PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 22 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Avenging_Angel
A Game of Thrones (SPOILERS!)

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 27, 2011 11:06 AM
Alright, kids. We've been waiting for this for a couple years, and now it's here - and it is fucking awesome.
udg
Just watched the first episode with the boy, and I was blown away from the start. The visuals are superb, and I loved, loved the way they showed the White Walkers at the beginning. The costumes obviously had a lot of thought and effort put into them, and if like me you're the kind of nerd that appreciates that sort of thing (and you're watching this show, so odds are good) the effort is appreciated. Sets are lovely, and I really hope this awesome intro sequence wins some sort of visual award a la Carnivale.

All the performances are solid. Sean Bean is not perhaps my first choice for Ned, but I like the brooding almost Hamlet-esque vibe he gives. All the main party from King's Landing were spot on, with King Robert embodying everything I'd pictured in the books. Jaime not quite as close, but still does a great job. And Peter Dinklage as Tyrion... my god, I could write a whole review based on how fucking awesome he is as Tyrion. But "fucking awesome" will have to do.

There's a few details modified here and there, which some might quibble about, but I felt that what was changed was still in keeping with the spirit of the books. I feel like if they keep this running, it could turn into a new juggernaut for HBO. And hopefully that will mean more fantasy series get this treatment - one season per book, all the graphic sex and violence you could want (and boyo, is there plenty), a nice big budget combined with respectful writers? Yes please.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #339651
TheShadowlord
RE: A Game of Thrones (SPOILERS!)

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 27, 2011 12:02 PM
It's being shown here, but on a channel we don't get. Even my gf, who has barely heard of the books, wants to see this.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339653 - This was a reply to message #339651
DarkDalamar20

MP: 6,311

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 28, 2011 3:27 AM
I am sooooooooooooooo upset that I can't be watching this. I contemplated just signing up for HBO while this was on - my only hope is that I can get it online somehow, somewhere, soon. I watched the first 15 minutes online when they had that little teaser out and it was GREAT. I look forward to watching this, and having HBO already pick up a second season is great news for the future of the show.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #339657 - This was a reply to message #339653
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday April 30, 2011 1:03 AM
QUOTED  And Peter Dinklage as Tyrion... my god, I could write a whole review based on how fucking awesome he is as Tyrion. But "fucking awesome" will have to do.

Seconded.

I'm looking forward to see how Arya is played. So far so good, but too small a part of the story to tell thus far.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #339659 - This was a reply to message #339651
Lich_Nexus

Tuesday May 3, 2011 2:13 AM
Episode three reminds me why Arya is my favorite character.

Message #339674 - This was a reply to message #339659
Lich_Nexus

Monday May 16, 2011 12:47 PM
I've read Game of Thrones three times, and each time, I must have missed that chapter where Ser Loras shaved Lord Renly's chest... then gave him a blow job.

I better re-read that shit again

Message #339773 - This was a reply to message #339674
Avenging_Angel

Tuesday May 17, 2011 10:16 PM
Man, the guy playing Viserys is so spot on. Including the part where I just madly want to smack him every time I see him.

QUOTED  I've read Game of Thrones three times, and each time, I must have missed that chapter where Ser Loras shaved Lord Renly's chest... then gave him a blow job.

Heh. To be fair, pretty much every time the two were brought up after Renly's death, GRRM hinted they were playing hide-the-lance. As did every character talking about them. And let's face it, anyone described as "beautiful" as often as Ser Loras ain't going to be coming into too many maiden's castles if you catch my drift...

- Renee Vivien

Message #339780 - This was a reply to message #339773
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 18, 2011 10:17 PM
QUOTED  Viserys is so spot on. Including the part where I just madly want to smack

I still can't wait until he gets his crown. As for Ser Loras, I say it again. What did you expect out of a knight that covers his armor with flowers?
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339786 - This was a reply to message #339780
Avenging_Angel

Friday May 20, 2011 12:23 AM
Can I just reiterate how much I love Peter Dinklage as Tyrion? Dear god. He is so damn perfect - he's got the attitude, the swagger, and rolls off those lines so smoothly.

Je t'adore.

QUOTED  I still can't wait until he gets his crown.

At the risk of sounding more unhinged than usual, that's one of my favorite parts of the first book, and I was afraid HBO might dumb it down, but given how graphic the show's been thus far I would guess not. Squee.

- Renee Vivien

Message #339800 - This was a reply to message #339786
Avenging_Angel

Tuesday May 24, 2011 11:18 PM
I'm trying to contain how badly I want to see this new episode, because it's Viserys' turn. But nooo. Have to wait for the boy.

Also, I'll submit that the only poorly cast character so far IMHO is Samwell Tarly. He looks too old and manly by far.

- Renee Vivien

Message #339820 - This was a reply to message #339800

Listing 1 to 10 of 22 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3