[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > Dragonlance Saga Roleplaying > As dust before the storm...

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/03/2001 5:48 AM

The storm came, sweeping all before its path. The storm that had been waiting for years to sweep across the land...
A black robed mage had been waiting for years until this moment, when the storm reached his abode. Its power would be his, he vowed. As it came before him, he called upon demons and devils, demi-gods and phantasms, powers from dimensions never even heard of Kyrnn. They were as nothing, swept with his remains as the storm moved onward.
An lord in his castle lay in his bed with his faviorite serving wench when the storm came. He did not even have time to shout in anger as the walls of his fortress came crumbling down upon him.
A plainsman warrior fought bravely against two Dark Knights, knowing he had no chance. He still fought, though he could run. Him too, did the storm sweep with it, his enemies with him.
A kender, avidly chatting nonsense to himself, was swept as so much debris. As was the elven archer robbing the rich, the hill dwarven merchant and all his goods, the bard singing in the tavern, the two dragons in the throes of passion, tails entwined, the minoutar champion in the ring, the Irda in his protective pentagram, and the Solmanic knight facing the wind in honor. All were as dust.
The storm swept.

And Joero woke. "What in the Dark Queens nether hole was that?!" he shouted out. The shout woke his bedmate, greenly beatiful Tonda. "What has happened, my love?" she asked sleepily.
"I do not know, my life. " he said. "But I intend to find out." He bared his teeth."I intend to."
OOC: Here is one of those fun, 'Only You can save mankind!' sort of threads. Feel free to have the same dream/vision, with varations, or just post a small description of where you are and Joero will meet with you already.

To err is human, to moo bovine.

Kalia_Majere
11/03/2001 9:34 AM

OOC: I definately want part of this one Joe...give me a few...I'll post by the end of the day."If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

TolkaninFaznin
11/03/2001 11:50 AM

Sarynestilanti loved storms. She sat on the brink of a grassy knoll and watched as one rolled in. It was an immense storm, probably the largest Saryn had ever seen. But it was different . . . it was unholy . . . She stood with uncertainty as it reached her, sweeping past her many different races and peoples and creatures, yet she stood unmoved.
"What is this?" She asked the wind.
The wind did not reply.


"MREOWK!"

Saryn woke with a jolt as her cat Bronagh (pr. BRO-na) wailed out. Saryn stroked her, calmed her, though she could sense the cat was bothered by something. She thought of her dream and furrowed her brow.

"The dark Queen is sending something awful, Bronagh." She said quietly. "And we've been summoned."

The cat looked up at Saryn's bright green eyes with her bright yellow.

"mreowk?""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

[Edited by TolkaninFaznin on Saturday, November 3, 2001 11:51 AM]

starlite4774
11/03/2001 2:03 PM

((OOC: Great begining!! Hm...who to be...))

Starynanthalenos twisted in the air and bared her teeth, her long blue flame-patterned wings stretching to compensate for her awkward position. She ducked under her twin's tail as it whipped forth, grazing her face and then shot her neck forward, biting the offending tail.

"Ouch! That hurt, little sister!!" Starynlanosentas grinned wildly, and dove slightly, forcing his sister to release her grip or be swung around by his superior body weight.

"I'm not your little sister!" she growled, along with some rather crude remarks that were lost in the wind. Turning away from her brother, she faced the strange storm.

The storm swept through the open field where the dragons faught, kicking up dust and debry. It swept through with an evil passion, darkening all it touched, adding ecstasy to the souls of those who walk the paths of evil...

It caught in the wings of Starynlanosentas and cradled his massive bulk, gentle as a summer's breeze...

It caught in the wings of Starynanthalenos and tossed her around as it would a leaf in a tornado, spinning and whirling, till she no longer knew which way was up...till she didn't realize that the ground was rushing towards her battered wings...

Starynanthalenos groaned softly. She ached all over. The ground here had been deprived of the soft, lush grass that filled the forest, torn away by the storm. Her twin landed near her and laughed.

"Some weather we're having, huh?" She whipped her tail at him, but he just laughed all the harder. "Give it up, sis..."

Ignoring him, the hurt dragon called upon her magic. A faint blue mist surrounded her and then disapated, leaving a bruised half-elf with flame blue hair and sparkling violet eyes dressed in a long blue robe with a flame pattern that matched her scales. Her brother did likewise, though he was human, through and through, with shorter blue hair and an evil glint in his violet eyes.

