[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > The Future Fellowship II: Tide of War

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Flandrake
11/09/2002 8:48 PM

OOC: Well here it is FF#2 it is time to continue one of the greatest stories every created.

IC: Lash ran his hands through his red hair as he stared out on the horizon. He had lost count of the days he missed sleep, now it didn't matter he had almost died the night before fighting an elven assassin. He spent most of the day talking to the mayor and guard commander. He was going to go further north to Solmania. He stared out into the sun wondering what had come of the others....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerad felt great, he was riding a beautiful silver dragon that shined in the moring sunlight. Though he wasn't quite sure of his companions; a half-drunk cleric, a barbarian, a gnome, and a crazy mage. He distrusted the mage but in these changing times magic wasn't the thing the knights should fear. He was going to rescue a black mage after all. He looked over the valley below and moved his head up and saw a black dot off in the distance as they moved closer he saw the city, "SQUALL!" He shouted over the rushing wind,"I can see the city, we should reach the city soon."

Alanded
11/10/2002 3:43 AM


IC: Lash ran his hands through his red hair as he stared out on the horizon. He had lost count of the days he missed sleep, now it didn't matter he had almost died the night before fighting an elven assassin. He spent most of the day talking to the mayor and guard commander. He was going to go further north to Solmania. He stared out into the sun wondering what had come of the others....


Lord Tloluvin looked resignedly through the reports on his desk again. "Are you sure of these figures?" he asked wearily.

"Absolutely, milord." Blaise didn't even look up from the dispatches that he was busy penning at his own desk. The scribe's elegant sript flowed evenly from one end of the parchment to the other, the quill moving with swift flowing strokes.

"Even with favourable winds, the fleet couldn't possibly make it to Palanthas for weeks. Palanthas could have fallen by then! With most of its knights elsewhere, the High Clerist's Tower couldn't possibly hope to reinforce the city militia!"

"Perhaps there's some other way?" Worf said, the guard captain still nursing his wounds from the fight last night. "If the Solamnics were to muster their garrison from Kalaman, it might hold them long enough for some of the other knights from the other outposts to get there."

"It might have worked, if the southern keeps themselves weren't already stretched thin from the Sanction campaign. Is there any chance that we could expect help from your Order?" Tloluvin said, directing his gaze at the Red Robe sitting by the roaring fireplace.

Meldius glanced coolly back at him. "You know as well as I do that both the White and Red robes have already diverted many of our number to aid in your assault against Sanction. No, I'm afraid that there is nothing that we can do to help Palanthas. Unless of course, you would be willing to turn to the Black Robes for assistance..." His lips curled upwards in a slight, mocking smile.

"Are you suggesting that we just give up?" Worf roared indignantly, "we should at least contact the elves and the dwarves, have them muster to aid us in battle!"

"Emissaries have already been sent, Captain. But I was not suggesting that we simply surrender Palanthas to the enemy. There is, so the provrbial saying goes, more than one way to skin a cat."

"What are you suggesting?" Lord Tloluvin said, watching the Red Robe keenly.

"Let them take Palanthas. If they hold true to custom, the Lords will surrender rather than see their city come to harm, especially after having been sacked once already by Dragon Highlord Kitiara. They will undoubtedly use it as their base of operations. What WE will do is send in a small band of men to assassinate their leaders. Sever the head and the body will die. Tanis Half-Elven proved that when he slew Lord Ariakan in Takhisis' temple, I see no reason for it not to work again."

Silence filled the room as the others considered the mage's words. "But who will we send?" Tloluvin said at last, the Lord's face filled with doubt.

"A once favoured son of Gilean is among you, you have already met him, I believe. He and his companions should suffice. Send for the one called Time and his companions, the tiefling and the mage."

OOC: Flan, Tiem, Merle, you guys at Smiley's Inn? Or somewhere else???

Alanded
11/10/2002 4:08 AM

"All right you filthy swabs!" Rukh roared. The minotaur's voice rang out loudly amidst the encampment. "We take Westia tonight! Grab your gear and get moving!" Instantly the camp exploded into a flurry of movement as goblins, minotaurs and ogres hurreid to their tasks. The minotaur watched the goings on with satisfaction, turning around as the flap of the command tent was thrown open and Ashkhan DroGobul himself stepped out to survey the work.

"They work well, and quickly." the war leader observed.

"Just as well for them," Rukh said darkly. A menacing growl in his voice.

"Where is Detan (soaringeagle) and his men?"

"They've already boarded the airship, Warleader."

"Then join them, but do not interfere unless necessary. We will see how well the new chief leads his men."

"Yes, Warleader." The minotaur had already turned away when the Ashkhan called his name again.

"Rukh."

"Yes, Warleader?"

"Make it clear to Captain Rei (doombug) that I want Westia captured intact. There will be no bombing, is that understood?"

The minotaur bowed and quickly made his way towards the as yet still tethered airship. The moment he was on board, he gave a loud shout. "DETAN!!! REI!!! SKITZ!!!! Where are you three malingerers?"

OOC: Soaring, just made you ogre chief to a band of 50 ogres. Which I think would kinda weigh the same as a hundred stout men. :D
Anyways, gather around everyone, it's time for the mission briefing!

Oh and Airiana, you might want to wait a bit, or you could look out for your entry reference in the mission briefing.

BTW Rashitan, I'll post for your side later, there's no time left now, sorry. Of course, if you could think of soemthing, feel free to work it in. :D:D:D

eswiftfire
11/10/2002 11:34 AM


"SQUALL!" He shouted over the rushing wind,"I can see the city, we should reach the city soon."


"You state the obvious." Squall Windtide, the menacingly huge yet sensitive barbarian, snorted. He stared at the panaromic view below, sprawled before him like a map, his cloak billowing behind him in a really cool manner.

Marduk Baal, the really fat HUMAN cleric of REORX muttered something. Either it was a prayer to his god or some swear word. No one knew. He was too smelly for anyone to lean near him.

"Yes! Accordingtomycalculations, wewillbereachingthisdangeousplaceknownasNerakawithin..." The gnome who actually possesses inventions that work, Parvatisisaresnatesekerhelurdareslamtegrlaoujimithrazazel, or just known to everyone else as Parvatis, began saying crap that could only be understood by himself or other gnomes.

"Yay. I am so excited." Eliar Swiftfire, alien magicless mage, said unexcitedly as he combed his spiky hair.

SoaringEagle
11/10/2002 2:18 PM

OOC: 50 ogers sound ok to me.

BIC: As soon as the minotaur shouted his name a oger appeared by the minotaur. He was a taller than any other person on the airship and when he walked it sounded like a rock was slammed againsts the ground. " Time for the breifing already?" The oger had a deep and menacing voice which made him so frightening. "Ok lets get this over with." He stood there waiting for the other two.

Flandrake
11/10/2002 4:04 PM


"A once favoured son of Gilean is among you, you have already met him, I believe. He and his companions should suffice. Send for the one called Time and his companions, the tiefling and the mage."


Lash looked up at the sound of footsteps. He saw a guard and nodded to him, "So have the commanders finally made their decision of what to do..." Lash looked back inside the inn. He hadn't been able to sleep well the over exertion of his devil powers had given him dreams even he didn't want to remember. He shuddered and looked back at the guard, "The other two are in side I'll wait out here for you." Lash looked down at his left side to make certain his pack was still there. "I wonder what they have planned for us now?" Lash said to himself.

OOC:Hey Alan if Merle doesn't come back for a little while I'll play her character till then. Since it wouldn't make sense if she wasn't here or have you talked to her. Or maybe you have something else in mind?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerad glared at Squall from behind his helm. He wasn't sure how the group would manage to get into the city let alone stay alive long enough in order to save Rashitan. He gripped his sword and glared down at the ever aproching city.

OOC: Alan do you have a name for the commander at the High Clerist Tower or will I make a guy up. Also did Kalaman send troops for the Sanction attck?

Kitiara99
11/10/2002 4:30 PM

OOC: Any room for new characters? Not that I have any clue what's going on... but I can try! :) :) I did read some of the first thread... and some of Eliar's summaries!

QueshuWarrior
11/10/2002 5:36 PM

Quaide stood there, thirty feet above the great city of Palanthalas. No, he was not riding on a dragon, not quite yet. The 8 foot giant was simply standing guard on the cities great walls.

In addition to his great size, Quaide was trained in fighting since he was six years old. He was twenty nine now and is an amazing soldier. Quaide was raised by the Yukalays, an evil tribe of the plains. He fought many battles and raided many villages by the chiefs orders. One day he realized all the suffering and death he brought to innocent people. He then ran away from the Yukalays, and head to Palanthalas, where he was enlisted in the army. He decided from that day on to prevent the suffering of innocents.

Quaide was staring out at the horizon. He held his two sided hammer, a lethal weapon made by the giant. He was silent, as he always was when on duty. He was alerted by a guard running up the stairs to his post.

" Good afternoon Quaide." the man said. He handed the giant a scroll.

" You have been summoned to the High Clerists Tower." said the man with a smile. His smile then turned to a frown.

" I feel war brewing." the man said as he looked out onto the horizon with fear. " I feel it just like everyone else! These evil forces, they are different from the past ones."

The man snapped out of his transe and continued.

" Oh yes, I forgot. Give that to the commander when you get the the tower." the man said pointing to the scroll now in Quaides hands.
" And be careful friend." said the man, embracing the giant the best he could.

With that Quaide went down the stairs to the street. Waiting for him was a caravan filled with about twenty of his fellow soldiers.

" Hey guys look! Quaides comin along with us." one of the men said as the giant stepped onto the back of the carivan.

"Ready to kill some goblins?!" asked Quaide in excitement.

" I wish goblins were all that troubled us." answered a soldier back with a sigh.

Quaide began to think what would await him. How large were these new evil forces everyone was talking about?

The carivan started up and all the soldiers fun and excitement was destroyed. All were silent, waiting for evil to come........

Alanded
11/10/2002 5:49 PM


As soon as the minotaur shouted his name a oger appeared by the minotaur. He was a taller than any other person on the airship and when he walked it sounded like a rock was slammed againsts the ground. " Time for the breifing already?" The oger had a deep and menacing voice which made him so frightening. "Ok lets get this over with." He stood there waiting for the other two.


"Bloody maggots! I should feed them to the dragon hatchlings for making me wait!!!!" Rukh said. "Detan, are your men ready?"

Alanded
11/10/2002 6:08 PM


OOC: Alan do you have a name for the commander at the High Clerist Tower or will I make a guy up. Also did Kalaman send troops for the Sanction attck?


OOC:

Yes, they did. The temporary Solamnic garrison there is also going to be very "busy" soon, too. If you really want to, you have creative license with the name, otherwise, it'll be Lord Gunthar Uth Wistan, just as it was in the Legends trilogy (he'll be ten years older now though)

Oh and as for Qualinost, Silvanost and Thorbardin, since no one is playing any chars that start there, I'll be giving proceedings there in the form of reports and rumours, OK? That way, these places will still be in the thread, and it won't look like the entire campaign was fought just in Palanthas, Westia, and Neraka.


Hey Alan if Merle doesn't come back for a little while I'll play her character till then. Since it wouldn't make sense if she wasn't here or have you talked to her. Or maybe you have something else in mind?


OOC:
Well, no need to worry, till she gets back, I have a logical and PERFECT plot device to temporarily remove her from the story for a while.



"The other two are in side I'll wait out here for you." Lash looked down at his left side to make certain his pack was still there. "I wonder what they have planned for us now?" Lash said to himself.


"Correction, tiefling. Only one remains within. The other has already left." The speaker strode out from the doorway of the inn, his black robes seeming to draw in the very light around him. "A meeting of the Black Robes has been called, her presence is required."

"Captain Worf won't be happy about this", the guard said nervously. "He told me to bring ALL of you to the Lord's manor."

"That does not concern me, drone. I simply wished to spare her companions unnecesaary worry over her sudden absence. I am here by the command of the head of my Order. Now that I have fulfilled my task, I shall take my leave."

There was a brief flash of light and the faint pop of inrushing air filling a vacuum, and when the guard could see again, the Black Robe was already gone.

"This is not going well..." he said resignedly as he entered the inn in search of Time.

Alanded
11/10/2002 6:14 PM


OOC: Any room for new characters? Not that I have any clue what's going on... but I can try! :) :) I did read some of the first thread... and some of Eliar's summaries!


OOC:
I guess it depends on who you're gonna be. We need more heroes actually, but if you wanna be a villain I won't say no, (Hey, if this turn' out to be one of those stories where evil wins, you all won't get mad at me right?) It might help for you to look through the "OOC: We need more people" thread Flandrake set up as a recruitment center.

Alanded
11/10/2002 6:33 PM


The carivan started up and all the soldiers fun and excitement was destroyed. All were silent, waiting for evil to come........


Hidden eyes watched the caravan leave, and several minutes after the caravan left, two riders rode through the very same gates, the riders careful to keep their distance away from the caravan while they were so close to the city walls.

***

For Rash:

[Vhelor's holdfast, Neraka]

Thomas had already spent four years in the stronghold, yet he never ceased to be amazed at its vastness and scale, it was so big it could easily be MISTAKEN for a small city from the air. Following behind Nightlord Ceres and the Lady Rashitan, he wondered at the conversation they were having.

"tried the common words of command, the basic binding rituals... not working... perhaps we lack some ingredient, or some focus... Galan Dracos... greatest work..." was about all he managed to make out of what Ceres had been saying for the past fifteen minutes that they'd been walking to the officer's mess hall.

Something about binding an emerald sphere??? It makes no sense to me at all, he thought to himself.

OOC: Just a way to introduce Rash into the new thread. More stuff will happen once you get into the mess hall.

Doombug
11/11/2002 4:41 AM


Bloody maggots! I should feed them to the dragon hatchlings for making me wait!!!!

Rei appers covered in black soot and blood from head to foot.

" Sorrys for making ya sir some trouble with the engines but its fixed now and we will be able to leave on time "

"One of my goblins thought it would be fun to throw on the goblin cheif from the camp for severing them bad food"

Rei comely starts to brush off the soot and blood then bowed to the minotaur.

Alanded
11/11/2002 7:02 AM


Rei appers covered in black soot and blood from head to foot.

" Sorrys for making ya sir some trouble with the engines but its fixed now and we will be able to leave on time "

"One of my goblins thought it would be fun to throw on the goblin cheif from the camp for severing them bad food"

Rei comely starts to brush off the soot and blood then bowed to the minotaur.


"I'm not waiting any longer,you can brief your mage about the plans when you meet him. And tell him the next time he's late, I'm going to have the chef fatten him up and roast him over a slow, hot fire before feeding him to the hounds, you hear me?"

Without waiting for a reply, he stalked over to a nearby table, unrolling the large map that he'd brought with him. (Flandrake, this is important for you to if you're playing the defending knights.)

"This is Westia," he gestured with a clawed finger at a point on the map. "The Solamnics have made it their main base in the Southlands, and the Warleader wants to capture it intact. Therefore we will NOT be BOMBING it, do I make myself clear???" He said the last while glaring at Captain Rei.

'Your duty is to get Detan and his men into the fortress courtyard. From there," Rukh turned to regard the ogre, "it will be YOUR task to seize control of the gates and open them to the Blood Eagles and Howling Moons ogre clans that are waiting outside the fortress gates."

"There are over three hundred knights in Westia, do not try to fight them on your own, your task is to make sure the gates are open. How the both of you go about your tasks is no concern of mine, so long as they are accomplished. I will be here simply to watch."

He turned to head off towards his quarters, before suddenly turning around again. "One more thing. Scouts have reported seeing an oddly coloured, red and silver dragon in the vicinity. While I doubt such a thing actually exists, the two of you would do well to keep an eye out for anything unusual." With that, he stomped off to his cabin, leaving the two to plan their strategies for their mission.

Dark_Master
11/11/2002 7:44 AM

OOC: Sorry for taking soo long, i've been busy working and have had some personal troubles, where do you want Time? I suppose somewhere near Lash?

UndeadDragon
11/11/2002 8:20 AM

Skitz, a goblin of greenish-blue skin, came walking up behind Rei, munching on a handful of cheese. His hair was a pinkish mohawk, although the goblin always insisted it was red.

"Hey, Rei! Hows it goin? I heard all that junk that one 'sir' dude said. He seemed a bit angry, so I was just leaning against a tree and eating my cheese...."

After saying cheese, Skitz's eyes widen remembering he had some and began devouring what was left in his hand.

"Mmmm.... I love cheese." The goblin begins a high-pitched giggle, but then his left eyelid begins to twitch and his eyes roll back for a minute, and then his face goes back to normal.

Skitz speaks, but with a deeper voice and a sense of seriousness, "ALRIGHT! Are we going to get this over with, fools? I suggest we get in this damned contraption now. Well, REI?"

The goblin then walked up the ramp into the ship, his black robes flying back, showing his many spell books at his waist.

Doombug
11/11/2002 12:27 PM

"Skitz... Skitz... Skitz" Rei said as he wandered up the gang plank.

" Garak get start the engine and raise the gangplank"

Garak:"Yesss sirrrr lifting off now" Garak reaches up and grabs a rope and speaks into one end. "start the enging now".

Rei slowly wanders off to his cabin...

OOC: ehehehe short but it works

SoaringEagle
11/11/2002 2:42 PM

As soon as everybody left the ogre went to where his little oger army was. "Ok now men I have just been informed that we have to open the gates to other oger groups. The ogers groaned. "But that still doesn't mean we can't take some filthy knights down!" The ogers cheared at this and raised their weapons. "Now we will have to wait awhile but soon we will attack!" He sat down and waited to be told when to move.

Flandrake
11/11/2002 5:30 PM

OOC: OKay Time, the guard can come in and get you from the inn. Then we'll go to the lord's house.

And Kit I would enjoy having you play just decide if you want to be a hero or vilian. Then read The last few posts Eliar made in "Looking for New People" and tell us the character. Then you can fit into the story whichever way seems best.

Alan I will use a new general since W&H created that guy. Plus where is Westia I can't find it on my maps. Don't have time for anything else right now sorry.

eswiftfire
11/11/2002 6:49 PM

OOC: I suggest Eliar and Gerad make their sudden entrance AFTER Rashitan's scenes.

Alanded
11/12/2002 1:47 AM


Plus where is Westia I can't find it on my maps.


OOC:

I'm not surprised, the place was only mentioned once in Kaz the Minotaur, when Darius the knight was introducing himself. I'm not sure if it's even standing since it's a pre-cataclysmic reference, but since no other DL book I read mentioned anything about the southern Solamnic keeps (maybe they all got torched later on?) I decided to stick with that name. :D:D:D


Alan I will use a new general since W&H created that guy.


Might be a good idea, he'd be kinda old otherwise, about near 60, I'd think.

Alanded
11/12/2002 2:08 AM

OOC:

Doombug, Soaring and Undead. You three might want to discuss your attack plans, but if not, then you guys will leave at nightfall (which if you have nothing to say to each other, is RIGHT NOW)

Rukh will be on board as an observer. He'll only help in a REALLY serious emergency, otherwise, you three are on your own.

(Flan, read this too!)

Westia is at the base of the mountain range between Garnet and Lemish, to the south of Thelgaard (This is where I placed it since R.A Knaak didn't mention anything about where it was). Basically it's your standard four level square keep with an outer wall and four guard towers. Only one entrance in the west wall with a drawbridge over a moat and a portcullis traddling it. Then there's the usual stables, a smithy, and storehouses behind the wall. Any other details is up to Flan (if you want to add a barbican, deathholes or any of the other stuff go ahead). Just remember you have 220 knights versus Detan's 50 ogres and the 180 more outside the walls. And of course, we've got plenty of goblins for battle fodder too! :D:D:D

BTW sorta slipped my mind, you had a flight of bronze dragons, but right now they're patrolling east of Thelgaard after there were sightings of a Red/Silver dragon there...

Alanded
11/12/2002 2:13 AM


OKay Time, the guard can come in and get you from the inn. Then we'll go to the lord's house.


After the unsettling encounter with the Black Robe, the guard left Lash and entered the inn, approaching the bartender. "Is there someone called Time here?" he asked.

Dark_Master
11/12/2002 2:44 AM

His eyes strode to the direction form which his name was called. Some guard stode before the bartender, Time stood up and walked across the floor, a practiced grace and precision following his wake. Stepping up behind the guard, Time spoke softly, but with a power that would command the stars themselves. "I am Time....whom is it that seeks me?"

