[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > The Future Fellowship

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Flandrake
06/18/2002 10:32 AM

Just make a character of any kind and continue the story from your charaters piont of view. The main plot line is a rag tag group of adventures go through a lot and end up killing Nilkalin an evil cleric. I f you have any other ideas put it with your post.

Lash walks into town just as the sun is setting, "Perfect timing" he mutters to himself. As he starts for the inn a goblin comes out from behind a barrel and follows him.
As Lash gets to the first decent inn he sees he turns and faces the goblin. "Tell whoever sent you that if he wants me dead to come and do it himself."
"Oh he will do it himself" the goblin says back as an orc charges Lash with his axe raised. Lash pulls his sword half out of his scabbered to block the head blow. He jumps foward then pulls his sword to his side and starts to fight with the orc as the goblin fits an arrow in is shotr bow.....
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Kalia_Majere
06/18/2002 3:15 PM

OOC: I'll join...even if it's just for the sake of joining.


Ayeka Reined in NightHeart. Her brother, Touga did the same with his Blood-bay, FlameStar. Touga easied his stallion to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ayeka.

Ayeka narrowed her twilight colored eyes as she heard the sounds of fighting. Touga stared at his sister and back towards the rising sun.
Both of the travelers where quite beautiful in their own right. Ayeka, was tall, slender, with long blonde hair that fell past her waist braided. Her eyes where bright, their odd blue/violet color reflected color of the sky to the west.

The Man, Touga, was just a few inches taller than his sister, with long Dark red hair, that fell past his shoulders. He had Pale, Ice-blue eyes. His finely chisled, aristrocratic features where filled with sudden concern as he too heard the sounds of fighting.

Ayeka didn't wait a moment longer, and spurred her horse on, Touga's FlameStar pounding after. She broke through the treeline with her sword drawn. She spotted the Goblin and rushed him, the creature spotted her and turned his bow on her. Before he had the chance to loose the arrow, She tapped NightHeart's right flank, and as the hose veered off, she lept from the saddle, slamming into the creature hard, her smaller dagger held tightly in front. The Goblin didn't know what hit him as the dagger buried itself to the hilt in his chest. Ayeka continued with the momentum, and let go of the blade. She tumbled easily, and came to rest on her feet.

"disgusting creatures....Sometimes worse than the Cursed." she hissed, wiping the blood on the grass at her feet.

OOC: okay for those who haven't read the Nightstalker Threads. Ayeka Drache-Crane is a Half-Vampire...her Half-Brother Touga Drache is a full vampire. I am gonna say that this is part of the 10 year or so quest known as "NightStalker pt2, fate of a child" ...I just felt like using them...haven't in a while. :)Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Flandrake
06/18/2002 4:10 PM

Lash blocked an upper slash came across on the orc's arm slicing into it, fresh red blood speud out of the arm. Lash flipped the blade away from his thump turned around and stabbed the orc in the stomach, he wirled around to decapetate the orc's head. The tiefling wiped the blood off his longsword and returned it to its saccbered.
He looks from the goblin up at the woman who killed it and a man coming down the road.
"Thank you for the help, but I would have gotten him."
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/18/2002 9:40 PM

OOC: Can I join in too?

Eliar Swiftfire, a mage who seemed to be in his late teens walked in. He stared at the mutilated bodies and puked.

"Hoo boy... that was too much for one as manly as me to stomach."

He muttered a spell, the bodies were engulfed by bluish flames. He grinned. "Now, that's better."

Kalia_Majere
06/19/2002 5:50 AM

Ayeka shethed her silver blade and looked back at the man. She bit back a scathing retort to the man who killed the other creature, and smiled wanly at him. "Well if that's all...." she said, squinting in the bright early light. "My brother and I have been traveling all night...can you tell me if the Inn here is in good reputation?" she asked, her blue/violet eyes showing the weariness that her body did not. She whistled, and the Black mare trotted over and she nimbly lept into the saddle.

She felt a vauge pull at her mind, as the two wolves, Jenna, the white, and Nightshade, the black, Trotted into the clearing. NightShade sat down beside Touga's blood Bay stallion, her bright Gold eyes evaluating the other two people. The White, stood proudly beside Ayeka, her Blue eyes seemed almost bored.Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Dark_Master
06/19/2002 8:02 AM

Time sat alone upon the over hanging cliff watching images in a swirling mirror of light. He waved a hand and it vanished. Those images were the last he had known of his twin brother Space. Together they had been 'Time and Space'. Great warriors in their own right and favoured of Gilean. As their names suggest....Time has a control over time....he can travel through temprol gateways, see into the distant future and past if he knows who or what he is looking for, freeze time in an isolated location and recall images from his own mind that once happend, he is however a true neutral and does not interfere with the flow of time, he, like Astinus, is something a watcher. Though not immortal, his power allowed him to slow the aging of himself and his brother, giving them a life span greater than elves but not the mighty dragons.

Space had been able to control...well space. He could travel to infinite dimensions in the blink of an eye, transport to any location without moving by bending space and travel at great speed. However, he was killed. A great battle had broke out. The war of the lance, a time when evil was gaining dominance over good, Gilean ordered them to restore balance, and so they attempted to, but the great chromatic dragons were too much for Space alone who had been cornered so to speak, and torn limb from limb. Time had been devasted, he had planned to travel back and stop space, but was stopped by Gilean himself who had said 'The fate of mortal men is not for mortals to decide, but the Gods.'.

And so Time went on, he has only begun to accept the loss of his twin. For compensation for his loss, Time was given a great gift by the God of neutrility. A pair of feathery white wings, as pure as a angel of Paladine.

Slipping off the cliff side he let the up draft catch him. He soared high and wept. Looking down upon a small group, his interest was somehow attracted to them.... Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
06/19/2002 8:46 AM

Lash made a wry smile and said to Ayeka, "Like you I just entered town and I am not sure but the inn looks well cared for and only inns with money would look like that."
"By the way let me pay for your room. I owe you one."
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/19/2002 9:30 AM

Seeing Ayeka, Lash and Touga were too busy to even give him a look. He took out a mirror instead to see whether his hair was ruffled after casting his spell, to his relief, his dark spiky hair remained the same.

"Phew... thank goodness I still look as MANLY as ever. MWAHAHAHAHHAA!" He laughed hysterically before putting his mirror aside.

Then, the young mage narrowed his dark eyes as he sensed that he was being watched by a powerful presence. Looking up directly at TIME, the boy smiled thinly.

"In the still darkness, the lion roars, drowned out... by the soundless sounds of a mountain's shadow." Eliar said.

Shaking his head, as if pretending that he didn't see anything, the boy walked towards Lash, Ayeka and Touga. And waved frantically to grab their attention.


[Edited by eswiftfire on Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:46 AM]

eswiftfire
06/19/2002 9:39 AM

OOC: Eliar Swiftfire is supposedly a young mage who travel between worlds. While he loves acting like an idiot, he is definitely NOT an idiot. He possesses phenomenal powers, but he will not use it unless being forced to. Umm... is this sorta character acceptable?

Flandrake
06/19/2002 2:14 PM

Before Ayeka could deliver a response the young mage Eliar burst into the center of the group.
"What do you want mage?" Lash said in an annyoed voice.
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/19/2002 6:56 PM

Grinned maniacally at Lash. "Hah! Grumpy old man! There is not the way to speak with the embodiment of manliness! Mwa ha!" He lifted his sleeve and displayed his not-so-muscular forearm.

"Anyway...." He cleared his throat. "um.... well, I er, I'm out of cash, you see, and I want to stay in this inn. Can you... umm... you know... pay for me?"

Kalia_Majere
06/19/2002 8:25 PM

Touga stepped forward, his long red hair (I mean red red...not the normal orangish red of normal hair color.) flowing loose behind him. He reached forward, stopping just short of grabbing the insolant man by the colar. "Just who do you think you are?" he hissed, his ice blue eyes taking on a gold cast.Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

eswiftfire
06/20/2002 4:22 AM

That deluded young mage didn't flinch at the sight of the much bigger man. "Me?" There was a trace of a sly smirk on his boyish face. "You want to know who I am, vampire?" For a moment, his voice seemed to have a different tone, deeper, more menacing....

Eliar suddenly looked up at the sky dramatically, weeping tears of manly emotion. "I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And..."

"I'm out of cash." More tears flowed out. The young mage stared at Touga like how a homeless little puppy stare at people.

Kalia_Majere
06/20/2002 5:52 AM

OOC: tsk tsk...first rule of role play...unless a character outright tells you what he or she is....you shouldn't know right off....All I did was point out "OOC" what Ayeka and her brother where...You as the Role player know but your character doesn't.

BIC: Touga rolled his eyes as Nightshade growled low in her throat. Ayeka shot her brother a scathing look, her twilight colored eyes dark. Touga caught her look, and swallowed hard. He remembered all to well her power...even more than his, though she was only half. He would never forget the way she dispatched their treacherous Father.

Ayeka turned to the man who offered to pay for their room. "Thankee friend...but such is not Necessary...But we could share a meal...if that suits you." She said, her voice begining to show her wearinessOh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

eswiftfire
06/20/2002 7:40 AM

OOC: Bleh. I DO know how to roleplay. As I've said before, my character is supposedly a mysterious yet powerful mage who seems to KNOW SOMETHING, he's only hiding all these by acting like a retard. Look at how my character noticed Time's presence too. Don't worry, I still won't let my character destroy mountains, dry up the ocean etc etc. By the way, who is older, Ayeka or Touga?

Seeing that the three have ignored him again, the young mage scowled and entered the inn by himself.

The inn was crowded. Eliar walked towards an Elvish woman. "Hey babe, you look hot, let's say we find a place and I show you some magic." He grinned evilly.

And he was rewarded by a punch in the face and a string of Elvish curses.

"Ow...."

Dark_Master
06/20/2002 8:01 AM

OOC: Hmm...

BIC: Time landed silently mere feet from the odd group of strangers. These people my Lord.....if you say so....they seem nothing special though He looked at the woman and man standing near each other.....they appeared similar somehow. Perhaps i was mistaken. He walked over to them....one had disappeared into the Inn by himself.....That one is strange....disturbing.....these two are interesting...

"Greetings friends....a wonderful night isn't it?" Staring at the pair Time attempted to create a connection....witness their past.....it was difficult....being interfered with somehow.... Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
06/20/2002 9:28 AM

Lash smiled at the winged man, through his travels he has seen many strange things including elves with wings.
"Greetings, would you care to join us? Us three are going to share a meal, but I have one question thoughs wings might attracte atention, can you do something about them?"
"If you can't I think I should get some food inside and eat outside, I'm going north where are you going?"
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
06/20/2002 9:57 AM

OOC:Emm....i hope that i am not the elf you are referring to....cause i'm not an elf...sorry if i mistook you.

BIC: "Yes i can do something with these." Raising his palms slightly his wings began to shrink and receed into his back....a look of discomfort crossed Time's face for but a second, then the wings had vanished. "Please do let me hinder your eating.....we can go inside if it suits you all.....North eh? I am uncertain as to where i am travelling....where-ever the currents of time take me i suppose.....and it would appear that they have washed me ashore to stumble upon yourselves."

Time turned to Ayeka and boxed slighty....bringing her hand to his lips, he kissed it tenderly, then facing Touga he made a slight bow. "Greetings to you both...." Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
06/20/2002 3:26 PM

"Well the way you put it it seems we should stay together. Come we can talk inside. Oh ya the names Lash." Lash then turns and enters the inn.
He looks at the "manly" mage on the ground and the attractive elf madien sitting at the table closest to him. Lash shook his as he picked up the mage, "Was this fool bothering you?"
"Why yes, but I can take of myself as you can see." She smiled and flushed. Lash winked at her and sat over at a table. He put the mage on the bench next to him and asked for five plates of food, some ale, wine, and water. He motioned for Time, Ayeka, and Touga to come and sit down.
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Kalia_Majere
06/20/2002 5:27 PM

OOC: Ayeka is about thirty-five...though she looks 18...Touga is reaching sixty...though he also looks 18. These characters are based somwhat on the Vampires from the movie "BLADE". They are Pureblood, born vampires. The "Cursed" as previously mentioned are the "Turned" or created vampires. My new avatar here lookes the way I picture Touga. Touga and Ayeka's father attempted to have her mother kill Ayeka when she was just a baby and failed gettng herself killed instead....Ayeka spent her life trying to find her mother's killer. I brought up "Quest of the Nightstalker" for those who want more background on these two characters.))


Ayeka sat down gratefully, taking her time with the food. Touga glanced at the food, and picked at it as though he wasn't truely interested. He kept glancing at the elf maid, smiling at her charmingly. Ayeka caught his glance, and elbowed him in the ribs. He shot her a pained look before hading Nightshade some of the meat on his plate.

Ayeka shook her head and did the same for Jenna, the white wolf sat at her side, watching the other three intently.

Ayeka took sip from her wine and smiled at Lash. "So tell me...what got you into that mess when we came onto the scene? Not many people would pick fights with Ogres or Goblins." she said.
Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Flandrake
06/20/2002 5:52 PM

"Well I am a ranger, and as a ranger I need to protect the forest."
"I think those guys were just crownies of a military leader. I penetrated their fortress because they were burning down the forest and killing creatures for sport. I killed a bunch of them and with some help from a gnome blew up most of the building. If your wondering about the gnome he is a traveler like me and we decided to work together on this one.

The leader must be trying to hunt me down and get revenge. I don't really like to talk about my past but I was raised by a half-fiend, it wasn't so bad since I'm a tiefling plus he did train me to be a great warrior. Now I travel around the world in search for treasure and adventures."
Lash stopped a moment to drink from his ale and take a bite out of a piece of bread.
"Now why don't you tell me about why your traveling."
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 2:00 AM

Eliar shot up from his seat immediately, there was a handprint on his face, gratefully given to him by the elf maiden.

"Aha! Lemme start first! Let the great Eliar Swiftfire start first! It's a sad tale of destiny and fate! Which is so epic that it would bring tears into your eyes! Yup, even you!" The mage pointed at Time and giggled hysterically.

Then, he grabbed hold of the bread and jammed it into his mouth while attempting to speak.

Unfortunately, his words came out like this:

"Hmmmm mmmm mm mmmmm mhhh mm!!! MMmmm MHHmmmm mmm!!! MHHHMMmmhHmmmm HmmHHHMm!!!!!"

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 7:58 AM

That lasted for more than 5 minutes.... until he finally swallowed the bread.

"So, what about you guys? Huh? Tell me your stories! Probably not some lameass, cliched 'my village was burnt down by goblins and I'm the only survivor so I seek the person behind all these for revenge' crap, right?"

Without even waiting for a reply, the mage took another plate of food and began wolfing it down ravenously.

"Damn! I didn't expect the food in this world... *cough* *cough* food in THIS TOWN to be that good. Heh." He grinned sheepishly.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, June 21, 2002 8:03 AM]

Flandrake
06/21/2002 9:15 AM

Lash raised his hand over the mage and knocked him out.
"There, I think thats better. Now first what are your names, I am Lashquierloush Nivertidenr, but please call me Lash. And what about yours?"
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 9:25 AM


Lash raised his hand over the mage and knocked him out.


OOC: You can't do that in RPGs, i mean describing the actions of other characters.

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 9:28 AM

Eliar rubbed his head and frowned after Lash said his name. "Is that really your real name? Say it out slowly, I want to hear how you pronounce it."

OOC: Heh

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 9:34 AM

OOC: By the way, how old are you guys? I'm really eighteen. Been using this character since I/he was 13.

Kalia_Majere
06/21/2002 11:42 AM

OOC: LOL! Actually I hate to say it...but He is the "DM" He is God when it comes to his threads...He guides it..he can do as he wishes. If I did as you do, My Dm would've tried to Kill my character....be thankful that this isn't a type of thread that he can do that in. His little infraction is nothing compared to what I've seen people do here. Lighten up! If you want to know anything about me, Read the Registry notes...I won't waste a post on it.


BIC: Ayeka ignored the mage, her hands clenched tightly beneath the table. "My name is Ayeka (eye-ah-ka) Drache-Crane. This is my Brother, Touga (Tu-gah) Drache. Our story is long and complicated, and not exactly fit for dinner discussions. Our journey is to find my son...He was taken from me when he was five...that was two years ago...we have been searching ever since." She sipped the wine when Touga rested his hand on her arm. She looked at him...stared at him for a long moment....then nodded her head.

Touga stood, And bowed slightly. "forgive me...I have something I must do...Don't wait up for me." he said politely, and walked out of the tavern.Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Arra_Sails
06/21/2002 6:27 PM

OOC: Mind if i join in? BTW, my character has nothing to do with Tasslehoff Burrfoot, ok?

BIC: Tas walks into the tavern. He is bored and everyone knows that nothing is more dangerous than bored kender.

He looks around the tavern, thinking whose gold should he steal first. Soon, he decided to steal the purse from that spiky hair boy who look dumb enough that maybe he won't notice his purse is gone.

Tas grins. He slowly walk to the table innocently, pretending that he was looking for something. When he got near, he dug his hand into the boy's pocket, searching for his purse.

Arra_Sails
06/21/2002 6:29 PM

OOC: Just telling you if you don't know, Tas is stealing from Eliar!

eswiftfire
06/21/2002 7:26 PM

Eliar's gaze followed Touga for a moment, before he reached for a bowl of soup.

Busying gulping down the soup, Eliar didn't notice the kender. But then, since the fact that he only had an empty purse, a mirror, a bottle of half-used perfume and a pink hankie, there was no reason for him to be afraid of kenders.

OOC: Oh. So he can say stuff like 'me hit you, you are dead' type?

Kalia_Majere
06/21/2002 9:34 PM

OOC: nope...didn't say that....Only a true DL or D&D DM can do somthing like that....This forum is a cross between Storytelling...and Table-top gaming. He can attack your character...even go as far as knocking him out....but rules here are you cannot outright kill a persons character without permission....simple curtesy(Sp) here.

BIC: Touga lept up on His Blood Bay, and wheeled the stallion around. He drove the huge stallion onward till he met up with a small campsite five miles down. He studied them carefully...not wanting to harm the innocent...as his sister firmly enforced. He noticed after a few moments that these two where not the origional occupants of this camp. He smiled, a smile that twisted his features, making him even more hansome...but it was a cold beauty.

Swiftly, like a striking snake, he attacked. Catching both unawares. Both where dead before they could scream. Both had gotten what they deserved...their karmic debt for killing the two who had originaly occupied the camp.

---------------------------------------

Ayeka swayed suddenly...she knew that her brother had done as he planned....and after meeting Jenna's eyes, she knew that he did as he promised....and hunted out those deserving of their fate.

Her twilight colored eyes unfocused for a breif moment...then focused back on her companions.Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Arra_Sails
06/22/2002 1:10 AM

Tas is getting more fustrated as he search that boy's pocket. All he could find is a half-used bottle of perfume(which smelt so strong that made Tas wrinkle his nose), a mirror and a pink hankie.

Finally, he found that boy's purse. When he open it, it was empty!

Tas throw it angrily on the floor. He look at that blonde hair girl sitting near to that boy. Grinning mischeviously, he went to search that girl's pocket

[Edited by Arra_Sails on Saturday, June 22, 2002 5:11 AM]

Dark_Master
06/22/2002 1:32 AM

Time sat and listened to the conversation....the waters of time flowed through his fingers, he watched them affected those around him....directed their fates...thier destinies....with some....the currents pursued more heavily. The river affected those at his table....even the newly arrived kender.....he had alway had a small sympathy for the little things....so innocent yet soo mistaken. However, those very same waters affected the woman amoung them somewhat differently, time refused to touch her, it flinched as it did, but could not take hold of her. A bit like the elves, or even more so the dragons who frightend the currents away. But this one was other than elf, and certainly not dragon.

The puzzle intriged(sp) him more and more. He bent forward and whispered in her ear..."If you don't mind me asking my Lady.......what are you?" Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

eswiftfire
06/22/2002 2:46 AM

"That's not a very nice thing to do, kender." Eliar said, even though he wasn't even looking at Tas.

eswiftfire
06/22/2002 2:53 AM

Overhearing Time's question to Ayeka, the mage grinned slightly. "Pretty direct question."

Then, wiping his mouth, he walked away from the table, the past of these people do not interest him. There are other things for him to do...

"Barmaid." Eliar waved to the attractive young lady.

"Yes, sir?"

"I think I know what will look good on you."

The barmaid raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Me."

POW!

"Eeek!" Eliar's shriek went a few octaves higher when the barmaid kicked the place where the sun don't shine. He collapsed on the floor in agony.

The elf maiden who sat not so far away turned to the barmaid. "Next time when you want to beat him up, tell me. I'll help you out."

"Oh the paaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin....." Eliar groaned, weeping tears of manliness.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Saturday, June 22, 2002 2:56 AM]

Arra_Sails
06/22/2002 3:24 AM

Tas was shocked as he heard someone talking to him. He turn around, but saw no one behind him.

He shrugs and continue searching Ayeka's pocket.