"See that town? That's where I'm going. Do me a favor and go in the opposite direction." Starnanthalenos, now Drache Starfall, brushed past Starnlanosentas, now Drache Blueflame, who merely laughed and followed his sister. Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

Kalia_Majere
11/03/2001 9:37 PM

A black robed mage had been waiting for years until this moment, when the storm reached his abode. Its power would be his, he vowed. As it came before him, he called upon demons and devils, demi-gods and phantasms, powers from dimensions never even heard of Kyrnn. They were as nothing, swept with his remains as the storm moved onward.


An lord in his castle lay in his bed with his faviorite serving wench when the storm came. He did not even have time to shout in anger as the walls of his fortress came crumbling down upon him.


A plainsman warrior fought bravely against two Dark Knights, knowing he had no chance. He still fought, though he could run. Him too, did the storm sweep with it, his enemies with him.


A kender, avidly chatting nonsense to himself, was swept as so much debris. As was the elven archer robbing the rich, the hill dwarven merchant and all his goods, the bard singing in the tavern, the two dragons in the throes of passion, tails entwined, the minoutar champion in the ring, the Irda in his protective pentagram, and the Solmanic knight facing the wind in honor. All were as dust.


The storm swept.


Glimmer woke with a start, slamming her head on the cave ceiling right above her head. Glimmer stared about her lair, and groaned, wishing for the hundreth time that she hadn't placed this little alcove so close to the ceiling. Carefully, She lept down, stretching her feathered wings. gingerly rubbing the egg sized bump on the crown of her head, the Crystal dragon turned towards the entrance of the cave. A strong gust of wind blew dust into her eyes.

she blinked suddenly, clearing the dust from her corneas as the dream came back to her. "What in the name of the Light was all that?" she murmered, as she walked through the entrance to stare down at her little peaceful valley.

Shaking her large head, Glimmer took to the skies, following a call that she could not deny.
"If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

thistledown
11/03/2001 11:36 PM

(OOC: Nice intro ghost. Where have you been the last two months? Still annoyed was almost dead.)

(OOC2: So the storm so far is just a vision or has it already swept over us. I think it's a vision of things soon to come, so I'll go with that. Too bad I can't use J'mes - no magic to get the vision. Timesplit is probably my best choice.)

The storm continued on. It came upon a man in brownish-red leather stradling a large brown dragon. Within a few seconds, the battered pair dissapeared into between, and did not reapear.

A lone man in a brown trenchcoat walked on through the lonely mountain trail, his grey hair behind him. *At last, I have found him* he thought to himself as he climbed. The storm came upon him and his nemisis, sweeping them both over the enormous cliff.

A kender fiddled with his newest creation, a Hoopak Mark III. He felt a stir in the wind and set himself against it, but the wind swept him up with his supplies, ending his curius tinkering forever.

Timeplit woke in a cold sweat. *No, it can not happen* he thought to himself. He got up and prepared for his voyage, gathering the spells, gear, and electrical components of his trade. When all was prepared, he cast a spell requesting (demanding, actually) conveance from any dragon that happened to be passing by.Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

starlite4774
11/04/2001 2:26 PM

Drache Starfall sat up, startled, her violet eyes trying to pierce the darkness. She was sitting on the floor of a nondescript tavern room. Her twin lay on a rather large, though lumpy, bed and he was snoring. The half-elf frowned. They had wrestled for the bed, and obviously, he had won.

She shook her head, dislodging a good portion of her flame blue hair. "Did you feel that?" she asked her brother. He moaned and rolled over in bed. Sighing, Drache Starfall reached for the nearest blunt object, which happened to be a chair, and threw it at her twin.

"H-h-hey!! What in the Abyss was that?"

"We're under attack," she returned dryly. "Seriously now, did you feel that?"

He held his revenge for a moment and considered her words. "Of course. Just some weak spell. Ignore it, little sister."

She frowned but ignored the 'little sister'. "Think it has something to do with the storm?"

"Who cares?"

"Obviously, I do," she frowned and then brightened. Her twin would never leave in the middle of the night--he loved sleep too much--which meant this was her chance to get rid of him. "I'm going to answer it."

