[VIEW FFRP FORUMS]
The RPG Consortium Free Form Roleplaying Forums Archives
Forums > General Roleplaying > Resident Evil: Warren City (OOC/Recruitment)

Surges_Blade
06/22/2005 12:39 PM

The Story:
Warren City, the once beautiful city is now home to millions of zombies. Three years after Umbrella Corporation moved in a virus got out. The T-Virus, capable of healing with unimaginable powers, but it harbors a dark side. It causes uncontrollable mutations, it kills brain cells and makes a person only a shell of what they are. If you are bitten or scratched by one of the zombies, you have two hours to live before the virus takes you. In a matter of days after the virus got over 3/4 of the city's population have turned into the living dead. Umbrella Corp. is trying to cover it up though, they've
sent in their soldiers to kill any survivors. Can you escape the city without infection?

The Setting:
Warren City is about the size of New York. It is an economic world center, so we are dealing with some pretty big buildings in the business section. It's pretty much a normal city, nothing too extravagant.

Mission:
To get out, of course. We need to get out without infection. We are also up against Umbrella Corp's top soldiers. Good luck, we'll need it.

A few rules:
1. This isn't some high class military mission. We are the few survivors fighting to get out of the city. This means we don't get AK-47's, we get 9mm and anything we can find on the ground on in a gun store.
2. No magic, this is modern day.
3. Normal laws of nature apply. There is gravity, there is inertia, there is death.
4. If you get infected you have to follow the rules. You have two hours to find an anti-virus (found only at the Umbrella Corp. Labs) or turn into a zombie.

So you think you can get out in one piece?
Name:
Age:
Marital Status:
Blood Type:
Occupation:
Description:
History:

Here is mine.
Name: Karl Towers
Age: 21
Marital Status: Engaged
Blood Type: A
Occupation: CSI Agent
Description: 5'11", medium build, brown eyes, black hair, glasses, and tan skin
History: Karl moved to Warren City at age 12. After college he purposed to his high school sweet heart and got a job in the Warren City Crime Scene Investigation. He was 19 when Umbrella moved in. After the virus got out he lost his wife, parents, and younger siblings to the T-Virus.

Flark
06/22/2005 1:13 PM

Sounds fun.

Okay, here's my character...

Name: Raymond Flark

Age: 45

Marital Status: Divorced

Blood Type: A-

Height : 6'2"

Occupation: Car salesman

Description: Raymond is big strong guy regardless of his age. He has black curly hair and a beard, both of which are going slightly grey. He has always been a heavy drinker, a gambler, and a bit of a womaniser. He's also had quite a few clashes with the law over the years.

EDIT
Oops. I was so busy picking on Draco's character, I failed to notice my own error making Raymond 10 years older than I'd intended! :D We'll get there eventually.

He's 45, not 55.


[Edited by Flark on Friday, June 24, 2005 9:37 AM]

Draco
06/22/2005 3:05 PM

I am a big fan of resident evil so I will join. But hope u don't mind I hate guns so my person will be using a sword.

Name: Hiro Hiroshima
Age: 25
Marital Status: signal
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Blood Type: OB+
Occupation: None
Description: You average guy. Average built.
History: Hiro used to work for umbrella but after what they were planning he left. They knew he would tell. So they hunted him for years in secret. Hiro has taken out many Umbrella Corp top agents. But the day before the incident in Raccoon City the got him and started working on him as an experiment. After they got done with the experiments they trained me in sword fighting. They gave me a sword made from the hardest metal ever. They tried to control me like the thought they could control the T-virus but they were wrong. My mind stayed in touch perfectly. I got a way from them but when the virus opened up again I stayed hidden as one of their guards.


(hope u don't mind what I put. that a little better What I ment was they did experiments on him like they did on alace in the movies, but they weren't able to work on his mind like they were on alice. thats what I mean and sorry for the confusion. Oh I ment to put avrage guy not kid lol sorry.)

[Edited by Draco on Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:19 AM]

[Edited by Draco on Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:20 PM]

Surges_Blade
06/22/2005 5:42 PM

Welcome aboard Hiro. Sure you can use a sword, could you do a backstory on how you got the sword. Could you descibe yourself a bit better? Height, eye color, hair color, stuff like that.

Flark
06/23/2005 8:42 AM


Name: Hiro Hiroshima
Age: 20
Marital Status: signal
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Blood Type: OB+
Occupation: None
Description: You average kid. Average built.
History: Hiro used to work for umbrella but after what they were planning he left. They knew he would tell. So they hunted him for years in secret. Hiro has taken out many Umbrella Corp top agents. But the day before the incident in Raccoon City the got him and started working on him as an experiment. After they got done with the experiments they trained me in sword fighting. They gave me a sword made from the hardest metal ever. They tried to control me like the thought they could control the T-virus but they were wrong. My mind stayed in touch perfectly. I got a way from them but when the virus opened up again I stayed hidden as one of their guards.

Draco, please don't think that I'm critisising your character just for the sake of it, because I really like your idea of having him being a former Umbrella worker. I think that'll make the plot quite interesting.

My only concern is, you describe him as 'your average kid' who is only 20 years old, yet he has worked for Umbrella. Surely he would have had to have had previous scientific experience or have a good few years of colledge study and a science degree behind him to get such a job. I doubt Umbrella would be stupid enough to let 'your average kid' know all about their top secret information.

Not only this, but then you claim that he left Umbrella Corp and has since been hunted by them for 'years'! Killing many of their top agents!

Then he gets captured by Umbrella, where they experiment on his mind and give him specialist sword training, yet his mind stays perfectly in touch and he somehow escapes! All this from 'your average kid' of 20 years old!

Somehow I think you got a little carried away there friend.

Either adjust your background to fit an average kid of 20 years old, or change him into a renegade Umbrella special agent of at least 25 years of age, to make such a background at all plausible.

[Edited by Flark on Thursday, June 23, 2005 8:52 AM]

Flandrake
06/23/2005 12:03 PM

Name: Ash Meier
Age: 29
Sex: Male
Martial Status: Married
Blood Type: AB
Occupation: Lieutenant in the Warren City Police Department (W.C.P.D.)
Equipment: Kevlar vest, Remington Shotgun, nine-millimeter pistol, 24 shotgun rounds, 36 .9mm bullets, flashlight, and 6 inch (blade) knife.
Height: 6'
Weight: 190
Build: Muscular but not bulky.
Short History: Ash always had an interest in criminal dealings. He joined the police force while he was in college and then when he was 22 he went on full time. He married his girlfriend of 2 years soon afterwards. And then three years later they moved to Warren City where is wife, Rachel, was opening a restaurant with an old college friend.

After a year, Umbrela moved in. Around this time Ash and Rachel had a child, James. In general Umbreal hadn't had much affect on Ash or Rachel, that is until the outbreak. Since the outbreak Ash hasn't seen his wife or his son.

Question: How long has it been since the outbreak? A week? A few days?

And Draco, I agree with Flark.

Surges_Blade
06/23/2005 1:43 PM


Question: How long has it been since the outbreak? A week? A few days?

The story starts off four days after the outbreak.

Tamachi
06/24/2005 2:28 AM

Hell, Ill join... What could be boring about killing a bunch of zombies whose only desire is to make you one of them, eh?

Name: Garreth Johnson

Age: 21

Marital Status: Single

Blood Type: O-

Occupation: Gun Store Employee/Owner

Description: He's pretty normal as far as clothes go, some loose fit worn jeans that drag the ground a bit over his K-Swiss shoes, and for a shirt he wears a white muscle shirt underneath a long sleeve shirt, which is white as well. Over this he wears a Kevlar tac vest. He normally keeps the sleeves rolled up, and on his left wrist he has a band that holds five rounds to his rifle, the rifle itself holding four, which is slung over his shoulder and back unless being used.

On each hip he has a Glock 45 holstered, each carrying magazines that hold fifteen hollow point rounds. Hes got six extra clips, four on his tac vest and one behind each pistol holster. Also on his vest are ten rounds slid into slots for his rifle. He wears a beanie on his head that mashes down the hair that goes a little past his ears, though his blue eyes are still visible as he keeps the bangs trimmed.

History: Well he's had a pretty normal life, save that he has always been familiar with guns. From a very early age his father, the previous owner of the Gun Shop where he works, has taught how to use guns, him being an ex-Marine sniper. Growing up he never did all that well in school, often skipping to stay home with his dad and work at the shop. His mother died when he was only five, and his dad always enjoyed the company, so he didnt mind him staying home. He dropped out of school when he was around sixteen so he could work in the shop full time, making him an expert at the function and repair of most any firearms, as well as the use of such, making full use of the firing range...

When the outbreak occurred him and his father were both outside, managing to get back to the shop, but to no avail. While they barred the door shut, it cost his father his life in the process. Thankfully the shop had became their home over the years, and so he was able to make it out pretty well, but his beginning to get bored. Sniping them off from a distance atop his roof is no longer any fun, and he's been thinking of leaving for some time, even got a bag full of ammo ready to go, should be decide to...

Yeah, Flark may find this character suspiciously familiar, eh Flark?

Hey Flandrake, just to make sure, your car hasnt passed by yet... I was planning on trying to stop yours if and when it does come by. Just clearing up in case it wasnt already clear...

[Edited by Tamachi on Friday, June 24, 2005 3:11 AM]

Flark
06/24/2005 9:46 AM


Yeah, Flark may find this character suspiciously familiar, eh Flark?

Hmm, he does bear a slight resemblance to a certain marine sniper in another RP somewhere? But hell, why not? Ripkins rocks! ;)

Tamachi
06/24/2005 9:51 AM

Aye, that he does... For the time being, that is, as long as nothing starts coming out of his chest, eh?

Flark
06/24/2005 10:20 AM

Well we'll see what we can do about that then... :D

Flandrake
06/25/2005 9:13 PM

Draco, if a character could just enter the city easily do you think the people would be hanging around 4 days after the outbreak? Hell no! They would save who they could but basically run away and get a call for the army to come in.

Girl riding bike to get away from zombies...wow...I mean, wow...



Hey Flandrake, just to make sure, your car hasnt passed by yet... I was planning on trying to stop yours if and when it does come by. Just clearing up in case it wasnt already clear...


Well Ash still has his car stopped the others would have kept going.

_Anubis_
06/28/2005 1:49 AM

Little warning I guess, I love guns, so if at some point I get a bit carried away and find like an M4 carbine in a hotel room, bring me back to reality please.

Name: Alexander Kerensky
Age: 36
Marital Status: Single
Bloodtype: AB+
Occupation: Unoccupied
Description: Steriotypical Russian, borwn hair, large beard, brown eyes, tall, about 6" 8', broad shoulders, not particularly muscular, slight limp in right leg, a bit overreactive at times.
Short histor: Alexander Kerensky is a native Russian who had lived in the mother land until just recently, when he moved to what he hoped would be an uneventful small town. He was a former Russian police officer until he was fired for brutality. The Russians aren't as strict in their police restraint as the Americans, but what Kerensky did was bad enough to have him loose his job. He is not yet a legal U.S. citizen, if killed, he will not be missed having all relations left behind in Europe and Asia. He always has one weapon on him at all times, whether it be a simple pocket knife or an illegaly carrid firearm (does not have a gun permit and is not a citizen).

Flandrake
06/28/2005 7:01 PM

If someone wants us trapped in the mall now would be the time to send in enough enemies to send us there for safety. Feel free to take control of the other van and other two squad cars if need be.

