PAGES: 1
TheShadowlord
The Dark Knight Rises

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 5, 2012 3:00 PM
So, Nolan's Batman is over. Minor spoilers.

This was a pretty damn good movie. A little long you might think, but I honestly didn't notice the length. If you ignore the minor plot holes a bout kids aging oddly and various other minor things (like Bruce Wayne' superhuman healing abilities), it's a great finale.
Bane is far more interesting and impressive here than his comic book original, mostly because he doesn't look like an idiot.
I liked the elements adopted from "The Dark Knight Returns", but was a bit put off by Batman's sudden acceptance of killing people to get things done. A bit out of character.
But you can't fault the villains' sense of scale and planning. All that just to piss off Batman. Talk about being a vengeful bitch.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341142
Avenging_Angel
RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 9, 2012 10:57 PM
It was okay.

I'm pretty glad to be done with Nolan's Batman. I -love- Batman Begins and think it may well be a perfect Batman movie, but after that they basically turned into Nolan crime thrillers, guest starring Batman and friends. This one was not as bad about it as The Dark Knight, but still.

Of course, I may just be embittered because of the legions of teenage boys in "Why so serious" shirts trying to tell me what huge Batman fans they are - they've seen The Dark Knight, like, five times!

Also, why on earth doesn't the Scarecrow ever get to headline his own movie? Cillian Murphy is brilliant, and he's a fantastic villain. Maybe not enough opportunity to make half-baked political metaphors.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341155 - This was a reply to message #341142
TheShadowlord
RE: The Dark Knight Rises

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday August 10, 2012 4:22 PM
At least Batman and Catwoman ended up together at the end.
Talk about fanservice.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341161 - This was a reply to message #341155

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1