PAGES: 3 1 2 3
tassanaburrfoot
Ninja Turtles

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 25, 2012 9:51 AM
That's right. You read right. I said Ninja Turtles. Just fyi, this is going to be a little bitchfest.

So, I had read on Wikipedia that they were coming out with a Ninja Turtle movie. That, in itself, excited me because, regardless of what others may think, I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So, I was really excited about this idea. Especially since I had also read that it was going to be live action and the turtles were going to be CGI. We haven't had a live action Turtle movie since Jim Henson. So, again, I was excited.

Key word there? Was.

Not only is Michael Bay producing it, which didn't really infuriate me as much, but they are making the turtles into aliens. Yes. Aliens. They aren't going to be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They aren't even going to be teenagers! They are just the Ninja Turtles.

That's not all, though. They are changing Donatello's and Michelangelo's weapons into something sharp and pointy, like Leonardo's and Raphael's.

So, needless to say, I'm a little pissed. They are changing my turtles and I don't like it! I don't care if it's just a "marketing scheme." The turtles marketed just fine by being teenage mutants.
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #340895
Avenging_Angel
RE: Ninja Turtles

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 26, 2012 2:25 AM
I mentally wrote the whole thing off once I saw "Michael Bay". They'll probably cast Megan Fox as April and Shia Labeebitybobbityboo as Casey.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340896 - This was a reply to message #340895
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Friday April 27, 2012 1:21 PM
Fortunately, I never gave a crap about TMNT so I won't lose any sleep over it. I still think it sounds fuckin' stupid. Why does Bay like to ruin things?
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340900 - This was a reply to message #340896
tassanaburrfoot

Sunday April 29, 2012 2:37 AM
Megan Fox won't work with Michael Bay anymore. I read that she considers him a sexist pig. She wanted to do more in Transformers, but he had told her that she was just in the movie for sex appeal and it pissed her off. Or something like that. That's why they got a new girl for the last Transformers movie. I could be wrong on that, but that's what I heard/read.

Bay claimed that he was "making it better." I say bullshit.

My girlfriends, who are big Turtle fans, are boycotting the movie. I'm going to wait and see how the trailer looks, if they even get that far. The entire Turtle fandom is currently pissed off and trying to get the movie shut down, from what I've read. EW was trying to calm Turtle fans, citing that Peter Laird, one of the founders of the Turtles, was reported commenting in his blog that he was in agreement with Bay, but fans were quick to find the lie. Laird is actually completely against turning the Turtles into aliens and does not like what Bay is doing with them.

With any luck, Bay will come to his senses and either shut the movie down or, at the very least, keep the Turtles as mutants. I don't care if he ages them a bit, just so long as he keeps them as mutants. (Oh! And let's Donnie and Mikey keep their weapons.)

Either way, Bay is still a douche. Even moreso if he messes with the Turtles like he plans on doing.

[[Edited by tassanaburrfoot on Sunday April 29, 2012 2:40 AM]]
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

Message #340902 - This was a reply to message #340896
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday April 29, 2012 10:30 AM
QUOTED Megan Fox won't work with Michael Bay anymore. I read that she considers him a sexist pig. She wanted to do more in Transformers, but he had told her that she was just in the movie for sex appeal and it pissed her off. Or something like that. That's why they got a new girl for the last Transformers movie. I could be wrong on that, but that's what I heard/read.

Wow, she didn't get that fact? She's literally the love interest of the main character in a movie about fighting robots. What did she think she was there for? Can you say stupid?

What is this about Raph's weapon being sharp/pointy? He uses sais, which have neither blades nor a point. In a few movies lately, they've been changing the weapons of sai-users into long daggers with sai-like cross-guards. Leo is the only one with a bladed weapon.

But, I shouldn't be surprised. Michael Bay would add a Aegis-class frigate The Titanic if he had directed it.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #340903 - This was a reply to message #340902
tassanaburrfoot

Monday April 30, 2012 8:19 AM
I'm just repeating what I read. I know sais aren't supposed to be pointy or sharp. (Will it surprise you to know that I hadn't even known they were called sais until I saw Gabrielle use them on Xena? For years I just thought they were long daggers. Yeah. I was a sheltered child. Thank the gods I found this place in time.)

But try telling Michael Bay that sais aren't sharp and pointy. Better yet, tell him that Leo is the only one with bladed weapons. Let's see how well he takes that news.

Gotta love Hollywood.
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

Message #340904 - This was a reply to message #340903
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Wednesday May 2, 2012 1:53 AM
The weapons aren't going to matter, seeing as how they will all probably die in one of the 5 billion explosions Bay is sure to have in the movie.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #340905 - This was a reply to message #340904
TheShadowlord

Wednesday May 2, 2012 6:04 PM
I've also heard Spielberg, who backed Bay on prodcution matters (or something like that), wanted her out for calling Bay Hitler.

Either way, Parker and STone's song about Bay rings truer every day.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340906 - This was a reply to message #340905
tassanaburrfoot

Thursday May 3, 2012 1:37 AM
Parker and Stone's song about Bay? Link me up to this, I wanna hear it!
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

Message #340910 - This was a reply to message #340906
TheShadowlord

Thursday May 3, 2012 8:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwF5i8hwGt4

"Pearl Harbor sucks, and I miss you" from Team America: World Police.
So technically not about Bay's abilities outside of PH, but it fits.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340912 - This was a reply to message #340910

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3