PAGES: 1
mythusmage
Could Somebody Explain to Me?

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 11

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 22, 2012 9:07 AM
Could somebody explain to me how an ordinary ape like the sasquatch got to be deemed paranormal?
 Message #341470
Avenging_Angel
RE: Could Somebody Explain to Me?

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341472 - This was a reply to message #341470
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 22, 2012 6:32 PM
This will be a general purpose post in reply to your posts across the forums.

1) hi, welcome to the boards and don't piss off the Grammarians For Freedom.

2) please learn how to compose proper posts. So far you posts have been minimal in the extreme. Quite frankly, I have heard better-phrased questions from 5 year olds. Once you have hung around here enough that we start to know the person behind the posts you can cut back on more formal posting details and phrase things in this way.
As it is, you are leaving out so many necessary details that we don't really know whether or not to take you seriously, whether you are trying to be funny, are just ignorant or an idiot (ignorance can easily be cured. Idiocy is hard to do anything with).

Also, if you post a question one place you do not need to post it again in the same forum.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341475 - This was a reply to message #341472
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Sunday November 25, 2012 6:29 PM
First off, cryptozoology, which is the study of creatures that are hidden and may or may not exist, can, and often does, belong in the paranormal realm. And before you ask how, let me remind you that the definition of the term "paranormal" is, in general terms, something or an experience that does not fall into scientific or normal explanation or experience. Therefore, things like UFO's, ghosts, and, yes, sasquatch, will fall into the paranormal category. Why? Because you can't explain it. Ergo, sasquatch, falling into the cryptozoology category, is, in fact, paranormal. He is not, as you put it, and ordinary ape. Ordinary apes are not seven feet tall, walk upright, and live in Oregon. Sasquatch does.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341486 - This was a reply to message #341470
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Tuesday November 27, 2012 4:17 AM
Not quite right, Mae. Inexplicable phenomena are the realm of science. Just because we don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Things which people believe in but which have yet to be proven to exist despite the ages of attempts (and are attributed qualities which directly contradict what we know of natural laws) are paranormal/supernatural.

/pedantry
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341496 - This was a reply to message #341486
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Tuesday November 27, 2012 8:36 AM
Ballpark, SL, ballpark.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341497 - This was a reply to message #341496
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday November 27, 2012 2:12 PM
Argueably, paranormal studies are science. They seek to explain that which others claim to have experienced in a rational, provable, and repeatable manner. Unfortunstely, there are a lot of stubborn believers who get mixed in the lot.

(We all agree this was a poor attempt at trolling, right?)
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341500 - This was a reply to message #341497
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Tuesday November 27, 2012 2:12 PM
Argueably, paranormal studies are science. They seek to explain that which others claim to have experienced in a rational, provable, and repeatable manner. Unfortunstely, there are a lot of stubborn believers who get mixed in the lot.

(We all agree this was a poor attempt at trolling, right?)
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341501 - This was a reply to message #341497

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1