Kitiara99
11/12/2002 1:01 PM

Since you need more heroes I'll play Avalyn, my half-Kagonesti cleric with some kender identity issues. As long as that works with what's going on... I've read the summaries, the "More People Needed" thread, and this thread and I think I get what's going on, hehe. Where do you want her to start?

QueshuWarrior
11/12/2002 4:35 PM

OOC: A suggestion; Kit maybe you could meet Quaide at the Clerist Tower. The caravan is arriving there now.

Quaide looked up as the caravan got closer to the High Clersit Tower.

" Its so beautiful!" said one of the soldiers.

The caravan stopped right in front of the gates. The caravan let down a small ramp and the soldiers started running out. It was a long ride and they needed to stretch.

The caravan driver in the front of the caravan dismounted and called over to a guard on the other side of the gate.

" Hey! The reinforcements are here!" he shouted above all the noise.

At that moment the guard seemed to have awoken from his nap and walked over to the gate. He unlocked the gate and opened it. The group of soldiers walked through, Quaide with his massive two sided hammer in his hands, was in the lead. The soldiers considered him the leader of their little band.

" Wait here for the Commander." said the guard.


OOC: Flan, you can come greet the group now.

Kitiara99
11/12/2002 5:24 PM

OOC: Good idea Queshu, I suppose I'll try that for now and if it's not ok I can always change it.

BIC: A tall woman with dark brown hair and somewhat elven features ambled down the road, swinging a beaten up old quarterstaff in the manner one would twirl a hoopak. A squirrel by the name of Squiget sat on her shoulder, chewing contently on an acron. She wasn't headed anywhere in particular, she had just spent a few weeks curing the various ills of a small village. She had enough gold for awhile and felt very well-rested. She decided it was time for a bit of an adventure, preferrally an exciting one.

She spotted the group and soldiers and strolled up to one of them. "Hey there, mind telling me what's going on? Didn't know there was a war on.... I'm Avalyn by the way, what about you?"

QueshuWarrior
11/12/2002 5:59 PM

Quaide greeted the woman as she approached him.

" Hello Avalyn. Thats a very pretty name. My name is Quaide." the giant extended his massive hands and shook the ladies much smaller ones.

" Personally, im a little hazy about the situation as well. Me and the other soldiers are waiting for the commander of this tower to tell us why we are here. "

" About war, i can only say that it exists and it is bound to come in the next month, so i am told. I also know that its very dangerous to be walkin around alone in times of war. Evil folk are everywhere! I suggest you stay with me and the boys for a while. Try to blend in, the commander might not let you in the High Clerist Tower. Just stay behind me." Quaide whispered to Avalyn.

" Hey Quaide! Whose the lady?" said one of the rowdier looking soldiers.

" Shush Monty! Her name is Avalyn! Dont make a scene!" Quaide shouted, getting everyones attention.

" Where is this Commander?" Quaide asked impatiently.

Alanded
11/13/2002 4:32 AM


I am Time....whom is it that seeks me?"


Bloden Guard:
"Uh... Milord Time! Captain Worf and Lord Tloluvin request the presence of you an your comapnions at Tloluvin Manor immdeiately. I have been sent to lead the way, so, if you have no objections, we should go now"

Alanded
11/13/2002 4:36 AM

OOC:

No one seems to be up for a strategy planning session, so...

BIC:

A goblin ran up to Detan, tugging timidly on his arm to get his attention.

"Great chief!!! Boss Rukh said you go up big flying ship now!!! Go to big stone hut for big fight!!!"

Airiana
11/13/2002 6:04 AM

OOC: Eekkk! Sorry guys, had some computer problems... but I'm okay now!

BIC: Airiana the Red/Silver Dragon flew high in the skies. Her powers were strong and her senses keen. The ancient Dragon felt a presense of other Dragons. A low rumble began in her throat. They were Good Dragons, Bronze to be exact. She glared in the direction of the Dragons. Knowing that they could not yet feel her presence, she laughed aloud. They wouldn't know what hit them.

In her ancient mind, she drudged up a forgotten magic, one that was known by the First Dragons, and spoke the words of the ancient magic aloud. Around her appeared around one thousand flying skeleton warriors.

They grouped themselves into platoons in the sky before her. Airiana now hovered lightly a couple thousand feet above the surface of Krynn. With her large claws, Airiana directed the skeletons' points of attack, and they flew off. A sadistic grin spread across Airiana's large, reptilian face. The Bronzes would be surrounded. It would be a hard fight.. if they survived long enough to fight at all.

After Airiana sent off her horde of skeleton warriors, she continued on her flight, towards Westia and the battle occuring there. 'I think I'll have fun today!' She thought, laughing. 'So many mortals to kill, so little time!'

OOC: Alanded, how is that? Oh, and do you want me to help your dark forces at all, or just kill a little of everyone? ..Just wondering.

~ ~ Airi

eswiftfire
11/13/2002 9:02 AM


he slew Lord Ariakan in Takhisis' temple


OOC: it's Ariakas, actually.

eswiftfire
11/13/2002 9:16 AM

OOC: Confession. I didn't REALLY read every single post carefully until few mins ago. Heh heh heh. WHERE IS RASHITAN????????

Doombug
11/13/2002 12:34 PM

The hugh ships lifts off the ground slow then faster and faster...
*engine room*
"More power I say more power"
*map room*
"So we will go west straight to here" Rei points to a small point of the map on the keep. "Right here that will give the ogers and perfect place to start don't you Think skitz?"

UndeadDragon
11/13/2002 1:47 PM

Skitz, back in his normal state of mind, nodded nonchalantly at Rei's plan. He was gazing thoughtfully at a whitish cheese, in his hands, with holes in it, tilting his head left and right, wondering why it was so.... holey.

When the ship gave a sudden lurch, Skitz yelped shrilly and almost dropped his oh-so-precious-swiss. The goblin glanced at Rei and said, "If we want to get to Westia alive, I think you best keep your pilot under control. No doubt they are being foolish again."

Skitz returned to his cheese, glancing and nibbling at it thoughtfully.

Dark_Master
11/13/2002 2:54 PM

Time nodded to the gaurd. "I have no objections....i thought he would have sent for me sooner...please...lead the way."

Flandrake
11/13/2002 3:16 PM

OOC: Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, I had a lot of homework. Anyways Alan I asume that I have at least one or bronze dragons with me for messages and stuff like that. Also I'll play the dwarves and elves too. But since they really aren't involved right now I'll leave it at that. But the elves could always help out westia if they could be warned in time and fly there by griffon. But wait the griffon's weren't listening to the elves because of that whole thing with Alhana(sp). But I could have some of Porithous's guys help. I agree with Ed we should wait for Rash.

IC: Devin Chalde Uth Kalter walk down the halls of the High Clerist Tower. He would greet the renforcements and ready them for battle but he feared for the other keeps. He had grown up in a time when the Solmanic Knights were changing. No longer were they devoted their code and measure, some had feeling as the great Sturm Brightblade had. Devin was among this group of knights. He was reaching his forties and had few gray hairs. He was of medium build and was skilled with his sword. He scratched at his brown moustaches and finally made it to the open air.

"Greetings," he paused so the soilders would have time to notice him. "You have all been moved here as a percaution. War may be coming our way once again. We have heard rumors of an army coming from the east." He heard murring among the group, "I am your new commander, Devin Chalde Uth Kalter. OUr time is at hand and we will once again show the forces of evil what we are made of!" There were cheers among the group but Devin new that ever since the dark knights the Solmanic knights were forever changed. He looked among the group for anyone he felt could lead this group for he new if he asigned one of his men the new fighter would not trust their leader. One stood out, he was a giant and had a leadership aura about him. Devin walked through the crowd and came to face the giant.

"Would these men follow you if you were their leader?" He noticed that there was a women behind him, a cleric. How strange he had heard nothing of a cleric coming but he would look into it later for now he wanted to know what this giant was made of.

Flandrake
11/13/2002 3:26 PM

Lash falled in right beside Time as the skitish guard led the way. Lash wondered what Dalamar had in mind for the black robes. He had met the elf before and liked his straight forward attidude. He kept silent feeling him and Time had nothing to say to each other. They knew the risks they were taking, they knew what might happen.

They reached the building and stood before the mayor listening to his plan.

"There are several problems with your plan Sir. One the Solmanics would not surrender their Tower as long as they stand. They would rather die than give in. We don't even know that they will attack there first! They Will most likely surrouned the city and take out major outposts. We would lose the knights and many more. I say I go now. I join their forces and stab them in the back or if you prefer, give me dragons, griffons, and riders and will attack them myself and defend the eastern border!"

OOC: I will talk about Westia later. I'm assuming that you don't want Lash to do this so I will change it if you want me to Al.

Kitiara99
11/13/2002 6:09 PM

Avalyn, despite her kender identity crisis, knew when to stay quiet. She tried to keep behind the giant Quaide and remain inconspicous. She could figure out what was expected of her later.

Alanded
11/13/2002 6:54 PM


"There are several problems with your plan Sir. One the Solmanics would not surrender their Tower as long as they stand. They would rather die than give in. We don't even know that they will attack there first! They Will most likely surrouned the city and take out major outposts. We would lose the knights and many more. I say I go now. I join their forces and stab them in the back or if you prefer, give me dragons, griffons, and riders and will attack them myself and defend the eastern border!"


"I did not say that we would let them take the High Clerist Tower, only Palanthas. The Solamnics have already pulled back their forces in Palanthas to reinforce the Tower." Lord Tloluvin said evenly. "And the enemy will strike at Palanthas first because it is an important trade center."

"They need it to help bolster their supply line. It's the only logical choice they have now since they no longer have a flying citadel to throw at us. Their plan involves hitting the High Clerist's Tower while it is still relatively undefended an in order to do so they will need Palanthas as a beach head."

"However what you suggested is somewhat like what we had in mind. We hope that you and your companion, Time, will be able to infiltrate them and kill their coanders. Meldius," he gestured to the White Robe, "will be able to help you get into the city. He has an active portal into Palanthas, which will save you some travelling time."

"Once in, you'll be on your own however, Meldius himself will be attending to other matters within the city. You should also be wary of Dalamar the Dark, we do not know where the Black Robes stand in all this, they do not seem to be flocking under the Dark Queen's banner, and yet that could simply be a ruse. Do you accept?"

Alanded
11/13/2002 7:08 PM


OOC: Alanded, how is that? Oh, and do you want me to help your dark forces at all, or just kill a little of everyone? ..Just wondering.

~ ~ Airi


OOC:
Either way is fine with me... though it would suck if you killed off any of the villain chara's so early, but the goblin and ogre NPC's are open kills tho'. :D

BIC:

They grouped themselves into platoons in the sky before her. Airiana now hovered lightly a couple thousand feet above the surface of Krynn. With her large claws, Airiana directed the skeletons' points of attack, and they flew off. A sadistic grin spread across Airiana's large, reptilian face. The Bronzes would be surrounded. It would be a hard fight.. if they survived long enough to fight at all.


Kemothis felt the prickling sensation that heralded dark magicka, like an unholy blight that spread across his senses. Somebody nearby must have done something really, really bad. The bronze dragon changed course, heading towards the disturbance.

Kemothis! It was Phironae, who as usual was lagging behind the others.

I felt a strange disturbance in the force. Kem explained.

... ??? Phiro ... and ???'d.

... I have no idea why I said that.

OOC: You want to RP this fight Airi, or leave it to me??

Alanded
11/13/2002 7:14 PM


When the ship gave a sudden lurch, Skitz yelped shrilly and almost dropped his oh-so-precious-swiss.


Rukh gingerly placed his next card. It was almost finished. The house of cards he'd been building out of boredom while cooped up in his cabin was a three-level architectural wonder of cardboard magnificence, all he needed to do now was place this last card...

Then the ship gave a sudden lurch, and the entire stack of cards collapsed.

"..."

"..."

"REI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Alanded
11/13/2002 7:26 PM

Two cloaked riders watched the High Clerist's Tower through spyglasses.

"Say Al! Weren't we supposed to ambush those reinforcements from Palanthas before they got to the High Clerist's Tower?" one said.

"Shut up Ed!" the other replied.

"I don't think spymaster Gant is going to be happy about this." the first one continued.

... I need a new partner, the other thought to himself.




OOC: With Eliar being a complete ass, I figure it falls on me and Skitz to provide the humour, least' till he gets back.

Ned, I know where you live. If you don't start doing SOMETHING soon, I'm gonna go over there and wring your neck. Slowly. With scented bootlaces.

OOC: Doombug... I sincerely hope you remembered to pick up Detan and his ogres before you left...

Nerautis
11/13/2002 10:23 PM

Well, you people sure rushed into this. Now I have no time to catch up because I'm either too depressed, too busy, or the computer is constantly taken from me. I can't read 42 replies that are half a novel long! So screw it.

Kill Rashitan or whatever, I don't give a crap. She sucks, she's a flat thing that has no personality, no interesting history, and she's a far cry from what she is in the real writing.

Besides, I'm tired of things being done or set up for me, I have no idea where to go from here because I certainly ain't the great writer some people make me out to be, so do whatever. If you need me to post making the fake Rashitan go away, I will, but otherwise get rid of her if you want. I can't continue.

Thanks for waiting.

Dark_Master
11/14/2002 12:51 AM

OOC: Uhm...wow...

Doombug
11/14/2002 4:42 AM


OOC: Doombug... I sincerely hope you remembered to pick up Detan and his ogres before you left...


OOC: Ya I did I shut the door after we talked there was no way off inless he jumped so they in da hold with da rest of them.

IC: "What the hell was that" Rei shouted at the driver...

"I don't know sir we must have a leak some were or we just hit some air currents".

Rei "those god damn ogres".

"thats it I am going down there to see what the hell they are doing to my ship". Rei walks out the cabin door and walks to the hold he opens the door and sees...

OOC:I aint going to control you guys so do somthing with what I gave ya got to run away to my horrible school now :(

eswiftfire
11/14/2002 10:34 AM

OOC: *sigh*

Dark_Master
11/14/2002 11:10 AM


We hope that you and your companion, Time, will be able to infiltrate them and kill their coanders.



Time nodded, logical as the plan was, he was still uncertain, but agreed anyway. "I accept the plan, when do you wish us to leave. I am ready whenever." His back itched slightly, he needed to stretch his cramped wings.

QueshuWarrior
11/14/2002 12:57 PM

OOC: No Nerautis! I LOVE YOU!!!

IC: Quaide walked in front of all the twenty soldiers.

" Yes, i guess I am their leader." Quaide said then turned back and smiled at his fellow soldiers who smiled back.

" I'll gladly be the leader of this small, yet powerful, fleet." Quaide shook Uth Kalters hand.

" So where do we sleep?" Quaide asked the commander, the soldiers cheering at the thought of sleep.

UndeadDragon
11/14/2002 2:21 PM


I figure it falls on me and Skitz to provide the humour, least' till he gets back.


OOC: Really? You think I am humorous? Kool. :D But I do hope Eliar starts to provide some humor soon, cuz I am not as good as he is. :p

BIC: Skitz, noticing Rei's slight out burst, rushed behind him, forgetting about his swiss cheese. When he got to the hold doorway, the goblin burst out a high-pitched giggle at the sight. The driver was batting off a couple of drunk goblins with one hand and picking his nose with the other, driving with his feet, and the janitor was dancing with his broom to unheard music.

Then Skitz's left eye twitched for a few minutes. His eyeball was rolled backwards in his head. Then his eye stopped twitched and he stomped toward the dancing janitor and pushed him on the ground. Then he went up to the two drunk goblins and grabbed them, then threw them to the side. He shook the driver and yelled at him, making the ship lurch a little more. the driver immediately put his hands on the wheel and his feet on the ground.

Skitz walked out of the hold and frowned at Rei. "You should supervise these idiots more closely, yes? And get rid of the booze as well!"

Flandrake
11/14/2002 7:25 PM

OOC: Well Rash if you really feel that way....I guess I can handle that with Gerad and Eliar arriving finding out that you are working with the "bad guys". They ("bad guys")might think your a double agent and kill you. But I really don't want to do that. Most of the posts are just about the orc and goblin group and don't have anything to do with your part of the story. Plus Elair could give u a summary and well please don't go.
*Holds back tears

IC: Lash looked at the mayor thoughtfully, "So if they have enough naval and airal troops to take Palanthas. I say we have no other choice." He turns to Time, "I guess were in another mess eh?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin smiled at the giant, "Good, I'm glad that they have a leader they can trust. Anyways after you are well rested I would like to see you so we can talk over what your group can do and where its place is. Simon!" A knight came rushing up, he was young and must have just came into the knighthood. "Take these soilders to their sleeping courters"

"Yeyeyes Sir." Simon turned to the group and motioned for them to follow him. As the group thundered by Devin went to the cleric he had seen earlier and grapped her arm, "Who are you? And why have you come to The High Clerist Tower?"

Dark_Master
11/15/2002 12:34 AM


"I guess were in another mess eh?"



"Such would seem the case, but i still feel un-easy about it all....somethingt isn't right with the plan.", he shrugged. "When are we to leave?"

Airiana
11/15/2002 9:08 AM

OOC:


OOC:
Either way is fine with me... though it would suck if you killed off any of the villain chara's so early, but the goblin and ogre NPC's are open kills tho'. :D


hehehehe... this could be fun!!! :D :P Well.. I'll do that later.


Kemothis felt the prickling sensation that heralded dark magicka, like an unholy blight that spread across his senses. Somebody nearby must have done something really, really bad. The bronze dragon changed course, heading towards the disturbance.

Kemothis! It was Phironae, who as usual was lagging behind the others.

I felt a strange disturbance in the force. Kem explained.

... ??? Phiro ... and ???'d.

... I have no idea why I said that.

OOC: You want to RP this fight Airi, or leave it to me??


Hmm.. well, you can do it. I don't have enough time right now to write it out, so... have fun! :D

~~ Airi

Kitiara99
11/15/2002 3:21 PM

Avalyn jumped. "Dearie Goodness! No need to be so agressive. Anyway, my name's Avalyn. I'm a cleric of Mishakal and an able fighter. I happened to be outside the tower, so I wandered in. If you're gearing up for a war, you might need a cleric about..." She flashed her most winsome smile, hoping it was enough.

QueshuWarrior
11/15/2002 3:22 PM

Quaide followed the knight, Simon, leaving the cleric with Devin.

Simon brought them to a hallway inside the tower. Down the hall were 5 doors on each side.

" The rooms are small, you can fit two or three people in each." said the knight before he went back outside.

" Oh well boys! Two in each. It's perfect! Hey Monty, lets buddy up." shouted Quaide to his soldiers. Monty walked inside the room and dropped his bag on a small bed. Quaide ducked through the door following him and placed down his hammer.

" Hey Quaide lets go see THE SITE!" Monty said with excitement. Quaide and Monty ran out of the room and made their way outside once again.

The two climbed the stairs way up to the highest walls. They finally got to where they were looking for. On the floor of the wide wall was a plaque.

" So this is where the great Sturm Brightblade fell." Monty said with a sigh.

" He died in battle, he was an honorable man." said Quaide as he bowed his head in mourning.
" Did you bring it?" Quaide asked Monty.
" Of course!" Monty said as he took a rose out of a pouch. He then gently placed the rose on the plaque.

They stood there silently then Quaide spoke up.

" We should be getting back, I have to meet with Devin about this WAR." Quaide said. Before the giant left, he crouched down on one knee and touched the plaque. The two friends walked off, patting each others back in encouragement. This war could bring many deaths........

Alanded
11/15/2002 10:44 PM


"Such would seem the case, but i still feel un-easy about it all....somethingt isn't right with the plan.", he shrugged. "When are we to leave?"


"In two hours time." Lord Tloluvin said. "Gather whatever supplies you feel that you might need. If you want anything in particular, Captain Worf will take you to see our Quartermaster. He should be able get you kitted out. When you're done, meet back here and Meldius will take you to Palanthas through the portal. The guards know your faces, you won't have any trouble getting in at all."

Alanded
11/15/2002 11:31 PM


Hmm.. well, you can do it. I don't have enough time right now to write it out, so... have fun! :D

~~ Airi


Crackling arcs of lightning flickered into existence, jagged slashes of pure electrical doom that coiled around the nearest mass of ten or so skeletal beings, reducing them to piles of blackened ash that blew away on the wind.