Draco
06/29/2005 8:50 AM


Girl riding bike to get away from zombies...wow...I mean, wow...



she had a gun and she was left in the city with her father but her fother got bitten and she shot him, and all of the cars around her were broken down from the zombis so all she had was the bike but don't worrie she probly wont make it out of the city

Flandrake
06/29/2005 9:28 PM

Maybe saying that and giving her a bit more of a backstory in your first posts would have made things better. Or saying that you would explain it later in game would be better.

she had a gun


Care to explain that?

_Anubis_
06/30/2005 12:33 AM

Maybe she stole it? Or maybe found it? I played that resident evil survivor game, and some of the places you find guns at are weird...and kinda creepy at times...

Draco
06/30/2005 8:33 AM

No her and her dad were fighting off the zombies thats how she had the gun, well any way her is a quick profile of her.

Name: Akura
Age: 17
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Hight: 5' 6"
Weight: 110
Body: Slim

Flark
06/30/2005 10:43 AM


[Draco]
Hiro quicly ranu to the car Ash was in on his way he was slashing the zombies to shreds. "Hey wait up I need your help."

Can we leave him behind, guys? PLEASE...

_Anubis_
06/30/2005 3:15 PM


Feel free to take control of the other van and other two squad cars if need be.


Hell Flark, you could say that the van and other two cars couldn't see her if you wanted. And Flandrake already said his car was full.

Flark
07/01/2005 9:46 AM

Nah, sadly I'm only a mere passenger in this RP (and the van). I shan't be assuming control of any of that. I'll leave it to Surges_Blade or Flandrake.

Although I will try to offer much encouragement for us all to speed off and leave the zombies to feast merrily.

EDIT

I should probably mention I'll be away this weekend.

Don't try anything 'funny', Draco! ;)

[Edited by Flark on Saturday, July 9, 2005 10:51 AM]

Flandrake
07/01/2005 8:38 PM


I should probably mention I'll be away this weekend.


Hey you have the russian, Alexi, sitting next to Raymond, you'll be fine!

Draco, what kind of sword is Hiro using?

Flandrake
07/06/2005 1:02 PM

How long do you guys want me to wait for Draco to post? Ash is still waiting for Hiro to respond but I don't want the thread to freeze up because of one person who couldn't post for whatever reason.

Tamachi
07/06/2005 6:08 PM

Well... A bullet could *accidentally* ricochet off of a piece of metal and land squarely in his head... I mean, accidents do happen, right?

Draco
07/06/2005 7:19 PM


Well... A bullet could *accidentally* ricochet off of a piece of metal and land squarely in his head... I mean, accidents do happen, right?


hahahaha yeah you would like that wouln't you. Hiro is useing a samurai sword. oh yeah sorry for the spelling but I am not that good at it and I don't have much time to use a spell checker. And sorry for the post I am not that good at rpg the only one I am good at is my flare city and the ones me and my friend dracon do on yahoo messanger.

oh yeah I was on vecation so thats why I wasn't on

[Edited by Draco on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 7:25 PM]

Flandrake
07/06/2005 9:25 PM


Hiro is useing a samurai sword.


First off, a little rhyme that may help you with future words, "Drop the 'E' add '-ing'." Second samurai sword is not a type of sword, I could go into a long explination but I won't waste my time; I'm going to guess you mean katana, if not, too bad.



oh yeah sorry for the spelling but I am not that good at it and I don't have much time to use a spell checker.


I just timed myself and took less than thirty seconds to copy my post, open microsoft word, do spell check, and paste it back on the RPGC. I even waited a few seconds during the spell check thing so I could add time to the whole thing. Now time would obviously grow based on how long the posts are and how many mistakes you make. Max, I don't think it would take any longer than a minute. So what your saying is you don't have sixty seconds to make your posts easier to read and a better RPer.

And something on the RP section of the board:


(He yelled to the one that asked for shelter)


Now, here is the post you made from which my character Ash responded to:


The Mall." Hiro yelled out. "I have scaned the place and there is no way zombies can get in. Oh yeah for the help I need a place to hide for some time and I thought you were going to a place and I have a young girl with thats became an orphan."


There is no division aside from 'Hiro yelled out' which was put in between your response to Tamachi's character. Then you go straight in to talking about help. Now just reading that it appears your yelling the whole time. I know you weren't yelling at Ash, my point was in pointing out your poorly written dialogue.

Example of something that would have been better: "The mall!" Hiro yelled to Garreth," I have scanned the place and there is no wat zombies can get in," he then turned his head back to Ash, "Oh yeah, for the help, I need a place to hide for some time and I thought you were going to place and I have a young girl with me that has become an orphan."

(Note: I did not edit what you put in quotation marks aside from punctuation. In my opinion, however, what Hiro said should be edited.)

And that is completely ignoring the fact that Hiro scanned the mall. When did he do this? From all your other posts Hiro has been some distance away from the police and showed up behind them.

Thus having me assume he was no where near the mall at any time except perhaps before the accident. Which wouldn't hold any merit to whether it was safe or not and as a trained agent Hiro would know that.

[Edited by Flandrake on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 9:48 PM]

Flark
07/07/2005 9:19 AM

It's unfortunate, Flandrake, but I feel you're probably wasting your time trying to help someone who doesn't really want to learn.

Draco, why do you think we either wanted to leave your character behind, or wanted him killed?

I'll tell you why. It's because we all know you put absolutely no effort into your post what so ever. The less effort you put in, the more we all have to put in to try to interact with you. It's actually hard work reading your posts and trying to decipher what the fuck's meant to be going on! I can accept that not everyone's good at writing, but I am positive that if you spent a bit more time with your spelling, and actually read what you have written, then your posts could be greatly improved. I am becoming quite sick of feeling like I am wasting my time here, when you so obviously don't care about this RP.

I'm asking you nicely now. Please spend a bit more time when posting here. I know this is not my thread and I can't stop you posting here, but IF THIS CONTINUES, ONE OF US WILL BE LEAVING.

Oh and Flandrake...

"Did you see that guy, he slashes zombies up repeatedly!

Nice one! I guess my time here hasn't been totally wasted after all, that one had me in stitches. :D

Draco
07/07/2005 7:22 PM

I am sorry for the inconvenience that I have PUT you all through. But I not good at grammar either. I now the rules of spelling but were I live at messes up my comp so for me to open up a program could take 1-5minutes or even longer. I just have a hard time coming here. I will try to be better at my post. But if I not doing any better in two days I will fucking leave.

Tamachi
07/07/2005 8:57 PM

Alright, Ill give you a very useful tip Draco...

Go to Google and download there toolbar, which contains a spell check thing on it, that why you dont have to switch between windows. Thats what I do, and yes I know it might take awhile because I operate on a 20 KBS connection if Im lucky, so theres no excuse for that...

Just try to be as detailed as possible. I want to be able to understand and see what picture your words are trying to paint, but its a little hard right now. Also, try and be as realistic as possible. Could someone really be able to kill that many zombies without getting bitten with only the aid of a sword?

Flark
07/08/2005 3:17 AM

Draco, it's good to hear that you are at least going to TRY to improve your posts. That is all I was asking for really. Also, I think that your last post was probably your best so far, so hopefully you can keep this up now and maybe even keep improving some more.

That was a good tip about using Google, given to you by Tamachi. I sometimes do that myself and should have really thought to say about it. Sorry. I also use a standard dictionary or thesaurus sometimes, which you could use if your internet is really that slow. The more you get used to using them, the quicker and easier it becomes to find what you are looking for. Also with these, you can double check that the word actually has the correct meaning you wanted, and with the thesaurus you can find similar words which may be more appropriate.

You do seem to have quite a good imagination, but that is no good if you cannot get your visions or ideas across to the other players. Tamachi also gave you another good tip, remember to keep it real.

Good luck, Draco.

Flandrake
07/08/2005 1:31 PM

I think we need to figure out a direction for this thread to take. Surges_Blade hasn't posted in a while and he may have left for good or he can't get to the computer.

Anyways, does anyone have ideas about where they want the thread to go? To give you some ideas:

1. Find some way to send a message to the outside and then wait it out. The message could be over heard by Umbrela and they could start sending men in. And then we could talk from there.

2. We find something in the building linking evidence to Umbrela and leave to find out if this is true.

3. There is a massive attack on the safe house and the zombies manage to break through causing people to flee everywhere. The player characters end up together and we find some way to escape/send for help etc.

4. The safe house is an umbrela office building and the player characters find a secret path and because of an attack they choose to take their chances down the tunnel and end up in a lab, the path back being blocked. They must fight their way through the lab and get to the escape platforms.

One of the reasons I didn't describe the safe house that much was because it doesn't seem like we know where to go from here and we could get some good plot drivers there if we wanted and depending on what the building was.

So, what do you guys think/what are your ideas?

Flark
07/08/2005 2:40 PM

I agree Flandrake, I fear this RP may become stale unless we can come up with a good idea. Surges_Blade hasn't posted in quite a long time now, and he hasn't left us with any instruction as to where this is leading.

I think all of your above ideas are really good. I know you were just asking for opinions or more ideas really, but anyone of those would suffice. I feel someone really needs to take control here, and if you want to, you definately get my vote? Therefore why don't you surprise us, which would be more interesting I feel.

Tamachi
07/08/2005 2:52 PM

Personally I like ideas three and four, just because theres more zombies to kill and alot more action. Possibly a mesh of all of them maybe?

An attack on our safehouse, an Umbrella office building, forces us down into a lab, and once there we have to find our way out. The lab has its own power supply and we try to make contact with the outside world. Umbrella detects it, and they send men in and activate the self defense mechanisms within the lab...

Just an idea, Im trying to get this thing moving... It seems like every thread I join dies, except the Aliens one, which Ive got to hurry up and reply to, lol...

Flark
07/08/2005 3:14 PM

Yes I think we probably could successfully combine all of those ideas together. Nice one Tamachi! Im looking forward to this now.


It seems like every thread I join dies, except the Aliens one, which Ive got to hurry up and reply to, lol...

And there was me thinking I was going to have to get my whip out again! :D

Flandrake
07/08/2005 8:42 PM

Ah okay, so a combo it shall be. So the safe is an Umbrela office building, no labs people. It probably dealt with advertising and statistics of bussiness and such. So you'll see the logo here and there.

And personally I think we should give our characters several hours at the safe house for some character development, now that they have a moment to rest.

Flark
07/09/2005 10:57 AM


no labs people.

Are we not having the lab hidden under the office building? I agree with having the rest time for character development, but surely it would be fun to eventually find an entrance to the lab?

Flandrake
07/09/2005 4:01 PM


Are we not having the lab hidden under the office building? I agree with having the rest time for character development, but surely it would be fun to eventually find an entrance to the lab?


I just meant in the main building there were no labs. And I thought the secret path would lead to labs away from the office building not directly under it. But either way works I guess.

UGA_fan33
07/09/2005 6:28 PM

I really am a big fan of RE, and I like the story line going on here. So, I think Im going to join for the fun of hit, that is if you guys let me in. Yea so heres my character.



Name:Kenneth Jake Smith (KJ)
Age:28
Marital Status: Divorced
Blood Type: A-
Occupation: Personal Trainer
Description:6'0, short and muscular build, thick legs, blue eyes, buzz cut,light brown hair about 250 pounds

History: KJ used to be a SWAT officer for Warren City. He was convicted for murder when his partner, Michael Harpson was mysteriously killed. KJ knew who the killer was, but no one believed him. He was found not-guilty due to not enough evidence. His wife filed a divorce after she heard he was convicted. KJ got posession of his daughter Natilie. KJ quit the force after having another partner killed in action. He then went applied for a job at the Warren City Global Gym.

