Discussions in Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Entertainment
Games (Video/Computer, Board, Card... etc.)
What game(s) are you currently playing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What game(s) are you currently playing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 101 to 110 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 9 10 11 12 13
Orion
RE: What game(s) are you currently playing?

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 564

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday March 21, 2007 1:05 PM
Ive been rocking God of War 2, and I finaly beat it, also WoW has been keepin me busy on the weekends, and Final Fantasy 3 for the Ds on those long car rides, all stellar titles, pick em up!
The hardest questions we ask, are the only ones we can answer~Orion

MySpace Url: For those who wish to know--http://www.myspace.com/elchupacabrakid89
 Message #311482 - This was a reply to message #311480
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday March 21, 2007 3:29 PM
I prefer FFVIII to VI.

I'm not loving XII as much as I should- and it's all little things, but they really annoy me- I don't like the colour palette used, I don't like the names of places or things, I don't like having to buy nearly bloody everything (techniks, spells, accessory/weapon/armour skills, gambits, ack!), I don't like the monsters, I don't like the license board (everyone can learn everything- I'm level 50 and have nearly the whole thing filled in so all my characters can do everything which takes away the usual minor-skill factor of choosing the right character for the right situation/strategy), I don't like the gambits (they're making me lazy), I-as expected of recent FF games- HATE the 'main' character (that you start off/have on screen most, i.e. Vaan), I don't like the rabbit people (are they wearing heels on their feet or are they an actual part of their foot? Evolutionarily speaking I can't see the point of the entire race- stupid, it's a game, I know, but it's annoying), I don't like waiting for the weather to be right to get certain marks (in theory, it's a nice idea, but in actuality, when you're tired and want to go to bed/have to prepare work it's annoying as bejaysus to have to enter and exit an area- a whole area rather than a screen- a hundred billion times to get it to be cloudy-but-not-raining).

Mainly, I think I dislike it because it doesn't have Auron or Vincent, lol.

So many other things I don't like and yet, and yet, I already have nearly 70 hours of gameplay (I am thorough, not slow).

I don't understand.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #311491 - This was a reply to message #311480
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 22, 2007 4:48 PM
QUOTED  Fuckin Eh! Final Fantasy 6 (or FF3 in the SNES days) is hands down my favourite RPG of all time.

I could go on about that game more than any human should rightly be able to talk about a video game... All the little character development (right down to my theory about Shadow and Relm that my brother doesn't buy into despite how much I beat it into his head) is spectacular. Great story. Right when you think you're nearing the end, bam! The whole world is righteously fucked, and it turns out you've just made it to the halfway point. Love it.

Now Playing:
FF VI
Oblivion
Guitar Hero 2
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007

Soon to be playing the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion, along with Baseball Mogul 2008; a game I can play for hours on end, and nobody else even thinks is fun. For whatever reason, crunching numbers is entirely too addictive to me.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #311619 - This was a reply to message #311491
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Friday March 23, 2007 3:44 AM
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Man, I love this game
Two problems: not long enough and the SBDs are way tougher than droidekas. Other than that, great.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #311732 - This was a reply to message #311619
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

Saturday March 24, 2007 2:51 PM
QUOTED  Ive been rocking God of War 2, and I finaly beat it,

How would you rate the replay value of the game? Is it anything like the Prince of Persia games?

QUOTED  Star Wars: Republic Commando

What platform is that on? And what kind of game is it?

I've been hurting for a good game for my ps2. Now that the newer platforms have come out, companies like Nintendo and Sony have turned a cold shoulder towards those of us who still play on the older consoles. Or perhaps not sony since they did just make God of War 2. But other than that they really don't plug many new games for the PS2.
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #311860 - This was a reply to message #311482
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 24, 2007 5:08 PM
Currently playing a borrowed version of Diablo II. Necromancers WIN at LIFE.

QUOTED  I've been hurting for a good game for my ps2. Now that the newer platforms have come out, companies like Nintendo and Sony have turned a cold shoulder towards those of us who still play on the older consoles. Or perhaps not sony since they did just make God of War 2. But other than that they really don't plug many new games for the PS2.

If you've never played it, Devil May Cry 3 is a good one for fun gameplay and plenty of replay. It's a prequel, so no knowledge of the first two games required. It's hella fun to play, nice and long, and the plot's quite well done. The only real problem with it is that it has a pretty sharp learning curve, so you'll probably be starting a few times, but once you get the hang of it, it's wicked fun.

