Nix
RE: YOUR Paranormal stories

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 8, 2010 10:29 PM
Wow Zemin...Just wow.

If you want to get in our good graces its best to NOT lie about things some of us take seriously. Especially when you do it with a complete lack of eloquence.

Now then.

Lich: Creepy dude. Perfect place to raise some dead though, eh?

QUOTED  I saw nothing about a newt in the post.... I'm guessing there was an edit that I missed?

Pretty sure she's playing off the Monty Python and the Holy Grail witch burning scene. ("She turned me into a newt!"..."A newt?"...Well, I got better...")

Anbu: Everyone needs to live in a haunted house at least once, otherwise sleep is just too easy.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #338782 - This was a reply to message #338764
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

Wednesday December 8, 2010 10:38 PM
QUOTED  If you want to get in our good graces its best to NOT lie about things some of us take seriously. Especially when you do it with a complete lack of eloquence.

I agree Nix. The whole reason I don't tell many people what I see or hear is because of ignorant people like that. Disgrace.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #338783 - This was a reply to message #338782
Anbu_Elf

Membrum
MP: 113

Wednesday December 8, 2010 11:35 PM
QUOTED  Everyone needs to live in a haunted house at least once, otherwise sleep is just too easy.

Ha! Yeah, I guess so, except that I got to stay in two! How many people can say that... Actually probably a lot these days. Still, it wouldn't have been so bad if the first house's ghost had been friendly like the second one. Of course, the second one didn't do much at all, but it also didn't seem nearly as violent as the first. Given the history, you would think that would be the other way around... *shrugs* I guess us living people can't understand them.
 Message #338784 - This was a reply to message #338783
DragonLady

Membrum
MP: 310

Wednesday December 8, 2010 11:37 PM
QUOTED  I guess us living people can't understand them.

Most can't. There are few that can understand MOST of them lol.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #338785 - This was a reply to message #338784
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 9, 2010 12:20 AM
QUOTED  Lich: Creepy dude. Perfect place to raise some dead though, eh?

Time had taken it's toll. The remains were little more than skull, cranium, and some arm/leg bones. So not enough remains to remanimate. Good fodder for incorperal undead though, and I'm sure that plauge hole would have been full of shadows to rebuke/ control. However, plenty of bone matter to make one fucking devestating contagion ridden Boneyard (Libris Mortis)...
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #338789 - This was a reply to message #338782
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 9, 2010 6:57 AM
I'm still desperately denying any strange activities that may or may not be occurring in my new home.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #338797 - This was a reply to message #338789
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Thursday December 9, 2010 12:35 PM
Don't deny it Mae, try to disprove it. If you can't recreate it, THEN lie to yourself and say it isn't really happening.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #338800 - This was a reply to message #338797
Aeramae

Thursday December 9, 2010 6:01 PM
I've been able to debunk some things, like noises sounding like someone is stomping on stairs by checking to see if any large chunks of ice have tumbled off the roof, or by assuming the singing I'm hearing from my basement is actually the TV. But there was on incident so far that I have no explanation for. I had a stack of empty boxes, set in an area with no vents or anything. These boxes stayed in their stack for a couple of weeks, and then one night, while a friend was over, the top box went flying off like it had been shoved. Everyone saw it, and then everyone denied seeing it. Because we've had enough strange things happen back in AZ and we would like some quiet now, thank you.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #338805 - This was a reply to message #338800
Anbu_Elf

Membrum
MP: 113

Thursday December 9, 2010 8:05 PM
QUOTED  Most can't. There are few that can understand MOST of them lol.

I wish I could do that! I realize that I could get myself into trouble with some of the spirits, but it would really be worth it for others.

As for you Aeramae, there's a few things you could try. You could cleanse the house with a sage stick, but make sure that you get every door and window in the house. My friend did that when she was living in a haunted trailer, but she forgot the back door. Even if it was locked, there were times when it would just suddenly fly open and then slam shut.

Another thing you could try is to simply tell it to go away. Tell the spirit that the house is yours now, and that he/she needs to move on. It's simple, will make you feel stupid, but it sometimes works, and it's also less likely to make the spirit angry then if you try cleansing and you miss a spot.

Chances are, if your place is haunted, the spirit is harmless. If it wasn't, you probably would have already found that out the hard way.
 Message #338808 - This was a reply to message #338805
Aeramae

Thursday December 9, 2010 9:43 PM
I haven't been scratched yet, which back in Arizona was a favorite way of communicating of whatever was at my mother-in-law's house. Plausible denial is working thus far, and as long as my kids are never made to feel like they are being threatened, then all is good.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #338809 - This was a reply to message #338808

Listing 51 to 60 of 73 Replies

PAGES: 8 4 5 6 7 8