[Edited by UGA_fan33 on Saturday, July 9, 2005 6:40 PM]

UGA_fan33
07/09/2005 6:31 PM


I just meant in the main building there were no labs. And I thought the secret path would lead to labs away from the office building not directly under it. But either way works I guess.


So there are labs?

oh and guys can you get my character into the RP too, if posible

Flandrake
07/10/2005 12:04 AM


So there are labs?


Not in the main building.


oh and guys can you get my character into the RP too, if posible


Only if you do your part.

Convicted means he was found guilty. So you need to fix that.


KJ knew who the killer was, but no one believed him.


Why not?



KJ got posession of his daughter Natilie.


That doesn't seem right. It seems the court would have given the child to the mother. I mean KJ was arrested for killing his partner even though he was found not guilty. And since he's a cop it means a SWAT it means a lot of odd hours and unstablity. SO if I were the judge I would give the kid to the mom.



His wife filed a divorce after she heard he was convicted.


Why? If she thought he did it then I really don't think she would let her daughter stay with him.

Flark
07/10/2005 8:28 AM


I just meant in the main building there were no labs. And I thought the secret path would lead to labs away from the office building not directly under it. But either way works I guess.

Sorry there Flandrake, I just misunderstood. Yeah, directly under, or through a secret path, both sound good to me.

Tamachi
07/10/2005 12:58 PM

Yeah, I like the ideas so far...

So we wait a couple of hours, allow for character development and such because we do need that, just so when we get into the labs our characters are more apt to do things for others...

After a couple of hours of rest we get mobbed, attack, possibly someone was bitten and didnt tell anyone maybe? Either way we'd have to have some reason to look for another exit, but that brings up another problem in a way...

What is this secret entrance going to look like? I mean, we would know it was linked to Umbrella by the symbols and such, but are we really going to try and find a secret entrance? I was thinking maybe an entrance from the undergound parking lot would work nicely, I mean a fenced out drive in that led to a more heavily gaurded door?

Once again, Im just trying to throw out ideas, I by no means want to take this thread over. If anything it should be Flandrake or Flark, or we could just work together to get it done. It is, after all, OUR thread, lol...

But yeah, Im back from my trip thingy so Ill be here to bounce ideas off of. You can always throw my a line on the e-mail thing here or whatever works, doesnt matter to me...

UGA_fan33
07/10/2005 1:55 PM


Only if you do your part.

Convicted means he was found guilty. So you need to fix that.


KJ knew who the killer was, but no one believed him.


Why not?



KJ got posession of his daughter Natilie.


That doesn't seem right. It seems the court would have given the child to the mother. I mean KJ was arrested for killing his partner even though he was found not guilty. And since he's a cop it means a SWAT it means a lot of odd hours and unstablity. SO if I were the judge I would give the kid to the mom.



His wife filed a divorce after she heard he was convicted.


Why? If she thought he did it then I really don't think she would let her daughter stay with him.



Ok, ok let me clear this up, I was in a rush yesterday so I screwed my character up badly, ok he wasnt convicted, um...he was accused! there we go, as for he knew who the killer was, he has a hunch, him and his partner have been tracking down this group of drug dealers, so he thinks and knows cuz his partner told him he was going out to the south side of Warren City to check things out, has for his wife filing a divorce, him and her didnt get a long and when he was accused that made things worse, so yea, and for possession of his daughter, lets chasnge tht and give it to his mom ok....there tht sums it up

oh and I will do my part in this RP trust me.

Tamachi
07/10/2005 2:00 PM

Easy Killer, damn... If you dont care delete the two extras of the post you just made, since theres now three, and two too many...

Im not really sure what ya did there, but once youve clicked the button and the status/load bar on your Internet Explorer window starts moving, dont click it again or that is what can happen...

No big though, just click the delete button on the two you dont want to keep. Im pretty sure they are all the same.

Tamachi
07/11/2005 10:44 PM

Alright, I asked Flark to do this for me, but since I found a little extra time I figure that I an just do it myself and save him the trouble...

Im goin on vacation, and wont be back til around Sunday. I posted my character to go exploring or whatever, that way you guys can continue without me until I return, and when I do I can find a way to jump in...

I hate it though, cause it was just finally getting interesting. Ill talk to yall then though, later. And thanks anyways Flark, lol...

Flandrake
07/12/2005 12:35 AM


Im goin on vacation, and wont be back til around Sunday. I posted my character to go exploring or whatever, that way you guys can continue without me until I return, and when I do I can find a way to jump in...


Alright, we'll wait for you to get back before we leave the safe house.

Flark
07/12/2005 11:53 AM

Hey Flandrake, I think someone wants you to open the door. ;)

Flandrake
07/12/2005 4:00 PM


Hey Flandrake, I think someone wants you to open the door. ;)


Perhaps...UGA, would you like me to play some survivors that set up some protection in the mall?

UGA_fan33
07/12/2005 4:48 PM


Perhaps...UGA, would you like me to play some survivors that set up some protection in the mall?


wait are you saying that as an idea, like asking me to set up survivors in the mall protection, or are mocking me and saying that in sarrowcasm?

Flandrake
07/12/2005 8:30 PM


wait are you saying that as an idea, like asking me to set up survivors in the mall protection, or are mocking me and saying that in sarrowcasm?


KJ ran into the mall. You said the area was blocked and such and that you saw a guy through some windows or something. I was asking you if you wanted me to play that guy and maybe some other survivors. It was just an honest question. So, do you want me to play some survivors that set themselves up in the mall?

UGA_fan33
07/13/2005 7:19 AM


KJ ran into the mall. You said the area was blocked and such and that you saw a guy through some windows or something. I was asking you if you wanted me to play that guy and maybe some other survivors. It was just an honest question. So, do you want me to play some survivors that set themselves up in the mall?


oh ok, yea you can do that, but that guy was supposed to be flarks character because, he posted that his character started to look around, be ne ways you can play that guy n some of the survivors if you want to, unless flark wants to open the door for me

Flark
07/13/2005 8:26 AM


oh ok, yea you can do that, but that guy was supposed to be flarks character because, he posted that his character started to look around, be ne ways you can play that guy n some of the survivors if you want to, unless flark wants to open the door for me

I sense much confusion here!

Firstly... it was Tamachi's character (Garreth) who went to look around. Tamachi informed us that he'll be away for the weekend, so you'll have to wait a little while longer for him to notice you! My character (Raymond) is sitting down filling out his registration form and couldn't possible notice you. Your best bet would have been to get one of Flandrake's police officers to help you out.

Secondly, and most importantly... we are not in the mall. We are in the safe house.

UGA_fan33
07/13/2005 10:37 AM


we are not in the mall. We are in the safe house.


Are you serious, then what was all this talk bout the safe house being the mall....now im really confused

Oh yea ur right i misread characters sorry flark, so yea that would be helpful if flandrake can let me in

but im still confused bout the safe house not being the mall after we talked bout it

Flark
07/13/2005 1:47 PM


Are you serious, then what was all this talk bout the safe house being the mall....now im really confused

Me too? I can't remember that? Who spoke to you about that? (was it in the OOC?which page?)

UGA_fan33
07/13/2005 5:24 PM

grrrr......I saw it in the RP pages the second page, nvm, ok I guess im wrong then....sorry for the inconvience guys, lets just forget this, and flandrake play survivors outside the mall please...lol sorry once again and lets continue on with the rp

Flandrake
07/13/2005 7:25 PM

I just remember the cars needing to take the detour near the mall (I did a little deus ex mackinaw in order to get Flark's character). We got him and I said the cars drove away to the safe house. And we also stated that the safe house was an Umbrela Office building. How it could be a mall and an office building I don't know.

Anyways, don't worry about the confusion. I'll play some guys in the mall...

Flark
07/14/2005 1:27 AM

If UGA's gonna be stuck in the mall, he's gonna get left behind and won't ever get to interact with the rest of our characters.

What do you guys think about this idea? Maybe Flandrake could send out another police patrol soon to rescue UGA and another or so of the mall survivors. They bring them back here to the safe house not realising thet one of them has been bitten. Therefore we could get a zombie infestation inside the safehouse leading to much fun and excitement for all?

Our main characters could even get trapped together inside a room or small part of the building, which could be when we find the tunnel/entrance to the secret labs.

Don't worry about telling me if this idea sucks. It's just an idea. :)

UGA_fan33
07/14/2005 8:43 AM


If UGA's gonna be stuck in the mall, he's gonna get left behind and won't ever get to interact with the rest of our characters.

What do you guys think about this idea? Maybe Flandrake could send out another police patrol soon to rescue UGA and another or so of the mall survivors. They bring them back here to the safe house not realising thet one of them has been bitten. Therefore we could get a zombie infestation inside the safehouse leading to much fun and excitement for all?

Our main characters could even get trapped together inside a room or small part of the building, which could be when we find the tunnel/entrance to the secret labs.

Don't worry about telling me if this idea sucks. It's just an idea. :)


Actually its a greta idea, but the only problem is, If there is going to be an infection insdie the safehouse, please let it be one of the other mall survivors, not me ;)

Flandrake
07/14/2005 11:45 AM


KJ slipped threw the barricade with ease. Falling on the hard mall floor, KJ sits breathing heavly. Looking up at the old man, KJ ran up the stairs to the second floor. "Uh, thanks"was all KJ could say at the moment.

So first he slipped through the barricade which was at the stairs then he fell to the floor breathing heavly...but then ran up the stairs, again...

And try to keep with past tense. Don't switch between past and present.



What do you guys think about this idea? Maybe Flandrake could send out another police patrol soon to rescue UGA and another or so of the mall survivors. They bring them back here to the safe house not realising thet one of them has been bitten. Therefore we could get a zombie infestation inside the safehouse leading to much fun and excitement for all?


Sounds fine with me. I'll get the mall people to send a message to the safe house somehow.


Hiro shoot the gas tank and then all you could see is a cloud of smoke and fire.


I thought it was out of gas........and that's completely ignoring the fact that Hiro is even out of gas. He hasn't been riding that thing for very long.

Also Draco, whenever a new person is going to talk make a new paragraph (press the enter key).

Flark
07/14/2005 1:40 PM

Just a quick one to let you guys know I'll be away this weekend. I probably won't get chance to post again until Monday.

I'll just leave Raymond where he is for now, but feel free to control him a bit if necessary. Just send him off to have a quick snooze or something, if you need to.

Cheers guys.

Draco
07/14/2005 3:24 PM

ok um I might not reply for a short time we are getting a new dsl thing on our comp and I don't know when thats coming and I am trying not to use our comp untile then.

[I]I thought it was out of gas........and that's completely ignoring the fact that Hiro is even out of gas. He hasn't been riding that thing for very long.

Also Draco, whenever a new person is going to talk make a new paragraph (press the enter key).[/I]

I know to push the enter key but I was in a hurry.

And the gas thing they well Umbrela only gave him a short amount. But when it died there still was enough to explod because gas don't take much to egnight.


[Edited by Draco on Friday, July 15, 2005 7:45 PM]

Flandrake
07/16/2005 10:31 AM

NOTE: This was originally posted in the RP section by mistake and so I reposted it here and deleted my other post.