Fifty more promptly took their place.

"This is NOT good!" Iversonallen said. The bronze was surrounded by at least thirty or so of the foul beings, which flitted quickly away whenever he tried to swipe at them with his claws. His wings a shredded, bleeding mess, the dragon was grounded and at a disadvantage as the winged horrors swooped and dived at him from above.

"Oh, you just noticed?" Kemothis replied sarcastically before unleashing red hot fiery death on another group of boneheads. They reacted quickly, scattering in all directions. Five were caught in the dragonbreath and reduced to ahses, the rest escaped unharmed. Even he was tiring, the lightning spell had taken more out of him than he cared to admit.

Their attackers had dropped down out of the clouds without warning, hundreds of them, a stinging swarm that engulfed them in an eyeblink and left them battling for their lives. They were only five minutes into the confrontation, and already all of them were wounded, some very seriously.

Kemothis knew their chances of getting out of this alive was slim, yet he fought on regardless. He was their leader, and he sure as hell wasn't going to give up on his men. Chanting the words to another spell, he watched in satisfaction as a sudden shower of fist-sized hailstones swept away another wave of the winged skeletons. "Seventy-nine down, about a thousand more to go."

"Aaargh!!!" Nealoshaq screamed as he caught a particularly vicious blow to his left wing.

"Are you alright?" Phiro asked, her voice full of concern as she sent a blast of dragonfire to scatter the bunch of skeletons that was harassing her much larger elder brother.

"It's... just... a flesh wound." Neal gasped, just before the entire wing came off in a shower of blood.

"oh, f**k." Was all he manged to say before he tumbled out of the sky and crashed heavily onto the ground with a sound like a really big bag of tomatoes slamming into the pavement after a 10-storey fall, stirring up a cloud of dust in the process.

"Neal!!!!" Phiro screamed her brother's name.

*in an orchestra pit nearby, sad yet inspiring music like the kind you get in Pearl Harbour begins to play*

"... This is getting surreal." Kemothis muttered.

Alanded
11/16/2002 6:40 AM

OOC: Since Flan is busy setting up the High Clerist's Tower, I guess I'll have to do the intro for Westia...

BIC:

Timothy Duncan stamped his feet and rubbed his hands together, trying to keep warm. It was cold on the walls tonight, and he had another five hours left on his watch.

"Cold night huh, Tim?" a voice said behind him. Even before turning around he knew who it was. "Kobe! What brings you to these abysmal heights, my friend?"

"I figured you could use something hot right about now," Kobe, who was shorter than Duncan by a full head, handed the knight a steaming mug. Duncan accepted it with a grateful nod, and took a sip of the warm broth inside, accidentally scalding his tongue in the process.

Walking up to lean against the ramparts, Kobe idly stared out into the darkness. A wind sprang up, ruffling his long blonde hair, and he absebntly reached up with a stray hand to brush a few stray locks out of his eyes.
"Think Kemothis found that strange dragon that they were talking about?"

"Probably nothing more than a rumour," Tim scoffed, taking another sip of broth.

"I still think it's a bad idea, letting them go off without knights or dragonlances. What if they really do meet a dragon?" There was a worried look on Kobe's face.

"If there's really a dragon, old Kem can take care of himself and his fellows. Now, you just worry about keeping awake on your watch later, you- wait, do you hear something????"

Alanded
11/16/2002 6:46 AM


Skitz walked out of the hold and frowned at Rei. "You should supervise these idiots more closely, yes? And get rid of the booze as well!"


"Rei, you grub, can't you even get this ship to fly properly?" Rukh growled as he enetre the hold to check on things. "We've reached Westia, I take it Detan and his ogres are ready?"

Alanded
11/16/2002 7:00 AM

Sunlight glinted off sapphire-blue scales, a veritable sea of shimmering, reflected light as the horde of blue dragons rode the winds, while slightly further back the sails of the massive galleons and carracks that carried the Takhisis' army filled the horizon in a wall of fluttering canvas, the symbol of the Knights of Takhisis flying proudly from each ship.

It was an impressive sight, a massive force, well trained and well equipped, with the blessing of the Dark Queen herself, an unstoppable juggernaut that pushed steadily onward-

-towards Palanthas.

Dark_Master
11/16/2002 2:10 PM

Time nodded slightly, his hair beginning to shift effortlessly. He opended his mouth, wisps of blue and gold spinning around him listlessly. He almost sang..."Across the River I do so call, beyond the banks and under the fall, bring to me my very Yabree, so i may once again bring the harmony"

The wisps of colour conjugated at his hands, an unseen wind stirring hair and cloth....a soft droning sound resonated around him, his eyes closed. Snapping open eyes, they took on a golden hue. From out of the very air, he drew his Yabree, the three bladed staff glistend delicatley, as though the wind itself could snap it.

The butt slammed to the ground, he fixed a glare. "I am ready......", turning to Lash. "Whenever you are....", from his back, two lumps formed, growing, until his wings protruded gracefully. He smiled, flexing them slightly. "I shall await your summons.", Leaping off the ground, the currents caught his wings, taking him higher.....silvery white feathers littered the ground as he did so...

UndeadDragon
11/16/2002 7:21 PM

On the blimp in the cargo room, the ogres were preparing themselves frantically. Some dropping the weapons or armor, some waiting in lines for the loo, others nervously biting their nails and picking their noses. And yet, in the midst of it all, Skitz, still in his serious personality, was sitting in a meditative position. An aura of extreme power had surrounded him, having a radius of 5 feet between him and the ogres. His mohawk was rippling as if a powerful wind was blowing from the bottom of him. He had his closed spell books spread out before him, with his eyes closed. He was getting ready for a great battle.

After about an hour, his stomach rumbled loudly and he opened his eyes. His lips formed a crazed smile as he stuffed his hand in his pocket, then pulled out a foul smelling block of cheese. He bit pieces off of it and chewing loudly, smacking his lips, until the blimp slowed down.

Then Skitz stood up and threw his cheese in a random direction, hitting a random ogre in the eye, causing it to curse loudly and fluently. The goblin picked up his spellbooks and hung them at his waist. He then twisted his head left and right, popping his neck, then he put his fingers together and stretched out his arms, cracking his knuckles and elbows. Then the goblin opened a small pack at his waist and pulled out a dark brown long staff, with a black dragon etched along its length.

Skitz then spoke loudly to all the ogres in the room, "We are preparing to land."

Alanded
11/16/2002 8:12 PM


"If there's really a dragon, old Kem can take care of himself and his fellows. Now, you just worry about keeping awake on your watch later, you- wait, do you hear something????"


"Hear what? there's nothing out there but goblins, and ogres, and they'd never dare- WHAT IN PALADINE'S NAME IS THAT THING??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Kobe pointyed disbelievingly at the massive dark shape that blotted out the light of the moon and was descending rapidly towards them.

"We're under attack!!!!" Tim roared, reaching for the signal horn that hung from a peg on the ramparts...

SoaringEagle
11/16/2002 9:14 PM

As Detan an his men waited anxiously to get out and start chaos Detan went to a window and pulled out his huge long bow. "This shall be fun." He saw a guard on a tower reaching for a horn. As he pulled back the arrow he steadied his aim and then fired.

He wasn't aiming for the humans, he was aiming for the horn so they could not signal for help. The arrow struck the horn out of the mans hand and sent it falling to the ground. Detan smiled at his handywork. "Now to take care of them." He whistled and four ogers that he had trained to be archers started shooting at the two humans.

He added a couple of shots at them just to keep them moving. As his ogers distracted the two he aimed one arrow right at one of the men's heart. As he let it loose the arraw sailed and nailed the man named Kobe in the side. He loved hurting humans. "Make sure they don't call for help you two. You other two go back to the rest." He turned around and headed to his little army.

OOC: If you want me to change it so I don't hit Kobe I will.

Alanded
11/17/2002 3:14 AM


OOC: If you want me to change it so I don't hit Kobe I will.


OOC: Kill them all. Just don't forget to get the doors open first.



He added a couple of shots at them just to keep them moving. As his ogers distracted the two he aimed one arrow right at one of the men's heart. As he let it loose the arraw sailed and nailed the man named Kobe in the side. He loved hurting humans. "Make sure they don't call for help you two. You other two go back to the rest." He turned around and headed to his little army.


BIC:
Tim stared in horror at the wooden shaft portruding from his friend's side. He'd dragged Kobe into what little shelter the wall offered from the rain of arrows which were now whistling through the air around them, and was now busy trying to staunch the river of blood that flowed freely from the wound.

There was a gurgling cough, and he looked up from his work to see Kobe staring at him, his dark eyes startling in contrast to the pale, bloodless face. "It's no use, Tim. It's torn me open inside."

"Hush. I'll make a run for it- get one the clerics-"

"Through that?" Kobe gestured weakly at the storm of arrows raining down around them. "Don't be a fool, Tim. They've got us pinned down." His voice was barely a whisper. "I don't hear the signal horns... you've got to..."

"They got mine, it's cracked, useless." Tim said helplessly. "The other four guards on this wall have probably been picked off already. I don't even know how close whatever that thing is has gotten. The moment I poke my head out it'll be skewered like a Yule boar roast."

There was no reply.

Looking down, Tim realised that his friend was dead. There would be one less Knight to carry the proud Bryant name now.

Then a large, dark shape passed quickly over him, descending swiftly towards the courtyard below. The guards on the other walls, finally noticing the threat, began sounding the alarm, and shouts began echoing throughout the keep as knights hurried out of bedchambers, hastily buckling on arms and armour.

"You bastards!" he growled under his breath, drawing his sword. His friend would be avenged...

eswiftfire
11/17/2002 5:12 AM

OOC: Back from vacation. Wonder how am I going to make my appearance now?

Ah? Kobe's dead? Poor sod!



Will his friend, Timothy Duncan, avenge his death???? He looks PUMPED!

Flandrake
11/17/2002 10:56 AM

Lash looked up after Time,"Well I'll be ready. We'll leave as soon as we can. I'm going to get my weapons sharpened and get some more arrows." Lash turned and walked outside. Time was uneasy, something Lash didn't feel comfertable about. Also he wanted to know what side Dalamar would take if any. He wouldn't be surprised if he helped the enemy into Palanthas. Lash felt strange, his devil blood was bubling up to the surface. Normally he could control it but maybe it had something to do with what Time sensed. "Well Today is a good day to die," he shrugged and moved through the early moring streets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin bowed to the cleric, "My lady I would be honored to have you join us. We are short on clerics and need all the help we can get. Lenard get over here!" Another knight came running by his side, "Sir?"

"Take this women to the other clerics."

"Sir." Lenard bowed to the women and walked toward the clerics chambers.
Devin set his sword and walked into his command room, where he waited for Quaide while looking at a map.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle stared in horror at the airship that came right over tha battlement shooting down all the guards as it went. He went straight for his troops having already been fully armoured. He looked over them and shouted for attention,"Double up the gate, we don't want them to get renforcements in! Let's move!" Kyle drew his sword.

Airiana
11/17/2002 11:28 AM

Airiana laughed in amusement, knowing the flight of Dragons was almost dead. With a few more words of the ancient magic, she sent out another platoon of the skeleton warriors and signaled them to attack the Bronzes. There was no way they could survive.

Flying higher and faster, Airiana soon found herself over the castle in Westia, where a battle was beginning to form. Feeling generous, she decided to help the dark forces at work there. With two quick blasts of her deadly fiery-ice Dragonbreath, Airiana made little work of the large gate gaurding the castle. A few minor blows to it would easily knock it down.

Flying lower, the sun's rays glistened upon Airiana's silvery-red scales and she looked around for something to kill. Seeing an easy target, some knights upon the walltop, she dove closer, scaring them nearly half to death, then blasting them away with her Dragonbreath.

Laughing loudly, she rose farther into the sky and called upon more skeleton warriors. Only half a platoon, after all: she only wanted to aid the dark forces, not take down the castle all by herself, though it would be easy enough for her to do so.

High enough in the sky now that none could touch her, Airiana looked down, laughing at the mayhem unfurling below her.

UndeadDragon
11/17/2002 12:53 PM

The blimp landed softly just outside of the gates, which were weakened mysteriously. A goblin crewmember opened the cargo doors, and was almost trampled by the wave of ogres rushing past him. They were all out in a matter of seconds, and the gate was destroyed in just seconds after that.

Skitz calmly walked out of the airship, using his staff to support himself, finishing a piece of cheese. He adjusted his robes and looked at the falling castle. "Hmm, the ogres are holding up well so far.", he thought. Skitz walked down the path leading to the would-be gates, preparing a spell. He stopped and whispered under his breath and pointed at a tower outside the castle. A crack ran along it and then crumpled to the ground, flattening all troops forming under neath it. The goblin smiled.

Dark_Master
11/17/2002 2:28 PM

Time banked to the side, landing eventually just outside the city walls. He flicked a wisp of hair out of his face and then stared out over the horizon. He closed his eyes...Maybe i'll have some luck this time...., he doubted it but he had to try...

His minds eyes saw the river of time flowing passed him, through him, about him....the currents caressed his skin....soothed his mind....eased his tortured soul.....filled part of the void that threatend to swallow him whole.....had it already? He forced his thoughts back to the task. Grabbing the currents, he twisted them, bent them to his will, persuaded them to flow faster, taking his visions to the furture.....he raced forward, people and lands whizzing passed in a blur of colour, emotion, thought and garbled sound.

Then it stopped......there was nothing but fog.....once again she had clouded the future to him....try as he might, nothing but a passing image could be seen.

One thing that was clear, was the sound of Death's call....the screams of the dying...the ringing and clashing of swords...the burning, charring, scorching of seething flames.....then the wind...a wind of death....fanning flames and carrying decay's stench, tainting others with it...plague, famine, blood.....

Something struck his face.....propelling him back through the river. Opening his eyes, he brought a hand to his cheek....blood....red as fire....sparkling by the distant sun.

Her Dark Majesty was in a foul mood....too often had he poked and prodded at future's window....and when it may affect her over all domination...she liked his intrusion even less.....

Shrugging, he leaped back into the air, glad to stretch his too-long confined wings. But an odd expression took his face, one that had not occured for some time, and would be the last for years to come.....Time smiled.....a simple smirk....and then it was gone....

SoaringEagle
11/17/2002 6:45 PM

As he split open a knight he looked around and saw the gate. A dragon it seemed had decimated it but not quite enough for the oger armys to get in. He took two ogers to the gate and they opened it. A tidal wave of ogers leaped into the fray as the knights seemed to be winning. The ogers soon destroyed most of them and within seconds only a couple of knights stood around.

He saw one that was coming out of a tower. It was the tower that they first attacked. He saw that the man was feeling avengeful. Good he thought. That would make him a very good adversary.

He saw that ogers started to walk to him. It seemed that all the other knights were dead. "He is mine!" He shouted over all the ogers. Most ogers stopped but a few kept on going. Oh well he thought.They would either die by the knights hand or his. He unsheathed his two huge axes and waited for the man to come and meet his doom.

Alanded
11/17/2002 7:38 PM


He saw that ogers started to walk to him. It seemed that all the other knights were dead. "He is mine!" He shouted over all the ogers. Most ogers stopped but a few kept on going. Oh well he thought.They would either die by the knights hand or his. He unsheathed his two huge axes and waited for the man to come and meet his doom.


Chaos. Blood and death, all around him.

All around him friends were dying, hacked to pieces. The attack had come too swiftly, and then demonic beings had swooped down from the skies, winged skeletal warriors, eldritch flames burning bright within empty eye sockets.

There was a muted roar as the gates were flung open, and another swarm of ogres swept inside, their bloodlust lending them strength as they laid into the defending knights with axes and clubs.

It's hopeless. he thought, casting his eyes around. Then he caught sight of the ogre.

It stood before the gates, shouting orders to the others. Their commander, he realised, and with that the smoldering fury in his heart burned bright.

"DIE, FOUL SPAWN OF THE ABYSS!!!" he roared, charging straight at the ogre,, his sword pulled back for a lightning thrust to the beast's throat.

Alanded
11/17/2002 7:56 PM


High enough in the sky now that none could touch her, Airiana looked down, laughing at the mayhem unfurling below her.


Belfane stared in hatred at the strange dragon in the sky before him.

The old bronze was too much past his prime for combat, instead flying as a courier to the other keeps. He was just returning from delivering a message to Thelgaard, when he heard the din of battle and smelled the scent of dark magics. Then he'd spotted her, laughing in amusement as her foul minions attacked Westia. And judging from the sounds he heard, Erik had seen her too and was busy preparing himself for battle. Couriers didn't carry dragonlances, but the old knight would make do with whatever he had.

"We must aid our comrades." Lord Snow said, accentuating his statement with the rasp of drawn steel as his blade slid out of its scabbard. "To battle."

Belfane simply readied a spell as he flew towards the other dragon. Swift and silent he thought to himself. He had to catch her by surprise, and at least wound her badly in the very first blow, or he'd never hope to survive the fight...

Alanded
11/17/2002 8:05 PM


Kyle stared in horror at the airship that came right over tha battlement shooting down all the guards as it went. He went straight for his troops having already been fully armoured. He looked over them and shouted for attention,"Double up the gate, we don't want them to get renforcements in! Let's move!" Kyle drew his sword.


Deke the Mountain, Greatchief of the Howling Moons clan, stared in satisfation at the carnage he had wrought. After that mangy dog, Detan, had actually gotten the gates open, his men had swept through the lines ofdefenders and into the keep itself, slaughtering everyone in their way. Now there was only puny human left, their commander.

"Time to die, human," Deke said to Kyle, grinning widely as he swung his huge club menacingly in the air before him. His men gathered around, forming a ring around them, eager for a good show...

DarkDalamar20
11/17/2002 8:34 PM

A dwarf on an elephant rode sadly through the carnage and death of the battlefield outside the keep. He could hear an army of ogres doing battle with a human. The sight saddened the dwarf. He rubbed his gnarled hand over the head of the large elephant.

"Well, Santa. I suppose we missed the battle. Nothing left to do now but return home and contemplate life. This is absolutely horrible. Look at all of this death!"

"Like, I know. It is, like, terrible." replied the elephant, rather subdued.

The dwarf nodded his shaggy head, letting his curly black hair fall over his head. After a few moment, the dwarf rose his head. A thin beam of sunlight fell from the sky, illuminating a single tear that slid down the dwarf's shaggy face to fall to the bloody ground.

"It is sad. All this death. All of this killing..." The dwarf said. The elephant nodded its head in agreement.

The dwarf softly kicked the elephant in the side and together, they started riding off into the distance. They were soon gone from the battlefield, disappearing as if almost a dream.

But, where the dwarf's single tear had fallen, a small yellow flower sprouted up from the bloody ground, reaching for the sky.

eswiftfire
11/17/2002 10:00 PM


"Time to die, human"


<--- This is Deke The Mountain!!

Doombug
11/18/2002 4:48 AM


The blimp landed softly just outside of the gates, which were weakened mysteriously. A goblin crewmember opened the cargo doors, and was almost trampled by the wave of ogres rushing past him. They were all out in a matter of seconds, and the gate was destroyed in just seconds after that.

Skitz calmly walked out of the airship, using his staff to support himself, finishing a piece of cheese. He adjusted his robes and looked at the falling castle. "Hmm, the ogres are holding up well so far.", he thought. Skitz walked down the path leading to the would-be gates, preparing a spell. He stopped and whispered under his breath and pointed at a tower outside the castle. A crack ran along it and then crumpled to the ground, flattening all troops forming under neath it. The goblin smiled.


Rei watching the carnage started to get blood thurst and wanted to kill something. " hey Garakas and Harksa get over here..."

"Yes sir repoting as ordered sir" Garakas and Harksa came in the room and stood quitly at the door. Rei slowly walked towards them and when he was about 1 foot away he starts laughing insanely "ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha" Garakas and Harksa stand them watching this happened quite a bit. Then all of a sudden Rei drew out a small dagger and and killed them both with skill. After Rei went back to his normal stat he looked back out onto the battle field were the fighting was just starting to die down.

OOC: Hehehehehe gotta kill something :)

QueshuWarrior
11/18/2002 1:47 PM

Quaide opened the door to Devins room. The eight foot tall giant ducked his head slightly to get through the doorway. He saw Devin at his desk, looking at a large map that was spread out, covering the entire table. Quaide was carrying his two sided hammer and rest it down against the wall.

