Using Movies/TV for your Sci Fi RPGs
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Using Movies/TV for your Sci Fi RPGs

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
Dream_Knight
Using Movies/TV for your Sci Fi RPGs

Contributor: Platinum: This member has donated over $200 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,841

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 7, 2005 5:34 AM
What movie or TV ideas have you pulled to us in your Sci-Fi adventures? My favorite would have been the adventure where Q actually showed up in an adventure. It actually STARTED out as a fantasy RPG but moved into a Sci-Fi one when they had to travel into the future to "save" humanity. lol

As a game master, what plots have yo pulled from Movie/TV for your sci-fi adventures?

Chung
"You ever get the feeling sometimes, you're being punished for your sins?" - Jeff Bridges, The Fisher King
 Message #280913
Aaron
RE: Using Movies/TV for your Sci Fi RPGs

Sweepsweek 1st Place: Member has won 1st place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 298

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday October 8, 2005 10:26 PM
Not so much as the plot, but in one game I pulled the whole tunnel set up that I recalled from watching the old Gummi Bear cartoons in how that there was a mass tunnel system that led to mysterious spots.

Also from House II: The Second Story, I pulled the whole caterpuppy thing as a strange creature that they came across in a lab.
"As the LORD lives, and as you yourself live, I will be with you."
 Message #281007 - This was a reply to message #280913
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday October 9, 2005 3:47 PM
'Resident Evil' seems to be quite popular at the moment. I'm currently taking part in the Resident Evil:Warren City RP which is managed by Flandrake. I think there have been at least three different 'Resident Evil' RPs here at the RPGC since I became a member. Even when people get bored of 'Resident Evil', I'm sure they'll always be zombie RPs around.

I think it's good to see George A. Romero making another comeback with 'Land of the Dead'. I havn't got around to seeing it yet, but I will do. I suspect it won't be too long before we're seeing more zombie RPs on the boards again.

Another movie orientated RP which I've taken part in here at the RPGC (as GM) is Aliens: Return to LV-426. I think you can pretty much guess what that one was all about just from the title.

Anyway, that's my piece said...
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #281028 - This was a reply to message #280913
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday October 9, 2005 3:54 PM
I try to avoid using any character from a Sci-fi series of any type, but the plotlines, orginizations, and creatures are fair game.

First, most plotlines are parts of the Metamyth concepts, im most cases. Therefore, the plot ideas are game. Will I be altering the plot some, yuo better bet on it.

Second, the universe wouldn't be the same if you don't include creatures and orginizations which exist in the story in question (Star Wars for example, Wookies, Droids, and Jabba's Crime Syndicate are ok for use.)

However, the specific characters are not something I will allow my players to deal with. Leia, Han, Luke, and Jabba himself will be not be someone they will be able to get to personally, unless there is some extreme circimstance. Vader is not coming to get you personally, you force using rebel, because you are not his kids, deal with it. Oh, that's another issue too. If you are in a time period in the story where some specific type of character is some uber-rare/special thing, you will not be playing it. If I am running the SW game during the Imperial Domination, then no, you can't be some old retired Jedi. There were TWO of them at that point; you are not going to play Yoda or Ben. Deal with itn
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #281030 - This was a reply to message #281007

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1