I know to push the enter key but I was in a hurry.


That is the worst excuse ever. It doesn't take any time at all to press the enter key. If you can't deal with pressing the enter key then don't write dialouge with more than one person.

We have the quote feature on this site for a reason, please use it when you want to quote someone.


And the gas thing they well Umbrela only gave him a short amount. But when it died there still was enough to explod because gas don't take much to egnight.


Please use proper grammar and spelling when giving your poor excuses. At least I could then take you seriously.

At least try to improve yourself Draco. It seems I need to post one of these things for every damn post you make.


OCC:
Sorry guys about the handgun, im not smart when it comes to weapons, I only know key names, and I dont think you guys would want me to pick a colt 45. Any ways, if you dislike me taking a 12 gauge feel free to tell me straight.


UGA, this is partly my fault but I didn't mean for there to be so many guns. It's a public mall, not an armory. There would be hunting rifles like the one Scruff had, small handgun revolvers/.9mm type pistols for security guards, and then maybe one or two shotguns. The way you described the scene was very, wrong, at least to me. If you want I can edit my previous post so you have a better idea of what I had in mind for the guns they had.

[Edited by Flandrake on Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:37 AM]

Flandrake
07/16/2005 10:59 AM


OOC: Hey all I have to say is when I make these posts its like 11:00pm and I am tired. I am only a lowed an hour on the comp but I sneek more time. and when I get tired I don't think straght. And for my gramer if you had the grammer teacher I had you would see why I have trubbles in it. She starts to talk about on thing then she jumps into another thing then back again.


Draco, stop making excuses and take responsibility for yourself. If you're tired at 11pm then get on the computer earlier. If you can't make a decent post then don't post. Form is more important than speed or how much you post. And to improve your grammar, try reading more. Not only can it improve your grammar and vocabulary but it can help give you ideas for RPing.

Flandrake
07/17/2005 10:31 AM

Regarding UGA's post:


a survivor ran up the stairs screaming, blood was driping from him. KJ ran by him, "What the hells wrong?!"


Right, because the stairs are totally open and people can just run right up them. There are no barricades or anything...and are you refering to Draco's character?

Aeramae
07/17/2005 3:36 PM

Hey, I'm not here to ask to join. Just need to tell UGA that he needs to check the OOC part of the Minnie Mouse thread that he tried to join. And soon.

UGA_fan33
07/17/2005 6:33 PM

grrr, theres an upstairs n downstairs of the mall, ok, we upstairs tht guy was downstairs he ran up! WOW!!! and no its not dracos character

Flandrake
07/17/2005 7:51 PM


grrr, theres an upstairs n downstairs of the mall, ok, we upstairs tht guy was downstairs he ran up! WOW!!! and no its not dracos character


Yes, there is an upstairs and downstairs to the mall. I never argued the fact. I was arguing that the man can't just run up the stairs. For if you look at the very first post I made with Rufus and Scruff is clearly states that the stairs were blocked off. And they would have to do that to all the other stairways that would lead to the area where the zombies where. And if the stairs didn't lead there they would block the hallways or doors.


"Run to the stairs boy," a gruff old voice commanded from the second floor. The old man aimed his hunting rifle and fired. The bullet went through one zombie's eye and the old man released the bullet casing and took aim once more.

"Come on man!" the man who KJ had seen through the barracade was yelling from the stairs as he moved things just enough for KJ to fit through.

And if your going to try and defend yourself it's better to use proper grammar and spelling. It just makes it look better.

UGA_fan33
07/18/2005 9:25 AM

Ok, im sorry, how about this

IC:
KJ saw someone run down the west wing of the upper floor, he was running towards them, blood driping down his neck, KJ ran over to him "What the hells wrong?!"

Flandrake
07/18/2005 10:54 AM


KJ saw someone run down the west wing of the upper floor, he was running towards them, blood driping down his neck, KJ ran over to him "What the hells wrong?!"


Same problem. How did KJ get down the stairs? If he moved some stuff of the barricade to squeeze through then state that.

So just fix that bit then click the edit button on your post in the RP section and change it. Also, you do intend to play as the blood dripping man, correct?

UGA_fan33
07/18/2005 11:20 AM

yes, and i will correct

Tamachi
07/19/2005 8:20 PM

Woohoo! Im back!

Well, I went down to Panama City and had a blast, so many girls it ain't even funny, but now Im back home and its conditioning week for soccer, which sucks, but anyways...

I just got done reading the posts and such from where I was gone and now Im fixing to make my reply. Just figured Id give yall a heads up...

Flandrake
07/19/2005 8:45 PM

Good to have you back Tamachi. Since Flark left around the same time you did I didn't bother posting much about the safe house.

Flark
07/20/2005 9:28 AM


Since Flark left around the same time you did I didn't bother posting much about the safe house.

Ha ha, yes I've just been lurking. ;)


Hey Tamachi, you mean soccer as in? [url:http://www.carlisleunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10361,00.html]Be Just And Fear Not[/url]

EDIT:

By that I meant as in [b][i]real football?[/b][/i] Not asking if you were playing for [i]Carlisle United[/i] ?! :D

[Edited by Flark on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:37 AM]

Flandrake
07/20/2005 9:38 AM


Hey Tamachi, you mean soccer as in?


Soccer is football everwhere else. And calling it football actually makes more sense I mean our american football should be called something else because you barely use your feet aside from kick-offs and field goals (and running if you count that). It seems soccer, or football has is just starting to become popular with this generation.

Good to have you back as well Flark.

Flark
07/20/2005 9:51 AM

Hey, I thought that little edit there seemed to take an awful long time. I think we must have been posting at the same time just then!


And calling it football actually makes more sense I mean our american football should be called something else because you barely use your feet aside from kick-offs and field goals (and running if you count that).

I couldn't agree more.


It seems soccer, or football has is just starting to become popular with this generation.

That's good to hear... I think... Or maybe not. England need to win World Cup again first, before you guys start getting too good!

Hey, this should have been in the Sports Forum. That place is dead!

Tamachi
07/20/2005 5:18 PM

Well Im sure yall win a World Cup before our guys team does, and yes, I mean real soccer, or futbol as the Spaniards would call it. Either way, it is becoming more popular, and I couldnt agree more about the football/soccer name, but anyways...

I realize what you were sayin abotu the 'as he' part Flan, thats why I tried not to use it as much the rest of the thread, but Im sure I did. Truth is Im wiped out from conditionin and practice, and I know thats not an excuse but Im also trying to get back into character. It has been over a week since Ive posted...

But yeah, Ill try to reframe from using the same phrase so much again, shouldnt be much of a problem to complete I dont believe.

Tamachi
07/22/2005 8:50 AM

Hey Flark, Im not quite sure what we are going to do...

If we dont catch a ride Ima need a place to sit that damn bag down. I did it as a help to everyone if we run outta ammo, but it would be pretty heavy Im sure, so if we do go havea look around maybe we could find some place to put 'er down, eh?

Just an idea, but if Flan doesn't reply before you do again I say we just say they left, and we go exploring within the building, maybe find some 'strange' things? I dunno, Im just tryin to figure out where we are goin in this so we both know what to expect, you know?

Flandrake
07/22/2005 9:42 AM

I think I said before that there were around 100 people at the safehouse so make sure that your posts don't just talk about an empty office building. You guys could probably get some blankets or something and find an area that you would sleep in.

It's a good idea for you two to find some information linking Umbrela to the zombies but make sure the evidance isn't easily found.

Flark
07/22/2005 9:43 AM

Yeah, Im not too sure either. Maybe we can find some documents refering to the labs hidden somewhere underground. Then when the others return, we can find the entrance somewhere in the basement. I'm hoping it won't take Flan and them too long to get back here.

Tamachi
07/22/2005 9:45 AM

Hopefully not, but if it does we always have the Aliens thread to fall back on. Thats pretty active...

Anyways, ol' Ray needs a gun, dont he?

Flark
07/22/2005 9:46 AM

Ha ha. We're posting at the same time again Flandrake.

UGA_fan33
07/22/2005 9:52 AM

Just wondering out of the blue, how do you put a pic next to ur name?

Flark
07/22/2005 9:54 AM

Damn this gets confusing when we're all online together.

Yeah I'm sure ol'Ray will get himself a gun soon enough!

As for Aliens...I think I've a post to make...See you there!

Flark
07/22/2005 10:18 AM


Just wondering out of the blue, how do you put a pic next to ur name?


Well that depends in which forum you want the pic to be displayed.

To get one here in the RP forum, click on that blue writing above on the left which says 'YOUR FFRP FORUMS SETTINGS' and simply upload a picture.

Flandrake
07/22/2005 10:27 PM

UGA, I don't know how but you got really confused somehow because your post doesn't make any sense at all. Scruff was never sprinting anywhere. He and the others (aside from Murphy and Larry who went to get Hiro) are all near an exit moving some barricades.

Murphy and Larry went running to check out the shouting, they found Hiro and they helped them from the shop. I assume Murphy and Hiro got up the stairs and managed to push the baricade back with cover fire from Larry but your post has you, Rufus, Scruff, and Andrew all there and I know that my three other characters are back at the exit not at the stairway.

And it seems rather impossible for your character to come down from the roof and then appear at the stairway so I would assume KJ is somewhere close to the exit the survivors are at.

One more thing, sirens? First of all I am in control of the drivers of the squad cars and never did I say they turned on sirens. Why would they bother using sirens driving there? Granted they can be used as signals but turning them on while driving there would just attract more zombies.

UGA_fan33
07/25/2005 6:51 AM


UGA, I don't know how but you got really confused somehow because your post doesn't make any sense at all. Scruff was never sprinting anywhere. He and the others (aside from Murphy and Larry who went to get Hiro) are all near an exit moving some barricades.

Murphy and Larry went running to check out the shouting, they found Hiro and they helped them from the shop. I assume Murphy and Hiro got up the stairs and managed to push the baricade back with cover fire from Larry but your post has you, Rufus, Scruff, and Andrew all there and I know that my three other characters are back at the exit not at the stairway.

And it seems rather impossible for your character to come down from the roof and then appear at the stairway so I would assume KJ is somewhere close to the exit the survivors are at.

One more thing, sirens? First of all I am in control of the drivers of the squad cars and never did I say they turned on sirens. Why would they bother using sirens driving there? Granted they can be used as signals but turning them on while driving there would just attract more zombies.


oh ok, when you posted that when you found hiro there were zombie dogs and when andrew, scruff and rufus found the guys they were running away from the zombie dogs, sry about that, and I totally agree with you about the stairway, im just figuaring cuz some malls have the stairways like in the middle of some wing, ok ill fix my posts, once again you have to bear with me here cuz im a rookie, and you can tell

Talon
07/28/2005 2:13 PM

Name: Scott Drake
Age: 23
Marital Status: Single
Blood Type: A+
Occupation: Ex-Umbrella Corp. Solider
Description: He wear black camo-with a bullet proof vest. He has short brown hair and deep blue eyes, his pants are black cargo's and carries his ammo and first aid kit in it.
History:Scott Drake was assigned to hold in the T-virus contamination from escaping the city. While he was out "exterminating" all Umbrella Corp. Soldiers left him and his team for dead.Two days later his whole team was dead and he salvaged thier ammo so that he could use it. Now that he sees Umbrella Corporations true intentions he is going to do all in his power stop them. As he was battling his way through the he noticed that there was other people out there trying to survive so now he has set out to find and rescue them.



