PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Lich_Nexus
Good vs. Evil; A Campaign

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 15, 2010 3:23 PM
Finally!

I'm on the opposite side of DM's screen, implying who is now the rules raping dickhead.

My friend has started an intersting game, one with two groups playing seperate from each other. One group is on the side of light, the others are not; and what each do, can have an effect on the other. I'm playing on the dark side duo. I'm a human true necromancer while my compatriate is a changling rouge/assassin. We started the session at 6th level, and thus far we've progressed to 8th. The setting is Greyhawkish, Saltmarsh, sample detailed city from the DMG II. Core deities with one exception; Baccob has three celestial offspring known as Luntari, Solinari, and Nutari... and mages must join one of these orders and be tested, or face being hunted down.

(Yeah... my DM's a tonze that way)

And The Ruins of Undermountian are under this city, but only the first three levels thus far.

Highlights thus far consist of an assassination of a white robed mage. My friend has thus far secured four different identities; one of which joined the theives guild, one of which joined the assassins guild. It was an acceptence mission on behalf of the assassins guild in which we took this quest.

We dispatched this mage and his bodyguard and siezed his property. The changling assumed his identity and started some minor shit within the mage order, then made a public sale of the deeds to his property to me and disappeared. We sold the property to my black robe master; who showed up and informed me (under no uncertain circumstances) that I was his new apprentice and he'll prepare me for the test. Coincidently, he is the one who conscripted the assassins guild to assassinate the white robed one...
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #337534
Lich_Nexus
RE: Good vs. Evil; A Campaign

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 15, 2010 3:57 PM
... so while on the way to the white mage's abode, my compatriate sniffed out a hobgoblin ambush. After ascertaining we indeed, were not the targets of this ambush we went on our merry way. I'll note the white mages bodyguard was a bugbear monk. Me and my skeletal minion dispatched him quite nicely. I buried his body as he'll provide an excellent undead minion when I get my create undead class ability.

We learned the hobgoblins ambushed a merchant whom dealt in magical wares, and his daughter was left an orphan. My compatriate got the idea to adopt this girl and train her in the arts of killing for a profit. But she was unavalible as she was being retained to be adopted by one of the city concil members. So my friend got another. While training her in the finer points, he learned the mistress of the orphanage was a cruel woman, and children taken to the basement never returned. He still wanted the other girl to train so we stormed the orphanage.

Which was a front for a cult cell of Vecna, and the councilman is their leader (haha). The mistress and Lurch the butler were knocked the fuck out and we went to retrieve the girl. Couldn't find her... so we went into the basement and found some cells holding two children. One was a catatonic boy, the other a seven year old girl. Through some questions we learned it was a front for a Vecna cult and the "naughty" kids were used for ritual sacrifice...

Then the girl, Lily... eyes go white and she speaks in a otherworldly voice and warns us if we don't leave soon, we will be dead soon. I got an idea to fuck with the cell, so i slit the mistress' throat, pulled out her tongue and severed it. Left a note carved in her flesh that read, "she couldn't hold her secrets"... then slit Lurch's wrist and placed the dagger in his dead hand.

Mental note: when killing Vecna cultists, remove and destroy their eyes.

Message #337535 - This was a reply to message #337534
Lich_Nexus

Thursday July 15, 2010 5:07 PM
The changling had a meeting set up with councilman (CM) prior to our excursion into the orphanage. So the following day, he met with him. The changling honestly told the CM his part in the nights excapades, his intentions with the orphan girl, and his intention to take over both the assassins guild and the theives guild. The CM forgave his transgression and stated before he assumes control of any guild, he must deliever *hands the changling a perfect sketch of my face* "his" head on a platter.

Through sucessful arcana and religion knowledge checks I remeber a reference to a Vecnite spell "dead man's eyes"... and the CM probably used it to watch me kill his lover... so the ruse only half-worked as he thinks I'm a cult member of a rival cell.

Meanwhile:

The girl, Lily seems to talk with a beautiful redheaded sorcerer woman when no one is around. And when I took her to the shrine of Wee Jas, she knelt and spoke perfect ancient Suloise, plus she can channel raw divine power. And here I'm a decendant of the Suel Empire, plus a devout worshipper of Wee Jas... so I get to play daddy too.

When looting the white mage's shit, I saved some documents with a quick ray of frost and mending spell. These documents cantained maps and details on an artifact... the white mage's and my master's life pursuit... and one piece is in Undermountian. My master wants it, so next session, we are off to acquire it.

