane.

Her appearence would startle the town no doubt, and so her arms rose above her head. If a flash of white light, the wings and tail vanished,she was dressed in a silver robe, benotting the fact she was a sorceress. Making her way into the town, the Inn was the most logical placce for her to head.

OOC Hope that was ok Jorza, it was rushed.



On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/07/2003 3:00 PM

Karina noticed the kender out of the corner of her eye. SHe turned around, and raised an eyebrow. "Hello, kender. You look familiar...much like Burrfoot, as Raistlin would once say. His nasty gruff sarcastic voice 'always taking my components.' 'i had to but something else inthere' 'stupid kender'. Always, ranting about Burrfoot, and his brother, and Tanis, and, god, when he talks, he dosent shut up."

Jorza
02/07/2003 3:14 PM

OOC: OK? It was perfect DM! Welcome aboard!

OOC2: Muthas- sorry, but the answer is no. I’d like to stick to my original plot. Thanks for the email. J.

BIC:

“SILENCE!” Palin roared. He eyed the dark woman and shook his head. “I came here to speak to my nephew and you arrive!

I doubt your loyalty…as for the kender, she is not bothering anyone so let her be”. Palin turned to his nephew, his eyes hard.

Turin nodded. He understood what he had to do.

“I will leave first thing in the morning, Uncle,” he said. Dezra stood up too.

“It is the right thing to do”. So saying, Turin hugged his uncle and mother, and then went outside. The inn was becoming a little too claustrophobic for him.

“He is so young,” Dezra said sadly, watching her strong young son as he stood under the night sky, his tall frame gilded in moonlight. “I am so afraid for him”.

So am I, thought Palin, but the white mage said nothing.

Standing outside, breathing in the night air, he was lost in thought. When he turned to enter the inn and saw the silver haired woman, he thought it a dream.

His smile was instant and charming. Some things were hereditary. The sad expression made way for a face lit with new interest- of a different kind. Just as Dezra was well appreciated by the men-folk of the town, Turin was well appreciated by its female population, for similar reasons.

Blood will always tell in the end.

“Good evening” said Turin.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

[Edited by Jorza on Friday, February 7, 2003 3:17 PM]

Kalia_Majere
02/07/2003 4:02 PM

Wylin sighed and took a deep breath....and sat up a little straighter..... She took another deep breath, testing the air..... She stood and bowed slight at the waist to Palin, gave the woman Karina a wary glance, then walked outside.

She noted that Turin was already near the bottom of the winding stairs, and Wylin's blue eyes locked onto the silver haired woman that was with him. She breathed in deeply again....and her gaze became sharper....the scent. "Silvart Draconis......yet...something else..." She murmered softly, her own silver hair gleaming in the light from the silver moon.

Jorza
02/07/2003 4:12 PM

Lucky Turin! He thought. Now there are two! His grin grew until he saw that both women were keeping silent for the longest time. Like any male the world over, he prepared to run for cover.

Turin turned as Wylin approached nearer. He caught the sharpness in her eyes. He turned back to the newcomer. It was then that he realized his mistake. They were not staring at each other for ‘that’ reason. They were ignoring him. They were fascinated with each other.

Awed…?

“Sisters?” he wondered. They seemed to share a bond of some kind. He had not realized that he had spoken the thought aloud until his strong voice broke the eerie silence.
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Kalia_Majere
02/07/2003 4:28 PM

Wylin tore her gaze away from the woman...and looked to Turin. "No...I have four other brothers, and three sisters....the eldest has bright silver hair and gold eyes, the sister closest to me, is shorter than I, and her eyes are a steel blue....and the youngest, well she's...dark...hair, and eyes....." she trailed off and refrained from mentioning dark spirited as well.

"this woman is not blood related to me..." She moved past Turin, giving him a quick charming smile. "Greetings...what brings you here?" She murmered something softly after that...something Turin Couldn't hear.

Silvart Draconis? She crossed her arms, waiting for the stranger to reply.

Jorza
02/07/2003 5:29 PM

BACK IN THE INN:

“What now?” asked Dezra of Palin. The white mage studied the kender and then Karina. He knew what he had to say and resented it.

“It would be best if Turin were to take that abomination with him. She is amoral but she can be of use to him”. Dezra studied the woman and tried to understand why her brother hated her so.

“What lies between you two?” she asked.

“Enmity” Palin replied. Dez smiled. That mush was clear.

“Why?” she asked. Palin’s eye clouded.

“She is Tanis’s daughter, or she claims to be. We will never know the truth”. Dezra’s eyes widened. She lay a hand on her brother’s sleeve and tried to make him listen.

“If she carries the blood of Tanis half-elven, she is not without hope”. Dezra’s face was insistent. “Talk to her Palin. She belongs here as much as us. We are all a part of that ancient legacy, when the first fellowship met in this very inn. We are all the scions of that legacy. We are all here to do what we can for the future.

Think of Uncle Raistlin- they had doubts about him too, at first. But Karina has no twin to soften the blow. Gilthas and Laurana will never claim her as their own. They are Elves and proud. We may be all she has left.

Perhaps that is why she is here? So that she may find that which she seeks. Perhaps she will aid Turin more than you think”. Palin’s face was doubtful.

“I think she will cause nothing but harm!”, he said.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Dark_Master
02/08/2003 12:03 AM

Elena brought her eyes up to meet Wylin....the odd scent caught her senses...."Greetings to you also friend...what brings me here? Why Solace. Such an notable town and I have never graced its soil nor walked its trees. Simple things in life add up in the end...", she glanced to Turin and bowed her head slowly in recognition of his presence and then turned back Wylin. Her eyes narrowed slightly. "You....are....strange my Lady. Forgive my abrutness, but their is something different.....", she shook her head. "Perhaps i am just fogged in the mind...it happens sometimes..."

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

Kalia_Majere
02/08/2003 6:12 AM

OOC: The Italics, Silvart Draconis was meant for Elena to hear....oh well..hehe


BIC: "As are you....Silvart..." She said the word clearly. "I am...what would be known as Canus Crystallus...Draconis...." She looked back fuitivly, wondering if Turin understood the old words.

(Canus=Grey Crystallus=crystal Draconis=Duh??)

Straea
02/08/2003 7:50 AM

Talia jumped up from her seat. Everything had happened so fast that she didn't even get the chance for a proper introduction. Well, better late then never she supposed. She walked up to the man in white robes and stuck out her hand.
"Hi! I'm Talia Burrfoot, neice of Tasslehoff Burrfoot," she said, a smile on her face. "You must be Palin Majere...my Uncle Tas told me about you."
She didn't wait for his reply, but simply turned around and scampered off outside to find the woman who first took note of her.
She didn't have to look long. She saw the woman with some of the other people that were in the Inn. Talia patted her topknot for the second time since entering Solace, and went over to make her introductions.
She tugged on the woman's sleeve, trying to get her attention. She wanted to know how she knew Raistlin, Uncle Tas' close friend.
"Hullo, my name is Talia Burrfoot. Who might you be?"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
02/08/2003 8:20 AM

Turin’s face mirrored his puzzlement. He was not a scholar, and did not recognize the old words. He remembered them though. He would later ask his Uncle Palin what Wylin had said. He was sure that the precious few words would help him to solve the mystery of who Wylin truly was.

He noted the kender running outside and smiled at the way the young girl tugged on Wylin’s sleeve in an excited manner. Kender’s were the same the world over. Notorious thieves but hard to be angry with for long. He smiled at the kender, nodded back to the silver apparition and then turned away from the inn altogether.

He had some thinking to do, and he felt that it was done best alone. Turin’s gaze ran out over his beloved town, which had been his home for so many years, and then found his feet leading him down the familiar cobbled streets and ancient alleyways. He was saying good-bye to the town he loved. It would be for the first time in his life; but not the last.

He was easily recognized. Many people raised their hand to him, and Turin smiled and waved back. Caramon had made his mark on this town, and Turin was easily recognized as his grandson, both in his appearance and his manner.

So similar were they, except in one respect. A dark shadow had never plagued Turin. His life had been easy in comparison, and therefore, he was as a result, more naïve than Caramon- more wholly open to outsiders and that, Palin had recognized early on, could be his downfall.

However, such could only be learnt through bitter experience.

His silent vigil and brooding memories brought him to the lakeshore. Crystalmere glistened in the moonlight.

Inside his great chest, his heart was beating fast, racing ahead in anticipation. Turin realized that he was finally going to be able to experience that which he had always craved. An adventure of his own. A smile filled his face as he looked upon the lapping waves and his mind raced ahead to the morning.

He was already making plans. He would rise early and set out before sunrise. That way he would not have to say good-bye to his mother. He felt a pang at the inevitable parting. He sighed and then turned back to the inn. His stomach was already hungry for dinner.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Kalia_Majere
02/08/2003 10:16 AM

Wylin turned her gaze to the Kender. "Well hello there Talia...I am Wylin, a family friend of the Majere's." She looked back towards Turin, noted his gaze towards the Lake...the lake her mother had been named for....and lowered her gaze...missing her terribly....Glimmer had fallen in such a dispair when Navare died....one Wylin was afraid that she would never recover from.

"my mother was named for that lake....She spoke fondly of all of you...." She murmered softly. "Were you go Turin...I will be with you..." She added as he turned to go inside.

Dark_Master
02/08/2003 10:49 AM

Elena stiffend slightly. Her eyes narrowing slightly. You be a dragon? Yes...i could scent you....i thought it was an odd smell for a human.....and yes I am Silver. To be more percise, half silver, half elven., the words flowed from her mind in dragon speak. "I did not think i would cross one such as yourself my Lady....it is indeed an honour.", Elena bowed her head again, this time with more reverence.

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

Kalia_Majere
02/08/2003 11:19 AM

"Interesting, I am Wylin Majere...I have taken my mother's foster name....Though I am not blood related to them, I am proud to be able to be considered one of them." She said softly, her blue eyes glistened with tears again as she thought of her mother.

"Please, come inside...you are welcome on my behalf..." She smiled, and wiped away the sudden tears, and gestured to the Inn Door.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/09/2003 6:35 AM

Karina looked at the kender and her her head. "Raistlin was very dear to me, however how annoying he got." she chuckled again. "Palin, by the way, I am of Tanis's blood, my other side.......is somethign you do not wish to know about. I think we have enough against eachother as it is, hmm?"

Glancing at the otne called Wylin, she looked at the girl and smiled. "Greetings Wylin. I am Karina Half-Elven Majere. I come to you in the name of the departed Dark Queen."

Noticing all of the shocked looks, she felt the need to explain further. "I am Raistlin's widow, my friends. Maybe if you are lucky you will meet Xreona, our child. Or maybe if you are unlucky."

Straea
02/09/2003 8:49 AM

Talia had remained unusually quiet during the introductions. Now, she had more questions to ask. She decided to stay with this group of strange people, especially since one of them claimed to be Raistlin's widow. After all, Raistlin got into just as much trouble as the rest of the Companions. At least, that's what her Uncle Tas used to tell her.
She looked up at the half-elf, and was struck by her appearance. She didn't look elvish at all, except for the eyes and ears. But other than that she was a human. Maybe she wasn't a half-elf...maybe she was a giant kender instead.
"Karina, my Uncle Tas never made mention of Raistlin being married. He always said that Raistlin never loved anyone except for himself. And you can't be a half-elf, because Tanis had only one child, and you really don't look like a half-elf anyway, more like an extremely overgrown kender." Talia paused to take a breath, and stopped, noticing everyone staring at her. "What did I do wrong?"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
02/09/2003 9:51 AM

OOC: *LAUGH* I think we just took that left turn at Alberkurky here folks...I don't know about you, but I'm certainly lost! In the words of the great Homer: DOH! (Simpson that is, and not the dead greek guy).

BIC:

Palin looked at the people gathered in the common room in the Inn of the Last Home. Each of them different. Each with his/her own special gift and skill which would either enhance or destry the group. Only time would tell.

"And so it begins anew" he said. He lowered his eyes. "Let the legacy of the Dragonlance continue".To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/09/2003 4:24 PM


"Karina, my Uncle Tas never made mention of Raistlin being married. He always said that Raistlin never loved anyone except for himself. And you can't be a half-elf, because Tanis had only one child, and you really don't look like a half-elf anyway, more like an extremely overgrown kender." Talia paused to take a breath, and stopped, noticing everyone staring at her. "What did I do wrong?"