"You weak, pathetic..."

She threw another chair at him. He ducked but it hit its mark anyway. He began to curse about frail human bodies. "I'm not going because I can't resist it. I'm going because I'm curious."

"You weak..." he started again. Shaking her head, Drache Starfall dressed and headed out the door. "Wait for me, you good for nothing..." he called after her.

Cursing her luck, the half-elf practically ran out of town and transformed, hoping to lose her brother. The race was frantic, skimming through starlit clouds and chilled night air. In the end, she won but just barely.

Landing before the spellcaster, Drache Starfall bowed. "Greetings, I am Drache Starfall and here..." she was cut off when her brother shouldered her out of the way.

"I'm Drache Blueflame! You can call her Star..."

"No! My name is Drache!"

"I was hatched first!"

"Yeah and look at how much I care!"

Their arguement went on for several minutes, till Drache Starfall noticed the man staring at them with a faint look of amusment. She sighed. "You can call me Star..." her twin grinned in triumph. "As I was saying before, I am here in response to your call..."Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

TolkaninFaznin
11/05/2001 8:23 AM

Saryn had tried to let sleep take her back, intending to inquire about the dream the next morning, however sleep was elusive and the urge kept gnawing at her, until she finally sighed and threw back the covers.

"Coming, Bronagh?" She asked the cat as she dressed. The feline watched her, her long whispy tail sweeping the air behind her.

"mreowk?"

When Saryn finished dressing, Bronagh took a seat on her owner's shoulder.

"I know I should wait and ask Father, but I cannot shake this feeling . . ."

"mrrrw."

She finished packing her leather bag with neccessities and heaved another sigh, looking around the room as if she'd never see it again.

"Can it be we're leaving for good, Bronagh? I can't believe it, but somehow I can't neglect it."

Bronagh yawned, her claws pulling gently at Saryn's tunic.

"Lets go."

It was night as Saryn made it to the gryphon's livery. Bronagh growled, hating the smell of gryphons, and found her way into Saryn's bag.

Saryn and Bronagh weren't the only ones who had felt the opression of the storm, when Saryn entered, her gryphon Mizinkaw cried with delight. Somehow, he had been anticipating a midnight flight.

"Sh . . " Saryn said, quieting him. "I'm not sure if anyone else had the same visions that we have, but I don't want to be held back any longer." She tacked Mizinkaw and lead him out into the open and mounted. "You alright, Bronagh?" She asked. The bag growled. "Lets go!"

Mizinkaw took to the sky, and Saryn allowed him to lead. Without warning or pause, he flew until they reached two large, blue-flamed dragons, and another fiure, at which point Mizinkaw landed.

Unsure of where to start, Saryn cleared her throat.

"Uhm, heh . . .have any of you recieved strang visions this night of a storm?" She asked meekly. Her bag continued to growl."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/05/2001 12:52 PM

OOC: Starlight, could you just brief me on exactly what the coloring of your dragon means? Good, evil, neutruel, alien, whatever. E-mail me if you don't want to post. Thanks.
Joero had packed what little he needed and left his beatiful Tonda alone. She was not the sort to adventure, especially not with him and the kind of adventures he had. He wished he knew where he was going...there were those he would have taken advice from, once. Now it was up to him alone...
The day after his dream he woke from a dreamless sleep, exited the cave where he had taken shelter, and then ran back in. A dragon had landed before the entrance, and a purple one, no less! Joero made it a rule to avoid any type of dragon,and he had never heard of one like this!
And yet...something told him to go outside and talk with the thing. And for no reason in Reorx's forge or in Takhisis's Abyss, he walked out and talked to her. His Solmanic armour was certainly not spotless, and his double sided trident looked no threat to a dragon.
"Dragon!" he shouted at the purple thing. "Whatever you are! I would speak to you! If you would."
OOC2: Kalia, I apologize, but a meeting between the two characters was going to happen, I just fastforwarded it. Thats Glimmer he's talking to, if you didn't notice.
To err is human, to moo bovine.

thistledown
11/05/2001 1:08 PM

"Thank you for responding so quickly," the mage told the dragons, the griffon, Saryn, and the growling bag.

