PAGES: 35 11 12 13 14 15
TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 17, 2011 4:05 AM
First season of DBZ (otherwise known as "For the love of FSM, get these people some laxetives!")
Though watching it is perhaps a little too generous, as I couldn't keep my whole attention on it, so I read comics at the same time.
It's utter, utter, crap. How anyone can like it is beyond me.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339369 - This was a reply to message #339344
TheShadowlord

Saturday February 26, 2011 8:16 PM
I have recently watched Macross plus, which was ok, Macross Frontier which was better and am about halfway through Macross 7, which is crap. not as crap as DBZ - there are at least two interesting characters, but the main protagonist is such a self-absorbed pretentious douchebag that I can't understand why we are expected to root for him. and almost all the mecha in this series look terrible, and they've ruined at least one of the characters from the original SDF Macross.

most recently, some Looney Tunes to try to get our minds off our kitty. The best ones like "What's opera, doc?" and "Robin Hood Daffy".
It almost worked.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339419 - This was a reply to message #339369
TheShadowlord

Sunday February 27, 2011 3:01 PM
Watched "The drunken Master" with Jackie Chan yesterday. There was somethign odd about it because it waverd back and forth between being dubbed (the usual crap kung fu dubs from the 70s - not even Jackie doing his own parts) and the original Cantonese, sometimes in the middle of a scene. Still, it was a good movie, if not as good as jackie's later stuff when he gets to organize jus about everything. the fights last a bit too long and the sound effects are a bit too intrusive.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339425 - This was a reply to message #339419
TheShadowlord

Tuesday March 15, 2011 4:24 AM
Watching Avatar: the Last Airbender again, interspersed with episodes of Captain Harlock.
I was introduced to Carl Macek's mix-ofseries version "Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years" back in the 80s, and was entranced. Now it just seems painful.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339497 - This was a reply to message #339425
TheShadowlord

Thursday March 17, 2011 8:46 PM
More Captain Harlock, and lots of "The Mysterious Cities of Gold", another of the Japanese animated French stories. And it is seriously excellent. A children's story, but despite the Japanese animators, the style is far more reminiscent of the French/Belgian style of comic and animation than any anime.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339505 - This was a reply to message #339497
TheShadowlord

Sunday March 20, 2011 11:45 PM
the entirety of "Clone Wars - season 2"

Some good stories, some bad. On the whole, the series could have been far far worse than it is.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339514 - This was a reply to message #339505
TheShadowlord

Monday March 28, 2011 2:39 PM
More MCoG. Each episode sees some development, and there is loss as well as gain.
I'm quite pleased with this series.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339561 - This was a reply to message #339514
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday April 2, 2011 3:02 AM
Finally getting around to The Expendables. I'm a little ashamed of how excited I am to see it - mostly because I'm holding out hope for Jet Li to kill everyone else in the end.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #339594 - This was a reply to message #339561
TheShadowlord

Saturday April 2, 2011 1:22 PM
My gf wanted to watch "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister" again, so we are working our way through them.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339595 - This was a reply to message #339594
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Saturday April 2, 2011 6:01 PM
Expendables was what I was hoping it would be-lots of fighting, kick ass explosions, silly plot, and laughable dialog. Great for when you want a mindless action flick. I must get it.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #339596 - This was a reply to message #339595

Listing 121 to 130 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 11 12 13 14 15