" Hello sir. You wanted to see me?" Quaide asked as he plopped himself in a chair facing Devin.

Flandrake
11/18/2002 2:35 PM

"Ahh, yes." Devin got up and took out a bottle of brandy and two glasses pooring some for both him and Quaide. "Now, down to the matter at hand." Devin pulled out a map of the High Clerist Tower and pionted to a tower on the east side, "This is where you and your troups will be. I'm taking the knights there to reinforce the other weak areas. You might need to move in and help the front battlements if trouble occurs. Also you will need to cover the men inside and shoot down the enemy from the front. The angle at which it is at shall make it perfect for such a thing." Devin paused and took a drink out of his glass," Now you will alos have troops on the ground ready to reinforce the front or stay to the side and cver retreats into the tower. I asume that is where you'd like to be with a weapon like that." Devin motioned over to the double axe, "You will recieve orders if anything changes. Now, do you have any questions?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle whatched the slaughter around him. There was no way the knights could win. The only chance they might have is if they warned the knights to the north. But all the messenagers he had sent were now dead. He would have to go himself but this ogre was in his way. Devin did not salute this beast, if he did he would be pulp against the wall. No, the ogres were not honorable they were beasts who lived to slaughter. Kyle moved in on the left with his sword slashing away but only hitting the wood of the club he would have to fight hard if he could make it to what remained of the horses in time...

OOC: Alan do you want Kyle to die? Or do you want the ogre to die? And if Kyle does live through this battle is it okay for him to try and message the knights to the north or shall he be trapped and fight to the death. Or be taken prisoner.

QueshuWarrior
11/18/2002 3:13 PM

OOC: double sided "hammer", not axe.

IC: " Oh yes, my hammer! I am not an archer, but we do have some in our little group. My friend Monty is very skilled with a bow. He will command from the tower, while I command the ground. If its not too much trouble, it would help me a lot if i could be given a few more archers." Quaide explained, then taking a sip of the brandy.

"Dont you worry Devin, I'll wont let you down."

Quaide looked at the tower drawn on the map. The giant rose and was about to leave, when a question came to his mind.

"Oh yes, one more thing commander. How large are these forces that we will be fighting? I was told very little before i was sent here. What exactly is it an army of?" Quaide asked in fear of the answer.

Kitiara99
11/18/2002 3:23 PM

OOC: Flandrake, did you respond at some point to Avalyn? I'm so confused.... I think I'm going to just drop out, I can't keep up

Alanded
11/18/2002 9:27 PM


Kyle whatched the slaughter around him. There was no way the knights could win. The only chance they might have is if they warned the knights to the north. But all the messenagers he had sent were now dead. He would have to go himself but this ogre was in his way. Devin did not salute this beast, if he did he would be pulp against the wall. No, the ogres were not honorable they were beasts who lived to slaughter. Kyle moved in on the left with his sword slashing away but only hitting the wood of the club he would have to fight hard if he could make it to what remained of the horses in time...

OOC: Alan do you want Kyle to die? Or do you want the ogre to die? And if Kyle does live through this battle is it okay for him to try and message the knights to the north or shall he be trapped and fight to the death. Or be taken prisoner.


OOC: It doesn't matter. This is a REAL rpg run by a REAL human being. Not some cheap computer-run crap that only gives you like a couple of options for each event. You guys do whatever you want, so long as it makes sense, and I'll adapt the story to fit the situation. I'm a very flexible guy. :D

BIC:

Deke roared in amusement as the human lashed futilely at him. "HAH!! You fight like child!!!!" He said as he batted the knight's sword aside with his club and then calmly picked up the man with his free hand, fingers closing vise-like around the man's neck.

He could kill the knight with just a squeeze of his fingers, but Deke wasn't done with his new plaything yet,so instead he just hurled the man over the heads of the other ogres and clear across the length of the hall. The man landed heavily jut short ofthe shattered wooden doors in a clatter of armour, while a huge roar went up among the assembled ogres at this impressive feat.

The crowd parting to make way for him, Deke stalked slowly towards the fallen knight, hoping the human was still alive. He didn't want his toy to die, at east not yet...

eswiftfire
11/19/2002 3:54 AM


Deke stalked slowly towards the fallen knight, hoping the human was still alive. He didn't want his toy to die, at east not yet...


<---- Deke is scary.



OOC:

Since I gotta make plans for my entrance again after Rashitan disappeared, I'll be the picture guy for the moment.

In order to lessen the confusion, put up a bracket and makes it clear whom the message was directed to?

Airiana
11/19/2002 5:25 AM

OOC:
Um.. Alanded, from what I know, Dragons don't really get old in the sense that other creatures do. The older the Dragon, the bigger and stronger he is. Case in point, Airiana happens to be one of the first Dragons, back when interbreeding was not considered a bad thing. That's why she's half good and half bad...

BIC:
Airiana, an ancient Dragon in her own right, noticed the flicker of a Bronze out of the corner of her large silver eyes. A sadistic grin spread across her face.

'An aerial battle, eh?' She thought, 'With an ancient Wyrm like myself? Hm..' and at this, her grin spread across her reptilian face until her large white teeth shown easily beneath her silvery-red scales. 'This could be interesting...'

With that final thought, she looked back down below. The keep was nearly destroyed now, and it was apparant that her services were no longer needed. She knew that any second the Bronze would be upon her, but she was quicker than he, so she gave herself some leisure(SP?) room. With a wave of her claw and a single word of magic, the skeleton warriors returned to her. With another word, each of them bowed low to Airiana and disappeared.

With all her warriors taken away, her magic was free. Free to do anything she wanted to the Wyrm and rider charging at her. She smirked, the rider looked almost as old as the Dragon. He would be easy enough to get rid of.

Turning quickly in the air so that her charging opponents faced her, Airiana smiled and laughed evily. The Heart-Emerald around her neck grew a deep-coloured red and continued getting deeper until the colour was almost black. Her heart and mind were both ready to kill.

Airiana started up chant, drawing ancient arcane symbols in the air before her. A shield; one that was all but inpentrable, to most magic that is: for Dragons harbor a special magic, one that is stronger than those of mortals, and having such power, the shield would cause only a minor setback.

Airiana laughed and readied herself for the battle ahead.

"Come, Bronze. Let us settle this. I am the Dragon of Both Bloods! Thou shalt not defeat me!"

eswiftfire
11/19/2002 8:33 AM


OOC:
Um.. Alanded, from what I know, Dragons don't really get old in the sense that other creatures do. The older the Dragon, the bigger and stronger he is. Case in point, Airiana happens to be one of the first Dragons, back when interbreeding was not considered a bad thing. That's why she's half good and half bad...


OOC:

Pyrite: What about me? I'm old! And i'm SENILE!!

Fizban: Shuddap fool! Now, where's my hat??? Eeeeeek!

UndeadDragon
11/19/2002 2:16 PM

A fiery sphere came out of nowhere and flew at Kyle, striking him in the head. His cranium exploded, spraying blood and brains in all directions. Upon one of the remaining walls left near the battle between ogre and human, stood Skitz, with his pinkish mohawk waving wildly. He was, of course, eating cheese, with one palm outstretched toward Kyle's body.

"Idiot ogre! Thats the thing wrong with you all! Too much arrogance! It will be the death of all of you someday. I believe he was the last, but I suggest scouts be sent to check if there is anyone left. Of course, it is up to the arrogance master of them all, your commander."

Skitz jumped off the wall, landing gracefully on the ground. He turned and headed back to the blimp for some more cheese. He had just barely started walking when he tripped over his robes flat on his face. Skitz lifted his head, red in the face, and attempted to stand up, only to fall again. After a couple of tries, he managed to stand and brush himself off and leave for the blimp.

Doombug
11/20/2002 4:15 AM

Rei seeing that the battle was just about over he started to prepare the victory dinner "GET ME SOME CHEESE". A moment laters a hugh goblin came and put down some cheese now rei waited for skitz to be abored to reward him in the battle.

ooc: I was bored :)

UndeadDragon
11/20/2002 2:08 PM

Skitz aborded the blimp to the wonderous smell of cheese. His nose perked up and his eyes widened, causing him to drool at the mouth. He let out a high pitched giggle as he followed his nose to his precious cheeses. It almost seemed like he was floating as the aroma carried him away.

Entering the room, Skitz thought he was in a dream, surrounded by yellow and white and orange, filling his nose with sweet smells. He lunged at the cheese and began to devour it, not noticing Rei.

eswiftfire
11/20/2002 8:51 PM


A fiery sphere came out of nowhere and flew at Kyle, striking him in the head. His cranium exploded, spraying blood and brains in all directions.

eswiftfire
11/20/2002 9:04 PM


"We must aid our comrades." Lord Snow said, accentuating his statement with the rasp of drawn steel as his blade slid out of its scabbard. "To battle."


<---- Lord Erik Snow prepares for battle.

Flandrake
11/20/2002 9:09 PM

OOC: No Kit, please don't leave. Devin just had an aid take you to the other clerics. So you can play out them. And sorry about the hammer axe thing I don't know what I was thinking.

IC: Devin nodded, "Alright I shall send some archers to your force. And as for the size of the force attacking us, who knows but as long as we have faith Paladine is guiding us." Devin smiled at Quiade and bid him farewell and went on with his duties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean almost screamed as he say Kyle's head get blown off. He shuddered and now knew he had to get to leave. He silently moved out from under the straw, he was only a squire and knew he would be more help as a messanger than as the last dieing fighter. Sean untied the fastest horse he knew and mounted. The horse was already saddeled, the knights were supposed to be ready for the fight but... Sean shook his head and opened the secret side escape. Without looking back he rode as fast as he could north hopefully the troops would not catch him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Nothing new going on with Lash, he's back at the building waiting for Time to return so they can go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:Swifty tell me when you want to open up Gerad and co. part.

eswiftfire
11/20/2002 9:23 PM


Sean almost screamed as he say Kyle's head get blown off. He shuddered and now knew he had to get to leave.

SoaringEagle
11/21/2002 2:19 PM

As he was moving around he hoped to find a knight left for himself to kill. He heard a horse move about and saw a boy running away on the horse. He quickly pulled out his bow and arrow and fired. The arrow flew true but didn't hit him were he wanted it to hit the knight. Instead it hit the knights leg and went right into the horse too. The horse fell down and couldn't move.

He ran up and caught up to the knight. "So where do you think your going?" He pulled out his two axes. This was gonna be quick and clean..

QueshuWarrior
11/21/2002 2:21 PM

Quaide left with a fake smile. A mysterious army! That did not sound good. He continued back to his room. When he got there he dropped his hammer and lay down on his bed in exhaustion. He didnt get a chance to rest after the long ride from Palanthas

" Excuse me sir!" said a voice at the door. " Are you Quaide, commander of the reinforcements?"

" Why yes, I am. Who might you be?" said Quaide.

" I am Jalen, knight of the Rose. ( how ya like that one swifty?) I've been sent by Lord Devin to bring you to your new quarters at the tower. The same tower you will be defending in the battle." the knight walked further in the doorway, revealing his long steel blade and his armor. He was dark-skinned and had a red bull head decorating his armor. He had a huge mark on his cheek.

" Ok sir. How did you get that terrible wound!" Quaide asked in shock.

" Oh that. Well I was on my horse one night and this man tried to horse jack me. I didnt move and he shot me in the face! That bastard!........With an arrow of course." Jalen began to get mad.

" Thats too bad." said the giant. Seeing that Jalen was mad, he decided to change the subject.
" To the tower then!" Quaide walked out of the room, following Jalen. He saw Monty on the way out of the hallway.

" Monty. Get the men together and bring them to the East Tower. I'm heading over there now. Alright?"

" Sure thing Quaide." answered Monty and he started shouting at the other soldiers to get ready to leave in thirty minutes.


Jalen brought Quaide to the tower, which was seperate from the main fortress altogether. A small field seperated the tower from the rest of the fortress. The field was light brown with dirt.

Jalen got to the small door. He opened it with some keys. When inside he walked up a set of spiral stairs. Quaide followed far away, admiring the many paintings on the walls. Finally, they both got to the top, where there was a roof and a large opening around it, where archers stood with their bows.

" It's uh......very nice!" Quaide said, trying to be kind. It was really too small for the giant, who had to slouch down a foot or two.

" Let me show you the living quarters." Jalen said as he opened a door near the top of the stairs. Quaide went through and looked down at a series of long ladders dropping towards the ground, which was about fifty feet away. Along the walls were huge stone slabs sticking out, where there was usually a bed or two.

" That's d-d-deep!" Quaide said, trying to hide his fear of heights.

" Oh dont worry Quaide. This system works well. When under attack, the men can just scurry up the ladders and get to the archer tower." Jalen said cheerfully.

" Yeah i g-g-guess." Quaide said heading back to the stairs in relief. " I'll get used to it." he told himself.

" Im gonna go head down and wait for my men." he told Jalen.

" See ya later Quaide. Im gonna stay up here. After you get your men together hear, come to me. We can talk about the battle then." With that Jalen head up to the archers and Quaide went back down the stairs, to the ground.

Dark_Master
11/21/2002 2:36 PM

Time returned to Lash.....he rustled his wings slightly and then nodded. "I am ready to leave whenever Lash......", he was about to tell him of his visions...or lack of...but closed his mouth as soon as.

Flandrake
11/21/2002 5:34 PM

OOC: Soaring eagle it was a aquire not a knight. Do you think a knight would have hid himself? As soon as what Dark_Master you can't leave me hanging like that.

Sean went for a dagger at his boot but found it missing. He then grabbed the short sword of the horses saddle and pulled out the arrow in his leg. He staggered up and lunged but triping over a small grass mound luckly dodging an axe blow and went forward with his sword.

OOC: I'm going to be as annoying as possible with the capture of your tower.

Dark_Master
11/22/2002 12:42 AM

OOC: Sorry....that the end of the sentence, turn of phrase.....just really means he closed his mouth quickly...

Alanded
11/22/2002 5:38 AM

OOC: Sorry about the delay, had a few... problems getting online. Fscking ISP...


Time returned to Lash.....he rustled his wings slightly and then nodded. "I am ready to leave whenever Lash......", he was about to tell him of his visions...or lack of...but closed his mouth as soon as.


Meldius appeared beside them both. "Are you two ready? This way then." Turning around the mage led the way to a small antechamber, the floor inscribed with mystic runes coiled around a circle of bright white light.

"Stand in the middle here around me", he instructed, stepping into the glowing ring on the floor. "Then I shall cast the spell to open the portal."

Alanded
11/22/2002 5:51 AM


"Come, Bronze. Let us settle this. I am the Dragon of Both Bloods! Thou shalt not defeat me!"


So, she has seen me after all...

He could see the barrier she'd flung up between them, pulsing with magic, and thinking fast, he came up with a new plan.

Erik! Cover your eyes! he warned the rider on his back, speaking directly into his mind.

Quickly altering the final words to his spell, he unleashed the magic-

-except that instead of a bolt of lightning, it came out as a sheet of crackling violet energy that flared dazzlingly bright as it came into contact with the barrier.

Swinging around, the bronze prepared to launch a devastating attack against his hopefully blinded and defenceless opponent...

Alanded
11/22/2002 6:08 AM

Rukh grumbled under his breath as he stalked along the cramped passageways inside the airship, almost tripping over a goblin (Smuts) that was mopping away at two very large puddles of blood (the two goblins Skitz killed).

"SKIIIIIIIIIITZ!" The minotaur roared as he finally caught sight of the goblin gorging himself on the cheese. "You idiot, I though I told you I wanted to capture the fortress undamaged!!" He said pointing at the cracked tower that Skitz had damaged at the beginning of the fight. "Now we'll have to waste time repairing it."

Actually, Rukh was a lot less angry then he sounded. Between Rei's reputation as a captain of a pyromaniacal crew that left entire towns and villages ablaze, and Skitz legendary fits of psychosis, the minotaur had firmly expected the mission to end with Westia being reduced to a pile of ashes barely big enough to fill a tinderbox.

I suppose that ogre did a good enough job he thought grudgingly. "Where's Detan? We're not stopping here. Deke and his men will secure the fortress, WE have got another mission."

OOC:
Well, Soaringeagle, uh, finish up what you have with Flan, or have your chase interrupted by someone calling you back to camp, or something. We're going to press onwards towards Palanthas. :D
P.S: next time you might want to leave something for your fellow villains to kill...

UndeadDragon
11/22/2002 8:20 AM


"SKIIIIIIIIIITZ!" The minotaur roared as he finally caught sight of the goblin gorging himself on the cheese. "You idiot, I though I told you I wanted to capture the fortress undamaged!!" He said pointing at the cracked tower that Skitz had damaged at the beginning of the fight. "Now we'll have to waste time repairing it."



Skitz turned, with yellow drool hanging from his mouth, to the Rukh. He quickly slurped up his mucus and said, "Bah, you know I can fix that tower with a flick of the wrist." The goblin went back to his cheese, ignoring the last sentence about another mission.


almost tripping over a goblin (Smuts) that was mopping away at two very large puddles of blood (the two goblins Skitz killed).


OOC: I didn't kill them. Rei did. :D

Dark_Master
11/22/2002 2:14 PM

Time stood in the centre as instructed....the resonances of magic drifting across the room distorting, shifting the currents of time. He was un-easy about any magic that was out of his domain to control....but he trusted the mage....the void swallowed any other doubts, leaving him devoid once again.....

Doombug
11/22/2002 3:25 PM

OOC: He is right

almost tripping over a goblin (Smuts) that was mopping away at two very large puddles of blood (the two goblins Skitz killed).


IC:Rei "Rukh STOP SCREAMING ON MY SHIP OR YOU CAN WALK"rei appers behind a door and walk to Rukh and who said I could blow stuff up you but skitz gets to, your just lucky I was busy" Rei pulls out a map (surprsingly well made even tho by a goblin) "Right here" Rei points to a small part on the map. "a small group of dwarfs have appered here one of my goblin scouts spoted them during the fight"

"why they didn't help there human compains is beyond me but we will have to kill them to get out of this vally for they are construcking hugh catapults that will put a hole right through my ship"

"I suggest we send deten and his men with skitz and me to get rid of them you can come to of course"

Rei then rolls up the map and gives it to Rukh to look over.

Alanded
11/22/2002 10:36 PM


"why they didn't help there human compains is beyond me but we will have to kill them to get out of this vally for they are construcking hugh catapults that will put a hole right through my ship"

"I suggest we send deten and his men with skitz and me to get rid of them you can come to of course"

Rei then rolls up the map and gives it to Rukh to look over.


"What? Catapaults?" Rukh exclaimed in alarm. "You're right! We'll have to destroy them if we want to reach Palanthas. How far along are they from fiishing the work? Can't we just bomb them?"

Alanded
11/22/2002 11:01 PM


Time stood in the centre as instructed....the resonances of magic drifting across the room distorting, shifting the currents of time. He was un-easy about any magic that was out of his domain to control....but he trusted the mage....the void swallowed any other doubts, leaving him devoid once again.....


Meldius began the incantation once both of them entered the circle of light. Ther was a brief flash of light and when they could see again...




"We're near Great Library", he told his companions. "From here on, you're on your own. Make your way to the Lord's residence if you wish, this letter will gain you audience with him." Meldius reached into his robes an pulled out a wax-sealed scroll which he passed to Time.

"Now, I must leave you, for I have other business to att-"

His words were cut off suddenly as bells began tolling frantically all across the city. Frabtic shouts pierced through the din, telling the three what was happening.

"DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!! WE"RE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!!!"

Meldius cursed under his breath. "I didn't expect it to be so soon. Takhisis' forces have arrived it seems, and I cannot allow myself to be captured. Do what you think is best, we shall meet again two days from now in the alley behind the temple of Paladine." With that, he spoke a short incantation and vanished from sight.

OOC: The dark army's not really attacking the city, Palanthas is too valuable to sack. The dragons are just to cow the Lords into surrendering the city to them.

Doombug
11/23/2002 7:42 AM


"What? Catapaults?" Rukh exclaimed in alarm. "You're right! We'll have to destroy them if we want to reach Palanthas. How far along are they from fiishing the work? Can't we just bomb them?"