"I am Timesplit. I assume that all of you had simlar visions. We must do something to prevent this storm from happening. Does anybody have any idea where the visions came from or what we can do to stop it from happening?"Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

starlite4774
11/05/2001 1:13 PM

((OOC: Sorry about that...I think I have a description in the Introductions thread...but maybe I forgot. Anyway, they're twin blue dragons. A white robe mage found their eggs a while ago (they're pretty young) and took them for silvers. When they started to hatch and he saw they were blue, he tried to kill them with the magical blue Flames of Avvanom. This failed and Starynlanosentas (Blueflame) ate the mage. He [Blueflame] is evil. His violence shocked his sis, who was scarred by that memory and walks a more neutral path. She's pretty appalled by most evil. The flames scarred them both, leaving the flame pattern on their scales and taking away their nature ability for lightning. However, they were infused with the magic from the flames and so are sensitive to magic stuff.

They disgust each other but have a strong bond that simple won't go away. At this stage in life, they're pretty close, though the seperate later and refuse to think of each other. They also have a weak telepathic bond.

Did I forget anything? I'll probably post more later. :)))Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

Kalia_Majere
11/05/2001 8:23 PM

OOC: oh!! sorry Joe!! lol...daydreaming again...um...Glimmer is my Crystal Dragon..."glimmer" is the name given to her by humans. she's a little more mature now, and is more at ease with her true self. She really isn't purple...well she's kinda all colors, like when light strikes a prisim.

BIC: Glimmer turned to stare at the one who had called out to her. suddenly, she realized that he too was being pulled by the same call that she was.

"You wish to speak to me?" she asked softly, lowering her head to the ground to that it was level with him. "what is it?" she asked folding her huge Feathered wings."If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

Ontarys
11/06/2001 9:55 AM

Taryis sat patiently in his lab as he gazes intently out the window. He could see the ominous storm quickly making its way across the land. A strong wind was blowing, its gale causing the smaller trees to bend and sway perilously. The soft whistling sound in the air also gave notice to the coming storm. he knew that soon he would be swept away in the storm, and he wondered what was to come of it. His blue robes hanging loosely on his slightly muscular frame, he began to prepare himself for the worst. he could sense there was much more to this storm than usual. Stepping out onto the balcony he held tightly to the railing as the gale grew stronger every second. closing his eyes he let go...and was carried away.

Taryis awoke from the dream, a small thread of sweat rolled down the side of his face. He awoke to find that there was a presence familar to him somewhere near. A dragon....a dragon who had been with him in his trials during that unfortunate time in the forest of wayreth. If she was here then somthing was definatley going on.

Gather a picture of her in his mind he cast the spell that would take him to her. Not knowing what to expect he appeared behind them in the shade of a nearby tree. "This may prove to be very interesting indeed"

OOC: 'ill give background on character if needed. :) or as the thread moves alongThe magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

Furanthas
11/06/2001 2:47 PM

OOC: This post has caught my eye! But I wouldn't want to be a burden. There are already more than enough characters, the best on the boards to boot. :) The choice is Joe's. "Power comes with Discipline. Love comes with faith. It is up to you for which you'll wait."

TolkaninFaznin
11/06/2001 10:55 PM

Mizinkaw cried and pointed his beak northward. He then looked at the two blue-flamed dragons, expecting them to pick out the same scent he had. "Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

starlite4774
11/07/2001 1:17 PM

((OOC: Scent? Scent of what??? I am so confused. Another bad day...someone wanna tell me where everyone is? I'm so confused...:( Oy, this is bad. Sorry people...))Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

TolkaninFaznin
11/07/2001 1:31 PM

(ooc; How I understand it is that Saryn, Mizinkaw, and Bronagh (growling bag) are with the two blue-flamed dragons and Timesplit, and that Glimmer and Joehro are somewhere else altogether. What I was implying in my last post was that Mizinkaw could sense Glimmer and was looking at the blues to see if they did, too. Sorry about being so vague!!! :-( anyway, if I got something wrong of left someone out, pleeeeze let me knw!!)"Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/08/2001 4:31 AM

OOC: Furanthus, come on in. You certainly qualify among the 'best' of the posters.
Joero aproaches the dragon carefully. As he gets closer he realizes that she isn't purple...more crystal like. He had never seen the like. "Yes, I do wish to speak to you." he says. He opens his mouth, intending to ask her to move. To his amazment, his lips say something else. "The storm is coming. We both have seen it, both perhaps better than anyone else who could. Do we seek the source, oh beloved sister?"
The warrior looses his usally calm expression, his emotions moving from shock to fear to anger to confusion. Finally they settle on anger. "What the hell was that, dragon?! What did you do to me?"
His double Trident is in his hands, twirling like a quarterstaff. "Tell me!" he shouts.

