PAGES: 1
TheShadowlord
Iron Man 3 (spoilers)

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 5, 2013 3:31 AM
On the whole, a good film. Better than 2. A little more serious, but still plenty of Tony Stark quipping his way through encounters. With strong elements from the Extremis (the first one) story by Warren Ellis, the bad guys seem more frightening than the big bad of IM2 (superwhips that couldn't even really cuth through armor? really?), and it was fun to see the large number of suits produced by Tony since the Avengers.

Of course one can wonder what SHIELD was doing in this movie. Conveniently busy with something else, I guess.

Of course the ending is quite similar to The Dark Knight Rises. Tony blowing up all his suits, getting his heart fixed, tharowing away his power core and claiming to have moved beyond that. Saying "I am Iron Man" could mean he's just going to start up again at a new house. That would ruin the whole point of blowing up the suits and getting rid of power source, but it would help getting IM into the Avengers 2.

Let's just hope that they keep RDJ for Tony Stark.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341836
Avenging_Angel
RE: Iron Man 3 (spoilers)

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 7, 2013 6:56 AM
I loved it until the last five minutes or so. It was way too clear that RDJ's contract was up and they were trying to tie it up. Otherwise, loved it.

I did spend most of the movie wondering where Cap was while evil superpowered terrorists were threatening the president, though. Seems like it's right up his alley.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341837 - This was a reply to message #341836
Jet_Jenkins

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 7

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 8, 2013 12:45 AM
Lava karate chops. Oh, my!
 Message #341840 - This was a reply to message #341836
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 10, 2013 5:08 PM
That's the problem with all shared-world superheroes, Angel. If X is so dangerous, why aren't more people involved?
The usual excuse is 'they were busy with something else'. In this case, I'm guessing Cap was busy with Captain America 2.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341845 - This was a reply to message #341837

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1