PAGES: 2 1 2
tassanaburrfoot
RE: The Hobbit

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 28, 2012 7:34 AM
Again, I think Peter Jackson was trying too hard with it. Like, he was trying too hard to make the movie better than LotR. And all that falling was for the 3D tripe. Seriously. Sometimes 3D just pisses me off.

Also, I love Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee. I really do. But they both looked ~really~ old in this movie to me. I mean, I know they ~are~ old. I know that Gandolf and Saruman ~are~ old, but aren't they supposed to be younger in this movie? Considering it takes place some 30 years before LotR? Instead of all those special effects they used to explode shit and make people fall and all, perhaps they should have used them to make the actors look younger? Some ground breaking technology that doesn't look as fake as a muscle-less Chris Evans, for example?

I mean, the acting was great, at least I think so. I thought they did an excellent job in picking out a young Bilbo Baggins and each of the dwarves. (Even if the dwarves did look a little too human in some cases, like the lead dwarf, Thorin.)

They had the elven telepathy thing, too, in LotR, didn't they? But only Galadriel could do it. I thought it was more due to the fact that she is the keeper of one of the rings or perhaps a magic user in her own right. As I said before, I haven't read the books.

I know I need to. No doubt they are a hellavua lot better than the movies. My main issue though is the way Tolkien tells the story. I just can't get into it. I get 20 pages in and just get bored out of my mind and distracted by other things. Perhaps if I tried audiobooks I would do better with them, I don't know.

How many years did Peter Jackson spend on this movie? I know he spent like 7 years on the LotR tril. Oh, by the way, the Hobbit isn't over yet. There's still two more movies coming out.
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #341555 - This was a reply to message #341554

Listing 11 to 11 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2