"No we cannot bomb them they are protected by a cliff egde and it would be a waste. I am saving them for the good army or were ever we are going" Rei goes in to the room and comes back out dressed for battle this was his time to shine. Rei's battle gear was all miss matched he had a helm of the knights of solmnia boots of a dark night armour of an oger and a weapon of a goblin (small knife and a bunch of gernades) "well are you going to get ready or not rei smiles...

QueshuWarrior
11/23/2002 12:40 PM

Quaides men were all inside the tower, getting ready for battle. Quaide was still outside, looking out at the horizon. It didnt seem like there was a battle brewing. He curiously picked up his hammer and walked over to the large fortress to ask more questions.

Quaide saw the large gates once more, the same gates they entered. In the distance he could see the beautiful city of Palanthas. Though it was very faint, he noticed something flying above the city. It was ............a dragon! Quaide panicked. He saw a couple more dragons circling the city.

Quaide ran until he found Devin.

" The arm..." Quaide was doubling over in exhaustion for he had run a great while. " The armies.....There attacking Palanthas! Not here! We were wrong!" Quaide shook Devin as he spoke.

Quaide in a state of beserk ran to the closest horse. He mounted it, his eyes with a firey desire to get to his home city. He rode through the gates and with great speed down the dirt path towards Palanthas, gripping his hammer tightly.

OOC: I unerstand the dark armies arent attacking as you said Alan , but in all reality, if you saw dragons hovering a city, you get that impression.
This will just lead to Quaides meeting with Lash and Time.

Monty is still at the tower, so if theres a battle there, he can take care of it.

Personally, all this time i thought it would be cool to have a DEFEND PALANTHAS thing going on, even though everyone else is saying LET THE ENEMY TAKE PALANTHAS.

Flandrake
11/23/2002 8:30 PM

Devin ran to the highest battlement and looked out to see dragons. He counldn't tell how many there were it was to far to see. He set into action right away, "Tyler have your group and two other stay behind. I'm riding the dragons in to Palanthas. March the troops right away, there is no time to waste!" Devin ran to what dragons they had. Opefully they would arive in time.

OOC: Devin won't attack if the lords are imprisoned and threat of death etc. etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lash looked to the skies and saw several dragons, "Time, we need to find a safe place to be until the commaders come to town." Lash look around at the mass histaeria (sp). He had seen this before, when dragons attacked. Luckly he was experinced with dragons so it would be no problem taking them down if need be.
OOC:Alan where is that picture from and what is it? It looks really cool.

eswiftfire
11/24/2002 6:37 AM

OOC:


histaeria


It's hysteria.

Alan got it from some place called randompictures.com. Mwa ha. Just kidding.

Taking down dragons? Holy shit, there's more than just a few.

UndeadDragon
11/24/2002 2:43 PM

Skitz, after eating the last crumb of cheese, says, "Bah. Catapults. If they really wanted to do some damage, they would have gotten a mage. I can cast a spell on the ship so that the stones, or whatever they throw, bounce right off. But I see that Rei here seems to be having too much fun, so I wont spoil it." The goblin grins, with a dull spark in his eyes.

"If you really want to raid these guys, Im ready for it." Skitz stands up and dusts himself off.

QueshuWarrior
11/24/2002 3:44 PM

Quaide tighed his horse to a sign outside the walls of the great city.

He strapped his hammer to his back and ran through the unguarded gates.

" Where is everyone?" Quaide said in confusion.

He continued walking till he got to the market square. People ran in frenzy as dragons swarmed the skies. Quaide gasped in fear. He unstrapped him hammer and accended to the center of the commotion.

It seemed the dragons werent intenting to kill anyone innocent. A few guards went down when they resisted. Quaide did not realize this.
When a dragon swooped down to scare the crowd, Quaide swung his two sided hammer with enough force to send the dragon crashing into a building, it quickly recovered and rose from the debris.

Quaide knew it was time to run. He strapped the hammer to his back and ran through the crowd of screaming people. He pushed down a few that got in his way. The dragon was now breathing fire at Quaide, who quickly turned into an alley to dodge the blaze.

When Quaide was satisfied that the dragon was gone, he looked down the alleyway and saw two men standing not too far from him. ( Lash and Time)

" You two look like you can help me!" Quaide said as he approached the two. " Will you help me save Palanthas, or are you two gonna stand there and watch?"

Flandrake
11/24/2002 7:35 PM

"We have our own plan. And as you can see the people should be okay as longer as they don't fight back, which saying most of these people are rich snobs or too wasted to care. If you really want to help then you will wait until they show their weakness, we can't just waste are time smacking dragons or enemy soilders." Lash looked to Time to see what he wouls say.

Alanded
11/24/2002 11:12 PM


"If you really want to raid these guys, Im ready for it." Skitz stands up and dusts himself off.


Rukh considered the situation and came to a decision quickly. Even if they could get past the dwarves without trouble, it would be dangerous to leave an enemy behind their backs. And the catapaults could be used for more than just shooting down the airship. What if they laid seige to Westia?

"Very well. I shall come with you to oversee this operation. Deke will see to it that Westia is refortified with his own men."

Alanded
11/24/2002 11:35 PM


"We have our own plan. And as you can see the people should be okay as longer as they don't fight back, which saying most of these people are rich snobs or too wasted to care. If you really want to help then you will wait until they show their weakness, we can't just waste are time smacking dragons or enemy soilders." Lash looked to Time to see what he wouls say.


Just then, a huge blue dragon flew across the city. The rider on its back spoke, his voice magically amplified so it boomed across the entire city, echoing loudly back and forth.

"CITIZENS OF PALANTHAS! BEHOLD HER DARK MAJESTY'S GLORY AND COWER BEFORE HER MIGHT! YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE, AND ONE CHANCE ONLY! SURRENDER THIS CITY TO TAKHISIS, OR WATCH IT BURN TO THE GROUND!"

At this the people, already cowed by the waves of dragonfear sweeping the city, fell to their knees, crying out in fear. Even the veteran guardsmen, who had seen action during Dragon Highlord Kitira's attck ten years ago, could only stand and tremble, faces ashen. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that if they wanted to, the Knigts of Takhisis could reduce the city to ashes in an hour.

Lord Pontius, who had succeeded Lord Amothus as ruler of Palanthas, squealed in fear as the dragon turned in the air and flew straight towards where he was standing on the balcony of his palace room. "We surrender! We surrender!" He shrieked shrilly, as its vast shadow fell upon him.

"A wise decision, milord." The dragonrider spoke, the contempt in his voice clearly audible even though muffled by the full helm that he wore. "My Lord Ariakas will be down shortly to present the formal terms of surrender. For now, order your guards to report back to their barracks and turn in their weapons. Tell them they are under house arrest and are not to leave the compound. Similarly all citizens will remain in their homes. This city is now under martial law. Trangressors will be publicly executed."

Doombug
11/25/2002 4:48 AM


"If you really want to raid these guys, Im ready for it." Skitz stands up and dusts himself off.


Rukh considered the situation and came to a decision quickly. Even if they could get past the dwarves without trouble, it would be dangerous to leave an enemy behind their backs. And the catapaults could be used for more than just shooting down the airship. What if they laid seige to Westia?


Rei walks down the plank of the ship and waits for the others to get ready. As Rei checked over his gear he threw one of the nades...BOOM an hugh peice of rock blows off the rock and falls to the ground with a great thug.

"Its ok now just a little test"

"Come ok when your done I will be ready" Rei sits down and start plaing with his armour.

Airiana
11/25/2002 5:13 AM

OOC:
Hey you guys, (well.. Alanded, actually) I'm sorry... but I won't be able to post again until next Tuesday. Between my parents being buttholes and not having a study hall until Tuesday.. well, you get the picture.

BIC:
Airiana found herself blinded by a violet light. The barrier was destroyed from the impact of the magic. 'He is smart, but not smart enough.' she said to herself. She may have been blinded, but she was far from defenseless.

Weaving a spell of ancient dark magic, Airiana called out the rider's name.. her opponent was telepathic, as all Dragons were, but he had forgotten to shield his message. 'Klatanas meihork lahana Erik tei sava!' She chanted, emphasizing the name of the mortal.

As the chant was completed, a fiery ball grew between Airiana's claws, holding them above her head, she released the spell. Letting the fiery ball burst in all directions. There was no escape from the spell. The mortal would soon be tumbling towards the Keep below.

UndeadDragon
11/25/2002 9:11 AM

Skitz, who had pulled his robes up a little bit so he wouldn't trip over them again, followed Rei off the plank. He sat down on a nearby rock and pulled out some cheese to eat.

Alanded
11/25/2002 4:39 PM


Weaving a spell of ancient dark magic, Airiana called out the rider's name.. her opponent was telepathic, as all Dragons were, but he had forgotten to shield his message. 'Klatanas meihork lahana Erik tei sava!' She chanted, emphasizing the name of the mortal.

As the chant was completed, a fiery ball grew between Airiana's claws, holding them above her head, she released the spell. Letting the fiery ball burst in all directions. There was no escape from the spell. The mortal would soon be tumbling towards the Keep below.


It happened so quickly Belfane hardly had time to actually register what had happened. One moment, he was flying swiftly straight at the other dragon, then suddenly there was a flash of fiery light, a very short scream, and a sensation of great heat on his back. The next thing he knew, it was snowing tiny charred pieces of Erik all over the place.

Growling in rage, he slashed viciously at her with his claws, strong jaws parting to catch hold of her wings and rip, shred and tear...


OOC:
Ed: Posting might be erratic for this week (it'll still be at least once every three days though) cause I'm working on some projects with VERY tight deadlines. Should have everything clearedup latest by next wek tho'

Alanded
11/25/2002 4:41 PM


Skitz, who had pulled his robes up a little bit so he wouldn't trip over them again, followed Rei off the plank. He sat down on a nearby rock and pulled out some cheese to eat.


OOC:
Detan (soaringeagle), we're waiting for you, and your ogres.

Airiana
11/26/2002 6:13 AM


It happened so quickly Belfane hardly had time to actually register what had happened. One moment, he was flying swiftly straight at the other dragon, then suddenly there was a flash of fiery light, a very short scream, and a sensation of great heat on his back. The next thing he knew, it was snowing tiny charred pieces of Erik all over the place.

Growling in rage, he slashed viciously at her with his claws, strong jaws parting to catch hold of her wings and rip, shred and tear...


Airiana laughed at her opponents rage. What self-respecting Dragon would let a mere mortal ride upon their back day after day anyways? It impeded mobility, and besides that... a mortal? Airiana shuttered at the thought. Only two mortals would ever dare even ask her for such a thing, and one was only half-mortal.

She manuverued quickly, dodging the attack that almost ripped her wing. She had felt that before, a most painful experience, and did not wish for it to happen again. 'At least I have speed and agility on my side,' she thought, a grin spreading across her reptilian face as she whipped her tail around, aiming for her opponents exposed belly.

eswiftfire
11/26/2002 9:45 AM

OOC:


The next thing he knew, it was snowing tiny charred pieces of Erik all over the place.


Snowing Erik? Aww....

R.I.P. (rest in pieces) Return this man to Huma's breast etc etc.
<--- Just try imagine basketball player Eric Snow as Lord Erik Snow...

Flandrake
11/26/2002 8:51 PM

OOC:I'll wait for Quaide and Time before Lash says anything and Devin is still in the air. As soon as he gets there though he will surrender because he wants to protect the people etc etc.

QueshuWarrior
11/27/2002 1:08 PM

Quaide shook his head in dissapointment as he saw the dragons force Palanthas into surrender.

" What to do now?" Quaide thought. The giant then turned to Lash and Time.

" I'm Quaide. Soldier in the army of Palanthas. However my army is at the High Clerist Tower. Now i'm stuck here. I will do my best to free this city." Quaide said to the two.

" Tiefling, now YOUR life and freedom is in danger. Will you help me? I have a plan, all we need to do is gather a revolt. First we must go to a friend of mines home, there we can devise a more complete plan." Quaide began scratching his chin in thought.

" Before I leave, i need to know if you two will follow me there." Quaide waited for an answer.

Flandrake
11/27/2002 5:18 PM

OOC: How does Quaide know Lash is a Tiefling? He doesn't seem to be magical in any way and he hasn't done anything to find out.

IC: "Oh MY, life. Psh freedom, this city means nothing to me. It's who is behind this that worries me. And you can go about your plan, I wish you the best of luck, as for me I'm not going." Lash turns and walks away calmly.

OOC: This is just Lash's personality, nothing personal just to make sure you don't get mad.

Alanded
11/27/2002 7:10 PM


Skitz, who had pulled his robes up a little bit so he wouldn't trip over them again, followed Rei off the plank. He sat down on a nearby rock and pulled out some cheese to eat.


OOC:
Detan (soaringeagle), we're waiting for you, and your ogres.


OOC:
Soaring seems to have disappeared, so I guess it's time to put my mad DM SKEEEEEEEEELZ into play again. :D

BIC:

"Blast it! Where did the damned ogre get off to?" Rukh said impatiently.

Suddenly, a goblin comes up to Rukh. "Master," it says, grovelling pitifully before the huge minotaur. Boss Detan has gone chasing off after a human survivor."

"What? Well we don't have time to wait for him to get back. When he gets back, tell him he'll be defending Westia with Deke instead of coming with us. And get my Deke's brother!"

The goblin ran off, and moments later, Deke the Mountain's younger brother, Eked the Molehill arrived.

"Eked, we need to kill a few dwarves and wreck a couple of catapaults. You in?" Rukh asked.

"Sure thing. Let's mosey." Eked said, doing his best Cloud Strife impersonation. His men were already gathered behind him and spoiling for a fight.

"OK. Let's rock." Rukh said, then turned to Rei. "Lead the way to those damned dwarves."

OOC:
If Soaring comes back, I can slip him back into the story, no problem there, so no worries. Anyway, it's time fer some killin'."

Alanded
11/27/2002 7:19 PM


She manuverued quickly, dodging the attack that almost ripped her wing. She had felt that before, a most painful experience, and did not wish for it to happen again. 'At least I have speed and agility on my side,' she thought, a grin spreading across her reptilian face as she whipped her tail around, aiming for her opponents exposed belly.


Belfane gasped as he was struck a glancing blow, his breath driven from his lungs. His wings faltered momentarily, and a veil of darkness slipped across his vision. When he could see again, he found himself descending rapidly in a graceless dive. Spreading his wings wider, he caught a thermal updraft and rode it for a while to gain altitude, all the while searching for his opponent.

It's been too long. I've gotten soft, he thought wearily.

Alanded
11/27/2002 7:26 PM


I'll wait for Quaide and Time before Lash says anything and Devin is still in the air. As soon as he gets there though he will surrender because he wants to protect the people etc etc.


OOC: Flan, are u sure you want Devin to get captured? Once the details and formalities about Palanthas' surrender are sorted out, they'll be attacking the High Clerist's Tower u know.

Oh, and I'll be splicing in Eliar and Co.'s storyline next week, sometime around Thursday latest, so get Gerad ready (It'll be kinda unorthodox tho', I'm just warning u in advance).

Doombug
11/28/2002 6:49 AM


"Sure thing. Let's mosey." Eked said, doing his best Cloud Strife impersonation. His men were already gathered behind him and spoiling for a fight.

"OK. Let's rock." Rukh said, then turned to Rei. "Lead the way to those damned dwarves."


Rei leading the way went off to wear the dwarfs were hiding acording to his scout's after about a 10 min walk they appered in front of a hugh hill will and out get over it.

"Over this hill is the dwarfs we don't know how many there are but I will go and look" Rei walks up the hill a bit then turns back

"O ya almost forgot get into positen and when you hear an explosien attack".

Rei unbluckes a gernade and walks up the hill tossing it in his hands back and forth back and forth... Rei peaks over the top of hill and sees there are about 25 of them with 4 hugh catapaults. Rei pulls the pin on the gernade and looks for a good place. There right on one of the catapaults that was just begging built. Rei takes careful aim then lets it fly BOOM there it was the signal to attack Rei stands up and charges into the confusing killing anything in sight...

OOC:Contune on :)

Dark_Master
11/28/2002 9:03 AM

Time's face darkend. He looked grave. This was indeed early. The presence of the dragons frightend the currents. Dragonfear gripped him, only for the void inside to swallow the fear whole. One benefit of his stolen soul he mused.

His eyes turned to Lash's disappearing form. He turned aswell, following in the wake. He thought on what to do. He couldn't take on the dragons, such power was beyond him for now, and the tap into such would be.....un-immaginable....

For now, his mind wandered.....

UndeadDragon
11/28/2002 5:10 PM

Skitz casually walked up upon the hill. He was about to prepare a spell when he noticed a dwarf eating some cheese, watching the fight. Skitz began to drool and his eyes widened. He ran at an unimaginable speed at the dwarf, and tackled him, catching the dwarf off guard. Skitz poked the dwarfs eyes out and scratched his jugular vein. He then snatched the cheese and ate it, while mumbling a spell that made each catapult burst into flames.

Skitz calmy sat down and savored his prize.

Flandrake
11/28/2002 9:21 PM

OOC: Here's another character I'll toss into the mix but I'm hopping to keep him around longer than one or two posts. Also is it me or have all our girl players disappered?

IC: Grehrack slashed off a goblin's head then smashed in anothers shoulder with his hammer. He circled around and saw ogres, he grunted and flung his hammer at one. The ogre caught with a thud and almost lost his balnce. Grehrack ran forward and swung his axe into the ogre's side and then drew another throwing axe from his side and flung it in one head of a shocked ogre. He drew out his axe and hit again and again, until anohter ogre charged at him. Grehrack rolled under his legs and and brought his axe up behind him hitting the ogre in the back with the spike that stuck out. Grehrack looked up at the catapults and his men, the catapults were on fire but one was saved. The fire was put out by Lerran and his group. Grehrack estimated that he now only had ten men left including himself. He would fall back to the catapult and protect it. Grehrack ran back pulling two dwarves out of the fray to meet up with Lerran. Grehrack ordered the dwarves to form a perimeter around the catapult. Only eight dwarves two less than expected and two would need to man the catapult. This would bea tuff one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin saw the mass number of dragons, "Go back to the tower men. We cannot attack. They will most likely attack the tower next and we have a better chance there than here." Devin turned his dragon and cursed himself for attacking so stupidly. Once he got back he stopped the march and readied for the hopless defense of The Clerist Tower.

Doombug
11/29/2002 4:52 AM

Rei seeing the dwarfs fall back to the catapulte made a mad dash there try to get there first no use Rei just dogged a thrown hammer that smashed into his ear ripping it off Rei starts to laugh. (I would suggest running) Rei grabbes to gernades runs up to the some dwarfs and shovles them in his shirt 5 seconds later there is an explosine and the dwarf is now gone. Rei mutters to him self."God damn Dwarfs me hat Dwarfs me HATE DWARFS" Rei takes out one hugh gernade hidden under his shirt runs up and straps it to the catapulte. Rei runs ducks and jumps behind a rock with 5 axes and to hammers behinded his head blood slowly starts dripping for wear the last hammer had hit his ear. "Suck on this Dwarfeves" rei covers his ear and the catapulte blows into little bits on wood. Rei looks up and is unhappy to see the most of the dwarfs lived through it but the catapulte didn't, Rei very unhappy looks for the leader then draws his knives and charges at him...

OOC: Do what ya want kill,capture,fight what ever ya want :)

QueshuWarrior
11/29/2002 5:49 AM

OOC: Sorry about that Flan, i thought Lash had some visible horns or something.


IC:

" Hmmm.....Too many." Quaide mumbled to himself as he looked out of the alleyway. There were now rows of Knights of Takhisis marching through the gates of New City. Four or five dragons still flew in the skies. A couple were landed by the market.

" It is hopeless, I must return to the Tower. They must know most of the army is at the High Clerist Tower. They do not intend for war here. No....they want war at the Tower." Quaide said to himself, and somewhat to Lash and Time.

Quaide strapped his two sided hammer to his back and began walking away. The giant turned for a final farewell.

" I must be going now. I suggest that after you two do your business here, come on over to the Tower as fast as you can. Soon the walls may be crawling with dark knights and it will be impossible to escape. Farewell."

Quaide waved goodbye then ran off in the shadows of the buildings. He found the hidden hole in the city wall. He had the chance to leave when he remembered what he had forgotten. Monty's wife and child were still in Palanthas!

Quaide started heading back to the market carefully, making sure not to be seen. He saw the small home with the wooden marlin sign, swinging on the front.