"Talia." Karina explained, "I"m only a quarter elven. I"M a quarter human, and the other half i dont care to explain. As for Raistlin, well, let's just say it wasnt a relationship out of love. More of a bethrotal. Besides," she pulled down her hood at got the usual gasps. "Tanis didnt have solid black eyes, or black lips, did he? And besides, Tanis would never admit to bedding my mother. And i have no kender blood."

She turned to Palin and gave him an ugly smirk. "Well now, we have a kender, a evil mage, a good mage, and three humans. We are missing the barbarians."

Kalia_Majere
02/09/2003 4:32 PM

Wylin turned to the conversation again, her cobalt eyes bright with interest. "I think we are all that where meant to be here...." She said softly, the look in her eyes warned Palin against a retort. "what is the reason why we are here Uncle?" She asked Palin. Her hand moved as if to grasp something...but she flushed and realized that she hadn't brought it back into this plane of existance yet.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/09/2003 4:40 PM

"Ah. I see. Well, Palin, the girl has a point. What do you know," She sneered, knowing this wasnt just conscience, "About all of use being here at the same time?"

The_Thorn
02/10/2003 1:47 AM

The black cloaked figure wlked into the inn and headed straight for Palin. "Here, this is yours," said the voice, reaching a green hand up and offering the Time Traveling device to the mage. "I'll be borrowing it some time in the future, you'll understand after Tas gives it to you."

An untimely draft wafted through the open door at that point blowing the hood of the cloak down, revealing a goblin. "I'm Wart, I'll be going with you, and believe me, I'm not going to die.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Benn-Salian
02/10/2003 6:43 AM

Begining his expedition for new recruirts, Muthas Thor was startled at the fact that his messenger, a large Sivak draconian named Gwalmar, had returned before the minotaur had departed. "What do you want?" the minotaur growled.

After a bow of respect, "I have found a kender, an evil mage, a good mage, and three humans; all promising. All kin of the Heroes of the Lance. All in Solace" the large Sivak explaimed.

A grin washed over the face of the minotaur, "Yes," he replied after some thought, "this will be promising. We march towards Solace immediately, they will become the base of my new recruit army."

"What if they oppose?" Gwalmar questioned.

"No one opposes a minotaur for more than the time it takes their body to hit the ground."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/10/2003 8:08 AM

Talia saw the naturally black lips and black eyes, and wanted to get a closer look, when a goblin came in and handed the tall one known as Palin a strange looking object. She knew what it was, even before he said anything. Uncle Tas had shown it to her before. She ran up to Palin and tugged on his robe.
"You know what that does right? Have you ever used it before? Will we use it now?" She looked up at him hopefully. This already interesting adventure was about to get even more interesting.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
02/10/2003 9:50 AM

OOC1: Muthas better kick his ass back in line or else he’s going to have a very angry Jorza on his hands. I thought we talked about this already Mr. Minotaur…???

OOC2: Welcome to the newcomers!

IC: Plain looked at the device in his hand and a slow smile curved his lips in appreciation. It had been a nice touch. He raised glinting eyes to the newly arrived Wart.

“Interesting”…To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/10/2003 11:57 AM

"The Device of Time Journeying..." She glanced at it, "Amazing......I cannot believe that it has fallen into the Lance Heroes' hands AGAIN? Ok, the gods ARE here! Wait a moment." She glanced at each one of them in turn. "Wylin..Turin...Palin...Dezra... myself....five Majeres, a Burrfoot, two unknowns, and a Goblin. The Nine Heroes, again? Well, all we need is run to go on the bad side."

She sneered again, and it was very ugly considering the fact her lips were gray. "Fungus? Ooh wait, your name is Wart?"

PrincessOfDarkness
02/10/2003 11:57 AM

"The Device of Time Journeying..." She glanced at it, "Amazing......I cannot believe that it has fallen into the Lance Heroes' hands AGAIN? Ok, the gods ARE here! Wait a moment." She glanced at each one of them in turn. "Wylin..Turin...Palin...Dezra... myself....five Majeres, a Burrfoot, two unknowns, and a Goblin. The Nine Heroes, again? Well, all we need is run to go on the bad side."

She sneered again, and it was very ugly considering the fact her lips were gray. "Fungus? Ooh wait, your name is Wart?"

PrincessOfDarkness
02/10/2003 11:58 AM

"The Device of Time Journeying..." She glanced at it, "Amazing......I cannot believe that it has fallen into the Lance Heroes' hands AGAIN? Ok, the gods ARE here! Wait a moment." She glanced at each one of them in turn. "Wylin..Turin...Palin...Dezra... myself....five Majeres, a Burrfoot, two unknowns, and a Goblin. The Nine Heroes, again? Well, all we need is run to go on the bad side."

She sneered again, and it was very ugly considering the fact her lips were gray. "Fungus? Ooh wait, your name is Wart?"

PrincessOfDarkness
02/10/2003 11:58 AM

"The Device of Time Journeying..." She glanced at it, "Amazing......I cannot believe that it has fallen into the Lance Heroes' hands AGAIN? Ok, the gods ARE here! Wait a moment." She glanced at each one of them in turn. "Wylin..Turin...Palin...Dezra... myself....five Majeres, a Burrfoot, two unknowns, and a Goblin. The Nine Heroes, again? Well, all we need is run to go on the bad side."

She sneered again, and it was very ugly considering the fact her lips were gray. "Fungus? Ooh wait, your name is Wart?"

Kalia_Majere
02/10/2003 1:47 PM

OOC: THORN!!!!! *HUGS* welcome back man :p

BIC: Wylin looked to the newcomer, then her eyes locked onto the device in Palin's hand. "Well....this could be fun after all." She said, smiling.

Benn-Salian
02/10/2003 3:40 PM

OOC: Jorza, I appologize if I have done something wrong. But if I may say you have been extremely vague about everything. I asked if the minotaur could be (in the future) on his own in a third party sense. You said no to that, but you did not say what he should do. I have only sought to connect to your thread. If you must, to protect your thread (which is understandable), tell me what you want me to do.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

PrincessOfDarkness
02/10/2003 6:21 PM

OOC: So that's why they tell you not to click the mouse 20 times..

BIC~

"Naturally." she said, her eyes still locked on the Device. "Everything is fun when you travel time."

Dark_Master
02/11/2003 1:13 AM

Elena's eyes locked on the device. She had heard of it of course, but never dreamed that her eyes would ever grace upon it. Here was an object of legend, of hope.....and death. Her silver gaze rested on Wylin.....I mean not to interupt, but perhaps you could fill me in somewhat....I seem to be at a loss....

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

Jorza
02/11/2003 7:18 AM

OOC: You're not the only one at a loss! *laugh* Muthas, we'll figure something out: if you ahve to take the heroe's captive then so be it; but they'll just have to escape from your grasp at a later date and make their way north, maybe taking you prsoner. If anyone esle has a better idea- I'd love to hear it.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/11/2003 8:04 AM

Jorza comes to the recue again! DUM DE DUM! *trumpets*

I was thinkin bout maybe Muthas maybe could havea spy in the group, Wart, or some newcomer. That way, we could do the Shadow SOrcerer 'hahah, your plans fall into my hands.' type thing

Benn-Salian
02/11/2003 11:30 AM

I personally like the idea of the minotaur being taken hostage. How the heck do you accomplish that though? Wave a red banner on the back of your wagon? It's worth a try.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Jorza
02/11/2003 11:44 AM

OOC: Our hearts are in the right place; let us see where they take us!

BIC: Palin looked up to Turin.

“This may help to shorten the traveling time. I know hoe to use it but a part of me is niggled with doubt. Tas was built to cope with the twists and turns that meeting different people at different time scales brought up. I ma not sure If the human mind will. On the other hand- time is a weapon to be used when at hand”.

“I am willing to take the risk uncle,” said Turin. Plain turned to the others. To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/11/2003 5:26 PM

"after all, we can change the future by meddling with the past." She said this with a malicious glint in her eyes, that (once again) made her look evil. "I cannot use the device. It was created by the Gods of Light, and was created so it cannot be used by me."

(Sorry, Kalia, i I just have to say one thing)

"But even evil people can use good devices...."

"the Queen could not use anything created by Valiant Warrior. Hence i cannot either."

I hope i have not given away my heritage, She thought, that would be fatal...or rather very bad.

Kalia_Majere
02/11/2003 6:49 PM

OOC: Could proove to be interesting actually... if your char is a child of the Dark Queen, She and Wylin would be related, scince Wylin's father, the Black Crystal Dragon Navare, was the Scion of the Dark Queen, the last of her original Children. Just as GLimmer is Paladine's scion...the last of his children.

BIC: Wylin's eyes narrowed for just a moment....her eyes locked on the dark lady....then she looked away, unsure, not trusting herself to speak.

Straea
02/11/2003 8:23 PM

Talia looked up a Palin, a grin on her face. Uncle Tas kept getting brought up in every conversation she was ever a part of. Plus she knew a secret they didn't...but best not to tell them that now.
"It's a good thing I'm here, cuz your going to need me! I'm afraid of nothing, and people love me!"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

The_Thorn
02/11/2003 8:54 PM

"I hate to inform you of this but you cant change things. I know what's going to happen and you won't. Otherwise do you think I would have brought this back," said Wart, waving a hand at the device. "Even if you could change things, don't you think that would affect me getting the device in the first place?""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Nagazaki
02/12/2003 1:02 AM

could you help me I dont know how to gain hp and mp!
Can you hear me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nagazaki
02/12/2003 1:05 AM

My dick is itchy ! can you scratch it .. I know you'll like it!
my balls are moving around! I think I have something in my ass! could you pick it out?!

Benn-Salian
02/12/2003 8:30 AM

Stumbling upon a little pervert boy somewhere outside of Solace, Muthas was none too pleased when the small child known as Nagazaki looked at him. "By Sargonnas, himself," the minotaur replied as he brought his sword down upon the childs' head claiming his life, "all is made right by his blood."

"Rather pleasent," commented Gwalmar, the minotaur's personal sivak draconian.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/12/2003 9:15 AM

OOC: Nicely done Benn
BIC: Talia shook her head. Obviously the goblin didn't know about kenders. Time to let him know a thing or two.
"Excuse me, but we actually can change things...I'm here."Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/13/2003 3:36 AM

OOC: *nods in agreement*

"I told you so." She said, looking at the goblin. "Since kender are one of teh graygem races, they were not created with the original flow of time, hence they can change it. Myself, an elf, ....or an ir," She stopped, realizing that mages did not know about the Irda, "ogre, could not. But Talia can."

Kalia_Majere
02/13/2003 4:01 AM

Wylin gave a start, and looked at Palin in alarm. "Uncle....what about me....this was not considered with me along...I am as out of place as the Kender...." She said softly, her cobalt blue eyes showed her worry. Palin was the only one here besides the Silvart/elf hybrid who knew what she was. A dragon with no place in Krynn but to help restore the balance.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/13/2003 4:04 AM

Karina looked at Wylin. There was something odd about her, but she couldnt exactly put her finger on it. Oh well, she thought to herself, it dosent matter.

"You are an elf, Wylin. Unless my eyes decieve me. Elves were created with the flow of time, hence you can move back and forth without screwing it up. Unless i'm missing something?"

Jorza
02/13/2003 9:38 AM

“It is not time itself we plan to cross but distance, and that time we would have wasted had we spent it in slow travel” explained Palin very carefully. “I have no intention of changing the past, but I do intend to ensure that our future is safe for our children”.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Benn-Salian
02/13/2003 10:38 AM

Stumbling upon a large inn, Loud voices rose in the air. Gwalmar began to speak, but Muthas Thor cupped his hand over the draconian's mouth. "We shall learn nothing more about these tribulations lest we keep our position quiet," the minotaur explained.