Flandrake
06/22/2002 9:38 AM

Lash smiled at the sene Eliar made.
He then grabbed the Kender by the shoulder, "Thats not for you, little one."
He then turned to Time and Ayeka and wondered what Ayeka's answer would be.
Seeing Ayeka's hesitation he felt a need to comfort her, "Hey, you know what we don't even know what you are or your name," he says as he points to Time... (I'm a half-elf)

(Sorry about knocking you out, I guess I got a little carried away)
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
06/22/2002 11:33 AM

Time smirked at the remark. "No...i guess i haven't. Well...i am human....is it not obvious?" Again a small grin marred his lips. "My name is Time. Favoured of Gilean and....well...the rest can be told when ears cannot hear as much. I am sorry for asking such a blunt and personal question my Lady. It is just that you are rather strange....i realise i am aswell....but time does not seem to touch you...or rather it does....it flinches when it does so. You age not i believe?"

Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Kalia_Majere
06/22/2002 4:31 PM

Ayeka started to reply when Jenna growled. Ayeka looked down, and saw the kender there..deft fingers searching her pockets....which where empty. She smiled and shook her head...and mumbled something in an ancient language understood only by Hunters. Ayeka's aura shifted, and surrounded the Kender's arm...holding it tightly.

She looked back at the startled kender. "now now....It's not nice to search people's pockets....you may find more trouble than you bargan for my little friend. She allowed her magic to tense painfully on the kender's arm for a moment and let him go. She blinked and then looked back at time, allowing the gold sheen to overtake the blue/violet of her eyes. The sheen was similar to an animals when a light shines in their eyes.

She closed her eyes and when she opened them the sheen was gone. "I am a Hunter...no more no less...My father was Lord Adrian Drache...Lord and master of the Vampire clans far to the north. My mother, was human, and was killed the day I was born. My brother is a PureBlood, and we rule our lands together...Our father was evil, as corrupt as one of the Cursed...he tried to kill me, and nearly succeeded...but in the end...it was I who killed him." She paused and looked down at her hands, unable to say more.Oh dance! The ancient continents theatre
For the performers who wear the mask of time
Oh dance! your dreams three of the wonders of the world
carried here on the galactic railroad
Like a star like a firefly
A flash and it’s born
a Flash and it fades
born and then gone just like us all

Arra_Sails
06/22/2002 5:22 PM

Tas is having a really bad day. He can't seem to steal anything today.

First, he tried to steal some golds from that spiky hair boy, but that boy was too poor that Tas can't find any golds in his pocket.

He tried stealing from that girl, but someone who sit beside that girl caught him stealing and that girl put some kind of spell and it make his hand HURT!

No matter what, Tas still won't give up until he found some gold.

Tas was wondering who should he steal.

Hmmmm... Maybe he should steal from that guy who caught him stealing just now. This will make him pay!

Tas creep slowly to Lash and search his pocket, hoping to find some gold.

[Edited by Arra_Sails on Saturday, June 22, 2002 5:25 PM]

Dark_Master
06/22/2002 5:23 PM

"Again i do apologise for being soo forward....a Vampire you say....i haven't come across one in my travels i do believe. Well it is a pleasure to meet Lady Vampire..." He kept his voice low but respectful. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

eswiftfire
06/22/2002 8:27 PM

Eliar struggled to stand up to his feet. Seeing that the companions were indeed exchanging 'sad tales of destiny and fate', he decided to walk into another area, to save himself from being bored to death.

A few girls walked past, the young mage winked seductively to them, they ignored him. He sighed.

"Dammit, how the hell can I get out of this world?" Eliar muttered softly to himself. "Gotta look for a portal of some sorts back to Isindir."

He continued making his way out of the inn, and into the woods, to a place where no one could see him, a place where he could be alone...

"You." The word hung in the air, drifting on in silence. And then a patch of shadow nearby solidified and he was no longer alone.

"H-how did you see me?" The dark-robed figure said nervously.

"I have my own ways, spy." Eliar said coldly, an aura of bright bluish flames swirled about his body. "What do you want? Who sent you?"

The other man said nothing, yet he couldn't do anything to hide the look of sheer terror on his face.

Suddenly, the young mage grinned savagely. "I see. A lackey of a dark cleric who wants to... ask me questions about the half-elf. Tell him this isn't necessary, when the Hand of Fate points to the right direction, we will cross paths. Now, get out my face."

"U-understood." There was a flicker, a hint of movement. And then Eliar was alone again.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 9:47 PM]

Flandrake
06/23/2002 11:38 AM

Lash glared at the little kender. "I hope your not trying to take my gold, because back home thieves got their arms cut off. But since I'm in a good mood today howbout you share this meal with us? Now whats your name?"
Lash then looked around for the Eliar, but couldn't find him.
"Ayeka if your brother is a vampire then did he go out to um, you know hunt."
Lash had traveled the world and had met several strange cretures but a kender, a mage who keeps trying to get ladies, a chosen one of the gods, a half-vampire, and her pureblooded brother. This would be fun.....
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/23/2002 12:57 PM

OOC: Flan, hope you won't mind that I've added a 'spy' for that dark cleric of yours.

Arra_Sails
06/23/2002 4:47 PM

Tas gulped as he hear Lash telling him about theives getting their arms cut. He quickly withdraw his hand from Lash's pocket and find an empty chair to sit down with Lsh and his companions.

When Tas saw the food on the table, he quickly grab some and eat it because he never eat anything in days and he's very hungry. He didn't say anything until he finish

"Thanks! I've ever eat anything that good before!" Tas exclaim. "My name is Tas Kenderfoot (and hate my name), but you can call me Tas!"

He grab more food on the table and eat it.

"By the way, what's your name?" Tas sk as he stuff more foods into his mouth.

eswiftfire
06/23/2002 6:58 PM

A sound of someone singing horribly cuts through the tavern like a knife. The door swung open, letting in a chill blast of air, and Eliar entered again.

Ahhhhhh! Eliar Swiftfire the Great!
Those who opposes him are already dead!
Cos' he's so very mighty!
He makes all girls happy!

He is called 'Swiftfire',
because he can swiftly conjured fire!
Any who don't think he's the best!
Has been reduced to nothing but a mess!

He glanced at three exotic-looking ladies at the the corner and waved to them. And he would have sang more if a skillet didn't fly towards his face and knock him out.

"Dammit, he's scaring off the customers!" The barmaid grumbled.

"This tavern gives me bad luck." Was what Eliar wanted to say. But he was too busy trying to stop his nose from bleeding.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Monday, June 24, 2002 4:09 AM]

Flandrake
06/23/2002 9:20 PM

"Well little friend the name is Lashquierloush Nivertidenr, but please just call me Lash. My name is in Infernal with a mix of Elvish thrown in. Thats Time, and thats Ayeka. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go help the ladies man over there."
Lash gets up and walks over to Eliar and helps him stand up. Then he hands him a cloth so he can stop the bleeding.
"You really just need to stop talking to women Eliar." Lash help him to the table and helps him sit down.
"This is Eliar. Where were you anyway?, you just left and then came back......."
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/24/2002 3:23 AM

"Stop talking to women? Never!" Eliar said, pressing the cloth against his nose. "These babes are just playing hard to get, right?" The young mage looked at the elf maiden slyly.

The elf maiden gave him the finger.

"That's not very nice." Eliar frowned. Then, turning back to Lash, he grinned. "Oh, it was nothing, I ate too much just now, so I went out and have a little walk. Heh."

eswiftfire
06/24/2002 7:59 AM

OOC: This thread is beginning to suck. We are going nowhere. Want me to ask my friend to play the badass cleric?

Flandrake
06/24/2002 8:44 AM

OCC: How bout we just go to bed and then travel in the morning. We can run into the cleric's cronies there.
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/24/2002 10:57 AM

OOC: *shrugs* It's your call. I'm telling ya, I have this friend who is really great in playing cool badass villains. Might at least give us an impressive-looking baddie. After all, most characters here seem pretty damned powerful.

eswiftfire
06/25/2002 9:01 AM

OOC: Just wanna point out a few stuff which had been nagging me. Tas is a kender, right? How come he knows that he's STEALING stuff? I thought valuables usually end up in their pockets 'by accident'. Or that they are merely helping someone else 'keep' stuff in case they got stolen by someone else.

And something else... how come Time, being ya know, Time, has not seen a vampire before?

Umm... right, guess that's all I wanna say.

eswiftfire
06/25/2002 9:09 AM

Eliar Swiftfire, once again valiantly trying to prevent himself from being bored to death by sad boring tales of destiny and fate, walked towards the three exotic-looking women.

"So, girls, do you believe in love at first sight? Or do you want me to walk past you again?" The mage smirked.

Suddenly, three exotic-looking men appeared and graciously allowed Eliar to sample every single fighting moves known in Krynn. Few minutes of high-pitched shrieks, pleas for mercy, sobbing later. Eliar measured his length on the ground.

The three exotic-looking men walked away with the three exotic-looking women.

Dark_Master
06/25/2002 10:45 AM

OOC: Time is not the actual incarnation of 'Father Time'. He is simply a favoured of Gilean who has the ability to manipualte/control time. He has reduced the rate at which he ages, but that doesn't mean he has travelled the length and breadth of Anaslon, he may not have seen a vampire before now. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
06/25/2002 12:32 PM

OCC: Your freind can be the villan I really don't care who the villan is.
And your right about the kender, what is up with him knowing that he is stealing stuff thats messed up.

Lash finished his second glass of ale while listening to the end of the groups stories. "Well I say we get to bed, I'm heading north in the morning if any of you want to come with me. And if you don't it was good to meet you."
With that Lash walked over helped the mage to his feat, "Come on I'll get a room with two seperate beds, so you can stay out of trouble."
Lash tossed the barkeeper another gold peice for the new room, "I'll see you guys in the morning."
__________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
06/26/2002 1:11 AM

Merle watched as the peculiar group left. She thought they were insteresting... different. They were not common to this town. Then again, niether was she.
Merle sat against a wall. Worn black robes draped her thin form and she ate nothing but merely hot water with peperment to flavor. Long dark hair framed her too-pale-to-be-healthy face and her eyes were slanted, proclaiming some elven, but not all blood in her.
For moments she just stared, running her hand over a short staff that leaned against the wall near her. She then called the inn keeper over and gave him a dirty copper peice to buy a space to sleep on the Common Room floor. Trust, she wished she could afford something cleaner, but she was as rich as the idiot mage that had accompained the strange group. SIghing she leaned her head agisnt the wall the doze off, her had resting comfortably on a black bound spell book, nestled in her robes.

eswiftfire
06/26/2002 9:37 AM

A painful expression crossed his features as Eliar saw the three exotic-looking women leaving the Screaming Woman Inn with their exotic-looking boyfriend in exotic-looking carriages guided by exotic-looking horses that look so exotic that they outexotic the most exotic thing in this pathetic little town.

Then he turned back to Lash. "Thanks for the help, man."

He looked one last time at the Common Room, fire burning merrily at the hearth, casting long shadows over the rough, uneven cobbled floor.... A sickly looking black-robed Krynnish wizardess preparing to sleep on the floor... the elvish babe quietly drinking her wine at the bar, keeping people away from her with a cold stare... a few drunken men sitting around a small wooden table, playing checkers with their empty glasses... another group of men playing cards and screaming curses and threats at one another... the tired barmaid looking through the window at the starry night sky... a fat innkeeper telling tales of the past to the young children.

Eliar smiled. The lives of these commonfolk are so simple, so full of joy, so full of life. So unlike mine...

And he followed Lash into the room upstairs.

OOC: Well, SOMEONE has to describe the inn, and give it a name, right?

Sarkophagus
06/26/2002 11:02 PM

*sigh*

IC:
Merle closed her eyes, listening to the still noicy inn live. She wondered how she was able to sleep in these circumtances but she had many times before, and would always be able too. She was thankful for the skill, along with her ability to wake up percicely when she told herself she would.
Slowly, Merle began to doze off, the warmth of the inn comforted her and yet she lothed it and all it represented at the same time.
Merle dreamt:
~It was cold, freezing, with blowing snow and harsh winds biting at her thin body. Merle longed for the warmth of a fire, and compassionate hold of another by her side. The laughter of small children playing in the semi-darkness, and the quiet talk of a family behind her. Merle thought of what she had had, but it was now gone. Here, in this desperate ice land, was the only chance to bring it back. She did not know how it would happen, but it would appear to her when she reached her destination. With blue, tightly pressed lips, and the Red robes wraping her body doing nothing to warm, Merle pressed on thru the snow.
Merle was cold, so cold, numb, without any feeling in her body at all save the passionate burning for true family and love. And this fire only, kept motion in her weakened limbs until she finally reached a single spiril of grey reaching up into the shy, from the vast plain of searing whiteness. Merle had reached her destination.
Merle was in the uppermost room of the grey tower. To her was the back of a slight figure, gazing over an ebon and flat stone. Definatly, aching for her love, Merle cried: "I am here!"
At the moment of Merle's triumph, the figure turned.
Pale face, long dark hair, the betraying half-elven features- it was an exactly image of Merle herself. But Merle stood stilled with shock. Not like her, the figure wore the deepest black garb, and the thin lips of the abomination were twisted into a bitter smile of years of betrayal.
The black robed creature spoke, voice thin, but filled with sadness, "My child, my child, why do you search for what you do. It is but false hope." The ebon merle drew Merle to-wards the reflective scrying stone. "Your life my child, is but a wish for the future. O could it come true! But will it, my dear, my dear, how can it?"
Merle stared as the ebony stone illustrated the other figure's words. The logic in them hit well. Despretly, Merle quoted an old song "Until the world's end is the victorius banner of love..."
The sable swathed figure replied softly, gently, "Of love, my child, of love." Merle dreww back a few steps, confused on why she had lost faith in love so quickly, why her passion so sooned been stolen, so quickly. An uneven stone caught Merle's foot and she began to fall to the floor. Before her dying body reached the floor, slim arms clothed in darkness caught her to bring her in.
~Merle sat still in the middle of a cold stone room, eyes closed, reflecting on her past life, her desision. Since a child she had always been alone. Abandoned as an infant, raised by thieves, disliked by children at school, never looked upon, save down, as she grew older. She had always been alone, and she would always be alone. 'In lonliness lies truth', so the anceint bards sung. And as the wise man said "Evil is man’s strength.
Man must grow better and more evil". Merle would follow that path. False memories would die and Merle would thrive.~

ooc: As a note, Merle's dream is not nessicarly all fact, but much of it is.

eswiftfire
06/27/2002 12:27 AM

OOC: Seems that the others have lost interest in this thread. Time to move to another day!

Sarkophagus
06/27/2002 12:33 AM

ooc: nono! Stop it. I dont want to start another thread!
FIne fine, okay. BUt why? I ask why? do the threads always DIE when I enter. *sob* fine fine. *sob*

eswiftfire
06/27/2002 3:54 AM

OOC: *sigh* I was talking about this thread. We are wasting too much time for the introduction, it's time to move forwards, let it be the next day so the companions... (only me, you and Lash) can move on. Hmm... or should I do that myself? I'm not the GM though.

Dark_Master
06/27/2002 5:00 AM

OOC: Emm...what do you mean, 'Only me, you and lash.', do the rest of us not count. Jusy because one doesn't post in a few days doesn't mean that the interest in the thread has been lost. I quite like this thread, i'm just busy and ca't get onto this as often as ilike. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Kalia_Majere
06/27/2002 7:08 AM

OOC: Yea! Geesh...And it's DM...lol! not "G" Give people a chance...some of Us DO have lives too, we don't sit infront of the PUter ALL the time....

BIC:

Ayeka reined in her black battlemare...and soothed the beast by talking to her softly. Ayeka turned in the blankets she used as a saddle. Where could Touga have gone? she wondered to herself. She wanted to join in on the group...maybe it would lead her to the ones who took her son.

She was just about to turn NightHeart around when she heard the familiar nicker of Touga's mount. She turned to her right, and saw him and the stallion clear the treeline. Touga raised his hand in silent greeting. She tapped Nightheart's flank, and the mare cantered a few steps, and stopped beside Touga's stallion.

"where have you been?" she asked, her eyes dark, as she crossed her arms across her chest. Touga smiled and shook his head. "Sorry to worry you sis...but you know me...you know I'd be here...I wouldn't leave you..." He said lamely...shrugging.

Ayeka shook her head and wheeled NightHeart around. "Don't do it again." she said, and tapped the mare's flank, and caught up to the rest of the group, Touga right behind her.Though sometimes the pain is part of love
and our hearts get cut in two,
and pain is so intense
Its alright

Love it gives us all our dreams,
its inside courage too
in the light, shining on
burning forever

eswiftfire
06/27/2002 8:34 AM

OOC: DM? Oh, okay. I was thinking about 'Gamemaster', not 'Dungeon Master', my bad. By the way, anyone here know what town are we in? Definitely not Palanthas, Solace or something, right? Okay, if I'm not wrong, Eliar and Lash should be asleep in the room they are sharing, right? And Merle's already asleep in the Common Room, with some dark evil scary traumatic dream. So, are the rest going to sleep?

[Edited by eswiftfire on Thursday, June 27, 2002 8:41 AM]

Sarkophagus
06/27/2002 11:06 AM

ooc: Well, for a town. I was assuming it was some forsaken little village in the middle of no where eeking out its exsitance by farming wheat and rice, or perhaps a fishing viallge. Where the town is? I was thinking perhaps in Balifor. But whatever is fine with me. (natuarly)

I pray morning comes soon. I can only dream so much *Eh heh**smiles wearly*

Flandrake
06/27/2002 2:20 PM

OCC: Sorry I wasn't on yesterday but I was busy. And I say that we all just went to sleep, I don't care where and it is now morning.

Lash stepped out into the newly dawned sunlight and streched. He had his gear packed and was ready to go, but he wondered where Ayeka and Touga were. He also thought about the black robed mage that he just barely caught a climpse of before he went to bed. And where did Time end up? He's probably in his room or wherever he chose to sleep last night.

He also wondered why that mage kept coming into his thoughts he always did have a sixth sense for evil (him being a tiefling and all) he also found that she was not pure evil nor were Touga and Ayeka but he always kept aware of these feelings, and never overlooked them.

He then began to look for the fellow travelers he met last night and the mysterious mage........
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

[Edited by Flandrake on Friday, June 28, 2002 11:59 AM]

Kalia_Majere
06/27/2002 8:40 PM

Ayeka stood outside the inn, a stiff-bristle brush in her right hand, carefully brushing the black mare that stood pacidly before her. The mare nickered softly and tossed her head.

Touga was sitting down, his back rested against the building...his pale blue eyes where closed...and he appeared to be sleeping. His eyes opened as the mare nickered and he smiled at his sister. "You really take good care of that mare that Alucardt gave you...Do you think that Jadrek will be learning to ride now?"

Ayeka frowned as a pang of sorrow hit her. "Probably...Jadrek is going to ten years this fall..." she trailed off, tears suddenly standing in her twilight colored eyes. "Have I really been gone so long?" she murmered...realizing it had been four years since her other son, Adrian was taken from her...and her wild search to find him. Nightheart butted her arm with her head, nickering softly...while Jenna, the white wolf whined softly and pressed her lupine body against Ayeka's legs.

"Don't worry sis...we'll find him...Alucardt is supposed to met us with Jadrek in Palanthas this winter...we'll find him...with Jadrek, his twin, we'll find him!" Touga said, standing. NightShade, his black wolf raised her head and howled, causing ripples through the packsong of reassurance and friendship. The tears spilled over in gratitude for such good friends, and family. Ayeka smiled and hugged her brother...yes...maybe there was hope after all.......Though sometimes the pain is part of love
and our hearts get cut in two,
and pain is so intense
Its alright

Love it gives us all our dreams,
its inside courage too
in the light, shining on
burning forever

eswiftfire
06/28/2002 10:47 AM

The melodious chirping of the birds during the morning were suddenly shattered by a high-pitched shriek.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *gasp* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"

The innkeeper jumped up. "What in the Abyss..?"

Clang!

Losing her balance, the barmaid dropped a tray of food onto the floor.

Thud!

The elven girl, who was meditating on a tree outside the inn fell onto the ground. She screamed a string of Elvish curses.

Back in the inn... An ashen Eliar burst out of the toilet, a look of pure terror and pain on his face.

"We gotta get out of here! This place is doomed, I tell ya, DOOMED!" He shrieked.

---------------------------------------------
OOC: Hmmm, are you going to not care about the locations throughout the entire thread?

Anyway, I'll be playing the barmaid, some patrons, the elven girl and the innkeeper. The thread's lacking this whole 'inn' atmosphere. Might think of inserting some bad guys too.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, June 28, 2002 10:52 AM]

eswiftfire
06/28/2002 11:19 AM

OOC: Um... wait. Sorta confused. Again.


Lash stepped out into the newly dawned sunlight and streched. He had his gear packed and was ready to go, but he wondered where Ayeka and Touga were. He also thought about the red robed mage that he just barely caught a climpse of before he went to bed. And where did Time end up? He's probably in his room or wherever he chose to sleep last night.



OOC: What red-robed mage? You mean Merle? She's a Black Robe. Or izzit someone else you created?


He also wondered why that mage kept coming into his thoughts he always did have a sixth sense for evil (him being a tiefling and all) he also found that she was not pure evil nor were Touga and Ayeka but he always kept aware of these feelings, and never overlooked them.

He then began to look for his new friends and the mysterious mage........


OOC: Heh. 'Friends' is such a strong word, I doubt the companions would consider each other as friends since the only thing they did last night was to have a short dinner and telling one another about their sad past.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, June 28, 2002 11:24 AM]

Flandrake
06/28/2002 11:57 AM

OCC: My bad I got confused with the dream I'll go back and fix it. And your right 'Friends' is too strong of a word I'll go back and change that too.