[Edited by Talon on Friday, July 29, 2005 9:15 PM]

Flark
07/28/2005 3:22 PM

Talon, where do I even begin???

Firstly, I suspect your post was deleted because it didn't fit in with the rest of the RP in any way, shape or form. Also, you didn't ask permission to join. If you'd asked permission to join first, I'm sure someone would have tried to help you to join in and would have suggested an appropriate starting place.

What is the use in mailing me and asking me to answer your radio call? Have you even read the rest of the RP? I doubt it. If you had done, you would have realised that my character is in an office block and has no radio, therefore I couldn't answer your call even if I wanted to.

Also, I believe you have already been told that your character is inappropriate and doesn't fit in with the RP.

Now then. If you would be so kind as to delete your post from the RP section, I will attempt to assist you in creating a realistic character and help you get into the RP.

Flandrake
07/28/2005 4:54 PM

Talon, when writing actions for your character you don't surround them with *. You write it as if you were writing a book. It's rather obvious if you read other people's posts and see that no one else is using such a method. I suspect if you've done RPing online before you have not done free form. Check out what free form is and such [url:http://www.rpgconsortium.com/roleplaynow/ffrpforumsguide.cfm]here[/url]. Hmmm deja vu...that's the third time I've posted that link.

Now on to the bit about your character. A marine does not fit into the setting. The fact that the plane crashed in Warren City is horrible at best. If the plane was going down the pilot would have done everything in his power to land away from a city and not in it. If this is a transport ship (fighter jet wouldn't fly all the way from here to Iraq) then there would be other members aboard. You don't even mention them.

Read the first post in the ooc section made by Surges_Blade. Although he has left we used the rules he made when we made our characters and so should you.

There are several openings for character: you can be a survivor at the umbrela office building turned safe house, you can be a survivor that just escaped the mall, you can be a cop at the safe house, or you could be another survivor out in the city. With so many openings that make sense it's best not to come up with ludacris openings such as a marine plane crash in warren city..

Talon
07/29/2005 11:48 AM

well can i be an umbrella security guard like the ones from re2: Apocalypse

Flark
07/29/2005 12:13 PM

I've only seen the first movie and played the games, so I'm not entirely sure what this entails?

Are you planning on being hostile towards the rest of the player characters?

If so, then I strongly advise against it. Why can't you just be a normal survivor like everyone else? Flandrake's already advised you towards the best options for getting involved.

Flandrake
07/29/2005 3:10 PM


well can i be an umbrella security guard like the ones from re2: Apocalypse


I'm the same as Flark, so further explination would be good.

Also, how long do you guys think we should wait for Draco to reply about that girl in the car? I want to give him time but I don't want the thread to freeze up waiting for him. If need be I'll take minor control of his characters and just have the girl taken off in one of the vans with the police.

Talon
07/29/2005 5:41 PM

You have not seen it well there are 3 umbrella soldiers who are left to die out there so they help survivors that is what i want to be

Flandrake
07/29/2005 5:49 PM

I'm fine with that. Just make sure you have a good starting location and provide detail on why you couldn't escape when the accident occured etc.

Tamachi
07/30/2005 8:14 AM

Id agree with Flandrake about letting you be the Umbrella Corp. guys, just be sure to be realistic and like they would be in this sorta situation, I dont wanna repeat Flandrake which Im afraid Im already doing, so Ill change tha subject...

Im not sure how long we should wait for him. Maybe if you just said something like 'all the survivors you could see' entered the transports and left, that would leave it open for him to either reply and say he got into the vans or didnt. Its up to you in the end though, so do whatever you think is best, Im just tryin to help.

Flandrake
07/30/2005 10:41 AM

Talon your first post needs more detail. All we know is that you entered some building through a window because you thought there were people inside.

As for the thing with Draco he's been gona about a week. I'll post something later today about seeing the girl and taking her with us. If he didn't want that she can always escape when the safehouse gets attacked.

Flandrake
07/30/2005 9:22 PM

UGA, Kelly went to the hospital because she got cut up on the glass. It's entirely possible that they could have finished with her by the time you finished your paper but what is with the red splotch thing? In an RE book I read the person just kept getting weaker and weaker and grew slightly pale and such.

What source are you going off of? Just wondering so we can know future things so we don't step on each others feet.

Hmmm, upon reading it again are you saying she was bit? If so that would be incorrect. She was infected because she slipped in the zombie blood causing it to get on her hands and on her clothes. This wouldn't have been that bad for she could have washed it off and gotten minor iritation on her skin but she cut herself when she crawled through the broken glass from the door Andrew had shot through. So the zombie blood got into her open wound thus making her infected.

Note to all: Kelly will become a zombie at the 2 hour time mark.

Draco
07/31/2005 10:16 PM

Ok one thing WERE THE HELL is Surges_Blade at.

Flark
08/01/2005 6:08 AM

I think we've already assumed that he's abandoned the thread and left the RPGC. Flandrake appears the been running things quite succesfully in his absence.

Flandrake
08/01/2005 9:08 AM


Ok one thing WERE THE HELL is Surges_Blade at.


Last post made on June 26th. His character had just stated that he found 32 bodies that were shot to death. He found something connecting it to Umbrela and Ash said to talk to the Chief when the got to the safe house. But he never posted after that.


Flandrake appears the been running things quite succesfully in his absence.


Thanks, I was made an RP sage for a reason. ;)


((Sorry haven't been on all week but had things to and been thinking real hard on what to put down but haven't really got anything))


Well Draco would be taken to the make shift hospital when they arrived at the safehouse because of his arm.

Also the sentence you made about Kelly being infected doesn't make any sense...

[Edited by Flandrake on Monday, August 1, 2005 9:30 AM]

Draco
08/01/2005 10:08 AM


Also the sentence you made about Kelly being infected doesn't make any sense...


Yeah sorry about that I will fix it. I wrote that like at 12:00 at night and I was tried. lol

Flandrake
08/01/2005 1:51 PM


Yeah sorry about that I will fix it. I wrote that like at 12:00 at night and I was tried. lol


Oh, you were talking about a different person than I thought. I'll edit my post and make another one to change my guys from picking her up.

And Draco if you could, can you take your post to when you're at the safehouse. UGA and myself already talked about us being at the safehouse.

Flark
08/03/2005 4:03 AM

Sorry guys but I'm afraid I won't be able to post for the next 3 days after today, as I'm going away.

I'll entrust my character in the careful hands of Tamachi while I'm gone.

Cheers.

Flandrake
08/04/2005 11:43 AM


Sorry guys but I'm afraid I won't be able to post for the next 3 days after today, as I'm going away.


Well I can't really post anything until Draco and UGA reply so it'll just be you and Tamachi until I can start moving again.

Flark
08/10/2005 8:50 AM

I'm just letting everyone know that Tamachi's having internet trouble at the moment, hence the reason he hasn't posted for a while. Hopefully he'll be back with us asap.

Unless I edit my last post, I won't really be able to post again either, until he gets back. Just carry on without us for now, I'll wait a while longer before I think of editing things.

Flandrake
08/10/2005 8:57 AM

Alright, just wait for Tamachi. Draco and UGA can get some roleplaying done along with a few of my mall survivors.

Tamachi
08/10/2005 6:45 PM

Alright you guys, sorry about all that. My mom switched banks or something and forgot to tell our ISP so they cut off our internet, but after alot of convincing she called them and still wont admit I was right, but anyways.

Sorry about the hold-up Flark, Ill get to postin right away and try and get back in the swing of things.

Flark
08/11/2005 8:33 AM

No problem Tamachi. It's great to have you back.

Let's go...

Flark
08/13/2005 2:36 PM

Yeah Flandrake, I liked the little snippet about Marchovy. I think it will definately help the story along and make things a little more interesting. Good idea. :)

Flark
08/22/2005 5:07 AM

Guys, just letting you all know that I'm going away on vacation for a week tomorrow.

I would have just posted my character going to sleep somewhere, but I'm not sure because of the impending infection time. It's probably best if I just leave it open for you guys to control him. Flandrake, Tamachi, just do what ever you think best with him.

I'll see you all again soon. Cheers guys.

Tamachi
08/27/2005 10:01 PM

Do you want to just wait for Flark to return you guys? I hope thats why no one has replied recently and its not becaues we have all given up on this post...

My modem died so to speak and I wont be able to get on much unless Im at my grandmothers, but Im still going to try. I just want to make sure everyone is still here and all.

Flandrake
08/27/2005 10:13 PM

I'm still here. I'm actually waiting for you or Flark to reply. But sooner or later I would have moved it along.

And Draco is at the bathroom.

UndeadDragon
08/30/2005 10:09 AM

Mind if I do a small zombie cameo? :D You can kill me if you want. Haha.



I can't find any threads to be a part of, none are active. :(

Flandrake
08/31/2005 4:47 PM

Hey UndeadDragon, long time no see.

If you want to do a zombie cameo that's fine.

You can play another survivor at our little safehouse if you want. We're still at the point where people can come in easily so if you want, you can. I'll fill you in on some details if you want to join as a PC.

UndeadDragon
09/01/2005 5:49 AM

Yeah, could I get a summary?

Flandrake
09/01/2005 6:16 PM


Yeah, could I get a summary?


The story starts off four days after an outbreak of the T-virus. Lt. Ash Meier (my character) was out on a rescue mission where Garreth and Raymond (Tamachi and Flark), along with other NPCs were saved.

The returned to the safe house which is an Umbrela office building. Later Ash went to the mall with his team to get other survivors including KJ (UGA_Fan) and Hiro (Draco). During the escape one of the mall survivors cut her hands and fell into some zombie blood causing her to get infected (although no one knows this).

While Ash was out at the mall Garreth and Raymond discovered a conference room which showed footage of the T-virus experiments and an elevator which leads to an underground lab.

Ash is gathering his team to go explore the lab (the existance of the lab is only known by The Chief, Ash, Garreth, and Raymond). Garreth and Raymond are waiting in the conference room for Ash to return.

Really there are three possibilitiesfor characters to play: 1. another survior in the safe house.
2. A member of Ash's team or another police officer.
3. Someone stuck in the labs. Could be a scientist or a guard or whatever. Although this one would be hard to explain.

UndeadDragon
09/01/2005 6:39 PM

Thanks, Flan. I'll get something up as soon as I can get some ideas.

Flandrake
09/08/2005 4:39 PM

Undead I'm actually waiting for you. If you can't come with something soon we'll need to move along and you may miss your chance to enter.

UndeadDragon
09/08/2005 6:24 PM

Oh, yeah, sorry, just go ahead...

Flandrake
09/15/2005 4:41 PM

Roll call...just making sure you guys are still interested, if not I'll come up with an ending.

Flark
09/16/2005 2:41 AM

I'm still here and want to continue, I'm just waiting for Tamachi who seems to have disappeared.

Hedgehog
09/16/2005 8:28 AM

Hey Flandrake and Flark, you two need another player? If you're still in an Umbrealla Corp Lab I'm sure my character can shamble inside.

Here's the Character:

Name: Anita Torres
Age: 26
Marital Status: Single, Divorced
Blood Type: AB
Occupation: Real Estate Agent
Description: Anita is a lilthe figure who's 5'5" She has below-the-shoulder length black hair, brown eyes, dark skin and has a formerly sharp tattered buisiness dress and is wearing sneakers.
History: Anita moved to the area only a year ago, a year after her tumoltuous divorce from her forme college sweetheart. Transplanted, Anita started working for ReMax as a Real Estate Agent and worked her way up in the company before the virus struck. As far as she knows, she's lost friends and co-workers to the T-Virus; Anita was away from her office, alone in a house preparing it for sale when the virus struck.