To err is human, to moo bovine.

Kalia_Majere
11/08/2001 5:31 AM

Glimmer started at the man's sudden anger. she straightened up to look at him more clearly. As she did sunlight struck the etched engraving on her center chest scale. A mark clearly seen as the marked symbol of Paladine himself.

"I tell you this Sir Knight...I did nothing to you... I am Known as Glimmer to most, Crystalamira to some, and Kalia Majere to others. You have had the same dream...the Storm...I can see it in your eyes." She closed her large Golden eyes for a moment then turned her head away towards the east for the barest moment, then turned back to Joero.

"If this form bothers you Sir Knight...I will gladly change it...." she said softly, folding her huge Feathered wings at her sides."If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

Ontarys
11/08/2001 8:03 AM

Taryis was intruged by what was going on before him. the startling outburst was somewhat disturbing however. He was pretty sure the dragon could take of herself. All he was concerned about was.............what was going on, how where they having the same dream? Stepping out of the shadows he announced his presence. "Pardon my interruption, but i'd like to know whats going on too." giving a questioning glance to glimmer, he awaited their response.The magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

Kalia_Majere
11/08/2001 9:49 AM

Glimmer turned towards Taryis. She lowered her head in greeting, gently touching his shoulder with her chin. She grinned, for she had felt his presence, if only for the breifest moment.

"I do not know my friend..." she said softly "this dream...something is going to happen....something big""If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

Furanthas
11/08/2001 3:35 PM

Furanthas awoke with his arms crossed before his face as if blocking some invisible blow. Sweat beeds dripped down his face one falling upon his lips, he tasted the bitter salt and was suddenly aware that his mouth was parched worse than the abyss. Reaching his arm out he knocked over a couple empty bottles before he found one still a quarter full, bringing the bottle to his lips he drank deeply of the fowl tasting spirits. As the burning sensation hit him the memory of his dream replayed through his mind, he couldn't help but feel pulled towards some force. Taking another swig of the dwarvin brew he grunted and sat up to find he had a splitting headache. Fighting the pain he stood and looked about the room, People were passed out every where. One person was even sleeping hanging out a window, seeing this brought a quiet laugh from Fury. Grabing his green cloak he walked outside into the sunshine, which stung his eyes and made him look away for a moment. After his eyes adjusted he began walking out of the small town. Upon entering a wooded area he closed his eyes and spoke the words of change, a cloud of black seemed to invelope Furanthas covering every inch of his body. The cloud began to spread and grow in mass eventually becoming as big as a house, trees bent as the cloud pressed against them. As quickly as the cloud had come it dissapered leaving behind a massive silver/gold dragon strecthing its massive wings which caught the sunlight and reflected it back upon the shady forest banishing all but the best hidden shadows. Furanthas looked upon his second favourite form with pride and leapt into the air swooping his wings and catching an up draft. He glided softly till he was high enough then dove to build up some speed, banking hard he turned towards the town he had just left. Spotting the house he had crashed at last night he drove his mighty wings into the air and bulleted towards it, at the very last moment he pulled up leaving a wave of air moving at some where around 180mph to ripp the roof right of the house. Furanthas didn't even look back to see the damage he had more important things to do like visit some old friends and discuss this eerie dream."Power comes with Discipline. Love comes with faith. It is up to you for which you'll wait."

starlite4774
11/08/2001 3:56 PM

Star looked at their new companions. It was obvious they had all had the same experience...vision? She frowned. What had really happened? She adopted a thoughtful expression and pondered the situation. Her brother saw this expression and laughed.

"Come on, let's go back to the Inn," Drache said, yawning. "I'm bored."

Star ignored him and turned to the assembled companions. "There must be a reason we all felt...what we felt. Some connection. There may be others. If we are to figure out this...vision...we should find all who felt it and find out about each other. A link may become clear..." Suddenly feeling stupid, she stopped talking. Drache snorted and pulled at her wing.

