[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > Elemental Rein

Kalia_Majere
09/11/2002 6:59 PM

Mauri turned from her window in the gold tower....her silver hair flowing loose over her shoulders, her amber colored eyes bright with glee, the battles would start today...

She turned to the bowl of water and washed up, she sat down on the bed and braided her long hair. It hung ina single plait to her waist. she turned and slipped the sparkling gold topaz circlet on her head. she wore a simple gold velvet dress..it had no ornamentation...save for tiny winking topaz's sewn into the gauzy skirt.

she smiled at her reflection in the mirror, and then smirked...she hated having to dress this way....she prefered her armor, and simple silk tunics....but the tournement started today and Galdor wanted her to...as he wished, she couldn't do anything but obey...he saved her life....she owed him.

She swept out the door, her heels clicking on the stone floor... Galdor had raised her....gave her the title golden empress....called her his daughter...many tournements where fought to win her hand....and many lost by her hand....she was the final test the hopeful must pass....and she was too good for any of them.

loose ringlets of silver hair curled around the small white horn in the center of her forhead...some people called her the empress of the beasts...she looked so much like one.... her ears where tuffed softly with silver furr, much like a cats. These animalistic qualities made her all the more alluring. she walked down the long corridor to the arena....the only home she could remember....

before that.....before that.....there was nothing. pain, darkness, death....and one other, like her...a single horn in the center of his forhead...with hair the color of blue steel, eyes the color of sapphires......

Mauri shook her head, and walked to the arena...Galdor was already there...his dark eyes locked on hers and he smiled once and nodded...he stood, and addressed the crowd.

"Welcome all! The tournement to win the hand of the Golden Empress shall now begin!" he shouted into the silence of the crowd. the people shouted and cheered, as the first combatants started in.



OOC: okay this is somthing that dark master and I have thought up...(well me mostly...hehe...but DM is a major part of this :P) we need two more people... three at most. DM and I are playing the earth and water masters...mauri and her brother Leo....we need one for fire, and for air...maybe one other to oppose...but me and DM are going to be tossing the main bad guy between the two of us...I've found it better for a thread the less people that join...it tends to finish out...IE: NightStalker...that only needed three people to finish out :D hehe...hope to see you!

*cough*starlite*cough*For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

QueshuWarrior
09/11/2002 7:41 PM

Jalen Stone lay,dead asleep, on a pile of potato filled sacks in an alley way in town. It was next to a commonly visited tavern, and his appearence was scaring many customers away.
Not many people accepted Jalens stone skin. Not even his parents, whom he has not seen in 15 years.

"Hey get outta here! Your time here is done!"The barkeep shouted at Jalen.
"Hey buddy, we had a deal. You let me sleep here, I keep away the pidgeons!"Jalen defended himself the best he could, but it was no use. The barkeep lifted him up and tossed him on the dirt street.
" That's the biggest mistake you'll ever make!" Jalen was furious. He ran up to the tavern door and smashed it into pieces with his stone fists.
" Thats enough, I'm taking this to the guards!" The barkeep was gone in seconds.
" Pretty fast for a big guy."thought Jalen, but that needed to wait, he was in serious trouble now. He cant pity himself out of his one.
He saw the barkeep coming back with two guards clad with armor and holding spears. The guards grabbed Jalen by the arms. Jalen yanked out of their grip with strength he didnt even know he had. At that moment, something of great evil took over Jalen.
Jalen woke up and found himself on his knees in front of a bloody barkeep and two guards who seemed dead. He didnt know what has happened. He guessed that he was helping this man with a wound. He then realized that everyone was staring at him. Mothers speeding their paces with children. Grown, strong men running into shops. He saw one old dwarf sitting in a chair in front of a beaten up home.
"Excuse me sir, can you explain what has happened here?"Jalen asked the elderly dwarf.
"GREAT RAUROS! GET THE GAURDS! HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" the blubbering dwarf stumbled out of his chair in fear.
"NO, NO, please stop! It wasnt me! What happened here?"Jalen was never as confused in his whole life. Suddenly he saw something. Something that would never leave his mind. He looked down and saw the dark red blood dripping on his hands. He looked back at the dead bodies in great fear. He understood everything now, but it all come way too fast.
At that moment a squad of ten guards rounded the corner, the leader of the group pointed right at Jalen and they began to sprint towards him, their armor clanking as they went. He knew what he must do......RUN!!!
His shoeless, stone feet pounded against the dirt road lifting a cloud of dust as he went. The guards were blind in the cloud of dust and lost all sense of direction. When the dust settled, Jalen was nowhere to be found.
One thing Jalen knew about the towns he went to were the alley-ways. He had made a sharp turn into a pretty small alley way after running for a minute or two. He stayed well hidden under trash bags and all sorts of things. He looked out of the alley-way into the street and saw many spear clad guards run by. He was not safe in this city anymore. The big problem was leaving. No alley-ways led to the city gates. He would stand out like blood on a blanket with his stone skin and all. He had a big problem here and needed to think a while........


OOC: i know u want eliments lords. You guys dont need to take me. Its your call.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, September 14, 2002 7:19 PM]

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
09/11/2002 8:10 PM

OOC: I'd like to join in too, even if just for the experience. I haven't done a lot of posting on here yet thus far. I'd like to play the fire master, if you allow me.

BIC:

Fayre wrapped her jelaya tighter around her fair face and shoulders, protecting her fair skin from the harsh afternoon sun of the desert. The sun glinted off the sand dunes, mirages of water on the horizon dancing in the heat.

Just a little farther....there is an oasis not far ahead....must rest....water....just a little farther....

Hope kept Fayre's feet moving, step by step, up and down over the sand dunes. Exile....her tribe had exiled her because of her strange...powers. Strange people had come looking for her, and the nomads had not wanted to risk their lives for her, the girl whom none alive could remember had been born among them.

The child had just....appeared.

Just a little further....only another mile or so....there!

Fayre's heart beat with joy as she spotted the small oasis on the horizon. It wasn't a mirage - it was too substantial, too real. She hitched up the hem of her robes and ran the last mile to the oasis. The shade of the palm and date trees washed over her like a cool breeze. A small pool, the lifeblood of the oasis, stood calm and tranquil in the center. Fayre unwound the jelaya from her head, draping the fabric over her shoulders. Copper hair fell in delicate ringlets to her waist. Her fair skin, with its warm, almost golden hue, was slightly flushed from the heat and damp with sweat. Eyes - bright, yellow cat's eyes - took in her lush surroundings.

Fayre dipped her long fingers into the cool water, cupped some of the precious liquid in her hands, and brought it to her lips. After a few more handfuls, her thirst was sated. She dipped the tip of her jelaya into the water and dabbed moisture over her face and neck, then settled against a palm tree and ate some dates and dried desert lizard meat from her travel pack. Just a short rest, she told herself, just a short respite until the sun lowers in the sky and the heat abates. Just a short rest....

She felt it. The strange people, they were after her again. They were coming, and they were close.

Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

Dark_Master
09/12/2002 6:50 AM

Leo's feet danced over water. His blue hair, reflecting the sun, blew widly and wet in the passing wind. Spray kicked up at his heels. Sapphire eyes raced ahead of themselves, seeing things only he could see. Leo dived. Into the ocean beneath him. Feet kicked in unison, moving as one. He parted through the water with the grace of a dolphin, like the ones straining to keep up at his side. Laughter filled him as he felt the thrill of the sea around him, his love and life.

Eventually he closed in one the shore, the dolphins departed already. His clothes and sword still hung on the weeping branch. He shook his head and lay in the sun, letting the mid day warmth kiss his glistening skin. Soon the blackness took him, into the night of dreams, fogs of bewilderment. Sleep claimed him.

His dream were sweapt in the currents of the seaa he soo much loved. Each image was away with the tide, ever closing only to retreat with the white foamed waters.

Still he slept. Tossing on the sand, waiting for the dreams of her to end. Come see my site : http://pub95.ezboard.com/bthegifted15252

A Debt of Bones knows no bounds, not even death

Enemies are the price of honour

The_Thorn
09/12/2002 8:31 AM

OOC: Kalia, I'm all for being your bad guy. Just email me whatever ideas you have and I'll run with them if it's fine by you and DM. You know I have the experience (Wart and The Black Claw)."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Maugetar
09/12/2002 9:33 AM

OOC;Well, since I had the position of Air Elementalist in Leo and Marui's former thread......

