Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 391 to 400 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 37 38 39 40 41
TheShadowlord
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 2, 2013 2:23 AM
Some of the spell-effects auto-center the screen, which makes it a bit annoying. And some of the minor quests mess up so I can't finish them. Ah, well. Still enjoying the hell out of it.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341703 - This was a reply to message #341699
Dogma75

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 169

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 3, 2013 7:39 AM
Atm I am playing SWtoR. It's not bad if you play it with friends! If I have time I also play Stalker Clear Sky, heavily modded! that's quite some fun!
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato....
"This is where we fight. This is where they die." - King Leonidas in 300
 Message #341709 - This was a reply to message #341703
TheShadowlord

Sunday March 3, 2013 7:09 PM
What server are you on?
I'm on Red Eclipse.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341712 - This was a reply to message #341709
Dogma75

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 169

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 4, 2013 3:31 PM
On the two German ones: T3-M4 & Jar'Kai Sword
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato....
"This is where we fight. This is where they die." - King Leonidas in 300
 Message #341718 - This was a reply to message #341712
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 5, 2013 10:05 PM
Warning: the following sentence is not suitable for consumption by people with nervous conditions or weak stomachs.

So, I bought the...*Wrestles with gastrointestinal system*...indie game Faster Than Light (or FTL) on Steam...*insert Anime style projectile vomiting*...last week. Its a fun little space-based Rogue-like. You pick a ship (starting with a choice of one, but unlocking more as you play) that comes with a crew of 3-4 and a couple weapons. Then you take your ship across several "sectors" as a red wave creeps closer everytime you jump from location to location within a sector.

Each location has a little event; combat, trading, giving a stuck ship some of your resources, or some Star Trek-esque things like sending an away team to deal with alien spiders.

The entire game is played from a top-down view of your ship. Your ship is made up of several rooms, laid out differently depending on what ship you have chosen. Most of the rooms contain your various systems like Weapons control, bridge, sensor room, etc. Empty rooms can be filled by acquiring new systems during your journey.

During combat, these systems can be damaged and become less effective, or even totally busted. In order to fix this, you have to send your crew members in. This is always a tactical choice, as your crew members are also supposed to be manning major systems like weapons and shields control. Luckily, you can get more crew members through events.

Events are completely text-based. Like all good text-based things, the same choice doesn't always lead to the same outcome. In the case of the alien spiders mentioned above, you can just leave, or send an away team down to help. Sometimes the team is fine and the days is saved, other times the team survives, but fails to help the inhabitants, leading to a lesser reward. There's also a chance that the team is overwhelmed and you lose one of your crew-members.

Overall, I find the game pretty amusing. I wish there was a "Freeplay" mode or something that would let me hop around a sector without the time-based threat, but that's about all the complaint I have. Considering the game was $10 and was a <400mb download, I think I can forgive that.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #341733 - This was a reply to message #341693
TheShadowlord

Tuesday March 12, 2013 12:17 AM
After a brief period of depression brought on by the fact I cnnot get Torment to work properly (it crashes in one of the cutscenes now and the fixes suggested on the web don't work) I decided to reinstall Bioshock (the first) and get back.
STill a damn good game.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341756 - This was a reply to message #341733
Thoughtless

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 2

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 16, 2013 10:46 AM
@Nix
I felt the same way, the game really needs a mode that isn't rouge like. I love the systems of the game, but I hate that it kicks the shit out of me all the time.

[[Edited by Thoughtless on Saturday March 16, 2013 11:21 AM]]
 Message #341768 - This was a reply to message #341733
Thoughtless

Initiare
MP: 2

Saturday March 16, 2013 11:29 AM
I'm playing the first Xenosaga and I only have one question, did they go out of their way to make this game confusing?
 Message #341769 - This was a reply to message #341768
Bouilleman

Initiare
MP: 1

Saturday March 16, 2013 4:01 PM
EDIT

Please do not spam us.
We have rules against such things.

[[Edited by TheShadowlord on Saturday March 16, 2013 8:15 PM]]
 Message #341770 - This was a reply to message #341769
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Friday April 12, 2013 12:46 PM
I'm playing Defiance on Xbox. In general, it's pretty much a standard MMO, modern/near-future style with go on quests and grind levels. But, it's a lot of fun. Plus, it's interesting the game and the show are connected, not just like the past where it's the same world, but that if you do something epic (like take out a uber-big boss single-handedly) your character could end up on the show (most likely extra type, but possible re-occurring). And, the events of the show will effect the game as it unfolds. It is definitely an interesting experiment in cross-media entertainment.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341804 - This was a reply to message #341770

Listing 391 to 400 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 37 38 39 40 41