PAGES: 35 2 3 4 5 6
Zayzie
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 10

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday July 27, 2010 12:13 PM
[quote]The end of Dreamcather is a total rape and mockery of the book. It completely sucks, just like the ending of The Mist, which is also a rape of an ending.[/quote]

It wasn't that serious, now that you mention it. It was one of the things that kind of threw me off from other things I had heard about it.

And just watched Terminator Salvation. It seems like the directors wanted to build up to these awesome scenes, that don't really last long or aren't that inspiring. The whole plot around Marcus seemed to be a bit too predictable. I wish they put a bit more effort into the thing. The random robots are kind of cool, but again, didn't get too much of them.
----"I play*plot*scheme ::::horror::suspense::psychological::thriller::characters::supernatural:::: and I want to help others improve"--- I'm a sponsor
 Message #337656 - This was a reply to message #337644
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 28, 2010 7:12 AM
DW: Timeflight.
More Master. Yay (even if the ultimate Master will always be Roger Delgado)!
No more Tegan. yay. Boring. her one redeeming feature is that she generally didn't scream too much.
And she could speak at least one aboriginal Australian dialect (even if her pronunciation was atrocious).
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337665 - This was a reply to message #337656
TheShadowlord

Friday July 30, 2010 10:20 AM
D5 is pretty bland and boring, really. He's started ever so slightly to pick up, but definitely the worst of the lot so far. Just finished the "Five Doctors". Even with Hartnell dead, the first three far outshone Davison. To my horror, I'm beginning to like Tegan. She's plucky, and I do like plucky girls. The smart ones are better. Zoe, Romana (both of them), even Nyssa.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337687 - This was a reply to message #337665
TheShadowlord

Sunday August 1, 2010 10:42 AM
A few more D5 episodes. Generally, the quality of the shows is pretty good, and Davison is growing on me, or he's getting better. still a bit too breathy/hyperventilatingy, but i guess that's a minor point.
Currently watching "Caves of androzani" Goodbye Tegan and Turlough. Turlough was an interesting one. kind of bipolar. coward and brave, gave up easily and kept going in the face of death, one of the few companions to advocate violence rather casually despite being a mostly peaceful guy.
Hello Peri. Ugh. horrible fake American accent, but obviously hired for eye-candy. That bikini scene in "Planet of Fire" was quite pleasing. eat your heart out, Billie Piper.
All the eye candy in the world can't make up for a terrible fake accent and annoying personality, though.

Have also seen "The Imaginarium of doctor Parnassus". Quite good. A bit of a return to form for Gilliam. not that i disliked "Brothers Grimm" by any means, but this was more his type of movie. And which other director could get Johnny Depp and Jude Law and Colin Farrell to do roles that were basically supporting?

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337703 - This was a reply to message #337687
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 2, 2010 10:32 AM
Just watched Event Horizon again last night. Not sure what it is about that movie, but it never fails to creep me out.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #337707 - This was a reply to message #337703
TheShadowlord

Monday August 2, 2010 3:59 PM
"Mystery Men" followed by an episode of "Black Adder goes forth".
Blackadder - nuff said.
Mystery Men - Geoffrey Rush is beautiful in his role.

Have also gone from Davison to Colin Baker's Doctor. Though Davison got better as his term got on (or maybe I just got used to him), Baker is a real nut, at least in "The Twin Dilemma". I used to think Colin Baker was the worst Doctor, and I can see why. "Unstable" is being kind. But he's interesting, which Davison wasn't really. Davison's best was in "Black Orchid" but that's because he fit in with the setting of early 1900s mid-to-upper class England.
and Peri. Ugh. Sorry, she is just annoying and doesn't show enough skin to make it worthwhile.

I haven't seen much of any of Colin Baker before, so we'll see if I like him better now.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337712 - This was a reply to message #337707
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Monday August 2, 2010 5:44 PM
QUOTED  and doesn't show enough skin to make it worthwhile.

If I'd been eating or drinking on it I'd be choking on it right now, lol.

Watched Drag me to Hell, which I've had waiting to watch for a while now and only just got around to.

I... didn't like it. I usually love Sam Raimi, and will watch pretty much everything he's been involved in, but after the first 10 or so minutes I ended up reading through most of it (Deadpool ), just leaving it on in the background, and when I did look up I spent most of the time going 'urk'. It was just too gross, for want of a better word. There's always a certain amount of that involved with Raimi, but if you look at something like the Evil Dead it's mixed with liberal doses of humour and genuine creepiness. This was just copious amount of vomiting, and other bodily fluids being spewed. And I don't care if it's supposed to be a 'metaphor for anorexia' (although the use of metaphor is incorrect in the way you're using it people, and also I think it's bunkum!) I don't want to watch buckets of snottily coloured vomit.

Disappointing.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #337713 - This was a reply to message #337712
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 2, 2010 9:10 PM
QUOTED  Just watched Event Horizon again last night. Not sure what it is about that movie, but it never fails to creep me out.

It's a combination.

1. Mankind's history at exploration is just what we see in the movie. "Oh, cool...let's try it!"

2. Sam Neil - Eyeballs = Creepy dammit! (This role is why I supported the idea of Sam Neil as Raistlin in a DragonLance movie)

Firefly: The Series
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #337717 - This was a reply to message #337707
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 3, 2010 12:19 AM
Agreed on both counts, Silv. And something about the imagery all the way throughout is just wrong. Even something as simple as the doors are all just weird and sort of unnerving for it.

Just watched my new copy of "Return to Oz". Big part of my childhood, that one, and really wish it was more well-known.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #337718 - This was a reply to message #337717
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Tuesday August 3, 2010 4:15 AM
QUOTED  "Return to Oz"

Is that the one with Fairuza Balk and the creepy wheely men? *shudders*

Watching London Ink at the moment. Interesting enough except most of the tattooists in it are quite unlikeable.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #337720 - This was a reply to message #337718

Listing 31 to 40 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 2 3 4 5 6