Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 281 to 290 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 27 28 29 30 31
Unbeliever
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 17, 2010 4:31 PM
About to be playing Red Dead Redemption, but had to share a nightmare story about Dragon Age.

So, I got that one for Christmas, but made little headway on it before ME2 came out, so it was completely abandoned for a while. After finishing Mass Effect, I didn't really feel like jumping back to another RPG for a while. So, I played through all the Half-Life 2 games over the span of a couple months, which I'd never played.

Then, finally got around to Dragon Age, and was quickly sucked into it. Did all the loyalty missions I could get, got to the final level, with wave after wave of darkspawn, forced to reload a few times due to immense levels of death. Finally, get to the archdemon, and am battling it. Things are going great with my group, Alistair and myself attacking it at close range, Leliana and the elven army nailing it from range with bows, and Wynne making sure nobody is dead.

Whittle the thing down to about half its life, really locked in, waiting for the imminent darkspawn horde that I just -know- is going to show up, and then...

... then my one-year old nephew, who had wandered near the XBox without me noticing (again, in the zone), or his parents doing anything about it, trips and falls into the 360. Down goes the child, down goes the machine, and while -he- was fine, my XBox made the most god-awful grinding sound. I jump up and turn it off.

So my Dragon Age is now sporting a fantastic circular ring around the disc, and is completely unplayable. The XBox, happily, is fine and doesn't damage other discs. However, halfway through the final boss, I can no longer play the game.

This is the essence of my life.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #336630 - This was a reply to message #336621
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 18, 2010 12:24 AM
....... *picks jaw up*

That's AWFUL. Rugrats should be kept in pens until they get their balance.

Speaking as someone who has maxed out the number of characters you can create, maybe there is a good side to it, though- you get to still have a life. Not me. Haven't even played the Kasumi DLC yet because of Dragon Age. Ended up buying Awakenings twice because the download was too slow (so I've spent 75b euro on a 15hr expansion...), and shall be buying Chronicles today as soon as I get points. Sigh.

(Same final party as me, incidentally).
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #336638 - This was a reply to message #336630
Max

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,041

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 18, 2010 1:40 PM
Still working on Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2, both are great.

LOVED Splinter Cell. Been playing a lot of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, though. I find it highly addicting, although at times aggravating.
Work Hard, Play Hard, Live Hard,

but Love softly, and with All your Heart
 Message #336651 - This was a reply to message #336638
Unbeliever

Tuesday May 18, 2010 3:38 PM
QUOTED  (Same final party as me, incidentally).

I felt the need to be the good guy the first time through, since it reminded me of KoTOR, and I never could get far in my second playthroughs of those, after being bad the first time. Just so much more entertaining the bad way.

Mass Effect, on the other hand, I can't even bring myself to -be- bad in. Weird.

Also played through Ghostbusters recently. Not a great game, but I had a ton of fun. Possibly because of how silly the game is, or possibly because of how much of a raging Ghostbusters' fan I am. Either way, I got it for cheap and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

Was working on a little Beyond Good and Evil while I waited for the next 360 game to catch my eye, and have been digging that one so far, too. Heard nothing but good things about it.
 Message #336657 - This was a reply to message #336651
XtheYeti

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 419

Wednesday May 19, 2010 8:28 PM
So I just randomly played portal again...and...I want the fucking thing to last longer damn it! I WANT MORE PORTAL!!!!!
 Message #336665 - This was a reply to message #336657
Max

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,041

Thursday May 20, 2010 6:31 PM
Aren't they making a Portal 2?
Work Hard, Play Hard, Live Hard,

but Love softly, and with All your Heart
 Message #336696 - This was a reply to message #336665
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 21, 2010 11:13 PM
Ok, so yeah, still doing the GH5 game....

I admit I'm not that good at it, only working on easy and medium so far, as a bassist.... but, I unlocked the second to last venue (Fjord of Swords) and there is a song I FUCKING LOVE, but can not complete it. Demon(s) by Darkest Hour.

On EASY, the Gold Record challenge is to hit as many open notes as you can....

Here's a video of the bass only part on Expert.... not that much different than Easy, just drop the bottom two colors and move them into the top three..... 1172 notes, for. a. BASS!

Fuck me running, up stairs backwards, on a pogo stick.

Downloaded Super Mario 3 and a fun little shooter called Zombie Panic in Wonderland, fun as hell
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #336705 - This was a reply to message #336507
Unbeliever

Sunday May 23, 2010 1:27 PM
Red Dead Redemption = Win.

Much like its Rockstar counterparts, though, just messing around is much more fun than actually playing the game. The only reason I've been playing story missions so far is to unlock the map.

Random, non mission-related things I've done so far:

- Helped some bandits murder everyone on a stage and take everything from them... then killed all the bandits and took all of their things, too.

- Pushed over the piano player in a saloon. Then casually left. Soon, heard the man behind me, calling me names. I turned to see him approaching with his fists up, ready to fight. So I lassoed him, hogtied him, and left him in the middle of the street and continued on my merry way.

- Similarly pushed over a man with his feet up on a table, then went to the bar to get a drink. While the bartender was pouring it (after taking my $2), the man pistol whipped me from behind. I stumble into the bar, recover, turn, grab the man by the shoulder to pull him in close, stick my revolver into his stomach and pull the trigger.

- Won lots of money cheating at poker.

- Been caught cheating at poker a couple of times, and was forced to duel my accusers in the street. There are now three fewer poker players in the world to accuse me of cheating.

- Lassoed a person that had the audacity to ride past me on the road, dragged them behind my horse for a while, before I hogtied them, put them on the back of my horse, and dropped them off on the train tracks, just a little ways ahead of the train. Sat back and watched the train come by and chuckled at the spray of blood and body parts that followed. And apparently I got an achievement for it.

So, yeah. Good times with this game.
 Message #336712 - This was a reply to message #336705
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Sunday May 23, 2010 3:55 PM
QUOTED  1172 notes, for. a. BASS!

Holy crap. The wife and I finished out easy on GH3 and decided to try our luck on medium. Owowowow! Critical hit to the ego. Of course it doesn't help that her elbow is all fucked up right now either. I'm hoping that's why her guitar playing sucked so bad, mine is just slow dumb fingers.

QUOTED  Zombie Panic in Wonderland

That sounds even better than that zombie bunny shooter i ran across a few months ago.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #336718 - This was a reply to message #336712
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 23, 2010 7:11 PM
QUOTED  That sounds even better than that zombie bunny shooter i ran across a few months ago.

If you haven't played it yet, try out Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse. Trust me, you'll like it.

Currently replaying Soul Reaver 2. Yeah, a PS2 game, because that's how I roll
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #336725 - This was a reply to message #336718

Listing 281 to 290 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 27 28 29 30 31