"Come on," he whined. She yanked back and glared at him.

"This isn't something we can ignore," she practically roared. Her brother backed a step and shrugged, his eyes wide.

"Fine, little sister...I will go along with this...for now," he glared back at her, and if looks could kill, the twins would have annailated each other. Tension mounted in the air, broken only when Star shuddered. She felt a presense...and for some reason a picture of crystal floated in her mind. Frowning once again, she turned to the companions and asked in any of them had any sort of plan. Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

TolkaninFaznin
11/08/2001 3:59 PM

"Mizinkaw seems to think there's someone, or soemthing, else nearby. Does anyone know who exactly the vision went to?" Saryn asked."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Furanthas
11/08/2001 5:49 PM

As the wind wipped past his scaled maw Furanthas thought to himself, had the dream been of mind magic? was it a prophecy, a coming of great evil. These thoughts were begining to over come his concentration when he noticed two blues on the horizon. Furanthas knew many blues and wasn't intimidated easily, he cast a haste spell and within moments he was right between them. Despelling the haste he looked to both of them and in dragon he spoke.

" Good evening friends! I hope you don't mind me flying with you? Say you haven't felt any weird magics lately have you?" At this Furanthas's expression turned serious. "Power comes with Discipline. Love comes with faith. It is up to you for which you'll wait."

thistledown
11/08/2001 5:54 PM

"No, but I think we should follow your griffon. May I, lady dragon?" Timesplit asks as he approaches the blue.

"Of course" the dragon replies as he climbs aboard.Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

Ontarys
11/09/2001 5:58 AM


"I do not know my friend..." she said softly "this dream...something is going to happen....something big"


Taryis chuckeld as he pondered this statement. "Since when have we ever been together and somthing big wasnt happening?" The smile left his face however as he asked her quietly "Do you have any idea why this is happening?"The magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

thistledown
11/09/2001 9:58 AM

(OOC: Um, treat my post and Furanthus's as switched.)Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

starlite4774
11/09/2001 1:50 PM

((OOC: Um...? I must've missed when the griffon came in...))

Star shifted as Timesplit climbed and sat between her wings. She didn't mind the weight but flying with a passenger would be a new experience. She looked up at the silver/gold dragon. He was beautiful, scales shimmering, his expression somber. She bowed to him, respecting her obvious elder. Drache, on the other hand, launched himself his enemy.

"No!" Star cried between clenched teeth. She clamped down on her twin with a magical hold. Though he was stronger, she was better at her natural craft and had the advantage of surprise. Her twin twisted and they both cried out in pain as he beat against his bonds.

[Stop it!!] she cried to him. The words did not go through, but the feeling could not have been clearer. [Don't ruin this for me...]

To her great surprise, Drache stopped struggling and gazed into the violet eyes that mirrored his own. [Please...] she pleaded. He didn't answer and she could feel his seething inner-conflict. She trembled and let him go. She was going to lose him, she realized suddenly, someday she was going to lose him forever...her twin...

His cold gaze shook her mind and soul. Did he not care? Should she care? Was he really...evil?

Shaking, she took off. "Where to?" she muttered, hiding her tears. Drache watched her go, and only when she was too far to see, let his anguish show.Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

Furanthas
11/09/2001 2:23 PM

Seeing the male twin make an advance towards him, Furanthas reared his scaled head back taking in a deep breath he waited. He saw the struggle between sister and brother and felt some what guilty for provoking a stare down, but when Star leapt into the air and her brother remained Fury relaxed escorting the female and her passenger. Turning his head to her he asked out load in a regal tone.

" I'm sorry for any strife I have started between you and your kin. I didn't realize he had a hatred for other dragons. Nice to meet you timesplit." As he said this he bowed his head slightly in show of friendship. "Power comes with Discipline. Love comes with faith. It is up to you for which you'll wait."

