PAGES: 1
TheShadowlord
For shame

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 15, 2012 11:06 PM
I'm gone nearly 3 weeks and there are only 6 new posts?
Come on, people.

Anyway, just got back from a couple weeks of droughty, heat-wavey Midwest USA, having gone over to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Visited Madison and Urbana (IL), where my aunt lives and my grandparents lived, respectively. Ate too much at your absurdly cheap American restaurants and fast food joints (got a hot dog after we got off the plane in Oslo. $7. ouch). Drank too much beer, saw just about everyone on my mother's side of the family, barring a couple of cousins that couldn't make it (we were about 30 people, all told. Grandma, my 6 aunts, uncles, cousins and various SOs). Such lovely people and I wish I could have spent longer with everyone.
Bought about 40 new books (old ones, actually), including 4 Tanith Lee and a near mint copy of the 0D&D module "Red Arrow, black shield", which is a good haul no matter how you look at it.

Managed to lose my debit/credit card the very first day and had to spend several hours panicking to get the thing blocked. Spent the entire vacation not knowing if it turned out all right (it did).

But I've been travelling for many hours now. For some reason it's always more exhausting coming home than going to. My gf went to bed at 1 pm and has resisted to all attempts to get wake her.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341075
Avenging_Angel
RE: For shame

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 16, 2012 12:51 AM
Hey, you were only a state away from me and MaeMae. No wonder the weather was so bloody awful.

Was this your first time in the states?
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341080 - This was a reply to message #341075
TheShadowlord
RE: For shame

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 16, 2012 3:10 PM
Born there, lived my first 5 years in Urbana and Anchorage. Spent every other summer visiting my grandparents so that my sister and I knew them best of all their grandkids because we saw them more often even if the others lived closer.

Would have loved to see some of you guys, but time constraints and the losing of the card, making me dependant on my gf and parents (talk about humiliating), kind of precluded any chances of doing that. Anyway, If I had more time I probably would have gone to Sodus, NY, which I haven't been to for 16+ years.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341082 - This was a reply to message #341080

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1