PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5
Nix
YOUR Paranormal stories

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 28, 2005 9:03 AM
I just want to see how many people (And I use the term "people" loosly) here have an experiance that involves the paranormal. As an incentive i'll tell my story, though it isn't very good. More ironic actually.

Well, it began with a scout trip to Canada, and stopovers in upper Washington, Skamania county to be exact. We spent a night there going up and coming back. While in Canada I purchased a book called Strange Northwest. The book was a collection of paranormal events in the Pacific Northwest. Both nights in Washington I heard strange wistling sounds and heavy footsteps. On the way back to Oregon I was reading my book and came acrossed an entery about Skamania county....its a Sasquatch(big foot) preserve.

eerie.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #265777
Damien
RE: YOUR Paranormal stories

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

Thursday April 28, 2005 9:04 AM
I once heard a strong whirring noise behind me.

But after I turned off the blender it went away. It was the weirdest thing.
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #265778 - This was a reply to message #265777
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 29, 2005 1:51 AM
BWAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Closest thing I've had is walking around our cabin at night (you can see why there were so many tales of trolls and witches and other fey in Norway).

Oh, and a few dreams about my deceased grandmother.

Other than that, nothing.

A friend of mine claims to live in a haunted house (been there, didn't see anything other than a house that is 50-60 years old).
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #265863 - This was a reply to message #265778
blue_raven5

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 162

Friday April 29, 2005 7:31 AM
I have a couple experiences. First, I didn't really "see" this happen, but my friends said it did. They said that the erasers would randoml fall off of the chalk board thingie. Then, one night, I set my controller on a bedside table, woke up the next morning, and it was on the floor. The t.v. was on too, but I know it wasn't me, because our cable had been out that night, so I couldn't have watched it anyways. Finally, one time, I accidentally turned out the lights, and I could have sword I head some evil laugh or something, even though I was home alone.
 Message #265891 - This was a reply to message #265863
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

Friday April 29, 2005 8:37 PM
QUOTED  I accidentally turned out the lights, and I could have sword I head some evil laugh or something, even though I was home alone.

Now that's freaky.
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #265930 - This was a reply to message #265891
Pillage

Ordo Aqua: Scholar
RK: 4
MP: 785

Saturday April 30, 2005 8:17 AM
QUOTED  (And I use the term "people" loosly)

Haha! I'm staying the hell away from this one.

As for my story, I quit the psychic counsellor industry quite shortly ago to be just a counsellor. All this time, and still now, I received a massive amount of signs from the deceased, as you will in such an occupation. They're particularly persistant if you actually know they exist, let alone talk to them. The most frequent-
My watch always sets 'itself' five minutes back. No matter how many times I change it, or how little people know where it is. I get the intuitive feeling my Pop, who is a constant spirit guide for myself (yep, we're gettin' into the jargon now) is telling me something. Their lack of boredom still amazes me
Second, at night I hear voices in a non- Section Eight way. Often a newsreader, two men conversing or an entire room of people talking loudly either in or just outside my room. I know I'm not crazy because the schitzophrenic tendancy to hear voices as opposed to real vibratory stimulation of the air, is like the difference between dreaming and being awake. Most people dream in technicolour, the rest in black and white. The only exception is lucid dreaming, where you're aware it's happening and can control it, but that technically isn't dreaming.
Now, I go to its source- the TV, dining room, whatever- it's the middle of the night, nobody's in the house, all the lights are off and every electronic is either turned off or not emitting any noise. Though, the source the noise comes from is where it's loudest.
I have a lot more, but if the size of this post is any indication, I should probably lay off them
hi iam new lol
 Message #265965 - This was a reply to message #265777
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 6, 2005 8:45 AM
(Nice Vash avatar there, Nix)

I've not had anything particularly definitive happen (no, nobody in a sheet has shown up telling me I'm going to die) but little oddities that I find rather unnerving. I'm virtually certain something's at my grandmother's house, specifically the room where she, my grandfather, and great-grandmother all died.
When I was little, I always had an extreme aversion to that room, and then I didn't even know that anyone had died there, and ever since my grandmother died I can swear I hear her talking in there, or somebody walking around in there. Creeps the hell out of me.

Yikes, Pillage, that'd give me the screaming meemies.

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Friday May 6, 2005 8:48 AM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #266587 - This was a reply to message #265777
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Friday May 12, 2006 11:11 AM
Yeah, I know the treads old, but with all the new people, I thought It might be fun to bring back. To start off again I'll tell about a ghost at my aunt's house.

I have never been at the house at two in the morning, but enough relatives, and three boyfriends/girlfriends of relatives have seen this "ghost" to make even me lose a bit of skeptcism. Apparently the "ghost" is a former resedent of the over 50 trailer park that my aunt runs, and it only is active between two and five AM. Now for the proof part: One of the grilfriends is a total wacko when it comes to ghosts, saying she believes is a grave understatement. Anyway, we didn't tell her about the ghost, mainly to prevent snooping and irritating questions.