TolkaninFaznin
11/09/2001 4:44 PM

((ooc; Mizinkaw is the Gryphon that Saryn rides))

Saryn checked her bag as Mizinkaw flexed his wings. Bronagh growled, but was otherwise alright. Then, Mizinkaw took to the sky and took the lead, following his senses to where he felt another great presence . . ."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/10/2001 2:19 PM

Joero looks in suspicion at Glimmer. He trusted Paladine not an inch more than he trusted Takhisis, Knight or not. But her words had the ring of truth...
He frowns at her and her newly arrived companion. "So you two have dreamed the same dream as I have? The...storm. Sweeping all. I saw, me and...swept away, all of it!" he shivers, then regains his compusure, again angry. This strength of emotion was not what he was used too by a far shot.
"You a mage?" he asks Taryis. "Do you know of any...compulsions for multiple dreams?"
To err is human, to moo bovine.

Ontarys
11/11/2001 3:39 PM

"Yes, I do remeber an instance some time ago when a kender told me of a story of this happening to them. A dragon named cyan bloodbane was involved, it nearly destroyed silvanesti; think it was a dream by lorac, an elf. However there must be some strong force behind this and im not sure of who................or what that could be. I think it could either be a warning of coming danger or a threat of some sort."

Taryis pondered these new thoughts as well as the apprehension of joero, he was sure he knew more than he was letting on, there must be a reason for his not telling all he knew of the situation. He decided he wait it out and see what would come of it.The magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

TolkaninFaznin
11/11/2001 4:25 PM

"Are you sure they will know what's going on?" Saryn asked as Mizinkaw made his descent to the beautiful crystal dragon and two other figures. Saryn craned around in her seat and waved to the others."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Kalia_Majere
11/11/2001 9:25 PM

Glimmer heard the rush of feathered wings and looked up. "ho there!" She called out in greeting....then as an after thought, she shifted her form to her human one. She felt that she was gathering too much attention.

Kalia smiled, and hugged Tayris impuslively. "it's good to see you again...even under such ominous sircumstances." She turned her Gold eyes to Saryn and brushed her silvery-white hair away from her face.

"greetings friend...what brings you here?" she asked as she held her Crystal Magius staff."If you don't fight for the precious things that you desire, people will take them away from you."

-Touga Kiriuu, student council president (revoulutionary girl Utena #5-Sunlit garden-finale)

TolkaninFaznin
11/11/2001 10:58 PM

"A dream we've all shared, and were wondering if you knew anything about. . . Mizinkaw felt your presence and brought us here." She said, patting the Gryphon's head. He myrrrd.

Bronagh leapt from the bag, bushy tail and all, stopped to hiss at Mizinkaw, and then hid behind Kalia."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Kalia_Majere
11/12/2001 9:44 AM

Kalia smiled and held out an arm to the cat that hid behind her. "well there...Hello.." she said kindly, as it ran up her arm to perch delicatly on her shoulder.

"we too have had this dream...but as to its meaning we are still unclear."shoiri-"you must hate me for what I've done..."

Jury- "yes I hate you...but only because I no longer have the ability to tell you how I feel"

(Revolutionary Girl Utena #7-Unfulfilled Jury)

Ontarys
11/12/2001 10:21 AM

Taryn stood silently as he watched the cat. *what in the abyss is going on here?*

OOC: just tryin to keep up. ummmmmmm where are we going from here?The magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

TolkaninFaznin
11/12/2001 11:26 AM

Saryn slid off of Mizinkaw's back and approached the others. "I'm Sarynestilanti, by the way. The coward . . .I'm sory, cat," She joked, "Is Bronagh, and my Gryphon is Mizinkaw. Does anyone know of someone who would possibly know any answers . . .""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

thistledown
11/12/2001 5:29 PM

(OOC: I guess we wait for ghost)Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/13/2001 5:57 AM

Joero smiles sadly at the small group that had assembelled. "So my brothers and sisters are almost united once more. Ages have passed....but our enemy awaits still. So let us hurry and get the last of our ancient family, for I fear we do not have long."
The Knight's expression changes back to its regular hardness. He looks at the new arrivals with only marginaly less trust than the old ones. After a while he notices them looking at him oddly. "What?" he protests. "I didn't say anything!"Twice and twice shall he be named, and once shall he come, and thrice shall he eat, and twice shall he run to the bathroom- Verse I, The Prophecies of the Coming of Joe.

TolkaninFaznin
11/13/2001 6:09 AM

Bronagh walks up to Joero and rubs up against his leg, purring."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/14/2001 11:00 AM

Joero absently leans down and pets the cat while still looking at the others looking at him oddly.Twice and twice shall he be named, and once shall he come, and thrice shall he eat, and twice shall he run to the bathroom- Verse I, The Prophecies of the Coming of Joe.