"Oh, right, can't go around shooting off my mouth, can I?" Gwalmar acknowledged. At that moment the large Sivak draconian dropped his sword trying to listen to the companions inside the inn. "Ow!" he screached.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/13/2003 1:18 PM

"Everyone, be quiet!" Talia went to the door, and started to open the door slowly. "I thought I heard something out here." She motioned for someone to back her up, just in case. "HERE I COME WHOEVER YOU ARE!" she shouted as she threw the door open.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Kalia_Majere
02/13/2003 2:02 PM

Wylin was about to reply to Karina, but her sensitive hearing also heard the sound. Wylin spoke a single word, the language unknown to all but one other there, and a grayish-silver light flashed, and a staff appeared in her hand.

It was, for all intents and porposes, Identical to the Staff that Palin once held years ago....one that Archmage Raistlin Majere carried....The Staff of Magius...but for one thing....it was made of shimmering crystal. black crystal staff, the citrine dragon's claw, and the clear crystal orb on the top. It glowed with a brilliant light as she held it in her hand....

It was the staff once weilded by Kalia Majere, Wylin's mother.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/14/2003 8:17 AM



It was, for all intents and porposes, Identical to the Staff that Palin once held years ago....one that Archmage Raistlin Majere carried....The Staff of Magius...but for one thing....it was made of shimmering crystal. black crystal staff, the citrine dragon's claw, and the clear crystal orb on the top. It glowed with a brilliant light as she held it in her hand....


"The Staff of Magius...or something like it!" She snarled. "It's rumored that the Staff has a twin! Where did you find it, elf! I've been surching for that for years! Fork it, Wylin!"

She was about to forcibly wrestle the elf for the staff when Talia screamed. Snarling at Wylin, she grabbed a dark-imbued dagger, pulled her hood over her eyes, she turned at the door.

"In the name of the departed Dark Queen, show yourself!"

~OOC~
No, their are not rumors about it, that's just an excuse for things that Takhisis has told her, that's what the orb does. Dont worry guys, i'll try not to make her "all-knowing" after all, there things that the gods dont know....

Kalia_Majere
02/14/2003 1:16 PM

Wylin nearly snarled herself....extreemly possesive of the crystal staff. "This was the staff of my mother, I'll hand it over to no one." She growled softly, the blue of her eyes intensifying a breif moment, and she turned to the door again.

"We have no time for this." She muttered a word, and was gone.... She reappeared just outside the door, her ability to move through space was limited. She leveled the staff to the Sivak, her Cobalt eyes dark with mistrust.

She looked to the pair, the crystal staff in her hand glowing with an intense power. "Who are you? Why are you sneeking around my home?" She asked, her silver robes rustled by an unseen wind.

Benn-Salian
02/14/2003 2:36 PM

"Crap! sorry master," Gwalmar replied darting behind the minotaur.

Muthas Thor stepped up, "I am Muthas Thor, leader of the Dark Army and I am looking for the decendants of the Heroes of the Lance. Might you find them for me." he replied looking directly at the young woman.

"Hand them to me, so that I might make them an offer."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Kalia_Majere
02/14/2003 2:41 PM

Wylins eyes narrowed. "An offer? of what?" She said the words softly, yet there was an edge to her voice sharper than steel.

Uncle Palin...I think you should come out here....I don't wish to reveal myself... She sent mentally to Palin, her voice unhurried, yet with a touch of worry.


[Edited by Kalia_Majere on Friday, February 14, 2003 2:43 PM]

Benn-Salian
02/14/2003 2:46 PM

Muthas frowned, "That is an offer between them and I," he snapped.

"You may go get them if you please."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/14/2003 2:49 PM

Talia witnessed Wylin's sudden appearance behind the minotaur and draconian. She had heard stories about the strange lizard men, but had never seen one. Boy, was she ever going to have lots of stories to tell when and if she ever got home.
She walked outside, and approached the minotaur. She'd heard stories about theses beasts before too. Apparently they were supposed to be fierce warriors, but this guy didn't look too bad. She stuck her hand out.
"Hi, I'm Talia, descendant of the great one and only Tasslehoff Burrfoot. What's your name again?"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Benn-Salian
02/14/2003 2:55 PM

"Burrfoot! See Master!" Gwalmar replied happily.

"Everyother kender is named Burrfoot, you dolt! If you had me come here for just her I mill have your head," replied Muthas angerlysigned:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/14/2003 3:03 PM

Talia frowned in confusion. She didn't like it when people tried to dismiss her as nothing. Which was what this stupid minotaur was apparently doing.
"Hey, cow for brains! I'm not just any kender! I am the niece of THE Tasslehoff Burrfoot. And if you don't believe me, then just go ask the mages in the Inn! Palin knows my uncle, he'll tell you if I bear resemblance to the legendary Tasslehoff or not!"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Benn-Salian
02/14/2003 3:16 PM


And if you don't believe me, then just go ask the mages in the Inn! Palin knows my uncle, he'll tell you if I bear resemblance to the legendary Tasslehoff or not!" - Talia Burrfoot

"Palin Majere!" Muthas replied in surprise, "well send him out little one, I would like to talk to him as well."signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Kalia_Majere
02/14/2003 3:18 PM

Wylin frowned. "I am Wylin Majere....Decended From Kalia Majere, Foster daughter of Caramon Majere. I am one of the Decendants you seek...I ask again...what Kind of Deal?" She kept a firm grip on the staff, her eyes bright in the dim light.

Jorza
02/14/2003 3:54 PM

OOC: WOW! Talk about taking off! Just one point players- I like what you are all doing but I am going to make a restriction: MAKE IT PLAUSIBLE. Do not make your character invincible. They can have strengths but they also have to have exploitable weaknesses that the enemy (me as DM) can use against you- flaws that make them rely on their friends for help otherwise you don’t need each other and that is the whole pint behind a fellowship.

BIC:

Palin took his cue and handing the device into Turin’s safe keeping- he knew that the young man would guard the object with his life- Palin stepped out into the still night.

He saw the Minotaur at once and took his measure. He met his eye squarely.

“I am Palin Majere”, said the old man in the white robes.

INSIDE THE INN:

Turin turned to his mother, his face mirroring his concern. Dezra shook her head and Turin stayed where he was. However, he could not remain patient for very long.

He beckoned to the other inside the inn with him. All of the rest of the party were outside with the Minotaur. His voice was low as he whispered a quick plan in the other’s ear.

OOC: I will email, so as not to spoil it.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Straea
02/14/2003 4:58 PM

OOC: Talia does have some weaknesses...She's mortal for one. Plus, she can't use magik, she can't fly...she's a regular everyday kender.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

DarkSage
02/14/2003 6:58 PM

OOC Hi! I'm back as i'm sure no one will notice (after a long absence from the boards). I'm really excited about this thread! With your permission, Jorza, can I try an fit a character into the thread??

Here is his potential story: Keiftal (Keift for short), a young sorcerer (ebony hair and piercing dark eyes, mostly wears dark robes). Lives in (?) town north of Solace, where a powerful demon cult reigns.
Skilled in the arts of spectral illusions and powerful mind bending and mental suggestion. His skills are puppeteered by the powerful and mysterious leader of the cult, a necromancer of great power.

He is not necessarily evil, being controlled by a powerful artifact from the age of dreams (belonging to the leader), to perform demonic illusions and suggestion to the audience. He could be influenced to the side of good, and could be the downfall of the cult if he were to be rescued (*hint).
The cult (to be named) has a powerful influence over the town of (?) and many smaller ones surrounding. (could be the occult mentioned at the begginging of the thread)

Their skills include summoning and transmutation from sorcery, as well as necromancy, mentalism and animism from mysticism. Many of the cult members are former clerics of the dark gods.

P.s. might have gotten a little carried away with the whole background info thing o.O tell me if this is OK, and feel free to make any changes! thanx"You cannot reach them. We tried once, yes, precious. I tried once;
but you cannot reach them. Only shapes to see, perhaps, not to touch.
No precious! All dead." -Gollum

Jorza
02/15/2003 7:03 AM

OOC:

That is pretty much what I had in mind. I like the idea loads. The cult also takes prisoners for sacrifices and that is where our little group comes in. Palin also known as ‘WHITE BEARD’ (he is very old now) is well known to the cult and has sent the last ten years building up quite a reputation for himself as a force of good. He would be deemed a great sacrificial victim to the cult so while he is trying to get there, the cult is trying to kidnap him.

When this happens- Turin will fall to pieces. His weakness is his youth and inexperience! His friends will have to help him rescue his uncle and destroy the cult. Muthas will be throwing lots of spanner in along the way- from a different direction altogether. He has his own agenda.

While a captive- Palin can meet, your character and the he can detect the good in the young mage.

Is everyone happy with the loose plot? Of course as in all threads-, there will be countless surprises along the way and many twists if I know this lot any! For me especially! *Grin*.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/16/2003 12:43 PM

Sounds good to me Jorza, Dark.....But is this after WOS or not? Is there High Sorcery Magic? Cause if there is, Karina's weakness is that she depends to much on her Magick, and not on herself. (She's a ton like Raistlin) And she'll do mostly anything for the magic, including BETRAY HER FRIENDS *wink wink* I would love to "lead Palin along a safe path around some dangerous territory' *hint hint*. Not only would that fortify the rivalry (and the hatred) of my demigoddess, it would put her in a place of "hmm......work with the nontrusting good guys, or work with the nontrusting bad guys...hmm..."

BIC~

"Minotaur!" Karin snarled at Muthas. She stood out of her chair and walked outside. "Your filthy race is full of cowards...and cows! I will not let you hurt Palin Majere, or Talia Burrfoot! Only I'M allowed to do that!"

Jorza
02/16/2003 1:53 PM

OOC:

No gods
Wild magic
After WOS

…just to make it difficult for everyone!

hints noted. will try to weave them in as we go along. *grin*To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

The_Thorn
02/16/2003 2:34 PM

OOC: Jorza, you shouldn't control other peoples' characters. Wart never left the inn.

Wart sat in a chair in the corner. After handing over the device noone seemed to notice him anymore. He drank his beer (noone seemed to notice when he poured one for himself) and listened to the conversations. You didn't stay alive for as long as he did by speaking out of turn. Well, he'd chime in when he felt they needed him."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessOfDarkness
02/16/2003 4:12 PM

OOC: *sneer* so me and Palin are just two little mages without magick. Isnt that fitting..

BIC~

Karina glanced at the minotaur and growled. "What are you doing here, Cow? You want something? Palin, maybe?"*glances at webpage* I am so cruel.....I think i should not kill Tanis....*ponders*

PrincessOfDarkness
02/16/2003 4:13 PM

OOC: *sneer* so me and Palin are just two little mages without magick. Isnt that fitting..

BIC~

Karina glanced at the minotaur and growled. "What are you doing here, Cow? You want something? Palin, maybe?"

OOC~
Oh, and thorn, Jorza IS kinda the DM....*glances at webpage* I am so cruel.....I think i should not kill Tanis....*ponders*

The_Thorn
02/16/2003 11:09 PM

OOC: I've been here for a long time and isn't doesn't matter who the DM is, noone controls your character without your permission. Ask Kalia, she'll tell you the same. It's forum curteousy. That's what makes the story interesting, the DM has to adapt to the characters."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Kalia_Majere
02/17/2003 3:31 AM

ooc:*Nods and agrees with The Thorn*

BIC: Wylin waited impatiently for the minotaur and the sivak to reply, her eyes straying suspiciously to Karina.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/17/2003 6:42 AM

*Shrug* So i was wrong. Oh well.....*shrugs again*

BIC~

She glared at the goblin and the sivak. "A Sivak draconian! Greetings!" making a very obsene mark towards the minotaur, she nodds in courtesy. A man walks into a bar and falls down.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/17/2003 8:05 AM


“I am Palin Majere”

"Salutations Mage, Although I do not like nor trust magic, I do respect those who do. I raise in front of your blind eyes an army; an army to rival that of the departed Takhisis." Muthas Thor explained to Palin, "In this, I offer your partisanship. I shall honor you, if you see fit, a position as first subcommander and a way around being enemies."

The minotaurs eyes narrowed studing the white robed mage, "If you wonder how one of the sons of Sargonnas can be paired with the follow of Paladine, I offer you this; How is it deemed evil for an army to liberate those who are oppressed by chaos? We shall work together to bring order to the land. All peoples of any race that displaysthe foulness of dishonor shall be dealt with quick and fair. Of this you have my own honor."