" There it is!" Quaide told himself in relief. He saw the crowd of screaming people as well. He decided to blend with them. He bent low and ran throught the swarm of people till he got to the door.

Quaide knocked quietly three times....no response.

" Mrs. Franko?" Quaide whispered....still no response.

Quaide shook the door nob....it was locked! Fed up and in worry, Quaide lifted his massive leg and kicked the door in with a loud bash. He quickly unstrapped his hammer.

The sight of the room send a chill down his spine. Tables were over turned, the bed mattress was torn apart, and in the corner was Monty's beautiful wife, Belinda. However, she was not herself. Her neck was tilted to one side and dark red blood dripped from her mouth.

Quaide ran to her in panic. He lifted her head and then realized the slit on her throat.

Quaide began to mourn, then he heard the cry of a baby.

" Angela!" Quaide yelled in shock as he ran to the baby girl's crib. He lifted the small two year old baby and took off his pack. He gently plopped Angela inside it and put it back on.

Quaide was just about to leave when suddenly, out of the shadows came a helmeted knight. He ran straight for Quaide who quickly turned to block the sword strike with a wooden chair he picked up just in time.

The sword remained stuck in the chair. Quaide grabbed his hammer, yanked it out of the straps and swung with such a force that sent the dark knight flying into the bathroom. Quaide followed, and after much screams and shouts, he returned, blood soaking his hands.

Before he left, Quaide went over to Belinda and touched her cheek. The giant then carefully removed the diamond ring from her finger. He wiped the tears from his eyes then head back to the secret hole.

Quaide finally got out of Palanthas unseen. He sighed and began walking back to the tower, taking a route through a forest, which made him much harder to see. On the long walk, only one thought went through Quaides mind. How was he going to tell Monty?

Alanded
11/29/2002 7:18 AM


"Suck on this Dwarfeves" rei covers his ear and the catapulte blows into little bits on wood. Rei looks up and is unhappy to see the most of the dwarfs lived through it but the catapulte didn't, Rei very unhappy looks for the leader then draws his knives and charges at him...


Rukh was almost knocked off his feet by a large explosion that shook the entire hill. Shaking his head to clear the ringing in his skull, he saw Rei in trouble.

"Damn, can't bring him anywhere." Swinging his huge battle axe over his head, he charged the dwarves advancing on Rei, hoping to reach the goblin before he got himself killed.

There was a meaty thwack as he buried his axe in a dwarf's skull, bits of brain clinging to it when he pulled it out with a sickening squelch. "What are you trying to do, Rei? Tickle them to death with those two butter knives of yours?"

Doombug
11/29/2002 12:19 PM


Rukh was almost knocked off his feet by a large explosion that shook the entire hill. Shaking his head to clear the ringing in his skull, he saw Rei in trouble.

"Damn, can't bring him anywhere." Swinging his huge battle axe over his head, he charged the dwarves advancing on Rei, hoping to reach the goblin before he got himself killed.

There was a meaty thwack as he buried his axe in a dwarf's skull, bits of brain clinging to it when he pulled it out with a sickening squelch. "What are you trying to do, Rei? Tickle them to death with those two butter knives of yours?"

Rei "BUTTER KNIVES why I will show you" Rei takes aim throws one knife at the a dwarf running at him. The dwarf stoped and looked at his chest the knife was protrouding from his chest and was starting to glow then suddenly the dwarf exploded and it started to rain dwarf chunks. The knife slowly floats back to rei hand. "See look at that I can handle my self" Rei says it but you can tell from his eyes he welcomed the help.

Flandrake
11/30/2002 4:00 PM

It all happened so fast, the explostions and the crazy goblin... Grehrack barely had time to avoide the derbes flying everywhere. One dwarf down, then another fell to the mad goblin. The charging ogre took out another and then Grehrack saw just three of them left. He grunted, they would have to retreat if they wanted to live. Grehrack got up onthe boulder and jumped onto the charging ogre's back. He withdrew a dagger and begin stabbing it into his neck. Lerran was trying to fend off the goblin but had lost all his weapons but a hammer from the exploding daggers. Grehrack lost sight of Jallorn, he was probably dead.

OOC: You can kill Lerran if you want. Also Alan I figuered since this ogre wasn't a main character I could kill him. If not I wont. Time I guess you can do the next Palanthas post. Thats it for now I guess.

QueshuWarrior
11/30/2002 5:35 PM

Quaide entered the gates of the High Clerist Tower. He saw Devin and his dragons lower in a large field.

Quaide ran towards the dismounting Devin.

" What the hell are we to do now?! You saw that fleet! How are we to stop them when they attack?!" Quaide yelled in fury.

Alanded
11/30/2002 6:29 PM


OOC: You can kill Lerran if you want. Also Alan I figuered since this ogre wasn't a main character I could kill him. If not I wont. Time I guess you can do the next Palanthas post. Thats it for now I guess.


OOC: So long as u don't kill Rukh, or any of the Villain PCs, its fine with me.

BIC:

Rukh stared in astonishment at the carnage Rei had just wrought. "I gotta remember to stay on his good side." he mutered to himself," swinging his axe at another dwarf. Nearby, an ogre cried out in pain as a dwarf sliced open his neck with a dagger, a fountain of blood gushing out from the wound.

"I'll fix him." Rukh said. The minotaur came at Lerran while he was looking in the other direction, swinging his axe around in a vicious arc. The dwarf turned around at the last second, alerted by the sound of the axe blade whistling through the air, and then was decapitated, jets of crimson fluid spraying out in a spectacular eruption from severed arteries.

"Heh! Try and beat that!" Rukh called out to Rei.

Flandrake
11/30/2002 8:53 PM

Grehrack pushed off the back of the ogre and cursed as he saw Lerran die. He slid down the mountain side avoiding explosions and hearing the final screams of the dwarves. Grehrack held back tears and went into a small hidden enterence. He kept running through the small trail only big enough for the enemy goblins to get through and even then they would be stopped by the traps. Grehrack went through through a set out path that only the 25 dwaves new all other paths would lead to death or a lot of pain. He ran unti lhe reached the supply room and reloaded his weapons and supplies. He slid down through an escape hatch down to a side path and stop to rest for a moment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin almost fell over from the shaking Quaide gave him, "As long as this outpost is defended by men with faith and Paladine walks with us, we can't lose!" Devin didn't believe his own words but it would give strength to his men and meybe he would convince himself.

eswiftfire
12/01/2002 10:36 AM

OOC: gotta insert some minor characters.... where?

UndeadDragon
12/01/2002 1:49 PM

Skitz queitly watched the battle end, nibbling his last bit of cheese. He knew he didnt need to help a whole lot. He stood and brushed himself off, then turned and began to make his way to Rei and Rukh. He then noticed a dwarf entering a small tunnel, just down the mountain side. Skitz, knowing several things about dwarves, knew he should not follow. The goblin shrugged, figuring he'd die sooner or later, and began walking again.

QueshuWarrior
12/01/2002 6:04 PM

" Devin......i have an idea." Quaide calmed down then brought Devin back to his office. He waited for Devin to be seated then he began.

" My men have practiced in fighting much larger armies than our own. That's what we are trained in. There are only twenty of us. What i plan to do, with your permission, is hide my men in the forest next to the path leading to the Tower. When the enemy ground troops, like the dark knights, come my men will surround them and attack. After some damage, we will retreat back to the Clerist Tower. That is where i hope your men and dragons will be ready. This not only catches the enemy by suprise, but when they chase us back to the Tower, there is no doubt that they will be scattered, and in that case weaker." Quaide caught his breath.

" We know dragons will be accompanying the dark knights. That is why we must attack and retreat as fast as possible." Quaide finished and waited for Devins comments.

Flandrake
12/01/2002 8:01 PM

"I'll send some of my knights to help and provide cover for your retreat. In a way you plan sounds like what elves would do, attack from the woods. Too bad we don't have any of their archers, eh?"

Alanded
12/01/2002 9:26 PM


Skitz queitly watched the battle end, nibbling his last bit of cheese. He knew he didnt need to help a whole lot. He stood and brushed himself off, then turned and began to make his way to Rei and Rukh. He then noticed a dwarf entering a small tunnel, just down the mountain side. Skitz, knowing several things about dwarves, knew he should not follow. The goblin shrugged, figuring he'd die sooner or later, and began walking again.


"Was that all of them?" Rukh asked, Rei and Skitz, who'd just walked up. "We'd better get moving, fast. We need to get to the High Clerist' Tower in time for the assault. Eked, how many casualties?"

"Three dead, four hurt. Dwarves fight good. Die good too." The ogre replied, grinning and showing his fangs.

"That's all right then, we're not going back for more men." He turned back to Rei. "Let's go, captain!"

Alanded
12/01/2002 9:51 PM


" My men have practiced in fighting much larger armies than our own. That's what we are trained in. There are only twenty of us. What i plan to do, with your permission, is hide my men in the forest next to the path leading to the Tower. When the enemy ground troops, like the dark knights, come my men will surround them and attack. After some damage, we will retreat back to the Clerist Tower. That is where i hope your men and dragons will be ready. This not only catches the enemy by suprise, but when they chase us back to the Tower, there is no doubt that they will be scattered, and in that case weaker." Quaide caught his breath.

" We know dragons will be accompanying the dark knights. That is why we must attack and retreat as fast as possible." Quaide finished and waited for Devins comments.


Loren watched the long line of guardsmen filing out from the barracks and into the wagons with contempt. They had surrendered without a fight, and were meekly allowing themselves to be led away and locked up like criminals. Weak, the dark knight thought. Cowards, every one of them.

"It's all going just like we planned", a familiar voice said abruptly behind him.

Startled, Loren flinched slightly. It was a barely perceptible movement, yet he knew that the other woud not miss it. "It almost didn't. Your master's pet dark-elven assassin nearly cost us the element of surprise. Thankfully, we were ahead of schedule, or who knows what defences they might have set up."

"But it worked, that's all that counts." Gant stepped out from the shadows of a darkened alley. The spymaster slipped his left hand into the pocket of his vest, withdrawing a smokeleaf which he lit with a gnomish lighter.

Loren scowled as wreaths of sweet smelling smoke reached his nostrils. "Still haven't gotten over your addiction I see. By the way, how did you get here so fast? Last I heard, you were in Sanction."

Gant shrugged. "It helps me think. And I have my ways for getting around."

Smug bastard Loren scowled. "I suppose you have a reason to be here?"

"My sources tell me you have saboteurs in the city."

"SABOTEURS!!" Loren's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Who?"

"I should be saying this to Ariakas."

"He's busy, and I'm his second-in-command. You can talk to me. And hurry, we're getting ready to hit the High Clerist's Tower."

"Very well. I have an agent in the mayor of Bloden's household. Apparently, our friend Lord Tloluvin has been a very busy man..."

Doombug
12/02/2002 4:39 AM


"Was that all of them?" Rukh asked, Rei and Skitz, who'd just walked up. "We'd better get moving, fast. We need to get to the High Clerist' Tower in time for the assault. Eked, how many casualties?"

"Three dead, four hurt. Dwarves fight good. Die good too." The ogre replied, grinning and showing his fangs.

"That's all right then, we're not going back for more men." He turned back to Rei. "Let's go, captain!"


"Right then lets move out I got places to fly guys to move and bombs to drop".

Rei starts leading the way back to the ship.

"Ok people we are going to be leaving soon so pack up and don't leave anything behind"

Rei walks up the gang plank and heads off to the map to wait for orders.

QueshuWarrior
12/02/2002 1:04 PM

" Alright Devin, I'll go tell my men of to get ready. They still dont know of the surrendor of Palanthas." Quaide lifted his massive body from the chair and left the office. He walked back to his mens tower and saw that all his men and some archers were participating in a game of pickup football. Quaide smiled at this, but had a deep sorrow.

" Hey guys! Huddle up! I've got news!" Quaide waited till his men huddled around him.

" Palanthas was attacked and surrendered this morning." Quaide waited for all the commotion to end before speaking again. "We had to retreat since the army is expected to attack the Tower within days, maybe even in hours." All the men were talking amongst each other now. Quaide noticed Monty pacing around in anxiety.

" We will hide in the forest. When the dark knights pass we will jump out and assault them. We must do it quickly then retreat back to the Tower, where Devin and his knights will protect us. I warn you, there are dragons on BOTH sides. This is gonna be a war to remember! Now get ready and meet me at the gates! I'll need about ten archers, the rest go directly to Devin." Quaide finished and saw a dozen archers come to him.

" We will serve you in the assault." the archers said simultaniously.

" Twelve works. Now follow me!" Quaide started walking back to the gates.

" Quaide! My family!" Monty called for help.

" Monty, I need to speak with you." Quaide walked back and put his arm on his friends shoulder.
" Belinda is dead." Quaide said with sadness. Monty put his head to Quaides chest and began to cry.

" I found Angela, she's in my pack, alive." Quaide said unzipping his large pack. Monty lifted the small baby from it with care. He squeezed it affectionately.

" God bless you Quaide!" Monty, still crying, ran to get ready for battle.

Flandrake
12/02/2002 2:58 PM

OOC:Hurray! My dwarven character did not die :) the only problem is I never figured out who he would meet up with first. He can either head east and meet up with Gerad and Eliar or West and meet up with Quaide, Lash, and Time. Which reminds, I assume Lash and Time are just in hiding then we can either go directly to the mayors house and try and kill big bad leader dude. Or we can start a big bar fight and take some armour from some guards. This is the way I figured things might work but Alan its your call sense your controling the whole army that is controling Palanthas.

Dark_Master
12/03/2002 12:38 AM

OOC: Flan...we'll make our way to the Mayor's house....but taking the armour might be a good idea.

Alanded
12/03/2002 5:13 AM


Rei walks up the gang plank and heads off to the map to wait for orders.


"OK, here's the plan, it's prety straightforward stuff. They got dragons an evrything at the Tower, so attacking directly at them won't do anything but get us all killed. There wouldn't be enough left of this ship to fill a matchbox, so this is what we're gonna do. Kalaman is the nearest city with anything resembling a half decent army, and the Solamnic garrison there isn't going to pretty things up there any. What we're gonna do is a quick hit and run against the city at night to keep them busy and stop them from reinforcing the High Clerist's Tower. With luck, we'll draw some of the other Solamnics nearby to defend it as well. Any questions?"

Airiana
12/03/2002 5:18 AM

Airiana smirked as she watched her opponent fall gracelessly from the sky, but just before he would have hit, Belfane caught an updraft and was looking all around to find her. With or without the thermal, the Bronze was still closer to Krynn than Airiana was and she aimed a large blast of her fiery-ice Dragonbreath at her opponent, hoping he wouldn't look up before it hit.

Suddenly, Airiana's Silver side seemed to win control. She did not want to kill another Dragon. Looking below her, she noticed her Dragonbreath only seconds away from hitting her once-opponent, though he knew not of the change. Quickly, wanting to spare the Bronze's life, she set up a shield that she prayed to the Gods of Good would protect him. Just as the blast was about to hit the other Dragon, the shield kicked in. The Bronze was safe.

Airiana thanked the Gods above and sent a mental message to the other Dragon. 'I am sorry for any pain I may have caused you. Unfortunately, my heritage is half Red and when evil is abound, it is hard to control that evil side. I regret disposing of the mortal, Erik, I was not in control of myself. Forgive me, please.' Airiana's Heart-Emerald turned a dark blue in colour, showing the deep sadness she felt. She flew closer to the Bronze, but stayed far enough away that she might defend herself if the other Dragon seeked retribution.

OOC: I'm ba-ack!! Well anywho, Alanded, I hope this doesn't ruin any plans you might have. Airiana is half and half, so she kinda goes back and forth between good and evil. I'm sure this quality could be used in the story to twist things around a little. But, if you'd rather my character stay evil, I can change the above contribution to the story. And by the way, is Belfane important, or can he be killed?

~~ Airi

Alanded
12/03/2002 5:39 AM


He can either head east and meet up with Gerad and Eliar or West and meet up with Quaide, Lash, and Time. Which reminds, I assume Lash and Time are just in hiding then we can either go directly to the mayors house and try and kill big bad leader dude. Or we can start a big bar fight and take some armour from some guards. This is the way I figured things might work but Alan its your call sense your controling the whole army that is controling Palanthas.


OOC:

Do whatever you need to do. I hope you realise from my post (the one with Gant in it) that your mission was already blown from square one thanks to a spy in Lord Tloluvin's household. Right now Loren is a bit too busy with the planned attack on the High Clerist's tower to be able to do much about you two, so now is the best time to either infiltrate deep and hide yourselves, or cause the maximum amount of damage that you can.

Now I just need to figure out how to deal with Dalamar. :D (Guess this is where Meldius comes in) I'll post this part tomorrow.

UndeadDragon
12/03/2002 9:01 AM


OOC:Hurray! My dwarven character did not die :) the only problem is I never figured out who he would meet up with first. He can either head east and meet up with Gerad and Eliar or West and meet up with Quaide, Lash, and Time.


OOC: This is a perfect oppurtunity for Skitz to run into Eliar! That is of course if you head that way and my leaving Rei and the others doesn't interfere with any or Alanded's plans. :D

Flandrake
12/03/2002 3:03 PM

OOC: I know that the mission is blown but Time and Lash don't so they're probably screwed (Yeah Right). That was pretty core with the cig and everything. I'll have Grehrack meet with Gerad, Eliar and co.

IC: Lash whatched the marching guards in silence then once the passed he looked over to Time, "Kinda sad that the city fell so easily. And here we are stuck in the middle of it all. We're like members of some fellowship saving the world, like thoughs old stories.....Hey the cost is clear let's get to the at tavern." Lash took a quick look from side to side then ran across the street and into the Mad Hater Inn.

OOC: It seems like Time would say something wise to Lash's coments about the Fellowship thing thats why I put the ... it would be where Time would talk. He would say something like "Even the smallest person can make a change in the world." Or something like that LOL.

Dark_Master
12/04/2002 12:34 AM

"Old stories....", he mused. "Old stories that seem to shape the reality that we have found ourselves in.....", he whispered, more so to himself. "Old stories that have transpired, witnessed by these very eyes.....stories can be more harmful that the sharpest of blades...", his face was impassive, the chaos surrounding them did not seem to stir the void of nothingness that encompassed his soul.

The reached the Mad Hatter Inn....An odd name to say the least.., he thought.

Alanded
12/04/2002 4:23 AM


The reached the Mad Hatter Inn....An odd name to say the least.., he thought.


Everyone in Palanthas knew Joss was a madman. This was evident not from the fact that he wore his clothes back-to-front, nor from the eerie, manic glint in his eyes. It also wasn't because he had an annoyingly irritating habit of suddenly bursting out into song when someone was talking to him.

No. None of that. They knew he was a madman because only someone completely off his rockers would convert a thriving and prosperous business selling exquisite hats (the very best in Palanthas) into an innkeeping establishment (of which there were already more than enough in Palanthas). For the citizens of Palanthas, who valued good money sense above almost everything else, this was almost the same as walking into the temple of Paladine and burning it to the ground.

"He's mad," people would say whenever they passed by, so that in due time, it became known as the Mad Hatter's inn. The name caught on quickly, and when, one day, the old sign (Welcome Inn) was stolen by a kender, someone hung up a new one that said, simply, "Mad Hatter Inn".

On this dully exciting and wearyingly invigorating day, business was depressingly good for once (due to the sudden influx of a whole bunch of dark knights there was a shortage of living quarters). Joss, who was wearing a garishly coloured blue hat with a peacock feather stuck into it, and nothing else, was singing happily away as he served his customers.

"...I may be a tiny chimney sweep, but I have a really big broom!" his rich baritone voice shook the rafters and rattled the windowpanes.

"He's got that right", one of his guests muttered. "God! If there was anywhere else to stay..."

"There isn't, so shut up!" His companion who also happened to be his commanding officer growled.

"...Up! Up! Up her chimney flue!" Joss continued, sadly unaware of his customers' discomfort.

"I have no appetite left." Another dark knight said. "Isn't there a law against public exhibitionism in Palanthas?"

"Yeah, but we arrested all the guards, remember?"

"Oh, right. Well, damn..."

OOC: Flan and Time, you two can come in and interrupt this sorrowfully cheerful scene anytime you want to. :D

Oh, and Skitz, once again, whatever you wanna do man, whatever you wanna do. I got no problems changing stuff if necessary.

