Alien Races
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Alien Races

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
Dream_Knight
Alien Races

Contributor: Platinum: This member has donated over $200 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,841

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 7, 2005 5:34 AM
What were your favorite alien race to play in any sci-fi RPG you've done? I'm the kinda of guy who always played the "humans" so I don't really have a particular favorite alien race myself. I do however liked playing an Invid back in the Robotech days. What would be one of yours?

Chung
"You ever get the feeling sometimes, you're being punished for your sins?" - Jeff Bridges, The Fisher King
 Message #280912
The_Undying
RE: Alien Races

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 4

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday November 30, 2009 9:15 AM
Yes, hello everyone. I'm new here.

The Saiv, an interstellar race of my own creation. They are are an emotionless species of their particular genus Saivus, as they were created by gods and are not the product of evolution. They are silicon based and respire using ammonia in place of water. Though they are near-human, their distinctions include an aptitude for finesse and athleticism, superior physiology, heightened stature, longevity and carpal claws. The harsh nature of their homeworld reflects their warrior culture and fierce sense of personal honor, and a lack of androcentrism wherein females are as likely to be seen on a battlefield as their male counterparts.

Children are expected to be proficient in hand-to-hand combat by the biological age of 7 or 8 years. They are expected to be brilliantly proficient with a sword by the biological age of 16, which is the coming-of-age.

Outside sources describe their accent as reminiscent of Romance Spanish, but their language as evocative of death and dying.

The main governing body of the race is the technologically advanced Saiv Empire. It is controlled by a complex system of kritarchial leadership and physiological stratification, all commandeered by a mythological God-Emperor.

The discrimination of other alien species is important to their society and, incidentally, no non-Saiv has ever set foot on their homeworld. They despise future age humans in particular; the moment Earth is consumed by flames will be a day of festival for the Empire.
 Message #335696 - This was a reply to message #280912
The_Undying

Initiare

Wednesday December 2, 2009 10:51 AM
Is this thread still active?
 Message #335705 - This was a reply to message #335696
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 3, 2009 10:17 AM
QUOTED  [Posted By Dream_Knight on 10.07.2005 5:34 AM]

I think that would be a no.....but with your post it got resurrected for a bit.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #335708 - This was a reply to message #335705
The_Undying

Initiare

Friday December 4, 2009 10:13 AM
I see. What are your thoughts on the race? Any other active threads?
 Message #335710 - This was a reply to message #335708
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 4, 2009 11:13 AM
The holidays tend to be a little slow, The community section is active, and I see the FFRP are has some new posts. Poke around in there for role playing threads that are ongoing or maybe even submit your own in the interest query thread.

As for the race... Initially I thought they were a little TOO strong. Then I read it again. The Xenophobic (for lack of a better term) tendencies give a mental weakness that could be exploited in diplomatic situations, while the need to breathe ammonia would limit there ability to just walk on to Earth and finish the humans off. Specialized breathing apparatus = Target.
All in all, I think they'd be a formidable foe in space or on their home world, but I wouldn't want to square off in a hand to hand conflict with them.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #335712 - This was a reply to message #335710
The_Undying

Initiare

Friday December 4, 2009 1:22 PM
I'll have a look at those forums when I'm up to role-playing.

The fact that they are limited to ammonic environments is indeed a weakness. When they first ventured out into deep space, their colonisation progress was slowed due to a lack of said environments. They are forced to habiform most planets they encounter, which, combined with their enigmatic nature, makes them a hundred times as slow as us in spreading throughout neighbouring stars. Regardless, they have been spaceborne much longer than us and now control a large interstellar civilisation.

Their home system is illustrated here in their own monitor style (not to scale). Their homeworld is the second planet from the sun.

Message #335713 - This was a reply to message #335712

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1