"Your lineage precedes you as does your own reputation. As Crysania and helped Raistlin, you shall help me. I have no illusions of being a god in the abyss, We shall work together to create a legacy of mortals. Because the end justifies the means, my friend. Remember, to serve the world first, you serve yourself best."

"A Sivak draconian! Greetings!"

Gwalmar's eyes opened with surprise at the entusiasm, " Hey, how you doing, um yea." the sivak draconian replied in equal enthusiasm.

OOC: Gwalmar will resemble Beavis from MTV's Beavis & Butthead, because he is a secondary character for me and I want my creativeness to be spent on Muthas Thor.

BIC: Muthas frowned at the Sivak and smacked him on the side of his head. Gwalmar took a step back ashamed and angered, but nonetheless loyal. signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/17/2003 3:31 PM

Talia looked at the minotaur somewhat dubiously. She had heard stories from her uncle about Raistlin, and what his plans with Crysania were....undoubedtly Palin had heard much the same from his father. Plus, she didn't think people should be hitting those that were their friends.
"Uh, excuse me," she said, trying to call attention to her. "I don't think your plan is such a good one. You plan to use this old fart like Raistlin used Crysania...but that turned out to be a bad thing. You could kill him you know!" She waited for the cow-head to give her a response.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/17/2003 4:47 PM


"Uh, excuse me," she said, trying to call attention to her. "I don't think your plan is such a good one. You plan to use this old fart like Raistlin used Crysania...but that turned out to be a bad thing. You could kill him you know!" She waited for the cow-head to give her a response.


"Kender!" she said, and gave him cold eyes. "You will respect my rivals!"

She glared at Muthas suspicously. "As for your ideas, I will personally come with you, and if you dont like it, Minotaur, then you can shove it up your bovine ass." A man walks into a bar and falls down.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Straea
02/17/2003 5:36 PM

OOC: Hey, learn to read! It's a girl!

BIC: Talia fought a surge of anger, and had a brief fantasy about whacking the pissy mage with her hoopack. She smiled at both the minotaur and mage. Let them do what they wanted. They would bring about their own doom.
"Palin, are you going to go along with this? You know it's a bad idea, don't you?"Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/18/2003 4:36 AM

Oops, sorry Strea (sp?) !!!! ;_:

***

Karina glared at Talia again. "Did you hear me, or not? You're a niave little kender, and the world is full of bad guys! Everything he does is a bad idea! So shut up already! Your high pitched voice is as annoying as Xreona's!"

OOC: Xreona is Raist and Karina's kid, for future reference. Maybe i'll put her in the thread. Maybe not. What do you think? How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but 99 to complain about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Straea
02/18/2003 7:41 AM

Talia ignored Karina and continued to look at Palin, waiting for his response.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

eswiftfire
02/18/2003 8:31 AM


Ask Kalia, she'll tell you the same.


OOC: Here are some very old posts from the 'Future Fellowship' thread. If you've set your settings to show ten posts per page, you'll easily find them in page 3.

The first one, by Flandrake. (Posted: Friday June 21, 2002 9:15 AM)

Lash raised his hand over the mage and knocked him out.
"There, I think thats better. Now first what are your names, I am Lashquierloush Nivertidenr, but please call me Lash. And what about yours?"

That mage in that post was me, of course. Here's my reply. (Posted: Friday June 21, 2002 9:25 AM)

OOC: You can't do that in RPGs, i mean describing the actions of other characters.

And then, here's Kalia's reply. (Posted: Friday June 21, 2002 11:42 AM)

OOC: LOL! Actually I hate to say it...but He is the "DM" He is God when it comes to his threads...He guides it..he can do as he wishes.

Of course, I do agree with what Thorny said, the DM really shouldn't control or describe the actions of other characters. But technicalities like this are really between the starter of that particular thread (who isn't necessarily the DM, nowadays) and the players. If they agree that their characters CAN be controlled, go ahead, if not, well, just don't. I've been in a couple of threads where other players controlled the actions of my players, but I wasn't really that bothered by it cos' they DID something that I've never thought of doing with my own characters, and sometimes, it might be an improvement too.

Since this is a freeform RPG, things can be really flexible here. Oh, here's another one-shot appearance for you, dearest Jorza, since you are such a great sport and don't whine about me and my not very conventional RP style. I'll be paying some other threads of yours (which is a lot) a visit soon. :D

IC:

Eliar Swiftfire appeared with a POOF! and saw a not-very-innocent-and-cheerful-looking kender, a girl and some bitter-looking old dude in white robes.

Of course, being an alien, he had NO idea that one of them's Palin Majere, a WORLD FAMOUS, HERO who was ONCE one of the the MOST POWERFUL wizards in Krynn, a LIVING LEGEND, etc etc.

"Ah.... the great Eliar Swiftfire! All girls want him to be their kid's sire! Lalalaaaaa! Great sense of fashion, And totally a man of action! Beautifully spiky hair, He does everything with flair!" He walked away singing his own theme song instead.

And gradually, he disappeared from everybody's view.
"Oh, and Kalia's advice about ignoring the posts of those who irritate you is a sound one. It's what I usually do when some self proclaimed "oldies" start reminiscing about the good old days and then complain about how this forum isn't as fun as it used to be."

-Alanded

[Edited by eswiftfire on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 8:34 AM]

Jorza
02/18/2003 9:21 AM

OOC: I guess this goes to show that the world does continue to revolve without me. Do people really feel that strongly about character control? Sometimes its done to move things along and get things done- *shrugs* so you guys decide between you and let me know.

BIC:

Palin considered the proposition.

“What is it that you are really after?” he asked.

They were all distracted by a not so subtle sound from the roof of the inn. A loud crash and Turin was hurtling to the ground like a thunderbolt!

Stealth was obviously not his strong point!
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Benn-Salian
02/18/2003 10:11 AM


Karina glared at Muthas suspicously. "As for your ideas, I will personally come with you, and if you dont like it, Minotaur, then you can shove it up your bovine ass."

"Hopefully your skills with magic will rival that of you tongue, though I doubt it will," Muthas commented to the evil mage, "I have not made such an offer in your direction yet, but I accept it once you have proven your worth."

Turning his attention to Palin, " I ask for the safety of all white robe, these are troubled times, you agree? Oh course you do. No one is safe as long as there are low-lives in the streets. Under my rule I shall slay this scum so that others may live in peace."

"You can't say that such a fate isn't in the better interests of all children and kender on Krynn.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

PrincessOfDarkness
02/18/2003 10:18 AM

OOC: ok, can some tell me a yes or not to this question: DO WE HAVE HIGH SORCEREY MAGICK OR NOT?!?!?!?!?! IF NOT, NETHER ME OR PALIN HAS MAGIC!!!!!!?!?!?! IT'S BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! *breath* to much chocolate.

"Oh no." Karin said, her lip curling. "I'm coming weather you like it or not. I dont care wether you offer it or not. As for killing the low lives in the streets, i dont care what you do with the kender, but the children, do leave them alone." How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but 99 to complain about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/18/2003 11:09 AM

OOC: Enough with the caps. It is annoying. There is no tower magic, but there shoud still be wild magic. And if you are unaware I am getting rid of low lives so that the world is safe for children and kender.signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

The_Thorn
02/18/2003 11:44 AM

Wart heard the loud thump outside. Loud thumps were always something to investigate, just from a distance. The doorway would do, he could always duck back inside if it was something dangerous.

The goblin headed to the door, beer mug in hand. Looking through the arguing people he noticed one of the human had fallen off the roof. Stupid humans."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessOfDarkness
02/19/2003 10:27 AM

Oh. I knew that. I was just testing you. How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but 99 to complain about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Jorza
02/21/2003 4:34 AM

OOC: I think we may have strayed alittle here?To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/21/2003 4:41 AM

Just a litte. Back on track!

BIC~

The minotaur was a tall, intimating fellow, as all of his bovine kind were. Karina nodded and sneered. "WHERE exactly, are you taking him, Cow?" How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but and an unlimited men to boast about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/21/2003 6:29 AM

"Palin (emphases used on the name) and I would have much to do," Muthas replied exchanging his view of Karina to Palin,"I first need to evaluate my troops; they are establishing in Haven. I can't bring honor and justice to the world with low-lives and scum in my own ranks, now can I?"signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Straea
02/21/2003 7:30 AM

Talia had been listening to these exchanges with as much paitience as a kender could muster. Finally, at the mention of Palin going alone with the minotaur, alone no less, to a place that was bound to be dangerous, she spoke up.
"Palin, I know I'm just a kender, and that you and everyone else here think I don't have any brains," she gave meaningful looks to Muthas and Karina, hoping to shame them (she doubted very much that she would though), "but please let me go with you. I want to live up to my uncle's legacy, and travel with a band of people like he did. Besides, I want to try to protect you. Can I please come with you?"
Talia looked up at Palin hopefully. She so very much wanted to go on this quest, and she honestly did like Palin, even if tonight was only the first night that she met him. She waited for his answer, one that she hoped was a yes.

Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/21/2003 8:08 AM

Karina rolled her eyes. "If...IF....you were referring to me. I am no scum. I am far from scum." How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but and an unlimited men to boast about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/21/2003 8:11 AM

"Nothing is ever about you!" the minotaur known as Muthas Thor snapped at the dark mage, "you are untested and so thus far unneeded. Palin is my objective here, so I suggest you be quiet when adults are talking!"signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Jorza
02/21/2003 3:39 PM

Palin hid a wry smile. He was pleased that his works had not gone unnoticed in the world, but he wondered what Muthas was really after. He knew that the clever Minotaur would never openly reveal his intentions. Palin knew that he would have to bide his time and wait. Eventually the Minotaur would reveal his true intentions through his actions and deeds.

Plain looked upon them all and nodded his head.

“We will all go,” he said and his word was final. “I had thought to travel alone with my nephew Turin”, he smiled as he saw his abashed nephew brushing the dust from his clothes, “who has just learnt that man, unlike dragon, was not meant to fly! I have now decided that it would not be wise for the two of us to travel alone”, especially now that this Minotaur has found us so readily. Others too could do the same, he thought, but he kept that thought private. Other enemies…

Palin looked directly at the kender and smiled gently.

“Tas was a good friend of mine. I would be honored to have his descendant traveling with us”.

(OOC: On a more historical note, there is always some doubt about the accuracy of the lineage of Tas Burfoot as there are more than several billion kenders alive today going by that name and it was never actually documented that Tas Burfoot ever did in fact procreate and sire heirs).

Plain then looked upon Karina, an old enemy and knew that she would accompany them regardless of his personal feelings.

That only left the two women undecided. He was a bit concerned about taking such delicate flowers on such a perilous journey but something about them made him think that perhaps there was strength hidden behind the beauty. And Wylin had her secret of which he had some growing suspicions but no definite proof.

Wart was the Minotaur’s companion and right-hand. Palin could see little in the way of intelligence or harm there.

In addition, there were the others. The strangers who had yet to make their mark. He wondered who among the rest would be joining them, for their party was drawing to its completeness. He had a sense that this was the way it was meant to be, even though there was no Paladin to guide him through the darkness- he had a sense of wrong and right. This felt right.

There was safety in numbers from this unknown threat in the North. There was safety among old names and sons and daughters of old enemies. What once was and what again would be…
To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

[Edited by Jorza on Friday, February 21, 2003 3:40 PM]

PrincessOfDarkness
02/21/2003 5:54 PM

Karina glanced at the aging white robe. Herself, demigoddess, did not age like him, although they had been around for about the same time. The gods had left, her human (and elf) sides had kept her firmly anchored to this world. Aging faster then she had been (roughly elf-like) she'd life for a couple couple more years, maybe 400 or 600 more.

"Well Palin Majere? Son of Caramon Majere, Hero of the Lance? Nephew of Raistlin Majere, Master of Past and Present, My own husband? My own nephew? Where are we going?" She grinned at him. The intensity of her orbs increased on the powerless mage.

OOC~
For reference- Karina's mother is Takhisis, which gives her godly traits. This will eventually lead her into a life-threatning situation and using magic and will also lead her to tell them how she still has a bit of magic when the gods have gone. How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but and an unlimited men to boast about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

The_Thorn
02/22/2003 1:13 AM

OOC: Jorza, Wart didn't come with the minotaur. He's independant.