Alanded
12/04/2002 4:47 AM

(Still in Palanthas...)

Loren looked over the force that was assembled before him. It was impresive to say the least. Fifty blue dragons, four hundred knights of the Lily and ten each of the knights of the of the Skull and Thorn.

"Sir, the men are ready and await your orders." Voraen spoke as he walked up, saluting smartly.

"Good. You leave at once. Harry them as much as you can. I will join you with the rest of the army as soon as I've settled things in Palanthas. For now, a continued show of force is required to keep the citizens meek and subjugated."

"Understood sir." Voraen saluted again, turned around and marched to where his dragon awaited, climbing easily into the saddle.

"Move out!" He said curtly to the rest of the men. His dragon needed no further prompting, eager for battle, it leapt high into the air, its massive wings unfurling, each beat carrying them both higher. Behind him, he could hear the other dragons taking to the air, and the muted thunder of the other knights, mounted on horseback.

Loren watched them go, then turned and walked back to were Gant was leaning lazily against the wall. "Well, let's not waste any time, how do you plan to weed out those saboteurs?"

"I have spies here as well. They can't hide forever. Besides, I know where the mage is going."

"Oh? and where IS he going?" Loren looked questioningly at the spymaster.

"Why I woyld have thought it was obvious." Gant smiled, baiting the other on. Loren wasn't biting however, so with a disappointed shrug, he gave the knight a straight answer.



"He's going to see Dalamar."



OOC:
Yep. That was Meldius' mission. To see on which side the current guardian of the Tower stood. You have to remember, there's a portal to the Abyss in there. People are bound to be worried about that.

Quaide. Voraen will split the dragonriders up, 25 in the vanguard and 25 bringing up the rear. If you want to hit them, you'll have to strike quick, and do a hit n' fade, else you're going to get caught in an aerial pincer movement. Pity you don't have a mage eh? A few fireballs would have weeded out quite a few of those four hundred knights. :D

UndeadDragon
12/04/2002 8:07 AM

Skitz had taken his time walking back to the ship, with thoughts swarming in his head. He had suddenly became worried of the dwarf who escaped.

"Would he have somehow figured out where we were headed to, or that we were going to attack some place?", the goblin thought. "I should follow him..."

Without telling anyone, Skitz went back to the spot where he saw the dwarf. He ran down the mountain side and crouched at the secret passageway. He knew there would be traps, but he also knew there was someway to get around them. Skitz took one of his spellbooks from inside his robes and flipped through the pages, until he found what he was looking for. He quickly memorized the spell, then put the book back in his robes.

Skitz looked inside the passageway and muttered a spell, which illuminated its darkness. Then he muttered another and prints appeared along the inside of the passageway. Skitz crawled in and followed the ones that appeared to be dwarven, hoping that he would not run into traps.

Alanded
12/04/2002 6:11 PM

OOC: Time to write Eliar, Gerad and the others back in I guess.

BIC:

"Hey, where the hell do you think you're going!" Sancho, the head cook in the kitchen of Vhelor's Holdfast screamed shrilly, grabbing at Squall's arm. "The beef needs tenderising. You want the commanders to chew our asses off again? And you!" The fat head cook turned around and pointed at Eliar."Second Assistant Potato Peeler Swiftfire! No loafing around, get back to work! And when you're done, I have some onions I need chopped as well, so move it!"

OOC: Flan, I figured enough time has passed for you guys to have infiltrated the fortress as kitchen staff, so there you are. Write Gerad in as an assistant soup stirrer or something, and then we can really get started. Oh, and Eliar, you'll need to find something for Parvattis and Marduk to do.

eswiftfire
12/05/2002 9:44 AM


BIC:

"Hey, where the hell do you think you're going!" Sancho, the head cook in the kitchen of Vhelor's Holdfast screamed shrilly, grabbing at Squall's arm. "The beef needs tenderising. You want the commanders to chew our asses off again? And you!" The fat head cook turned around and pointed at Eliar."Second Assistant Potato Peeler Swiftfire! No loafing around, get back to work! And when you're done, I have some onions I need chopped as well, so move it!"


"Screw you man! If you were in my world, I would've turned you into ashes with a snap of my fingers. And turn the entire Neraka into a crater with one single spell. I could move mountains, dry oceans, make gods bow before my manly might." Was what Eliar wanted to say. But since he wasn't in Isindir, all he could do was...

"Aha!" Eliar laughed dumbly and tried speaking with a heavy accent. "Me is going to peel potatoes now! No worry! Eliar is EXPERT potato peeler!"

After thumping his chest, he picked up a knife and started peeling potatoes while humming... something that sounded like a string of swear words directed at Sancho.

"Aaaaaaaah! Delicious! The knights will like this!" Marduk, newly-appointed soup taster said as he ALMOST finished half a pot of chicken soup.

Dammit! How come he's the soup taster, not me? Eliar glared at the fat man, his dark eyes filled with jealousy.

OOC: I'll think of what Parvatis can do later.

QueshuWarrior
12/05/2002 11:47 AM

OOC: Flan, i need Devin and his army to defend the Tower. Quaide and his men are just doing what they can.

Also, I think if Lash and Time roused a revolution in Palanthas some of the army would have to retreat. That would be awesome!


IC: Quaide, the giant warrior, looked back at his men. They were all lightly suited. Some had leather armor, but most were bare-chested, for it was fairly warm out. They stood at the gates, getting ready to depart into the forest.

Quaide led the small group of thirty-seven not too far from the gates. He then led them about fifty yards into the thick forest. Located there was an open area where Quaide would make his speech.

" Brothers! The day has come!" Quaide spoke with his booming voice to the watchful crowd. "Once again evil has threatened our lives. But will we go down without a fight?" Quaide shouted raising his hammer.

" NO!" cheered the crowd.

" Will we leave our friends and family in danger?" Quaide shouted once again.

" NO!" the crowd shouted back. They were ready for battle, clanging their swords and axes on their small shields.

" I warn you my brothers! We cannot stay for tea! We must strike then run back to the tower. The dark knights come on horseback! These twelve archers who know these woods. They will help with the assault. Wait for the archers to finish off their arrows. Then and only then, we will attack. While we wait for these armies, listen to these archers. Learn of the forest, for we might have to run through it! Understood?" Quaide saw his lack of men and grew worried.

" YES SIR!" the crowd shouted back and everyone was roused up.

" We must not attack aimlessly! Listen to me! I will tell you where you must go. The archers will be in the trees, six on each side. I will be in the front line hiding in the bushes on the left side of the path. Monty will be commanding on the right side. Half come with me, half go with him. In the midst of the archers assault, you must set off the traps we have set up. You will be taught when you get to your stations. I wish you all good luck! Lets win this thing and go home!" The thought of home caused the small band of men to get serious. They realized then what they were fighting for.

Quaide brought nine men with him to the the left side of the path. Monty and his men swiftly ran across the wide path to the right side. Quaide whispered to his men. They began to seperate and hid in seperate bushes, all fairly close to each other. Quaide looked back at the gates and saw them close shut. He saw Devin getting his men ready for the battle. Quaide depended on Devins men. Quaide and his band of brawlers could not defeat this army alone..........

Flandrake
12/05/2002 3:01 PM

OOC: Yeah, don't worry about the tower and your back. Devin's got that covered.

Gerad held back tears as he cut the onions in. He was lucky it had been days since he lasted shaved so he had almost a full beard instead of the Solmanic moustaches. But he still had his pride and would not break down because of a bunch of vegetables. He hated going in as a cook. Why couldn't they be guards or merchants. No, they had to be cooks. Gerad did only what cooking was needed to stay alive but he never wanted to make a carrear out of it. Finally he finished and took the cuttingboard filled with onions over to Parvattis so he could put the oinons in the Erogth onion soup. It would be served in bread bowls and topped with cheese and croutons. "Don't you think it's time we knock him out and move to where the real problem is?" Gerad kept his voice low.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grehrack ran out the otherside of the mountain and looked up at the sun then peered down inot his hands where he held a map. He was going to head east and try and meet up with some dwarves there and tell them of what was going on in the West. He followed it up and began doing a dwarven traveling stride. He kept his axe drawn and hummed a dwarven marching song quietly to himself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lash looked around the inn, dark knights covered the room. There were a few patrons but most were dark knights. He didn't want to waste anymore time so he went straight into action. He walked quickly past a dark knight and hit him with his side. The dark knight turned and stood straight up, "Whatch were your going!"

"Why don't you whatch were you put your fat ass."

The knight was easily angered and threw a punch at Lash. Lash easily caught the bunch using some devil power and threw him to the side on top of the table he had sat at. He then grabbed a chair at his side and flung it at a dark knight drawing his sword. The sword hit the bare head and knocked the man to the ground. A dark knight charged sword raised. Lash doged his slashs and grabbed his hands and flung him over his head. He held the greatsword in one had and begin to twirl it. He then stopped and brought it down to his side and laughed (he laughed like Christopher Lambert would, you know that dry scary laugh were you know he's going to kick your ass).

UndeadDragon
12/06/2002 8:47 AM

Skitz tumbled into the light out of the passageway. He stood and turned, seeing that he had gone through a whole mountain. He marveled at the skill and patience of dwarves, but then remembered he should be quick.

The track spell hadn't worn off, and he saw many small prints leading out of the passageway. Most of them were faded, but one was dark and clear, telling Skitz it was fairly new. They were headed East. The goblin ran along the trail, still hoping that he was going the right way.

eswiftfire
12/07/2002 9:46 AM

OOC: Hey, isn't Grehrack the dwarf in 'Caravan of Death'????? Didn't he get a religion or something? Oh. Have edited my previous post, Marduk was supposedly the one tasting the soup, but I'll turn Parvatis into another soup-taster too.

IC:



"Don't you think it's time we knock him out and move to where the real problem is?" Gerad kept his voice low.


"I dunno," Parvatis whispered in return. "Eliar said we'll wait until nightfall, when everyone's asleep. Oh, and he said something about this being a great opportunity to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our enemies too, if we are really going to get ourself involved in this war."

The gnome turned towards Eliar. The spiky haired person who MIGHT be an all-powerful mage and currently disguised as the potato peeler hummed a cheerfully depressing tune while peeling potatoes.

OOC:

Oh, Alanded's involved in a road accident. Won't be posting until a while.

QueshuWarrior
12/07/2002 5:43 PM

OOC: Alan, whenever your ready, just move your evil troops down the path. I'll take it from there. You dont have to do it immediately, just dont forget about it.

Flandrake
12/08/2002 1:45 PM

OOC:

Hey, isn't Grehrack the dwarf in 'Caravan of Death'????? Didn't he get a religion or something?


That was more for a wierd twist in plot sense that thread sorta warped and died. He was the same dwarf but he only lived in that town for a short time and left. He went back to the dwarves and made this group and just began building new spots and fighting enimies etc. etc.

eswiftfire
12/09/2002 12:37 AM

OOC:


That was more for a wierd twist in plot sense that thread sorta warped and died. He was the same dwarf but he only lived in that town for a short time and left. He went back to the dwarves and made this group and just began building new spots and fighting enimies etc. etc.


Ah. Okay.

But the thread didn't die, it ended, remember?

eswiftfire
12/10/2002 1:02 AM

OOC:

I think I'll add some minor characters into this thread. Anyone that had to do with the revolution. Let's make this war bloodier, more casualties.

eswiftfire
12/10/2002 1:14 AM


The knight was easily angered and threw a punch at Lash. Lash easily caught the bunch using some devil power and threw him to the side on top of the table he had sat at. He then grabbed a chair at his side and flung it at a dark knight drawing his sword. The sword hit the bare head and knocked the man to the ground. A dark knight charged sword raised. Lash doged his slashs and grabbed his hands and flung him over his head. He held the greatsword in one had and begin to twirl it. He then stopped and brought it down to his side and laughed (he laughed like Christopher Lambert would, you know that dry scary laugh were you know he's going to kick your ass).


"What the fuck?" One of the larger dark knights, obviously the leader, yelled in surprise as he saw his men being disposed one by one. "YOU'RE DEAD!" He bellowed.

Yet before could reach for his sword, he saw a shrieker (imagine a large shuriken) spinning in the air, and straight towards him and the other knights. It cut a bloody path straight to the center and then buried itself in the floor, motionless. Fountains of blood smeared the wall. Headless bodies collapsed onto the floor, twitching, and twitching, until they went limp. The severed head of the leader rolled towards the leg of a bearded man sitting at the bar.

The man grinned in a very sadistic manner. "That... that's *hic* what you ..... *hic* get for disturbing me while I'm thinking!"

Ignoring the screams of other patrons, he kicked the bloody head towards the remaining knights, who shrunk away in fear.

"Hey pal, stop stariing, gimme some more whiskey... " The man growled at the innkeeper.

Dark_Master
12/10/2002 2:15 AM

Time had watched Lash as he fought. He stood to the side, watching with an impassive and non-chalant air. His mind itched, the room grew dark, his eyes stared ahead, but saw nothing.

It has been some time had it not....., the god looked grim. Time averted his gaze. You honour me Gilean, Lord, but this is not the best of times to commume with me....there is a battle to be fought. And with my....restraints in place....i need all my wit...so, if you would excuse me. I had best aid my companion.., he turned his mind, but felt it pulled back.

Yes Time...your restraints....are no longer, i release you from that oath. I know of the battle ahead, she clouds you visions, but no easily mine. There comes a time when even neutrility must offer a gestuing hand, if only for a small part.....the restrictions i placed on you are torn, i will deal with my brethren Gods, they will be displeased, but concern with them not, i shall., with that the god of the book turned and vanished, leaving Time once again in the tavern.

But now a smirk touched his impassive lips. His restrictions leveled, he could now fight with power.

eswiftfire
12/10/2002 8:29 AM

OOC: Changed some description in my previous post after realizing how uncool it was.

Flandrake
12/10/2002 8:00 PM

OOC:Ed don't forget about Eliar and Gerad.

Lash looked toward the bearded man who killed all the dark knights. He could tell the man was drunk but wondered how the hell he did all that. Lash took this as a sign and walked over to the old man,"Thoughs were some nice moves. May I ask where did you learn how do all that?"

eswiftfire
12/10/2002 10:18 PM

OOC: No worries. I'm actually waiting for phobic to put in her character. For the time being, you can let Gerad talk to Eliar if you want to.

IC:

The bearded man grinned. "Heh. Jushhhht *hic* shum tricksh of an old man! Take a sheeeat *hic*." He motioned towards the seats beside him.

"Hey, two whiskeys for the two here." He said to the bartender as he gestured towards Lash and Time.

"Sooooo, watcha' doin' *hic* here? You ain't from Palanthassssh.. *hic* I can SHMMEEEEELL it! Da name's Whiskeyjack." He winked.

Dark_Master
12/11/2002 1:49 AM

Time regarded the man, a slight tinge of distain in his eyes....he took the seat none the less. "No, we are not from Palanthas.....you may call me Time sir....i wish it was a pleasure to make your aquaintence, however...."His eyes looked the man up and down...."As it stands, or lack there of, it is not...", he turned his gaze to the door.....then to Lash. "I'll leave you hear with your new....friend....i need some air..", he stood, gave a slight incline of his head to the old man, and walked out the door.

eswiftfire
12/11/2002 5:56 AM

OOC: Pity. Thought I would bring out something from your character. Never mind then.

IC:


Time regarded the man, a slight tinge of distain in his eyes....he took the seat none the less. "No, we are not from Palanthas.....you may call me Time sir....i wish it was a pleasure to make your aquaintence, however...."His eyes looked the man up and down...."As it stands, or lack there of, it is not...", he turned his gaze to the door.....then to Lash. "I'll leave you hear with your new....friend....i need some air..", he stood, gave a slight incline of his head to the old man, and walked out the door.


Whiskeyjack's face darkened slightly. His back was turned to the man who spoke, yet he could hear the disdainful sneer in his voice, the 'HOLIER THAN THOU' tone that he had hated and despised so much, the type of tone used by a person who believed himself to have godlike powers and think himself above all mortals... yes, Whiskeyjack had met many like this during his years. And he had never liked them, constantly lamenting about their sad and tragic past wasn't exactly what he would consider an appropriate action for a man.

Yet despite his thoughts, the only thing he could say to Time as he exited the tavern was, "Suit yourself, Sir Time."

Then, he looked around, and realized that the entire tavern had emptied. Leaving only he, one of the newcomers (Lash) and the fearful owner, who served his drink with trembling hands.

UndeadDragon
12/11/2002 8:03 AM

Skitz had followed the trail toward the west until the tracking spell wore off. He sat and rested for a while near some rocks, taking out some cheese rations and nibbling them.

Then the goblins left ear twitched and his upper lip became quite stiff. His right pinky toe became really hot and his breathing became heavy. One of his eyes enlarged bigger than the other. He had entered his violently crazed personality, a very rare one.

Skitz immediately stood and left his several things he had dropped, and ran towards the west in a godly speed.

eswiftfire
12/11/2002 12:02 PM

OOC: Hmm... Alanded's not going to be around for almost a week or so, so I'll try to fill in for him. One thing though, what are Undead and Doombug's characters currently doing?

Oh, and this one's for you, Dark-chan. Here's a subquest for Time. Everything's happening outside the tavern, so you'll be able to overhear everything.

IC:

The young girl stood in front of the tavern, a cart of wrapped and bundled flowers beside her. She could be either six or seven years old, with short unkempt flaxen hair. Many have wondered how one as young as she managed to move the cart everyday, navigating through the twisting paths in Palanthas.

Especially when she was blind.

"Would you like to buy some flowers, ma'am?" The blind girl asked, lifting a bouquet of cherry blossoms towards an elderly woman who stepped close to her. The pale pink flowers exuded a sweet fragrance.

The elderly woman threw her an irritated glance and stepped away. The blind girl said nothing and withdrew her slightly outstretched arm.

Two street urchins stood within a dark alley, scrutinising the flower girl warily. Their names Shef and Fitch, both eight-year-olds.

"I dare you to steal TWO bouquets from the girl." Shef said.

"But, Shef! That's not right! The girl's blind!" Fitch replied dubiously.

Shef scowled. "That's the point, stupid! Stop being such a chicken, she won't even know if we steal the entire cart from her."

"But..." Fitch turned to look at the blind girl.

Shef frowned. "That girl's really a freak, just like her scary-looking dad."

"But my mom said..." Fitch began.

"Come on, don't tell me you are scared! Mama's boy, mama's boy!" Shef taunted.

"I am NOT a mama's boy!" Fitch was getting angry.

"Prove it then, you steal the flowers!" Shef said, smirking.

"Fine!" Fitch was already walking out of the alley and towards the blind girl without making a sound. He was good at sneaking up behind people, he will do the same thing now. And he'll shut Shef up by proving he's not a mama's boy.

He silently congratulated himself when he was standing a few inches away from the cart. Things were so easy for him. But as Fitch was reaching for one of the bouquets on the cart, the blind girl spoke suddenly:

"Would you like to buy some flowers, mister?"

Fitch instantly took a step backwards in fear. "How did you know that I'm here?"

"Who cares? Grab the flowers and let's go!" Shef ran out from the alley and cried out loudly.

The blind girl took a step closer towards the two boys and held out the bouquet of cherry blossoms. "It's only 10 silvers per bouquet."

"I'm not paying for any stupid flowers!" Fitch cried out. He then snatched the bouquet from the girl's hands and tossed it onto the ground.

"Go away, you freak!" Shef immediately grabbed a dozen bouquets from the cart and threw it at the blind girl's face. She flinched backwards with a startled cry when they struck fell against her face, tripping over a loose stone and falling to the ground.

"Quick! Stomp those flowers into the ground! Then she won't be able to sell them!" Fitch said. Both boys proceeded to trample onto the flowers as the blind girl picked herself up and ran towards them anxiously. "No! Stop! Please don't do that!" Her arms were stretched out before her in entreaty. Her dress was stained with dirt from the street.

Kitiara99
12/11/2002 12:43 PM

OOC: Hey Swifty, how do you want me to jump in? I'll probably just come up with a character to fit the situation.

eswiftfire
12/11/2002 6:41 PM

OOC: Well, you can be someone from the Kitchen Staff, or someone living in Neraka.

Flandrake
12/11/2002 8:11 PM

OOC: Didn't you already have a character, the cleric with the squirrel??

