PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
DragonLady
RE: Ghosts - Fact or Fiction?

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 6, 2009 8:21 PM
Ok it will be our little secret that your brain turned to mush more than 4 years ago....SHHHHH don't tell anyone k?!?!?!?!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #332617 - This was a reply to message #332612
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Saturday August 15, 2009 9:33 PM
My friend, my brother, and myself were messing around with a Ouija board a few years back. We were all very much-so none believers. Now take in mind we were only about ten or eleven years old growing up in families that weren't really what you would call vulgar. We taunted the "spirit" for awhile making fun of it before asking the big question, "How am I going to die." The board wasted no time in spelling out the phrase "In Hell" to me. We freaked out and all swore that none of us made the pointer go to those words. We believed each other.

A few days later we decided that whatever spoke to me was not a entity to mess around with. We pulled it out once more and were going to burn it after wards. Midday we went outside and began to talk to it on the pavement. It cursed at me a few times and then began to spew out random statements like "I am Princess Diana and am being imprisoned in hell." It was almost to the point of Schizophrenia. My brother needed a break and walked into the open garage. As he approached a shelf he bent over for some reason that I can't quite remember. On the counter were paint cans stacked two high in a wall with a mounted dear head resting on the shelf behind them all. In some unexplained event, the deer head lifted over top of the cans and rolled off of the shelf almost landing on top of my brother. The cans were not moved at all.

As he ran out, terrified by the event I looked up at the hill on the other side of driveway where a graveyard rested just beyond a thin line of trees. I clearly saw a man dressed in a lab coat hiding behind a tree and peering out, looking directly at us. In disbelief I turned and walked toward the house. When I looked back it was gone.

Going back to the Ouija board we decided then and there to snap it in two. The board broke and no magnets or anything were found inside. The we stomped on the pointer. Just as it snapped we all saw a black floating orb like mass fly into the air with great speed and swiftly cut into the grass about three feet off of the driveway. Following it, we went directly to where the object landed and found no solid piece, but instead about an inch and a half diameter wide circle of completely dead grass.

What this was I am not sure. But I swear, it felt like something demonic. Something that truly hated us.

[[Edited by AnimusAniKorSaxcian on Saturday August 15, 2009 9:39 PM]]
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334055 - This was a reply to message #332617
StoicFervor

Ordo Aqua: Scholar
RK: 4
MP: 620

Sunday August 16, 2009 3:13 AM
QUOTED  We taunted the "spirit" for awhile making fun of it

QUOTED  But I swear, it felt like something demonic. Something that truly hated us.

Gee...any guesses why...?

Edit: The awesome irony of this is funny. For some reason, it keeps showing that there's an unread post here for me, although I've opened all the displayed threads just to make sure. Perhaps they don't like my sarcasm.

[[Edited by StoicFervor on Sunday August 16, 2009 3:19 AM]]
'Sic vis pacem para bellum'

Sometimes I aim to please, other times I shoot to kill.

"Enemies are the price of honour."

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Honesty might be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.
 Message #334069 - This was a reply to message #334055
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Sunday August 16, 2009 8:29 AM
Yeah I know...but still it was only kids being kids. Nothing super offensive.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334070 - This was a reply to message #334069
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 16, 2009 10:10 AM
QUOTED  Gee...any guesses why...?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Or fingers, I guess.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical, Animus - that's rather a lot to swallow. Kids messing around with those things always swear that they -never- would have made the pointer do anything. Add in a few weird coincidences, imaginations a-flutter from alarm, and embroider it a bit, and you've got something fit for Weird Tales.

Though, I find myself reminded of something a Wiccan acquaintance of mine said once... Ouija boards are like an internet chatroom. Someone untrained using one is like letting an untrained child use a chatroom.
You never know who you'll wind up talking to.

EDIT: Now my computer's being haunted by the phantom new post too. Anyone got an e-ja board?

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Sunday August 16, 2009 10:12 AM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #334075 - This was a reply to message #334070
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Sunday August 16, 2009 10:21 AM
Well, I understand your skepticism, but I know for sure the things I saw and things that happened. What it was I cannot say. Maybe it was all an elaborate coincident, but I know it definitely felt real to me at the time. I haven't touched a Ouija board since.

Message #334077 - This was a reply to message #334075
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 16, 2009 10:05 PM
Never EVER fuck around with a Ouija board. Real or not, it's just not a good thing to do.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #334103 - This was a reply to message #334077
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Sunday August 16, 2009 10:12 PM
QUOTED  Never EVER fuck around with a Ouija board. Real or not, it's just not a good thing to do.

Yeah, no kidding. You don't have to tell me twice.

Message #334105 - This was a reply to message #334103
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 20, 2009 6:35 PM
QUOTED  but I know for sure the things I saw and things that happened.

I know four people that would say exactly that about an instance with a Ouija board.

Because my brother and I have yet to tell them we were the ones responsible for everything that happened.

Just sayin'.

QUOTED  Never EVER fuck around with a Ouija board. Real or not, it's just not a good thing to do.

Entertained the hell out of me for several days. Hehe.

Granted, I don't believe in any of that kind of stuff. In another thread around here is a story of mine about something I can't explain, but I'd be more apt to believe something about some kind of latent energy left behind by people rather than a spirit dwelling in a place that can be communicated with after its death.

So, in closing, Ouija boards + willing audience = tons of fun.

Also, if there is a hell, I'll be burning there for an awfully long time.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #334218 - This was a reply to message #334105
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 20, 2009 7:37 PM
I'll keep the seat next to me warm for you buddy.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #334226 - This was a reply to message #334218

Listing 11 to 20 of 41 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5