Once Lash heard the scream and crash he drew his longsword and started to run to the doot when he heard a bowstring be released. Lash dropped to the ground on his left and saw an arrow hit the side of the inn.
Lash got up to see where the arrow came from and saw a warrior in black scale-mail some distance away. The warrior put his longbow on his back and started to walk toward Lash.
Lash was breathing heavy, he felt pure evil, coming from the warrior. Lash then calmed himself by closeing his eyes and remembering what his master taught him. When he opened his eyes the warrior walked a bit closer and stopped, "Good Lashquierloush you have passed my test."
"Who are you and why did you shot an arrow at me?"
"Well the arrow was part of the test and I am Delier. I am looking for people such as yourself to join with us. Also I sense that there are three others that could join us as well. Yes four in all, with some time you will become very powerfull Lashquierloush."
Lash's mind was racing three others like him, he got it, the mage, Ayeka, and Touga.
"And there is a chosen one of the gods that we will have to kill. Also another mage might stand in our way we must kill him too. And a kender as well, disgusting creatures."

Lash's mind was asking question after question he knew he was talking about the group he had met yesterday, and the mage he had seen.
What was this all about Lash kept asking himself........
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
06/28/2002 1:12 PM

Merle had woken early, as she had told herself she would. It had still been dark, so she cast a simple cantrip to cause a dim light, enough for her to read, but not enough to disturb anyone else. Silently, she cracked open the black-bound book and began to study her spells.
The morning began to lighten as time passed, and the sun threw shafts of dewy brilliance into the room. A breath of peace escaped Merle as she closed the heavy book. She loved these moments, when the world has quiet and she was caught up only in the.... ecstacy, of the magik.
A sharp, high scream frayed the calming quiet of the morning. Merle jumped up, words and motions ready in mind and a thin, but sharp dagger cold against her forearm. When Eliar came screaming thru the inn, Merle's caught breath released: Only the idiot mage. Her peace destroyed, and replaced with irratation, she cleared her mind of the spell.
Quickly, Merle smoothed her dark hair and slid her Book into her larger pouch. She reflected last night, when she had studied the group the idiot belonged to. A strange group, but formable. Merle guessed they were not staying in this town either. She went thru options in her mind and decided to see if she could make their acquatince. If they were leaving this forsaken place, she wanted to travel with them. There were too many dangers on the road for her to go alone, and what ever the destination, she did not care.
Taking her short staff (4 1/2ft.) from where it leaned, she followed the idiot out the inn door. Quietly she approched where Lash perhaps stood with a greeting upon her lips. "Where might you and your companions be heading?" Merle asked. Merle's voice was not at all boisterious, but rather soft-spoken and shy.

ooc: Black robed my friend, not red. In my dream I was red. Before my Test was red. When I was a child.... ;)

________________________________________________
Look into my eyes
Feel the fear just for awhile

PRAISE NUITARI!

eswiftfire
06/28/2002 2:00 PM

"What is this all about?" One of the patrons in the inn asked irritably. "Damned mage, never seen one as noisy as you are."

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking!" Eliar snapped at the patron. "I, the GREAT Eliar Swiftfire, was um... using my er... Spell of Seeing, yep, Spell of Seeing, and I see a great darkness descending upon this inn! Let's get out of here, all of you! We must leave immediately!"

"Oh, for Paladine's sake, the one who should shut up is YOU!" The barmaid, who was still cleaning up the mess on the floor, said.

"But we are in danger, babe!" Eliar protested. "We gotta get out of this town right now! All of us here have to leave! I will think of a LEGENDARY! POWERFUL! AWE-INSPIRING! Plan to protect you all"

He tried to reach for the barmaid's hand, she flung his hand away and slapped him hard.

"OW! Why the hell did you do that?" Eliar said, rubbing his face. And then, someone poured dwarven spirits onto him. Leaving him soaked.

It was the fat innkeeper. "I was already irritated with your constant ramblings and screamings last night. And now, you have to harass my customers too? Get out of here before I call the town guards."

"But this place..." Eliar started.

"Shut up and get out of the inn!" The innkeeper said, punching Eliar in the guts. The boy doubled over in agony.

The patrons in the inn cheered. The expression on their faces spoke volumes. All of them, including the children, were anxious to see the irritating mage leave the inn. There wasn't a person in the common room who gave a damn about what Eliar just said.

For the first time ever, Eliar said nothing. This is a battle I cannot win. Slowly standing up, he walked out of the inn. But a plan was already formulating in his mind...

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, June 28, 2002 2:02 PM]

Dark_Master
06/28/2002 2:48 PM

Time stood outside the Inn, his legs crossed over as he leaned against a tree. He had spent the night attempting to commune with Gilean, but he God was oddly silent towards him. But he was non-plussed, it wasn't the first time the god neglected to converse with him, so he let it pass swiflty. Watching the two vampires, he was fascinated by the way that the waters flowed around them, ageless. He was more interested in the ravings of the mage. So far the mage had displayed little power despite reknowning himself a great mage. But Time concerned himself with little of it.

His back itched somewhat. It had been a while since he let his wings stretch and it began to irritate him. Perhaps i can spread them once we leave prying eyes and enter open country Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
06/28/2002 5:11 PM

"No time to talk muttered," muttered Lash to Merle as he pointed toward the Delier.

"Ahhh, another one," Delier said as he drew an arrow to his longbow.
"No, I don't think so!" Lash charged Delier sword on his bottom left ready for an attack. The arrow fired toward Merle Lash cut the arrow in half and continued to charge forward. Delier's fist clenched, he threw done his bow and drew a Battleaxe and Greatsword. The sword was serated and had a black skull handle. The axe was designed in much the same way.
Lash skidded to a stop and yelled back at Merle if you can help then do it......
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/28/2002 9:44 PM

Eliar walked around the inn, and noticed that Lash was busy fighting with some badass looking warrior or something, with that black-robed mage standing beside him. If circumstances weren't so dire, he would happily help out in this petty little fight, since the warrior was so pathetically weak. But there are more important things to do.

So, he calmly moved past the combatants (narrowly avoiding Delier's battleaxe) and to the back of the inn. The young mage muttered an incantation, tracing a set of intricate set of runes in the air. The air around him crackled with energy, and dazzling silvery-white sparks flared into existence. The inn gave off a faint glow for a few seconds.

"Those people will be safe for the moment." Eliar said, smiling to himself.

And he trudged back towards the combatants.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Saturday, June 29, 2002 3:41 AM]

Sarkophagus
06/28/2002 11:39 PM

Danger so soon. Saved by the reflexes of Lash and not noticing Eliar, Merle face darkened with concentration and focased on the man called Deliar. Thin, pale fingers handled a small sphere of crystal, and a small globe mirroring the spell component grew in Merle's left hand. Growing larger, it left her hand swiftly, traveling to encompass Deliar.
Unless the man had some horrible protection, the globe should trap the man completely in it, at least for a little while.

eswiftfire
06/29/2002 3:46 AM

OOC: Whatever is 'coming' over to the inn, I will write. You people don't have to bother with it. And no, I'm not talking about Delier, who the hell would want to cast a protection spell on an entire inn just to protect it from .... him?

Dark_Master
06/29/2002 4:10 AM

The currents where disturbed. Time watched as they wavered. The waters gathered around him, seeking reassurance. He was the only one, save the Gods, who could hear their voices, speaking as one. Whatever had spooked the waters of time just affect the temprol balance as well as that of the material plane. What could do such a thing. Only one mortal had ever been able to do such. The master of Past and Present. But his demise had equited the disturbance.

Time tensed. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Alanded
06/29/2002 11:46 AM

*player "alanded" has joined the game.
***
Leon tore through reality in a harum scarum tumbling flight, out of control, tossed about like a twig by the currents and undertows of energy that had been unleashed in opening the path. Energies which were now beginning to waver and collapse, dissipating into the void as the Passage began to collapse. Thankfully, he was already almost at his destination, a disc of pulsing blue light - the world-plane of Krynn. He would make it. Barely.
"Oh, you think so, do you?"
The voice that whispered in his ear was low and conversational, but there was a familiarity to it that chilled him to the bone. "You! It can't be..." and then his tumbling descent came to a sudden bone wrenching stop, an invisible force holding him immobile. He found himself staring down at Krynn, so near, and yet so far.
"I know you." said the voice again, from behind him. There was a peculiar bubbling quality to it, tainted with the stench of corruption and rot. "You were there at the seige of W'sad'nar weren't you? The Bloodclaw turned traitor to the Empire."
"I saw you die. No one could have survived that blow."
"Ah, but I didn't." the speaker said mockingly, stepping into view. High Magister Halbros' corpse had not aged well. The rotted mess of entrails that spilled out from the ragged wound in his chest had swelled and burst, oozing dark pus and crawling maggots. The body itself had become bloated with old blood, and the face had been picked over by scavengers, till it was an unrecognizable lump of decaying flesh and empty eye sockets.
His robes were tattered and stained, but the true symbols of his office were unmarked. On his brow rested the Gyn'Arth Grei'al, the gemstones inset into it filled now with lambent fire that burned with a dire malevolence. The mantle of Veroesh'l lay on his shoulders, ancient and terrible and alive, waiting for a word to tear and rend and shred. But in his right hand he held the most horrifying and deadly and unspeakable of them all, Talorus... The soul-stealer.
"I am not the only one who attempted the crossing." Leon said, straining against the invisble fprce that held him. "There are others, even you cannot stop them all."
"No matter. They will be dealt with. The boy is doomed. I need only concern myself with you."
Fleshless lips parted in a mirthless smile. "I'll take my leave of you now. I do not wish to return to Oblivion yet." The liche vanished from sight, even as the Passageway faded away, and the cold darkness of the void came rushing in...

*player "Alanded" dropped offline.

[Edited by Alanded on Saturday, June 29, 2002 11:51 AM]

Flandrake
06/29/2002 2:39 PM

OCC: What is this there are now two Plane shifters in the game. Come on can't you think of anything original (not you Eliar). Oh well I guess we can live with it.

Lash maneged to hold Delier off long enough so Merle could cast her spell. A small blue orb came up to Delier and blue light flashed over him he became incased in a sphere that was just big enough to hold him.
Lash looked back at Merle, "How long will it hold him for?"
As Lash was speaking to Merle he heard Delier trying to break free from his prison using his axe and sword. Then before Merle could answer, Lash heard a lanuagage that few ever used, the lanuagage of magic. Lash knew what would happen, he would most likely break free. But there is still a chance, Lash thought to himself, if he is weak enough from the spell I might be able to get an open hit......
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
06/29/2002 8:33 PM

OOC: I just want to have fun. I pulled out the history because I now see that it does not pertain to the story at hand. Best to keep it to myself before others begin to squeal.

Rashitan rested a slender, white hand on the trunk of a hoary spruce, watching with keen interest at the battle below, between a dark man encased in a magical globe, a Black Robe, and another fierce looking man. In the forest gloaming, her deep, mirror-like brown eyes sparkled, radiant in their youth. Her dark blue hair, a color that struck her fancy, shone like sapphire. A nightblue traveling cloak covered her black robes with white hems.

For a moment she merely watched the humans below. She found the whole world of Krynn fascinating, and before this moment, she'd traveled abroad and studied numerous tomes in the Great Library in Palanthas. She'd been traveling under cover of the darkness, and now was a little fatigued from her easy pace. This remote village was on the way to Solace, some hundreds of miles still afar, and Rashitan needed a bite to eat. With easy strides, Rashitan ambled out from the cover of the forest towards the Screaming Woman Inn (a hideous name to say the least), cloak billowing out behind her. But as she passed the Black Robe and the fighter, she stood a minute, curiosity getting the best of her, to see what would happen next..."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

[Edited by Nerautis on Saturday, June 29, 2002 8:37 PM]

[Edited by Nerautis on Sunday, June 30, 2002 12:48 AM]

Sarkophagus
06/29/2002 9:16 PM

ooc: Unless Delier's weapons are of a despeling magickal power, he should only be able to pound himself sensless against the sphere untill it collaspes in about.... nine minutes now. But whatever, who knows?

IC:
Merle was calm and confident of her spell. She was to answer his question when Delier begain to try to escape, with his greusome blades and Lash turned towards him alarumed, and began to cast a spell. Merle's first thought was to restrain him and a words escaped her lips before she stopped. It was better off not to, for a miscast spell could have ill fortuned effects. Lash also knew what they were fighting (At least I assume) better than Merle did. So to follow his lead, her fingeres sliped towards an amber stone and words, circlating, ready.

ooc: Hurrrah! Nerautis! Eh heh.

Nerautis
06/29/2002 9:28 PM

OOC: I read all the posts, and here I am!

Rashitan, her gaze intent, watched in silence, not daring to interrupt such a delicate situation. Though, just to be safe, she kept the words of a defensive spell on the forefront of her mind. An offensive spell backed the first, should the pair of fighters require assistance."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
06/29/2002 11:50 PM


OCC: What is this there are now two Plane shifters in the game. Come on can't you think of anything original (not you Eliar). Oh well I guess we can live with it.


OOC: ......... I'm speechless. But read carefully, the guy,Leon, died at the hands of that Halbros baddie before he could even cross over to Krynn.


OOC: She originates from a planet called Nsarryn, and with a spell she can travel through dimensions linked closely to hers. Now wait a sec! She can't do that at will, and it's a painful spell. Sadly, my character comes from a powerful world, making her powerful... she's a guardian of her planet, with an extremely long life-span surpassing 150,000 years. And yes, she is a dragon, but one that shape-shifts. Now, on Krynn, since it isn't very closely linked to Nsarryn, Rashitan is much weaker, though still very strong. Also, being very young, her magic is under-developed.


OOC:........ I'm even more speechless now. Three mages, two of them black-robed (Merle and Rashitan). Two of them from another world (Eliar and Rashitan). Two of them with weakened powers (Eliar and Rashitan). Only difference is that one is a shape-shifter, the other isn't. Oh wait, one acts like an idiot, the other, hopefully, doesn't. *sigh* Any other similarities? Ah yes! Both are characters from self-written novels! Heh!


IC:

Eliar appeared beside Time suddenly. "Hey, wanna bet how long this battle will last?" He pointed at the battling Lash, Merle and the badass looking warrior.

Without waiting for a reply, the boy had already launched into a commentary of his own. "Pretty interesting fight, isn't it? Look how they battled each other, the walls echoing with the clash of their swords! Hey! They are standing locked in a position, staring across the crossed blades at each other. Whoa! The eyes of that bad guy are burning with hatred and malice! But you see the grim determination in Lash and sorceress's eyes."

Eliar watched quietly for a few seconds, before squealing again:

"Aha! That elf girl just cast a spell on the baddie! Yup! That guy's moving sluggishly to his pain-racked senses. I doubt he'll last long. Jeez, dammit! Just look at him, did he even look intimidating to you? So what if he carries a sword and an axe? No big deal, man! I'm sure the girl's going to cast a kickass spell that punches through his armour and tear into flesh. Oh wow, maybe his lungs and heart might be punctured too!" He grinned.

Then, the young mage nodded in approval. "Lash is a pretty good swordsman. Reminds me of an old friend, Leon Eronas. He was a commander or something in the Bloodclaw."

Nerautis
06/30/2002 12:43 AM

OOC: Hey, I'm trying out my character to see what she's like. And just because she wears black does not mean she is a Black Robe or evil. She simply prefers it. You want me to pull her out? I really wouldn't be heart-broken, I came here to practice my writing skills, to develop a character in A REAL BOOK. Not some blasted fanfic. I'm serious here. I read books, I take college classes at 15 to become a published writer. Cut me some slack? Not everyone fits into your perfect idea of what a roleplaying game should be.

Now settle down and enjoy the RPG. This is for FUN, it won't be published, it won't get recognition, it's all just for fun. I want to use my person to get to know her. This will help me in a future prequel. Now, let's give this RPG a chance to work out. You don't even know how I'm going to play Rashitan out. She ain't all powerful. If anything, she's inept. I provided history in case people wanted background, it does not affect the story.

Need I write a book here?"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Dark_Master
06/30/2002 1:30 AM

Time regarded the mage with littlke interest. He was too busy watching the skirmish. "Yes very interesting....what...oh yes...very good....sure...." He only heard fractions of the seemingly one way conversation. "This has gone on long enough....." Time moved in, he rounded up behind their assailant. The air around him crackled, a golden thread of mist, sparkling with silver moats, wrapped itself around him, moving slowly, encircling him with the essence of time. He channelled his power towards the man, watching as he slowed times movements aroound him, his movements slowing, eventaully to stop.
Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Alanded
06/30/2002 6:12 AM

*Player "Alanded" now online.

***
Harle peered cautiously over the ledge, trying to make out the figures sitting around the camp fire below. There were thirteen of them, armed to the teeth, and armoured in black steel that gleamed in the flickering firelight. They appeared to be waiting for someone.
He pondered his next move. He had gotten separated from the others during the battle on the Scheherazade, and had been spat out of the Passageway into this barren valley, only to find the only trail leading out blocked by the group below. If it had been Leon here instead he had no doubt the Bloodclaw would have had no problem dealing with the group below. Even Swordmaster Gerald could have handled them easily. But it was just him, alone, with his armour battered to pieces and a broken sword. Fighting was not an option. But maybe he could circle around their camp under the cover of darkness...
And then he felt something cold. hard, and sharp rest itself lightly against the base of his neck and he froze.
"Get up. Nice and slowly." A woman's voice said from behind him.
He did as he was told, careful not to do anything to alarm her, the razor edge of the sword digging into his flesh, a thin trickle of blood seeping out from the cut.
"Turn around."
He did, slowly, keeping his hands away from his sides and the hilt of his sword. She wore black armour, like those below, ornamented with engravings of an unfamiliar flower, and she handled her sword with an ease that belied the youthfulness of her face. She studied him coolly with dark eyes that flashed with interest as she noticed his armour. "That's not Solamnic, is it? I don't believe I've ever seen armour like that before... Tell me stranger, what business have you spying on the Knights of Takhisis?

OOC: Uhm, 'bout the 'planeshifter' thing, you should probably expect more to drop in soon. BTW, don't you feel as if you're leaving out several major factions of Krynn in this thread? Like, where are the Solamnics? The minotaurs? And what happened to the kender (distinctively unkenderlike though, especially for a post S.C one). This is post S.C right? Otherwise, I'll have to change it to "Knights of Takhisis" instead, or a bunch of draconians.

After edit: Knights of Takhisis it is Merle. BTW, for post S.C spellcasting, you can actually use magical crystals that grow in a valley as a sort of mana battery. The Knights of Neraka had been experimenting with this. (This is from one of those dargonlance source books.)

*Player "Alanded" dropped offline.

[Edited by Alanded on Sunday, June 30, 2002 6:21 PM]

eswiftfire
06/30/2002 11:07 AM


OOC: Hey, I'm trying out my character to see what she's like. And just because she wears black does not mean she is a Black Robe or evil. She simply prefers it. You want me to pull her out? I really wouldn't be heart-broken, I came here to practice my writing skills, to develop a character in A REAL BOOK. Not some blasted fanfic. I'm serious here. I read books, I take college classes at 15 to become a published writer. Cut me some slack? Not everyone fits into your perfect idea of what a roleplaying game should be.

Now settle down and enjoy the RPG. This is for FUN, it won't be published, it won't get recognition, it's all just for fun. I want to use my person to get to know her. This will help me in a future prequel. Now, let's give this RPG a chance to work out. You don't even know how I'm going to play Rashitan out. She ain't all powerful. If anything, she's inept. I provided history in case people wanted background, it does not affect the story.

Need I write a book here?


OOC: *sigh* No need to get so touchy here. I was just pointing out some similarities between our characters to remind us not to make the mistake of making our characters (Rashitan, Eliar and Merle) too alike.

After all, both of us also seem to be playing this RPG for the same reason. And that is to test our characters from our novels. Yes, you are not the only one here who is serious in writing.

IC:

Eliar watched blankly as Time went over to help out Lash and Merle. "Three against one? Is that really necessary? Jeez, and now he's manipulating time too. It's a wonder that the bad guy had not been reduced into dust now."

The young mage continued watching them for a moment, before he felt something around his feet. He knew had to get rid of this threat immediately....

A huge wooden mallet materialized in his hands. "Guess I need to use you again, Assistance In Emergency." He smiled, slowly tracing his fingers around the runes that were etched clearly on the handle.

"HAIYAH!" The mallet came crashing down....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Leaving a huge crater on the ground...

"Damned ants." Eliar muttered as he put the mallet away.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Sunday, June 30, 2002 11:11 AM]

Nerautis
06/30/2002 12:18 PM

OOC: I explode easy, everywhere I go people seem to criticize me, and so I apologize if I was mistaken here :/ To further clear things, Rashitan is of my own creation. No influences from here. So the similarities are coincidence. On a side note, Rashitan possesses a fair amount of power, but she's practically an infant. Like I said, she's clumsy. She's as likely to cut off her own hand rather than incinerate an enemy. There, that's a better background.

