TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 9, 2010 3:30 PM
Nosferatu.

I remember being really impresesd by this movie when I was younger. I wasn't so impressed now, probably because my gf and I made silly quips throughout the movie.
still, the first vampire movie of them all still holds up well. Max Schreck's bloodsucker is maybe not quite as recognizable as Bela lugosi's, but he's way creepier. and the use of music and tinting is excellent.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338078 - This was a reply to message #338037
TheShadowlord

Monday September 13, 2010 1:04 AM
"Inglorious basterds", the Tarantion version. I had hoped to see the original first, but my gf brought this one home.
Not bad. Better than "Death proof", not as good as "Kill Bill" or "Pulp Fiction"

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338108 - This was a reply to message #338078
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 14, 2010 12:15 AM
QUOTED  I remember being really impresesd by this movie when I was younger. I wasn't so impressed now, probably because my gf and I made silly quips throughout the movie.
still, the first vampire movie of them all still holds up well. Max Schreck's bloodsucker is maybe not quite as recognizable as Bela lugosi's, but he's way creepier. and the use of music and tinting is excellent.

I love Nosferatu. It's such a well-made movie, and as a friend of mine pointed out, "nothing that old has any business being that creepy".

Just watched Beetlejuice with my roommates because apparently none of them had seen it and I needed to remedy that. I honestly think it's one of Michael Keaton's greatest roles - the movie would have so completely fizzled without the insane energy he brings. But, really, the whole cast was fabulous. Probably one of my favorite Tim Burton movies.

Also, it resulted in all four of us running around singing the Shake Senora song while getting ready for class this morning.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #338117 - This was a reply to message #338108
TheShadowlord

Tuesday September 14, 2010 4:18 PM
I think what ruined Nosferatu for me the second time around, other than my gf and I ruining the mood with humor, was the fact that Orlok dies because he's so damn careless. don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great movie, it's just not as amazingly good as it was the first time I saw it.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338129 - This was a reply to message #338117
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Tuesday September 14, 2010 8:32 PM
I got my copy of Repo yesterday, so of course I'm going to be watching it today.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #338133 - This was a reply to message #338129
TheShadowlord

Sunday September 19, 2010 4:30 AM
Found a wonderful website with just about all of Doctor Who (minus the lost-reconstructed episodes), Torchwood and Sarah Jane Smith adventures.
So I've spent my sick days vegitating in front of my screen watching Matt Smith's version. I like him. quite a lot. Better than Tennent. A bit blah compared to some of the earlier ones, but good. Nearly as good as Eccleston. And the quality of the stories was generally higher than many of Tennents (which may be why I liked Smith better), and Amy is a really good companion. But I'm getting a bit tired of "ZOMg, End of the universe" season finales. We've had too many of them to take them seriously any more, and they have to try to top each other each time. Concentrate on better storues, writers, not bigger ones.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338160 - This was a reply to message #338133
TheShadowlord

Wednesday September 29, 2010 2:39 PM
Blackadder the Third. final episode.
Lord Wellington challenges to a gentlemen's duel with cannons. "Swords? we aren't in the middle ages anymore".
Love it.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338184 - This was a reply to message #338160
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday October 3, 2010 5:46 AM
Last night caught Let Me In, a remake of the fabulous Let The Right One In, aka. the best vampire movie I've seen in years. The remake was more suspense-horror oriented, but just as good of a movie. The first attack scene was incredibly brutal, and the child actors did an amazing job.

Definitely recommend it to anyone who like horror or just a damn good movie.

Currently watching Zombieland with my fellow zombies.

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Sunday October 3, 2010 5:48 AM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #338194 - This was a reply to message #338184
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Sunday October 3, 2010 7:25 AM
Starship Troopers. Nothing like a good bug-splatter film.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #338195 - This was a reply to message #338194
TheShadowlord

Monday October 4, 2010 5:09 PM
The Doctor Who tv movie with Paul McGann.
Not quite as bad as I had been led to believe, but not terribly good. McGann wasn't too bad, but the Master was terribly depressing. The movie suffered from being a mid-90s film.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #338198 - This was a reply to message #338195

Listing 61 to 70 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 5 6 7 8 9