IC; Murhek floated high on the thermals, his wide wings carrying his huge sliver-scaled frame as if it was a feather. Not huge in comparison with his Dragon forebears, but standing on the hard ground the Sivak would have easily broken eight feet. His heavily muscled frame making a mockery of bodybuilders the world over, then something caught his eye, a set up for a joust far below. And not so far away, a faint dot of a figure laying on the sands. Oddly the renegade Draconian found he flt some kind of kinship to the tiny figure. With a faint pulse of pectoral muscle he was swooping down towards the figure, a silver blur against a clear blue sky."Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
09/12/2002 11:05 AM

OOC: Well its alright with me Thorn, don't think Kalia will have a problem either, but she'll tell you herself.Come see my site : http://pub95.ezboard.com/bthegifted15252

A Debt of Bones knows no bounds, not even death

Enemies are the price of honour

QueshuWarrior
09/12/2002 3:16 PM

OOC: Maybe my charcter ( Jalen) could meet up with whoever Thorn is playing. That way he can, in a way, TURN ME TO THE DARK SIDE. I can be your right hand man. Cause if u read my post, all Jalen wants is to get away. He can be easily pursuaded. So Thorn maybe our characters should meet early. I dont know, its up to Kalia.

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Thursday, September 12, 2002 3:18 PM]

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, September 14, 2002 7:17 PM]

PrincessCasandra09
09/12/2002 4:03 PM

Maria walked slowly around the tournment area. " Why had father sent me here! " she said silent to herself. " To be married off he said." she said, taking her dirty blonde hair and putting it into a bun atop her head. She took out a silver thread dress and slipped it over the nightshift. She took them and placed them on her right hand, meaning she was old enough to be married. She took a pink floss cloack and threw it on. She stepped out of her hotel her father owned and started to walk for the tournment area. She heard her name being called by one of the towns bullies. " Oh, shut up, Hog!" she yelled. She wasn't looking where she was going and dumbed into.....

Hey, rp w/ Maria!!
I am the one the call the Princess. To you, I am your worst nightmare

Kalia_Majere
09/12/2002 10:12 PM

OOC: Thorn...hehe thats cool with me...Actually The Claw would be perfect for this...if you'd like to that is :) Mauri and Leo are brother and sister...she controls earth, he controls water...their people where all but destroyed by a fever/plauge. only Mauri and Leo survived.. Mauri was separated from leo when she was five...and raised by the "bad guy" since then...we'll say that the name I chose Galdor is just a ruse. k?

BIC: Mauri yawned. She was bored. she toyed with a stray lock of silver hair as she musings tuned inward...while she smiled, clapped politely to each victor.

She glanced at Galdor, and caught his malicious glee at the death below him... Mauri suppressed a shudder...though she could only think of how this man had claimed her as his own...when none other would....

She turned to watch the proceedings, when once more the young man intuded into her thoughts....she wondered who he was....she seemed to be seeing two images of him....one about ten years old....and the other about five years older than her 20 years. She sighed and clapped politely...hoping, begging for the end of the tournement so that she could remain free for another year....For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
09/12/2002 10:59 PM

OOC: Cassandra, we can't RP with Maria when you put her in the middle of the story, try to make her the main character, and give her a background that doesn't fit in with Kalia's and Dark Master's story. Maria isn't the one for which this 'marriage tournament' is being held....its for Kalia's character. Play fair please, and choose a character that fits in with the story, doesn't interrupt the storyline, and isn't rich and/or a princess.

BIC:

Fayre's heart beat wildly, a strange, forboding feeling pressing against her chest like a great weight. The strange men, they were coming for her again...

Suddenly, they descended upon her like a shadow, wrapped head to toe in black robes, their faces and hands obscured by folds of black cloth. Their eyes glowed fiery red, burning with inner hate. Hands clawed for her arms, their fevered touch sending shivers of fear down Fayre's spine.

A burning, an uncontrollable burning, welled up inside Fayre. She coaxed the spark, giving it life, giving it substance. Her golden skin burst into sudden flame, burning the hands of those who touched her. Her copper hair became tongues of flame, reaching out to engulf her assailants, setting their robes afire. The robed men let forth shrieks of agony, their cries inhuman. Those that had been set aflame disappeared, and more appeared to take their place.

Fayre fought them off, one by one, the flames of her body incinerating everyone who came near. She was only slightly aware of a silver figure decending from the heavens, landing in the midst of the battle.

The remaning robed men screamed in fear and disappeared in a flash of light. As Fayre's vision cleared, her heart quailed in terror as she beheld her savior. A Sivak draconian stood before her, huge and menacing, his silver scales glinting in the bright afternoon sunlight.

"Stay back!" she cried, holding up her arms as if to ward off a blow. "Please, don't hurt me! Who are you? What are you doing here?"Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

TolkaninFaznin
09/13/2002 8:54 AM

((ooc; Ooooo, Kalia!!! how can you do this to me?!?!!? You and DM and Thorn all in one place and you limit the people allowed to join?!?! Waaah!!!!! Okay, enough of that, now for the barganing; could Cai'de be a handmaiden to Golden Empress? I figure that if Black Claw is in this, it had to have taken place before "For Blood or Honor" (I think that was the title) and it would be a good place for Cai'de and Claw to 'first meet' ... anyway, letmeknow if I'm off my whack or somesuch piffle. thanks ~Tolk))"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Maugetar
09/13/2002 9:49 AM

The huge draconian looked down on Fayre, her arms held up as ive she stood a chance of warding off any attack from such a powerful figure. But Murhek wasn't hunting, something interested him about this one - and now he knew what it was,

Well, here's one - just the siblings now.

He turned his full attention back on Fayre, his sliver scales reflecting the dazzling sunlight so strongly that she was unable to look at him.

"Well, you dealt with them well enough - but your control of your abilities as nothing short of dire."

He took a step closer, almost as if daring the woman to try and harm him,

"You need to have more control, unless the Healing Pair are as weak as you then we are going to have some serious lack of balence once we find them."

He sat down nearby, stratching out on the sands,

"My name is Murhek, I am one quater of a group of four warriors - the mantle of these warriors is passed on generation by generation. At one time they were named the Elemental Knights, at another the Death Templar. But long ago they passed into obscurity, forgotton by all but the most ancient, even among the dragons. I am one of the 'destructive' powers - as are you."

He flicked a hand and a minor gale ripped through some of the trees at the edge of the oasis, shredding them untill nothing was left but a few slices of palm brance.

"Air and Fire - the desotroyers, and yet without them there would be nothing to destroy. The other two are the healing pair - Earth and Water, both regenerative and life-granting powers, though destruction is not outside thier grasp, just as we can give comfort or indeed life."

He looked back up at Fayre.

"The tree just over there. Burn it.""Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
09/13/2002 11:30 AM

The tide had risen. The foamed waters washed over his feet, causing him to stir. Opening his eyes, he rubbed the sleep from them. The dreams had left him, retreating with the waves. He sighed, trying to remember it through the think cloud of fog that shroaded his mind. She had been there again. In his dreams. Saying something to him, something he couldn't make out. But she needed help.....

Standing up swiftly, he brushed the sand from his chest, slipping on the thin shirt and boots. The little horn glinted in the sunlight, shimmering a soft opal and pale blue. With one last looked out over the sliver kissed waters, he blew it a kiss, then turned and left through the trees.Come see my site : http://pub95.ezboard.com/bthegifted15252

A Debt of Bones knows no bounds, not even death

Enemies are the price of honour

Draekus
09/13/2002 12:31 PM

OOC: Only a limited amount of people? ok then, i won't join....

The_Thorn
09/13/2002 4:10 PM

The Black Claw stood in a parapet, staring down at the tournement that was taking place. The royal family was there. The pirate captain had had no problem "convincing" the emperor to adopt the princess. There was power everywhere now. The new princess had it. Her haidmaiden had it, although neither of them knew it. It was everywhere and it was untapped.

The lizardman turned from the window and slunk back into the depths. It was hard for him to be in public, seeing he had scales and a tail and hissed. There were others out there that had the same problem. Rumors were filtering up to him about someone in town, that was deformed, causing trouble at an inn. He would have to get in touch. For now, he headed back to his chamber to think of what he should persuade the emperor to do with his daughter."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

QueshuWarrior
09/13/2002 7:02 PM

Jalen stone sat in front of the head guard, his hands secure behind his back. It seemed he wasnt as slick as he thought he was. The guards have been pondering for quite some time now and Jalen was curious about what was going to happen to him. The head guard began to speak.

" Mysterious Stone man, you will be punished for 1st degree murder. You killed two guards which deserves more than death. You will suffer by taking part in the tournament."
"This is not all."the guard continued,"Your hands will remain restrained and you will be banned of your knives and any other weapons you may posess."

Jalen couldnt deny it, he was worried. However, he trusted his stone form. The world will hear of Jalen Stone. Jalen was not the same person anymore. He had only one desire now,and that was to win this tournament......