Rashitan jumped at the sound of the mallet. "Hey! Don't hit that thing too close. I am standing here, you know! But thanks all the same, those ants were crawling up my robes." Casually, she brushed her hands down her midnight robes. "Well, I need something eat, I'll be back in a couple.""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Sarkophagus
06/30/2002 12:29 PM

ooc: Oh, no. It is pre- SC. I am a black robed mage and magik does not really work after that. So make Takhisis or whatever. You have a tho, Alanded, about leaving out factions.
Heavens! Nerautis, do not pull out. This is just a game and why are we having so many conflicts? Who knows, if they thread turns out really cool, it could be novelized. I know a couple people who did that with a thread I was in (not here). Of course permission would have to be asked et cetera, et cetera.
We are just trying to have fun so everybody stop being picky about rules and stuff. Whatever happens, rationilze it and move on.
Nerautis, if your charcter will not fit in to a pre- SC, then let me know and I guess I could some how rationalize my Charcter as post- SC. I just want people to be happy and have fun.
Elier, please try not to be so critical of others, I normally would love having these kind of disscusiongs, but they do not belong in a RPing thread. The only reason I entered a Mage while you were already one in here, it becuase you are not a Krynnish mage and VERY different than I. You are more powerful, much less serious about magik (by nature), and work different magiks than I. I will tire after much use of my art, and so on. I do not know of you, but that is my weakness along with my longing for family and love. Elier, I think you are a good RPer, and I love that. But be careful.
Blah, I have posted WAY too long of an ooc message in this thread, forgive me.
One last comment to everyone: make sure to be REALISTIC. I think some of us may be too powerful with no weakness. Remember, it is fun to die. To sacrifice, to be in pain, to suffer with dignaty. Just do not over do it.

Elier, making a crater in the ground would normally cause an earth quake, that would affect others too. It might on to the ground, knock over a china face and shatter it at least. Is that sppose to hapen? IF so we might want to leave soon. :)
Sorry, you guys.

Nerautis
06/30/2002 12:53 PM

OOC: Bah, that's no problem, sometimes my posts are long by accident... and yes, Rashitan will fit into any time period. Her magic is not of Krynn either. I think I gave her enough weaknesses for now.

We need Flandrake!"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Flandrake
06/30/2002 2:07 PM

OCC: Dang I can't believe how many posts there are in just a few hours. I usually check things out in the morning but I went to go see a movie. And I am sorry for any thing I said that was false or not properly thought through. And about the simalaerities (sp) look at the chronicles series everyone was a fighter sept Raist and Goldmoon. And I don't know what happened to our kender.....

A magic blast came out from Delier it seemes to bounce against the sphere but came back at him, he was burned to a crisp and fell to the bottom of the sphere. Lash looked over at Time and felt everything slowing down, he looked back at Merle to she if she if she needed any help.
Lash sheathed his longsword, "Well I guess that he took care of all our problems, right?"
Lash then looked at the mage that had past them. "Hey you, do you know who this guy was?"
Lash also felt a new feeling much like Delier up on the hill......
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
06/30/2002 2:45 PM

OOC: Flandrake, i'm just slowing time around the bad guy, it shouldn't affect anyone else otherwise....just incase...but i suppose some residual currents could be emminating so no problems there really.

BIC: Time held the stasis field in check, he didn't want to permantely time freeze the person, undoing such was always more difficult to do. The magic release was slightly impressive but he ignored it, for all its worth, it would have done damage to them aswell as their assailant, if that was the intention other than simply getting rid of a few ants. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Sarkophagus
06/30/2002 4:36 PM

After Delier had burnt himself to death, Merle relaxed her mind. She noticed a new forgeiner had showed up outside the inn. Merle turned to Lash. She was about to ask him who was the man who had attack them was, when she heard him ask the same to the newcomer. Her eyes narrowed suspiciously, not becuase she distrusted anyone but becuase she was confusioed. Who would attack a random person in the middle of a town? The villagers must be frightened out of their wits and they obviously had no milita, because no man had been attracked to the fight. Merle spoke to Lash, "Who are you? You have no idea why or who is he that", She motioned to the remains of Delier still emprisoned in the sphere, "attacked you?" Merle paused a momentfor reply

Nerautis
06/30/2002 5:34 PM

Rashitan, a chunk of bread in her hand, turned to Lash and Merle. "Who, me? Now that I think about it, I saw that guy before. He was in the last town I visited. I overheard him muttering something about a dark cleric, evil by the sound of it--" She paused to tear off some delicious white bread--"but that's all I heard. I didn't think it any business of mine. Were you talking to me? My name is Rashitan, pleasure to meet you guys. I was on my way to Solace, and only stopped for a snack." Polishing off the bread, Rashitan came closer, velvety robes whispering around her feet. Curiously, she cast her glance at the pile of ash enclosed in the magical globe. "This guy must have after you at the orders of this dark cleric. What's he got against you?""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Flandrake
06/30/2002 7:42 PM

"I have no idea who he is except for his name and he was searching for people to join an army. He only wanted me Ayeka, Touga, and you" Lash points at Merle. "Time, Elier he was going to try and kill you two."

And to answer your question" he faces Merle, "I am Lashquierloush (Lash quer lou sh) Nivertidenr (Nive er tie den er) but please just call me Lash. And I for one want to find out what this whole thing is about what about you guys?"

OCC: Okay now you know how to say my characters real name.
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
06/30/2002 8:08 PM


Elier, making a crater in the ground would normally cause an earth quake, that would affect others too. It might on to the ground, knock over a china face and shatter it at least. Is that sppose to hapen? IF so we might want to leave soon. :)


OOC: Hmm... I did that for comedic effect. Though Eliar's powerful, he will be, most of the time, the comic relief here. (unless we have a funny kender). And don't have to worry about making my character too powerful. After all, who was the one who got beaten up the most here? Heheehehe...MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

IC:

"Oh, see ya, umm... fellow alien." Eliar waved to the woman who went in to get herself a bread.

Grinning sadistically at the small crater he had created with his mallet. He looked around again. "Anymore ants? Where's the damned nest?" Assistance in Emergency (the name of the mallet) gleamed brightly, dangerously...

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

It came down again. Crushing a couple of those... evil (?) ants.

Looking up, he saw that the three had finally finished off the... villain. "Joy, maybe we can get the hell out of here." Eliar muttered.

"Tell me when you want to leave, Lash!" The young mage yelled before turning away.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!!

More small craters appeared on the ground.

eswiftfire
06/30/2002 8:11 PM


After edit: Knights of Takhisis it is Merle. BTW, for post S.C spellcasting, you can actually use magical crystals that grow in a valley as a sort of mana battery. The Knights of Neraka had been experimenting with this. (This is from one of those dargonlance source books.)


OOC: Yeah. I think it would be more logical if the story takes place after the Second Cataclysm. After all, the Knights of Takhisis appeared shortly before the Chaos War, so, everyone of us should be busy fighting against Chaos' minions instead of going for a quest like this.

Nerautis
06/30/2002 9:10 PM

Rashitan cocked her head at the words of the foolish mage, intrigued. "Where are you guys going? On an adventure, after the evil cleric person?" Then a broad grin split her lips, and she clasped her hands behind her back beneath the folds of her cloak. "May I go, too? Solace can wait!"

Stepping up to the man named Lash and the mage, Merle, Rashitan said with a nearly imperceptible hint of irritation, "I did introduce myself, didn't I?""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

[Edited by Nerautis on Sunday, June 30, 2002 9:14 PM]

Kalia_Majere
06/30/2002 9:18 PM

OOC: I just got Seriously lost, and forgotten...I'm ducking out.Though sometimes the pain is part of love
and our hearts get cut in two,
and pain is so intense
Its alright

Love it gives us all our dreams,
its inside courage too
in the light, shining on
burning forever

Nerautis
06/30/2002 9:38 PM

OOC: Aww... that's sad, I liked your characters!"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
06/30/2002 11:11 PM


OOC: Aww... that's sad, I liked your characters!


OOC: Yeah, a quest is not a quest if you don't have angsty dark grim characters with you. Anyway, if you are lost, I hope this might help you.

Lash was suddenly attacked by some axe wielding, bow and arrow shooting, sword carrying warrior, Time and Merle went over to gang up on the baddie.

A newcomer, another alien, Rashitan appeared to get herself some snack.

Eliar warned the inn about some unseen terror or something, but got thrown out of the inn instead. He ended up casting a spell of protection on inn, and also went around bashing evil... ants.

And Alanded's story? Lemme see, some guy, Leon wanted to step through a portal to Krynn, only to be attacked (sort of) by an evil looking lich. Leon was trapped in oblivion. Meanwhile, another guy, Harle, was captured by Takhisis/Neraka knights before he could do anything.

Guess that's all. Hope it can help ya.

Sarkophagus
06/30/2002 11:27 PM

ooc: I am confused now. I also thought the gods seriouly left after the chaos war so the clerics powers waned, just like magik. So how could we be looking for an evil cleric. Perhaps the evil cleric has somthing to do with the big happenings in the world.

ic:
Merle smiled coldly at Rashitan, "I fear you _have_ forgotten to introduce yourself." Then directed to-wards everybody, "I have no knowledge of what is happening, but was merely looking for a way to leave this," Her hand referenced to their surrondings, "behind. May I help in what you might be partaking in."

eswiftfire
06/30/2002 11:40 PM


ooc: I am confused now. I also thought the gods seriouly left after the chaos war so the clerics powers waned, just like magik. So how could we be looking for an evil cleric. Perhaps the evil cleric has somthing to do with the big happenings in the world.


OOC: But 'cleric powers' were sort of rediscovered. Not only by Goldmoon, but also by the Knights of Takhisis. Of course, we could always come out with an easier solution. This is an alternative world where magic really didn't disappear that completely after the Second Cataclysm? Just much harder to cast spells?

Nerautis
07/01/2002 12:11 AM

OOC: Who knows :P

For a brief moment, the innocence in Rashitan's eyes left, replaced by an ageless wisdom utilized by fast thinking, calculating mind. "I'll repeat myself--my name is Rashitan Silvertear, an 'alien' as that strange mage over there said. I come from a place fairly close to Krynn, yet unreachable by conventional means." In a flash, the bright brown/black gaze mirrored over, concealing the agelessness and once again bearing the innocent look of a child.

"I'm here looking for adventure, if you will. I read about the Companions from a book at the Great Library, and decided it would be interesting to visit the Inn of the Last Home, hear the legends from patrons and bards, and keep an eye out for an adventure along the way. Looks like I might have found one before even reaching my destination!""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/01/2002 7:42 AM

OOC: Okay, I take back what I said about post-SC. Pre-SC is waaaaay better, Krynn is more interesting back then. No afflicted kenders and crap. Don't have to worry about those lameass Dragon Overlords...

Flandrake
07/01/2002 9:04 AM

OCC: I really don't care if it's Pre-SC or Post-SC because it doesn't really affect my character but for you guys we should have Pre-SC.

"Wait a second since when am I in command here?" Lash said as he backed away from the mages.
"I am a half-elven tiefling ranger, do you really think that it's a good idea to follow my lead?"

"I know just as much as you do about this whole thing, and you guys are mages, Time your the chosen one of a god, where do you guys think we should go?" Lash then noticed that some of the townsfolk were starting to come out of their hiding places and come near them.

"Forget it" Lash shouted interupting the groups thoughts, "We should get out of this place." Lash grabbed his pack slung it over his shoulders and started to go east........
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
07/01/2002 9:53 AM

"I agree." Allowing his wings to sprout from his back, Time launched himself into the air and followed Lash as he headed easy. "I may be the favoured of Gilean, and those two rather powerful mages, but the essence of a leader and hero resides within the heart of a person, despite their postiton in life." He said as he sailed through the air low and at Lash's side.

"Never deminish the attributes you are gifted with by the Gods, only they can explain why such is the way of the tapestry of fate. Well.....except from me." He smirked softly and turned his head to see if the mages followed. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Sarkophagus
07/01/2002 10:44 AM

Merle started after Lash, not knowing what lay was east. She was glad to leave this town. Still, it was not comforting knowing that Lash did not have a wonderful idea of what was happening. But no one seemed to know what was happening, indeed Rashitan seemed to know the most. And that was mostly from over heard conversations. Merle thought.

Alanded
07/01/2002 11:34 AM

*player "Alanded" online

***
Arianna marched purposefully across the inner court of Velor's Holdfast towards the square tower in the very centre of the keep. Daylight was fast approaching, the far eastern horizon catching fire with streaks of crimson and orange hues as the golden rays of the sun burned through night's dark cloak and sent it scurrying down dark cracks and crevices spiralling ever downward into the earth. Her dragon-helm was tucked beneath her arm, and a chill dawn breeze sprang up to tug gently at raven-black hair that fell to her shoulders. The two knights guarding the entrance saluted smartly as she passed and then resumed their watchful positions.

Once inside, she climbed quickly up the stone steps to Lord Nilkalin's study, and raised her hand to knock-

"Enter." The voice was harsh and the tone cold.

Startled and momentarily taken aback, she obeyed nonetheless. He was a Knight of the Skull after all. Who knew what powers her Dark Majesty had seen fit to grant her cleric?

The room beyond was small and sparsely furnished. There was a cot against one wall, and a bookshelf directly opposite it, crammed with scrolls and ledgers and books. The only window was barred, and a lantern hung from a hook on the ceiling, illuminating the oaken work desk beneath it and the man who sat behind the desk.

His head was bald, gleaming faintly in the lantern's light, and he was dressed in black robes, an amulet of Takhisis the five headed dragon hanging from a steel chain around his neck. He was writing something on a piece of parchment when she stepped in, and she waited in respectful silence for him to finish. Moments later he signed it with a flourish and sealed it, setting it to one side. Then he broke the silence.

"Report."

"Milord, I led my talon to Lakar, but it was already too late. The outpost was destroyed." She hesitated slightly before continuing. "We found some survivors from the garrison, and they said," her voice faltered for a moment, "they said that they were attacked by a half-elf and a gnomish invention, something called a blam-blower." She waited for the inevitable outburst.

It didn't happen.


"An entire fang of knights, routed by a half-elf and a gnome." The cleric's voice was soft and contemplative. "I imagine they must have been incredibly resourceful to pull of a feat like that. "

"I sent Lura Dro-gobul and his men after them. I thought it best to eliminate anyone who knew of our existence before they could alert the Solamnics."

"A wise move," Lord Nilkalin said approvingly. The orcs arrived an hour before you did with the head of the gnome. The ones sent after the half-elf have yet to report back, and, so Ashkhan Dro-gobul tells me, they are unlikely to."

"I'll gather my talon together to search for him, milord."

"That's not necesary. I have someone else in mind that would be better suited to the task and far less conspicous. Tell me, did anything else interesting happen to you on the way back?"

She suddenly remembered the stranger that she had caught spying on them. "Milord, I caught someone spying on us, and his speech and manner are exceedingly strange. Perhaps milord would wish to see-"

"I will interrogate the prisoner, knight."

Her breath caught in her throat. The voice was cold and sharp like the razor's edge of a dwarven blade, slicing deeply into her. It came from the shadows behind Lord Nilkalin, out of the circle of light cast by the lantern. A dimly seen silhouette that seemed as ephemeral as the morning mist.

She was confused. There was someone else in the room with them. "Milord, I was not aware that-"

"Do not worry yourself about Lord Valmir. He has been spoken for by the very highest authority," Lord Nilkalin said, his right hand reaching up to stroke the amulet of the five headed dragon. A faint smile played about his lips.

"The very highest authority indeed..."


OOC: Well SOMEBODY had to play the bad guy, right?


*player "Alanded" offline

Flandrake
07/01/2002 12:46 PM

OCC: Dang you guys are good Alanded you can be an adventure too. I thought we were all going to play the bad guys but whatever thats fine. You can play the dark cleric but we can play some of the warriors he sends at us. Now just let me look at a map to know what towns are east and....

A ways outside of town Lash stopped he waited for the mages.
"You sure do have a way with words Time."
When everyone was around and ready to talk Lash said, "Okay so what we know so far is that a Dark Cleric is trying to build an army. We know that they are recruting people everywhere and we know that an army of Delier's would not be easy to deafet. We need to decide our next move."
"Where do you guys think we should go, the only reason I went east was because it was the fastest way out of town."
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/01/2002 2:02 PM

"Hmmm... if it helps any, I sense a growing power more to the northeast than straight east. Neraka lies a little ways up on that path, perhaps that should be one of our stops? If this cleric is not there, then perhaps he's in a smaller village near there..."

Rashitan whistled, long and sharp. Ahead of them, on the path, materialized a snow white horse, trotting merrily towards them. Comeing up to Rashitan, the horse snorted and nuzzled her face. "Hi, Pearl! All rested and ready for travel?" The mare neighed. Chuckling, Rashitan hopped up easily onto the horse's back, situated herself, and wrapped the coarse mane around her hands. "Let's be off! We can stop in the towns along the way and see if we can gather information at the inns and taverns. How about it?""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

[Edited by Nerautis on Monday, July 1, 2002 2:04 PM]

Nerautis
07/01/2002 2:26 PM

OOC: Would you like Rashitan to be somewhat of a leader? If no one else will take the position?"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/01/2002 6:46 PM

OOC: AHA! The baddie finally appears! Sounds pretty cool too!

IC:

Eliar yawned. He had been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the entire journey. He was (1) too disturbed with the pure, powerful presence he had sensed .... in the Force (?). (2) worried about the effectiveness of the spell he'd cast on the inn and the well-being of the patrons of the inn. (3) though not physically weak or frail or anything, he's not the type who likes running, and running for a while left him exhausted to the point of contemplating suicide.

It was probably (3).

He stared wearily as the companions have their .... IMPORTANT discussion. Unlike the other alien, he had no idea where the hell he was... too busy going after the girls than to even spend a few minutes with Krynn's map.

Then, he grinned as he overheard what that alien woman said.

".... inns and taverns sound nice, man!" Eliar nodded. "Lotsa beautiful women... ahem, I mean, lots of beautiful women... um.. who can provide vital information that help us untangle ourselves from this dangerous web of intrigue and deceit. Yup! But, I don't have a horse though." He pouted.

And I can't just teleport here and there. It ain't fun.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Monday, July 1, 2002 6:59 PM]

Nerautis
07/02/2002 12:14 AM

"Inns and taverns can provide a wealth of information and gossip, plus food. But I suppose there'll be pretty woment ehre for you." Rashitan patted her horse, Pearl, lovingly, murmuring soothing words into her twitching ears. She straightened again. "I'm sorry you don't have a horse. Pearl was already resting in the last town I was at. I didn't want to waste time waiting and continued on. I could summon her when she was ready, just like now. And I don't think she likes you." While speaking the last the sentence, the horse glared at Eliar very human-like. She tossed her head once and snorted rudely, nostrils flared, indicating her dislike. "I'm sorry, I don't choose who she likes and dislikes.

"If we all agree on Neraka, let's be off, shall we?""Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Dark_Master
07/02/2002 1:02 AM

"Neraka....you may where the Robes of Dark magicks and feel at home in that most unholy of cities but for the re....." He stopped and and looked up, a silent voice passed his ears and he smiled. "It would seem i have no choice....to Neraka it is." Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

eswiftfire
07/02/2002 6:38 AM

"Right! Let's go! Umm... can anyone here lend me a bit of cash so I can get myself a steed?" Eliar said, looking at everyone pleadingly. "I'm sure there has to be some other town within walking distance, right?"



OOC: 'Neraka' means 'hell' in Malay. Yup, Tracy Hickman knows Malay. Or was it Indonesian? Hmmmm....

By the way, anyone here is using an Ansalon map? Know any towns around this area? Or we can come up with some new towns.... heh.

Dark_Master
07/02/2002 8:10 AM

OOC: If we are going in a north east direction we could make it that we were in Port Balifer and will stop at Khuri-khan before reaching Neraka. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/02/2002 10:04 AM

"Wait, we would have to travel through Qualinost and Pax Tharkas if we wanted to go the whole why by land. And I for one don't think we need to wast our time by going around the water. We can make our way east of here and go across by boat then continue northeast."

Lash starts to walk east toward Schall Sea.
"Well come on if you want to come with me."
Lash sensed something, something coming from the south, something very powerfull he knew that they were not ready to plunge straight foward into a battle, but still the power he sensed was somehow familar........
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not, there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
07/02/2002 11:10 AM

Merle slid up to-wards Eliar. Softly she said, "Others more than you do not have a horse. Indeed I nor Lash have as far as I know have one, and whether either of us can afford one also still remains to be known."
Joining the conversation, Merle supported going to Neraka. About a cleric of Takhisis, she did not know. She did not really care either. But Neraka ahould be insteresting to visit.
Merle also agreed with Lash on going be boat. She added, "By boat would also be faster." and followed him.

Dark_Master
07/02/2002 11:59 AM

"Very well a boat it is....i will fly on.....see what lies ahead and come back with any news of great importance." He headed onwards, soaring high and fast. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Nerautis
07/02/2002 2:17 PM

"I think that sounds good to me. Looks like we'll be going through Solace anyways. But my I make a suggestion? How about we sail to Caergoth, take the road through Thelgaard Keep and Solanthus, then through Lemish, and on down the road to Neraka. That route might provide plenty of resting points and possibilities for gathering rumors and gossip and the like. Lemish is slightly out of the way, however, and we could go straight from Solanthus through Throtl and to Neraka. I wasn't sure if Throtl was a friendly place right now, but I could be wrong. What do you guys think?" Rashitan, astride her horse, trotted alongside the other adventurers. She'd studied the main routes of all compass directions of Krynn, and remembered them all because of her excellent memory.

