Ghosts - Fact or Fiction?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Ghosts - Fact or Fiction?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 41 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
Shallandra
Ghosts - Fact or Fiction?

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Savant
RK: 11
MP: 4,650

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
This isn't one of those typical threads to debate what might or might not be. Instead, it's to post actual experiences you've had that might make you think there are some unexplained spirits out there. Or maybe you visited a place that was supposed to be haunted, but never saw anything.

Share your experiences that help make you a believer or a skeptic.

I only have one unexplained experience. It was when I was in elementary school. I'd gone to bed, but the moonlight shone through the windows so there was a reflection of light in the corner of my room. While lying in bed - I could see it clearly. I was sitting there, just staring, and I saw a shape go by. It looked like it had gone by in the hallway, and its shadow had been reflected in the corner of my room.

It appeared to the outline of a small, balding man, and he moved very quickly, and was coming from my brother's room and walking down the hall. I remember thinking "what the heck?" and then nearly jumped out of my skin when my Mom came into my room.

"Did you just get out of bed?" she asked me. "No," I said, "I've been laying here." She paused for a moment, and I said quietly "did you see it too?" to which she nodded. My parents room was across the hall (almost caty-corner) to mine - and they had the same moonlight reflection in the corner of the room.

I sat up, and my Mom went and looked in my brother's room & found him fast asleep. She'd come back to my room, so I told her to sit on my bed, I wanted to try something (ha, always the curious one, even in elementary school). I then walked down the hall from my brother's room - and my outline was visible in that corner of the room. But - my hair was all fluffed out, and I was taller than the image we'd seen go by.

I walked slowly into my room, and sat down on my bed - and my Mom and I just stared at each other. I don't think either of us slept that well that night. We tried to tell my Dad about it the next morning - and he thought we were both nuts (which I guess isn't all that debatable!).

But to this day, my Mom and I both remember that small bald shadow we saw moving quickly from my brother's room down the hall - and neither of us has an explaination for it.

Now, I'm not one to believe in ghosts, or lingering spirits that have yet to cross over - but my Mom and I sure as heck saw SOMETHING. And I have no way of explaining what it was.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~ Mario Andretti

"Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet." ~ Chinese Proverb

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton
 Message #286376
BombSquadKim
RE: Ghosts - Fact or Fiction?

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 2

Sunday April 30, 2006 8:36 AM
Hello:
I have always had the ability to "feel" (as weird as it sounds) when people are gone from a place. Whether they were sad or happy, etc. Anyhow... my husband's family has a dairy farm that is hundreds of years old. The stairs creak and the plumbing runs from the spring up in the nearest mountain. It is a beautiful home. Email me and I will send you a pic. You will see what I mean.. anyhow... My husband's grandmother was born in that old house in 1910, I believe. She married a man and movied to Pittsburgh, then returned to the dairy years later and they lived their lives together there, having a total of 7 children (one of which died in a horrible accident in front of the house itself) together. The husband passed away in the late 70's and she lived on for many years. We were up there in her final days visiting. She was weak and we would always hush our young children indoors as you could hear every sound made in that house, even though it is quite large. The kids would play on the stairs and I would be upstairs so I could hear them trampling up and down the stairs. I would get up from my book (upstairs in the bedroom) and walk to the banister and look down and say "CUT THAT OUT!" in a loud whisper.

In one of Grandma's final days she started "talking to" Grandpa. Telling him that she was ready. Telling us that he was there and had come for her. THat he was coming to pick her up. (Even as I write this now, 2 years later, I get chills.) Many thought what she was having was common old age dillusions. Very frequently associated with the passing of senior citizens. I have always "felt" something in that house anyhow, but never anything bad. Just something. But this time, it was something different. Like something was buzzing about... I ws upstairs reading my book that afternoon and I hear those darned stairs again. Thinking it was my 6 year old storming up the stairs to come get me; I immediately snap my book shut and go to meet him at the top of the stairs so I can tell him to walk lighter and remind him how ill grandma is.
(By the way: My husband and I would sneak in and out of that house at night, so we would count the steps up so we could walk them in the dark with out tripping. So I knew the fifth step was squeeky.)
When I heard the fifth step squeek loudly and bend I thought, my son is surely gonna get it. He must really be purposely stomping his feet! I go to the banister and look down. No one. No one at all. I walk down the first flight. No one there. I go all the way down the stairs and into the corridor, no one there either. I check the bathroom, nope.