OOC: My character is gonna be a bad guy as well. Thorn, just so this works out, our characters should be allied. After the tournament approach jalen.
If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, September 14, 2002 7:32 PM]

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
09/13/2002 7:33 PM

Fayre closed her eyes and concentrated. She found the spark, stoked it, coaxed it. The magic burned through her blood until it felt like her entire body was on fire. She mentally threw the power at the palm tree that Murhek had indicated.

A small flame caught on a palm leaf, then winked out.

Fayre sighed heavily. "I just can't do it, Murhek. Its like....I can do it when I'm frightened or threatened, but any other time I utterly fail. Will it always be this way? What was it like for you when you first felt the power?" Her eyes widened hopefully. "Could you teach me how to control the power?"Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

QueshuWarrior
09/13/2002 7:57 PM

Jalen Stone was led out into the dirt circle by two guards. Right when his grey skin could be seen in the sunlight, booing and shouts surrounded the colliseum. Jalen tried looking into the royal balcony. It was a difficult thing to do when tomatoes and lettuce were being hurled at you.

The guards pushed him along into the center of the arena. He noticed his first competiter a few feet away from him. He was a large dark skinned man with a two-handed axe and huge leather boots. The axe looked threatening to Jalen, and an image of the axe breaking him in half went through his head.

A man dressed in fancy robes came to the front of the royal balcony and began to speak.
" Ladies and Gentlemen, today we celebrate our annual tournament!"
"Our first fight will be fought between our loved blacksmith Vanon Jones," the arena was filled with cheers."versus, the man created and sent to Ansalon by the Dark Queen herself, STONE!" boo's drained out the cheers.

The annoncer continued, "You will be competing in this tournament for the hand of the lovely lady, The Golden Empress, Mauri! The winner of this fight must defeat last years champion, Jok Monsun, in order to win the tournament.

Jalen looked up at Mauri in lust. He had never seen anything more beautiful in his whole life. He had to win this tournament for her aknowledgment. Cheers roared in the crowd " Finish him Jones!"

The fight had started without Jalen knowing and already Vanon was charging towards him. Jalen jolted back as the custom made axe slammed towards the ground in a wide arch. Vanon struggled to get his axe out of the ground. Jalen took this time to get out of his wrist holds behind his back, then he would surely win the fight. He lept high in the air and brought his tied back hands under his feet and then they were right in front of him. Vanon was aware of this and left his axe. He thrusted his large leg into Jalens gut, forcing Jalen back a few yards. The crowd went wild. Jalen doubled over, but he felt no pain, it was all a part of his plan. Vanon took his axe out of the ground and paced over to were Jalen lay. He lifted his axe above his head, when suddenly Jalen thrusted both stone fists into Vanon's gut. The crowd froze in shock. Vanon bent over in pain. Jalen then cut the rope binding his hands with the axe lying of the ground. It was time for the stone madness. Jalen threw punches everywhere. After a minute of this Jalen sank to his knees in fatigue. Lying in front of him was a bloody, bruised, and at one time, a handsome blacksmith.
After two men dragged Vanon away, Jalen looked at the crowd. Many were upset, some crying, but one stood out, one large lizard man was clapping slowly in the balcony. Jalen gave him a smirk and raised his blood dry stone hands to the crowd. The crowd grew tired of booing, they just sat in anger. They would wait for the next fight for revenge, few came out alive with Jok Monsun.......


[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Friday, September 13, 2002 8:04 PM]

Kalia_Majere
09/13/2002 8:11 PM

OOC: alright Tolk...you can join...I was just trying to limit it cuz it manages to actually finish when the story only has a few players....:)

BIC: Mauri leand forward, her silver hair tumbling loose over her shoulders...the first match was finished....the final fight before her would be last years final looser...Mauri mercilessly defeated him...but did not kill...thus her father's orders....to keep for this years tornement...

Mauri stared at the man in silence...her amber eyes picking over every detail of Jalen...

"stone huh? well we'll see about that" she whispered...knowing full well her power... the emperor taught her...as did an advisor of his...an odd man that always seemed to give Mauri the chills. Power of the earth...the ability to literally tear it apart with her will alone.....to hurl stones with deadly accuracy without touching any of them....

a cold smile touched Mauri's lips, her amber eyes lit with excitement....maybe this years tournement would be fun after all....For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

Maugetar
09/14/2002 2:22 AM

The Sivak looked at Fayre,

"You are holding back. You are afraid of what you can do - what damage you might cause. You can only use your power when you fear something else more than the power itself."

The Sivak melted away into a thin layer of ground mist, then re-formed a little way away from where he had been before,

"You are looking at it wrong. You do not tap into the power, you do not summon the power. You are the power - to control the power you must control yourself."

The Draconian looked up at the sun, just starting to dip past it's apex.

"We must leave here now - one of the others may be in danger, a wizard friend of mine pointed to one of them being in a city not far from here, under some kind of control or inprisonment. And the signs for their future aren't good."

His wings opened with a snap and he summoned a small ball of misted air, which expanded into a flat disc.

"Stand on the disc, it will hold you. We have no hope of getting there on foot.""Ah, they have a cave troll....."

QueshuWarrior
09/14/2002 4:18 PM

OOC: wait, Kalia, after this fight Jalen has to fight Mauri? I thought he won her.

Jalen was lying down in the middle of the arena. He was alerted by the sound of opening gates. He looked into the darkness inside the gates and saw two horns, followed by a bull head, and then it was obvious that his next fight would be with a minataur.

The minataur was Jak, a large male minataur, armed with an axe and a large sword. Both of these weapons are large enough to be two-handed weapons, but Jak carried them with ease. His chest was bare but he wore simple pants. He did not need armor and was hardly ever touched in a fight. The sword was marked with dry blood from his past fighta.

The fight started, and within the first seconds, a centaur rushed out and knocked Jalen down from behind with its great hooves. Someone didnt want Jalen to win. Jalen lay knocked out on the floor, when suddenly Jak ran towards him and brought his sword down with all his strength onto Jalens back. The large sword shattered and lay in pieces on the floor. Jalen recovered and lifted his tired body from the ground. He was dazed, he saw a shattered sword next to him and thought " Oh, so thats what happened!"he rubbed his back. In front of him stood a minataur and a centaur laughing at him. Jalen dashed forward and lept onto the centaurs back. The crowd ooohed and ahhhhed. The centaur began to run fiercly, trying to shake Jalen off. Jak chased them around the arena. The centaur stopped and Jalen began punching the centaur in the ribs. The centaur was in great pain. Jak was not far from the centaur and Jalen when he lifted his axe and got ready for a swing. Jak swung the large axe with great force. Jalen nimbly jumped over the axe as it continued on swinging into the centaurs neck, slicing it right off. The centaur collapsed with a thud and screams were heard throughout the arena. Jak was busy mourning over his friend when Jalen hit him with a roundhouse kick right in the head. The minataur, still alive, joined his friend on the ground. Jalen then grasped the minataurs head with both hands and twisted it with great speed. Jaks neck snapped and lay motionless on the ground. Jalen had won the tournament. The arena was filled with dissapointment. But Jalen was content. He has proven to all, and most importantly, Mauri.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, September 14, 2002 4:24 PM]

[Edited by QueshuWarrior on Saturday, September 14, 2002 7:52 PM]

Kalia_Majere
09/14/2002 6:42 PM

OOC: I thought I had stated that clearly in the first post.....
many tournements where fought to win her hand....and many lost by her hand....she was the final test the hopeful must pass....and she was too good for any of them. Also...Fyi, I have no intention of letting her be "won" by anyone....this was just the prelude to the story....if I have it set right..DM will interrupt the fight before she can defeat you...;)


BIC: Mauri stood and nodded once...and slipped behind the curtain of the box where she and the emperor sat....and she quickly slipped out of the dress...her armor was made of fine gold-edged steel scales, her boots and bracers where made of bright gold-colored leather....her hair braided expertly behind her back... she held two weapons...a slender, light weight sword....and a chakram....it hung from her belt at her waist...

the Emperor stood and shouted easily into the hushed crowed. "We present the final test of this tournement....The Golden Empress...the Lady Mauri!" The crowd stood this time...shouting and cheering....there had been six tournements for the Lady Mauri's hand....and not one even came close to winning against her blade, or her magics....she could control the earth itself...and it was said that Mauri would never bow to another man but the emperor himself....

Mauri strode out to the center of the arena...she raised her sword in salute to the Emperor, and noticed a shadowed figure behind him...and smiled...so he had come this year after all....and grimly she saluted Jalen, and smirked.

"you'll not get past me...." she sneered, her amber eyes dark.For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

QueshuWarrior
09/14/2002 7:04 PM

OOC: Im sorry. I must have missed that.