Wart eyed the minotaur for the first time. He didn't like minotaurs. They always wanted to solve problems with weapons and never their minds. It made talking your way out of harm difficult. Still, the others were going so he might as well to.

"So when do we leave?" he asked taking another drink from his beer."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Kalia_Majere
02/22/2003 5:55 AM

Wylin watched the preceedings silently, albiet impatiently. She ran her fingers through her silver hair, and her eyes rested on Karina, thankful that the woman had turned her attention away from the Crystal staff.

Wylin looked up and found Palin staring at her for a moment, something in his eyes made her want to shiver...her hand clenched on the staff, and she lifted her head proudly. Her blue eyes filled with the pride of her race....and could prove to be her downfall.

"I agree....when do we leave?" She asked, the irritation evidant in her voice.

Jorza
02/22/2003 5:58 AM

Many sincere apologies from Jorza to the The_Thorn! Sorry mate. Igot my wires crossed.To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

Jorza
02/22/2003 6:06 AM

“We leave at first light. I’m sure Jezra will not mind if we all help ourselves to a little of her supplies. A long and perilous journey lies before us all. If you have matters to settle, use this night to do so”.

Turin heeded his uncle’s words and spent the night talking with his mother, possibly for the last time.

Dawn was swift arriving:

The party set out at first light on horse back. Palin spent his time examining the device that had been handed to him, pondering the wisdom of using it, and the hazards.

Turin too was silent and lost in his own thoughts. This was his first trip from home. The adventure he had always sought, and he was nervous and frightened, though the youth did well to hide his fears. To be or not to be, ay there's the point,
To die, to sleep, is that all? Ay all:
No, to sleep, to dream, ay marry there it goes.
For in that dream of death, when we awake..

PrincessOfDarkness
02/22/2003 3:53 PM

Karina's horse was jet black, not like that suprised anyone. But the stallion hadnt been seen in Solace anywhere else- it had just appeared. Falling in line behind Palin, she sneered to herself and wondered how to mess up the magickless mage once more. How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Well, one to screw it in, but and an unlimited men to boast about the screwing part.

In the Name of Her Dark Majesty, the Queen Tahkisis
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

DarkSage
02/23/2003 10:03 AM

OOC: Here is my intro....

It was uncommonly dark that night. Perfect for the rituals that were to be performed. Ghastly noises were heard to be coming from the former Temple of Paladine.
The single, pale moon was painted blood red, as well as the walls of the temple, from the lights that emanated from the interior. Evil chants and the occasional screams could be heard from the outside. Smoke was seeping through the windows and doors into the street. The Cult of Dybuk was at work.

Keift gestured with his fingers and worked them in his magic. Ghastly illusions of demonic creatures flew around the room. He stared at them, but saw nothing. He coul hear the commands whispering in his head, the utter control of the Hellmaster keeping him from objecting.
His eyes were blood red and blank, meaning the master was still controlling him. A small, miniscule part of his mind registered his actions. He was helpless to fight it.

The chanting of the death priests could be heard, sounding all the more unearthly and diabolic emanating from their large, jeweled ram skull masks. It certainly did make them look all the more frightening in the dim, red light. The audience, townspeople that had no choice but to accept this new demonic religion that had swept throught their region, were awed an terrifyied by the rituals that were performed that night by the cult leader, Hellmaster Bawrik.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The town of Heliav, formerly known as Herlia, is the cult center. This new religion usually attracted former dark priests and mages of the departed evil gods. It had blossomed into a powerful occult that dominated over the entire region north of Solace, and it slowly crept towards the south, in the now safe and peaceful haven of Solace.
Evil men and women flocked to the site of the Unholy Sanctum, formerly a great Temple of Paladine. Cities such as Tantallon and Long Ridge, and a sect in the ruins of Xak Khalan performed rituals with the undead. The last safe havens in the north of Solace were North Keep of the solamnic knights, and Crossing, which remained ever the center of the faith of the heart, based in Schallsea, and is one of the cults biggest enemies. "You cannot reach them. We tried once, yes, precious. I tried once;
but you cannot reach them. Only shapes to see, perhaps, not to touch.
No precious! All dead." -Gollum

Straea
02/23/2003 6:09 PM

Talia was having a grand time riding on a pony. She was very excited, but kept trying to hide that excitement. She didn't want anyone to get mad at her after all. She looked at Palin, and smiled. At least she had one person who was her friend. She'd just have to give the rest of the group some time was all.
Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Benn-Salian
02/24/2003 6:20 AM

Muthas Thor rode with the companions. He had been pleased when the mage, Palin, had taken up his offer. he wasn't sure about the others, however. He didn't ask for the companionship, but they seemed linked to the mage and were probably unable to be rid off without the mage. Oter than the fact that they made his feel like an outcast, Muthas worried little that they would be departed soon as the first fight.

The steed that Muthas rode was still nervous about allowing the minotaur to ride. On the way to Solace he had walked it and that seemed a folly now that he had to be worried about savig face in front of the companions.

Gwalmar, the sivak draconion, walked along side his commander's house and jetted looks at the other companions."We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades" -Dark Mage, 8-bit Fighter

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

The_Thorn
02/24/2003 11:34 PM

Wart sneered at the sivak everytime the draconian glanced the goblins way. Just another draconian subserviant to another race. Story of their lives. Wart only followed another if there was something to gain out of it."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Jorza
02/25/2003 9:56 AM

Palin came to a decision as the horses continued to make their slow way North. He would use the device to cheat time, but he still had his reservations- for it was well known that other wild-magic users could detect the use of the device.

Even though they would save time with the use of the device, they would give up the secrecy of their mission. For now, no one was aware that steps were being taken to investigate the horror stories that were drifting from the North. The use of the device would alert the enemy to their coming.

Palin put the decision to the vote: he gathered the group around the fire at their first night’s camp and explained the situation to them. He was careful to reveal only what he had to.

"So?" he asked standing before the fire- "do we time travel to North Keep and let the invisible enemy know of us, or do we continue as we are in secret".

OOC: Palin is the only one really at risk here because of his reputation. Turin will continue with the compant after the kidnapping- that is when Palin meets the other mage in our story???? I'm just making thisup as I go along so feel free to jump in!
The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

The_Thorn
02/25/2003 12:51 PM

"No," Wart said vehemently. "Don't use that, the horses will get use there just fine. Besides, we don't even know what we are up against.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessOfDarkness
02/25/2003 5:52 PM

"Let's use it." Karina says. "Even if we take the horses, they'll still know about us way before." Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Benn-Salian
02/26/2003 6:25 AM

Studing the converstaion of three of the companions (Muthas does not concider helpself apart of this) Muthas Thor realized that there was some discrepencies about using some sort of magical artifact to quicken their travels. "If it doesn't matter if we use your magical dabble of your's, then we should save it. We should trust our horses' own feet."

He looked around for any further arguement.

Behind the minotaur's horse walked the Sivak draconian, Gwalmar. The sivak noticed that whenever he looked in the goblin's direction he recieved a funny look. He decided to stop looking in that direction for the remainder of the trip."We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades" - Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

PrincessOfDarkness
02/26/2003 8:19 AM

Karina rolled her eyes and mumbled something she really shouldnt be saying. Howeever, it was under her breath and as soft as possible, so she doubted they would hear it.

'my magik could get us there twice as fast'

OOC~
You didnt hear that. I"m goign to get myself into worse situations in whichi'm forced to use magik i'm not supposed to have. Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
02/26/2003 1:21 PM

Wylin's head snapped up, her eyes locked onto Karina. She had heard the woman say something, but couldnt hear the words. She watched her closely, and urged her dappled grey mare to ride flank with Palin.

She didn't say anything to him. She realized then that even he didn't know who she was....The Daughter of Kalia Majere and Navare DarkStar....Better Known as Crystalamira and Navarlth....the star and dark Crystal dragons.

The mare shied slightly as her emotions roiled, and she gently soothed the beast...while her eyes remained distant, fearful and alone.

PrincessOfDarkness
02/26/2003 6:07 PM

Karina was staring at Palin while she say those forbidden words. Ironically, in her range of sight was Wylin.

'SHIT!' she sweared to herself. 'She heard........something!' Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Straea
02/27/2003 6:48 AM

Talia thought about Palin's idea for a moment, and then shook her head. She had to side with Muthas on this one. She pet her ponies head and then looked up at Palin.
"I think we should continue the way we are. Because if they don't know we're coming then we could get the drop on them. Kind of like this one time, when I was trying to sneak up on a pack of wild horses...." Talia continued to rattle on, not really minding if she annoyed anyone else or not. After all, she WAS a kender.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
02/28/2003 5:02 PM

Strangely enough, it was from the mouth of a kender that the great mage Palin drew his decision from. Talia had an excellent point, and he told her so.

“Anything is possible when one has the element of surprise!” the old mage concluded. They had been riding for many leagues before the setting sun soon made their day’s trek draw to an end. The group had just crested a mound of grass and from their vantage, could see a small town at the base of two hills. Smoke was rising from the stone chimneys.

“We should sleep well tonight,” said Palin, as he led the way forward, nudging his horse slightly as the animal began to plod down-hill. “I have stayed at this inn before”.
The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/01/2003 6:35 AM

Karina rolled her eyes and nodded. She pulled up her hood to hide her eyes, and pulled on gloves to hide her gray tinged skin.

"Very well, Majere. We shall rest at this inn. Who has steel? I only carry gold; it gets you around faster and people take less of it for more stuff."

Glacing at Talia, she rolled her eyes and sighed. 'Yes, only one related to Burrfoot would be such a nuisance.' she thought to herself. Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Jorza
03/02/2003 6:17 AM

Palin hid his grin well. He turned his head to the young woman who rode by his side.

“Why so silent little Wylin?” he asked, and then wondered if the she had truly heard him as she continued to ride in deathly silence. He could tell that Wylin had a troubled mind and nodded to Turin.

The young man took his cue and nudged his horse a little closer to the girl’s. Both Majere’s wondered if Karina had somehow got to the girl. The dark woman could be very tricky and needed to be watched. There was also Muthas. They did not truly trust that one either.

Palin smiled wistfully as an ancient Krynn proverb came to mind, one he had learnt as a child when Caramon had sat him on his knee, before the fire, an old and precious memory:

Keep your friends close; but keep your enemies closer…The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

[Edited by Jorza on Sunday, March 2, 2003 6:19 AM]

Kalia_Majere
03/02/2003 2:11 PM

Wylin shook herself out of her daze, her blue eyes cleared and focused breifly onto Palin's. She blinked and glanced back at Karina. Wylin's pale hand clenched tightly on the crystal staff, her eyes darkening.

"I'm alright, Uncle...." She murmered softly, and returned to her inwardly focused state. Her tormoil was centered around her true identity, how would they take it? Palin? Turin especially....

She shivered with sudden fear....her groundless fears threatened to overcome her good sense.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/02/2003 2:41 PM

Noticing Wylin's cold stare, she only smiled under the hood to herself and galnced at Palin and Turin. Her gaze returned to Wylin's staff..oh how she wanted it. When the staff shook, her head jolted up and noticed the shiver running through Wylin.

"Does something trouble you, Wylin?" She asked in a harsh voice.

She was often told that she was scary enough with a hood up, with gloves and all. Obviously this came from a proverb her father (who happened to be Tanis) told her some time ago...when he still lived.

'Fear of the unknown is greater then fear of the known, Mage.'

At this point, Tanis had not yet known that he had been talking to his own daughter..despite a bastard girl (?). She chuckled at that, and two days later she had told him....and he died a week after, at the High Clerist's Tower.

Glancing at Palin, she mumbled a swear under her breath. "You havent answered my question yet, NEPHEW." Putting special emphasis on it. "Do you have steel?"

OOC~
Out of curoisty Kalia, is Wylin pronouced Why-lin or We-lin?
Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/02/2003 3:40 PM

OOC: It's pronounced Why-lynn....it is how her name sounds to those used to common, spoken in the draconic tounge. her true name would be Wind-Rider in common.