Furanthas
11/19/2001 4:41 PM

Furanthas has been silently waiting as the group assembled, exchanging pleasentry's and introductions. He saw the sturn expression on joe's face and wondered what could have brought such concern to one so normally joyous.
Moving to stand next to joe Fury spoke calmly.

"So my friend what is it that brings us together?.""Power comes with Discipline. Love comes with faith. It is up to you for which you'll wait."

starlite4774
11/19/2001 5:14 PM

((OOC: Furanthas!!!!!! Are we letting Green Star Rising die????? hehe. Where ya been? :) Come on people!! Someone figure out where this is going. :P))

Star looked up and locked eyes with Fury. "I was wondering the same thing..." she muttered.

Behind her, Drache rolled his violet eyes.

Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

thistledown
11/20/2001 12:34 AM

(OOC: I hope this is ok Joe, but we need to get moving here)

"I think it's safe to say we all had similar visions of a terible storm to come," Timesplit said. "Now, the question is, where is it coming from, and what can we do to stop it?"

"I do not know why, but I feel that perhaps an answer could be found in Godshome. Perhaps we should start by traveling there. The other option I can think of is to speak with Astinus of Palanthas. Either way, I think we need to act quickly. I'm not sure how much time we have."Free the flame and sear the grasses,
Till the dawning Red Star passes.

Joe_Ghostbuster
11/20/2001 8:32 AM

OOC: Sure, thistle...i'm trying (subtly) to actually be a minor character here, since I just like the idea and don't have the paitence to go with it. Also, Furanthus, suprising as it may be, this isn't Joe in disguise. This is actually somone else, with a similiarity of names.
Joero looks at Timesplit with a bit of nervousness. "Godshome? Thats...thats a very powerful place. Maybe it should be better to visit Astinius." his voice regains power as this idea comes to the fore. "Yes, we will go to Astinius. The incarnation of Gilean will certainly know about this. Maybe the...dragon will take us."

Twice and twice shall he be named, and once shall he come, and thrice shall he eat, and twice shall he run to the bathroom- Verse I, The Prophecies of the Coming of Joe.

Kalia_Majere
11/20/2001 10:22 AM

OOC: I cant remember!! Astinius is in Palanthas right???))

Kalia turned, and glanced at each person in turn. "Astinius huh?...Alright then..."

Kalia walked away from the group, so that she would have enough room to return to her normal form without harming somone.

Seconds later Glimmer stood beside the group, her feathered wings folded at her sides. Glimmer lowered her head to be level with the group. "If everyone agrees...then Astinius it is...the record keeper of both past and present will surely know of this...."

She crouched low to the ground, so that it would be easier for whomever was going to climb aboard.True magic is withing all of us...Magic of life, love, and mind. The question is...do you have the courage to find it?

Blessed Be

Ontarys
11/20/2001 11:15 AM

OOC: not sure where this is going. this thread could be interesting, i'll come back to it when it starts to show signs of moving along.

Taryis replied "There is much to be done. I have somthing i must do first. If I am needed all you have to do is say my name and I will be there."

He set a small crystaline jewel on the claw of glimmer as he vanished in an instant.The magic of the mind is within you all. Do you have the power to harness it?

starlite4774
11/20/2001 3:50 PM

"Astinius?" Star said, trying to hide her excitement and failing. "Oh..."

Following Glimmer's example, she bent down and motioned for someone to climb aboard. Drache glared at her and stayed upright.

"By the way, if any of you missed it, I'm Star and this is, unfortunatly, my twin Drache." She returned his glare with a passion. Good becomes ignorant.
Evil turns on itself.
The Balance must be maintained.

TolkaninFaznin
12/10/2001 7:15 AM

Frightened by the sudden increase in large creatures, Bronagh high-tailed it to her master's bag and disappeared in a blur of fur and growls. Saryn mounted Mizinkaw.

"I agree, Astinius would probably be our best bet at the moment. Mizinkaw can take one other if anyone's in need of a ride.""Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." -- Gimli, The Fellowship Of The Ring

"Those who support authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel." -- Silmarillion

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com