You should describe the battle, im afraid I'll mess up the story. You may conrol Jalen's actions in the battle. Please dont make him too easy.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

TolkaninFaznin
09/14/2002 11:00 PM

Late late late late late ... Cai'de's thoughts echoed the hurried footsteps as she ran towards the tournament, adjusting her outfit. It hadn't been long since she had been taken in off the streets to serve as a handmaiden, and she hoped her tardiness would not effect her position Punish me, but please please please don't throw me out!

She pulled her sash tight, quickly bundled her hair in a believeable bun and hopped along while pulling on her shoes, then raced as daintily as she could up the ladder to the main box ...

"We present the final test of this tournament .... "

Just in time! Cai'de thought. She skidded into the main box, panting and exploding with appologies, when the hooded figure she had always seen lurking about turned to regard her.

Her voice caught in her throat.

Cai'de had been orphaned at a young age, and, now 16, had never experienced anything or anyone that truly frightened her like this guy did ... whatever he was, he always sent a chill up her spine.

Quietly, trying not to stare at him but doing so anyway, Cai'de took her seat next to the Empressess's empty throne, and looked down into the Arena.

This guy looks young ..."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Dark_Master
09/15/2002 5:45 AM

The crowds daunted him somewhat. He didn't like confining spaces, especially compared to the freedom his sea gave him. But he clenched his teeth and bared it as he made his way to the stadium. The notice he had read intrigued him, winning the hand of a golden empress....he liked the idea, but doubted he would join in the fun.

Climbing the stairs to one of the upper levels, the smells of the crowded place filled him. Ale and mead were passed around in generous quantities. The arena(sp) was before his view, blood was sprayed over it. He grimaced at the site. That men had succumb to animals for the hand of a maid was not appealing to him. But he would wait a while, to see if this golden empress was worth the blood.Come see my site : http://pub95.ezboard.com/bthegifted15252

A Debt of Bones knows no bounds, not even death

Enemies are the price of honour

Kalia_Majere
09/16/2002 12:37 PM

Mauri lowered her blade and studied Jalen, her eyes sweeping over him in a way that would've chilled any normal human...She raised her sword, and lunged at him...her silver braid flying out behind her...

her sword met with his shoulder and glanced off with a ringing of steel against stone....and Mauri stepped back with surprise... "Stone huh? well that just makes things even more interesting." she said with a sneer as she tossed her blade aside...using her own magics...her skin began to glow a pale gold...as long as her spell held...she too would be as indestructable as "Stone" she laughed and lunged at him.For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

TolkaninFaznin
09/20/2002 4:47 AM

Cai'de watched tensely. She was well aware of and confident for her Empressess' powers, but still, she had never gone up against someone completely of stone ...

... and enraptured as Cai'de was to the arena, she could still sense that lizard thing behind her, and it unnerved her. When she was by her lady's side it wasn't nearly as bad, but sitting there ... more or less alone ... frightened her. Finally, in order to concentrate, she stood and excused herself with a slight head ache and started down through the back stairs ...

... but instead slipped into one of the other boxes. Searching for a seat where she'd be relativel secluded, she forgot to watch where she was going and toppled head first into a stranger. As she stumbled, she noticed that he, too had a small horn in his head just like the Golden Empress!"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

QueshuWarrior
09/20/2002 5:45 PM

Jalen was shocked. Stone vs Stone. What else could this woman do? He began pacing as if he were extremely relaxed, and unworried. However, he was very nervous. He wanted to go back to his life in the trash can, the life in the alley-ways. He did not wish to be the criminal he was now, who was in danger of dying. However, that was his good side thinking, his evil side loved every minute of it, loved when he ended two lives last fight. That evil Jalen was the one pacing with the wide grin, for his evil side was not worried.
Without warning Jalen lunged atop of Mauri. He began pouning at her face without mercy, the same thing he had done to the blacksmith in round one. Except that nearly killed that poor man, this flury did nothing but maybe make Mauri a little more tired. Jalen was impatient and he would pay for it. The move took more out of him then her. Mauri flipped him off her with her stone legs. Jalen had met his match. This woman had not appeared as the beautiful empress to Jalen anymore. Instead she came out as an evil witch. What happened then shocked Jalen more than when she had turned to stone. He was lifted off the ground about 5 feet. He saw Mauri with her hands out. She was doing this!
" Ta-ta!" Mauri said mockingly as she hurled him 20 feet across the arena. Jalen was in great pain. He got up and found himself extremely dizzy. His vision became clear again, but was interupted by a stone foot planted right in his face. It hit him with force he had never known and Jalen lay motionless on the ground. He knew his life was over................
If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

PrincessCasandra09
09/20/2002 6:02 PM

Suddenly, a figure dressed in black appeared in the areana. " Empress, such a pity." it said, taking off a the hood, revealing a young woman's face. You hurt a man like he was toy. Tisk tisk." she said, throwing her cloak off of her. " I am Lady Casandra of Gould. I will fight you for this man. If i win, you let him go, if you win, i will leave." She said, takinh out a sword and a staff." Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

The_Thorn
09/21/2002 1:01 AM

The Claw had seen enough also. Since he and the emperor were now the only two in the royal boxes he leaned down and whispered into the ruler's ear. A moment later, the lizardman stood erect where he had been, only a big toothy grin split his maw.

OOC: Kalia, I'm assuming you want to run the emperor. I just wondered if the ruler would bow to the Claw wishes for the stone man's life, left in his care of course."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Maugetar
09/21/2002 2:01 AM

With a sudden whooshing of air the draconian dived, landing on the high stone wall over the entrance gate. Letting out a harsh screech like a hunting eagle, Murhek extended a hand - a fierce wind seperating the combatants as it whipped up dust and gravel.

That horn! Golden Empress my scales! I recognis that one. And the other won't be far..he never is.

He turned to Fayre who was standing on the invisiable wind-disc behined him,

"The one with the horn is the stone elementalist. There should be a male with a similar horn somewhere nearby - he is the master of water."

The Sivak turned his silver scaled head towards the chaos below, then he drew his huge blade and dived down to the arena floor, heading for where he had last seen Mauri, the swirling winds parting just infront of him, closing up just as quickly behined him."Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Kalia_Majere
09/21/2002 6:58 PM

Mauri stared in shock at the woman before her...her lip curled in a hateful sneer, and she turned from the woman...

"the fight is over...I do not kill the final opponant...he wil be the finalist test for next years tournemnt." She snapped as she turned and strode foward to the Emperor's box. she knelt in the sand, her silver hair brushing it lightly.

The emperor stood and nodded. "my daughter has earned her freedom for another year..." He said and the crowd cheered loudly. Mauri turned and was about to turn to the exit of the arena...her amber eyes noted the woman again with her sword and staff, and the guards taking Jalen "stone" with them...her eyes narrowed coldly...and she turned sharply on her heel to see her handmaid....Cia'de was talking to a young man...with rich blue hair, and a small pearly horn in the center of his forhead!

Her Dream!!!

Mauri uttered a soft cry, and ran for the furthest exit...her mind a tourmoil as her vision clouded with half rememeberd memories, and the vision of the man beside Cia'de....

She fled for her tower within the Palace....her footsteps echoing through the hallways...the guards bowed to her as she passed, but she payed them no heed...as she finally flung open the doors to her suite, and slammed them closed.

She stood there, her back to the door, her breath coming hard and fast.....tears falling heedlessly from her amber eyes. "Leo?...." her voice choked and she suprised herself....who was he????For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

QueshuWarrior
09/21/2002 7:43 PM

Jalen awoke to find himself lying on a hay covered floor of a cell. He sat up and rest the back of his head on the steel bars. He couldnt believe he was alive. He was furious as well.
" That witch should have killed me when she had the chance!" he said to himself. " She will feel pain by my hands! Pain she has never known!"

Jalen sat for long hours on a small wooden bench in the cell. His head was in his hands. How he yearned to be back outside. He couldnt stand being indoors for this long. Suddenly, he heard the clanking of keys on the cell door. He turned to see two guards standing beside the large lizard man from the crowd...If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

The_Thorn
09/22/2002 12:52 AM

OOC: Not quite how I wanted to make my entrance but it will do.

