PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 201 to 210 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 19 20 21 22 23
Avenging_Angel
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 21, 2011 6:18 PM
Watched Beetlejuice and The Nightmare Before Christmas last night with a friend who is tragically unenlightened in the ways of Tim Burton.

Before that, Addams Family Values. Fuckin' love that movie.

*snap snap*
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340534 - This was a reply to message #340500
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 23, 2011 11:58 AM
Started watching the Blade tv series after a friend recommended it. I'm utterly flabbergasted, since it's not only better than all the movies in just the pilot episode, but honestly better than most vampire movies I've seen in a while. I would hazard a guess this comes from a lack of Wesley Snipes whining at the writers to put him in it more, and I hope if they do any more movies they use this actor instead. In fact, just use all these actors instead. The storyline too. How exactly did Spike TV find better actors than a major movie studio?

Could use more Ryan Reynolds, though.
Objectively speaking.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340537 - This was a reply to message #340534
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Friday December 23, 2011 3:52 PM
Anime from Netflix. Corpse Princess, Clannad (and After), FMP, other crap.

Why is it the Japanese have this obsession with bad stuff? Spoilers in parentheticals (In Clannad, the main female dies in child birth...then, to make it worse, they KILL THE KID when she's five. Of course, some surreal thing makes it all better, but really Japan? You already made the audience cry... must you also make them all suicidally depressed?!?)

No, I don't know why I sat through 49 episodes of a anime soap-opera, by my own choosing. I just had one of those weeks.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #340540 - This was a reply to message #340537
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 25, 2011 6:12 PM
The girl and I have been watching Young Justice. Never big superhero fans, we were both quite pleased at the quality of writing and characterization of the people here. Good stories, good interaction between the members of the team and good humor.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340545 - This was a reply to message #340540
TheShadowlord

Saturday December 31, 2011 10:27 PM
13 Assassins
A freaking awesome movie. A moving tale of samurai loyalty and duty, serving their masters' every whim, even if the master is a monster the likes of which we rarely get to see in movies. He could so easily have come across as nothing more than a petty, sadistic cunt you feel like stepping on like he was a roach. Instead, we get a petty, sadistic cunt whose death is your burning desire, and makes the climax of the movie really work beautifully.
Only thing that marred its perfection it was how one character survived something he shouldn't.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340553 - This was a reply to message #340545
TheShadowlord

Friday January 6, 2012 3:13 PM
More J&W, and some cartoons I've been wanting to see.
First, the Voltron sequel. Unlike Thundercats, this is an actual sequel, not a reboot. Admittedly, my memories of the original are faint and dim, but it seems decent enough (even to the extent of having Black Lion's pilot having a mullet). Of course, they have to add a bunch of teeny prodigies to save the day because adult, competant sensible heroes are stupid.

The GI Joe thing actually looks worse than the original. I cannot stand the way people look in this one.
transformers Prime was terrible. THe animation is disgusting, the characters annoying in the extreme. I couldn't get past the pilot. And they killed Cliffjumper, one of my favorites in the old series. Still, give the guys balls for killing a character in the very first episode of a kids' show. And Peter Cullen is still Optimus, which kept the show from being a total waste.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340571 - This was a reply to message #340553
TheShadowlord

Monday January 9, 2012 6:44 PM
Captain America, Godzilla (the original) and X-men: first class.

CA was just as fun as the first time around. Heck, the song and dance number alone is worth the movie.
Godzilla was amusing. If it wasn't such a classic I'm sure it would have been terrible.
X-men was ok. I know next to nothing about the comic continuity so any deviations don't bother me. I thought young Xavier was something of a pretentious snob, slightly hypocritical.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340578 - This was a reply to message #340571
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

Tuesday January 10, 2012 1:50 AM
I liked Wolverine's cameo...
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #340580 - This was a reply to message #340578
TheShadowlord

Wednesday January 11, 2012 9:43 PM
True, that was a good one.

GI Joe: the rise of Cobra.
The trailer had me avoiding the thing like the plague until now. It was not as bad as teh trailer made out. The power armor scene, though too long, was fortunately not the entirety of the movie. The bad guys were better than expected, and Sienna Miller as the Baroness has kept my dirty mind very occupied the last couple of days.
Marlon Wayans was "Annoying black guy", like always. I wish he died. And Scarlett should not go for him at all.
It took me a moment to get over the international aspect of the Joes. "A real American hero", after all. But thinking back on it, it works better this way, even if the Roadblock substitue was lame.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340592 - This was a reply to message #340580
TheShadowlord

Wednesday January 18, 2012 12:56 PM
Looney Tunes.

These guys (the writers) are sadly overlooked when lists of funniest people ever come up.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340605 - This was a reply to message #340592

Listing 201 to 210 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 19 20 21 22 23