IC: Lash shrugged off Time's unwillingness. Lash figured he might be able to get something out of this drunk. He took the whiskey and downed it in one gulp feeling the burn in his throut. "So, Jack where do you hail from? I mean before you came here?" He quickly corrected himself.

eswiftfire
12/11/2002 10:00 PM


OOC: Didn't you already have a character, the cleric with the squirrel??

IC: Lash shrugged off Time's unwillingness. Lash figured he might be able to get something out of this drunk. He took the whiskey and downed it in one gulp feeling the burn in his throut. "So, Jack where do you hail from? I mean before you came here?" He quickly corrected himself.


ooc: Yeah. But she sorta got... um, lost. I think.

ic:

"Oh, me? *hic* Had always been a wanderer for most of my life... *hic* almost forty years... I *hic* think... arrived here two weeks ago from *hic* Sanction... Jack?" Whiskeyjack grinned in amusement. "That's something I've never heard before."

Dark_Master
12/12/2002 12:39 AM

Time watched as the two youths trod on the flowers, the young girl crying as she looked upon them, un-seeing, but hearing all too well. He thought to ignore it, it concerned him little...but...a tiny sliver wormed its way in, something stirred in him.

Walking swiftly over, he grabbed the two young boys by the scriff of the neck, gave them a shake. "Well, what have we here, two bullies picking on a blind girl...my you are brave aren't you.",he placed the two boys in front of him and bent down, coming close to their faces. His face resumed that impassive, almost sinister darkness. "Now...heres whats going to happen lads. You two are going to leave, least i take my hand to you both, failing that.....", he whispered softly, gently, deadly." I'll send you both to the Nether worlds, a place so dark and evil that it makes the abyss look comfortable.....", his eyes glowed softly, a golden tinge illuminating theirs aswell. He brought forth some of the more....mild...horrors he has witnessed over the ages, letting their innocent, un-blemished minds see the corruptions of a dark world.

Needless to say the two ran screaminf for momma. He turned to the still weeping girl. Kneeling down, lifting a tear stained face by the chin. "There gone now child. You can stop the tears now, i doubt they'll be back anytime soon.....", she looked into his eyes, seeming to see more than her blind eyes allowed. "But my flowers....i can't sell them...", he pressed something into her hand. "Here, that should cover your flowers......", she looked in his eyes again, it made him shiver. "You're soo cold inside....but you give me this.....your heart doesn't seem to be there....but it beats, warm, soft, full.", she smiled. "I thank you kind sir, my papa will be pleased, i think, i can always get more flowers.", she reached up and placed a small, delicate hand on his face. "No one knows kindness until they reach through the dark and offer a light.....again my thanks sir.", she crawled around, trying to gather in what flowers were still fit to sell. Feeling the stem and head with those soft, small hands.

He stood up, somewhat shaken by the girl. He had faced dragons and not been nerved as much. Her eyes had pierced something inside. Started something. Turning back to the tavern....Time stopped, glanced over his shoulder, to see the girl making her way down the side street. He mused for a moment....he would remember the face.

OOC:I hope that was alright Eliar, i didn't know what i was suppsed to do with it...

eswiftfire
12/12/2002 6:07 AM

She pushed her cart away down the street, a small lonely figure, growing even smaller...

Meanwhile, two middle-aged women standing nearby began talking.

"Hey... you heard of the recent serial murders...?" One woman said.

"Are you crazy, Claire? Before everyone was preparing for war, this serial murderer was the biggest news in Palanthas!! Gods! You heard the things this sicko did to his victims???" The other woman shuddered.

"I don't have to hear about it, Mrs. Smith's cousin was one of the victims last week... poor lass... the top part of her skull was never found...." The first woman trailed off, realizing that she couldn't about this anymore.

Looking around, the two noticed Time, and their eyes narrowed. Without saying another word, they walked away.

OOC:

Perfect. Dark-chan! I would've MURDERED the li'l girl if you didn't rescue her.

Now, try follow her home, she's a helpless little blind girl, a war is about to erupt, a serial killer's on the loose.... really dangerous for her. Don't worry, I'll control the girl.

UndeadDragon
12/12/2002 7:58 AM


OOC: Hmm... Alanded's not going to be around for almost a week or so, so I'll try to fill in for him. One thing though, what are Undead and Doombug's characters currently doing?


OOC: Skitz is following Flan's dwarf to the west, where hopefully Skitz will run into Eliar. He's kinda deserted Alanded, so Im pretty much on my own unless Flan's dwarf gets to a city any time soon. :D

And I havent heard from Doombug's character for a while.

Kitiara99
12/12/2002 1:13 PM

OOC: Yep, Avalyn got very lost... she's probably still wandering in cricles around the high clerists tower. I'll jump in with a new character in the next post. And also... Swifty asked me to be the DM while he's gone, so I'll do my best. Hey Swifty, when should I start?

Kitiara99
12/12/2002 1:25 PM

An impish looking girl sat on the kitchen counter, watching the latest employees [that would be Eliar and Flandrake's characters] with amusement. They were clearly miserable, but then who wouldn't be? Peeling potatoes was hardly the height of good living. She should know, having spent the past several years of her life traveling Krynn with the infamous Caravan of Death, braving danger and acquiring a fine taste in sadism. And here she was, sprinkling cheese on salads.

Yes, this was Kendra, a few years older but none the wiser, nearing twenty years old but still looking about 13. She had found her way here following the tragically heroic death of Lucas, and taken up menial work in the kitchen. Almost a year later, she wasn't any better off than she started. Perhaps that had something to do with the joy she got out of strangling chickens....

Dark_Master
12/12/2002 1:58 PM

Time had stopped suddenly. The conversation of the two old women gripped his mind. Serial killings.....turning sharply, he headed in the direction of the young, blond girl, her small head bobbed amoung the crowd in small places, just enough for him to keep track of her. Why was he following....did he care.....he must if he found himself following....something about her stirred him..

Kitiara99
12/12/2002 3:50 PM

OOC: Well, I guess I'll continue for Swifty now... I can always delte this later if necessary.

BIC: The little blind girl pushed her cart through the streets, unaware that anyone was following her. She felt the meager weight of too few coins in her pocket, half of it sympathy money tossed at her by passersby. The ten-steel piece given to her just now was not insignificant, for it was more than she usually earned in a week. Yet she doubted it would be enough to sustain herself and her father for even two days. If only she could be more than a blind brat selling flowers for pennies...

She moved remarkably quickly, her keen ears making up for her lack of sight. She reached the gates and kept moving, through the ramshackle houses encircling the city. She stopped at the poorest hut of them all, little more than a one roomed shack seconds from collapse. She left the cart behind it and opened the door, a tiny sliver of dim light escaping. She slipped inside and shut the door behind her, still unaware she had ever been watched.

Doombug
12/13/2002 4:56 AM

And I havent heard from Doombug's character for a while.
OOC:Sorry had and exam and I was to far behind to do this one I caught up now...
***Past***
Rei "start the engines Rase the ship we head for a real war this time"
The huge blimp rose into the air and was on its way.

***Now***
The blimp slowly moves across the sky they were getting close.
"I said Quite DOWN" as a goblin came screaming down the hall. On the goblins second pas Rei but I knife through his head. Now to wait for a signal

Flandrake
12/13/2002 3:51 PM


Swifty asked me to be the DM while he's gone


WTF ITS NOT HIS PLACE TO DECIDE!!!!! You can't even keep up with one character let alone be DM, WHAT THE FUCK where you thinking eswiftfire!! God I am just pissed off about this whole thing.

IC: Grehrack traveled for a few days without incdents. He ate dried meats and fruit with bread. He moved up along a hill tired from the days long journey he looked out and say Neraka. The evil city. He knew of a small group of underground dwarves that romed the sewer as spies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lash looked away from the drunk rambeling on about nothing. "Barkeep, do you know where some leaders of the Dark Knights are? Oh ya and you better forget I ever came in here too."

"Well...ummm...I supose there would be at least one commander in any Inn."

"Right thanks!" Lash stood up, "Thanks for the drink." He tossed a coin down on the table and walked out ready to beat some information out of anybody.
OOC: I'll wait until Eliar comes back before I play with Gerad again.

Kitiara99
12/14/2002 7:51 AM

OOC: There are some people on this board who I would expect those kinds of comments from, Flandrake. Honestly, I thought you were a nicer, better person than that.


You can't even keep up with one character let alone be DM,


Did you ever stop to consider that there might have been a reason why my character got lost? I had very little time at the beginning of the year, and this thread grew incredibly fast. I posted a message dropping out and withdrawing the character, and as far as I can see it did not affect you in anyway. And why don't you wait to see how I do before judging my abilities as a DM, hmm?


God I am just pissed off about this whole thing.


You, my friend, need to acquire a sense of persepective. As far as I can tell, I haven't messed anything up yet. I've been following the instructions Eswiftfire emailed to me, and I promised to delete or change anything that turned out wrong. So calm yourself, getting that worked up over nothing is terrible for your health.

I try very hard not to judge people unfairly, as shown by my evaluation of you as a nice person. So I'd appreciate it if you tried not to judge me and my abilities so quickly.

Dark_Master: Swifty really only left me instructions for your quest, if you would like to continue that I certainly can. If you feel the same way as Flandrake (although I would expect you to express it in slightly more civilized terms, I trust my judgement of human nature despite my miscalculations in regard to Flandrake) then you can wait until Swifty comes back. I certainly don't want to draw you into the middle of anything.

Flandrake
12/14/2002 9:24 AM


And why don't you wait to see how I do before judging my abilities as a DM, hmm?


I never said you were a bad DM I just said it was never eswiftfire's place to decide. For all I care you could be the best DM there is I would still feel the same way.



Honestly, I thought you were a nicer, better person than that.


Asumtions can be dangerous.

I'll wait for Eliar before I post for Gerad and Grehrack.




So I'd appreciate it if you tried not to judge me and my abilities so quickly.


I'm playing four characters right now. Plus there is the misc. people like the barkeep etc. I could barley keep up at the start but unlike you I remained in it because after this is MY thread I started it. I have already thanked people for keeping it going. Alaned and eswiftfire most of all but that still does not change my postition, and even if I did feel sorry now it would be stupid for me to not hold my ground and prove myself to be a stupid weak nothing.

QueshuWarrior
12/14/2002 12:21 PM

OOC: Im just gonna get this battle started. I guess Alanded wont mind if i controlled his dark army, so uh, get ready guys.



IC: Quaide signaled his men down as he heard hooves beating down on the ground. He got his hammer ready. He saw a couple of his men and the archers getting ready with the traps.

The first couple of riders zoomed by the traps, that was the plan. Suddenly there was a loud snap. Four thick trees held up by rope came tilting down. They crashed down atop the front lines of dark knights.

" Ambush!" cried one of the helmeted knights.

Quaide and his men remained still. The many knights who saw what happened were now panicking. Arrows began to fly from the woods, striking knights in the head and chest. The knights began to scatter. Many knights ran straight for the gates of the Tower. Quaides men had laid ropes out flat on the dirt path before. When the new line of horses galloped by, the men pulled on the ropes, tightening them. The horse's tripped over them with force.

" Attack!" cried Quaide, charging out of the bush. His ten men followed him. They ran towards the fallen horseriders. Quaide swung his hammer at the first knight charging towards him. The stone block slammed into the helmet, breaking the mans neck. One of Quaides men skewed two knights with a thrown spear. Arrows continued to fly. Quaide swung his hammer with rage, crippling knights with each swing. The arrow bombardment ended and the twelve archers ran from the woods with swords in their hands. Monty finally made his call and his men charged with him.

In the midst of the battle, Quaide was knocked over by a built knight. It swung at Quaide, slicing his arm a bit. Monty came to the giants aid and tackled the knight. Monty brought down his curved sword, slicing the knights head off. Quaide got up, holding his arm. He looked over his men. He saw two fall. He also noticed something within the dark armies. There were elephant riders. They stomped closer. Quaide was even more terrified when he looked in the pale blue sky. It was true, the dragons were coming!

" Retreat!" Quaide yelled raising his hammer in the air in signal. Quaide and his men began running back to the gates. Few knights blocked their way, but were easily brushed off with a swing of Quaides hammer.

Quaide stopped at a small door at the gate wall. He let his men run through before him. He scanned the accending dark knights for any of his men.

" Monty!" Quaide shrieked as he saw his friend fending off three knights. He was far from the gate. Monty obviously disobeyed the retreat.

" Get inside the walls Quaide! Theres nothing for me here anymore!" Monty said after he finished off the three.

" Monty! Behind you!" Quaide shouted to his friend as a tall knight dressed in dark purple armor came up from behind Monty. It held a humongous steel sword with a huge black hilt. The tall knight held it with one hand easily. He swung his arm. Monty ducked right in time and stuck his curved sword in the knights thigh. The knight shoved Monty away like he was a fly. The knight in purple armor ripped out the sword and hurled it at Monty. It caught him right in the collar bone.

" Argh!" Monty roared in pain and collapsed to the floor. The tall knight slowly walked towards Monty. When he reached him, he took his massive sword in two hands and brought it down through Montys gut. Monty was pinned to the floor, kicking and screaming as blood pured from his body. An elephant in the front line began to get closer.

" No!" Quaide screamed. The elephant rider drove the elephant right atop Monty. The massive grey foot slammed onto Monty with a crunch, squashing him.

" MONTY!" Quaide screamed. The purple knight went back to the ranks as they ascended towards the gate. Quaide quickly closed the door and locked it.

Quaide ran towards his men who were now meshed with Devins army behind the gate. Archers aligned the walls. Quaide saw beautiful dragons being mounted in the ranks. He saw Devin mount his own.

" Devin! Get me on one of those! Wait, I'm flying with you!" Quaide shouted to the commander. He ran towards Devin and his dragon. The giant strapped his hammer to his back, then clumsily climbed up onto the dragon.

" Once we're up there, get me close enough to an enemy dragon, ill jump onto it and then......oh damn lets just give it a try!" Quaide said to Devin as he helped him up the onto the dragon saddle.

Kitiara99
12/14/2002 3:06 PM

I don't see how my dropping out affected the thread in the least. I dropped because it was growing so quickly, so you can hardly maintain that it's me (or "people like me") who keep threads from growing.


but that still does not change my postition, and even if I did feel sorry now it would be stupid for me to not hold my ground and prove myself to be a stupid weak nothing.


So you overreacted a bit (so what, we all do it, I can't say what else might have been on your mind or going on in your life) but you can't apologize because that would make you look weak. Personally, I believe it takes a lot more strength to say "I didn't mean what I said, I overreacted, etc." that to hold your ground for the sake of being tough. But that's your call.

Actually, I'm a little confused as to what exactly your issue here is.

1. The fact that I dropped a character earlier on should prohibit me from joining again/being involved with the thread.

2. Eliar asked me to DM. I guess I can understand where you're coming from, I think he really intended me to take care of Dark_Master's side adventure, not anything else. My post with Kendra was really an attempt to join, not related to Swifty's request. As far as I can see, the other parts of the thread are either under someone else's control (you or Alanded) or running on their own. I was taking over Swifty's duties, not anyone elses.

3. Both of the above, or nothing in particular.

As you have said, assumptions are dangerous. From what I've seen of you before, I thought you were a nice person. I will not assume that my previous assesment of you was wrong based on one post, particularly since I cannot say exactly what prompted it. I don't care to have others hate me, and I don't consider myself an antagonistic person. If you did feel sorry I would think highly of you for saying so, and attempting to clarify your position.

SoaringEagle
12/14/2002 11:03 PM

OOC: I think will will have to leave this thread because I cant keep up. I went on vacation and I thought that I could catch up but I cant. SO have Detan killed or something. Sorry but I just cant keep up.

eswiftfire
12/15/2002 7:43 AM


OOC: Im just gonna get this battle started. I guess Alanded wont mind if i controlled his dark army, so uh, get ready guys.


OOC: He gave you his blessing. But make sure the army won't get wiped out easily. I'm hoping that this battle in Palanthas would last for WEEKS.

Yes, I am back from my vacation, my dears.

Relax, Kit, I think Flan's just pissed that I didn't consult him before asking you to take over my duties. Sorry for bringing you into this shit. Very sorry.

I was just afraid that this thread would end up like a certain other thread which was ONCE to pride and joy of SOME oldies and WAS the longest thread in the entire forum before its record was broken by ONE OTHER THREAD ;) (since then, SOME of the members went to start a thread about how this forum isn't as good as before). That's why I wanted Time's subquest to continue even when I had to leave for my vacation. I tried to ask Alanded to help me out with this, but he was busy with... some other stuffs (don't worry, after the accident, his limbs were still intact, and he ain't paralyzed). So I asked Kit to help me do Time's subquest.

Anyway, I'm back.

And Kit, if you want to bring back your cleric, I can do it for you.

Kitiara99
12/15/2002 8:15 AM

OOC: Sure, I'd love to bring back Avalyn. Otherwise Kendra would do just as well.

Hey Flandrake, I'm sorry if I jumped right on the attack towards you, Eliar's explained what he meant and all that stuff... so, lets just all be friends! :)



I was just afraid that this thread would end up like a certain other thread which was ONCE to pride and joy of SOME oldies and WAS the longest thread in the entire forum before its record was broken by ONE OTHER THREAD ;) (since then, SOME of the members went to start a thread about how this forum isn't as good as before). That's why I wanted Time's subquest to continue even when I had to leave for my vacation.


Hehe. Don't we know it...


don't worry, after the accident, his limbs were still intact, and he ain't paralyzed).


Yay! I hope he's doing better.

Kitiara99
12/15/2002 8:15 AM

OOC: Sure, I'd love to bring back Avalyn. Otherwise Kendra would do just as well.

Hey Flandrake, I'm sorry if I jumped right on the attack towards you, Eliar's explained what he meant and all that stuff... so, lets just all be friends! :)



I was just afraid that this thread would end up like a certain other thread which was ONCE to pride and joy of SOME oldies and WAS the longest thread in the entire forum before its record was broken by ONE OTHER THREAD ;) (since then, SOME of the members went to start a thread about how this forum isn't as good as before). That's why I wanted Time's subquest to continue even when I had to leave for my vacation.


Hehe. Don't we know it...


don't worry, after the accident, his limbs were still intact, and he ain't paralyzed).


Yay! I hope he's doing better.

eswiftfire
12/15/2002 8:26 AM


An impish looking girl sat on the kitchen counter, watching the latest employees [that would be Eliar and Flandrake's characters] with amusement. They were clearly miserable, but then who wouldn't be? Peeling potatoes was hardly the height of good living. She should know, having spent the past several years of her life traveling Krynn with the infamous Caravan of Death, braving danger and acquiring a fine taste in sadism. And here she was, sprinkling cheese on salads.

Yes, this was Kendra, a few years older but none the wiser, nearing twenty years old but still looking about 13. She had found her way here following the tragically heroic death of Lucas, and taken up menial work in the kitchen. Almost a year later, she wasn't any better off than she started. Perhaps that had something to do with the joy she got out of strangling chickens....


Somewhere else in Krynn....

Lucas crawled along the deserts, weeping tears of manliness while shrieking for Kendra's name. While having flashbacks of something that happened in some other thread.

((OOC: Can't let Lucas die like this. Heh))


-----------------------------------------

Eliar noticed an impish looking girl at the kitchen counter. An idea came to him...

"Little girl, little girl!" Eliar waved and spoke at a tone reserved for children. "Come here! Uncle Eliar wants to ask you a question!"

-----------------------------------------

Arthur looked out through the windows of the High Clerist Tower, watching as the army prepare its defense against the invaders... then, something caught the young page's attention....

A cleric was walking circles at the courtyard, then banging onto the wall...

That wasn't the scariest part...

She was doing that for almost an hour while maintaining a blank expression onher face.

Dark_Master
12/15/2002 11:13 AM

OOC: Don't worry Kit, if i had a problem with it you would have heard about it so tis cool. Yeah i wouldn't mind continuing with the side quest. I actually had a an idea for the girl, but i didn't know if she was just going to be a minor character. I'll keep posting for it anyway.

IC: Time had came to small dwelling. He grimaced at the sight. Closing his eyes, he placed a hand to his head, and then opened them. Tounges of fire licked the broken down walls, charred the wood.....a small blackend body lay beofre the door, un-seeing eyes open wide in a death stare. He ceased the vision....was it to be her future.....not if he could help it.

Walking up to the door, he tapped softly.

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com