The Claw's teeth gleamed in the torchlight. "Greetingssss," said the lizardman. "You have power, I admire that." He stood for a moment staring at Jalen. "Do you know the rulessss of the tournement? You must now sssstay here for a year or until the nexxxxt tournement as the champion. Until then, you will work for me.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessCasandra09
09/22/2002 10:58 AM

A dark figure walked along the corridor leading the Jalen's cell. It walked up to the cell. " Let the man go, for I am the Keeper of Peace. " The figure rolled back its hood, revealing the girl from the areana. " Or shall I fight you?" she said, smiling to herself as if it was a joke. " Dont worry, Sir Jalen, I have been sent for you. The others will like to talk to you back out the compound." she said, taking out a staff and knocking the lizardman off his feet. " For, I am Lady Alli. I shalln't see my friend hurt. Or to work for some scum like you."" Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

PrincessCasandra09
09/22/2002 10:59 AM

A dark figure walked along the corridor leading the Jalen's cell. It walked up to the cell. " Let the man go, for I am the Keeper of Peace. " The figure rolled back its hood, revealing the girl from the areana. " Or shall I fight you?" she said, smiling to herself as if it was a joke. " Dont worry, Sir Jalen, I have been sent for you. The others will like to talk to you back out the compound." she said, taking out a staff and knocking the lizardman off his feet. " For, I am Lady Alli. I shalln't see my friend hurt. Or to work for some scum like you."" Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

The_Thorn
09/22/2002 2:06 PM

"You dare sssstrike me," hissed the lizardman. "I am the royal advisor and you best leave now before your head departs your sssshoulderssss." The Claw picked himself up and glared at the woman. "And your friend issss sssstaying here, assss per the rulessss of the tournement.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

PrincessCasandra09
09/22/2002 3:37 PM

Alli laughed. " You dare speak to the Goddess of Peace, eh?" She said, making a flicking motion with her fingers. It instanley flunk the lizardman against the wall. She turned to Jalen. " Sorry bout that." she said, lifting the bars with her mind. " You have a choose, You can stayhere," she said, nodding the the lizard. " Or, you can come with me. Your choose. I will be leaving for Lordtony in a few mintues so think fast."" Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

Kalia_Majere
09/22/2002 4:37 PM

OOC: Um...well so much for the way I had the story line planned..geesh. so much for the focus of the story being the four elementals and Cia'de meeding up with Claw again.... >:(For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

The_Thorn
09/22/2002 9:21 PM

OOC: Let's see if we can't fix that.

The Claw laughed, the sound coming from behind the woman and not the wall where he appeared to be. Cold steel pricked her throat. "Like I ssssaid, you would be advissssed to leave now," hissed the lizardman. The illusion dropped showing the Claw behind the woman with a knife pressed to her throat."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Dark_Master
09/23/2002 10:11 AM

OOC: Uhmm...princess....i would think it may also be best if you think on reconsidering your char a bit....Goddess?? I doubt Kalia wants any 'super' beings in the thread, and it tends to take some of the fun out of it. However it is Kalia's thread, so you would have to ask her if your char can be a goddess.Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

PrincessCasandra09
09/23/2002 12:47 PM

Alliu didn't flinch. " She simpley laughed. " My good man, dont you know the punishment of killing a super being?" She said, pulling her self from teh mans arms as he became limp. " Thats what i thought." she said, ppulling the knife out of his hands. " She looks straight into his eyes. She smiles then leaves with Jalen. " Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

Maugetar
09/23/2002 1:26 PM

OOC: Princess - in DL there is no Godess of Peace. And in general D&D (which DL is based on) there is no punishment for killing a god - in fact the killer gains godhood with all of the decased deity's powers. Besides - this story was about the Elementals. And you are controling someone else's char as well. Queshu should decide whether or not his char leaves with yours. So - either your char is seriously delusional or The Claw has just become a Peace Deity (LOL!!)"Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
09/23/2002 3:30 PM

OOC: Furthermore, i am seriously going to hope Princess that you were not making a mockery of my words.....it was a simple piece of advice and i'm afraid that i don't take kindly to being jested at.

IC: Leo paced the stadium. The fight had ended abruptly, but that sense hadn't left him. Something was close to him, nearly tactile, he could smell the air around him, searching for a scent of a dream. His hair shimmered softly in the striking sunlight. He had to find whoever it was.....he had to find her....yes....her....

The word ecohed throughout the corridors of his mind. Bouncing off the secret doors he kept hidden....doors of the past......was she behind one of them.....the girl in his dreams.....Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

QueshuWarrior
09/23/2002 7:09 PM

OOC: Princess, maybe you missed the posts, but Jalen is going to be a bad guy. He cant go froloking with a goddess. Jalen is evil, he has murdered four people so far, where are you gonna take him? Im declaring that Jalen will be going with the lizard man, since he is the one who is letting him out. SO what im saying is Princess did not leave with Jalen. SORRY!

IC: Jalen thought while the two were bickering. He understood that this lizard man was the one who was letting him out of the cell. Who knows how long he would have stayed there. He decided to break up the quarrel.

" Listen, I am going with this man!" he spoke with anger to the woman.

"I suggest you leave!" he stood next to the lizard man, both of them giving threatening glances to the woman.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

The_Thorn
09/24/2002 12:00 AM

The Claw flashed his toothy grin again. "This way ssssir, I will sssshow you to your new apartmentssss, then we can disssscussss bussssinessss," hissed the lizard man."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

TolkaninFaznin
09/24/2002 7:44 AM

Cai'de had enjoyed the fight. It hadn't been one of the most spectacular, but it was a start ...

I guess I'd better go find the Empress ... Cai'de thought. She sought her way through the crowd and towards the main palace. her thoughts wandered and eventually landed on the man she had 'bumped' into earlier ... He had gone off elsewhere without a word to her ... but she had a feeling she would be seeing him again .......


((ooc; fine, guys, just completely forget about me! :p You, especially Thorn! I mean, we're supposed to be married!!! ;)))"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

The_Thorn
09/24/2002 1:42 PM

OOC: I haven't forgotten about you. The Claw plots. I have to get my "evil" minions into place before I spring the master plan."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

thistledown
09/25/2002 10:39 AM

A man in a blue coat watched the battle from anothre one of the box seats. After the final battle, he stood up to leave, but something caught his eye. The horn on somebody's head. Thinking back to his leasons with Mythran, he thought about what this might mean, and decided to stick around and investigate. He started heading for the booth with the horned one (and Caide) in it.

(OOC: Elements. I just couldn't stay out of this. No matter how hard I tried. I just hope we can get the lady of dust to intercede.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

Maugetar
09/25/2002 12:18 PM

Murhek swept through the halls of the tower, the crumpled heaps of unconcious guards left in the wake of the Sivak. he had nearly caught up wth the earth-elementist on the way to the tower - his flying speed almost cancelling out her headstart. Now he was speeding through the tower, gale-force winds preventing anyone reaching him.

OOC:Has our fire-elemental dissapeared?"Ah, they have a cave troll....."

PrincessCasandra09
09/25/2002 4:19 PM

Alli followed. " Well, if the boy stays, i ahev to. I am his Guardian Sprit. Ya know like his protecter. He will be on of us soon." she said, pointing towards the sky. " Shouldnt have told ya, I shoudln't i shouldn't..." she mumbbled as she followed behind Jalen. " Father wont be happy at all..." " Let's Roll!" Todd Beamer, Flight 93

QueshuWarrior
09/25/2002 4:35 PM

OOC: PRINCESS CASSANDRAN , WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Can we lower the randomness a bit! Ill just pretend your character isnt there or that she's a crazed b*tch who thinks Jalens a guardian.

IC: Jalen sat in a large red couch, he guessed it was the lizard mans by its size. He was inside the lizard mans chambers.

" Thank you for letting me out of that bloody cell. I dont know how long i could have standed living in that! Who are you? How can i repay you?"If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

The_Thorn
09/25/2002 6:46 PM

"I am called the Black Claw," said the lizardman, eyeing Jalen. "I am the emperorssss advissssor. As for how you can repay me, perhapssss we can sssstrile a deal. I have ssssome odd jobssss that need to be done now and then. I could pay for thesssse along with sssssome other giftssss. All I assssk issss your loayalty in return.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

TolkaninFaznin
09/26/2002 4:18 AM

Cai'de reached the palace and the small room adjoined to the Empressess's. She closed the door, and then leaned against it and sighed. She was glad they had taken her in off the streets, but being a courtesean (even if she was a lowly hand maiden) was hard for someone so unaccustomed to tradition as Cai'de was. Here was her refuge.

She let her hair down and brushed it out, letting the long, silky black strands sweep her back for a moment, and then put it up in a simple bun. She then walked to a part of the wall in the back, reached behind a tapestry, and knocked. This was the secret doorway to the Empressess's room.

"M'lady, are you in?" Cai'de asked. Surely, her lady would be wanting something, a drink, something to eat, perhaps, and that would give Cai'de a nice trip to the kitchens."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Kalia_Majere
09/26/2002 2:01 PM

Mauri wiped her tears from her eyes, and sat up, her long hair tumbled loose to the floor.. "Please..Cia'de, come on in." she said softly...her voice hitching once. She knew she could tell Cia'de everything...she was her only true friend...and the only one who knew how she truely felt about her "father" and the man he called his "advisor"For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

QueshuWarrior
09/26/2002 4:48 PM

" My loyalty, eh." Jalen scratched his chin in thought. The word GIFTS caught his attention. He also owed this man his freedom. The least he could do was do him a couple favors.