"I can pay the fare for my horse, so boat is no problem for me."

OOC: I do have the Atlas of the Dragonlance World, so that might be helpful!"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Flandrake
07/02/2002 3:34 PM

OCC: Geez I was just using the map in the first few pages of War of Twins and DoSF. I'm may not be Mr. Fancy with an Atlas but it still works.

Lash looks over at Rashitan, "Thats in Solamani I don't think that they would risk traveling through there to get members to join an army. They would head through the east. If we land as far north as possible I think we could make it to Neraka quicker. On the other hand we could go to Caergoth then get another ship and head east from there yes that sounds good. We should go north to make our trip quicker. Go on ahead without me I need to get Time and tell him of our plans."
Lash turns and starts to run with great speed after time.
____________________________________________________________

"Do, or do not there is no try" -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/02/2002 8:57 PM

OOC: lol I'm not trying to show off, just putting what I've got to use!

"I can propose one more route, but it's much more dangerous. We can sail to Schallsea and the on to Sanction. From Sanction, we can take the road directly to Neraka. But like I said, that's a dangerous and direct route, abandoning all stealth. However, the most information might be found there. I, for one, will take this route instead, and all that wish to may follow."

With that said, Rashitan spurred her horse down the beaten path, glad to finally be off. She figured that since this cleric was not looking for her, she'd be able to glean information without suspicion or unwanted eyes. Already she could smell adventure on the air!"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Alanded
07/02/2002 9:10 PM

*player "alanded" online.

***
Varys had watched the companions leave, but couldn't decide whether to follow them. The spy had recognized the orcs as Ashkhan Dro-gobul's men, and realized that the half-elf must be very important indeed for the orcs to risk attacking him outside an inn. He had watched impassively as they cornered him, and then just as impassively watched them die, as a man and a woman had joined in the fray, siding with the half-elf. He would have blown his cover if he had helped them. Besides, he could tell from the way they handled their weapons that the newcomers were highly trained veteran warriors, and he placed a high value on his life. But of all the other strangers that had gathered around the intriguing half-elf, it was the boy mage that truly terrified him.

He had thought him to be a bumbling fool, and when the boy had left the inn by himself the night before Varys had tried to "question" him about the half-elf. Even now, sitting in the common room of the Screaming Woman Inn, with rays of sunlight slanting through the windows, he could hardly suppress a shudder as he recalled the dread power that had filled the moonlit grove when the boy had spoken. No, not the boy, but something else...

Rumors claimed that Paladin himself had once walked the land in the guise of a mage, perhaps now that her Dark Majesty was once again mustering her forces-

But the power he had felt had not been the holy light of Paladin, serene and pure. Rather, it was alien, implacable. Echoing with great sorrow and loss, and burdened with the weight of countless millenia so that the rage that overlay it all smouldered as sullen embers. But it would take very little, he felt, to fan those embers into an all-consuming blaze. It was as if the boy was a living seal, keeping it all locked inside himself.

He made his decision then. He would send a message by raven to Neraka, telling them of what he had seen, and that would be all. His mission after all, was to observe the movements of the knights at the new Solamnic outpost just two miles outside the town. And he was due to make a delivery to them this afternoon, so he would have to hurry if he was going to gather all the supplies they had ordered. Draining his flagon of ale, he slid two coppers across the counter towards the barmaid, appreciatively eyeing the elf-maiden sitting at the table by the door on his way out. He hoped that her lover, whoever he was, would never return from his expedition to the ruins of Xak Tsaroth.

OOC: Lash, your party's short of a dwarf, a kender/thief, a barbarian and a Solamnic knight. Sure, not every party needs to have all of the above, but the current composition is pretty imbalanced don't ya think? Maybe you should start a recruitment drive. Also, there's going to be a very interesting opening for someone to play the elf-maiden's lover soon, any takers? (Must be very good at playing angsty, tortured soul types though) A gnomish inventor character would really be good...

P.s- I have a night time scene to write, so if you can, when you reach night fall, don't go to the next morning so soon yet. Also, Rashitan, if you want to develop your character and adventure alone for a while, I can throw you a few "reaction" quests here to see what your character is like.

*player "alanded" offline.

[Edited by Alanded on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 3:48 AM]

eswiftfire
07/03/2002 5:01 AM

Eliar stared blankly at Lash, who was RUNNING at GREAT SPEED before the FLYING Time. "Man, this is so uncool."

Then Eliar turned towards the gradually disappearing form of Rashitan, and tried to reach into her mind. He had to communicate with her telepathically.

Greetings fellow alien! I have a solution for this problem. Why not we split our group into two and go our separate ways first, I'm sure it would be much better if we gather different information from different places. Save a lot of time too!

---------------------------

Deep within Velor Holdfast, the usually cold, emotionless Lord Nilkalin, had a disturbed look on his face. His meditation had been interrupted by a voice.

"Did you just say something, my Queen? To separate my forces into two?" He asked softly.

Ooops! Wrong line!

And suddenly, it was quiet again.

---------------------------

"Crap, I wonder how many people heard my voice besides her?" Eliar muttered.

---------------------------

A couple of clerics who was on their way to Palanthas scratched their heads.

"Separate our party into two? Was that a holy message from Paladine Himself?" The leader of the group asked. "We must consult Lady Crysania."


---------------------------

OOC: I think separating our party might be cool. Let's see how our characters will develop. Anyway, whatever happened to the good clerics and Lord Nilkalin was meant to be funny. Don't take it seriously.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 5:08 AM]

Flandrake
07/03/2002 10:49 AM

OCC: I'm fine with splitting up and as for not having certain characters it's not my fault, I am a barbarian and a Gnome in to other Roleplaying adventures. It's not my fault that everyone is a black robbed mage or a super magic user. I'm the only person who uses a sword in the group, what is up with that?

Lash finally caught up with Time useing his "Ranger Skill"."Wait, we're going north not east. We are going to Caergoth then we go our seperate ways."

Lash stopped and started to return to the mages with Time.....



OCC: If we all went to Caergoth we then go our seperate ways because you could go east to sanction north to Solamnia then east to Neraka. What do you guys think? "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
07/03/2002 11:54 AM

OOC: Sure.....it sounds ok. When we reach Caergoth and we go our seperate ways. Do we go individually or in twos. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/03/2002 3:05 PM

OCC: Thats a good ? I guess we just go whatever way we want to but we should at least go with one other person so both of you could add to the plot and figure out how we all get to Neraka but I think that we should make some sort of meetting point so we can give all the info. we found out to the characters. That could be in Neraka but whatever. I will just go with the flow. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/03/2002 7:34 PM

OOC: The meeting place should be around Godshome, it's right there close to Neraka. And, my character would go to Cargoth first, if it wasn't a grand waste of precious time. You see, if she went by foot from there, she'd have to go all the way around the Khalkists and enter Neraka to the north. If she went directly to Sanction, she could enter through the harbor and then go up the road straight into Neraka. The rest of you can meet in Caergoth, but Rashitan is going her own way.

Rashitan heard the voice in her mind, and at first thought it the irritating buzzing of a fly. Quickly she recognized words spoken in common. Speaking with double voices, one of an authoritive female, and another the baritone of a male, she replied to Eliar using this true voice of hers.

(That is exactly what I had in mind, mage. I didn't say everyone had to follow me, and gathering information is precisely my first goal. Tell the others that I propose, yet again, that we rendezvous in Godshome. Also remember that all I do I do for myself, I could care less about the lot of you, a feeling that appears to be mutual. Lest the others can prove otherwise, they mean nothing. I came here only for adventure. And, for the possibility of friendship. And do not worry, only you can hear my words, for though I am an 'alien' and far from home, I still hold enough power yet. Follow me, if you will. Perhaps my horse can learn to like you.)

With that, Rashitan disappeared, to be stopped by nothing of insignificance."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/03/2002 9:38 PM

Give me a few moments to think, fellow alien. I'll be able to catch up with you in no time. You should know that I've never needed a steed at all.

Eliar sent the message to her. Then, he frowned. "Should I go with her? Or should I go with Lash? Eenie meenie manee mo!"

He was sure that going with Rashitan will be interesting, both of them being aliens and all. And like her, he was hungry for adventure too.

But following Lash would allow him to visit more towns and stuff, more babes to see. And since the Knights of Takhisis were after Lash's head, maybe there might even be more fights to take part in. Well, not really take part... but he can at least watch them fight.



OOC: Actually, I'm pretty confused at whom I have to go with. Argh! I'll probably go with Lash, so that our party would seem more... balanced? After all, I can teleport to Rashitan's side anytime I want. If it is really, absolutely necessary....

Oh, and I've edited my old post back in page 5 so that it won't contradict with Alanded's latest post. Instead of looking for me, Nilkalin is looking for Lash.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 9:49 PM]

Nerautis
07/03/2002 11:22 PM

OOC: I don't think it matters who you go with, but I don't know. Rashitan is quite capable by herself, but the trip would be fairly boring alone."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Dark_Master
07/04/2002 2:01 AM

Time saw little for the few miles ahead of them and so returned to Lash...."I see nothing of great concern on the road ahead....its all pretty clear. So...are we to be heading......" He stopped mid sentence.....apparently listening to a silent voice.....his eyes widend....."Well Lash...it would seem i am to leave you for now aswell.....at least you have the mage to keep you company.....Godshome....yes....meet there.....i must leave...something has been brought to my attention. Farewell for the present."

Dust kicked up as he leapt back into the air, minutes passed and he was out of their sight. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/04/2002 9:32 AM

OCC: Well I say me and Merle go together. If she ever posts again.

Lash bid farewell to Time and started to walk north to any dock city he could find. Merle traveled by Lash but they both kept quite.

Night was quickly falling, "We better set up camp Merle."
After they finished gathering fire wood Lash went hunting..... "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/04/2002 10:34 AM

OOC: Damn. I wanted to go with Rashitan. But since Alanded offered to give Rashitan some solo quests, I'll go with Lash and Merle. I already have some ideas in mind which would make our quest more than your typical 'walk around and hack everything we see' quest. Wait til' we get to a town. Heh.

Oh, and exactly where we are setting camp? Mountainside? Mountain top? Hilltop? Forest?

And Lash, Merle had not posted for one day only, you don't really have to describe her actions. She'll be back soon... i hope.
--------------------------

Watching Time leave, the young mage frowned and muttered. "Damn, is the heavenly lackey going back to heaven?"

Then, shaking his head, Eliar went after Lash and Merle.

And without him noticing, night has descended upon Ansalon again. Of course he couldn't NOTICE! He had spent half the day keeping up with Merle and Lash. Both of them had elven blood flowing in their veins, making them a lot faster and agile compared to any normal human.

Worst of all, Lash was a ranger. He moved through the wilderness with ease, with grace. If Eliar didn't haveto take out Assistance In Emergency a couple of times to pound at ants, scorpions, mosquitos and anything that bugged him, he would be AWED by the great endurance possessed by Lash.

Oh, but the entire ... journey had been so agonizing that he went into a state of mindless stupor... Now finally, they had found a place to camp. Eliar almost wept tears of happiness.

"Okay! We set up camp here." He nodded to the ranger.


---------------------------------------

OOC again: Well... SOMEONE has to describe the journey, right?

Nerautis
07/04/2002 4:33 PM


I wanted to go with Rashitan. But since Alanded offered to give Rashitan some solo quests, I'll go with Lash and Merle.


Where did he say that? I didn't see it, and solo quests don't thrill me."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Alanded
07/04/2002 4:50 PM

*player "alanded" online.

OOC: VERY bad Net connection right now,I'll edit and post the scene when I get back from college. It'll only be relevant later anyway, (it's an intro for a baddie) so you can go on with the story, just remember to read this post again tomorow afternoon.

(SPACE FILLER)


Much later: Sorry for the delay, couldn't log on, had to type this at Eliar/Ghaelorn's Place.

***
BIC: It was quiet in the common room of the Screaming Woman. The travellers from the day before had all left, leaving the inn with only one customer, who sat all by herself near the fire.

Its flickering light danced in her silver-blonde hair, illuminating her pale silken smooth skin with a ghostly sheen. A slender hand gracefully turned the pages of the leatherbound book before her, her almond shaped eyes scanning the pages with keen intelligence.

The innkeeper found himself casting glances at her as he stood behind the bar, polishing the wooden mugs. Not out of admiration and lust as the younger men of the town did, but out of curiousity. She had appeared out of the blue one day, on dragonback, behind a tall long haired youth from the plains. They had landed on the hill behind the inn, and they had walked the rest of the way down, their mount looking down imperiously from the hilltop, silver scales gleaming beneath the sun. The folk in town on the other side of the hill had peered fearfully from the windows of their homes at the strange goings on. That it was a silver dragon made no difference to them, they feared them all equally after the atrocities that had been done in the Second War of the Lance.

The elf maiden had taken a room for a whole month in advance, paying half up front, in gold. Then she and her companion had talked for a while, beneath the shade of the apple tree outside the inn door, heads bent together. Lovers, the innkeeper guessed. They had embraced, and then the man had walked away, mounting the dragon again. Leaping into the air, its wings outstretched to catch the wind, the dragon had banked to circle the inn twice, its mighty wings creating gusts of wind that whipped the nearby tree branches into a frenzy, and then headed towards Solace and the Ruins of Xak Tsaroth, leaving the elf-maiden staring upwards at the sky in a flurry of falling golden-russet leaves until the tiny dark speck vanished into the distance...

That had been two weeks ago, and the elf maiden had kept mostly to herself. The only ones to talk to her had been Varys the trader, who had a way with people; and the idiot boy "mage" who had left this afternoon, who didn't.

Turning his mind back to more pressing matters, he tried to figure out what he would need to order from Varys when he stopped by on the way home later tonight. They were out of potatoes, and their supply of dwarf spirits was fast running out...

***

The stranger paused before the inn door as eldritch runes flared to life on its surface-

-and then were snuffed out as the power of Takhisis smothered the protective spell, tearing apart the delicate weave of its magic. A faint smile crossed the stranger's face as he gave a silent thanks to the Queen of Darkness, and then he opened the door and entered.

***

The elf maiden looked up from her book as the inn door opened and someone stepped in from the darkness outside. A tiny gust of chill night wind slipped in before the door closed, ruffling the pages and prickling her skin. The newcomer shrugged back the hood of his dark cloak, to reveal the almond shaped eyes and pointed ears of an elf. A silvanesti elf, like her.

He was bone thin, with a scholar's face. Wire-framed glasses perched on an aquiline nose, lavender-grey eyes peering out at the world from behind them with a lively curiosity. His long dark hair had been pulled back into a ponytail and tied with a blue ribbon, though a few strands had slipped free to fall across his face.

Unfastening the clasp of his cloak, he hung it on a peg by the door. Underneath he wore garments cut in the latest fashion- full sleeved shirt and tight trousers, and knee length boots of polished leather, all in black, contrasting sharply with the paleness of his face. He caught sight of her looking at him, and the corners of his mouth turned up in a slight smile. Crossing the distance between them, he sketched a bow.

"Fair lady," he said, in the tongue of the Silvanesti, "I crave your pardon for my brazenness, but I did not expect to find another of my kind here, and certainly not one of such startling loveliness. Your beauty draws me to you as a bee to honey. Indeed it rivals the fairest flower in all the deep forest. Please, may I sit?'

She smiled in surprised amusement, answering in elvish as well. "By all means, stranger, be seated."

He settled himself in the chair opposite her, leaning back in comfort by the warmth of the fire. "My thanks, it has been a long journey, and the night is bitterly cold." He turned his head, calling out to the innkeeper in Common. "Innkeeper, a bottle of your finest wine for the lady and I."

He waved her protests away. "It is only fitting tribute for the pleasure of your company."

"I thank you for the gesture, kind sir, but I should tell you that I have given my troth to another."

"Ah, and where is the blessed elf who has the fortune to have captured your heart?" He glanced curiously around the room.

She grew still at that. "He is no elf, but a plainsman, and he has gone to the ruins of Xak Tsaroth."

At the mention of the ruins, the stranger seemed to sit up straighter. "What would he want with the ruins of Xak Tsaroth?"

"There have been rumours of strange lights and sounds in the ruins. Some say there are survivors of the draconian army that had been stationed there, and if so, they pose a threat to Solace and the other nearby settlements." The innkeeper came by then, setting two slender glasses on their table along with a bottle of opened wine, all the while trying not to look as if he was eavesdropping, which he was. With a wave of her hand, the elf-maid dismisses him.

"I... see." The stranger was silent for a moment, then he gave a rueful grin. "I fear my manners are remiss, for I have shared your table without even giving my name. I am called Alvrys Dro'Sakhar." He reached out a slender hand and pours for the both of them, the crimson liquid filling both bulbs to the brim.

"And I am Aledrusilien Lethonashein."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady."

"And yours is an odd one for an elf."

"Nevertheless, it is the one I was given. Is it always so quiet around here?"

He had changed the subject, but she didn't mind. He was much pleasanter company than that of the day before, which brought to mind what had happened earlier...

"Actually, there was quite a bit of excitement just this morning. A crazed human attacked some travellers that had spent the night here. Paladine knows why, it was a horribly unfair fight to begin with. Three against one, and they took ridiculously long to finish him off. And they had three mages with them too."

"Indeed. They certainly sound like a dangerous bunch. Perhaps you should describe them to me, so I'll know who to watch out for while on my journey."

"Oh. There was a dark robed mage, a half-elf, another dark robed mage, a funny looking elf with humps on his shoulders, and a very rude boy who dressed up as a mage. There were two others and a kender I think, but they went in another direction."

She sensed a sharpening of interest when she had said "half-elf", and he was oddly silent when she finished, as if he was conversing with someone else inside his head.

"...probably unimportant... and no one would believe a kender..."

"I beg your pardon?" She looks at him wonderingly, her right hand absently reaching for her glass, raising it to her lips.

His right hand comes up in a single fluid movement, and firelight dances on steel. Instinctively she lifts up her left hand, and feels a sharp stinging pain that quickly fades to a dull numbness. She looks in horrid fascination at the fingers on the table, like slender curled up worms, and at the red, red wine that gushes out from torn flesh, staining the pages of her book.

But it is not wine.

She staggers upright, reeling backwards in shock. The world tilts crazily around her, and she catches sight of the ahsen faced of the innkeeper, his mouth hanging open, eyes bulging in terror.

The wineglass slips from nerveless fingers, falling... crashing onto the floor. The sound of shattering glass echoes in the silence, ruby red liquid bleeding into polished oak boards.

There are heavy footsteps descending the stairs, the innkeeper's wife coming to investigate the noise, and lighter echoes, the tread of young children readying for bed...

She feels sorrow for them, so young and innocent...

The blade bites deep into her once more, red-coated grey coils spill out... It takes an eternity for her to fall, the ground drifting slowly up to meet her as if from a million, million miles away. A dark shadow of death slips past her in the blink of an eye, madness in its eyes, and a dripping blade in its hand.

She thinks of her parents... she thinks of her friends... she thinks of all that she has done, and all that she will never do.

She thinks of her beloved, in the ruins of Xak Tsaroth.

And then she thinks no more...


***
Darcie hurried up the path towards the Screaming Woman, breathless. You stupid, stupid girl, here you are keeping him waiting.

It was all her fault. Tiko the innkeeper had let her off early since there was only one customer at the inn. "Take some time off for yourself girl, Gertha and I can handle things here. Why don't you go see that young man of yourn' he seems like a right bonnie lad, and I reckin old man Thorne will probably settle some land on his eldest bairn soon."

That had been exactly what she had thought of doing, and now Tristran was waiting for her at the town fountain, and she had forgotten his gift.

She must have left it in the pantry when she was cleaning up there earlier, the leather belt with the metal studs and the dwarven-worked buckle. She had so looked forward to seeing his face when she gave it to him, and now she was keeping him waiting!

She closed the last few paces in a rush, past the old apple tree, and flinging open the inn door...



OOC: Its all yours now, Eliar... and Lash, I'm cooo~ming for you... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHHAHA

*Player "Alanded" offline



[Edited by Alanded on Monday, July 8, 2002 8:26 AM]

eswiftfire
07/04/2002 8:02 PM


Where did he say that? I didn't see it, and solo quests don't thrill me.


ooc: The post about that spy who was terrified of Eliar.

Nerautis
07/04/2002 9:12 PM

OOC: Ooooh, I see."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Nerautis
07/04/2002 11:22 PM

"Shhhhhh!!" Sarkis the sivak draconian hissed to his baaz companions. "Idiots! Shut up. You want that woman wizard to hear us? Nilkalin ordered us to shadow this wizard because he foresees trouble, the possibility that she may disrupt his plans. Now snap your yammering trap shut and wait for my signal." When Sarkis turned his silvery snout back towards the road, the white horse bearing it's black rider cantered past. The wizard seemed totally unaware that she was being watched by unfriendly, softly glowing eyes, or if she did, she didn't show it. Silently, Sarkis gestured to his dull comrades, motioning for them to follow him through the underbrush parallel the the white horse.

"What will we do once we reach the port?" A baaz asked a little too loudly. He was rewarded with a sound slap on his long nose. The horse slowed, sniffed the air, then resumed its easy pace. Sarkis sighed inwardly with relief.

"There will be disguises provided for us. We can follow her onto the boat. Once we reach Sanction, we can lure her into an isolated area and be done with it. How many times do I have to tell you, rat-brain?"