I go into the living room. Grandma is lying asleep in her bed, still barely breathing and uttering Grandpa's name. I went into the kitchen and asked my mother in law where the kids were. She said they were all up at the main barn, had been all day. Not one of them had come back by.

I don't know who came up those stairs that day, but I know what I believe in my heart. I believe it was Grandpa coming to pick up Grandma, after all those years. She passed away on September 18, 2004. We miss her dearly. She never re-married and was only with him. Wow. You don't see that kind of love anymore, huh?
 Message #295022 - This was a reply to message #286376
ringworld

Initiare
MP: 7

Tuesday April 22, 2008 2:06 PM
My oldest daughter and wife are heavily into Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel. To be honest I've caught the bug too.

As for personal experiences all I can say is that the older the country the more crap you're bound to run into. Case in point, I was on holiday with friends in the South of England. We were driving along a A road on the way to Bath in the South from Cambridge. It was late and we were driving on the wrong side of the road. That is to say the Left side. At any rate there were four of us in the car; two were asleep in back and myself the navigator and the driver - Masa , were chatting away trying to stay awake. Well off in the distance on top of a hill overshadowed by a tree we both saw a female figure waving to us. We were like the only car passing that direction and we could clearly see the silohuette of the gal from the oncoming traffic. Trouble was as we were just upon her, she vanished.

I swear to you my buddy wanted to pull over. And being your basic superstitious Filipino I told him to drive off. He thankfully did so. I told him, you never stop for those sort of things b/c if you do, it will be your last. Hate to sound so cliche but to this day I still can't get over the fact she literally vaporized as we drove upon her and I looked back to check. I swear nothing.

Another time I was a little child around ten. I finally had my own room. Problem was sleeping by yourself for the first time can be hard at times. Well one early morning I was awoken by somebody shaking my bed. I rolled over and saw nothing. Being sleepy I just turned over and fell back asleep. A few moments later the shaking started up again. I said, "I know you're there, but leave me alone." At least I think I said that or at the very least mumbled it. The shaking stopped.

Later that month my mom had some clairvoyant visit the house. She told her that there was a spirit of a little boy in my room that was watching over me. And that I was protected. My mom never brought this up to me until I mentioned this little happening when I was young many years later.

Spooky? Hell yeah.... just glad there are benevolent ghosts/spirits or other stuff out there. Hate to see it turn slasher like in the movies. That would really suck.
 Message #325695 - This was a reply to message #295022
Insano

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,517

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 25, 2008 5:20 AM
Ringworld, its funny that you mention that bit about the shaking bed. The exact same thing happened to me.

Four years ago I lived in one of the older houses in town. My hometown, Peterborough, was settled in the 1860s, so I'd say its safe to say that the place I was living in was around 100 years old. Big place, 6 bedrooms and had a front and back staircase, which I thought was rather quaint. Anyways, my bedroom was at the top of the back staircase, which was right next to the big room in the house, so presumably it was the nursery.

I went to bed one night after some heavy writing near the end of the year. I believe I was actually working on my thesis. In any case, I went to bed and began to drift off. I then felt a slight shaking on my bed. It was enough to rouse me from my semi-sleep, but I wrote it off as being a sensation attributed to drifting off. So, I got under my blankets and rolled over. No joke, as soon as I rolled over it happened again, and this time I was wide awake. When I rolled back towards the side where the shaking was happening, it stopped. That was the only thing that happened to me in that place. But, one of my roommates mentioned something a few days later.