" Sure, we got a deal. I have much to be loyal to you for. If it werent for you, who knows where i would be locked up now! So what type of jobs did you have in mind...............Master?If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

TolkaninFaznin
09/26/2002 8:39 PM

Cai'de entered swiftly, immediately throwing her arms around the Empress in a warm embrace. "There, there .." She said. She hated seeing her friend upset as such, and wanted only to sooth whatever caused this stree. "Tell me everything." She said, pulling up a footstool and sitting next to Mauri."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Dark_Master
09/27/2002 12:50 AM

Leo grew restless. Despite his attempts at finding the source of his overwhelming.......he found nothing. Only people. Sighing, he sat down and waited...who knew.....she may come to him....he doubted it though. Taking out a piece of bread, he slowed chewed it, waiting for a sign.Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

thistledown
09/27/2002 11:34 AM

Timesplit rounded the corner just in time to see a girl duck behind a tapastry. Catching up with it, he studied it. "Where'd she go?" he asked himself. He looked behind the hanging but saw only blank wall. Pressing his ear to it, he could hear mumbles on the other side, but could not make out any words. "Hello, is anybody in there?" He called loudly into the wall. "I only wanted to ask some questions about that horned man." He then said to himself.The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

The_Thorn
09/27/2002 9:48 PM

"Your eagernessss issss pleassssing," said the Claw. "Firsssst, though, I would like to train you to usssse your powerssss a little better. One of your giftssss could easily besssst the princessss with full knowledge. Tomorrow I will round ssssome people up and we will work out for a while. If that issss fine by you, I have other thingssss to attend to. Feel free to explore the palace, but avoid the princessss for now.""Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Maugetar
09/28/2002 2:20 AM

As Leo sat dejectedly by th side of the corridor, a whirlwind tow past without warning. Then it reversed back around the corner and looked at him for a moment.

"Hey Leo! Long time no...oh wait a sec."

The whirlwind dissipated, leaving a rather large Sivak standing there looking at Leo, he walked over and sat next to him.

"Heya. I think i've found the other two. But I seem to have misplaced fire somewhere, and - well earth was very strange. A girl at some tournament, had horn just like yours and..hey! What's worng man?"

The Draconian patted Leo on the back, attempting to free the bread he appeared to be chokeing on, oblivious to the fact that his Sivak-streangth thumps were knocking the air out of his friend rather than helping."Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
09/28/2002 2:52 AM

Leo choked and gagged on the bread. Once cleared. "Girl!! What girl.....you say she had a horn like this!" his hand gestured to the pearly white horn protruding from his forehead. "Can you take me to her?!"Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

QueshuWarrior
09/28/2002 3:04 PM

Jalen waited till The Black Claw left the room. As soon as the door was shut and Jalen was all alone, Jalen was overcome with hunger. He searched the room but could find nothing. He was going to have to go on a tour of the palace!

" Where is the damn kitchen!" mumbled the furious, hungered Jalen as he ran down the beautiful, flower filled corridors. Jalen quickly glanced at some of the portraits on the wall. He found the one with a lady with a horn on her fore-head andpunched a hole right through it. He laughed and continued his search.

Three hours passed. Jalen slowly opened the door to the room he started from. He had bread and all sorts of food under his shirt. In his pants he hid three bottles of ale. This would be a feast to remember!If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
09/28/2002 10:34 PM

OOC: I am sooooo sorry guys...I've had a lot of personal problems to take care of and on top of my grueling work schedule, I've neglected my RP duties! I just tried to read back over the posts in this thread, but with my mind not being on straight at the moment, I got completely lost when Cassandra started her power trip! Can someone please get me back on track with a summary, NOT including Cassandra's interlude?

Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

Maugetar
09/29/2002 6:43 AM

OOC: *Takes deep breath*

Four of the charecters have supernatural powers based around the elements - Leo(darkmaster)is Water, Murhek(me) is Air, Mauri(kalia) is Earth and Fayre(you) is Fire.

Mauri is the *daughter* of some emperor or somesuch but apparently doesn't like him that much. Cai'de is her handmaiden. The Claw is the Emperor's advisor and has just taken a stone man called Jalen into his employ.

Mauri and Cai'de are in Mauri's chambers, with some guy called Timesplit listening in. Jalen and the Claw are in the Claw's chambers disscussing Jalen's employment. Leo and Murhek are both looking for Mauri and are currently sitting down somewhere in the castle. I'd assuming Fayre is still following Murhek on that air-disc he made for her so you could jump back in with her arriving at where Leo and Murhek are sitting."Ah, they have a cave troll....."

TolkaninFaznin
09/29/2002 7:51 AM

OOC; sorry for the long wait, but you can't force inspiration ...

Cai'de excused herself from Mauri's side for a moment, and left her room by the main door into the hallway. She then entered her own room, the door still open from Timesplit's entrance.

She gasped loud enough for him to hear her and turn. "What are you doing in my room?! Intruder!" She grabbed a nearby pillow, scarlet red, shapped like a log, with gold tassles on then end, and started beating him with it. "Ruffian! Screwloose! Nave! How dare you!""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

The_Thorn
09/29/2002 7:01 PM

OOC: I thought Jalen was one of the elemental lords."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
09/29/2002 8:07 PM

Fayre tumbled dizzily to the floor as Murhek dissipated his magic. She glanced around in confusion. Her head felt as if she had just walked through a three-hour sandstorm on the Plains of Dust. She noticed Murhek looking down at her.

"I...I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I think I got lost. That air-disc made me so dizzy!"

Her eyes widened as she saw the strange man with the horn on his head. "Oh my.....who is this?"Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

QueshuWarrior
09/30/2002 1:40 PM

OOC: No, Jalen is not an elemenatal. He is just a powerful stone man. Hooyah!!!
Oh yeah, Thorn, im just gonna wait till you come back to the room, im not posting till then, so do your business then get back to the room!If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

thistledown
10/01/2002 8:38 AM

(OOC: Sorry, guess I should have read your first post better. I thought the tapestry was in a hallway, not a room. I'll make this work though.)

"Cai - ow, Cai'de I'm sorry. I - mmmh, Cai would you stop tha - oWWW - I just came in to talk to you, but you had - ooof - just disapeared through that wall." He said as he was attacked with the pillow. Then as he gets bonked on the head again. "I said I was sorry, don't you recognize me? We were at Thorn's wedding togather, and the ansalon ball. Please stop!"The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

The_Thorn
10/01/2002 1:21 PM

OOC: Queshu, I just was letting you explore, I don't really have other things to do."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

TolkaninFaznin
10/01/2002 2:37 PM

((OOC: uh ... this takes place well before the Wedding or the ball ... think "For Blood and Honor" by Fury ... Cai'de's about 15-16 here))"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

thistledown
10/01/2002 2:59 PM

(OOC: Doh! Well, Timesplit would remember it as having been after, since he's been doing a lot of time traveling, lets just say he came back to this time after he went to the wedding. I don't know why, but we can go off of his recognizing her and her not recognizing him. ... Which will confuse him greatly. :D )The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

TolkaninFaznin
10/01/2002 3:46 PM

((good good :D))

Cai'de stopped hitting him and dropped the pillow. "How do you know my name?!" She asked, surprised. Seh backed up until she was just about on the bed, watching Timesplit with apprehension. "What are you doing in my room?""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Kalia_Majere
10/01/2002 4:09 PM

Mauri had jumped up when she heard Cia'de cry out....she jumped up and ran to the door that separated her suite from Cia'de's...her sword drawn.

"Who the hell are you!?" she hissed softly, her amber eyes dark with anger...For all those still in grievance for those events one year ago...
You are forever in my prayers....and always within my heart....
Love goes on....Blessed be.

Maugetar
10/02/2002 10:01 AM

Murhek looked rather disparagingly at Fayre then nodded to Leo,

"This is Leo, old friend, excellent fighter, lord of elemental Water and all round geezer with bleeding great horn in the middle of his forehead. And Leo, this is Fayre, she's apparently Fire, but she hasn't quite got the hang of her powers yet."

He looked up and down the corridor and then turned back to Leo,

"Yeah - she had a horn, in fact it looked just like y....aw cripes."

He stood up and cracked his knuckles,

"Right, where the devil is this blasted Earth-lord going to be hidein...."

Before he could finish he heared a loud yell, followed by a crash, then more yelling and crashing. He shrugged,

"Well, it's a place to start."

He looked at Leo, a suspiciously manic glint in his eyes - somewhat reminiscent of a pyromaniac with a unlimited supply of jet fuel....