For the rest of the way to the seaport, the draconians were silent, shadowing the wizard undetected.

OOC: I guess I'll add Sarkis now. I'll be using him in other RPGs. You asked for a draconian, so here's one."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/05/2002 7:47 AM

OOC: Where the heck is Merle? Crap. Now we are left with four players. Three good guys only, in fact. Think we should recruit new players?


Sitting in front of the bonfire, Eliar was getting increasingly pissed off at
the fact that the heavenly lackey had disappeared so abruptly. He had a feeling that he and Time would get along pretty well...

Ah... with someone who can manipulate time, we would be able to sneak in to the girls' public bath or something without getting caught. An evil lecherous grin appeared on Eliar's face as he began to think lecherous, perverse thoughts.

Couldn't blame him, he was still waiting patiently for Lash to come back with food. Then, he turned to Merle, expecting her to start a conversation or something.

Flandrake
07/05/2002 9:50 AM

OCC: Well I think we could recruite new players I could make a new OCC post and ask for more people. Because Dark_Master is still around he just isn't posting on this topic. And where is Merle, if she dosn't come back soon we are going to have to kill her off or just make her go away. I'm not going to come back in until Merle comes back, but I was planning on us getting attacked. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Dark_Master
07/05/2002 10:12 AM

OOC: Em....i'm still posting in this thread by the way.....

IC: Time flew high amoungst the clouds, resting eventually on a cliff face. Making sure he was alone, he opened his mind to the God. I am here Gilean....what is it you wish to speak of and why so far from my travelling companions....is it not them whom you wish me to aid?" His brow creased.

Worry not Time...they are the mortals i wish you to help....but i have called you here to give some....unfortunate news......your brother is alive Time...Space lives.

Time was over come with a hundred different emotions at once, Tell me ....why is such news....which brings my heart overwhelming happiness.....unfortunate.

Because Time, he is in the service of my kindred god.....Takhisis.....his death never truely occured....such was an illusion created by her dark majesty....she wanted Space.....such power is beneficial to her cause....she has tormented his mind these past years.....broken him and built him up in her own image. His where abouts is a mistery still to me....she keeps my chosen from me even now. I had to tell you this from the company of those other mortals for this is disturbing news.....it was best to be told in solitude...give you a short time to recover from the news....but i must go...she knows not that i know yet and i would wish to keep it as such. Farewell for now Time....

The fading voice of Gilean filled his head....in her service....such could not be possible....he would have known....seen through the illusion....but he obviously hadn't in the truma of the event at the time. Tears ran down his cheeks. His head in his hands....he wept silently.

OOC: I;m not bringing this into the thread so don't worry, i just wanted to add it in....i'll most likely use it for another thread. Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

eswiftfire
07/05/2002 10:28 AM

OOC: Time is still here. Phew. I thought you were getting increasingly bored with the thread so that you decided to leave for a while until things become interesting again.

And Lash! Don't make more bad guys come out yet! Jeez! I hate it when campaigns that are about to become intriguing suddenly degenerated into some mindless, pointless 'heroes walk around killing bad guys' storyline. There are many ways to develop your characters, throwing endless bad guys at them is not the way to do it.

Has it ever occur to you how important CONVERSATION between characters is? These people telling more about themselves and stuff? That's HOW you develop your character. We see how you react at situations, how you FEEL. If you can do that properly, then you MIGHT be able to create a 3-dimensional character. Even if you come out with a COOL-sounding class for Lash, you still have to develop Lash so that the rest will know what sort of person Lash really is.

I'm giving Merle two more days. If she doesn't appear again. I'll think of a solution.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, July 5, 2002 10:32 AM]

Flandrake
07/05/2002 10:33 AM

OCC: Ya I know that we need to talk but last time we did that your character walked away, and I agree we should give Merle two more days then I will make anew topic asking for new characters. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/05/2002 10:44 AM

OOC: Eliar just doesn't LIKE listening to sad grim tales of destiny and fate about people looking for their long lost son, green peace activists using gnomish machines to destroy knights etc. This sort of stuff really do bore him, or me. Unless they are REALLY interesting. All they are the type of topic Eliar wants to hear.

Try harder, imagine that you are really Lash. Close your eyes and do that. And you are setting up camp with a weirdo yet mysterious mage, and another half-elven sorceress with a seemingly dark past. What will you do? What do you want to know? What would you say? It is time for you to add more depth to Lash.

Dark_Master
07/05/2002 11:12 AM

OOC: Sound advice....Flandrake you on MSN? Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/05/2002 12:17 PM

OCC: Thats a good idea, and no Dark I'm not on MSN.



IC: The night was still young and Lash had is elven longbow, one of the few gifts from his family in his right hand. Lash was sitting in a tree, that had leaves turning red and yellow. He was above a smal brook and was waiting for an animal. As he was waiting he thought of Time, where did he go, what was he doing and why? Lash ran his free hand threw his short red hair. He kept it short because it sayed out of his way, he then heard the crunch of a fallen dried leaf. He went for an arrow in his quiver that was replacing his sword that he had left at the camp.

The camp was very quite Eliar and Merle seemed to not be talking about much just some unimportant magic. The fire was a good size one not to big but not to small. They had cleared most of the debrey of the forest away so the ground was only filled with grass dirt and the ocasional tree, bush, or rock. The bedroll's where rolled out around the fire and then there was an outer circle made of fallen trees and rocks so they could sit on something besides the moiste ground.

Lash cocked the arrow in his bow and waited for the animal to appear. He had noticed fresh tracks coming this way so he thought he could cut the animal off here. Then Lash saw it a brown deer old enough to be a mother. She had white spote near here back legs and and black hair near her ears. Lash raised his bow and took aim, then he saw a younger deer that looked much like the older female, he wobled toward the brook and took a drink, Lash lowered his bow and made a slight smile.

He put the arrow back in the quiver, raised his left had chanted a few words and jumped down from the tree, the animals looked up at him but were not sacred for he had calmed them with a spell. He then turned and started to look for some fresh tracks.

OCC: Is that good eswiftfire? "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/05/2002 12:37 PM

On her way to some unknown seaport, Rashitan had no idea she was being followed, too deep into thoguht was she. Her thoughts wondered back to the strange group she had recently departed.

(I don't understand... most of those people seemed quite sad. Well, except for the kid mage.) At this she smiled. (I really thought he'd like to come with me. I wouldn't have minded the company... I was so lonely at home. I thought on an adventure you were supposed to make friends.) She frowned now, not bothering to keep the sadness off her face. After all, who was here to see her expression? (I could just leave now, look for another adventure... It's not me this cleric is after, anyhow.) But no, she wouldn't do such a thing. Abandoning was not something she entertained or relished.

Rashitan cocked an ear towards the underbrush on the side of the path. She thought she heard something, something a little like gravel scraping together and a rustle of leaves. (Just an animal, Rashitan, no need to get so jumpy. You've been alone enough to not be so tense.) Then why am I tense now?

Within a few hours, she arrived at the port where she could pay her way to Sanction."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

[Edited by Nerautis on Friday, July 5, 2002 12:43 PM]

Sarkophagus
07/05/2002 6:17 PM

ooc:Hasty, hasty. :). Sorry, I have been SICK for a couple days, not to mention that being draged to work, to a pinic, to a parade, to baby sitting, and falling asleep in my clothes, etc. helped me feel better. 4th July is celbrated here and to miss it would have made people thinksomething was wrong. Plus the fireworks are wonderful, I need to learn how to make them. (here we buy them and set them off in our driveway, very nice, but scary if they fly.) *moans*

IC:
Merle sat slightly huddled near the fire after Lash. Its warmth was well welcomed and and many moments passed as she stared into its flame, entranced by the mnay flickering patterns, weaving within its liquid soul. Breaking from her stare, she realised the idiot mage sat near the fire too, rather uncomfortable from the silence. Smiling to herself, she pondered a moment about him. He seemed idiot, but he would not still be alive if he truly was. Merle wondered what he was hiding with his guise. Was it much or little. Or was he merely hard to kill like the pest kender. Supposing to find out, she looked outward from herself and said, "I'm called Merle. You?" The form of common she used was actually a slight variation on the proper version. She learned to speak on the streets and thus could speak like if she chose. Her accent tho, was very dimnished.

Sarkophagus
07/05/2002 6:33 PM

ooc:
Elier, I hate to admit, but your charcter IS really funny. (a compliment). But imagine if Lady Chrysania agreed that your voice was a sign from Paladine and that they advised the palanthas militia be split in too portions to guard whatever and whatever. Then, our so evil cleric hears your voice and he consults his military leader and decided it is Takhisis giving divine advice to draw off the (now two) portions of the planthas militia with half the army and then suprise atttack with the rest. The attack succeds (instead of failing as it would have with out the 'divine' adivice) and planthas falls.
See why we need to be careful. (and I thank you for telling us [at least me] that it is for comic relief and that is all.)

Everyone, I might beable to play a solamnic knight. The thing is, is I have never played anything even vaugly lawful (Anarchy Reign!!) and thus never a paladin and if I do he will not associate with Merle (her being evil). You would have to drag him screaming and that would be very undignified. Of course this second problem can be solved becuase one of our dear players is feeling lonly (Rashitan) and if you extract a promise ("I give my word to ect...) he will have a hard desicion. (My honour is my life, I can not break my word [particually to a lady]. BUT, I will NOT associate with evil, Evil is what I fight against and I will not ally with it)

So what do you think.... *smiles dizzly*

Flandrake
07/05/2002 7:50 PM

OCC: Your back, finally. It's good to see you again, I was starting to get worried that we would need to get some new people. I could play the Solmanic Knight I have played a paladin before and I find some of the knights very interesting. I know I could take Gerad Gather-Han, he traveled with my Gnome character before he joined the knighthood.
I know Gerad could save her in Sanction, how does that sound Nerautis?

IC: Lash found some fresh tracks that he follwed through the woods. He found a wild turkey, it was pretty big so Lash did not need to worry about hunting any more. He shot his arrow at the neck and it killed the turkey on impact. He grabbed a strong brach that had fallen to the ground and took a leather thong and tied the feet of the bird to the branch. Lash slung it over his shoulder and started going back to the camp.

Lash came into view just as Eliar finished telling a joke. Lash slings down the turkey, "I'll start cooking." Lash started pluking feathers, "Oh, if your hungry eat some fruit I got." Lash tosses Eliar a small bag filled with some fruit and beeries Lash gathered. Lash seemed to speak in a very emotionless tone. He usually was bad when he spoke like this or deep in thought. 'I guess I am the one doing all the grudge work' thought Lash,'But I do this all the time when I'm out on my own.'

Lash seemed detached from the group while he was pluking the turkey. He began to think of the pass whitch he always tried to forget.


'I was around 12 when my human fetures started to really show. "Mommy why are we going this far away from the village, are we going on a trip?"

"Yes you could say that." My mother made the mistake of falling in love with a human. She was atcated to him by his live life by the moment personality, most humans acted this way but he was brave strong and good looking, or so my mother said. They first met when my mother was travelling with others on a small journey. My mother always liked to travle she seemed different from other elves, but she always wanted a normal elven life with a normal child. I am far from normal.

She met him in Solace, the elves had stopped there because Qualinost was to far away. They stayed at the inn of last home where my mother fell in love with my father. She stayed behind, insted of going back with the others, she traveled through Ansalon with her new found love. It did no take long for he to go back to Qualinost. She traveled back to Qualinost a lot. The elves would not except her because of her human lover. She moved to Solace with my father'.... Lash found he had no more feathers he then took out a dagger and continued preparing the turkey.....

OCC: Sorry it was so long but I wanted to tell a little about Lash's past and I'm not done yet. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/05/2002 10:36 PM

"The name's Swiftfire. Eliar Swiftfire." The mage grinned, he liked the change. The silence that hung heavily over both of them just now was becoming agonizing. "And yeah, I'm a mage like you too. So, are you a half-elf like the ranger? Do you have a sad traumatic past which haunts you every night? Most elvish people or practitioners of dark magic I've met have problems like these. Heh. How about a wager? I bet even Lash himself has a sad past. Hey, why are you so pale? Been spending too much time indoors studying magic? That's not healthy, man! You must eat your vitamins! You must EXERCISE! Look at my muscles!" He displayed his not-so-muscular forearm.

He kept on babbling until Lash came back with a wild turkey. Depression was etched clearly on the ranger's face, as if he had something in his mind.

Eliar stared disgustedly at the bag of berries Lash tossed at him for a while, before turning back to Merle. "Will you excuse me for a moment?"

Without waiting for a reply, he stood up and walked into the woods. Once again, he attempted to reach Rashitan's mind.

Fellow alien.... your name's Rashitan, right? Where are you now? Although I'm staying with Lash's group, I can teleport by your side in mere seconds. Just call me when you need me. That's all I wanna say. Tata!

After that, he returned to the fire. "Sorry. Nature calls." He tried to make himself look sheepish when he said those words.

---------------------------------------------

OOC: Yeah, your past two posts are a huge improvement, Lash. Keep that up! Your character is becoming better. But you still must be careful NOT to describe the actions of other characters unless the players themselves have said so. Eliar didn't crack a joke, he and Merle weren't talking about unimportant magic either.

Merle, great to have you back. I'm sure both Nilkalin and Crysania won't take Eliar's voice seriously. But I have no problem with Palanthas getting destroyed or something. After all, this is our campaign, we can do anything we want to. Let's see whether Alanded's baddies wanna turn this into something of an epic scale. Your knight sounds interesting too. But I want to see what happens to Rashitan first.

Rashitan, I just made my offer. You can call when you need Eliar. Of course, he can only stay with you for a while before returning to Lash and Merle. Just don't call him during mid-battle. Ah... the joys of being the comic relief.

eswiftfire
07/05/2002 10:36 PM

OOC: accidentally submitted my post twice.

[Edited by eswiftfire on Friday, July 5, 2002 10:38 PM]

Nerautis
07/05/2002 11:56 PM

OOC: I was adding depth to my chaarcter as where, this is really how she starts out. And it'd be cool if Gerad met Rashitan in Sanction. She can get into a nasty scuffle, and then the knight can appear!

As for Eliar, Rashitan will probably call when she has information to relay, or just needs to say thing.

IC: Speaking again with the double voice, Rashitan mind-spoke to Eliar, (I am here, mage. Thank you for the offer, you can count my my summons in the near future. Good luck on your leg of the journey.)

The sun peaking through the clouds, Rashitan trotted into the port town, horse's hooves clopping on the dirty cobblestones. Head straight for the dingy docks, she bade the horse to wait for her at the top of the ramp. Bypassers stared with something a little bit more than casual interest. Finding the captain of a ship, she pulled him aside.

"I need passage to Sanction." The captain opened his mouth to protest, but Rashitan halted him with a hand. She drew out a velvet bag, let the contents clink together loudly, and continued, "How much will it be?"

"Uh, well, uuuhh..." He named his price, a high one, but Rashitan paid it without a second glance. Offhandedly, she said, "I have a horse, too, but she doesn't require much." The captain bugged out his eyes, but kept his peace. Rashitan stalked off to retrieve her mount.

As she boarded the ship, a small, unkempt vessel, she noted out of the corner of her vision three heavily robed figures talking to the captain of the ship she was on. (Ah, more company!) Rashitan thought."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Flandrake
07/06/2002 9:36 AM

OCC: Sorry about trying to control other characters but it was just little something and you are someone who would crack a joke so whatever I won't do it again. Anyways Gerad is a human male is 6' tall has a good build, has dirty blonde hair with the mustaches the knights are famous for. He has a looser personality than most knights because he hung around with a gnome before he joined the knights. He is a great fighter and other than that he is mostly devoted to the code and his honor etc. hope he'll work out.

Lash finshed cooking the turkey, the group ate the meal but Lash didn't talk much.

"I'll take the first watch." Lash lay down and began to watch the stars.
'I bet Rashitan is already at the dock town, she must have moved a lot faster us because of that hoarse she was riding.' thought Lash.

'We were a happy family for the first five years, my mother always seemed to be sad about something I didn't have any idea what about until a few years later. My father died when I was four, he died in a battle and was betrayed by his most trusted friend. When that friend came back he tried to take me and my mother, but we escaped to Qualinost, they allowed my mother and I to live there but it was just as bad as when father died. They shunned us.

I had few friends, and even then I would call them friends. I grew more intune with nature, since I had no one else I fould the wood lands conferting. It is a weakness, longing for someone else, wishing for more. I stepped over that weakness when I was very young.

"Now stay here Lashquierloush."
"Okay Mom" I had grown out of the term momy.
And so I waited and waited three days past before I realized my mother wasn't coming back, I survived by eating dried fruit and drinking water from my waterskin.

I went back to Qualinost and I found my mother was with an elf. He married her a little while later, everyone thought I was dead even though they could not find me. I began to live by stealing what I needed and living out in the woods. But I kept whatch over my mother. Her new found love was very well know through the kingdom, all she had to do was get rid of everything from her past life including me and she would be accepted.

She never conquered the weakness like I did. After they had there first child I was ten, I then left, I didn't care about anyone anymore. I never thought my mother could just forget me like that. I spent about a year aimlessly wandering around. I went back to Solace and found that my old friends thought that I had left because i thought I was better than them. So I left Solace.

And continued to travel, I ended up soing away on a ship that stopped on Sothern Ergoth. It was bound for Whiterock but I didn't care. I got off on Southern Ergoth and there I found a ranger, he knew my father. He was a half-elf too but he wasn't human he was a half-fiend, his father was a wilder elf, but he never told me everything about his past. He became my mentor, he taught more about the wood lands, that is were I grew up until I was about 25.'

Lash finished his watch and then the other two finished up the night. In the morning the packed up quickly and ate some berries and fruit.

"We should reach the dock town before nightfall."

"Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/06/2002 9:41 AM

OOC: How can a Knight of Solamnia survive in SANCTION?

[Edited by eswiftfire on Saturday, July 6, 2002 9:57 AM]

eswiftfire
07/06/2002 9:42 AM

OOC: Yeah. Go check out Alanded's last post. He has edited it. Someone appears to meet the elf babe in the Screaming Woman inn! The thing's incomplete though. And he's suffering a creative burnout.

IC:

"He really shouldn't pluck off the feathers like that. It gets awfully messy! Most people boil the turkey first!" Eliar commented while stuffing a handful of berries into his mouth. "Ya know? He gotta mmmm.... hmph..... hmmm... mmmhhhhh! And he has to rmmmmmmhmm hmmhmmhm!!! Get what I mean, Merle?

He spat out a couple of seeds. "Heh! I know a gnome who invented a machine which helps do this sort of thing. But instead of just plucking off the feathers, it removed the meat too. And that gnome was left with only the bones and entrails. Pretty gross, huh?"

But suddenly, he felt a sharp jolt of pain that lanced through him and he doubled over in agony.

The pain subsided seconds later, Eliar immediately straightened himself up and excused himself again. "Sorry, Nature calls. Gotta be the berries! Tata!" He forced himself to smile reassuringly before running off into the woods.

My spell has been broken... who could have done that?

He delved deeper into the Ether remaining within him.

So little Ether... if I don't do something about this problem soon... I'll never be able to cast any more spells...

A faint distortion rippled through the area around him, and he was gone.

Flandrake
07/06/2002 10:06 AM

Lash figured the mage had some problems and after Merle and him ate he went searching for him but he could not find him.

In the morning when Merle and Lash started to travel, "He must have teleported ahead of us, we'll catch up I'm sure." "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
07/06/2002 12:11 PM

ooc: Blood, I wrote this nice long post and I lose it ALL! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I do not have time for another post either.

ic:
Since Lash requested first watch, Merle took second. She enjoyed last watch anyways. Close to the small fire, Merle fell asleep, huddled about in her loose robes. And asleep, she dreamt. It started her on a ship, the frozen wind behind her. She was desperate to reach her destination, more prayers that memories not remain memories drove her on thru the ice. The dream ended, the exact same way her first dream had.
Merle awoke, half way thru the night to relieve Lash of his duty. Once he was asleep, she cast her small light spell and open her heavy black bound book, and began to study.
When finished with that, she exstinguished the light and staring at the glowing fire embars, untill dawns light awoke Lash adn they started to travel on.

ooc: Sorry that it is short and undetilaed.
As a note: Merle dreams every night. They start differnet, but almost always end the same.

Dark_Master
07/06/2002 12:43 PM

Time spent several hours attempting to sort out all he had heard....his brother was alive.....it should have been news that brought joy and happiness to him, but instead it created a dark void within his soul, a cold and barren spot from which stemmed the numbness he felt. He was passed shedding any tears, they would do no good, and where to no avail at easing his grief.

Rising into the air he headed back to his companions. Nothing could be done about his brother for now. Scouting the area he had last seen them, Time eventually spotted them and landed nearby, unsettling dust and leaves. His face was haggard, drawn and pale. "Greetings, what has transpired in my abscence, anything of great interest?" Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/06/2002 1:46 PM

OCC: And it's possible to have a Solmanic knight to survive there because he could just hide his identity. Well now that we are going to have a Solmanic Knight we need a Gnome or a Kender but I think Eliar can cover the comic relief. We don't really need any more people as long as no one leaves and Gerad works out.

