Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 381 to 390 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 37 38 39 40 41
Nix
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 10, 2013 9:45 PM
My bro and I picked up a Wii U the other day. After spending all night updating (256K connection speeds done be slow) four of us played around on Nintendoland for several hours. The gamepad is a pretty interesting feature and I can't wait to see what cool things can be done with it in the future.

I also picked up Dead Island. Having fun smacking zombies around, but a little ticked that I had to restart due to a game glitch. I died and when the game loaded my "last checkpoint" I skipped forward 2 story missions...I think I'll use a "WTF?" here.

WTF?!

That said, putting together a flaming bat brightened my day.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #341663 - This was a reply to message #341662
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 11, 2013 5:14 PM
I will be playing DEad Space 3 once I get a hold of it, and hope my ancient comp can run it.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341668 - This was a reply to message #341662
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 12, 2013 5:34 AM
Started playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time a few months ago. Final Fantasy VI has long been one of my favorite games of all time, but I didn't have a PS1 back in the day, so I missed this one when it was huge, and only recently got a PS3, so picked it up on the network.

Have to say, I'm not all that thrilled with it. Even with the old JRPG mindset, the first disc is incredibly slow with little reason to care about any of the individual characters. The second disc finally drew me in, so I was willing to look past its flaws and really get sucked into the story at that point. Now I'm on the third disc, and finally doing some of the side stuff I'd been ignoring, since there's really no story left other than the final dungeon.

And that side stuff is, to say the least, not fun. I spent better than an hour fighting an optional boss, not because it was hard, but because in-between several very short combat sessions, I had to chase the thing in my airship for upwards of ten minutes at a time as it idly wandered around the map before it settled on a place for us to fight again. It was easily the least fun I'd had with the game.

And then I played the Arena section, where I wound up fighting well over 100 exceedingly simple battles, but I had to fight them all back-to-back to build up enough points to buy the two important things there. If you ever leave, you lose all your points, and you can't save inside. It was easily the least fun I'd had with the game.

And then I decided to give chocobo breeding a try, and have already quit because, all other complaints aside... It was easily the least fun I'd had with the game.

The second disc was wonderful, the story is pretty damned cool despite the too-slow start. The side stuff is not even a little fun, and the fixed camera mini-maps are atrocious for finding your way around. I have absolutely no idea what my overall opinion of this game is, and am left to question if its predecessor is really as good as I remember it, or if nostalgia is just as kind to VI as I believe it must have been to people's opinion of VII.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #341670 - This was a reply to message #341668
TheShadowlord

Tuesday February 26, 2013 2:18 PM
Trying to play Planescape: Torment again. First time I've tried it since getting a Vista machine, and itseemed to work fine to start with. None of the blocky text or fog of war problems that I suffered on XP. However, any time a spell is cast, the game freezes for a minute or so, or freezes, then crashes. Which, as you can imagine, makes the game almost unplayable, considering the number of spellcasters you meet.

I'll have to try searching the net for fixes and hope I understand what the hell the people are talking about.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341688 - This was a reply to message #341670
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Wednesday February 27, 2013 7:56 AM
Currently playing Ocarina of Time on my new 3DS.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341689 - This was a reply to message #341688
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday February 27, 2013 7:57 AM
Hopefully, you will find a clean mod which is an exe that fixed the problems you've been having.

Currently in the rotation:

BLOPSII, Dragon's Dogma, and more Skyrim....(one of these days, I'm going to actually do the main storyline!)
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341690 - This was a reply to message #341688
TheShadowlord

Wednesday February 27, 2013 5:25 PM
No real luck in fixing the problem, but i've found out that if I scroll away from the spell effect, everything works normally. A bit annoying since the spell visuals were fun, but better than having the game crash. Fortunately, combat isn't such a great part of the game that it makes in unplayable. Just spent 3 hours with only a single combat encounter.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341691 - This was a reply to message #341690
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 1, 2013 12:12 AM
Started Xenoblade: Chronicles the other day, since my brother seems to have abandoned it. Spent 10+ hours on it so far and most of it has been trying to complete side-quests. I can tell this game is not going to be easy on my "Quest ADD" issues.

Got a new PC a couple weeks ago and got Crysis 3 and Bioshock:Infinite downloads with the graphics card. So far, Crysis 3 hasn't been impressive. It looks good graphically, but the gameplay isn't anything I haven't done before. Maybe part of my problem is I've never even seen the other two games played, so I'm getting the end of a story...Ah well, it was free, and I got Bioshock to look forward to next month.

Also playing a couple LAN games with my Brother and the other guys from the gaming group. We've got a Neverwinter Nights game going, and some of us are playing around with ArmA II: Free (military simulator, in case you don't know).
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #341693 - This was a reply to message #341691
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 1, 2013 9:38 AM
QUOTED  ArmA II

Also known as the program you have to download and run for DayZ.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341695 - This was a reply to message #341693
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

Saturday March 2, 2013 1:57 AM
QUOTED  Started playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time a few months ago. Final Fantasy VI has long been one of my favorite games of all time, but I didn't have a PS1 back in the day, so I missed this one when it was huge, and only recently got a PS3, so picked it up on the network.

Have to say, I'm not all that thrilled with it.

Warned you, I did. Listen, you did not. Now put up with your constant bitchy texts about it, I must.

If there's one game in this world I loathe as overrated... and there are many... it's that one. Not because it's bad; it isn't. The storyline is actually pretty cool. It's just not very fun. At all. And considering how much I love FF6, that's a serious step down.
I'll cut myself short there, because I know I've subjected you all to my anti-FFVII tirade before, but it still stands damnit!

QUOTED  Trying to play Planescape: Torment again.

I am exactly zero help for the technical issues. I just was suddenly reminded with an urgent ladyboner of how wonderful that game is. Best ending of any epic fantasy game I've ever played, period.

QUOTED  Skyrim....(one of these days, I'm going to actually do the main storyline!)

Pffft. Main storyline? In an Elder Scrolls game? Don't talk blasphemy, sirrah.

I've been half-heartedly picking away at Dishonored for a while now. It's a good game and all, but it mostly just makes me really want to go play Thief 2. Seriously. It's like someone locked the Thief trilogy in a closet with Assassin's Creed, and nine months later this came out... except it came with the worst handicap of the Creed games and lacking the best aspect of the Thief games: the main character is not very good. Corvo's not particularly interesting. He's not good or bad or funny or anything. I get that the "self-insertion" kind of character is very popular these days, but they've already fucked up a Bioshock-style character you can just paint yourself on by telling us way too much about him.

One of the best selling points of the Thief games was the main character. Great writing, great voice-acting, great presentation. You could play about ten minutes of the first game and get an incredible feel for him: kind of a dick, issues with authority, bleak sense of humor, but not quite as heartless underneath it all as he tried to be. Self-insertion, "blank" characters are the lazy way out of having to get good character writers and voice actors. They're aping a game that did it very well, without understanding WHY it worked.

Which is related to the game I've been playing most of the time these days, Bioshock. Again. For the umpteenth time, while I salivate over the Infinite trailers. I regret nothing.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341699 - This was a reply to message #341688

Listing 381 to 390 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 37 38 39 40 41