Recently got a chance to play Resident Evil 4 for a while, which was also quite fun. Zombies with chainsaws!
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #311883 - This was a reply to message #311860
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

MP: 6,622

Sunday March 25, 2007 3:49 AM
I had a bad experience with Resident Evil: Code Veronica. The other games in the series must be better otherwise I really don't understand why so many people give this title such high acclaim.

With Code Veronica I found fustration in the way Clair moves around the screen. There's never enough ammo. The inventory system was a bitch. The game play itself was boring and if you've missed doing something important before you saved you were screwed for the rest of the game. Oh yeah.

I also despised the way that you had to be inventive with what type of weapon to use on what type of situation. For example if I used up my arrows shooting some bats I would have never had been able to kill a boss character 20 scenes from then because it required that you save all your arrows throughout the game and combine them with the thus far useless bow gun powder. Like wise if you weren't clever enough to pick up on the fact that you should have (or even could have) held on to a fire extinguisher from the begginning of the game then you'd have completely missed out on getting the magnum gun required to destroy the final boss at the end of the game.

The only good part of the game was that it came with a sample disc of The Devil May Cry. It felt too much like a button smasher and like you said angle, the controls and elements of what is what took to long to figure out. The sample version was too short for me to make heads or tails of what I was doing.
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #311927 - This was a reply to message #311883
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 25, 2007 10:38 AM
QUOTED  I had a bad experience with Resident Evil: Code Veronica. The other games in the series must be better otherwise I really don't understand why so many people give this title such high acclaim.

With Code Veronica I found fustration in the way Clair moves around the screen. There's never enough ammo. The inventory system was a bitch. The game play itself was boring and if you've missed doing something important before you saved you were screwed for the rest of the game. Oh yeah.

Code Veronica was pretty typical of the early RE games. The reason RE4 was so popular was because it threw all that out the window, and it feels so much simpler to play since it does have those annoying pre-rendered backgrounds that could be such a bitch in the early games. It feels a lot more...I don't know, interactive. Instead of constantly running around nasty claustrophobic hallways, you get to jump out windows, run through woods, push tables in front of doors, and there's these nifty interactive cutscene things. Seemed less like the gameplay was a chore to get to the plot and more "WHEEE! I'm so totally kicking spanish zombie things' ass!".

I hear ya on the ammo thing though, drove me nuts. It may have been intended to create suspense, but it tended to make me feel like swimming to Japan to stab the game designer in the eye with my controller. It's not even close to being such a problem in RE4, which again, is quite the improvement.

QUOTED  t felt too much like a button smasher and like you said angle, the controls and elements of what is what took to long to figure out. The sample version was too short for me to make heads or tails of what I was doing.

I don't really consider it a button smasher when there's so much you can do with the buttons.(bouncing up in the air while shooting down never fails to amuse me no matter how many times I do it )
I'd recommend giving it another try if you can borrow a disc from someone or something, see if you like it. I'm a big fan of the series altogether, so I'm rather biased

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Sunday March 25, 2007 10:41 AM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #311943 - This was a reply to message #311927
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Tuesday March 27, 2007 12:07 AM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  Star Wars: Republic Commando

What platform is that on? And what kind of game is it?

PC or X-box.

Squad-based FPS. You run around with 3 other super Clones and kill things and blow stuff up. Easy to control your squad and a pretty good AI for them, so you don't feel as though you always have to tell them what to do and don't have time to do anything yourself.

The book "Republic Commando: Hard Contact" is quite good, one of the best Clone Wars novels. "Triple Zero" is not as good, what with Traviss getting her clone-gasm writing going full speed.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #312057 - This was a reply to message #311943
teutonicknight

Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,567

Tuesday March 27, 2007 7:19 AM
I'm going back and playing Disgaea 2 again. Right now I'm trying to get the last piece of the treasure map so I can get to the Land of Carnage. Stupid elusive orc pirates won't show themselves so I can beat the sheissa out of them and take their treasure map piece.

Other than that: DDR baby! WHOO-PAH!
*does the shiggy shake on the dance mat*
If I went around claiming I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

Commander in the Glitterqueens and General of the mighty Puchuu army!

Der Comicstein!
 Message #312080 - This was a reply to message #312057

Listing 101 to 110 of 402 Replies

PAGES: 41 9 10 11 12 13