Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 51 to 60 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 4 5 6 7 8
Sway_Greenwitch
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 149

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 11, 2006 1:31 PM
I started playing RPG's when Gauntlet first came out. I then graduated to Diablo and Diablo II followed by Icewindale.

I never had the chance to try out Baldur's gate. In fact, I skipped right over to the Neverwinter Nights series.

Right now I have a few PC RPG games on the go.

-Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege Ledgends of Aranna
-Neverwinter Nights platinum edition

Dungeon Siege is more of a hack and slash RPG. I find it is less serious and not as much work as Neverwinter Nights which, has more story plots and tasks to accomplish. Neverwinter is also a longer game.

One advantage for NWN is the abundance of modules that can be found online.

Both can be played online.Both can be played via LAN.

I'd recommend both of them to rpg players. It just depends what you are in the mood for.

Sway~
What is a Green Witch?" Ask a handful of Green Witches what a Green Witch is, and you very well may get a handful of different answers."

*-FFRP forum avatar- Icon and Art by Selina Fenech www.selinafenech.com*
 Message #292567 - This was a reply to message #264347
Benjmn

Membrum
MP: 380

Saturday March 11, 2006 8:51 PM
I am tired of the games I have right now, actually, and am awaiting Oblivion with great anticipation. I have games going in Black and White 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Warcraft 2: Frrozen Throne, various modules in NWN, Call of Duty 2, briefly tried Hitman 2, recently beat F.E.A.R. and Gun, and love Sid Meiers Pirates. I am not playing any of them regularly or even often, just have games in progress. I am afraid I might not leave my dorm for a while when I get Oblivion though.....well, I will still go to class.
Key lime pies are our deliciousness.

Message #292602 - This was a reply to message #292567
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 12, 2006 11:01 AM
QUOTED  I never had the chance to try out Baldur's gate. In fact, I skipped right over to the Neverwinter Nights series.

Oh dear Sway. It really is worth going back and playing Baldurs Gate 1 & 2. Trust me.
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #292612 - This was a reply to message #292567
Sway_Greenwitch

Membrum

Sunday March 12, 2006 12:39 PM
QUOTED  Oh dear Sway. It really is worth going back and playing Baldurs Gate 1 & 2. Trust me.

I think Baldur's Gate preceeded Neverwinter Nights did it not?

From what little I know, the interface is better but the plots are not as complex.

What could you tell me about the game that would make me want to go back?

I trust you Flark, I'm just curious since you're endorsing the game.

Sway~
What is a Green Witch?" Ask a handful of Green Witches what a Green Witch is, and you very well may get a handful of different answers."

Message #292617 - This was a reply to message #292612
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Sunday March 12, 2006 1:22 PM
QUOTED  I think Baldur's Gate preceeded Neverwinter Nights did it not?

That's right.

QUOTED  What could you tell me about the game that would make me want to go back?

Failing to recognising many of my 'amsuing' quotations should be enough on it's own... That aside, you'd be missing out on two of the all-time classic computer based RPGs. T'is true I swear! Interacting with the likes of Xzar, Montaron, Edwin Odesseiron or Minsc and Boo is essential conditioning for life here in the RPGC. If I had may way, proof of playing Baldurs Gate would be necessary in sign-up procedure.
 Message #292619 - This was a reply to message #292617
Sway_Greenwitch

Membrum

Sunday March 12, 2006 7:53 PM
QUOTED  you'd be missing out on two of the all-time classic computer based RPGs. T'is true I swear! Interacting with the likes of Xzar, Montaron, Edwin Odesseiron or Minsc and Boo is essential conditioning for life here in the RPGC.

Well you've convinced me Flark... Now I won't miss out forever. It's just a matter of time before I have Baldur's Gate in my possesion.

Actually, I was chatting on IM with a friend tonight and he said he was done with his copy and would gladly give it over next time we get together.
I'll have all the essentials then...

Sway~

Message #292631 - This was a reply to message #292619
Ravenot

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 43

Friday March 17, 2006 1:52 PM
I just recently beat Dungeon Siege II. Fun the first time through if you're entertained by the hack-and-slash. Don't expect to be entertained at any length by the RP and storyline though. The game is pretty much linear.

If anyone has a PS2 i highly reccomend Shadow of the Collossus. Amazing game, very artfully done, and really makes a break from the ordinary.

Recently i picked up Galactic Civ II. Any fan of the galactic conquest / 4x games should definately pick this one up. It really reminds me a lot of Master of Orion II. It's what MoO III SHOULD have been. Very awesome ship customization features in there and there's a very wide spectrum of strategy involved.

And i'm suprised nobody here has mentioned Fallout 1 or 2. Baldurs gate is good, i'll give you that, but Fallout gets my vote for best RPG ever. But then again, if you're not a fan of sci-fi or post-apocalyptic mad-max settings you probably wouldn't enjoy this one. Anyone else familiar with the Fallout games?
Jesus saves!... and only takes half damage.

Curiosity killed the cat - but for a while I was a suspect.
 Message #292792 - This was a reply to message #292631
Flark

Friday March 17, 2006 4:17 PM
I've got Fallout 1, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore since I upgraded to Windows XP. You're right though, it is an awesome game! I was actually thinking about Fallout when I came up with the idea of my 102AA Surface Recon RP.

If you like Fallout, you might like some of the Julian Gollop games. Have you played any?
 Message #292806 - This was a reply to message #292792
Ravenot

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 43

Friday March 17, 2006 4:41 PM
Fallout 2 is better than Fallout 1 (in my opinion, but i loved them both) and i'm pretty certain 2 runs on XP. I think I recall running it before my last reformat. If not, you can always try XP's self emulation to run it.

I'll have to take a look at your 102AA Surface Recon thread, i've kinda skipped over that one for the time bieng because it sounded like a military spec ops RP.

No, i've never heard of Julian Gollop. What are the names of the games?
Jesus saves!... and only takes half damage.

Curiosity killed the cat - but for a while I was a suspect.
 Message #292809 - This was a reply to message #292806
Flark

Friday March 17, 2006 5:18 PM
Here's links for some of his abandoned (free) games. They're a little more strategy than RPG, maybe tilted more towards Fallout Tactics than Fallout 1 or 2. Definately worth taking a look at though.

X-Com Enemy Unknown

X-Com Terror from the Deep

X-Com Apocalypse

Laser Squad

Laser Squad (8-bit (Java))

Laser Squad Nemesis (Demo)

Rebelstar 1 & 2 (8-bit Spectrum (Java))

[[Edited by Flark on Friday March 17, 2006 5:20 PM]]
 Message #292810 - This was a reply to message #292809

Listing 51 to 60 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 4 5 6 7 8