He was walking down the front stairs when something ran into him at hip level. I guess it was solid enough that it sort of threw him off balance, so it was a pretty substantial 'something.' Thing is, he was walking down the steps and its not like he walked into anything tangible.

Anyways, we took to calling the ghost, or whatever it was, Wumbo Jumbo for the rest of the year. We were of the opinion that it was the ghost, or spirit, or whatever of a little kid, probably a female as the only two events happened to dudes, and we had a few female roommates. It certainly was a pretty cool experience.
This Major Tom to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door.
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today.
For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there is nothing I can do.
David Bowie - Space Oddity
 Message #325744 - This was a reply to message #325695
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Sunday May 25, 2008 12:16 AM
I know I've responded to a thread like this one before, but I'll go ahead and share again. Have I ever SEEN anything? No. But I have definately heard stuff at the old house we lived in.

One night my wife, my cousin, and myself were sitting in the living room about midnight or one o'clock. We had been fighting to get the kids to sleep from eight until about ten when they finally gave up and went to sleep.

Well, I heard small footsteps running from the upstairs room, down the three steps, across the entryway, through the kitchen, the laundry room, and into the bathroom. I didn't see the kid, the bathroom light didn't go on, and I got up and said "I better hear someone pissing or someone is getting their ass whooped." Nothing. No footsteps going back to bed. No pissing.

I checked the bathroom, no one was there. I checked the oldest kid, she was dead asleep. So was the middle child. I even checked on the youngest. He was sacked out in his crib. I went back to the living room and told my wife that they were all asleep. She looked over at me and said "I know."

Another night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room when we heard a very loud thump come from the kids' room. I thought one of them had fallen off the top bunk but no one was crying. When I went in to check on them, they were both asleep.

My wife thought it came from outside, but I was sure it didn't. I sat there looking at the wall to their room and it thumped again, louder. I saw the wall shake. I told the wife that the sound came from the kids' closet. She asked if I was going to go look and I think I told her "Fuck you. I'm going to bed and pulling the covers over my head. See you in the morning."

After being taught from an early age that ghosts and the paranormal are a bunch of BS, getting smacked in the face with stuff like this isn't easy to deal with. If I ever SAW a ghost, I'd probably crap my pants and have a heart attack.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #326208 - This was a reply to message #325744
goddess_dawn

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,249

Sunday May 25, 2008 4:27 PM
i know i have posted this on another thread - so i won't go into detail. but i have not only felt the bed as if someone was sitting at the foot of it, but i have seen them as have my sister and dad. i saw something in one house, a couple somethings in another house, and felt someone sitting on the bed a few times at another house.

we think we were followed or adopted. i can't go too much into detail because this is creeping me out at the moment. so - yes it is definitely fact....
Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?

i'm going sane in a crazy world.....
before you insult someone, you should first walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
 Message #326230 - This was a reply to message #326208
alexandraly

Initiare
MP: 10

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 23, 2009 1:04 PM
fact my cousin say her mother. Her mom is dead died in sugery. She my cousin was crying she saw her mom and her mom told her to stop crying. Every member of the family has seen her
 Message #332068 - This was a reply to message #326230
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 23, 2009 4:17 PM
Is English not your first language?
If not, then you are excused as a learner.
Do you have dyslexia? If so, you are excused.

Other than that, learn how to write.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #332076 - This was a reply to message #332068
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

Tuesday May 5, 2009 7:40 PM
Anyone else have any paranormal stories??? If some where to get shared I may share some of mine
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #332611 - This was a reply to message #332076
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Wednesday May 6, 2009 9:19 AM
Try the search function at the top right of this page, punch in ghost and it should kick up a list of threads where ghosts were mentioned. I know there was another thread before this one where a good number of people responded...... unfortunately, I don't think many of them are with us anymore.

What the fuck am I doing? We live in the same friggin' house. Christ. I turn thirty and my brain starts to turn to mush..... Shut up AvA.

[[Edited by SisqAlpha on Wednesday May 6, 2009 9:21 AM]]
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #332612 - This was a reply to message #332611

Listing 1 to 10 of 41 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5