PAGES: 35 31 32 33 34 35
TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 24, 2013 10:34 PM
Lodoss is taking a downward turn. The art, which dated, was ok in the first series and most of this one so far. About episode 18, the art took a nose-dive and the anime-tropes have exploded throughout. The exaggerated faces, faces looking like they were drawn by Picasso at his worst cubistness, and more. Still, the story is pretty good if you can overlook these drawbacks.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341880 - This was a reply to message #341858
TheShadowlord

Wednesday May 29, 2013 2:51 PM
*minor spoilers*

The final episodes were mixed. Mostly, the events played out like you'd expect, including the power of love saving the day and the main character making a stupid choice for a Wish, almost exactly like in "the Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising".

Worse was the terribly stupid motivations and actions of several supporting characterse. One bad guy only wanted what's best for his people, so he runs out on the BBEG who plans on destroying the world and ruling as king of the dead. Doesn't try to stop him or anything, just leaves.
And two heroes rushing to stop the BBEG decide to say "Screw saving the world, let's run off with this guy because we've got a huge man-crush on him".

Another person who has been fomenting war between the nations for thousands of years, because that prevents a build-up to super-power civilization and resulting collapse which does far more harm. Fine, I suppose, but then she inexplicably decides to help the BBEG because the heroes are getting too powerful. Just a bullshit anime explanation why this is preferable to stopping the BBEG from destroying everything.

I would seriously stick to just the original series.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341888 - This was a reply to message #341880
TheShadowlord

Thursday May 30, 2013 3:39 PM
Watched John Cater of Mars again.
I loved the Avengers, but I think JCM was the best movie to come out of 2012. It just perfectly captured high-spirited adventure is the hallmark of Burroughs' writing (and amazing visuals as well).

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341890 - This was a reply to message #340217
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 31, 2013 8:06 AM
I love John Carter (US Title). I think the majority of poor reviews were expecting something else. The movie followed the books very well. The only thing they messed up on is the costuming, but, truthfully, if they used Burroughs' idea of female clothing, it would've been rated NC-17/X.

Watching some anime from Anime Network on demand. Bodacious Space Pirates, Inu X Boku SS, and Psychic Detective Yakumo.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341891 - This was a reply to message #341890
TheShadowlord

Friday May 31, 2013 2:46 PM
I just feel compelled to add 'of Mars' to the title, because it was just so obvious that it should have been billed that way all along, if they weren't going to use the title 'A Princess of Mars'.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341892 - This was a reply to message #341891

Listing 341 to 345 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 31 32 33 34 35