Flark
09/16/2005 9:48 AM

Hi there Hedgehog, I'd be more than happy to have you join in, (Hedgehog is from my 'Space Traveller' RP, Flandrake).

Flandrake's taken over the role as GM here, so I'll leave it down to you guys how you want to introduce your character.

Also, we need to come to a decision about getting things moving since a couple of the participants here seem to have gone AWOL.

We need to think of a way to somehow leave Garreth (Tamachi's character) behind in the safehouse. That way we could continue right away, while still leaving it open for Tamachi to come back, if, or when he does.

Any ideas Flan?

Flandrake
09/16/2005 6:13 PM

Hedgehog you are welcome to join. Our characters are actually in an Umbrela Office building that was turned in to a safe house after the WCPD station was overrun. Your character can easily be there.

As for leaving Tamachi behind but still having him rejoin shouldn't be hard. I can come up with several ways and will get to it when the event comes to that.

I was however thinking, if the infection takes 2 hours one infected person wont cause much of a problem. She'll get gunned down quickly. I think it would be good for a number of people to be bitten and then quarintied. Also, people may rise up and riot against the police and then a massive zombie attack could occur there. Having people infected would also lead Ash and his crew to have more of a purpose in exploring the lab. Maybe even have another team sent down.

We have a lot of options which is good we just need to think of one to use. Also, Hedgehog gave me an idea of creating a recruitment thread. It may be a good idea to get some more people so we can get the story moving again.

Tamachi
09/16/2005 6:40 PM

Alright, sorry guys, my internet is still dead and Im having to rely on my grandmothers computer, which is fine. Its just the fact that she rarely lets me come up here for some reason anymore and Ive had trouble getting on...

I am sorry though, and Ill be back for a bit, this weekend at least.

Flark
09/17/2005 8:19 AM

Speak of the devil...

Welcome back man! :)

Flandrake
09/21/2005 4:25 PM

Come on I want some feed back...I'll post something looking for new players by this weekend.

Flark
09/22/2005 9:40 AM


Come on I want some feed back

Sorry, on what exactly? The quarantine idea? I think it's great!

I also think it's a great idea to post the recruitment thread. We definately need something to kick this RP back into gear.

Aeramae
09/27/2005 3:50 PM

Hey, if you guys want, I could create a character, have her be in the safe house, and become infected. For the quarantine idea.

Flandrake
09/27/2005 5:32 PM


Hey, if you guys want, I could create a character, have her be in the safe house, and become infected. For the quarantine idea.


That would be fine. I assume what you mean is you'll be bitten by the girl who is already infected and then forced in to quarantine along with others who were also attacked by the woman turned zombie.

Also, it seems that my request for more players in the interest query area isn't getting the attention I wanted.

So basically I think we'll just need to go forward.

Flark
09/28/2005 7:52 AM


So basically I think we'll just need to go forward.

Ready when you are peeps...

Tarott
09/29/2005 12:25 AM

Is it too late to make a new character?

Name: Professor Davian Alketric
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Marital Status: Married to his occupation
Blood Type: AB+
Occupation: Genetic Scientist
Description: Looks young for his age, Blond hair, Grey eyes, 5ft 12", caucasian.
History: Born a boy genius, he enjoyed putting together different genetic compositions in models at age 5. Lived in Warren his whole life. He left Warren at 15 to work at the human Genome Project. Unfortuantely, due to a misunderstanding at the part of his collegues, Davian was fired from the project. He has since been working on what he calls a "Genetic Nullifyer" a weapon that breaks apart the genetic structure of the target. He has almost perfected his prototype, but his research has been hampered by the outbreak of the T-Virus. He is holed up in his laboratory next to the umbrella corp's base. If someone happened to find him, he may be able to finish his project.



[Edited by Tarott on Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:40 AM]

Aeramae
09/29/2005 7:54 AM

Name: Becky Sanders
Gender: Female
Age: 18
Marital Status: Single
Blood Type: O
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 170 lbs
Occupation: Waitress
Description: Long blond hair with blue streaks running through it, usually wears her hair pulled back into a pony tail, brown eyes, freckles, kind of cute.
History: Becky lived outside of the city until she was 16. She ran away from home, and moved into Warren, trying to escape the troubled life she left behind. Becky spent a few months on the street before she met a sympathetic older woman who took the teen in. The woman owned her own diner, and gave Becky a job as a waitress.

Becky was still living with the woman when the outbreak happened. They were some of the lucky few who made it to the safe house. She knows how to use a gun, something she is now proud to have kept from her past life. When all hell broke loose, she took the opportunity to arm herself with a Gloc and plenty of ammo.

Flark
09/29/2005 8:16 AM


Is it too late to make a new character?

Of course not, we're actually desperate for new characters!

I'll leave Flandrake to sort out the details...

Welcome aboard Tarott. :)

Flark
09/29/2005 8:18 AM

Oh...and you too Mae. ;)

Aeramae
09/29/2005 8:22 AM

Thank you. Just let me know when you want me to enter the thread.

vampirelcs
09/29/2005 4:08 PM

Hello. I just found this site but have been rpging online for a while now.

I was wondering were would be the best place to"show up" in the rpg?
Im still writeing up my profile.

Flark
09/30/2005 2:49 AM

Welcome aboard Vamp :)


I was wondering were would be the best place to"show up" in the rpg?
Im still writeing up my profile.

Well that depends on your character? Just choose somewhere appropriate for him/her.

If you've read much of the RP, you'll see that there's meant to be loads of rescued civilians on the first floor of the safehouse. I think that's probably the best place to 'show up'. That way you'll soon get involved in the action because there's due to be an outbreak of zombie infected people amongst them soon.

Flandrake
09/30/2005 6:49 PM

Well considering it seems new players found there way here instead of my other thread I will just post here what I posted there (with some minor changes). This info includes a summary of what has happened thus far, what is currently happening and where a good place for your character would be.

The story starts off four days after an outbreak of the T-virus. Lt. Ash Meier (my character) was out on a rescue mission where Garreth and Raymond (Tamachi and Flark), along with some others were saved.

They returned to the safe house which is an Umbrela office building. Later Ash went to the mall with his team to get other survivors including KJ (UGA_Fan) and Hiro (Draco). During the escape one of the mall survivors cut her hands and fell into some zombie blood causing her to get infected (although no one knows this).

While Ash was out at the mall Garreth and Raymond discovered a conference room which showed footage of the T-virus experiments and an elevator which leads to an underground lab.

Ash, Raymond, Garreth, and Ash's team are getting ready to explore the underground lab. It is about 15 minutes till the infected woman from the mall becomes a full zombie.

Some character ideas:
1. another survior in the safe house.
2. A member of Ash's team or another police officer.
3. Someone stuck in the labs. Could be a scientist or a guard or whatever. Although this one would be hard to explain.

Flandrake
09/30/2005 6:56 PM


Hello. I just found this site but have been rpging online for a while now.

I was wondering were would be the best place to"show up" in the rpg?
Im still writeing up my profile.


You are welcome to join, if you have any question after you've read my summary post please ask them.

Tarrot, you are welcome to join as well but I have one question about your character: when you say:

He is holed up in his laboratory next to the umbrella corp's base. If someone happened to find him, he may be able to finish his project.


I believe either you have missunderstood us when we are talking about the location of the Umbrela Lab (or I'm not understanding you). The Umbrella Lab is underground, it's a secret place that was connected via elevator to an office building.

We'll get the thread started up again after we get all the new players sorted out.

Sorry about the double posting but I felt it best to do it that way.

vampirelcs
09/30/2005 11:34 PM

Name: Lucas De LaFountaine
Age: 35
Marital Status: Single
Blood Type:0+
Occupation: Kajukimbo instructor
Description: 6'3, shoulder length blonde hair that he keeps tied back in a pony tail, blue eyes, 210 pounds.
History: Born on the West Coast, Lucas grew up a surfer, and when the surf was flat, a skateboarder. But when he was about 18, money was tight and he happened to know the right people. He was already conditioned due to his father owning the local kajukimbo school, so it was a small step for Lucas to seize the opportunity and open his own school in Warren City. To fund the school, he did a few body guard jobs, though if someone still called in asking, he wouldn't turn down a well-paying job. But lately, with the Umbrella Corp. growing alarmingly fast, guards were becoming regulars in his school. Lucas was doing his morning work out when the car crashes started. Then came the mobs, and out of the mobs came some of the most gruesome things he had ever witnessed. It only took one attack for Lucas to wise up and arm him self. There had been some type of security who tired to hold off a gang of these.....bloodthirsty thugs, but they were obviously not very lucky. So he did what he had to; took their garments and sidearms, along with ammo. It wasn't long before he found a crashed SWAT van that held a very nice rifle. His father had been in the army, but what part had always been a fog to Lucas. It was something of a family taboo to talk about and he passed away before Lucas had attempted to push the topic. But one thing he did learn from his father's service was weaponry.
Starting Equipment:
Barrett *Military Model M107* with Bipod mount and 2 1/2 to 10 power leopold *pronounced lapold*
9mm Browning Hipower Handgun. Right hand small of the back draw Safari custom holster
Standard Black Anti-Personnel Armored Suit (Kevlar bullet proof jacket, flack jacket)
Three Anti-personnel Fragmentation Grenades
10 magazines of 14 rounds for the 9mm. *140 rounds total*
100 Rounds of .50 Cal ammo.
Black duffel bag



does this meet your requirments?

*as far as weapons and combat I won't brake the laws of physics so no godmodding from me.*

[Edited by vampirelcs on Saturday, October 1, 2005 1:57 PM]

Flandrake
10/01/2005 7:35 AM


Barren City


I believe you mean Warren City ;).

And I think the laser sight on the 9mm may be a bit much but other than that the character is fine.

Tarott
10/01/2005 4:00 PM


The Umbrella Lab is underground, it's a secret place that was connected via elevator to an office building.


It's next to the office building..... is that alright?

Flandrake
10/04/2005 11:48 PM

Tarott, I hope that weapon of yours has some limits...otherwise we're gonna have a problem.

vampirelcs
10/05/2005 12:35 AM

Oh I know what the draw back should be for His gun. The genetic goo should crawl towards them!!! Just joking. but from a genetic point of view I "Believe" the goo should still be able to spread the T virus, and there's a risk of the t virus now being spread though the air*if it vaporized the cells or some part of the corpse. And if the whatever he made does not kill the "T virus" *still kills the cell* then the T virus will just bring the cells back and who knows what it would do in that state

[Edited by vampirelcs on Wednesday, October 5, 2005 12:45 AM]

Tarott
10/05/2005 3:20 AM

Um, genetically speaking, it reduces a genetic algorithm to its base elements, meaning the T-virus wouldnt have any cells to kill. Oh, also, read my post, it gives limits. Wouldnt want an overheating cell in my hand, what about u?

And, btw the T-Virus is already in the air, its just unable work without an open wound.

Flark
10/11/2005 3:32 AM

Flandrake, I'm not too sure about the elevator breaking idea. Surely that will permanently cut us off from the other player characters. I was think that after the outbreak in the safe house, they could make their way down here also.

Flandrake
10/11/2005 4:31 PM


I was think that after the outbreak in the safe house, they could make their way down here also.