IC: Lash was used to traveling alone, so he always was ahead of Merle but every now and then he would stop and wait for her. He didn't talk much either, they both seemed to have a past in which neither wanted to share.
Sometimes they spoke to each other mostly about the facts they already knew. Lash felt that the group was split up now but would soon meet in Gods Home. Lash planned on either landing in Bloden or Caergoth.
If they landed in Bloden it would be very unsafe but they could find more information. But if they went to Caergoth it would be safer. As Lash was thinking Time came and landed near by them.

"Merle, Time would you mind going through some enemey territory, we might get killed but we might get more information." "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

[Edited by Flandrake on Saturday, July 6, 2002 1:48 PM]

Nerautis
07/06/2002 2:42 PM

Rashitan leaned against the ship's wooden railing, gazing out across the sun-kissed ocean. Salty breezes whipped her dark blue hair, setting it aflame in the light.

Sarkis and his compatriots watched the mage woman. He kept reassuring himself that as soon as they landed in Sanction, the woman would be taken care of and they could return home. But he rememebred that before they were to assassinate her, they were to milk some information out of her. Sarkis had a plan.

The sivak ordered the two baaz with him to hide in their cabins. Sarkis sought out a lone, hapless traveler lying inside his cabin, asleep. As silent as a draconian can, Sarkis tip-toed inside and gently shut the door. A final scream never escaped the bloody corpse's throat. As was the way of a sivak, Sarkis shape-changed into the man he'd just slain. Praising his cleverness, Sarkis sauntered out of the room, onto the deck, and over to the woman mage. She turned to this newcomer in disgust, obviously smelling the hideous body odor of the human form.

"Who are you?" Rashitan asked. She made no attempt at hiding her dislike.

"I am uhhh.... Jako," Sarkis said, hesitating to make up a name. Rashitan eyed him suspiciously. Then, she sighed, deciding that at least this was someone to talk to. "Where are you headed?"

"To Sanction." She turned back her gaze to the glassy smooth water.

"Ah, that's where I am heading, too. What business do you have there, if you don't mind my asking? I have a shoe shop there that my nephew has been handling in my absense."

Rashitan thought a moment before answering, probably deciding on how much she could say. The fact that this 'Jako' was a spy never occured to her. "I go there to seek information, about some dark cleric that is after my friends. I wanted some adventure, so I offered to help them."

"Where will you be staying?"

The woman mage thought this an odd question, her expression telling everything. "Why would you want to know, why does it interest you? At an inn, of course."

Sarkis thought that he might have pushed his luck, and cut his losses by bidding Rashitan farewell to use the 'privy'."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/06/2002 7:47 PM

OOC: *cough* This post will be edited soon. Come back for more.

BTW: Lash, Solamnic Knights CAN'T survive in Sanction. I suggest you pay more attention in developing Lash, for the time being.



[Edited by eswiftfire on Saturday, July 6, 2002 8:28 PM]

Flandrake
07/06/2002 9:48 PM

OCC: Why can't they survive? He can hide his identity and like I said before he is differenet from other knights he knows how the real world works. But if you give me a good reason I mean a very good reason then I will change where he will come in or just not add him. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
07/06/2002 10:20 PM

To Time's question, Merle answered, "None, save Eliar dissappearing off in to no where. But of course, this can not be uncommon for him." The reply was accompained with a slight, humourless smile.
To Lash's request, Merle replied, "It may not be enemy territory, friends are found everywhere. And do we really want to live to forty?" It was obvious she was refering to human years. She passed forty long ago.

Nerautis
07/07/2002 12:20 AM

OOC: Does Alanded have anything planned for the immediate moment?"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/07/2002 8:27 AM

OOC: Lash. I take back what I said. Put another character if you want to. This is an RPG. Everyone has their creative freedom.

Rashitan. Alanded? Yeah. But he's busy completing the night scene at the inn. The one with the elf girl in it.

And whatever happened to Eliar is connected to that scene. Might be crucial to the main plot.

What about Time? Assume that he has flew off again?

[Edited by eswiftfire on Sunday, July 7, 2002 8:32 AM]

Flandrake
07/07/2002 9:16 AM

"Your right, it might not be enemy territory. Then to Blooden we go."

After about another two hours of hills and plains, the three finally made it to the dock town.
"Time you better get rid of your wings if your going to go by boat with us, or are you going to fly?"
While Time was thinking about what he should do, Lash and Merle went to get the tickets.

"When do we leave?" asked Lash.
"As soon as Lord Halmara gets on board."
"Who is Lord Halmara?"
"He has some land near Silvanost but the elves won't let him near them, elves the gods made a mistake when they created them." Lash's fist clenched, he then brought his hand up and punched the boat man in the face breaking his nose.
"You won't say a word, if you know what's good for you."
Lash then turned and walked back toward Time to see what his decision was and to see if he knew Lord Halmara. He didn't know who Lord Halmara was and he decided to fly to Blooden.
"Okay then we'll see you there." with that said Lash and Merle went to board the boat. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

[Edited by Flandrake on Sunday, July 7, 2002 9:19 AM]

Alanded
07/07/2002 6:23 PM

OOC: Ah lost mah' update... dang it!!! Rashitan, yer'll have to be on yer own a while while ah' retype the durn' thing. Summary of what was lost:

1. The elf-maiden gets killed
2. Players discover there is a dark elf assasin after Lash.

What would have happened next:

1. Eliar loses his magic.
2. Gets framed for murder (the elf-maiden's).

*Eliar/Ghaelorne is cool with this, I asked.*

Uhm. Well I guess, you guys just continue the thread as if it's already happened. I'll try to retype it ASAP.


But Lash, don't write the dark elven assasin please, he's I character I used in a previous forgotten realms campaign and I want to play him. Just assume he hasn't caught up with you yet.

And no, Eliar doesn't need rescuing, he's perfectly capable of talking his way out of a situation when he needs to (usually) without relying on his magic. Eliar, try not to screw up, ya hear?

And mah' mid-term exams are coming... ARGH!!!!

[Transmission Ends]

Flandrake
07/07/2002 10:01 PM

OCC: Sounds really cool This post will be about Gerad, I'm not going to post as Lash until Merle posts.

Gerad walked through the shadows, though he was wearing the armour that every soilder wore he still felt unsafe in Sanction. If anyone knew he was a Solmanic Knight they would try to kill him on the spot. He wore the armour of a sergant, low enough not to be asked certain things or to know certain things but high enough not to be given grudge work.

"Hey you."
Gerad looked over quickly and saluted, "Sir."
"I need you to take these three pieces of fresh meat and bring them to Sg. Kinter."
"Right away Sir." Gerad hated this he almost made it to his room but he always seemed to get a mission close to his room. Gerad saluted one last time and turned followed by the three fighters.

"Hurry up I want to get some sleep tonight."
"Yes sir." the fighters said unorderly.
They walked over bridges and by several other rag tag soilders. By now Gerad was known by most of the higher raking troops. He had found out a lot of information like where the weak points were and where the troops would be at a certain time. Gerad knew that hiding his true identity was not honorable but he had lived out in the real world long before he joined the knights. The four finally reached the barraks surroned by yelling soilders.

"Sg. Kinter here are some knew recrutes."
"Very good Gerad."
Gerad and Kinter saluted. Gerad turned and walked back to his room so he could get some sleep. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
07/07/2002 11:34 PM

Lahs's reply to enemy territory suggested he missed Merle's point, but it had not really been said to be gotten. Silent, Merle continued on.

At the dock, Merle let Lash talk. She was bad with other people. When the ticket seller ended up on the floor, she changed her mind. She was perhaps better at people than Lash. When the seller was clutching at his nose, moaning and streaming blood, Merle quickly bent down to help him. A slightly stain kerchief came out of a pocket and she tried soaking up some of the gushing blood. She tried to quiet him some, but seeig the pain in the his eyes drain away to only be replaced with rage, she whispered, "I am sorry" and left him lying there (she gave him her kercheif) and hurried off in the directions after the rapidly disappearing Lash.
Time's desicion to fly did not suprise Merle. She would fly too, particually at this given moment, if she had wings. As they boarded the ship, Merle soflty scolded Lash, "Heaven, Lash, if you break every fellow's nose who insults you, it is a wonder you are not flayed head to toe. And why do you care about what others think of the elves?! The elves would have nothing to do with you. Look at your heratige!
I have elven blood running in my veins too, but I care not if someone insults the elves. I would not care if they insulted the humans too. They insult a race, not me. The Seller was not even insulting you."
Merle's voice had risen very slightly at the last sentance. She wondered why she cared if Lash had even killed the man. She suposed it because she did _not_ want some LORD after them.

Alanded
07/08/2002 8:35 AM

OOC: My post is finally complete. That part of the story will be continued by Eliar. Lash, you'll have toread the post to know what's coming for you, Merle, if you're travelling with Lash you'll probably want to have alook too. It's the same one. Just longer. A lot longer.

Oh, and Lash, you might want to write how your Solamnic Knight actually found out about the Knights of Takhisis when the rest of the Solamnics were supposed to be unaware or disbelieving of their existence. Perhaps, Tanis or Caramon had played a part in this? This would mean that Steel has probably got his father's sword from the High Clerist Tower though. BTW Are we writing adhering to acknowledged Krynnish history, or is this a "what if" storyline where we can blow up Palanthas?

Flandrake
07/08/2002 11:44 AM

OCC: Well I guess I can add in a few things that never happened but i don't want a major thing happening like Istar rising out of the sea or something like that. I'll just say that Gerad was with some other knights near Sanction, they were abushed and all were killed except Gerad. So he decide to find out more about what was going on and then return to the knights. I'm not sure if I want him to be killed or not it would make my other character Colar very sad. So if he does make it back to the knights it will be to late and if he doesn't thats fine too.

Lash didn't care about what Merle said. He just let her talk and spew it all out.
"Why do you care what happens to me? I have a bad temper because of my ancestores and my past big deal. You could just walk away while people just beat me. It's not like I need you to look after me, I made it this far on my own and I don't need any help now!" Lash got carried away and yelled at Merle but before she could reply Lash turned and walked to the front of the boat.
"OKAY RAISE THE ANCHOR SET SAIL, NEXT STOP BLOODEN." the captain shouted.

Lord Halmara was rich, he had several guards with him and had the biggest room possible. Many of his men tried to talk him out of going with these commeners but Halmara made it clear that he was going to go to Blooden to meet a not so friendly person and did not want everyone to know of his arivel.

Halmara decided he wanted some time alone, knowing his guards would come with him he knocked them out. Halmara dressed in some commoners clothes went to the front of the boat where one man was already standing. It would take a little less than a week to reach Blooden and he didn't want to spend all of his time in his cabin.

"Hello there." Lash did not bother to turn, he was not in the mood for conversation. "I said hello, would it kill you to even answer me."
"No, but it might kill you if you don't leave right now."
Halmara did not want to start anything so he decided to leave and go talk to another passenger......
OCC: Merle he can talk to you if you want. You can control him. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Flandrake
07/08/2002 11:46 AM

OOC: I just realized I have been puting OCC enstead of OOC. why didn't anyone tell me? I'm not going to go back and edit my messages just plz someone tell me next time I do that. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/08/2002 9:11 PM

OOC: You people did read Alanded's post about how the elf girl got murdered, right? You MUST read it. That baddie introduced there is crucial to the main plot. Will be working on my side of the story soon. "I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And... I'm out of cash." -Eliar Swiftfire in 'The Future Fellowship'

Flandrake
07/08/2002 10:04 PM

OOC:I think I read it. Is it that really long one? Her and the guy are drinking wine then she thinks about certain things then nothing. Ya that was it. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/09/2002 1:48 AM

OOC: I just read it, too. I seem to be having a bad run of creativity here, so this post may not be very good...

IC: (Now who was that character?) Rashitan thought. He smelled terrible, and most humans did. She'd expended all of her energy trying to keep her nose from wrinkling in distaste. But she'd smelled something else on him, something that still lingered in the cool air... the metallic secent of fresh blood. No plausible explanation came to mind. Perhaps the man was a butcher?

Rashitan let other things occupy her mind, things that made her sleep fitfully in her cabin aboard the gently rocking boat. She thoguht of home, of her brothers, and her parents. How were they fairing without her? Easily enough, most likely. She had years before she fully developed her adult powers. Lately, she'd discovered that she could not shape-change on Krynn anymore, putting her at even more of a disadvantage.

(Oh well. I couldn't grow up that quickly, even with magical help.) She sighed, lying awake in her bunk and staring at the creaking, wooden ceiling. ('Experience in the magical art is gained only with the proper passage of time,' so mother said. But I want to grow up, now!) Embarassed at this mental outburst, Rashitan tried to suppress her childish urges, to act more 'grown-up'.

A jolting, unexpected heave took the ship by surprise. Rashitan was flung bodily off her bunk and face first on the hard, unforgiving floor. A small cry escaped her throat, more in shock than in fear. "What is the meaning of this?" Rashitan thundered, and even as she did so, her voice was swallowed up in a most unearthly howling outside. Barely audible, Rashitan heard men screaming out unintelligible orders. Intent on learning the meaning of this, she stomped out her cabin door (or tried to, it turned out as more of a badly canting stumble as more jerking motions overtook the vessel) and out onto he deck. Wind and rain slapped at her face, whipping her hair around her face and thereby obscuring her already limited sight. Massive waves crashed over the splintering railings, washing a crewman overboard. Rashitan recognized the captain atop the castle, bellowing at his crew. Coming bare inches of losing her footing at tumbling into the churning ocean, Rashitan practically crawled her way towards the captain.

"What's going on?" She shouted into his ear. At first, he didn't seem to hear.

"A storm has overtaken us!" He yelled back at the top of his lungs. "Zeboim must be displeased! She demands a blood sacrifice!" The captain's face was deathly pale beneath the ocean salt and spray. His hair was plastered against his skull, creating an altogether unattractive appearance.

"From who?" Rashitan asked thoguhtfully, and a little too quietly.

The captain turned his ear more towards Rashitan. "What?"

"I said, from who!" She repeated, instinctively knowing the answer already. How she knew, she was not entirely certain.

Her instincts proved true. After a moment of silence on his part, as if he were listening to a voice deep within his heart and mind, he answered, "She demands blood from you!" He turned away to bellow more desparate orders to the decreasing number of sailors on deck. Turning back to her, he continued, "Please, girl, just do it! We will not survive this god-cursed storm if you don't!" There was truth in that statement, and Rashitan could do nothing but comply, if not entirely for herself, then for the guiltless crew. Withdrawing a silver dagger from the soaked folds of her robes, she fumbled over to the heaving side of the ship, held out her bare arm over the briny waters. When the ship steadied for the briefest minute, Rashitan bit her lip and drew the dagger across her arm. Clear, pinkish, and very inhuman blood gushed out of the straight wound, flowed over her skin and dripped into the water. Almost instantaneously, the wind ceased its howling, and the tumultuous ocean flattened back to its normal, glassy smooth surface. Night reigned peaceful over head once again, and a ragged, dispirited cheer went up from the surviving crew.

The captain came up to Rashitan's side, proceeding to wrap a clean, if wet, strip of cloth over her slender, bleeding arm. The captain started at the odd color of the blood, but decided against asking, cinching the bandage good and tight. "Get some sleep, mage, and hope that Zeboim does not grow unhappy again."

OOC: Are storms possible on the Schallsea? It was god-inspired, so I think it works... if not, I don't want to alter this posts. I like!

Edit: By the way, Rashitan's blood is ichor, and for good reasons."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

[Edited by Nerautis on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 1:56 AM]

eswiftfire
07/09/2002 11:21 AM


OOC:I think I read it. Is it that really long one? Her and the guy are drinking wine then she thinks about certain things then nothing. Ya that was it.


OOC: *smacks forehead* Are you aware of the fact that she's dead? I suggest you read through it again.

-----------------------------------------------


"You want some food?" Fitch, the jailer asked gruffly. He had a plate of... well, something that resembled food, in his hand.

Eliar was starved. But the sight of something as horrendous as this almost made him lose his appetite. "How about some roast chicken?" He said from the heap of soiled straw in the corner of his cell. "Perhaps a cup of ice-cream, a bowl of beef stew or anything would be pleasant. I, the Great Eliar Swiftfire, is not very choosy when it comes to eating."

"Shut your stinkin' mouth, you thrice-damned murderer and eat your food!" The jailer growled, holding out the plate.

Eliar sighed and reached out for the plate.

The jailer jerked it away, grinning cruelly. "You don't look hungry."

The young mage climbed stiffly to his feet, every joint aching. "Guess I'll allow you the honour of watching one as great as I eat in front of you, lesser mortal."

Fitch grunted, and opened his stubby fingers. The wind took the plate, flipping it over as it fell. And the food tumbled out of sight. The jailer laughed loudly.

"Bastard!" Eliar spat. "I'll let you taste the mighty iron fists of Eliar Swiftfire!"

For that, Fitch gave him a kick, a steel boot drove hard into the boy's ribs. "You've a large mouth, mage, I look forward to the day you're executed." The jailer snarled.

Eliar doubled over in pain. The heavy iron-bound door slammed shut and he heard the rattle of keys.

He painfully crawled back to the corner of the cell and sat down. And on the stone walls, he saw...

Blood.

Everywhere. Eating away at the furnishings of the room. A nearby tapestry, depicting a great battle during the War of the Lance, was smeared crimson red. Yet he walked on, for he feared not the stench of the dead.

Appearing in the middle of the Wailing Woman Inn, only to see faces once full of life, slowly fading as the cold, cold chill of Death crept upon them and stilled their cries. He walked past them without another glance.

The elf-maid lay near her seat, on a pool of blood, the fingers in her left hand were sliced off, her insides spilling out from her stomach...

A few feet away... the fat innkeeper, decapitated, mutilated... nothing more than a limbless torso.

His wife suffered a fate similar to his, lying facedown on the wooden floor, numerous stab wounds on her back, her legs reduced to stumps. Before she died, she had tried reaching out for her daughter-

- who was covered in blood, slashed almost in half from shoulder to waist. Her face horribly disfigured, rivulets of liquid jelly ran down her empty eye sockets.

Mercy wasn't even granted to the youngest child...

The little boy's lips had been forced apart so hard that they had torn halfway across his cheeks at the sides, making him look like a hideous little clown with dark red lipstick smeared across the lower half of his face. Except clown's lips were just painted on to give the impression of a big, gaping mouth. His skull completely fragmented from the inside and the contents of his head had been dug out. All that was left of the child's head was a raw, bloody cavity.

His steps did not falter, his heartbeat did not quicken. Out of the common room, and towards the stairs. In the dark forbidding shadows, a lone figure stood, its back to him...

Anger. Hatred. Sorrow. Dark emotions stirred within himself. Somehow, he knew that this figure was responsible for the death and destruction around him.

(To be continued...)"I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And... I'm out of cash." -Eliar Swiftfire in 'The Future Fellowship'

[Edited by eswiftfire on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 11:27 AM]

Flandrake
07/09/2002 3:14 PM

OCC: It was late when I read it. I reread it and I get it. You were very graphic Swiftfire I like it. I think this post will have Gerad, Lash will be waiting for Merle to post.

IC: Gerad finally came back to the inn he was staying at. It had a small sign on the front that said, 'The Black Rose'. Gerad stepped inside, the common room looked like most other inn's but it was dirty. Several tables were all around in no order. The inn keeper was an old man who retired from the army. Several barmaids were harrased by the men and hobgoblins.

Gerad wanted something to eat, he only had a piece of toast and some water all day. Gerad walked over to a table with two other soilders, they were still sober and were having some roast chicken and ale.
"Hello Gerad, good day?"
"Is it ever a good day."
"No, I guess not but we got some new recruites today so we didn't need to do so much work."
"Kevin mind if I have some chicken?"
"Go ahead."
"Barmaid some ale," Gerad said as he grabbed a piece of chicken and put it in his mouth."

As the barmaid came back with Gerad's ale a hobgoblin tripped her. She fell down and broke the mug.
"Let me help you up." The hobgoblin grabbed her and brought her up to his mouth and licked the side of her cheek.
Gerad would not stand for this but if he jumpped to the womens aid he would be found.
"Too bad that she dropped your ale eh."
"Yes but the hobgoblin tripped her and I was thirsty." gerad got up and walked over to the hobgoblin.
"You, made her drop my ale glass."
"Go away fool you can't win against me." Gerad then grabbed this hand and pulled him out of the chair.
"Why you!" The hobgoblin tried to punch Gerad but Gerad doged the blow.
"Time to leave." Gerad punched him in the gut then in the face. The hobgoblin fell over in pain. Gerad took him by the shirt and dragged him outside, took two steel pieces.
"Here one for the drink that broke and one for the new one you'll bring me." Gerad walked back to his table followed by the stares of the half drunk men of the inn.
"Wow, you sure kicked his ass Gerad."
"Ya ya Kevin I'm sure you or Johnathen could take him."
"I doupt it Kevin is to sacred of taking on Commander Lertack."
"Oh no, that was Lertack, I'm going to get killed." Gerad smacked his own head.......
"Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/09/2002 6:59 PM

OOC: Graphic, yes, but a little off-kilter on the realistic meter. Tone down on your next such scenes, this isn't Resident Evil. Unless this assassin is a cannibalistic, sadist-masochist whatever he has no reason to chew up the bodies or go beyond a stab in the back."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

eswiftfire
07/09/2002 8:04 PM


Unless this assassin is a cannibalistic, sadist-masochist whatever he has no reason to chew up the bodies or go beyond a stab in the back.


