Urban Legends - True or False
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Urban Legends - True or False

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1
Shallandra
Urban Legends - True or False

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Savant
RK: 11
MP: 4,650

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
We've all gotten the e-mail warnings....or a message from a friend of a friend who knew someone's second cousin's grandmother twice removed that had something happen to her.

Let's see how well you know your legends. I will list 5 urban legends - two will be true, three will be false. See if you can guess which are fact and which are fiction!

And if you've heard of any on the list, you can chime in about that too. We'll keep going until the thread runs out of legends, or out of steam!

Here's your first list:

Parking lot carjackers are placing flyers on the rear windshields of automobiles, then taking the cars when drivers step out of their vehicles to remove the flyers.

Kryptonite brand locks can be picked with ordinary Bic pens.

The absence of a gap between object and reflection reveals the presence of a two-way mirror.

Prospective gang members are initiated by killing the drivers of cars who flash their headlights at them.

Some older model cordless phones call 911 by themselves when their batteries are dying.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~ Mario Andretti

"Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet." ~ Chinese Proverb

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton
 Message #286377
AnimusAniKorSaxcian
RE: Urban Legends - True or False

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 16, 2009 12:07 AM
I am almost one hundred percent positive that one and four are plausible and probably true. The other three I doubt only because they seem too normal. Too mundane.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334060 - This was a reply to message #286377
anbuanimagus
RE: Urban Legends - True or False

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 49

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday September 6, 2009 11:07 PM
QUOTED  I am almost one hundred percent positive that one and four are plausible and probably true. The other three I doubt only because they seem too normal. Too mundane.

I completely agree, but not for the same reason. The other three just sound false, I don't know how to explain it. The third I know is false because I watch waaaay too much Law and Order and other such criminal TV shows.
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #334563 - This was a reply to message #334060

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1