Night comes and goes.

When I talk to her the next day, she is totally freaked and refuses to go to the bathroom alone. (now I'd forgotten about the ghost since I've never seen it and have gotten used to the stories the family tells about it) I can't figure out why and start making comments about ghost toilets and stuff. Next thing I know I have a sever pain in my gut and she's mad at me for not telling her about the ghost in the first place.

Well to make the post shorter, I'll just say she refuses to go back to the house, not because of the ghost but becasue we are all "...facists(?) who delight in making women piss themselves!"
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #295781 - This was a reply to message #265777
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Friday May 12, 2006 12:25 PM
Okay, place where I work has had some weird things going on. First off, let me just say that I work in a "ghost town". It is a town that did exist in Apache Junction during the 1890's. I work with the Mine Tour group. Yes, I'm a tour guide. Anyway, the V.P. (the head guy for the tours), has claimed to have seen orbs on the site. Most specifically, down in the "mine" itself. I think he might be on to something.

There's a section in the mine that has a set of double doors. You have to make sure those doors are shut before you can light a candle, turn out the lights, and blow out the candle, in subsequent order. I will have to close those doors 3-5 times a day. And everytime I do, they open on their own. Now, we do have air conditioning vents in front of the door, and sometimes they creak a little when the A/C kicks on. But, the times they try to open up all the way is when it's just me and a small tour, no A/C on. The doors do sag a little when I close them at first, but it's almost like something is waiting for me to wait until I'm away from the doors, and starting on another story. Then, the doors creak open a little bit....and then a little bit more. Pretty soon you have a good sized gap. And no one has touched the damn things.

Recently some people took pictures down below of the doors, no dust in the air, everything was calm. And one guy got a really good orb on his digital camera. I'm thoroughly convinced that the place is haunted now.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #295788 - This was a reply to message #295781
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 12, 2006 10:32 PM
As the name suggests, I'm something of a skeptic on this sort of thing. However, I've got my own stories that are on the odd side that I have a hard time explaining away. Both took place just a few months ago, shortly after relocating from California to an old house in Mississippi.

The first is a very simple one that probably could have any number of explanations. Nonetheless, it worked its magic on both me and my brother. It was night, as always in such a story, and we were looking for his cat to make sure she was inside. Most of the lights were off, all of them on the side of the house we were on. I went into the dining room to check behind a bar in the far corner. My brother came in and stood at the doorway. As soon as I got passed the table, which was roughly four feet from my brother, three of the five chairs slid back at least an inch. From his vantage point, he didn't see a cat come out. Aside from that, the house has old wood floors that would make a lot of noise if a cat ran out. As far as we know, there was nothing there that should have moved the chairs.

So, we decided that was a little strange, but never mentioned it to anyone. Until a couple of nights later...

The room in which I sleep is on the side of the house. There's a door leading into the main hall, and a door outside to a porch. There are no windows save for one in the adjoined bathroom. When all of the lights are off in the house, this room is completely black. There is no adjusting to the darkness.

So, I've got all the lights out, everyone is in bed, and I'm trying to get to sleep. Just a few minutes in to said effort, I hear a whisper that sounds like it's in my room. It's a little creepy, but I think nothing of it. Then I hear another sound that's harder to explain. The best re-creation I've found will have to suffice.

Take your right hand and put it just above your left elbow. Now, pressing somewhat firmly, run it quickly down your arm. That's the sound I heard. Three times in fast succession.

At that, still unaccustomed to the house, I open my eyes and look, as though I'd be able to see anything. Well, lo and behold, I do... There, less than a foot from the foot of my bed is a small white (something?) apparition, shaped roughly like a little girl in a white dress. There's a moment where I'm just frozen looking at it, maybe to make sure I'm not just seeing things. I'm sure it seemed longer than it really was, but I'm confident it was long enough to be sure that there was actually something there.

So, I do what any hot-blooded male would do... I frantically rolled out of bed and fumbled with the nearest available light source in hopes that it would go away. Of course, it did. I stood where I was for a moment, just looking at the spot, before approaching. When I did, it was significantly colder in the spot that I had seen the apparition.

Given the lack of windows, I don't think it could have been light filtering in from outside. There was no light on in the house at the time, and when I turned the lights off again to get to bed, it was no longer there. Needless to say, it took just a bit longer than normal for me to get to sleep.

Since then, I've come to learn that a few others have seen things in this house, including a little girl in a white dress. And, I've heard the occasional whisper, including most recently what sounded like a hushed conversation in the corner. Creepy, but with plenty of explanations.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #295820 - This was a reply to message #295788

Listing 1 to 10 of 73 Replies

PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5