PAGES: 1
Palthinon
A Song Of Ice and Fire RPG

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 3

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday September 6, 2009 11:35 PM
So I am starting a game with the new Green Ronin song of ice and fire game next Sunday. Tonight my players rolled up their House, and let me tell you I love this mechanic, And They haven't named it yet but they have fulfilled everything else. I am very excited about this to be honest. I am a huge fan of the books and all but 2 of my players have read at least the first the book. Timeline wise I am setting it to begin right before Robert's Rebellion, the choice of which side to choose being one of the key events in the beginning of the campaign. Do they follow the Tully banners to Robert's aid, or does their loyalty to the Targaryens cause them to side against not only Robert but their banner lord? Not that the house has been made next Sunday I am planning a 3 fold process, Initial character creation, followed by a few mechanics based scenarios set around what they intend their characters to want to be able to do followed by a second character building session to be used to move things around and make some changes to the characters after they see how the system works.

I have created an Obsidian Portal Site where I'll be (hopefully) keeping everything updated and running. The only thing thats there right now is the basic information of the House as rolled up by the players. The historical events are fairly open yet as the players have done the basic details and will flush them out more through out the week.

Also if anyone is running or playing in a song of ice and fire game and has any advice or insights into the system and what not feel free to share. I am such a big fan of the series and the world GRRM made I want to make this game as great as I can.
 Message #334564
nanuk
RE: A Song Of Ice and Fire RPG

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 9:25 AM
I'm drooling right now.

My brother has the setting book, and I think he's played a few games, although not in a while- he has, however, in the interim persuaded most of his friends to read the books so there's hope for the near future, lol.

He's actually just about to start a game combining house rules and a homebrew setting with unisystem and the ASOIAF setting rules (using some of its qualities/drawbacks etc- like Skinwalker, mwahah!), so if any issues come up I'll drop a line here to let you know in case some trouble shooting is necessary.

In the meantime I may push for him to run a game at just the time you mentioned, lol.

It's a good choice on your part, I reckon, because it leaves lots of room for intrigue- lots of dealing and side-shifting behind people's backs for both you and your players, lol.

Are you going with established houses from the books, or are they doing their own? The latter might be more interesting as you won't necessarily know who ends up aligned where in the end.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #334625 - This was a reply to message #334564
Bowgentle
RE: A Song Of Ice and Fire RPG

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 1

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 22, 2010 1:59 PM
I am not sure if either of you are still around. But I am desperately looking for other people who play the Ice and Fire RPG. If you get my message and have the time please drop me a line. I would like to chat about the game and other links you may have to other players ect.

Thanks, Bowgentle

PS: Sebrastaka@hotmail.com

[[Edited by Bowgentle on Thursday July 22, 2010 2:00 PM]]
 Message #337604 - This was a reply to message #334564

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1