OOC: This assassin IS a cannibalistic, sadist-masochist whatever.... wait, drop the cannibalistic, he didn't chew up the bodies. Just mutilate them. "I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And... I'm out of cash." -Eliar Swiftfire in 'The Future Fellowship'

Flandrake
07/09/2002 8:17 PM

OOC: I think he needs theropy. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Nerautis
07/09/2002 8:36 PM

OOC: Well, that clears things up. Still, try to keep it real..."Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Sarkophagus
07/09/2002 11:29 PM

Merle glared as Lash stalked off. She was not helping him at all. She just happened to have realized in her many years of life, that peace was the best way to win. Or at least choosing your battles wisely. I mean, one over an insult for a race you would cast you out as half demon. Merle scowled out over the ocean, reflecting on what Lash said. She seriouly wondered why he was so touchy on the bloody elves. Cruel thoughts entered her mind and she smiled across the water at them.
A calm voice drifted to Merle's ears from the side of her. Glaces over, showed a peasent dressed man. Merle studied him for a moment, He looked right, except that he had just taken a bath. But she supposed it was for the boat trip. There was something else wrong too, but Merle could not place it. She guessed it was just her. (ooc: Actaully, The aristo walks like an aristo. You can tell.)
"Hello," Merle replied to the others greeting. She turned her gaze back to the turning ocean, "Who may I suppose you to be?" She asked.
The aristo was taken aback at Merle's scruntiy, No one does that to a lord normally. Halmara still had not gotten used to being treated as a peasent, even tho this was not his first time posing as one. Suddenly realizing he was being rude by not answering her question, and not wanting to drive away another person, Halmara stuttered, "Me? Ah, I am.... Maran."
Merle smiled to herself, not really listening to him, "Well hello Marish, What being you in to my wretched company?" Merle was irrated now, Irrated at Lash. He had a problem and he would not solve. And it irrated her. NOw she felt like throwing him overboard. Or perhaps slipping some itchweed in his bed covers. Of course this would not make him solve his problem. Merle frowned.
Halmara, under the persona 'Maran', looked at the expression across Merle's face, and wondered if he really wanted t talk to her. He looked back at Lash, and decided a fool was better than a foul tempered. He replied, " It is MARAN, not Marish." He signed, "There are not many others on this small boat to talk to. Indeed that fellow" he motioned towards Lash, "happens not to be the ah.. most 'talkitive' fellow. And I guess Our Beloved Halmara is tired and resting."
Merle scowled at Halmara's name. "Ah yes, cursed Halmara. Ah its his fault." Suddenly realizing exactly what she was saying, Merle glared suspiciously at 'Maran'. "Are you one of his servants?" She growled. Her voice took on a sarcastic tone, "Yes, Our Beloved Halmara. All worship Our Beloved Halmara. Let's _die_ for Our Beloved Halmara." Merle glowed at the man. "Keep your Beloved Halmara away from me." Merle pulled up her hood and stared at the drifting waters.
Halmara first feeling at Merle's mocking words was anger. How dare a wretched fool like her insult him, even if it were unknownly to his face. He was reminded of WHY the commoners belonged in the dust. The insolent beggers had no civility, no respect, no intelligence.... Halmara was fuming. He took a breathe to calm him self. Anger at a begger was a waste of his energy. His nose a bit higher in the air, He stalked off to the other side of the boat. He really did want to meet the others on this ship but he was not haveing much success. Perhaps he should stop LOWERING himself to the comoners and be who he REALLY was, and BELONGED: _Lord_ Halmara! A warm cabin awaited him.
Merle contiued to glower at the moving ocean. Now she was irrated at both Lash, Maran, and 'Lord' Halmara. Maybe itchweed in thier beds too.

Alanded
07/10/2002 3:23 AM

OOC:


OOC: Well, that clears things up. Still, try to keep it real...


To Rashitan:

Uh... Rash, can I call you Rash? It's a lot shorter. You can call me Alan or Al, or A is fine too. Anyway this is somewhat like what my character is supposed to be like. You must understand that Alvrys is actually a Forgotten Realms Dark Elf "converted" into a Dragonlance setting (Over there, dark elves really are dark skinned, they worship a spider goddess, Lloth, and are just about the most sadistic killers ever, except for Croup and Vandemar from Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere". In short, compared to them, Dalamar's as lame as a seven year old goat with three legs and a bad case of the colic.) Besides "sadistic killer" makes for a pleasant change from the "exiled because they practice dark magic" reason generally given for a dark elf, don'tcha think?

BTW, something for you coming right up.

Yours cordially,
Alanded Xamund II

Alanded
07/10/2002 4:49 AM

*player "alanded" online

OOC: For Rashitan...

BIC:

It is cold here, so cold...

Fariedone struggled weakly to rise, cracked and broken talons scrabbling pitifully against the mound of treasure that he lay on, so carefully hoarded over the span of centuries. Gold pieces and precious gems slide in a shower to the floor, the sound they make a mockery in his ears.

How long had it been, he wondered, since they had smashed through the defences of his lair? Mere hours maybe, or perhaps days? He did not know. There was no way to tell the passage of time in the darkness.

Year after year after year it had cast its light over the vast cavern, lighting it bright as day, tinting everything with its foul taint, so that even his own golden scales gleamed emarald green. It had called to him, entreated him, commanded him, to set it free. Had its power not been held in check by elven wards and seals he might have given in long ago. But it was, and he had been steadfast in his duty.

Until now.

He was dying, slowly but surely, his life's blood slipping out into the cold metal beneath him. The wealth of nations, as worthless to him now as the grains of sand on a beach. Death beckoned to him with a skeletal hand, promising sweet release into oblivion.

But he could not die yet. The elves had to be warned. And the knights...

He reached out and upwards with his consciousness, searching, looking, for elves or Knights or kindred. The blankness of fish and crustaceans flitted about him, and farther above the circling hunger of sea-gulls.

Desperately, he turned his questing mind farther west, and then east. But it was to the north that he finally felt something.

A ship, with humans, and something else, that felt like kindred and yet was not. By then his strength was fading fast. Left with no choice, he thrust himself into its mind.

Stranger, can you hear me?


OOC: BTW that scene with the storm was nicely written.
*player "Alanded" offline.

[Edited by Alanded on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 4:54 AM]

[Edited by Alanded on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 5:00 AM]

Alanded
07/10/2002 7:32 AM

*player "Alanded" online

OOC: BTW Rash, Fariedone can sense the draconians as well, but he's NOT going to try to talk to them, for reasons that will soon be obvious (if it isn't already). Oh, and Merle, if you're an elf and a black robe, does that mean you're a dark elf?

For Merle...

BIC: Puck Lightfingers sauntered onto the deck, looking about him with curiousity. It was a pretty boring trip so far, not counting the interesting lock that he had come across in the Captain's cabin. He'd managed to get it on the seventh try, and the chest it secured had held some very good maps of Ansalon, including someplace called "Storm's Keep". These had very quickly found their way into the kender's bag.

"I'll just borrow them for a while to copy. I'm sure the captain won't mind." he'd said, promising to himself that he would return it as soon as he was done.

True to kender nature, he had promptly forgotten about them, and was now wandering all over the ship, looking for someone to talk to. That was when he saw the Black Robe at the railing, and his eyes lit up.

"Hello there!" He said as he skipped across the deck towards her, topknot bouncing merrily. "Are you a really a mage? Hey, you're an elf! I didn't know elves could be black robed mages. Oh wait, there's Dalamar in the Tower of High Sorcery, so I guess they can. Say why is your face all red and splotchy and purple like you're really, really mad at someone and you're trying not to give in to temptation and clobber him on the head with a skillet? I saw a barmaid do that once at the Inn of the Last Home in Solace when a man grabbed her. His eyes rolled right up in his head and collapsed as if he'd been drinking too much dwarf spirits only I think it was probably more because she'd hit him the skillet. And who's the funny looking half-elf over there?"

He draws in a breath to ask more questions...

*player "Alanded" offline.

Flandrake
07/10/2002 9:32 AM

OOC: Al Merle is only a half-elf like Lash.

Lash didn't like it at all. This was why he never liked traveling with other people, he would always just make them mad. Lash felt the cool ocean breeze across his cheek, he began to think of what he would have said to Merle if he hadn't gotten mad. Lash could only think of two words he would have said, 'I'm sorry.' But no Lash had never said sorry to any other person except for when he was young.....

' "Lash here comes the elven archer's arrow."
"Oh no, I better pull out my sheild but it's to late ahhhh."
"AHAHAHAHAH."
"You sure got me good Grant."
"Ya, now I need to finish you off with my sword", which was a small stick. Grant pulled the stick out of his belt and started to poke young Lash with it.
"Ah, stop it." Lash tripped Grant and he fell down. Grant cried out in pain as he hit the hard dirt ground of Solace. He fell from the Vallenwood trees.
"Grant, no." Lash ran down as fast as he could and saw the motionless body of grant.
"NO!" Lash ran to the boys side
"I'm sorry Grant, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it honest."
By now many people were gathering around including Grants parents.
"Why you deamon half-elf."
"But I didn't mean to." By now Lash was in tears over the loss of his best freind. Lash's mother came running through the crowd and hugged Lash.
"It's okay I know you didn't mean it."
Lash cried all that night and kept think thoughs words 'I'm sorry Grant.'
The next day the family left. And two weeks later Lash's father died.
After that Lash vowed he would never cry again. He never said he was sorry ether, he learned to live with the fact that he killed his best friend, he drove the family away from Solace.
When Lash was thirty he went back to Solace, it was dusk at the time, he found the grave of his old friend. Lash bowed his head, "I'm sorry."
From that point on Lash tried to forget his past. '

Lash looked back at Merle she was facing a small person with a hoopak in his hand and several pouches drapped over his body. Lash turned his head back when Merle looked in the direction the kender was pointing. Lash needed to think some more......


"Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

Sarkophagus
07/10/2002 11:49 AM

Merle glanced over as the kender asked who Lash was. The kender paused for breathe and in that small moment Merle replied, "I would not talk to him." Merle wondered if their was a way to shut up a kender. Her best guess was no. She wondered if she should just let him babble on. But standing next to a kender was not her idea of good sense. She steped slitly farther away from him. Merle also wondered what a kender was doing aboard this ship. Probably what all kender are doing. Merle scowled.

ooc: Sorry not a lot of time. :)

Dark_Master
07/10/2002 12:36 PM

OOC: Sorry, i got a little confused reading through all of those posts, quite a few in only three days or so....if someone could give me a brief sum of what has happend....much appreciated.... :) Til the heart's blood boils or the bones be ash,
til the tallow be dust and death's teeth gnash
this one be mine.....

Flandrake
07/10/2002 2:54 PM

OOC: Well Time is flying to Blooden and Merle and me are on a boat to Blooden. Rash is on a boat to Sanction, I also made a new character Gerad he is a Solmanic night but is 'undercover' in Sanction. Sorry about making Time fly to Blooden alone but it was the only thing I could do. Um there is an assasin that is out to get Lash. Rash is beging followed by dracoians. I can't think of anything else right now but try and read some of the posts. Plus you can find out about some of Lash's past. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/10/2002 6:53 PM


OOC: Well Time is flying to Blooden and Merle and me are on a boat to Blooden. Rash is on a boat to Sanction, I also made a new character Gerad he is a Solmanic night but is 'undercover' in Sanction. Sorry about making Time fly to Blooden alone but it was the only thing I could do. Um there is an assasin that is out to get Lash. Rash is beging followed by dracoians. I can't think of anything else right now but try and read some of the posts. Plus you can find out about some of Lash's past.


OOC: *scowls* You left out Eliar. Anyway, Eliar teleported away from Merle and Lash the night before they got into the ship, and to the Screaming Woman Inn, the place where the adventure first started. He found the elven woman, the innkeeper and his family brutally murdered by the dark elven assassin. And was later framed for the murder. As you can see, in my latest post, Eliar was already in jail. (to read the murder... go to Alanded's post BEFORE you left.)

Oh, and he had lost his magic too. (so that this quest won't look like some goddamn walk in the park)

The pink-blooded Rash was contacted by some old dragon or something.

Merle's pissed off with Lash for acting like an ass. Oh, and now, Merle's going to be tormented by a kender too.

Lash remained wading in self-pity after acting like an ass. And suddenly thinks of his sad sad past.

That's all. "I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And... I'm out of cash." -Eliar Swiftfire in 'The Future Fellowship'

[Edited by eswiftfire on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 6:58 PM]

Flandrake
07/10/2002 10:22 PM

OOC: I'm glad your hear to tell us these things Eliar. I mean really what would we do without you. And if you like I can add a happy moment in my past. I mean there were only two times in his past when he was really happy, when he was a kid living in Solace and when he was being trained by his master or Shalafi (in elven). He was trained to be a ranger not some souless fighter who goes around killing things. So if you want I could talk about a time when he was happy. "Do, or do not, there is no try' -Yoda "Empire Strikes Back"

eswiftfire
07/11/2002 12:14 AM

"...yes, mister. This is the person who murdered the elven maid, Tiko, Lysa and the children." Fitch said.

Eliar turned away from the windows and looked at the jailer. "I, the GREAT ELIAR SWIFTFIRE, is definitely not a killer, you thick-skulled lowlife." He sneered.

That earned him a punch in the gut by the jailer. That wasn't so bad. A large man charged into the cell with a great broadsword, grabbed Eliar by his throat and lifted him two feet above the ground.

"Why did you kill her, you bastard?" The large man yelled in Eliar's face. Tears running down his tanned cheeks.

"Tell me when you are done, plainsman. The Elder said that you can do anything to him, except killing him. We wanted to have a public execution for him tomorrow." Fitch said, before walking away.

"Uuurgh.... arghh.... urrrkk!" Eliar replied courageously.

"What?"

"Arghhhh araaaaagh!" Eliar replied again, his face was turning purple.

"Damn it! Speak up, mage! Or I'll smash your skull into pieces!"

"AAAAaaaaarckkkkk ooooooooooorrhh eeeeeeeeeeek!" Eliar declared weakly.

"Why... you..." The man raised his broadsword, which gleamed dangerously in front of Eliar's face.

"Um... Squall? Has it ever occur to you that he can't speak out because you are holding his throat?" A voice behind the man said.

"Hmph!"

The large man released Eliar from his grip, the young mage fell unceremoniously onto the cold hard floor with a loud thud. He weakly looked up and see who was the second speaker.

It was a gnome.

"MynameisParvatisisaresnatesekerhelurdareslamtegrlaoujimithrazazel." The gnome stepped in front of Eliar and said.

"What?" Eliar asked hoarsely, staring at the small figure.

"MynameisParvatisisaresnatesekerhelurdareslamtegrlaoujimithrazazel." The gnome repeated.

"Huh?" Was the only thing Eliar could say.

"THAT GNOME SAID THAT HIS NAME IS PARVATISISARESNATESEKERHELURDARESLAMTEGRLAOUJIMITHRAZAZEL! YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?" The plainsman bellowed angrily.

"Oh, that's a pretty long name." Eliar got up to his feet and rubbed his throat. "Sorta reminds me of my teacher. His name is Alameon Erynius Nysquist Secconius Arkios Anacreon Tremayne Elspeth Ravenscroft. Longer than your name, huh?"

The gnome looked unimpressed. "That's just a name humans call me. My real name is actually Parvatisisaresnatesekerhelurdareslamtegrlaoujimithrazazeldaruyanoeagrouelfvearendae..."

Eliar cut in quickly, suddenly remembering a few things he had learnt about gnomes while wandering in this world. "Okay okay! I get the idea! What am I going to call you?"

"Just call me Parvatis."

"Huh? Pavarotti?" Eliar blinked.

"No! It's Parvatis!" He was going to say more before he received a cold glare from the plainsman, Squall.

Then, Eliar received an even colder glare when Squall turned his attention to him again. "Now, answer my question, mage, why did you kill Lethanoshein?" His was suddenly choking with emotion when he spoke out the elf-maiden's name.

"I didn't kill her." The young mage said.

So, Squall hit him.

"Ouch." Eliar whined.

"Tell me the truth!" Whack.

"Ow!"

"Lying scum!" THUD.

"Eeek!"

"Speak out, now!" Pow.

"Mommy!"

"Why did you kill her, you genderless mule?" Whoosh.

"Argh! No, not in the face, please!"

Twenty seconds, countless groans of pain and pleas for mercy later, Squall stepped away. Eliar measured his length on the floor.

"Has it ever occur to you that he CAN'T speak WHEN you are HITTING him?" Parvatis grimaced at the mess before him.

"Hmph!""I am the LEGENDARY, MANLY MAGE, Eliar Swiftfire! EMBODIMENT OF COOLNESS, LOVER OF EASY WOMEN! And... I'm out of cash." -Eliar Swiftfire in 'The Future Fellowship'


[Edited by eswiftfire on Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:47 AM]

Nerautis
07/11/2002 1:53 AM

OOC: Ooooh, I see, I didn't know that was a part of the assassin's background since I've only read one Forgotten Realms book >_"Weep, Palin, weep as I wept once, long, long ago. Then you will realize, as I did, that it does no good. No one hears you, sobbing in the night alone."

Alanded
07/11/2002 2:46 AM

*player "Alanded" online.

OOC: For Rash...

BIC:

Fariedone paused for a moment, wondering at the oddness he felt from this stranger. But he could not sense the taint of evil on her, whatever she was, she was not a servant of Takhisis, and that would have to suffice.

Stranger, you must warn the Silvanesti elves and the Solamnic Knights... the emarald sphere... Knights of darkness...

For a moment a wave of dizzyness engulfed him, and he teetered on the brink of unconsciousness, then he rallied his strength for one final outburst.

Tell them... Fariedone has fallen, and the emerald sphere of Galan Dracos is once more loose on Krynn...

And then the link was broken, and Oblivion claimed him.




OOC: The sphere of Galan Dracos, with reference to the books "Huma of the Lance" and "Kaz the Minotaur", is the masterpiece of Galan Dracos, capable of channeling the power of Chaos and therefore second in might only to the Graygem, which I think by now has fallen into the hands of the Irda. In "Kaz the Minotaur" the sphere (with the agreement of the Solamnic Knights) was taken by the Silvanesti elves to be hidden "where no one would ever find it."

Guess who's got it now...

[Edited by Alanded on Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:50 AM]

Alanded
07/11/2002 3:07 AM

OOC: For Merle...

BIC:
Puck skipped merrily along behind Merle, blissfully unaware that his presence was unappreciated.

"Gee, why shouldn't I talk with him? Is he some demonic creature you summoned from the abyss in disguise? Can he do tricks? Or does he have some contagious disease? I knew an orc who contracted Moonwalker Madness once, it stiffened his face up and turned it white as snow. And his nose kept falling off. And he kept walking backwards and saying "Owww!" every now and then. And he insisted on wearing a white glove on his left hand. Not both hands, mind, just his left. Hand, that is."

"Say, I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? My name is Puck Lightfingers, what's yours?" He dances around till he's in front of Merle and sticks out his right hand for her to shake...

Alanded
07/11/2002 4:03 AM

OOC: For Lash and Merle... HEADS UP!!! INCOMING!

BIC: Alvrys spurred his horse right up to the docks. Here and there workers scurried to and fro, hauling sacks and barrels onto ships or into warehouses. He sees a man clutching a bloodstaining handkerchief to his nose, and his interest piqued, he rides on over.

"Good morning to you, my dear sir. You seem to be at some distress." he said, calling to the man from his mount.

Gregory's face paled as he saw the elf on the coal black stallion looking down at him. Damn! Not another one! "It's nothing milord, I slipped and fell, is all." he said nervously. He wondered if this one would hit him too.

But Alvrys had more important things on his mind. "My dear fellow, have you by any chance seen a half-elf, a Black Robe, another elf, and another Black Robe, and a boy dressed as a mage pass by here?"

Gregory had to think for a moment before he got it all sorted out, and even then he wasn't sure if he had heard right. "Err.." He said noncomittally. Then he remembered Lash.

"I've seen a half-elf and a Black Robe travelling together, but I dunno about any others. They went on the Sea Nymph just an hour ago."

"Where is it headed?"

"To Blooden, and then back. It's a passenger ship, it is."

"Then when's the next ship to Blooden leaving?"

"T'would be the Falcon. You'd want ter speak with Captain Solo if you want passage on board, he's over there." He pointed the man out to Alvrys.

"Thank you, my dear fellow. Here's a little something for your time..." The elf grinned amiably down at him, and with a flick of his thumb and forefinger sent a tiny steel dart into the man's throat.

Gregory stiffens as the poison coursed through his veins, and he slowly sinks until he's slumped against a wooden barrel, unnoticed by anyone else. Morgion's dread blessing has only begun it's work however, and the skin around the wound begins to blacken and decay as rot and corruption set in. The man's eyes are wide with pain and terror, but the paralyzing poison prevents him from screaming for help or from the sheer agony of his slowly liquefying internal organs and flesh. The whole process takes hours to finish, the victim usually remaining conscious to the very end.

Alvrys looked down lovingly at his handiwork, regretting the wasted opportunity the night before. His Queen had called him away, so he had simply left while the boy who had appeared in the inn had been distracted by the barmaid's entrance. A pity.

Leaving the dying man to his doom, Alvrys rode towards the captain of the Falcon.

*player "alanded" offline.

[Edited by Alanded on Thursday, July 11, 2002 8:35 AM]

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com