But beforehand:

1. Player knowledge knows it was the good group who rescued the orphan from the hobgoblins so I'm going to gather some information, then send them a letter congradulating them on rescuing the girl only to deliver her into the hands of a cult of Vecna and get them to go after the councilman... plus offer myself as a benefactor one can contact through the shrine to Wee Jas, as to keep up on their progress.

2. I'm going to send the severed tongue to the councilman via mail. Inside, with the tongue I will have a peice of parchment with a coded message. The coded message is actually a secret page spell, and when the councilman decodes it, it will provide the password to see the true letter's contents. With that letter I will state I know the location of The Sword of Kas, and imply I've hired the good group to acquire it and in turn have it dominate one of their members so they'll hunt down both the Eye of Vecna and the Hand of Venca... which I'll claim for myself... and soon, he'll call me master. The letter will then detonate via an explosive runes spell.

Jihad bitch!

3. I'm going to return to the former white mage's, now my masters keep and fabricate myself a nice wand and write some scrolls. Plus, I'm going to throw a create undead on the dead bugbear monk and make myself another minion. Then off to Undermountian...

Can't wait 'til next session!

[[Edited by Lich_Nexus on Friday July 16, 2010 5:01 AM]]

Message #337536 - This was a reply to message #337535
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 17, 2010 11:11 AM
Lich...I envy you. Sounds like a hell of a game. Any chance you could "accidently" steal your DM's soul and send it to me in a jar? My DM could use a good lesson on using a story in his game.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #337556 - This was a reply to message #337536
Lich_Nexus

Saturday July 17, 2010 4:57 PM
Nix, take some initiative for yourself. While my friend Jeremy is a good DM, he also has good players as most of the story comes from our characters interacting with the city and with the residents of the city. While he has a plan and purpose, thus far he has been winging it based off our actions.

Is your DM knowledgeable in the game, the rules, etc... and can he/she wing it? That's what I think makes a good DM. The storyline is up to the players as much as it is up to the DM.

Message #337561 - This was a reply to message #337556
TheShadowlord

MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 19, 2010 6:16 AM
Sounds fun.

Just started a new game after a nigh-TPK, leaving the Empire in a terrible jam. Lack of guts and derring-do on part of the PCs doomed two major families.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337571 - This was a reply to message #337561
Lich_Nexus

Saturday July 24, 2010 12:36 PM
QUOTED  Just started a new game after a nigh-TPK, leaving the Empire in a terrible jam.

My friends still give me shit over a TPK... unbalanced CR on my part.

QUOTED  Lack of guts and derring-do on part of the PCs doomed two major families.

WTF? What are they afraid of, their characters dying?! Just hit the reset button. My severage tongue-exploding letter gambit might get my ass put in the dead book, but mother-fuckers got to learn they shouldn't put a contract out on someone who venerates death.

Message #337618 - This was a reply to message #337571
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 25, 2010 5:29 PM
Urgh, we need to get back into playing regularly. That sounds super fun.

At the moment there's too much working around peoples' schedules- two of the guys are going out with teachers so because they're on holidays they want to do things, sigh, and another one insists on having a wife and children and lets her restrain him to one session a week. I haven't gotten to play my awesome (and morally questionable) warlock in about a year
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #337638 - This was a reply to message #337618
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 31, 2010 11:18 AM
QUOTED  Is your DM knowledgeable in the game, the rules, etc...

One is (we rotate between three, including myself)...and that seems to be the problem. He has little imagination and zero in winging-it skills, which makes him stick overly close to the DM guide's formula.

As far as me taking the initiative: I try, but the players get in the way. We have two newbies who started last summer, and five of us that have been playing for several years. Before we older players worked the new guys in pretty well, but the days of highschool are long behind and that leads to shaky attendance. Which in turn leads to confusion in storyline and the whole thing spirals into a muckball...

But, I have to deal with what the dice show so to speak, otherwise I wouldn't be a gamer.
[[Edited by Silveran on Saturday July 31, 2010 3:39 PM]]

[[Edited by Nix on Wednesday August 4, 2010 10:35 AM]]
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #337695 - This was a reply to message #337561
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Saturday July 31, 2010 3:40 PM
I don't know why you had your post with the beginning of a quote tag, but I closed it for your Nix....
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #337697 - This was a reply to message #337695

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2