"So, do we take the normal route or just blow the walls in?""Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
10/02/2002 11:59 PM

Leo's watery gaze leveled from the fire lord and to Murhek...."We'll just take the normal route Murhek.....i don't think the owner will be too pleased at you knocking the walls down...", he tried to smile, but a fear and anticipation beat heavy in his chest. His heart thumped against his chest, threatening to escape.

He fingered the small pearly horn for a few seconds then stood up aswell. "So...lets go shall we?"Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

thistledown
10/03/2002 12:56 AM

"I, uh, oh thats right!" Timesplit says coming to his sences. It hasn't happened yet for you. I, um, guess you don't know me yet, but you will later." *Oh that makes a lot of sence* He thinks to himself.

"Well, I'm a, a time traveler basically. I met Cai'de later in her life, but earlier in mine. Or is it technically later in mine as well. I - " He breaks off seing the anger in the girls' eyes. "Um, yes, well, anyways; I saw Cai'de and wanted to ask her about the man with the horn I saw her with earlier but when I caught up with her here she was gone. I, um, I'm sorry about this. Trust me, it will make sense in about ten years."

(OOC: I'm taking this that Mauri has something covering her horn right now, so he hasn't seen it yet. But he might freak if he does.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

QueshuWarrior
10/03/2002 3:22 PM

OOC: Hey thorn! Come back to the room! Train me like you promissed! :)If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

The_Thorn
10/03/2002 9:41 PM

OOC: Your char. left the room remember, went hunting for food or something, I think you need to come back.

The Claw sat in the room, his spies were keeping an eye on his new recruit. he had rounded up some "opponents" for the rock man to face. As soon as he got back, the lizardman was going to push him to the limits."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

QueshuWarrior
10/04/2002 6:21 PM

OOC: I took the food back to the room. I wrote that. To save time i'll just pretend i DIDNT come back yet.

IC: Jalen opened the door to the room. He walked into the room and found himself staring at the Black Claw sitting in a chair by the window. Surrounding him were five men standing arms crossed.

" What is this Master?" Jalen looked at the Black Claw in confusion. He then smiled and began to nod in understanding.

"Looks like i'll be fighting again!" At that moment one of the bigger men pushed all the furniture against the wall, making a large square. Jalen looked at him threateningly.

" So Black Claw, which one of these pansies gets to die first!"If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

The_Thorn
10/06/2002 12:43 PM

OOC: Sorry, I must have missed that.

"We're working on you powerssss here, not you fighting sssskill, sssso try not to kill to many. Good men are hard to come by," said the Claw. "Now, I want you to try and usssse your body. If you are ssssolid rock, letting thesssse guyssss pummel you for a while sssshouldn't hurt a bit. I want to ssssee how many hitssss you can take from a human fisssst." With that, them men circled in to do their business."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

QueshuWarrior
10/07/2002 3:10 PM

About an hour went by. Jalen was knocked on the ground in the beginning by force, but he felt no pain. The hits were noticable however. Jalen admitted, he could FEEL them. A couple of the five had to stop, their knuckles bleeding, their fists crunched. The stronger three of the five would not give up. Jalen was getting awfully bored.

" Ummm. Excuse me sir. These punches arent doing much." Jalen said to The Black Claw with a smile. The three men were offended and started punching him with all they had.

" There is a chance they'll have me in a couple of days. WHEN I DIE OF THIRST!!!" Jalen laughed and the men backed up to The Black Claw, waiting further instructions.

" Is that all you got!" Jalen rose to his feet, not a mark on his grey skin.



If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

Kalia_Majere
10/08/2002 7:45 AM

OOC: um, thistle? where are you?~Everyone has a photographic memory.....it's just that some people forget the film.

~Make something Idiot proof, and someone will invent a better Idiot

thistledown
10/08/2002 12:15 PM

(OOC: Um, right here, waiting for an in character response to my last post.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

Kalia_Majere
10/08/2002 1:11 PM

OOC: um...oops...sorry!

Mauri stared at the man...her face pale...her silver hair was wrapped in braids around her head, hiding the pearly horn on her forhead. She took a panicked step backwards, and tripped...

The golden pin that held her hair in place clattered to the floor....her silver hair fell loose. Mauri sat there...her face felt hot with embarassment. she stood and noiced the shocked look on the "travelers" face.
~Everyone has a photographic memory.....it's just that some people forget the film.

~Make something Idiot proof, and someone will invent a better Idiot

The_Thorn
10/09/2002 7:33 AM

"Well, that wassss certainly boring. What about bladessss? Hold out your arm. Quetch, here issss going to sssstab it with a dagger, or attempt too. Quetch, if you pleasssse," said the Claw."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Maugetar
10/09/2002 9:02 AM

OOC:Grr, why does our fire elemental keep dissapearing?

IC:

Murhek shrugged and waved a hand, throwing a few guards agsint the wall to clear their passage.

"Fine we take the long way, but I am not walking!"

With that he summoned another whirlwind around him and sped off in the direction of the yelling.

OOC:I'm assuming that you two will also have powers to travel fast, if Fayre hasn't developed them yet then Leo can give her a lift. And if any of those in Mauri's room happen to see a whirlwind coming at them....well, react as the charecter would (lol)"Ah, they have a cave troll....."

QueshuWarrior
10/09/2002 5:04 PM

Quetch, a fairly large man, rose his arm up high, his hand gripping a dagger very tightly. He came down with huge force onto Jalens stone forearm.

" Hey! Look at that! YOU SCRATCHED ME!" Jalen was furious. He looked down at the small chip in his arm, made by the dagger. However, the dagger had split in half. Jalen then yanked the broken dagger from Quetch's hand and held out Quetches arm with great strength. Quetch struggled, but it was too late, Jalen stabbed the man in the exact place where Jalen was stabbed.

" Hahaha! How do you like it?" The man screamed as blood ran down his arm. Two other men laid him down to fix him.

" So Black Claw, did i prove my power to you yet?" Jalen looked curiously at the large lizard-man.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

Lady_Kylie_Starglow
10/09/2002 9:30 PM

OOC: I'm here I'm here! I'm just trying to find a place where I can enter back in and actually write more than 2 sentences! But since I can't....

Fayre watched Murhek gust down the hallway and sighed. She wanted so badly to be able to summon her powers, and she knew that the draconian was getting impatient with her.

She closed her eyes, coaxed the spark within her. It took a few tries, but finally that spark caught, and she felt the sweet, sweet magic course through her veins. Her body contorted, became flowing like white-hot liquid. She slowly transformed into a flame, no bigger than the fire from a torch, but hotter than the hottest fire on Ansalon. Her form undulated in the wake of Murhek's whirlwind, and she sped along after him, leaving Leo to his thoughts.Peace and terror all in one, My future life has just begun.....

thistledown
10/10/2002 8:54 AM

"I'm - you! You've got one of them too!" Timesplit sputtered when he saw the horn on her head. "Then that makes you, ... but how? Why is this happening now? Mythran, why didn't you warn me? I, I think I need to sit down." He stumbles downwards where he is, looking at Mauri dumbfounded. (hopefully there is a chair behind him, or Cai'de :D ;) )


The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

[Edited by thistledown on Thursday, October 10, 2002 8:55 AM]

Kalia_Majere
10/10/2002 4:46 PM

Mauri stared at the stranger in shock as she herself stood back up. "That makes me what?? what in the Gods' names are you talking about?" she asked, her voice taking a slightly sharp edge. She stood before the stranger and her handmaid...hands on her hips looking decidedly upset.~Everyone has a photographic memory.....it's just that some people forget the film.

~Make something Idiot proof, and someone will invent a better Idiot

Dark_Master
10/11/2002 12:58 AM

Leo had swiftly stepped up beside Murhek. His stomach knotted and twisted as he treaded the stone corridors that held no warmth. Who was this other woman.....why was she in his dreams? Why was she soo famil...By the Gods....

He quickend his pace....still not knowing where he was going. "Come, we have to hurry....i've just thought of something...."Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

The_Thorn
10/11/2002 7:58 AM

"Very good. SSSSo, can you do anything with other rockssss. Move them with your mind, abssssorb them, thingssss like that?" asked the Claw, not even bothering with the injured man."Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right." - Clue

Maugetar
10/11/2002 8:36 AM

Murhek rounded the corner with Leo's last sentence still reverberating in his mind. Then he stopped dead in his rather destructive tracks. Three figures were standing before him, they looked understandably suprised to see a whirlwind flanked by a flame and a wave heading towards them.

A moment's concentration and the whirlwind had span out into the form of a Sivak, standing regarding Mauri,

"Well, Leo? Told you she was the Earth master.......Leo? Leo! Look man, she won't recognise you if you look like a bleedin' wave will she? And you can change back as well Fayre.""Ah, they have a cave troll....."