They don't have any reason to come down because Lucas killed Katie before she infected that many people, maybe 3 or 4 at the most. If anyone else went down it would be one or two messangers trying to contact Ash.

Perhaps the monster could climb up the elevator shaft and enter the safe house or something like that. Either way, we need to figure out what to do with this monster I put in to play.

[Edited by Flandrake on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:35 PM]

Flark
10/11/2005 5:44 PM


They don't have any reason to come down

We could give them a reason to come down. A means of escape maybe?

A quote from my first post on page 10.

"Staring down at the rail track as he waited, Raymond pondered about the possibility that this may not be the only way into the laboratory. He wondered if this track could also lead to other Umbrella owned buildings within the city...or even outside of the city..."

Just an idea...


Perhaps the monster could climb up the elevator shaft and enter the safe house or something like that. Either way, we need to figure out what to do with this monster I put in to play.

Ha ha, yes you really have created a monster this time Flandrake! :D

I guess our options are;

1. It could destroy the elevator and climb up the shaft into the safe house.

2. It could retreat back up into the archway where it came from, leaving us to face it again later.

3. We could just kill it.

(I'm easy going, you can just choose in the next post if you like?)

[Edited by Flark on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:47 PM]

vampirelcs
10/11/2005 8:29 PM

Was it a bad thing I killed katie*zombie*?

Flandrake
10/11/2005 9:15 PM


Was it a bad thing I killed katie*zombie*?


It was neither bad nor good, it was just something that happened. I'm able to work with people who play whichever way as long as it has some form and reason behind it.

I think I have a good idea, Ash, Raymond, Garreth and a few other cops get cut off from the elevator while others make it in. The monster infects one of the guys who got in the elevator somehow and goes after Ash and the others who run in to one of the rooms and find some way to block the door but realise that they have just cut themselves off.

So, Ash and what is left of the team need to walk through the lab (and most likely find some sort of cure within two hours). The people in the safe house have to deal with the infected officers and the few people who were infected from Katie.

The monster will remain in the facility and face off with our guys later on. Now, as to getting a train to get us out of the city, that was my original idea. Although I had not yet thought of where exactly it would lead.

Other side notes: the elevator would still be active, should I make the monster shoot some kind of stinger (infects someone quickly) at the elevator guy so we can get some instant action in the safehouse, and I would like everyone to read this stuff and make comments.

Flark
10/12/2005 2:36 AM

Sending a couple of infected officers back up into the safe house sounds like a good idea to me, Flandrake. Remember that officer McGibbs had is leg cut by the tentacle, so he would probably already be infected. I like the idea about the stinger too, it could shoot something directly into the brain, causing almost instantaneous infection, or maybe even just some kind of mind control where the victim stays physically fine? That could be the reason for its capture of officer Bradbury?

So long as the elevator stays in working condition for the other players to possibly make their way down here eventually, I don't mind being cut off by the monster, that's fine.

[Edited by Flark on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:38 AM]

Tarott
10/13/2005 3:14 AM


So long as the elevator stays in working condition for the other players to possibly make their way down here eventually, I don't mind being cut off by the monster, that's fine.


Here is another option...
You guys could get stuck in a vent shaft with a radio, and another team sent down to rescue you. Also, with the brain-controle, I like it! The infected personell sould look and act fine, until it strikes. Sort of like a covert zombie!

vampirelcs
10/13/2005 6:44 PM

What are the rules of battle?

I like the thought of the group thats underground geting cut off but not destroying the elevator. as far as the mind control i think there would be a hole in the skull from were the parasite enters the brain cavity.

Flandrake
10/13/2005 8:03 PM


What are the rules of battle?


Do you mean player vs player or player vs NPC?

If the latter then it's whatever you want unless the NPC is mainly controled by someone else. For example, the monster Flark and I are fighting. Flark has written actions for him but nothing story altering. I'm the one who will change the major story altering action. And if Flark brought in the monster it would be his duty.

The former on the otherhand is somewhat restrictive. You can't actually say you hit the person. The posts would look something like this:

"Jax leaps forward and punches at Joe with his right fist." -Player 1

Now player 2 (Joe) can either say the punch hits him or it doesn't. It's really up to the player's judgement. And if the person is a good RPer they should be able to handle their player's getting hit. So let's say player 2 replies with:

"Joe was caught off guard by the sudden attack and fell back as Jax's fist hit the left side of his chest. He managed to catch himself by sliding his right leg back and pushed forward trying to grapple Jax." -Player 2

Player 1 can then respond with Jax jumping to the side or some other form of dodging or he can have Joe takle Jax.

When describing a fight you can say something like 'they exchanged blows but couldn't manage to get any good hits' or something along those lines because it adds some time passing/small amount of description to the fight. This works out well when there are multiple battles going on at once.

Now, to avoid one sentence posting and other such horrible things the attacker can add a little description as to what the other character does. Just make sure this is not story alterting and keeps true with whawt that charcter would have done.
I hope this answered your question.

EDIT: Also, I don't really have the time to post an IC post until tomorrow or sometime this weekend, school has me pretty busy.

[Edited by Flandrake on Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:21 PM]

Tarott
10/15/2005 6:17 AM

I did mean player vs npc, and their doesn't have to be hole, just a scratch....

Flark
10/15/2005 7:33 AM


as far as the mind control i think there would be a hole in the skull from were the parasite enters the brain cavity.



and their doesn't have to be hole, just a scratch..


The human skull has holes in it already, nose, ears, mouth...

vampirelcs
10/20/2005 5:50 PM

*Are you going to interagate Lucas? Im kinda at a loss as to what to say Im at a posting deadend untill What happend to him*Lucas* Is covered.

Draco
10/28/2005 3:29 AM

Sorry you guys if I haven't been posting for a long time. Been really busy with school, being grounded, and working on an art test that I gots to get in. So I hope I am still in this?

Flark
10/28/2005 4:34 AM

Welcome back Draco.


Flandrake, can we just confirm the members and status of our group. Is this correct?

Ash
Raymond
Garreth
Derek
Sam
Jack - all ok

McGibs - wounded and infected

Jacobs - is he dead or injured? He was the one bashed into the wall on the platform who Garreth tried to rescue.

Bradbury - dead

Flandrake
10/28/2005 6:58 PM


Sorry you guys if I haven't been posting for a long time. Been really busy with school, being grounded, and working on an art test that I gots to get in. So I hope I am still in this?


Yes Draco, your still in this. As I recall the last thing your character was doing was taking a bunch needed bathroom break.



Flandrake, can we just confirm the members and status of our group. Is this correct?

Ash
Raymond
Garreth
Derek
Sam
Jack - all ok

McGibs - wounded and infected

Jacobs - is he dead or injured? He was the one bashed into the wall on the platform who Garreth tried to rescue.

Bradbury - dead


Jacobs is just injured. He is with the group. I do not believe he is injured as the same thing happened to him that happened to Raymond, getting hit by the arm although he was hit against a wall.

Everything else is correct.

EDIT: Flark in regards to your RP post I figured we could leave Jacobs and McGibs there with one or two others. Do you think Garreth should be left considering Tamachi isn't here. And if he were to come back he could easily be brought back. Otherwise I would just have Jack stay alone.

[Edited by Flandrake on Friday, October 28, 2005 7:11 PM]

Tarott
10/28/2005 7:31 PM

Do you mind if we bring in the creature from my last couple of posts? It could be a motivation for people topside to head down. We don't have to strait away, but it would be nice, cause I'm not really contributing that much to the rp...... THNX IN ADVANCE

Flark
10/29/2005 3:56 AM


Flark in regards to your RP post I figured we could leave Jacobs and McGibs there with one or two others. Do you think Garreth should be left considering Tamachi isn't here. And if he were to come back he could easily be brought back.

Good idea, yes let's do that...

Flandrake
10/29/2005 11:10 AM


Do you mind if we bring in the creature from my last couple of posts? It could be a motivation for people topside to head down. We don't have to strait away, but it would be nice, cause I'm not really contributing that much to the rp...... THNX IN ADVANCE


The creature from your last couple of posts? The only thing you mentioned as a side note was the "superhuman hunter." And how would we just bring him in? It wouldn't make sense for the over 100 people to start cramming into the one elevator and head down.

And when you have the officers coming back up telling about a monster I really doubt people would be running to go down there.

Tarott
10/30/2005 11:25 PM

Ok, Ok, I see your point(s). Soooo...... Here we go. It's a super-reflexive, semi cloaked genetically engineered cyborg that has nothing to do with the T-Virus..... It could be down in the lab. It's weapons are it's hyper-velocity darts and general claws, ect. It does not attack directly, but prefers to use underanded tactics. It's general objective is to kill all organic lifeforms. (including the marines) Hey, btw, has the Umbrella corp's marines arrived yet?

Flandrake
10/31/2005 5:08 PM


Ok, Ok, I see your point(s). Soooo...... Here we go. It's a super-reflexive, semi cloaked genetically engineered cyborg that has nothing to do with the T-Virus..... It could be down in the lab. It's weapons are it's hyper-velocity darts and general claws, ect. It does not attack directly, but prefers to use underanded tactics. It's general objective is to kill all organic lifeforms. (including the marines) Hey, btw, has the Umbrella corp's marines arrived yet?


No.

Umbrella is fully aware of what's going on in Warren City and has the area blocked off. I actually posted about this stuff earlier, but you hadn't joined the thread. Basically, Umbrella is still trying to figure out a way of clearing out the entire city. They have started work on containing and ridding some of the outer edges but in the middle of the city there would be no site of them.

[Edited by Flandrake on Monday, October 31, 2005 5:17 PM]

Tarott
10/31/2005 10:15 PM

Yes, yes, but can I bring it in? And also, am I going on that food run or am I meant to do something else? I can't actually find a way for my character to know what do do, cause he's in the safehouse

Flandrake
11/02/2005 8:20 PM


Yes, yes, but can I bring it in?


I believe my first statement takes care of anything regarding your creature.



And also, am I going on that food run or am I meant to do something else? I can't actually find a way for my character to know what do do, cause he's in the safehouse


He's your character, do what you want. I can't directly control the actions of your character nor would I want to. Davian is yours and yours alone. No one else can control his thoughts, feelings, or actions unless you grant them permission to do so. If you don't Davian to go on the food hunt then don't go, if you do then have him work something out with The Chief. The story is not by any means set in stone.

Draco
11/05/2005 6:58 AM

ok I will try and catch up as fast as I can.

Tarott
11/06/2005 9:57 PM

Fair enough, fair enough. I just realised, my character is way too overpowered, and it must be pissing people off. I'm going to bring in a new char. Can I start again if I kill off my scientist?

Arania
11/07/2005 1:28 AM

Hey, got any room for another RPer?
Im just curious, a friend introduced me to this place and i am a rather fan of the 'Zombie infested City' Survive-and-shoot-everything type of scenario.

