PAGES: 35 29 30 31 32 33
TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 26, 2013 9:42 PM
Not technically our AV player, but the girl and I went to see the new version of "Les Miserables". Apart from the opening scene/song and the comedy bits with Baron Cohen and Bonham Carter, I was rather bored. The songs didn't do anything for me, not even the famous "Do you hear the people sing", which is sort of like working towards an orgasm that never comes - starts off well but you leaves out the pay-off for all the work and teasing.

I only went because she insisted on wanting me there for her birthday dinner/movie thing.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341626 - This was a reply to message #341618
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 28, 2013 12:31 PM
I really liked Les Mis, actually, though I thought the show-stopper was "I Dreamed A Dream". Never would have thought Anne Hathaway had it in her.
Also, that pixie cut works frighteningly well on her.

Couldn't stand the girl who played Cossette, though - she'll always just be the dumb one from Mean Girls to me.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341631 - This was a reply to message #341626
Lunitari0

Ordo Nocturnus
RK: 15
MP: 9,002

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 29, 2013 2:37 AM
Omg, one of the Mean Girls plays Cosette? Barf.

My Tumblr - My Contact Information and Gaming Contact Information can be found here, as well as my Writing and Editing Commission Resume. -smiles-
 Message #341635 - This was a reply to message #341631
TheShadowlord

Tuesday January 29, 2013 7:56 PM
Young or old?
'cause young Cosette was adorable.

Old Cosette was blah. How the hell could anyone choose her over Eponine? Eppie was hot!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341636 - This was a reply to message #341635
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Tuesday January 29, 2013 11:06 PM
I've always loved Les Mis. And, I was impressed by this rendition. The way it was filmed (the players sang the performances we see in the film as they were filming without the whole dub it over in post) gave more life to this movie version than any other of the musical movies. In interviews, they talked about how they did it, and you can see the results. The emotions are less forced and that matters.

Tonight, Imma gonna watch Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. But recently, we've been rewatching Lost Girl season two. I hate the long breaks and DVR/On Demand makes it easier for me to refresh my memory. Love me some Kenzi.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341638 - This was a reply to message #341636
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

Wednesday January 30, 2013 5:21 AM
QUOTED  Old Cosette was blah. How the hell could anyone choose her over Eponine? Eppie was hot!

Man, I've always wondered that ever since I first read the book.

QUOTED  But recently, we've been rewatching Lost Girl season two. I hate the long breaks and DVR/On Demand makes it easier for me to refresh my memory. Love me some Kenzi.

I recently powered through the whole thing on Netflix and I'm in love. Though, rather saddened that they wrote Ryan aka. Tony Stark as an evil fae out. Something about the combination of mild insanity, genius, and mischief pleased me greatly. Which is related to why the show needs more of the Morrigan, desperately. I feel creepy for asserting Bo is so much hotter with the freaky succubus eyes, but it's true. Also, good heavens they managed to effectively weed out all the new characters they introduced in season 2 - both good and bad.

According to popular opinion, Kenzi is a mildly fictionalized version of me. To the point my roommates started calling me that, until I threatened physical violence.

But still - fuck that Baba Yaga episode. Fuck it sideways. Baba Yaga is terrifying and anyone with poor eastern europeans not very far back in their family tree will agree with me on that. She was the stuff of nightmares when I was a kid and that did NOTHING to make me feel better about it.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341639 - This was a reply to message #341638
tassanaburrfoot

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

Wednesday January 30, 2013 10:46 AM
QUOTED Omg, one of the Mean Girls plays Cosette? Barf.

Amanda Seyfried played Cosette, Luni. And I thought she did a great job, but then, I'm kinda biased. I like Amanda Seyfried.

Haven't really been watching much of anything aside from my usual Disney flicks. I know that doesn't say a whole lot about me, I suppose, but I don't really care. Got Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure in my Blu-Ray player right now and I am enjoying every second of it.

Was watching the last Once Upon A Time episode on Hulu earlier. Totally worried about Rumbelle. Poor guy. Can't seem to catch a break at all.
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #341640 - This was a reply to message #341635
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 31, 2013 9:21 AM
Been watching the anime Canaan. Only have a couple episodes left (out of 13) and I already know this is going into the "Watched it once but don't really remember it." category. If, while watching, I have the time to think "A yuri scene between those two wouldn't break the plot here" it is usually a bad sign.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #341642 - This was a reply to message #341640
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Saturday February 2, 2013 10:03 AM
QUOTED  I feel creepy for asserting Bo is so much hotter with the freaky succubus eyes, but it's true.

I'm getting tired of this trope actually. The whole eye changes to some unnatural apperance to point out the supernatural thingy happening here.... I'm gonna start calling it Fremening.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341643 - This was a reply to message #341639
TheShadowlord

Sunday February 3, 2013 11:49 PM
Guess I don't hang out on the right parts of the internet; I was unaware that it was a 'thing' until now.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341644 - This was a reply to message #341643

Listing 301 to 310 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 29 30 31 32 33