BIC: Wylin met the woman's cold gaze. "I have steel....though I doubt it is enough for all of you....in any aspect, I will not stay here...." She said softly, handing her meager ammount of money to Palin.

"I have need to be alone uncle...forgive me." She said, sliding off the back of the mare. She handed the bridle to Turin, and gave them a little bow. "I will meet you at dawn....do not fear, I will be there....." She said softlly, as she turned and dissappeared into the waiting mists.

She ran swiftly, holding her grey robes high, as to not hinder her movements. once she felt that she was long from their sight, even Karina's she shifted, clothing and hair melting into tough skin and brilliant grey-crystal scales. a flurry of feathers and she was airborn. for a single heartbeat, her silhouette danced across Lunitari. Feathered wings outstretched in pure freedom, the image was awe-inspiring.

Quickly she dived, spiriting the crystal staff back into her little pocket of the Grey, and sped off, eager for a hunt.

The_Thorn
03/02/2003 5:25 PM

"Humans," grumbled Wart. "They have no common sense. That girl's going to get us caught. They probably have her captured before we reach the town. Do you want me to follow her and drag her back," he asked to noone in particular."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessOfDarkness
03/02/2003 7:08 PM

Resisting the urge to make that damned hobgoblin (If i'm wrong, tell me!) spontaneously combust, she threw a look at him.

"Pus." She announced, putting emphasis on it. "Festering scab. Puke. Whatever your name is.." Making it clear she knew exactly what it was and mocking it. "I know how to keep myself out of prison, and other's hand. And i'd rather PALIN rescue me then you! and that's saying something!" Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

The_Thorn
03/02/2003 11:50 PM

Wart shook his head, for a great mage that Karina claimed, she sure didn't have a clue who the goblin was talking about. "It's blatantly obvious that One such as you power would never need rescuing," he said, the sarcasm dripping off the previous statment, "which is why I was talking about Weylin.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Benn-Salian
03/03/2003 8:36 AM

Muthas Thor relaxed on his steed amused at the scene. Of the gobli ad dark mage bickering and he looked dow at his sivak draconian who appeared eager to jump in the forray.

A thought occured to the minotaur, "evil turns in upon itself". Surely, this was not happening in front of his own eyes! He then wondered to himself what his positio on the matter should be. Should he allow that they fight amoungst themselves? It was true that he was only interested in the mage, Palin. Or should he take initiative against this discourse?

Before he was able to decide, Gwalmar spoke up. "Hey stop it, we're all on the same side right? We need to be more sss...ivilized!""We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades" - Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

PrincessOfDarkness
03/03/2003 10:47 AM

Karina rolled her eyes and nodded. "I suppose you're right, draconian. Very well. I will callyou "Wart" if you will not make derogertory terms about me." Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

The_Thorn
03/03/2003 11:36 AM

"Fine by me," said the goblin, once again flashing his sneer at the draconian. "It's probably to late to catch up to the girl anyway. Forget I said anything.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Benn-Salian
03/04/2003 9:57 AM

Catching the look by the goblin, Gwalmar cringed. he decided that he should speak out against this type of treatment, "Hey! Do I give you looks like that?" he asked the goblin."We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades" - Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

The_Thorn
03/04/2003 11:27 AM

Wart ignored the draconian and addressed Palin, "So where is this inn at?""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Straea
03/04/2003 5:00 PM

Talia watched Wylin and wished she could do what the other girl could. She looked at the others, and wondered why they had to fight with each other. Sure, she wasn't any better than anybody else, but she was willing to try and get along now. The mention of the inn peaked her interest. Inn's were in towns, and towns held adventure....Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
03/05/2003 10:56 AM

Palin knew that their quest would never stand a chance of victory if the members of the group continued to bicker and argue as they did. He had thought that when they faced the common enemy, they would unite, but old hatreds and old enmity was tearing the group asunder, and now; gentle Wylin, for reasons he was not sure about, had left them to find peace and solitude. He did not blame her. The thought had occurred to him too but he knew that he must stay.

“The inn is a place for us to rest away the night. It is also where I have arranged to meet a contact,” said Palin. He did nit share any more secrets with them just yet.

The white mage turned to Wart.

“Follow Wylin and keep an eye on her if you wish. I would hate for any harm to come to any of us so soon” he said gently.

Turin made to go with Wart, but Palin held him back.

“I have need of you at the inn, Turn” said his uncle. Turin simply nodded. He had promised his mother that he would obey Palin. He did realise though, that at some point in the future, he might very well ignore his uncle’s good advice and take his own action.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

The_Thorn
03/05/2003 11:28 AM

Wart grinned. "Whatever you say boss, see you at the inn." The goblin dismounted and drew his hood over his head. He scuttled off in the last direction he had seen Wylin head."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Benn-Salian
03/05/2003 12:00 PM


“The inn is a place for us to rest away the night. It is also where I have arranged to meet a contact,” said Palin. He didn't share any more secrets with them just yet.

Muthas did not care for this one bit. Normally he would have demanded that the white mage had something up his sleeve, but he had grown tired of being sceptable. As soon as he entered the inn he sat in a chair near the fireplace with a glass of ale. He decided to keep his eyes open and his mouth quite this time. He would be suspicious anyways, just not in his normal direct nature."We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us. And my first act as self-appointed stabmaster is to slay my comrades" - Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre

signed:
Suggester of Illusion
Benn-Salian

Kalia_Majere
03/05/2003 1:38 PM

Wylin sighed and shook her head. The silver and red moonlight shone down a garish violet on her grey crystal scales. The Gryphon sat before her, preening it's feathers proudly.

"Sorry Old friend, I know no more on what you seek to learn...." It said as it turned away. Dark eyes locked onto the dragon's blue ones. "But I do know that you will find what you need on this adventure....not nessicarily what you want....but definitely what you need."

The Gryphon lept into the air, and Wylin watched it leave. Sighing, she covered the bones of the pair of wild horses she had brought down, one for her avian-feline friend, and the other herself. Sated, if not fully content, she curled up on the cliff edge, and dozed.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/05/2003 5:25 PM

Karina sat at the bar and ordered only water. the innkeeper gaped at the black robe.

"Uh...yes..sir."

"that would be Mistress, Inkeep."

The bartender noticebly pulled back and glanced around nervously. "If, you dont mind....I think you have....an amazing likeness to the archmagus---"

"Raistlin Majere. I am aware of that. I get it alot. Get me my water, please."

Glancing at Palin she raised an eyebrow under the hood. "A contact, Palin? Someone i know...or knew? Or does the famous White Robe not care to share it with his Aunt?"Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

The_Thorn
03/06/2003 9:08 PM

Wart backtracked to where Wylin had left and followed the tracks. They were easy to follow until they just suddenly disappeared. In their places were large claw marks and a disturbance that looked like it came from something sliding back and forth on the ground. The goblin couldn't find anymore tracks around so he set out for the inn."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Jorza
03/08/2003 7:52 AM

Turin’s eyes darted about the inn nervously. Although he had spent all his life in a place very similar to one such as this, there was an eerie feeling about this place that mocked the comfort of the inn of the Last Home. It was as if someone had looked at Krynn through a mirror and had created this inn as a replica of what they had seen, but it was all wrong, for as everyone knows, a mirror image is an exact opposite of what the true image is.

Palin had retired to his bed early, pleading tiredness and had asked Turin to stay downstairs and wait for their contact. Turin did not know whom to expect and he was getting as restless as the others who had decided for one reason or another, to keep vigil with him.

It was nearly midnight, when the fire had died to its last embers and the young man had nearly lost all hope of meeting anyone this night, that he realized what had happened. He saw his uncle descend the stairs, a deeply grave expression on his face and Turin knew that the secret rendezvous had taken place already, except that his uncle had used him as a decoy to allay the other’s suspicions.

Even though he balked at the betrayal and the deception, he was astute enough to know that Palin had received some deeply disturbing news. He ran to Palin’s side at once.

“What is it Uncle?” he demanded, laying a hand on the white sleeve. “What’s wrong?”

Palin looked to the group that had gathered at the inn’s front room. The old man’s face revealed his hopeless expression.

“It is worse than I thought,” he said. “This is an enemy that not even the Gods could hope to defeat”.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/08/2003 9:17 AM

Karina grinned to herself. 'Oh, Palin? I can test that theory.' She thought.

Looking at Palin, she glanced at him in a worried expression. "Who is it? The only one the gods could not defeat was Ion--," She stopped herself. Another thing mortals werent supposed to know, "Chaos. Who ascends...or rather..appears on his level?" Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Straea
03/08/2003 11:21 AM

Talia had been unsually behaved all night. She blamed it on the inn. It wasn't very interesting, and made her feel queer. A feeling she never liked. She was sitting in a booth by herself, her maps and trinkets and what-not spread out before her. She looked up as Palin came downstair and made his ominous announcement. She didn't like the sound of what he said, any more than she like Karina's reply.
"I thought Chaos left with all the other gods though," she said. She looked over at Karina for an explanation.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/08/2003 11:27 AM

"He did." Karina said to Talia. "But he was the only one who could challenge the gods, as well. Unless someone else has that power, of course?" Now it was her turn to look at Palin.

"Who challenges my departed Queen, Palin?" Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/08/2003 1:35 PM

In a far corner of the inn, none noticed that Wylin's staff lay propped against the wall. All that could be heard within the Inn's walls was being sent on to Wylin.

The Greygem Dragon remained curled up on her ledge. "Someone else with power to match that of Ionthas?" She murmered, her gaze torn from the image that hovered before her of her friends at the Inn....to the Red moon that was now alone in the sky, even the black one had set below the mountainous horizon.

It is a Greygem dragon's duty to contain Chaos and spread balance....you and your siblings are the dragons of balance...no matter the color....but it is you and your sister and two other brothers that are the core of the group....

Windrider remembered her mother's words clearly, and wished she could be near....but now was not the time for such nostalgia....that time may never be...

Wylin sighed and turned her attention back to the group, strengthening her spells on the staff....rendering it only half-visible....and would fade from that plane of existance the moment another's hand touched it.

Jorza
03/08/2003 4:52 PM

“Who can challenge the Gods?” asked Turin, repeating the question aloud.

“An easy task when the gods are no more and the dragons number but a few” replied Palin. “An easy task for creatures of the dark who have no sense of order or balance”. Palin faced his companions with a heavy heart. “I led you hear in the firm belief that together we could defeat whatever challenge faced us. We are races of Krynn and we have in our power to defend ourselves against attack from others of our kind, but…”, Palin looked down and shook his head.

When his white head rose again, there was fire in his eyes. “…but, what we are about to face is not of our world!”.

Turin’s eyes mirrored his confusion.

“Uncle? What do you mean?”.

Plain looked upon them all, each in turn.

“What we face comes from another plane. Another dimension. The rules of existence that bind us do not apply to the shadows dwellers. They had always craved entrance to our world, and now that there is no force to oppose them; they do so freely. I talk of demons my friends. Demons from the Dark. Some how they have found the portal to our world and have come into their own in the North. It is all true”.
The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Kalia_Majere
03/08/2003 8:43 PM

The image wavered as Wylin's control slipped...her lips curled back from the wicked fangs in her mouth. A low snarl escaped her throat before she could swallow it. A shiver ran down her spine, making her scales rattle musically, and the feathers on her wings stand on end.

She didn't like where this was going...but then she didn't like the fact that the Gods had left them....but it had happened....and so was this.

Well....Uncle...it seems I may be of more help that we all realized..... She sent the words mentally, knowing that of all of them, Palin would hear her the clearest.

The_Thorn
03/08/2003 11:45 PM

Wart heard the snarl though it was some distance off, in a direction where mountians loomed. The goblin crested a hill and the inn came into sight, alon with the rest of the "town." He quickly made his way to the inn and entered to hear Palin talking. He kept to the corner to listen to what the others had to say about whatever it was Palin had been talking about."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Jorza
03/09/2003 6:25 AM

Palin paused for a moment, as if listening to an inner voice and Turin was immediately worried for his uncle’s health. Palin was an old man and it was obvious that this news was putting a great strain on his frail form.

“Uncle?” asked Turin. Palin’s smile was mysterious.