Heres the Character:
Name: Dr. Justin Brown, PhD
Age: 26
Marital Status: Single
Blood Type: AB-
Occupation: Quantum Physicist
Description: 62, Tall, thin, typically seen in a white lab coat. Trim haircut, with neutral-coloured eyes from a freak accident. Very little tan. Suffers from Solar Hypersensitivity (Burns in sunlight a lot quicker than others)
History:
Justin Brown born in Brisbane, Australia, and suffered incredible hardship during his childhood. During his teenage years, he set his sights far above those of his peers, swearing to himself to break the time barrier that held him among inferiors, both technologically and intellectually. He quickly gained a Bachelor of Information technology, and proceeded to be employed by the Australian Government and a technological assistant. During his time there, he developed a number of viable technological systems, and managed to decompile the Windows XP Microsoft operating system, much to the dismay of his colleagues, and completely rebuilt it for military use. Another notable achievement during this time was the development of a portable semi-energy weapon: The MK 3 Massdriver. He resigned 2 years later, unable to finish his project there, and proceeding to the United States.
He began an extensive education at MIT and Harvard, coming top of all of his classes, and, unfortunately, destroying the Science building during a particularly freak demonstration of Quantum Tunnelling to his professor, No one was harmed. Following his completion of the eduction (And the second rebuilding of the Science Building, this time from a miniature particle accelerator), he was approached by the NSA, and asked to work at the Los Alamos facility. Graciously accepting, he excelled at his job, and summarily god a Masters in Nuclear Weaponry from the Theoretical Institute for Thermonuclear and Nuclear Studies (TITANS). During his time at the Los Alamos facility, he became close friends with the base commander, and summarily received a good portion of weapons training before he was transferred to Groom Lake. For the next 3 years, he completely disappeared off the face of the planet. Immediately following this mysterious time, He resigned his work from the U.S. government, with a total of two presidential invitations up his sleeve. He began work at the Theoretical Physics division at CERN, baffling his colleagues with his ability to assimilate any given information. He still has some deep-seated psychological problems, but does not after show them, he is very secluded, but radiates a warm protective aura that people cannot seem to explain. Almost every single person that has crossed him has summarily ended up in a hospital Psychological ward. He has turned down four job offers from the Mysterious Umbrella Corporation. Last known records from CERN indicated he transferred from being an assistant specialist for SETI at the Arecibo to an unknown location, his Appearance in Warren City is Equally as unexplained. Has not been in a romantic relationship with anyone. Last recorded I.Q. is 284, under protection from the CIA. Publicly, very little is known about him after he resigned from his job at the Australian Government. He has no surviving family or friends.

And a Weapon:

Mk3 Massdriver Magnetic Accelerator
A fairly simplistic Sniper-Esque weapon that uses a backpack mounted transformer-generator/battery assembly to power a magnetic assembly that accelerates a magnetic bullet to ballistic velocities. The weapon accumulates a lot of excess heat after firing, and it is ill-advised to fire again until the weapon has cooled. Slugs are fed via spring-loaded magazine into the barrel assembly, and it is connected to the backpack via a high-durability Niobium cable.
Rate of Fire: 0.25 Per second
Shots per clip: 8
Muzzle Velocity: 3 km/s (As opposed to a typical automatic rife: 1 km/s)
Round mass: 50g
Maximum Penetrating Distance: 6in Brick
Maximum Effective Range: 500m, 800m with aerofoil attachment on the slug
Power supply: High-current power delivery system. Direct Current. Typically provided by a pair of car batteries run through a step-down transformer to increase current flow. The power is then stored in a set of high-capacity capacitors before being released.
Weight: Accelerator (Barrel, loading and trigger assembly): 6kg, Backpack: 48kg

Notes:
This weapon is not science fiction. Although some of the velocity and range figures have been estimated, the materials required to build it (Mostly Steel, low-resistance wire, transformers, a few BIG capacitors) are completely within the range of a civilian with a good hardware and electronics store at hand. I have a prototype for this weapon.
Niobium is a low-resistance transition metal. Much like titanium, but more useful in applications involving electricity.


I do realise its huge, but i like to go into detail on my work...

Tarott
11/07/2005 2:44 AM

Hey! How are you, Arania? I never thaught you'd pull through! Man, pretty spiffy BIO, but you haven't told us how you're going to join in. Where does he start, etc.

Flandrake
11/07/2005 4:10 PM


Fair enough, fair enough. I just realised, my character is way too overpowered, and it must be pissing people off. I'm going to bring in a new char. Can I start again if I kill off my scientist?


If you don't want to play your scientist you can bring in a new character. And it's not really your character that is "overpowered" it's just the device he has. I mean making food out of basically nothing? Not to mention that he can just waste zombies without a thought. You can play a new character if you want but if you really like Davian I have no problem with you continuing to play as him just keep that super-object of his in check.

Flandrake
11/07/2005 4:36 PM

Arania, you are welcome to join but your character seems rather young for all of his accomplishments. I mean, I suppose we could have two young geniuses but that is sort of lame. Although it really wouldn't affect your character RPing in this story per say I think it's a bit much in general.

Arania
11/07/2005 10:31 PM


Arania, you are welcome to join but your character seems rather young for all of his accomplishments.



I see what you mean. now that i look back on it i can see that he is a bit young to have crammed that in. perhaps 48 years old? older?
I can see what you mean by the 'young genius' idea, although it does provide some humourous relief if the two end up being rivals (although thats probably not likely, nor advisable in a resident evil RP). In all seriousness, most of those jobs and degrees arent that much use in the field due to lack of a equipment (Unless umbrella corp. managed to cram a particle accelerator into Warren city... unlikely). All he is really good at is chemistry and making impromptu explosives, everything else is rather useless.
Im rather curious as to whether of not posession of the accelerator is ok (The massdriver), in actual fact the backpack is probably heavier, and the refire can be dulled down if it seems to powerful (Recharge and cooldown takes about 30 seconds in RL)

As for where I arrive... i was thinking that i have been boarded up in a highrise hotel (on vacation) since about a week before the infection. I was thinking i could just be fed up with being crammed inside a 20-th floor apartment and decided to steal a car from the basement and make a run for it, on the way running into some more of the survivors and making my way to the safehouse...

Tarott
11/07/2005 11:49 PM

So be it. Davian will die in an increasingly comical way..... Heres my new Char

Name:Joseph "Jay" Garnex
Age: 27
Marital Status: Unmarried
Blood Type: B-
Occupation: Ex-mobster
Description: Tall, Muscular, Albino
History: Born in Florida, Jay quickly found himself in the wrong crowd. He quickly rose through the ranks of the Florida Gangs Aliance. He eventually became the Gang leader's Second in Command. Tensions mounted when the leader demanded to test Jay's loyalty by killing his family. Jay didn't take it very well. He stole all of the gang's excess funds, and escaped to Warren city to live it up. That was 2 years ago. Now, as Jay is holed up in the presidential suite of an expensive high-rise (same as Arania's), but will soon venture into the street. His weapons of choice include dual 9mm OSSOCOMs and a home-made gauntlette with chainhooks on the end.

Flark
11/10/2005 7:58 AM

Hello Arania, welcome to the RP. Sorry the first thing I'm going to say to you is negative, but...

OOC: Hope you guys dont mind first person...

I HATE first person style posts! We'll have to wait and see what Flan says, but I hope to god he makes you change it. No one else is using 'first person', and can you imagine how confusing it would be if we all did...

Flandrake
11/10/2005 8:19 PM


OOC: Hope you guys dont mind first person...


We do, change it.

Arania, 48 should be alright I suppose. As I was saying, I know they wouldn't affect the RP much it's just with all those accomplishments in his character bio he would need to be older than 28. Location is fine. As for the mass driver, why would he have it with him when he is on vacation? That doesn't make much sense to me so I would say no on having it.

Tarott, the new character looks fine.

I've been rather sick and tired the past few days so I haven't been on. It's moved to just my throat right now so no more fever means I should be able to get back on track by the end of this weekend.

Also, I'm going to be gone all Saturday.


[Edited by Flandrake on Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:23 PM]

Arania
11/11/2005 6:17 PM


We do, change it.


I sincerely apologise. I am a member of another forum that has a freeform RP that I use First person on. No offence intended, i was unaware that you all hated First Person so severly.



As for the mass driver, why would he have it with him when he is on vacation? That doesn't make much sense to me so I would say no on having it.


He didnt bring it with him on vacation. He began it's construction shortly after the infection was noticable (4-6 days ago), I could easily build it in that time span, so i daresay he, with the chaos of the infection would be able to 'acquire' the neccesary components (about 10m of Bell wire, a large backpack, about 20 high-capacitance capacitors, about 4 50cm*50cm sheets of strong plastic, silicone insulator, and some heavy-duty cable), and construct the device in the barricaded hotel room.

Flandrake
11/16/2005 6:40 PM


He didnt bring it with him on vacation. He began it's construction shortly after the infection was noticable (4-6 days ago), I could easily build it in that time span, so i daresay he, with the chaos of the infection would be able to 'acquire' the neccesary components (about 10m of Bell wire, a large backpack, about 20 high-capacitance capacitors, about 4 50cm*50cm sheets of strong plastic, silicone insulator, and some heavy-duty cable), and construct the device in the barricaded hotel room.


Very well.

Things have been really been packed in to my life lately and I'm rather busy. I haven't been able to get online that often this past week and I apologize if this has affected anything drastically. Anyways, I should be able to come back sometime next week.

Flark
11/17/2005 8:55 AM


Things have been really been packed in to my life lately and I'm rather busy. I haven't been able to get online that often this past week and I apologize if this has affected anything drastically. Anyways, I should be able to come back sometime next week.

That's okay Flandrake. No worries.

Tarott
12/11/2005 11:58 PM

Hey guys, what do I do if Arania gets kicked during the Exudus?

vampirelcs
12/12/2005 2:41 AM

Sorry guys My life has been realy busy... But Im not leaving! So I should post soon Sorry...

Flark
12/14/2005 1:17 PM


(OOC: this is where my old character origionally appeared. btw, is the safehouse IN the Umbrellacorp building, or is it somewhere else?)

Yes, we're using the Umbrella corp building as our 'safehouse'. The labs where mine and Flandrakes characters are is underground beneath it.

Flandrake
01/02/2006 9:08 PM

Hey guys, I'm planning on leaving the RPGC soon but I don't intend to leave things undone. I was wondering if you wanted me to close up the thread soon or just turn over control of/kill my current characters.

-Thanks

Flandrake

Flark
01/03/2006 7:56 AM

Sorry to hear you're leaving, Flandrake.

I'd be happy enough for you to close up the thread soon. Although if someone else wants to take over control, that's fine by me too...

Flandrake
01/03/2006 6:09 PM


I'd be happy enough for you to close up the thread soon. Although if someone else wants to take over control, that's fine by me too...


I figure I'll wait till this weekend and if no one posts anything else about keeping this thread alive then I shall take steps to end the thread.

vampirelcs
01/04/2006 12:23 AM

I would love to keep playing but Im not really able to take control of the forum at this point.

Flandrake
01/11/2006 7:32 PM

Okay so I guess I shall work towards closing the thread. Sorry I didn't post earlier but this past week as been really busy for me.

Basically my first goal is to either combine the arcs together again or to have one group do something that drastically affects the other groups.

So first things first, Ash and co. need to get the antidote and get back to the rest of the team and find a way out which I'm thinking will be along the train tracks, at least back to the first room.

Also, Lucas and Casey need to figure out what to do now that the Chief is dead.

So, let's get down to bussiness!

Flark
01/12/2006 8:54 AM


So first things first, Ash and co. need to get the antidote and get back to the rest of the team and find a way out which I'm thinking will be along the train tracks, at least back to the first room.

Well Raymond's still working away trying to open up that air vent, so I'll leave finding the antidote to Ash and his buddies, then we can take it from there...

The RPG Consortium - http://www.rpgconsortium.com