New Year thoughts
On Sunday, December 28, 2008, my husband had gone into the hospital. Diagnosis: diabetic ketoacidosis, which is another way of saying he had critically high blood sugar levels. He had been in the ICU until about 10:00pm the next night, December 29. Then, Tuesday, he was in a "normal" room all day, with all signs pointing to him getting out Wednesday, hopefully. They took his lines feeding into his IV tubes out, so things began looking up. Then, Wednesday I get the call from Rick, telling me they are getting his paperwork ready for his release, and that news felt extraordinary. I got to spend New Years Eve with my husband, which is awesome, because since he and I first started dating, we have been together for every New Years Eve.
Now, I know I titled this as "New Year thoughts", and I do have some of those, though it may come out sounding a bit ranty. But hey, it's me, and it just wouldn't be the same if I didn't get a bit ranty. My thoughts, in this new year (because it's no longer 2008, but 2009) are as follows. And yes, some are repeats of thoughts that I continually have throught every year, but it's a new year....you see where I'm going with this.
1. Yes, it sucks when people die, but if you lose your grandma who is 90, or a great-great-great-great-grandma (as my friend's idiot wife did), then try to not get too damned depressed about it. When people get old, it tends to become expected of them to die. So please, when something else is going on, something that you have no idea what to expect next, and that thing affects the future of a young family, don't make stupid comments about death coming in threes, or throw your old ass relative dying into the mix. They were OLD, ya dig? They were going to die anyway, and if they are REALLY FUCKING OLD, then don't be surprised, shocked, or act like the world is ending when they kick over. They should have died sooner rather than later anyway.
2. Yes, I will be taking my attitude with thought number one with me when my grandmother, who is in her 70's, dies. I keep expecting it to happen sooner or later, and yes, I will show grief when appropriate, but it will not take over my life.
3. Leave work at work, don't bring it home with you, especially if it tends to make you a little nuts.
4. NEVER ASK ME TO MAKE FUCKING BROWNIES EVER!!!!!!!!!! I still hate those damn things.
5. Family should come through for you when they say they are going to do something. It doesn't matter how big or small the issue at hand is, if you say you are going to do it, then do it.
6. Kids, while lovable, start to piss you off after their bed time, especially if they keep running outside of their room after they have been tucked in, and read stories.
7. Even if your kid pisses you off, and you think they stole your life because you were too damn stupid to keep your legs crossed when you were young, there is no excuse to murder them and dump their bodies. Give them up for adoption if you want your life, or just never have sex. It's better for them, yourself, and society if you do.
8. GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE. Stupid people who use them kill people. Restrictions on firearms will not fix anything, especially when you consider the fact that the people that are using them to kill others are either cops, or people who will just find other, illegal ways to get what they want.
9. I hate Vista.
10. WWE is awesome entertainment, for both guys and girls. Senseless (and 95% fake) violence, soap opera type story lines, women who wear little (for the guys and lesbians, or bis), and men with drool worthy bodies who wear little (for women, gay guys, or, bisexuals).
11. A large portion of society is comprised of idiots, therefore I propose we come up with some sort of license to breed.
12. WoW is an awesome thing, but the drama that sometimes goes with the people who play it, not so much.
Those are just a few thoughts, the ones right off the top of my head. No, this is not anything that will be updated, at least not on this particular one. I may come up with more thoughts at a later date, but those will get seperate posts. I'm off to check mail, and do other, WoW related things.