QueshuWarrior
10/11/2002 9:20 PM

" No. But you know, magic isnt everything! You put me in a fight with anyone and you will never see me fail! My skin is impenetrable! And i do not know how old i am! Who knows if i can age, or even die at all!"

Jalen then quickly noticed one of the injured warriors buddies was charging at him with a sword. Jalen slapped the sword away with his arm. Jalen Stone then took a huge swing and smashed the man right in the skull. Another warrior went over to the collapsed man and felt his neck for a pulse, he then gave a sorrowful nod.

" Wait a second....that gives me an idea!" Jalen walked over to a stone wall in the room. He punched it with all his strength, making the wall collapse, leaving nothing. It made a loud crash as all the stones flew down.

" Wow! That must be something special!" Jalen was shocked at the power he had.If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

thistledown
10/11/2002 11:15 PM

(OOC: Um, where was I going with this? Oh, right. The elementals.)

"Well, you see." Timesplit started, then realized he was sitting on top of a squealing Cai'de and quickly moved. "It means you are one the four elementals. Not the elemental titans themselves, they are still entrusted to the Dustlady. But it means you are one of the four, well technically six, elemental masters on krynn. I saw another one earlier today. I'm not sure what this means, but I know that when the elemental titans fought each other, it almost destroyed the cosmos. I sure wouldn't want to be around if you masters started fighting each other."


"Course, I won't be." came the sound from both in front of and behind Mauri, as the Timesplit in front of her disappeared a sentance after the one behind her appeared. Surprised, Mauri spun around to face him. "Easy. I didn't come here looking for a fight. Nor do I plan on dying to stop one like my master did. Actually, I'm looking for something entirely different."

(OOC: He is actually looking for two things. One is a person. A cookie to the first person to guess what they are.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

Dark_Master
10/12/2002 1:44 AM

Leo wavered. His form fluxed like the depths of the seas. A sound like the retreating ocean vibrated off the stone walls. He then stood. Solid. His hair shifted slightly, the waves of power still drifting from him. His eyes were glazed, distant, only to suddenly come to reality. Blue hair, still shifting, was un-bound. His hand rested on the hilt of his sword.

OOC: I'm assuming that the three people are Mauri, Ca'ide, and Timesplit yeah?Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

thistledown
10/12/2002 9:46 PM

(OOC: Oops! I was totally not paying attention to your post Maurek, sorry. Treat my last post as having been before you came around the corner into Cai'de's room. But didn't Mauri have the door closed? Oh well. I will wait for Mauri or Cai'de's reactions before posting.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

Maugetar
10/13/2002 6:06 AM

OOC: Yup, it's them three and if you were in one of the rooms then...well, just say that the whirlwind came through the door. He wouldn't notice either way. And where the devil did six come from?"Ah, they have a cave troll....."

TolkaninFaznin
10/16/2002 10:08 AM

((ooc; sorry I haven't posted much ... busy ... have class now ... will talk later ... over and out ...))"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

TolkaninFaznin
10/17/2002 2:31 PM

Okaaaaay, I'm back. For a half hour.

Cai'de ran to her mistress. "Who are you really?!" She demanded of Timesplit. "What's your source?! Talk!!!""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

thistledown
10/17/2002 9:42 PM

"All ri---" Timeplit was about to answer, then in an instant, his entire persona changed. The joking, curious man from before was gone and in his place was a stern and thoughtful figure. (OOC: If you have seen the animes "Trigun," or "Kenshin" then you probably know what I'm talking about)

"Cai'de. I m afraid that will have to wait." He said flatly. "I belive we have company." With that he turned to face the three newcomers, while taking a firm grip on his staff.

(OOC: In answer to your question about the 6, refer to the thread entitled "Elemental Wars." It should answer some of your questions about the elements. But I'm fine if Dust and Aether do not have masters in this thread. That's why timesplit basically said 4. It confuses people who aren't trained alot in the elements. And if you didn't get it in the wars thread, Timesplit and his brother Jim were both apprentices of Mythran.)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

Kalia_Majere
10/20/2002 7:10 AM

Mauri stared in shock as three more people burst into her rooms. one at first seemingly a whirlwind...then showing as a sivak! A young girl with flame red hair. and another....the man from within her dreams!

Mauri backed herself against the wall...as a wave of fear overwhelmed her. She stared at Leo...her eyes fixed on his horn for a moment...then locked onto his eyes.

"W-Who are you???" she stammered, her face pale.One cannot assume that something that looks like an animal isn't an intelligint person~~Nor that something that looks human is more than a Beast.

Dark_Master
10/20/2002 3:47 PM

Leo's eyes were fixed on her. His gaze was the pounding of sea during a maelstrom. He knew not wheather he should be angry...confused....or happy. It couldn't have been...but it was...there she was....her from his dreams....Mauri....the name rang like bells in his head.

He moved forward, one fluid motion. Coming close enough to feel her strong, rapid breath up his own face. "I am Leo...", he whispered silently to her. "And would you do me the honour....of telling me your own name my Lady..."

Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

Kalia_Majere
10/20/2002 3:52 PM

Mauri paled a bit more at the sound of his name.... "I am the Golden Empress...Lady Mauri...." she said the words as though in a dream....her mind a tourmoil...oh how she wished to escape this sudden madness she seemed to be thrown head first into.One cannot assume that something that looks like an animal isn't an intelligint person~~Nor that something that looks human is more than a Beast.

Maugetar
10/21/2002 9:58 AM

Murhek astutley ignored Leo and Mauri as Timesplit gripped his staff in a threatening manner. The Sivak reacted on instinct, shifting into a combat stance - a swirling of wind around him as the air formed into invisiable, but razor-sharp shards. His hand reached for his outsized sword,

"Is there a problem mister?""Ah, they have a cave troll....."

Dark_Master
10/21/2002 2:30 PM

"Mauri....", the word was but a shadow of a whisper, barely anything to it. He staggered back slightly....his eyes were wide, with fear, wonder, awe, surprise, anguish....how could it be...she was dead, or so he had always assumed. Such things were hazy now, but still there, swirling in the chasm that was his mind, and heart. Such things often got lost.

"How can this be? Mauri....", again his voice faded to that distant tremor of somthing lost. Sinking to his knees, his eyes filled with the tears of salt he had often wept into his beloved seas.

He looked up at her, holding her gaze...."Sister..."Come see my site : http://pub63.ezboard.com/bthedream60488

On the wings of heaven does my spirit soar high,
Under the ocean does my heart swim free,
In the bones of the earth does my mind lie secure,
And in the pit of fire....my passion burns forever.

thistledown
10/22/2002 1:45 AM

(OOC: Hmm, how to react here? I'm not really sure what our overall goal is here. Guess I'll just wing it. You may fight against Timesplit if you think it is best for the thread, but he is used later in his life in other threads, so you can't hurt him too bad.)

"Not really." He said lightly. He closed his eyes for a moment, then as he opened them he stared at the shards as they froze into place (in time/space) "I take it you are the other three elemental masters. Very well. I suppose some introductions are in order. First, this is Cai'de," he said, gesturing to the hand-maid. "One day she will be very well known in this land. As for me, I am Timesplit. While I am not an elemental lord such as you four, I am the closest thing to it in the element of the Aether. Primarily, I concern myself with magic dealing with space and time. I also dabble in electricity, but that's more to pay the bills than for actual magic."

"Now, a question I would like to ask you is, why are the four of you gathering here all of a sudden?"The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

thistledown
11/06/2002 7:07 AM

(OOC: Um, what happened here? Did something I said just plain kill this thread or did everybody dissappear?)The sword, it thirsts to drink of man.
The sword, at last must win.
Today is gone, and yesterday,
Must echo in the wind.

QueshuWarrior
11/06/2002 1:19 PM

OOC: well we can get it back on track if THORN replied back to my post from a f-ing year ago!If your expecting a kick in the balls and you get a slap in the face, its a victory!

Maugetar
11/06/2002 1:40 PM

Murhek raised a spiked eyebrow slightly,

"Why are we gathering here?"

The Sivak snorted as he shifted out of his fighting pose and dissipated the air-blades after a moment's concentration,

"Happens every so often, we gather. We fight something. We destroy a lot of stuff. Air and Fire are usually blamed since we are the so-called Destroyer Elements, last time this happened we were banished whilst Earth and Water helped rebuild the damage that was caused. They ended up being declared rulers, eventually they were killed by eachother when they had a war for supremacy. I'm assuming Fire was killed at some point since there is a new one."

He indicated Fayre with a thumb over his shoulder."Ah, they have a cave troll....."

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com