Who Built the Pyramids?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Who Built the Pyramids?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
LibraRabbit
RE: Who Built the Pyramids?

Sweepsweek 2nd Place: Member has won 2nd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,252

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday April 9, 2007 10:20 PM
I to agree with the Egyptians building the pyramids. The aliens thing is a little out there. I mean if there is other life out there, do you really think they would mess with the "Alabama of the Universe" by giving us the pyramids?
"The road to peace is paved with tolerance"
 Message #312784 - This was a reply to message #312764
Max

MP: 1,041

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday April 9, 2007 11:01 PM
I think aliens exist. Whether they are uber-intelligent, space-travelling greent humanoids or bacteria, they exist. I don't think they built the pyramids.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I loved the 'article' that Shallandra posted: Aliens Built the Pyramids

Some key points that I loved were the lack of proper grammar, the switching of tenses, and the use of the 'caps lock' button.

Capitals are such a professional way to make your point and stress importance, aren't they?

lmao
Work Hard, Play Hard, Live Hard,

but Love softly, and with All your Heart
 Message #312785 - This was a reply to message #312784
HelsAvatar

MP: 1,026

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 11, 2007 6:21 PM
A new hypothesis has been put forward by a French person suggesting that the pyramids had been built from the inside out. It is early and still a hypothesis but I guess it has some credibility and is currently being looked into.

One thing that I never really understood with just about every Alien conspiracy is WHY exactly they did it. They are able to travel millions of Lightyears using technology most likely beyond our comprehension and the first thing they do when they get to earth, build a large stone structure.

To clarify I do beleive in other intelligent life in the universe, just the odds of them coming to Earth to probe farmer Billy's ass I find unlikely.

I also hate how conspiracy theorist use math and most likely random occurences to prove that aliens did it. I once dropped a stick and it pointed in the direction of my grandmother's house. It their fore must have been planned by an alien. Needless to say if it pointed in the other direction it would have been my neighbor's house, the other way my school and so forth.
To what can our life on earth be likened?
To a flock of geese,
alighting on the snow.
Sometimes leaving a trace of their passage.

-- Su Shi
 Message #312890 - This was a reply to message #312785
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

Thursday April 12, 2007 12:39 PM
I've been thinking about posting in this thread for a while, but I can't seem to find the best angle to approach the subject. As Garnet suggested earlier, I'm not necessarily saying Aliens built the pyramids, but I think there is more to them than meets the eye.

QUOTED  [Posted By Novaximus on 02.12.2006 4:53 PM]
Maybe the egyptians built them under the advisement from aliens?

He could have a point. What if a passing expedition of aliens supervised men to build the pyramids as a sort of experiment or physical and mental test? For whatever reasons we failed to interest these aliens enough for them to stick around, so they simply moved on. The universe is a big old place and I'm sure there are many other interesting planets and species for them explore and examine. And what if we did pass their test? Maybe we did? Maybe they took some humans away to breed and use for whatever means interested them...

Hell, maybe I've done too many RP's and my imagination is running wild. Who can say?
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #312926 - This was a reply to message #312890
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

Thursday April 12, 2007 5:43 PM
ha. But it's fun as hell to speculate isn't it?

IF aliens built the pyramids themselves then they sure as hell could have built a dedication Alien statue to commemorate their work.

Unless, if after they left for home our ancestorial human pranksters destroyed all evidence of alien presense to boast it as their own accomplishments.
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #312940 - This was a reply to message #312926
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Friday April 13, 2007 5:54 AM
"We don't know X, therefore god/aliens did it."

See the reasoning?
I am pretty damn sure that humans, and nothing but humans made the pyramids. Just because we don't know the details of how doesn't mean we should leap to conclusions about gods/aliens without better proof.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #312957 - This was a reply to message #312940
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 13, 2007 6:06 AM
Don't cut yourself on Occam's Razor there Shadow....
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #312963 - This was a reply to message #312957
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Friday April 13, 2007 6:09 AM
Um, you mean like wanting real proof of alien involvement before I assume they did it?
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #312967 - This was a reply to message #312963
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 13, 2007 6:28 AM
Just pointing out skeptism is healthy, but sometimes faith has to step in....

Not saying you're wrong about this case of course. Hell, we pretty much know how they did it now...
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #312969 - This was a reply to message #312967
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

Friday April 13, 2007 10:32 AM
QUOTED  Um, you mean like wanting real proof of alien involvement before I assume they did it?

I haven't noticed anyone in this thread claim that aliens did build the Pyramids, but until it is proven 100% that it was done by man and only by man, some of us prefer to keep an open mind.
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #312971 - This was a reply to message #312967

Listing 11 to 20 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3