Who Built the Pyramids?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Who Built the Pyramids?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Shallandra
Who Built the Pyramids?

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Savant
RK: 11
MP: 4,650

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
The pyramids are one of the many mysteries in our world's history. How were they built? How did a society that was not as technologically advanced as we are design something that would last for so long?

The two most popular theories I've heard are that they were built by a huge slave population - or that they were built by aliens.

I found a couple of interesting articles on both perspectives:

Aliens Built the Pyramids

How the Egyptians Built the Pyramids

What do you think about what these articles had to say? Do you have your own opinion on the matter?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~ Mario Andretti

"Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet." ~ Chinese Proverb

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton
 Message #286358
Damien
RE: Who Built the Pyramids?

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

Sunday December 18, 2005 3:15 PM
The Egyptians built the pyramids. I can't see how that was ever contested. It seems that some psycho just decided one day that aliens actually did it, no doubt as part of his 'aliens have been working behind the scenes secretly for thousands of years' conspiracy theory -- and then more and more simple-minded twits started believing it.

I've yet to find any convincing reason why the Egyptians couldn't have built the pyramids, or any evidence that aliens even exist, let alone build things for us for no apparent reason.
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #286901 - This was a reply to message #286358
Aaron

Sweepsweek 1st Place: Member has won 1st place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 298

Sunday December 25, 2005 1:29 PM
I agree with Damien. The alien argument is just a bunch of people who fail to recognize the capabilities of man. Before computers and "technology" came along people did amazing things and relied upon themselves. Man was able to roughly estimate the size of the globe, to have detailed maps and other such things without satelites. Books were copied by hand, roads that exist to this day were made by hand, and buildings built by hand hundreds of years ago still exist and are in use to this day.

To those who believe that near everything is done by aliens, come on, give your own species some credit for a change.
"As the LORD lives, and as you yourself live, I will be with you."
 Message #287212 - This was a reply to message #286901
Caelin

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,222

Sunday February 12, 2006 12:53 PM
The pyramids were built by the egyptians, according to some placed in the exact same constellation as orion's belt. Currently they are searching on the outer points of the constellation according to it's location in egypt. So far, they apparantly discovered two temples at these locations and are searching for the other two locations.

What amazes me even more, is that the base of the two largest pyramids exactly matches the temple of the sun and that of the moon in tenochtitlan (mexico). The latter two are only half the height however.
Discussing with a fool is like wrestling a pig in the mud, sooner or later you are bound to realise that the pig likes it.
 Message #291108 - This was a reply to message #287212
Demon_King

Membrum
MP: 209

Sunday February 12, 2006 3:20 PM
Well just like everyone else in here I too believe the Egyptians built the pyramids. The aliens building them seems to me just like a joke that most people say about the pyramids and other great structures from old. Then a few people may have taken it a little seriously and tried to speculate onto the subject a little farther. To most it seems obvious that Egyptians made them. If the aliens had made them there had to be some record of them coming. One of the Egyptian scriptors must have drew or wrote something about them coming. But yet nothing has shown us this happened. Some people just believed that the aliens built them for they just plain don't know if they should believe the Egyptians built them or something else did. It is because of the undieing unsureity that they believe this.
Well hello there my I-really-never-knew-you-at-any-time-in-my-entire-life friend. May you be blessed the gods as to have a quick and painless death whenever you may wish it. Just hopefully not today... or tomorrow... or the next day... or the next day, or the next day. *Keeps going on until the end of time* And the nest day.
 Message #291109 - This was a reply to message #291108
Novaximus

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 12, 2006 4:53 PM
If aliens were responsible you'd think that they'd at least have the pyramids hardwired for cable tv. Maybe the egyptians built them under the advisement from aliens?
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #291112 - This was a reply to message #291109
budtomas

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 32

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday February 10, 2007 12:56 PM
There are over 80 Pyramids in egypt alone not counting the rest of the world, to think aliens did it is funny. But I will forever bow to the imagination, for with it anything is possible. If its the pyramids themselves or later on, when we forget, ponder who built them. It just shows how much faith we have lost in ourselves. we are not the gods we use to be . we can not seem to realize what we are trully capable of.
I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later I might think I'm having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching....
 Message #309124 - This was a reply to message #286358
Novaximus

Saturday February 10, 2007 1:42 PM
Bwah ha ha. "You kiddin' me? Lupe couldn't have had anything to do with building that. The morons over there in the corner right now eating chalk and sacraficing another piece of fine ass."

I really think you're on to something there bud. It could explain why we invented God or any other benevolent being.

By the way I had no idea there were that many pyramids. Thanks for that bit of info.
 Message #309126 - This was a reply to message #309124
Garnet

Membrum
MP: 150

Sunday April 8, 2007 10:28 PM
Well yes, the egyptians built the pyramids.. but I don't understand how they'd be able to make such a large structure with exact porportions and perfect alignment with the rising and the falling of the sun.

Not to mention when something is put directly in the center of the pyramid, it'll be preserved.

Anyways, I just don't see how that was possible back in those days with the technology they had.

I'm not saying I believe alien's helped them, I just think that there was a bit more to it than meets the eye...well.. the Egypitans were very advanced for their time..

I'm sorry, I'm just rambling on.

~*Ich leibe dich. <3 *~

Message #312734 - This was a reply to message #309126
Novaximus

Monday April 9, 2007 4:10 PM
QUOTED  Well yes, the egyptians built the pyramids.. but I don't understand how they'd be able to make such a large structure with exact porportions and perfect alignment with the rising and the falling of the sun.

It's certainly a testament towards the level of their ingenuity. It's amazing to think just how far people can regress after the collapse of a great civillization. The knowledge is there but without a societal structure grand projects like the pyramids can never take off.

You've got to make a tool that can make a better tool that can make a machine that can make an even better tool which can make a product that helps towards making a more advanced machine.....But when you take away a societal structure then there'd be no reason for any man to specialize in making batches of that one tool. One thing trickles down to the other and it becomes every man for himself and it's back to living in grass huts.
 Message #312764 - This was a reply to message #312734

Listing 1 to 10 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3