Your Favorite Sci-Fi RPG
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Your Favorite Sci-Fi RPG

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 22 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Dream_Knight
Your Favorite Sci-Fi RPG

Contributor: Platinum: This member has donated over $200 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,841

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 7, 2005 5:34 AM
Among the Sci-Fi RPG systems out there that I've played, I have to say my favorites were Paranoia, Mekton and Robotech. I remember Gamma World and other post modern sci-fi's as well. What are your favorite Sci-Fi's you've played?

Chung
"You ever get the feeling sometimes, you're being punished for your sins?" - Jeff Bridges, The Fisher King
 Message #280911
Arandur
RE: Your Favorite Sci-Fi RPG

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 983

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 7, 2005 7:47 AM
Hmmm, favourite Sci-Fi game systems. Well I have to agree with Robotech there Chung though the system itself (Palladium) kind of let it down for me, but I loved the setting as I remember watching the cartoon early Saturday mornings. Besides, who wouldn't like playing a Veritech pilot and blasting the crap out of the Zentraedi/Invid invaders?

I'd personally like to add Cyberpunk (either 2013 or 2020 editions), the West End Games version of Star Wars, Fading Suns and also Living Steel to that mix. Four very different game settings and systems but all three I hold very dear to my black little heart in terms of RPGs.

I also really enjoyed Hell on Earth, the Deadlands RPG setting that was based in the near future. Kind of a post apocalyptic setting (like a Mad Max film) but with all the Harrowed storyline from the original Deadlands setting. if you liked Deadlands then I suggest checking this supplement/setting out it is awesome, but stay away from Denver.

Arandur

[[Edited by Arandur on Friday October 7, 2005 8:10 AM]]
I hereby reclaim this thread in the name of Dark Emperor Chung. All bow before his benevolent gaze or suffer his wrath and be slapped to death with a drunken french lobster. The RPGC will ALWAYS belong to the loyalist faction.

Arandur, Bearer of the Wooden Paddle of Retribution and Keeper of Emperor Chung's Swear-Word Jar
 Message #280928 - This was a reply to message #280911
Mr_Cannon

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 6

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday October 11, 2005 10:07 AM
I have got to give a HUGE YES to Paranoia! That game is brilliant. What fun.

Star Wars d6, Cyberpunk, and Robotech will get my nod as well. Just all around fun games to play (although I agree with Arandur that Palladium is painfull).

I also have to say I have always emjoyed running Mutant Chronicles as well. It's system is cluncky but something about it always gave me a lot of gaming material. Although, now that I look back very little of my games ever involved the Supernatural side of the setting.
Interesting.

Mr Cannon
 Message #281140 - This was a reply to message #280911
Arandur

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 983

Tuesday October 11, 2005 10:31 AM
Ahhh Mutant Chronicles, the closest thing out there to a Warhammer 40k RPG. Nothing like carrying a Vindicator assault cannon on snow covered Venus and taking out some of the Dark Apsotles minions. Yeah Chronicles was a fun game...

Arandur
I hereby reclaim this thread in the name of Dark Emperor Chung. All bow before his benevolent gaze or suffer his wrath and be slapped to death with a drunken french lobster. The RPGC will ALWAYS belong to the loyalist faction.

Arandur, Bearer of the Wooden Paddle of Retribution and Keeper of Emperor Chung's Swear-Word Jar
 Message #281148 - This was a reply to message #281140
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday October 11, 2005 4:20 PM
Hmmm, I've played Paranoia, SW d10, Aeon/Trinity, Gamma World, Cyberpunk, and a game caled Engel for te d20 system.

My favorite has to be Paranoid, "Citizen are you happy?"

I did like Aeon/Trinity, and I still have my first edition game book (the one that still said Aeon before the stickers and reprints), Engel is a sci-fi only if it's looked at in specific way.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #281199 - This was a reply to message #281148
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Wednesday October 26, 2005 5:06 AM
Paranoia is a blast. Hugely entertaining, especially when you see people lose three clones in the space of 5 seconds to religion.

Other than that, the only SF games I've actually played are SWd20 and a little Deadlands Hell on Earth.

Of games I like but haven't played are Engel (it's scifi because of the GM's secret) and Robotech.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #282409 - This was a reply to message #281199
neurozombie

Initiare
MP: 3

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 7, 2005 6:28 AM
Cyberpunk 2020 or maybe the CODS version of star Trek would have to be my current faves, tho I am still on the lookout for that "perfect" generic Sci-Fi game for me.
NeuroZombie
Deaditor of ShriekFreak Quarterly
www.shriekfreak.com
 Message #285975 - This was a reply to message #282409
Camdon

Initiare
MP: 1

Thursday December 8, 2005 12:35 PM
I've played Xenosaga: Die Wille Zur Macht. Its about aliens and future life, that's about it. It's alot like a FF game.
 Message #286202 - This was a reply to message #280911
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 8, 2005 3:22 PM
Hmmm, I have noticed a lot of people come here and talk about video-game RPGs....but that's not really what this is about, it's about pen and paper RPGs....

But, I do have to say both Xenosagas are good.

Citizen TheShadowlord, this is the Green Area, you have access for Blue Areas. Please remain where you are and a retreival team will be along shortly.

[[Edited by Silveran on Thursday December 8, 2005 3:25 PM]]
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #286234 - This was a reply to message #286202
gamergirl

Initiare
MP: 6

Sunday December 11, 2005 1:01 AM
I have started playing the new serenity rpg. Thats a fun sci fi if you can call it sci fi. We made it more scifi than western.
On a side note, I am a gamer in every aspect. If those of you who like rpg video games, But have never tried dies and paper and creativity, You should try it. It's fun to create your own world and characters from your imagination.
 Message #286452 - This was a reply to message #286234

Listing 1 to 10 of 22 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3