“Perhaps not entirely hopeless” Palin amended. The white mage saw Wart enter the inn and apprised him of what he had told the others.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

The_Thorn
03/09/2003 9:00 AM

Wart listened to Palin but hated to be singled out. When the mage finally finished the goblin simply replied, "the girl disappeared. Found some long clawmarks like a giant animal landed on her but there wasn't any blood so It probably took her away. It had to fly to because there weren't any other tracks.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessOfDarkness
03/09/2003 3:34 PM

"A giant animal and clawmarks?" Karina asked. "A Dragon? What dragon would take Wylin for dinner? She's not even very meaty!"

Glancing at Palin, her face appeared concerned. "If we are facing demons, Palin, then both you and I," She said, swearing to herself that she'd promise never to show that she was a demigoddess. "Then both of us are useless. This entire task is, i'm afraid. From mine and Raistlin's knowledge of demons, they can only be harmed by magick...which is there no more in this world. So..what do you think?" Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Jason (Hellforge): Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
May the Dark Queen walk with you
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/09/2003 6:07 PM

Wylin grinned at Karina's assesment, the image that wavered before the greygem dragon dimmed for a moment.

Yawning, Wylin reached out again.

When the dawn breaks, I will await all of you outside....all illusions brought into the open. This time she sent more power behind her broadcast....making sure that all could hear her this time.

With a wave of her claws, the image faded, and the crystal staff returned to it's place.

Wylin yawned, and tucked her head under one grey feathered wing. Dawn was now only a few hours away.

Straea
03/10/2003 7:19 AM

Talia was wide awake, seeing as how this entire conversation was very interesting. She doubted very much that she would sleep at all this night, and became thouroughly convinced when she heard a voice speak in her head about illusions at dawn.

Talia glanced out of a window, and noticed by the dim sky that dawn was not too far off. Lack of sleep made her giddy as she crammed things back into their pouces, taking extra care with her maps. She rearranged her pouches, grabbed her hoopack, and went outside. There was no way she was going to miss seeing an illusion. She found a tree, climbed up in it, and waited for dawn to break. No sooner had she settled onto a branch, did she fall asleep. But, being a kender, one doesn't think she would be too worried about missing anything.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
03/10/2003 9:54 AM

Though Palin did not like Karina, the old mage had to admit there was some merit to her words. His night was sleepless and his eyes shadowed when he woke up the next day.

Turin met him at the breakfast table.

"Uncle, I have been thinking. I believe I know how to fight a demon". He looked into his uncle's suddenly alert eyes.

"We must summon a demon of our own". The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Kalia_Majere
03/10/2003 1:42 PM

Wylin yawned, and stretched her wings. Dawn had broken, and she was anxious to get moving. With a powerful leap, she took to the skies. She circled twice, and then dipped her left wing, circling ever lower, hearing the cries of sudden shock and fear from the townspeople below.

Immediately, the ancient words spilled from her mouth, and the people no longer gaped at her in fear, but in awe. She smiled as several children ran up to her, laughing as they climbed over her back. She allowed them to do so with surprising tolerance, and the children's mothers all relaxed, their fears set aside.

burring softly, she rolled onto her back, wings outstretched as the children continued to play. Wylin was a young adult, only 25 feet from nose to tail, her wings twice as wide. Three pairs of crystalline horns crowned her head, her blue eyes filled with joy as she watched the children.

She turned her head slightly and looked at the door to the Inn, she grinned sheepishly as she noticed it was opened, and she flashed a toothy grin at the figure standing there.

"Good Morning" She purred.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/10/2003 3:19 PM

Karina glanced at Turin. "Once again, Majere. Not, not you Palin. How are we going to summon this demon, Turin? With no magic? I have a single artifact of evil, which i dont feel like sharing with you, but it dosent summon demons." She thought for a second and looked at the aged Palin. "Palin, dear," She said with a large coating of sarcasm. "Must i explain things twice to my own family?"

"By Tahkisis!" Karina yelled and jumped back, her hood falling off her face and sending the children scrambling from the Dark Mage. "Wylin! You ARE a dragon! So It DIDNT eat you!" As her excitement died down, she thought. "But...what kind of dragon are you?" MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/10/2003 4:33 PM

Wylin rolled back over, and stood. She stretched her wings and then folded them tightly at her side.

"I am a GreyGem Dragon...Daughter of Glimmer The Star Crystal Dragon, Better known as Kalia Majere, and Navare The Dark Crystal Dragon, Scion on the Dragon of all colors and none."

The sunlight glinted on the symbol engraved on the centre scale on her chest. It looked like the constellation lines of the Scales of Gilean. "I am one of the four Dragons of Balance, born to contain the Chaos in this world. My other four siblings, the TwinStars, and the Dark Twins also guard the Balance, but not to the extent that me and my GreyGem siblings do."

"My Mother always talked fondly of her years living with the Majeres...I thought that I would meet them....I just wish I had the chance to Meet Caramon....She spoke of him the most fondly.....besides you Palin. You taught her how to harness her arcane power.....she always thanked you for that. She remembered who she truely was through the Auricas Matriarch's spell, the spell placed upon her to protect her...Thanks to you."

A faint red glow surrounded Wylin's dragon form, and the glow covered her whole being, became her, then reshaped into the form they where all familiar with.

Silver hair flowed free, silver-grey robes swirled around her feet. Blue eyes where filled with hopefull acceptance, the Crystal Staff of Magius rested comfortably in her hands. Wylin smiled gently.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/10/2003 6:10 PM

With a suspicious glance, Karina nodded.
"Once, some time ago, Raistlin looked into the Seeing Pool, and saw Caramon with a silver haired girl. For some time i wondered who it was."

She smiled as gesture of acceptance. "Now I see, Wylin, it was your mother. I would of liked to meet her, indeed."

Her glanced moving up and down Wylin's body was uncomfortable to most. "I accept you, Wylin Majere. This is something i do for little. Considered yourself honored."

Her smile, however, turned to an ugly sneer as she whispered magik words. The Crystal Staff of Magius flew into her hand, and with more magick words, she dissapeared.

*

Glancing into the Seeing Pool, she nodded sadly. "I am sorry to have taken your staff, Wylin." She said to herself. "But I have also revealed my magick, and i needed it. It shall be returned in time, Wylin. Dont you worry."

Imagining their shocked looks at her using somethign that was gone, she grinned.

Pulling out her Orb of Godly Talking, she spoke into it.

"Nuitari! Dear Brother!" She yelled into it. "Talk to me!"

"I am here, Karina." Came a dark voice.

"I have found something called the Crystal Staff of Magius. Will it be powerful enough?"

The colors inside the Orb shifted. "I do not know. You shall try."

"Of course, Nui." Putting it away, she walked to the top of the tower and put the Staff in a small pestatal .

"Soon, my Queen, you shall return...Soon.."

OOC~
Dum dum dum! Karina has revealed she still has magic. And naturally, her plot is doomed to failure, so we need somethign to mess it up. Have Wylin topple the tower or somthing. I dunno. MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/10/2003 6:54 PM

OOC: To handle that staff would be a little painful....lol! The staff was a duplicate of the original, given to Kalia by Palin. During a story long ago (at least a year or more back) There was a staff of pure darkness, that could only be stopped by a staff of light. The Staff of Light couldn't exist fully in this world, so it combined with Kalia's Copy of the Staff Of Magius....becoming the Staff of Crystal Light, or the Crystal Staff Of Magius....


would fade from that plane of existance the moment another's hand touched it.


Also, you seemed to have forgotten one of my earlier statements....Wylin's spells on the staff render it useless to anyone but Wylin...once another's hand touches it, it will return to it's own dimension, only able to be called back to this plane by Wylin....


BIC: Wylin's eyes widened in shock, but no sooner did Karina dissapear with the staff, Wylin Laughed mockingly. "The balance will not tip..." She said, and muttered a soft word....and the staff returned to her hand.

"Lady Karina obviously doesn't realize who she is dealing with...." She said, her laughter like crystal bells.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/11/2003 2:18 PM

OOC: Ah, well now we have a folly in Karina's plan, and i've learened something.

"Blast!" SHe yelled, as the Staff dissapeared from the pestal. Nodding thoughtfully, she smiled. "So..she does have more Majere then i expected. I have mistaken her for a fool. And i have shown my magic!" Swearing obsencely, she whispered more words of magic, and reappeared very near the others, who, besides Kalia, were fuming.

She looked at them all in turn, and her glanced stopped at Wylin. "I am impressed by you, Wylin Majere. It appears that you are smarter then you appear. If you wish it so, you may attempt to kill me. But you wont get far. Oh, and sorry for stealing your staff."

Her gaze then came to a rest on Palin, and scruntized him even more then normal. With a hideous grin, she pulled down her hood. "Palin Majere, Son of Caramon, you seem to be at quiet a disadvantage. I am very much magical, as is Wylin for she is a dragon."

Karina laughed, a high, mirthless laugh. "It seems the one who started it is the only with out magic!" MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

PrincessOfDarkness
03/11/2003 2:19 PM

OOC: Ah, well now we have a folly in Karina's plan, and i've learened something.

"Blast!" SHe yelled, as the Staff dissapeared from the pestal. Nodding thoughtfully, she smiled. "So..she does have more Majere then i expected. I have mistaken her for a fool. And i have shown my magic!" Swearing obsencely, she whispered more words of magic, and reappeared very near the others, who, besides Kalia, were fuming.

She looked at them all in turn, and her glanced stopped at Wylin. "I am impressed by you, Wylin Majere. It appears that you are smarter then you appear. If you wish it so, you may attempt to kill me. But you wont get far. Oh, and sorry for stealing your staff."

Her gaze then came to a rest on Palin, and scruntized him even more then normal. With a hideous grin, she pulled down her hood. "Palin Majere, Son of Caramon, you seem to be at quiet a disadvantage. I am very much magical, as is Wylin for she is a dragon."

"If you wish to know where mine is from, i can assure you i am mortal. If you want to know where, then you have to confront me. And i will stare at your soul, to see if you are worthy. And you will feel it."
MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/11/2003 5:01 PM

Wylin stared at Karina calmly, her hands closing once more around the Crystal Staff, her cobalt eyes warning the darker woman away. "I have no wish to kill you....Evil will turn upon itself. I also do not need you to stare within my soul...for we are related you and I....." She said softly, and turned away to stand close to Palin.

"Isn't that Right....Aunt Karina.....don't worry....your secret is safe with me....as safe as my staff is from your covetous grasp." She said, her smile mocking.

The_Thorn
03/11/2003 9:17 PM

Wart drank his beer and ate his eggs in the inn, watching the exchange outside. It was better then watching a play by the Players of Gilean. He finished his breakfast and headed outside with his beer."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Jorza
03/11/2003 11:49 PM

Palin yawned and waited for the women to cease their squabbling. He turned his eyes onto the dark one.

“Yet again must I remind you Karina to pay attention to what was said before! If you truly believe that I am without power then you are more foolish than I originally gave you credit for. I cannot be blamed for your forgetfulness of what was so clearly stated at the beginning of our quest.”, the white mage said with mocking tones.

He looked to Wylin and smiled gently. A hand cupped her face fondly.

“Now I understand much”, he said. The old mage returned his attention to his companions.

“We have a strong ally in our number but we must still face the might of a demon horde and to do that, we must use stealth for we are sadly outnumbered. Our weapons will be out wit and courage in the face if such stark adversity”.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

[Edited by Jorza on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 11:50 PM]

PrincessOfDarkness
03/12/2003 8:06 AM

Karina glanced at Wylin and Palin. She sneered at the White Robe.

"Then tell me, Palin, where does your magic come from? Your 'Power'? The gods are gone. If you have any and tell me, then i will say where my magic originates from as well. I believe you'll get quite a shock....or maybe you'll be expecting it."

Then she looked at Wylin. "I believe i have mistaken you for a fool, something i dont do often. As for my secret, i'm sure it will come, regardless of wether Palin tells me of his magic or not. And...about that evil comment, the good dragons say that often, dont they? I am not merely evil, not evil as Lord Ariakas or Feal-thas, the dark elf of Ice Wall, who housed a Dragon orb and was stabbed by Sturm..i beilive, who died. I am much more in the catagory of Raistlin Evil..I do what I want, when i want, how i want. If you considered that as evil, then i suppose i am."

