PAGES: 1
DarkDalamar20
The Amazing Spider-Man

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday July 17, 2012 11:49 PM
Took Eli to see this yesterday. REALLY liked it. I thought the whole feel of the story was much more mature and believable than the previous three movies. I like the new guy - never really been a fan of Toby McGuire, and I think Andrew Garfield brings out some real emotions in Peter Parker. The Lizard was kind of creepy looking - but the action was pretty intense and the story is sure to get a lot deeper. Apparently #2 is already being written, so hopefully the sequel fleshes out some story and keeps with the same feel. Good movie.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #341084
TheShadowlord
RE: The Amazing Spider-Man

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday July 24, 2012 2:50 AM
I quite liked it. I liked the first Sam Raimi one, and this one managed to top it. The use of 3d was quite good, Spidey was throwing quips as well as webs, he was far more acrobatic that in Raimi's, and a generally nice guy. Really liked how they went with Gwen instead of MJ, and how she still liked PP after her dad died. I expected the whole "you let him die I hate you!" thing most other movies would have had.

About the only thing I disliked was how human the Lizard looked. He should have looked more lizardy. And I just have a problem with Hollywood using 20-somethings to play teenagers. Come on, Hollywood: every other country takes the chance on young actors, why can't you?
Garfield was better than McGuire, who, as you say, could look a bit flat.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341107 - This was a reply to message #341084

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1