Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 321 to 330 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 31 32 33 34 35
Anbu_Elf
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 113

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 13, 2010 6:15 PM
First of all... I hate to say it... but we sold the PS3! T.T

That being said, I've been playing the PS2 because we finally got it hooked back up. I've been playing Dark Cloud, Okami, and Ultimate Ninja 3. As I said before, I prefer the original Ultimate Ninja series over Ultimate Ninja Storm. In UN 3, there is an Ultimate Challenge mode. All you have to do is collect red (5 points) and blue (1 point) crystals which are held by other players. Not very challenging, but still fun. The only character you play as is Naruto, and there is one fight where you can control Sasuke.

Dark Cloud is a rather old game with two sequels. The first one is the only one I've played. It can be difficult if you spend to much time trying to level up all of your weapons, or if you don't work with certain characters as much as others. I find this game to be a lot of fun. Over all, you have to restore the world it once was because most of it was destroyed by a powerful dark genie. In the end, you have to fight that Dark Genie, big shocker there.

Okami is a Japanese made game where you play as a wolf, again big shocker there if you know that Okami translates to wolf. You meet some interesting characters along the way which adds humor to the game. This game is about a wolf god collecting the 13 Celestial brush powers which will later be used against the dark god Orochi, who seeks to contaminate the world with darkness and evil monsters. I like this game a lot too, but haven't beaten it yet.
 Message #338852 - This was a reply to message #338386
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday January 2, 2011 2:07 PM
I'm playing Dead Space.
Ignore for a moment that the story and much of the level design is almost exactly the same as Doom 3, and it's a decent time-waster.
The removal of overlaid health and ammo bars, cunningly hidden into the suit and weapons, was a nice touch, the weapons are a little more interesting than the standard gun/shotgun/rocketlauncher combo that tends to show up, and upgrading your gear is quite fun, even if not necessary.
The whole "looking over the right shoulder" of your character takes a bit of getting used to, but eventually it isn't bothersome.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338975 - This was a reply to message #338852
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Monday January 3, 2011 9:17 AM
Fallout: New Vegas.

*Thumbs up*
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #338976 - This was a reply to message #338975
TheShadowlord

Monday May 30, 2011 3:26 PM
Dead Space 2.
Nice sequel. really nasty on the second worst difficulty, even with maxed out gear.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339869 - This was a reply to message #338976
TheShadowlord

Monday July 4, 2011 4:28 PM
Found a few games on sale that I didn't play when they came out, so I've played BioShock and Jade Empire.
Bs was good. I can see where certain later FPSs got some stuff, but I don't really think there's much replay value.
JE was good too. Bioware seems to know what to do. I didn't enjoy it as much as KOTOR, but that may just be because i'm a big SW fan. Anyway, definitely worth the play.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339958 - This was a reply to message #339869
TheShadowlord

Thursday August 4, 2011 9:13 PM
Borrowing Neverwinter Nights 2, Mask of the Betrayer and Shadows of Zehir from a friend.
NWN2 was a better story than the first one. Tighter story, better crafting (even if I didn't care about it) and I loved being in charge of my own keep and upgrading it.
Mask of the Betrayer was much, much better. The quality of the story, the other characters you get in your party, etc. reminded me much more of a Planescape story than a Forgotten Realms one, which makes me very happy. just started on the second play through where I'm going to give in to the Dark Side.
Unfortunately, it's a pretty short campaign, and once you've played through the first time you should be able to play through it in 4 hours or so, especially if you ignore plot-irrelevant encounters.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340079 - This was a reply to message #339958
TheShadowlord

Monday September 26, 2011 2:55 PM
Playing Mass EFfect.
I know I'm a bit late on these games, but that's mostly because I figure I can wait a couple of years until the game is cheaper and most of the bugs are ironed out.
Quite good. Not as awesome as I've heard some say, but a good time waster.
The Mako is the most annoying thing, really. Horrible steering.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340202 - This was a reply to message #340079
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Saturday October 1, 2011 11:35 PM
QUOTED  The Mako is the most annoying thing, really. Horrible steering.

You must be playing on the 360. Played the game a few times through and I still drive into pits. Don't have to worry about that in #2. No vehicle, just shooting and looting. Though, I wonder what it would be like to have to control the "Combat Cockroach".
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340220 - This was a reply to message #340202
TheShadowlord

Sunday October 2, 2011 3:15 PM
Nope, playing on the PC. I don't have an x-box of any desription, nor do I wish to have one.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340223 - This was a reply to message #340220
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Wednesday December 28, 2011 11:25 PM
I'm playing Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim just like everybody else. And it is awesome!!!! The graphics are almost too good. Any better and I'm afraid I'll start forgetting whats real and whats not. The controls are tight and responsive, even with a slightly drifty controller...

All right, drool-fest over. Now to critique a little: Its too easy for the most part, but at times one little encounter can bugger you for countless restarts. Just yesterday I spent a half hour re-loading to fight the same three bandits because they kept waxing my follower and then getting special kills on me when I was at 1/4 life.

Following the same re-loading vein is the issue with freeze-ups that seem to be a staple of Bethesda games. There's no adrenaline-killer quite like drawing back your bow to release the final arrow and having nothing happen. So far I've only had 2 of the freeze-ups after 15 hours of play though, so its not so bad and since the game auto-saves fairly often progress loss was minimal.

Now to finish with a good thing: The level-up system. I was worried that the perk system would be a bad fit for an Elder Scrolls game since the leveling system is quite different from Fallout. However, the best of both worlds was used, i.e. the skills raise as they are used and every level you gain a perk to put in any skill assuming you have the requisite skill level.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340549 - This was a reply to message #340223

Listing 321 to 330 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 31 32 33 34 35