TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 4, 2012 1:15 PM
The Animatrix.
Best thing to come out of the whole stupid series.
ACtually, there's really only a couple of them that are really good, with most of them being bleh to ok, but not nearly as bad as the movies. The best story is the haunted house.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341000 - This was a reply to message #340987
TheShadowlord

Tuesday June 19, 2012 2:15 AM
DAnny the dog. Also known as "Unleashed".
Jet Li plays a guy who has been raised from a young age to be the fighting machine of a crime lord in Glasgow (don't ask me why every sounded like they were from the London area). He eventually escapes and meets Morgan Freeman, whose kind and understanding nature (and his wonderful teenage daughter) bring the human out in Danny.

A trite story, you might think, but screenplay by Luc Besson and a wonderful play between violent gangster movie and stranger in a strange land comedy. Jet Li shows he can do more than just hit people and at the age of 40 (or however old he was when he made this) can still look like he's in his early 20s. Predictable, but there is a reason there are cliches - it's because they work.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341021 - This was a reply to message #341000
TheShadowlord

Thursday June 21, 2012 8:15 PM
"Mio, min Mio" (Mio, my Mio)
A film based on Astrid Lindgren's story, low budget 80's fantasy film made in a collaboration between Swedish and Russian film, with mostly English actors, including Christopher Lee as the baddie and a very young Christian Bale as the sidekick.

More of a nostalgia trip for my gf who grew up with this movie. Not terribly good or fascinating other than as a curiosity piece.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341046 - This was a reply to message #341021
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 21, 2012 11:07 PM
The Amityville Horror, the original one... still gives me the creeps.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #341049 - This was a reply to message #341046
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 21, 2012 11:43 PM
QUOTED  DAnny the dog. Also known as "Unleashed".

One of my favorite Jet Li movies. Considering how much I love his movies, that's saying something. It does have a sort of trite story as you point out, but I think the acting and script really make it work. Good stuff.

QUOTED  The Amityville Horror, the original one... still gives me the creeps.

The new one's not bad either. I was surprised by Ryan Reynolds managing to be creepy as balls.

Lately been watching Buffy season 6 for the... umpteen gajillionth time. Boyfriend's watching the show for the first time, so I naturally have to watch with him.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341052 - This was a reply to message #341049
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Friday June 22, 2012 10:00 PM
Game of Thrones. Needed my Tyrion fix.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341057 - This was a reply to message #341052
TheShadowlord

Sunday June 24, 2012 2:41 AM
A day of pointless tv watching. Some episodes of the first season of the Muppet Show, the season finale of Avatar: the Legend of Korra (great stuff. I totally called the ending and the resolution, even if it was a slight cop out)
some animated Batman movies and a couple episodes of Daria.
I really should do something else than stare at a screen now.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341061 - This was a reply to message #341057
Lunitari0

Ordo Nocturnus
RK: 15
MP: 9,002

Thursday June 28, 2012 1:51 AM
"Second Skin", a documentary about WoW anD Second Life, and the pros and cons of online gaming in general. Really interesting!

My Tumblr - My Contact Information and Gaming Contact Information can be found here, as well as my Writing and Editing Commission Resume. -smiles-
 Message #341063 - This was a reply to message #341061
TheShadowlord

Sunday July 15, 2012 11:18 PM
Watched several movies on the transAtlantic flights.
Tintin, which was enjoyable, but since I have only basic knowledge of the comic (enough to recognize the characters and little more) I don't know how it works as an adaptation.

How to train your dragon, which was blandly predictable, despite rave reviews from a friend of mine (who has small kids, so that might color his outlook some).

Salt, in which Angelina Jolie goes all superspy black ops and kills people. Surprisingly good, though stiill nothing more than a decent timewaster.

The Muppet movie, which was quite good, if not to MuppetTreasure Island standard.

Ip Man, about the life of Bruce Lee's mentor in Japanese occupied China during WWII. Excellent movie, with Donnie Yen in the title role.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341079 - This was a reply to message #341063
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

Monday July 16, 2012 1:10 AM
QUOTED 
The Muppet movie, which was quite good, if not to MuppetTreasure Island standard.

Ip Man, about the life of Bruce Lee's mentor in Japanese occupied China during WWII. Excellent movie, with Donnie Yen in the title role.

Both fantastic movies.

I've been rewatching the show Carnivale, which I can't rave about enough. Fantastic character drama, period piece, and war between good and evil set in the Great Depression.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341081 - This was a reply to message #341079

Listing 241 to 250 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 23 24 25 26 27