OOC~
What i intend to do is eventually drop little things that she could not possibly know (Such as knowing Feal'Thas and all that stuff) and eventually someone who say something as "How could she know that??!"

The fact that Karina hasnt aged and Palin hasnt also is a hint, but that goes along with being a quarter elven. MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

PrincessOfDarkness
03/15/2003 6:28 PM

OOC: I Just wanted to bring this back to the top of the list. I love this thread! MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Jorza
03/16/2003 7:09 AM

Turin could not accept these turn of events as casually as his uncle did. Palin had been in the world for far more years than Caramon’s young grandson and the unseasoned warrior had still much to learn and see for himself.

That the beautiful woman so well known to the family, who had spent many a night under his mother’s roof was truly a dragon- a mythical creature as far fetched as the idea of the Gods themselves was unholy to him.

He could not help the feeling of rage that blinded him as he turned away from her. She had lied to them. She had deceived them. That cold rational part of his mind told him that she had probably done what she thought was best to protect herself, and others, but his emotions were beyond control.

A moment ago, he had suggested that they summon a demon to fight the horde that was slowly marching south from the Northern district. Now it seemed that they had such a demon in their midst after all.

A demon dragon, and she had the face of an angel. He clamped his mouth shut tightly. What cruet twist of fate was this?

Palin was not completely unaware of his nephew's feelings but he knew that the boy would do nothing to threaten the harmony of the group.

"We must set out once more" said the white robe firmly. Turin nodded his consent.The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Kalia_Majere
03/16/2003 2:21 PM

Wylin saw the turmoil in Turin's face...and guilt immediatly plauged her....tore at her heart. She swallowed hard.....

"I will scout ahead if that is alright uncle...if any would like to accompany me...they would be most welcome." She smiled wanely, and waited for any acceptance or denial from the group.

She had been born a twin of eight siblings....but since her birth she had always felt alone....even from her twin Silar (SkyTouch). If she had to she would go it alone again....but part of her was tired, young as she was, and needed companions.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/16/2003 4:13 PM

"I would be honored to accompany you, Wylin." Karina said and gave an honest bow. "I would like to know more about you. My mother talked about dragons all the time...she never mentioned Graygems."

She looked at Palin. "That is, unless SOME people want me to stay here." MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/16/2003 4:39 PM

"it would be a pleasure Karina....My mother always said, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." She smiled as she said this and shifted form.

The grey crystal scales glinted silver in the sunlight, dove-grey feathered wings stretched to their fullest. She turned her head and looked at turin, her eyes filled with as sadness that she was shocked to feel.

"Your mother never knew us...." She stated plainly, her eyes darting back to Karina... "She only knew her own son....My pater..." She spoke the old word carefully, studying Karina's face, knowing that Palin already knew.

"Mother was the last remaining daughter of Paladine...She and Father where created by the God Gilean, She and Father where destined to meet....and mate. The GreyGems are symbols of ultimate balance..." She stated calmly, lowering one wing so that Karina could climb aboard.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/16/2003 7:02 PM

OOC: as far as i knew (which isnt very far, so explain if i'm wrong) Wylin didnt know Karina was a demigodess yet.

BIC~
Karina marveled at Wylin. Her scales glinted off the sunlight and made them look platium. Grinning to herself, she walked onto Wylin.

"Yes...it is a rather wise saying. I suppose i am...going agaisnt it." SHe looked at Palin. "Well, MY mother always said to be one step ahead of your enemies."

She grabbed onto Wylin's mane to brace herself so she would not fall off.

"I am ready to go when you are, Wylin Majere." MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

PrincessOfDarkness
03/16/2003 7:02 PM

OOC: as far as i knew (which isnt very far, so explain if i'm wrong) Wylin didnt know Karina was a demigodess yet.

BIC~
Karina marveled at Wylin. Her scales glinted off the sunlight and made them look platium. Grinning to herself, she walked onto Wylin.

"Yes...it is a rather wise saying. I suppose i am...going agaisnt it." SHe looked at Palin. "Well, MY mother always said to be one step ahead of your enemies."

She grabbed onto Wylin's mane to brace herself so she would not fall off.

"I am ready to go when you are, Wylin Majere." MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/16/2003 7:16 PM

OOC: Wylin's grandmother could be considered to be The Queen of Darkness....and she has sensed the ties in blood with Karina....she doesn't know the extent of Karina's power, but she does know of the lineage... Just cuz Navare was Takhisis's scion, didn't make him a God. See what I mean?

BIC: Wylin launched herself into the air with one powerful leap into the sky. Her wings bore her more quickly to the skies than any "Natural" dragon of Krynn. She flew high and at a leisurely pace, her eyes scanning the ground below.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/17/2003 1:44 PM

OOC: Now i understand. Thx! ^_^
I should probaly do a family tree here

BIC~
"Now i see why the Dragonarmies liked their dragons so much." Karina said, enjoying the ride throughly.

She leaned down near Wylin's face. "So tell, DO you know?"

She was well aware that a normal human or elf wouldnt be able to breathe easily at such a high altitude, but that didnt bother her. MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Kalia_Majere
03/17/2003 2:36 PM

BIC: Since i have a basic grasp on this plot, I'm gonna add a little challenge here.

BIC: Wylin didn't answer verbally, her mindtouch abilities were sharper than her twins'. she tilted her head, so that one large blue eye stared straight at Karina.

Tell what? I know that you are related to me by blood....your mother is my Grandmother...My father was her last surviving son.

She turned her head back and continued to scan ground ahead. Her keen vision caught movement in the forest miles ahead.

Look...you see that? She asked and circled a little higher. She could see a line of people, all dressed in odd robes, several carrying torches, the figures where lined two by two and the two foremost in the unadorned robes carried insence censors hung from long chains.

The next two figures wore robes similar to the ones behind, only theirs was trimmed in red. A young woman in white was being led between them, and by all appearances, she didn't want to go. The leader, was dressed in solid black robes that glittered and glinted in the sun....the cloak the figure wore was lined in red, and his head was covered. He carried a staff of black marble, a black sphere at the top.

Even from this distance she could see the vile black aura that surrounded the figure. Wylin turned her eyes to Karina.

Should we go back for the others? She aksed

PrincessOfDarkness
03/18/2003 2:33 PM


Should we go back for the others? She aksed


Karina smiled at Wylin. "Yes...I'm not only related to three gods, but a dragon too. Strange."

Glancing at the people down there, she pondered. "I would like to see what's going on." she said to the dragon. "However, they don't seem to be in the Conclave..and I am in it. That, unofficially, makes me have to go see what's going on, but i never really cared for their laws."

She though for a second and nodded to herself. "How about this? I'll check it out, and you go back and tell them. I can get away myself, but come back for me anyway. ASAP, preferably."

She glanced at the white-robed figure and the evil one with the aura that she sensed clearly. "For some reason, I would like to see what the White Robe has to say. I wonder what's come over me." MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Straea
03/19/2003 10:15 AM

Talia was a bit upset at not seeing the interesting thing at dawn, whatever it was, but she wasn't going to let that spoil her fun. She liked the pretty pony she was riding, and all the people she was riding with. Currently, she was trying to tell the Sivak a tale about her Uncle Tas. She didn't think he was listening. That didn't phase her though. All it meant was that she would have to find an audience that would listen to her. Like....Palin maybe. She rode up to him and smiled.
"Hey Palin, how well did you know my Uncle Tas?" she asked him, hoping for an excuse to tell one of her stories.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

Jorza
03/22/2003 8:26 AM

Palin smiled at the kender who was always so unfailingly cheerful and optimistic; it made him almost envious at times.

“I knew Tas from when I was no more than a baby myself,” said Palin. “He often took Dezra and I on some wild adventures and I remember that mother would always scold him when he brought us back, completely stained in bog-slime or covered in tumble weeds; and grinning from ear to ear because we’d had so much fun with our Uncle Tas”. The old man grinned at the fond memory. “Poor mother, she had her handful with us kids”.

As he said this, the old man’s gaze drifted over the motley band of men and women who now rode with him. Palin thought soberly, I have my hands just as full with this task.

Turin remained silent and ignored the talkative kender. For reasons of his own, he was not feeling very communicative. Palin however was eager for a tale to rid him of his grave thoughts of what lay ahead and was more than willing to humour the bright kender. The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Kalia_Majere
03/22/2003 5:41 PM

Wylin circled low and landed with a double hop, one wing brushing the ground so that Karina could jump off.

"I'll be back with the rest!" She said and lept back into the air. She headed back in the direction they had come, flying higher this time, as the clouds hid her form in their grey mists.

she spotted the group below, with Palin and turin in the lead, she folded her wings and dived, flying low over them, and shifting in mid-air. She landed with cat-like grace, her gray and silver robes fluttering about her.

"We've got trouble up ahead.....some priests of some kind, looks like they plan some sort of blood sacrifice....Karina stayed behind, come on...I'll lead you to it...." She turned, and shifted again, this time her form was much smaller, no larger than a harpy-eagle, her wings outstretched now to only 10 feet, her Body only fifteen feet long, she used her magics to leave a silvery trail for the group to follow, as she sped through the trees.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/22/2003 6:01 PM

OOC: I'm going to RP the priests, if you dont mind.

BIC~
Karina drew her hood over her face, and walked over.

"Greetings. What have you stumbled upon?"

The priest growled threatening and punched the white robe in the face. "Only scum of Paladine. You need not worry. Do you serve Nuitari, or Tahkisis?"

"Both and neither. Why?"

"Mages are to be despised." The priest answered with genuine hate. "They only use what should not be given to them at all."

"I see." Karina said to herself but was, in her mind, knocking this guys lights out. "So you not only captured her for her mageness, but also becuase she is one of Paladine's chosen?"

"Presicely, brother."

"What do you intend to do with her?"

"We need pure blood, and alot, for a ritual to the Demons."

"Ah, a sacrafical ritual. May i question her first?"

"If you must. But be quick."

Karina roughly pulled the White Robe aside and whispered. "quiet! I have no intention of harming you! Just tell me who they are!" MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

[Edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 6:33 PM]

Straea
03/23/2003 6:16 AM

OOC: Who's going to rp the chic who's in danger of becoming a sacrifice?

BIC~Talia was about to go into one of her favorite Uncle Tas stories, when Wylin came back and told them about the strange people up ahead. This sounded interesting. Talia had never seen a sacrifice before, and even though it would probably be a neat experience, she doubted she wanted to see one today.

"Are we going to go help the unlucky person Palin?" she asked hopefully.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

PrincessOfDarkness
03/24/2003 9:12 AM

Swearing to herself, she grabbed the girl roughly and whispered.

"Look, i've got people that will help you out of this shithole!"

She telepathically contacted Wylin. *Wylin, i need you to get over here, now! These people are gonna kill her, and i've only got a couple minutes of time with her. We need a last minute rescue.*

MY AVATAR DOESNT BELONG TO ME->(C) Brian Clevinger

Dannie: Hey, you know there's a new birth control drug out. Guess what the side effects are?
Hellforge: Heart Attack, stroke, and death?
Me: Pregnancy?

***
In the name of the Dark Queen
Karina Half-Elven Majere
Princess of Darkness

Jorza
03/25/2003 11:24 AM

OOC: There is no dark queen in this princess. It might have been better to say that the magess was going to be sacrificed to the demons. And that what we are about to do is have our first run in with the cult we are so desperately seeking?

Straea- you take over the magess character if you like...

lets see where this goes:

BIC:

Palin's frown was dark. He glanced once at Turin and soon the two were speeding after Wylin. As they neared the priests, they crouched in the bushes and watched Karina as she approached the other group.

Palin cursed under his breadth.

"I just hope that witch knows what she is up against!", he hissed. The time has come, the Walrus said, to speak of many things. Of ships and shoes and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings.

Straea
03/26/2003 8:12 PM

The young woman glared at the dark robed woman. She twisted out of the womans grasp and stood to her full height.
"The name is Aria," she said coldly. "And you help would be appreciated, if not required considering the circumstances."
She cast a meaningful glance to the group that was watching them with unmasked hostility.Oh, I'm sorry, is this yours? You must have dropped it. You know, it's a good thing I found it for you. Here you go.

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com